• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
How is it at all out of place? It's the bottom right corner on a box of selection icons. It makes perfectly logical design sense to put it there, since the franchise groups are organized vertically and western culture reads left to right. If Geno had been included, then yes, it would have been a good place for his icon, but it doesn't mean the "Randomize" icon was a last minute substitute for another character.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
How is it at all out of place? It's the bottom right corner on a box of selection icons. It makes perfectly logical design sense to put it there, since the franchise groups are organized vertically and western culture reads left to right. If Geno had been included, then yes, it would have been a good place for his icon, but it doesn't mean the "Randomize" icon was a last minute substitute for another character.
I applaud you, intelligent smash n00b.

You are of a rare breed.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That's where Melee's hidden random was as well. At least, one of them. Random would logically go in a corner, and that's what would commonly be accepted as the last box in the entire roster.

I also applaud the Smash n00b. It's all too uncommon to find one who knows his stuff.

*clapclapclap*

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*roaring applause!*

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I think that Ouendan would make a good new franchise, as would Animal Crossing.
opinions opinions

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be very nice if they put someone like Megaman in here, even though he is in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Maybe...uh...Tom Nook?

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
No, wait!

What if they had a playable metroid? And maybe, as the match goes on, you could morph into larger things. That would be neat.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
What am I thinking?

I will put money on a Raving Rabbit being in the next one. (From rayman: raving rabbits.)

Most likely be a Ness clone, using a plunger as a bat. Stupid moves like cow throw as a grapple, a scream as an attack. Maybe throw their brain as a projectile.

Taunts would be yelling, dancing, and blowing self up (a usuable attack taunt, like Luigi.)

Yup.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There is a good chance They will add more female characters even if they are just costumes. Could be Rosaline or Crystal. I could see Crystal fighting with the staff and such. I'm not sure what Rosaline will do. They may always pull an old character from the NES out of their *** as well. Just like they did with Pit in Brawl. Maybe Joe Musashi? Nah He'd be like Sheik and Marth had a baby. They may add some Characters from a different RPG game. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone from Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Symphonia, or the recent Fire Emblem game. I would not be shocked to see Characters from Crash or Banjo Kazoo although I would like it too much. There is a new Castlevania game coming so they may at least throw in some assist trophys from there. I could actually see them putting Dal in the game from that Dragon game to make up for removing Roy.....but something tells me he would be broken....can't think of anyone else. They could always add a Final Fantasy character but that will only cause trouble. It would be like putting in a character from Bleach or Naruto if you know what I mean....

LSDX

Wah!
There is a good chance They will add more female characters even if they are just costumes. Could be Rosaline or Crystal. I could see Crystal fighting with the staff and such. I'm not sure what Rosaline will do. They may always pull an old character from the NES out of their *** as well. Just like they did with Pit in Brawl. Maybe Joe Musashi? Nah He'd be like Sheik and Marth had a baby. They may add some Characters from a different RPG game. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone from Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Symphonia, or the recent Fire Emblem game. I would not be shocked to see Characters from Crash or Banjo Kazoo although I would like it too much. There is a new Castlevania game coming so they may at least throw in some assist trophys from there. I could actually see them putting Dal in the game from that Dragon game to make up for removing Roy.....but something tells me he would be broken....can't think of anyone else. They could always add a Final Fantasy character but that will only cause trouble. It would be like putting in a character from Bleach or Naruto if you know what I mean....
TL;DR

I noticed a few characters listed:

Banjo&Kazooie: I wish, but they're owned by Rare which was bought out by Microsoft.

Krystal: Eh, go for it.

Roy: *Gives you a cookie*

Rosalina: What would the point be; she'd be best off as an Assist Trophy at best.

Naruto: ...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
TL;DR

I noticed a few characters listed:

Banjo&Kazooie: I wish, but they're owned by Rare which was bought out by Microsoft.

Krystal: Eh, go for it.

Roy: *Gives you a cookie*

Rosalina: What would the point be; she'd be best off as an Assist Trophy at best.

Naruto: ...

HAHAHAHA! Your logic is undeniable. I'm just shooting our possibilities.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wait...there's someone under the impression that Geno actually was planned for Brawl? Wow, havn't seen one those in the longest of times.

The problem with Geno is that he's part of the Mario series *slap* Third party! *slap* Mario series! *slap* Third party! *slap* He's both part of the Mario series and third party! ;_;

Anyways, that Chinatown refference aside, both these two things hurt Geno, as there are more deserving Mario franchise characters, and hundreds of better third party choices. Also, both SE and Nintendo don't seem to care about the character. Sure he got that little cameo in Mario & Luigi, but does anyone remember Mario Hoops 3-on-3? The game that had Mario and FF characters? No Geno to be found. How about Itadaki Street DS, which was another Nintendo SE cross over, that even had SMRPG music? Why wasn't Geno in there? Surely if he was poppular enough, or the compaines cared about him, he would have shown up again, but in the end, he didn't.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
If it is true fact that there will be a Smash 4, then I sure hope HAL Laboratory will be back on the development this time. <_<

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
All just rumors and dreams at this point. We can hope but will we get another smash bros? lol it wouldn't hurt to put Mewtwo back in there. Although he is the ultimate psychic pokemon so they'd have to make him way better than he was in melee. >.> Megaman from the exe series and X series would be fun though. Lol Megaman final smash, HUB SYLE! If you've ever read the manga you'll know how overpowered Hub style is. :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Megaman comes first.
Then Zero, Bass, and Proto Man.
Then Megaman X.
Then Dr. Wily.
Then Roll.
Then Dr. Light.
Then Rush.
Then Megaman Soccer.
Then Megaman exe.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Megaman comes first.
Then Zero, Bass, and Proto Man.
Then Megaman X.
Then Dr. Wily.
Then Roll.
Then Dr. Light.
Then Rush.
Then Megaman Soccer.
Then Megaman exe.
Or, more accurately:

Mega Man comes first.
Then Proto Man.
Then Bass.

And that's all. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
WAAAAAAH!!! :cry:

I'd settle for Bass. Bass is cool.

Zero, though... Zero is infinitely not as cool.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Or, more accurately:

Mega Man comes first.
Then Proto Man.
Then Bass.

And that's all. :)
I was trying to create a large gap between Megaman and Megaman exe.
Because Megaman exe. Fails :laugh:.

Those 3 are the best choices though, but what if they used Megamans design from the PSP games, as cute as it is?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
No really I really never knew he was so popular for so many fans. I guess I can't just grudge Megaman just because he is a kid in a blue suit.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
WOW, the thread has come a LONG way since the last time I posted here.

Right, vammped Mewtwo for SSB4! A Mewtwo stronger than Pikachu for goodness sakes! Say... almost as strong as Gonondorf? Yeah, that sounds about right...

A Bowser's Castle level... PLEASE!!!!!

Dark Samus. Someone explain to me how Metroid Prime, a foe that Samus had to beat 7 times before finally killing it, doesn't deserve a spot. Gonondorf died in the WW and TP, but TP Ganon is in Brawl. Speaking of which...

A non-clone Ganondorf.

Midna/ Wolf Link.

Toon Link. With WW and PH abilities. Enough laziness!

Mega-man. Nuff said.

Bowser Jr/ Shadow Mario.

A vammped and non-clone Roy.

I think that's it for now.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Man I had a brain fart there and said Megaman instead of Capcom. :o

Though I admit, that Zero would have his chances for the second character...if Capcom did want more than one character in SSB4. (Which seems weird. I'd think they'd want to diversify series)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
WOW, the thread has come a LONG way since the last time I posted here.

Right, vammped Mewtwo for SSB4! A Mewtwo stronger than Pikachu for goodness sakes! Say... almost as strong as Gonondorf? Yeah, that sounds about right...

A Bowser's Castle level... PLEASE!!!!!

Dark Samus. Someone explain to me how Metroid Prime, a foe that Samus had to beat 7 times before finally killing it, doesn't deserve a spot. Gonondorf died in the WW and TP, but TP Ganon is in Brawl. Speaking of which...

A non-clone Ganondorf.

Midna/ Wolf Link.

Toon Link. With WW and PH abilities. Enough laziness!

Mega-man. Nuff said.

Bowser Jr/ Shadow Mario.

A vammped and non-clone Roy.

I think that's it for now.
Dark Samus could just be an alternate costume for Samus.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dark Samus actually has several different moves than Samus, though it seems her chances are lowered with ZSS, since there would be three "Samus" characters. Still, while DS could be a Samus alt, I've got the feeling that future Smashes will just stick to Samus suit recolors. (Like how there is a Phazon Suit and Fusion Suit-Esque recolors)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I was trying to create a large gap between Megaman and Megaman exe.
Because Megaman exe. Fails :laugh:.

Those 3 are the best choices though, but what if they used Megamans design from the PSP games, as cute as it is?
I like the Battle Network games, although the classic Mega is definitely where it's at. The Powered Up art style, while cool (as if I actually had to say that I liked it...:rolleyes:), wouldn't be fitting in Smash.

I like Zero...:(
I'm afraid I don't. I feel like he's too much what the X series used as a replacement for Proto Man. And as anyone who knows me half as well as I do will tell you, I have a special place in my heart for Proto Man.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Dark Samus could just be an alternate costume for Samus.
Ever played MP 2 and 3? The abilities that MP/DS displays are different from Samus's, with only two or three moves being direct copies, and even then, only the Super Missile has the same effect. Saying that is like saying that Peach could just be an alternate costume for Zelda. Or that the white costume for Lucario is enough to take the place of Mewtwo. *Does not compute*

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Ever played MP 2 and 3? The abilities that MP/DS displays are different from Samus's, with only two or three moves being direct copies, and even then, only the Super Missile has the same effect. Saying that is like saying that Peach could just be an alternate costume for Zelda. Or that the white costume for Lucario is enough to take the place of Mewtwo. *Does not compute*
No way screw Dark Samus. Better as a Alternate Costume.

If there is to be one more Metroid character it is Ridley (And if your going to say "HE'S TOO BIG" Don't Because Who god cares about size. It is in many games and it can work. So who cares about size.)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
No way screw Dark Samus. Better as a Alternate Costume.
I will not. Alt. costume is not good enough for a unique character with unique moves that was the main antagonist in 2 of the 3 games that rescued the Metroid series. Just like there's potential for Daisy being something other than a Peach costume.

If there is to be one more Metroid character it is Ridley (And if your going to say "HE'S TOO BIG" Don't Because Who god cares about size. It is in many games and it can work. So who cares about size.)
I want Ridley too. He just needs to be resized until he's not "Too big". That's all there is to it... oh wait! I know! Ridley can be one of Charziard's alt. costumes! They look a lot alike! Ridley would just be a clone! Just kidding, although I hope you get the point. :p

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I will not. Alt. costume is not good enough for a unique character with unique moves that was the main antagonist in 2 of the 3 games that rescued the Metroid series. Just like there's potential for Daisy being something other than a Peach costume.

I want Ridley too. He just needs to be resized until he's not "Too big". That's all there is to it... oh wait! I know! Ridley can be one of Charziard's alt. costumes! They look a lot alike! Ridley would just be a clone! Just kidding, although I hope you get the point. :p
Yeah I do, but Ridley should be it and Dark Samus. Screw Dark Samus he sucks!!!! Yes I know guys opinions opinions.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
But screw Dark Samus. Not popular enough. Thereby makes him alternate. Ridley is the one and opinions opinions people. I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom