• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
one Of The Greatest Rpg Ever Made, The Best In My Book, Even Better Then Ff7, You May Remember It.

super Mario Rpg
i Refuse To Rant On That
I Simply Refuse To
I Shall Not Shove My Nazi-type Opinion Down Your Throat To Prove You Wrong And That I Am Superior.

My Caps Lock Show My Rage

Edit:Stupid caps lock filter...

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
i Refuse To Rant On That
I Simply Refuse To
I Shall Not Shove My Nazi-type Opinion Down Your Throat To Prove You Wrong And That I Am Superior.

My Caps Lock Show My Rage

Edit:Stupid caps lock filter...
Huh, I'm not arguing against you lol, don't take everything I say as an invitation to fight, ever played Super Mario RPG? BTW that would probably be the most likely square rep to be from.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Huh, I'm not arguing against you lol, don't take everything I say as an invitation to fight, ever played Super Mario RPG? BTW that would probably be the most likely square rep to be from.
I was doing that as a joke, not as an argument starter.;)

Yeah I played it, I felt it was good,but not great.

No, the only likely Square rep is Crono.

AND THERE'S NO ****ING H IN HIS NAME.

Watch me post without having a space after a comma.
Im so evil,right?

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
so like I was saying that made me realize that that would be the most likely thing they would reach for in square: something based on their mascot. Geno FTW LOL

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Cloud has many haters among the smash community, saying he's likely is just asking to get flamed, brawler1432. That said, I've played Super Mario RPG and it's easily the best of the Mario RPGs. I've played every Mario RPG there is, and find them all great games with the exception of partners in time, which is still good while it lasted. I'm particularly fond of the thousand year door, but it still doesn't beat SMRPG. Super Mario RPG was the last one I played to boot, so it truly does stand the test of time. I don't give a crap about Geno and don't see why he's so worshipped, but it is a great game and the music from that game needs to return in SSB.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The only games I know of that mario and FF characters appeared in a game together is Mario hoops, is their another one?
I don't think so. And I should have specified Final Fantasy characters instead of just Square characters.

LOL at filipino. I haven't laughed so hard for a good while, even if he is basically making chronobound and I.
LOL grasping at straws. You are only inferring that fact, but only I can do that.

naw ur kool

SirKibble

Smash Champion
No, the only likely Square rep is Crono.

AND THERE'S NO ****ING H IN HIS NAME.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

You are my new best friend.

Chrono is the first word in the title of the game, which also happens to be a key item in the game.
Crono is the silent main protagonist.

Crono for SSB4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You took the words right out of my mouth.

You are my new best friend.

Chrono is the first word in the title of the game, which also happens to be a key item in the game.
Crono is the silent main protagonist.

Crono for SSB4.
Fun fact: Crono is named Chrono in Japan. The reason why his name is Crono is due to a character limit.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Fun fact: Crono is named Chrono in Japan. The reason why his name is Crono is due to a character limit.
Interesting. I'll grant that fun fact, but I'll still add anybody that calls him Chrono to my List of People I Cannot Be Friends With. We speak English here, folks... Unless you're actually Japanese, then you can call him Chrono. But otherwise...

On a different note, anybody else get a bit of a kick out of changing the characters' names in Chrono Trigger to their real names. Makes some scenes kind of weird.

Marle = Nadia
Frog = Glenn
Robo = R66-Y
Magus = Janus

Yeah... I'm probably the only one who did that, though...

EDIT: Added spoilers, just in case you're so behind-the-times that you haven't played Chrono Trigger, but have been given an irresistable urge to because of...whatever.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Whoa, man, Crono is totally cooler.

Plus, he was actually in a game on a Nintendo system... But as far as sheer coolness goes, Crono still wins.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Crono vs. Cloud

Cloud: *takes out big sword*
Crono: *goes back in time and rips Cloud's fetus out of his mother's stomach*

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yeah. Crono would be ****in sick. I'd love to see him in SSB4.
Yesh indeed. God forbid he be a clone.

We have enough of those already.

LET'S GO TAKE A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE:

The bird that ALL of his fans said would be decloned, then BAWWWWWWWED at the critics who pointed out that he's steal a Bread-Hoarding clone.

WHY GOD? WHY BE SO CRUEL AS TO GIVE SIR AWESOME OVER HERE FALCON'S MOVESET?

One of the rare happenings where the clone is actually BETTER than the original.

Okay, he's a Luigified clone, but STILL.

I think we all know who deserves this spot over this ******** cyborg covered with spikes and stripes...

MAGIKARP.

And best of all:

I HATE THIS DREAM-BASHER.

-------

Now for the fellow who'd WITHOUT A DOUBT be clones if included (back) in:

KRYSTAL:

Couldn't post a picture because all of the Google Pages were furry art.

**** YOU, FURRIES.

-------

And some fun ideas:

CHARIZARD RECOLOR- RIDLEY. Awesome, right?

SQUIRTLE RECOLOR- BOWSER JR. Just without his brush and instead of water based moves, it'd be paint based.

DK RECOLOR- FUNKY KONG. Another good idea...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Personally, I think the best idea for a new clone would be to clone King Dedede...

.....into another King Dedede. There would be much rejoicing.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yesh indeed. God forbid he be a clone.

We have enough of those already.
A clone of who? Link?

Up B -- Cyclone -- Okay, same as Link's.

Standard B -- Crossbow -- Crono... Um... Turns into Marle and fires her/his/um... Crossbow.

Down B -- Napalm -- Crono turns into Lucca and pulls out a Napalm bomb, then turns back into Crono, who can throw the bomb.

Side B -- Rocket Punch -- Crono turns into Robo and fires his fist forward. It then comes back to him, and he turns back into Crono

Final Smash -- Confuse -- Could work pretty much like the Triforce Slash, I suppose.

Yeah...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Personally, I think the best idea for a new clone would be to clone King Dedede...

.....into another King Dedede. There would be much rejoicing.
I KNOW WHO!

IN SAKURAI'S MIND, IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

--------

And it was a bit of a remark about cloning and clones and how Sakurai could turn Wario into a Pikachu clone if he wanted to.

I wasn't serious.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
And it was a bit of a remark about cloning and clones and how Sakurai could turn Wario into a Pikachu clone if he wanted to.

I wasn't serious.
Yes, I figured. I just wanted to figure out how he could be a clone.

You know Sakurai, he'd totally do that.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
LOL at the FF7's the best game ever comment.

Do those fans ever actually read a good story or watch a good movie? They certainly don't play amazing games if FF7's the best for them.

Smashbot226... Don't tempt me. Ness is on level with Lucas due to his fantastic aerials and grabs, and his NON-LAGGY kill moves.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I've heard people say Lucas is better,and it was from someone who isnt as biased as I am on the Lucas VS Ness discussion.

My ears are broken...
Well, I said IN GENERAL because 6 or 7/10 people will say Ness is better.

ACTUAL FACT. I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO PULLS STATISTICS OUT OF NOWHERE.

(Naw, but seriously, most people would say Ness > Lucas.)

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Well, I said IN GENERAL because 6 or 7/10 people will say Ness is better.

ACTUAL FACT. I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO PULLS STATISTICS OUT OF NOWHERE.

(Naw, but seriously, most people would say Ness > Lucas.)
I must go on a really biased part of this forum..<_<
Um Me and 9 other Lucas mainers would say Lucas is better, with our magical biased powers.
Haha, I win.;)

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Having 'Grey Fox' from M.G.S would be an interesting idea, once again this is just a suggestion like most posts in this thread.

A moveset idea would be:

Jab - swings his thin blade around rapidly, like Captain Falcon's jab but a bit slower.
Ftilt - does a quick and small roll and stabs with his blade forward.
Utilt - does a handstand kick, except he stabs his blade into the ground rather than using his hands to balance.
Dtilt - stabs sword down into the ground at a 45 degree angle where he is facing.
Fsmash - very similar to Captain Falcon's except with the stab and the grind then launch effect.
Usmash - A quick front flip kick on the spot.
Dsmash - crosses arms together like a coffin position then releases pushing both sides at the same time.
Nair - does multiple fast backflips (grind effect not a smash)
Fair - a sex kick but a grinding effect only.
Bair - hits with two knees together and blade tweaked out at the back. (good KO move)
Dair - grinds downwards then launches opponent. (hits with the edge of his blade handle)
Uair - spins around with blade pointing upwards (grind effect only)
Nspec - activates stealth suit and electricutes anyone he touches for 3 seconds. Projectiles can go through Grey Fox when activated, this is like the fox shield but more on the defensive side considering it does not deflect projectiles and magic moves but they go straight through. (an outline of Grey Fox will be visible during this move)
Fspec - Does a series of 3 flips and anyone who gets touched is shocked. (not a stun like ZSS)
Uspec - Does a very high back flip and steal suit blinks on and off. (useful for escaping tight situations like sandwich ones)
Dspec - Grey Fox starts to malfunction and the stealth suit blinks on and off releasing electricity around his body.
Dash attack - exactly like Marth's but a grind then launches upwards ( good KO move)
PS: I made Grey Fox to be a combination of Captain Falcon and Marth, but more of a grinding type character which you need to rack up damage and another thing is Grey Fox is as fast as sheik.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Having 'Grey Fox' from M.G.S would be an interesting idea, once again this is just a suggestion like most posts in this thread.

A moveset idea would be:

Jab - swings his thin blade around rapidly, like Captain Falcon's jab but a bit slower.
Ftilt - does a quick and small roll and stabs with his blade forward.
Utilt - does a handstand kick, except he stabs his blade into the ground rather than using his hands to balance.
Dtilt - stabs sword down into the ground at a 45 degree angle where he is facing.
Fsmash - very similar to Captain Falcon's except with the stab and the grind then launch effect.
Usmash - A quick front flip kick on the spot.
Dsmash - crosses arms together like a coffin position then releases pushing both sides at the same time.
Nair - does multiple fast backflips (grind effect not a smash)
Fair - a sex kick but a grinding effect only.
Bair - hits with two knees together and blade tweaked out at the back. (good KO move)
Dair - grinds downwards then launches opponent. (hits with the edge of his blade handle)
Uair - spins around with blade pointing upwards (grind effect only)
Nspec - activates stealth suit and electricutes anyone he touches for 3 seconds. Projectiles can go through Grey Fox when activated, this is like the fox shield but more on the defensive side considering it does not deflect projectiles and magic moves but they go straight through. (an outline of Grey Fox will be visible during this move)
Fspec - Does a series of 3 flips and anyone who gets touched is shocked. (not a stun like ZSS)
Uspec - Does a very high back flip and steal suit blinks on and off. (useful for escaping tight situations like sandwich ones)
Dspec - Grey Fox starts to malfunction and the stealth suit blinks on and off releasing electricity around his body.
Dash attack - exactly like Marth's but a grind then launches upwards ( good KO move)
PS: I made Grey Fox to be a combination of Captain Falcon and Marth, but more of a grinding type character which you need to rack up damage and another thing is Grey Fox is as fast as sheik.
OH NO YOU DID NOT :embarrass

...You're new around here though, so don't worry about it. :chuckle:

But for future reference, movesets go here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189523, though I think I've got the Gray Fox idea pretty much covered, if I do say so myself...

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
This thread no longer has meaning, does it?
Being semi-new to this thread, (1 week ago I think) I dont even think it has.:ohwell:
This thread must be in despair...anyway, I dont think a 3rd party will get another rep, especially MGS, considering its a dead series.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Being semi-new to this thread, (1 week ago I think) I dont even think it has.:ohwell:
This thread must be in despair...
Meh, it goes in phases. We basically just spammed the last few pages, but keep in mind that that was basically just a release of all the pressure and ill will that had built up over the past ten/twenty pages from those scorching Dixie Kong debates.

especially MGS, considering its a dead series.
Nonsense. Snake probably won't be showing up, but Metal Gear still brings in the big bucks.

Konami won't stop making them until they stop making Konami money. It's not like there aren't any number of possibilities, anyways.

gantrain05

Smash Master
LOL at the FF7's the best game ever comment.

Do those fans ever actually read a good story or watch a good movie? They certainly don't play amazing games if FF7's the best for them.

Smashbot226... Don't tempt me. Ness is on level with Lucas due to his fantastic aerials and grabs, and his NON-LAGGY kill moves.
ff7 IS the best game ever, get over it.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
ff7 IS the best game ever, get over it.
RAGE

Meh, it goes in phases. We basically just spammed the last few pages, but keep in mind that that was basically just a release of all the pressure and ill will that had built up over the past ten/twenty pages from those scorching Dixie Kong debates.
I C
Nonsense. Snake probably won't be showing up, but Metal Gear still brings in the big bucks.

Konami won't stop making them until they stop making Konami money. It's not like there aren't any number of possibilities, anyways.
I thought MGS4 was the last of teh series?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Kojima simply said MGS4 will be the last one with Snake. He said he would make more Metal Gears only they would star a new protagonist.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Here's my list for SSB4:

Geno - He is extremely popular on message boards.

Krystal - She would have a unique moveset, and I like her, so I must be a furry.

Black Shadow - He would be a clone of Ganondorf, and he's very popular in Japan. Besides, F-Zero needs a new rep.

Ridley - Never mind, he's too big.

One of the Metroid Prime Hunters - Metroid deserves another rep.

Micaiah - She is female. Also, would like to jump on the bandwagon.

and last but not least,

King K. Rool AND Dixie Kong - Yes, together. K. Rool deserves it, and Dixie is supposed to be part of a tag-team.

Rate plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom