• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
^ Needs moar MegaMan. Also, you make it sound like K.Rool and Dixie will be the tag team. Much lol-age.

K.ROOL AND DIXIE TAG TEAM FOR SSB4!!

ff7 IS the best game ever, get over it.
lolwut?

I've never played it, but based on the number of people who are ready and willing to heavily contradict that, I seriously, seriously, Seriously, SeRiOuSlY, SERIOUSLY,
this thread is sirius bizness,
doubt it.

So what is? Personal opinion: As far as single-player games go (since I believe we should consider them separately for determining best game ever), I have to go with Chrono Trigger [/PersonalOpinion].

No, siriusly.

And yeah, this thread has phases. We're suffering logic and reason withdrawals right now, resulting in spam and nonsense. Just give us some time...

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Here's my list for SSB4:
Great, another one.

Geno - He is extremely popular on message boards.
We've already discussed Geno. No.

Krystal - She would have a unique moveset, and I like her, so I must be a furry.
No more Star Fox.

Black Shadow - He would be a clone of Ganondorf, and he's very popular in Japan. Besides, F-Zero needs a new rep.

Kay.

Ridley - Never mind, he's too big.
LOL. Seriously, Ridley was the same size as Samus in the first Metroid game. In the 2d Mario Games, Bowser is about as big in relation to Mario as Ridley is in relation to Samus.

One of the Metroid Prime Hunters - Metroid deserves another rep.
Do the words "They are minor character from one game that is only a first person shooter labeled Metroid," mean anything to you?

Micaiah - She is female. Also, would like to jump on the bandwagon.
No. Having boobs is not a reason for a character to get in.

and last but not least,

King K. Rool AND Dixie Kong - Yes, together. K. Rool deserves it, and Dixie is supposed to be part of a tag-team.
With Diddy? No thanks. As for K. Rool, I agree.

Rate plz?
It's terrible. :p

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I've never played it,
*smacks SirKibble upside the head* Play it right now!
But I agree that Crono Trigger is possibly one of the best 1-P RPG games ever. created. Ever.

We need to get a new topic...

Hrm...

Any new third party characters coming in? Or has this topic been discussed/been flamed on/died before?

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Great, another one.

We've already discussed Geno. No.
It's all in the opinion, KoJ.

No more Star Fox.
Eh... it could happen.

LOL. Seriously, Ridley was the same size as Samus in the first Metroid game. In the 2d Mario Games, Bowser is about as big in relation to Mario as Ridley is in relation to Samus.
Oh so true. Just look at Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, he's like frickin 11 feet tall! And Bowser is about half the size as he was in Super Mario 64, no?
I think Ridley has a chance for sure over another bounty hunter/character thing from Metroid.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Black Shadow as a rep because of the fact that he'd be a blatant Falcon clone? I mean, he would take over what Ganondorf has had, and would hopefully open the gate for Ganon to have his own moveset, but I would rather see Samurai Goroh or Jody Summers. Jody in particular, seeing as she had a more major role in the story line of GX.

And no, not because she has boobs.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Black Shadow as a rep because of the fact that he'd be a blatant Falcon clone? I mean, he would take over what Ganondorf has had, and would hopefully open the gate for Ganon to have his own moveset, but I would rather see Samurai Goroh or Jody Summers. Jody in particular, seeing as she had a more major role in the story line of GX.

Not at all. Nobody's really suggested how BS wouldn't be a clone. If F-Zero needed to see a new rep, it'd probably be Goroh or a new character that might appear in the future.

And what else does Jody Summers have?

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman

I don't care for Black Shadow either I'm not totally AGAINST him though.

I think that if Captain Falcon saw Super Smash Bros. from beginning to end without having another rep in his universe, I'd be happier with that than see his image be ruined by a clone.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think that if Captain Falcon saw Super Smash Bros. from beginning to end without having another rep in his universe, I'd be happier with that than see his image be ruined by a clone.
'Zactly. His character became hugely popular thanks to Smash, and I think someone else could steal his spotlight (or be kept very far away from it).

gantrain05

Smash Master
Hrmm, SSB4 most likely will have sonic and snake return, seeing as how popular both of them are, but as for more 3rd parties? the only exceptions i would want to see getting in are 3rd parties that have been big for nintendo in the past, Megaman anyone? maybe the double dragons or battletoads, maybe a belmont from the castlevania series or something, but geno? or lloyd? no no no, there are so many other more deserving characters from other games that deserve to get in long before them.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
And what else does Jody Summers have?
Boobs. Sorry, but you walked into that one.

Honestly though, I've never really played F-Zero or watched the anime. Is there like a wiki or something I could go to to find more about the characters?

Dumah

Smash Cadet
Ok so I haven't read all 411 pages of this thread, so has anybody discussed Viewtiful Joe to be on the roster?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the disappearance of stickers, the chronicle, the stage builder, any many of the special brawls like 100 man melee, or big character melee etc. (whatever they're called now), or the masterpieces in favor of some new stages, or even some returning ones from the 64 game.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ok so I haven't read all 411 pages of this thread, so has anybody discussed Viewtiful Joe to be on the roster?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the disappearance of stickers, the chronicle, the stage builder, any many of the special brawls like 100 man melee, or big character melee etc. (whatever they're called now), or the masterpieces in favor of some new stages, or even some returning ones from the 64 game.
Possibly. It's very likely that Mega Man would be the first character Capcom puts forth, but as for others, Joe would be an alright choice as well. He's more recent, and could possibly advertise a new Nintendo-exclusive (*snicker*) VJ game whenever that happens.

How could he incorporate his VFX moves though?

Roihu

Smash Ace
Hrmm, SSB4 most likely will have sonic and snake return, seeing as how popular both of them are, but as for more 3rd parties? the only exceptions i would want to see getting in are 3rd parties that have been big for nintendo in the past, Megaman anyone? maybe the double dragons or battletoads, maybe a belmont from the castlevania series or something, but geno? or lloyd? no no no, there are so many other more deserving characters from other games that deserve to get in long before them.
I think it should only be one representative per 3rd party company.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jody could work, moveset wise. They would have to make up stuff for her, but I think a feline esque moveset would work best since her car is the White Cat.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
They should add Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts characters. People like Cloud, Sephiroth, Sora would be great to add.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
New Characters I want.

Mario: Daisy, and Rosalina, seriously, Smash needs more women fighters.
Yoshi: Birdo.
LoZ: Tingle, Adult Midna.
Metroid: Ridley, Sylux, Noxus, Dark Samus.
Kirby: Rick.
Pikmin: Louie.
F-Zero: Jody Summer.
Pokemon: Gardevoir(don't ask).
Sonic: Amy, Cream, Tails, Rouge, Knuckles(although if I had to pick, it would be Amy and Tails, seeing as how they're closer to Sonic than most people think).
New Characters: Micaiah, Lyn, Isaac, Animal Crosser, Tom Nook.
Retro Character: Balloon Fighter, Balloon Kids.
Third-Party: Some Characters from ToS, like Lloyd, Colette, and Genis, maybe?.

This roster would be made of WIN

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think it should only be one representative per 3rd party company.
Some companies have several very good characters from different iconic franchises that have appeared on Nintendo consoles. Adding maybe more than one from a few companies to the 35+ veterans would hardly affect the Nintend-egrity of Smash., IMO.

Jody could work, moveset wise. They would have to make up stuff for her, but I think a feline esque moveset would work best since her car is the White Cat.
Why not just use the White Cat then? :D

Roihu

Smash Ace
Some companies have several very good characters from different iconic franchises that have appeared on Nintendo consoles. Adding maybe more than one from a few companies to the 35+ veterans would hardly affect the Nintend-egrity of Smash., IMO.
There are just so many 3rd party characters people want. Megaman, Bomberman (Even though he would be awesome), Lloyd, new Sonic characters, and some characters that just have no freaking chance.
I'm glad Sakurai doesn't care about some opinions too much. And do I have to repeat this every single time? The creators of those games are not gonna blowjob Sakurai.
No matter how much you want them too. Sonic I think is good he got in as he has a long history with Nintendo. He was created because of Nintendo.
I don't think anybody else in a 3rd party company really deserves it unless I'm shown history with Nintendo.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
There are just so many 3rd party characters people want. Megaman, Bomberman (Even though he would be awesome), Lloyd, new Sonic characters, and some characters that just have no freaking chance.
I'm glad Sakurai doesn't care about some opinions too much. And do I have to repeat this every single time? The creators of those games are not gonna blowjob Sakurai.
No matter how much you want them too. Sonic I think is good he got in as he has a long history with Nintendo. He was created because of Nintendo.
I don't think anybody else in a 3rd party company really deserves it unless I'm shown history with Nintendo.
Again, why place these limits on the franchise? Personally, I'm not really a fan of most of the third-party character suggestions (and I mean the characters themselves, not the idea). The majority of Nintendo's "All-Stars" are already in Smash, and most of the Nintendo characters being suggested now are second-fiddles and below, or seriously just aren't that popular. We're reduced to arguing about how different existing franchises "deserve more reps" for the sake of having as many reps as other popular franchises. Why not open our minds to the possiblity of expanding the franchise? Smash was revolutionary to begin with, and the good reception that our current third-party reps have had shows that this new direction can keep Smash from getting stale. Sakurai can just ask, nobody needs to "blowjob" him.

So once more, why place these limits on a franchise that started as revolutionary, and has the potential to continue to be so?

Dumah

Smash Cadet
Possibly. It's very likely that Mega Man would be the first character Capcom puts forth, but as for others, Joe would be an alright choice as well. He's more recent, and could possibly advertise a new Nintendo-exclusive (*snicker*) VJ game whenever that happens.

How could he incorporate his VFX moves though?
I'm not sure really, other then using a FS to incorporate them somehow. Maybe you could have some sort of charge attack like Lucario's or Samus's move that allows for 1 fast attack before needing to be charged again. Maybe his specials could be small versions of VFX moves. Maybe a combination of both, where you need to charge up your VFX meter before you can do any specials. Then you have an option to use what one fits the situation (again, a much tonned down version from the actual game) Other then working out the VFX stuff, I think he'd make a good character in the roster. Very colourful, has a real unique moveset (variety of attacks), new popular franchise that has a very nostalgic feel to him (side scrolling & difficulty). I'd love seeing Joe in a new Smash Bros. He's probably the guy I'd like to see most, even though other characters may deserve it more for being part of video game history.

Megaman as well. He'd also be a fun character to play as. The only thing I'm kind of worried about is whether the game will turn into a MUGEN type thing. Full of characters you'd love to play as, but the balance is horrid.

gantrain05

Smash Master
omg, if you really really think about it, megaman WOULDNT EVEN BE AROUND if there was no nintendo, you know, back when megaman was first introduced on the freakin NES, what other companies were around besides nintendo? he basically is a nintendo character, and those games were ALWAYS popular, and they made about a million of em. what i dont understand is why anybody would complain about the possiblity of new characters? without new characters the next game will just be the same as the one before.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm not sure really, other then using a FS to incorporate them somehow. Maybe you could have some sort of charge attack like Lucario's or Samus's move that allows for 1 fast attack before needing to be charged again. Maybe his specials could be small versions of VFX moves. Maybe a combination of both, where you need to charge up your VFX meter before you can do any specials. Then you have an option to use what one fits the situation (again, a much tonned down version from the actual game) Other then working out the VFX stuff, I think he'd make a good character in the roster. Very colourful, has a real unique moveset (variety of attacks), new popular franchise that has a very nostalgic feel to him (side scrolling & difficulty). I'd love seeing Joe in a new Smash Bros. He's probably the guy I'd like to see most, even though other characters may deserve it more for being part of video game history.
I was thinking something along the same lines for Joe: perhaps one or a few of his specials could involve charging some sort of meter (that could even be displayed as he does it). Once the meter is full, when he uses the attack again, he could activate one of his VFX abilities in a small, visible radius around him that would affect the speed/power of his normal attacks. It wouldn't affect everyone on the screen, just the people inside his radius. I think that'd capture the feel of the combat in his game pretty well (I've actually only really played a demo, but it was fun).

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, unless it's a Zelda/Sheik style for Midna (Imp/Twili), then the only thing she'll need left is a stronger series representation from Zelda, in which that's going to be hard to do.
Actually, when you think about it, Midna left a strong impact in the timeline of events in the Zelda series of games, I mean, If you want, here's the Chronology as said by Wikipedia: beware, it is Long!

Chronology:

"The precise chronology of the Zelda universe is hotly debated among fans, although some fans do not feel the games are definitively connected. As the series progressed, and more games were released, the exact order of the games in an overall timeline became complex and heavily disputed.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is either a prequel or a sequel to the original NES games; this is debated because the back of the box states A Link to the Past comes before the original NES game. However, Shigeru Miyamoto has said on various occasions that the original Legend of Zelda comes before A Link to the Past. The Nintendo 64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was also a prequel, going even further back and showing the origins of many things from the previous games. The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time. The game explicitly references the "Hero of Time" from that game, and states that due to the hero's absence, it was necessary to flood Hyrule in order to stop Ganon. The Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures reference other titles and are known to be a part of the timeline, but through connections from Four Sword Adventures and A Link to the Past (such as the castles being exactly the same) it can be assumed that the Four Sword games come before A Link to the Past, leaving their exact relationships with the other games, or how much time has passed in Hyrule between each game, uncertain.

In an interview conducted by Nintendo Dream with Eiji Aonuma in December 2006, it was revealed that there are two parallel universes in the Zelda chronology. The timeline is split at the end of Ocarina of Time, when Link is sent back in time by Princess Zelda to live through his childhood, while the original events of Ocarina of Time continue on a different path. Once returned to his original time, Link goes to see Zelda again, and the result of this meeting is an alternate future in which the villain Ganondorf is arrested and tried by the ancient sages, who attempt to execute him, but are instead forced to banish him to the Twilight Realm. Twilight Princess then occurs over one hundred years later, after Link's role as a child in the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Meanwhile, The Wind Waker occurs in the "adult Link" timeline, hundreds of years after the Hero of Time i]saved Hyrule in Ocarina of Time, and it is directly followed by Phantom Hourglass.

So basically, it's kind of being said that Midna was going to exist AFTER the events of OoT, seeing as how that game changed the Zelda Universe, it would also explain the features that the sunken underwater Hyrule had in WW that resembled the ones in TP.
so basicaly, Midna sorta always was predicted, just not thought of, she was kind of a random thought, and that's how they keyed her into the storyline.

This was a very USELESS post, I know.
Pardonéz Moi.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I definatly want an animal crosser in the next one, he has a very promising moveset:

Neutral B: SLINGSHOT:Somewhat similar to links bow.

Side B: LEAF THROW: He/She throws a leaf and after a few seconds it turns into a peice of furniture, depending on the peice of furniture it can do more or less damage.

Up-B:BALLOON: A balloon appears and carries you up very quickly and then gintly goes up very slowly, however it can be popped.

Down B:pITFALL: If diddy can have an attack that throws a banana peel which is an item, why can't naother character, it has the same effectsd as a normal pitfall item, you can only do one at a time.

Final SMash: FIREWORKS: Tortimer appears and does a dialog quickly about how it's time to celebrate you getting the smash ball with some fireworks, then he lets off fireworks from behind him (kinda like if tons of cracker launcher fireworks went off at once.

What do you think of that, Id love to see that nmoveset.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
As long as Sakurai is in charge, I doubt he'd change his mind on the status of the Animal Crossing character (they're not meant to fight). Interesting specials, though.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh he's on my dream-team, but I agree that Megaman's the more likely candidate.

As for the VFX, it'd be a simple matter to use them as his Special Moves. Up B = Zoom In, Side B = Mach Speed, B = Slooow, Down B = Viewtiful Forever/Replay/Ukemi.

Unrelated note: as far as favorite games, I maintain that the best game of all time is Shadow of the Colossus.

Roihu said:
*ahemahem* *coughcough*

Seriously. Either one (though preferably both) of them deserves to get in. Castlevania's more linked with Nintendo more than any other company, having the vast majority of it's games on Ninty systems.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
*smacks SirKibble upside the head* Play it right now!
But I agree that Chrono [fixed] Trigger is possibly one of the best 1-P RPG games ever. created. Ever.

We need to get a new topic...

Hrm...

Any new third party characters coming in? Or has this topic been discussed/been flamed on/died before?
I is sorry. I will, um... Find a way to play it... But I has no PlayStation...

And yes, Chrono Trigger wins. Intricate storyline, awesome characters, unique battle system, double and triple techs for almost every combination of characters (darn Magus), and a bazillion options as far as where to take the game and how it ends. Yus, that thar's a winner. Add some more realistic graphics (granted, couldn't have happened at the time) and that game would have it all, as far as single-player goes.

Anyway, that rant aside, let's talk third parties. I'd like to see...

Capcom -- MegaMan (duh...)
Hudson -- Bomberman (love that guy, plus he's classic)
Square -- Crono (personal pick)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yet another crappy moveset, without a thought thrown into character viability for the 'fighters' (that term is used EXTREMELY loosely) listed.

Mario: Daisy, and Rosalina, seriously, Smash
needs more women fighters.
No, no, and especially no. I don't care if they're female, they'd be Peach clones. They would be excellent as alternate costumes for Peach, though.

Yoshi: Birdo.
No. Birdo is not important enough to the series, and isn't even a PART of the Yoshi series like so many people seem to believe. lrn2Mariobros2

LoZ: Tingle, Adult Midna.
Midna will only work if she's paired with Wolf Link. Tingle, no, not because I dislike him, but because he just would not be a good character to fight as.

Metroid: Ridley, Sylux, Noxus, Dark Samus.
I can't stress this enough -- NO HUNTERS. A minor role in ONE GAME does not entitle ANY OF THESE PEOPLE to be a rep in SSB. Not only that, but Five Metroid reps is overkill. Add Ridley, and MAYBE Dark Samus, and that's about it.

Kirby: Rick.
Who? We have the ones important to the series. Any more than that is just pointless.

Pikmin: Louie.
Olimar clone. Let's make him an alternate costume.

F-Zero: Jody Summer.
Yes! One million times yes.

Pokemon: Gardevoir(don't ask).
I don't have to ask, becuase I'm already saying no.

Sonic: Amy, Cream, Tails, Rouge, Knuckles(although if I had to pick, it would be Amy and Tails, seeing as how they're closer to Sonic than most people think).
LOLOLOLOL.

HAHAHAHA.

But serious, **** you.

New Characters: Micaiah, Lyn, Isaac, Animal Crosser, Tom Nook.
No AC characters can fight, and we will only get one more FE rep tops, and that person will probably replace Ike.

Retro Character: Balloon Fighter, Balloon Kids.
Balloon Fighter? Maybe. Balloon Kids? No.

Third-Party: Some Characters from ToS, like Lloyd, Colette, and Genis, maybe?.
Actually, Megaman, Simon Belmont, and Crono are the only possible remaining third parties for SSB representation.

This roster would be made of FAIL
Fix'd.

Smash Apprentice
Yet another crappy moveset, without a thought thrown into character viability for the 'fighters' (that term is used EXTREMELY loosely) listed.

No, no, and especially no. I don't care if they're female, they'd be Peach clones. They would be excellent as alternate costumes for Peach, though.
Well...not exactly, I mean, Rosalina has Lumas, and Lumas can turn into comets and planets, meteors and shooting stars, just apply that to Rosalina and you're set, as for Daisy, she would use her fists and physical abilities rather than her butt and flower power, unlike Peach, whom I see as a Japanese Phail at recreating Barbie, and yet, I still main her.

No. Birdo is not important enough to the series, and isn't even a PART of the Yoshi series like so many people seem to believe. lrn2Mariobros2
Actually, Birdo is somewhat into the story, we already have all the Mario All-Stars, so everyone else is second banana, so who else is a dino? Birdo.

Midna will only work if she's paired with Wolf Link. Tingle, no, not because I dislike him, but because he just would not be a good character to fight as.
Not true, everyone said that Zelda couldn't work if she wasn't with Sheik, and that is not true, I mean, Zelda has TRIFORCE magic to fight with, and what does Midna have? Twilight Portals, the freaky hair hand, and she could even transform like Zelda, from an imp to a Twili.
and she wouldn't have to rely solely on Magic, she could also tie in some hand/foot work.

I can't stress this enough -- NO HUNTERS. A minor role in ONE GAME does not entitle ANY OF THESE PEOPLE to be a rep in SSB. Not only that, but Five Metroid reps is overkill. Add Ridley, and MAYBE Dark Samus, and that's about it.
I didn't mean ALL of them, just some, and If I recall, when you beat Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, with 100% clear, Sylux is following Samus on his ship, the Delano 7.

Who? We have the ones important to the series. Any more than that is just pointless.
Rick, he was intorduced in early Kirby games as an ally. just a suggestion or opinion.

Olimar clone. Let's make him an alternate costume.
I meant as a team, but...

Yes! One million times yes.
Glad to Hear.

LOLOLOLOL.

HAHAHAHA.

But serious, **** you.
I'm not even going to answer this one.

No AC characters can fight, and we will only get one more FE rep tops, and that person will probably replace Ike.
No one thought that Zelda or Peach could fight before Melee came out, and why can't the Crosser fight?
and as for the FE characters, they need a girl, I mean, they always give us the overpowered macho men.

Balloon Fighter? Maybe. Balloon Kids? No.
Why not, they'd probably be an Alt. Costume for the Ice Climbers.

Actually, Megaman, Simon Belmont, and Crono are the only possible remaining third parties for SSB representation.
Not true, there are so many it's not even funny.

:D

Dumah

Smash Cadet
I was thinking something along the same lines for Joe: perhaps one or a few of his specials could involve charging some sort of meter (that could even be displayed as he does it). Once the meter is full, when he uses the attack again, he could activate one of his VFX abilities in a small, visible radius around him that would affect the speed/power of his normal attacks. It wouldn't affect everyone on the screen, just the people inside his radius. I think that'd capture the feel of the combat in his game pretty well (I've actually only really played a demo, but it was fun).
Ya that's a great idea. He would probably be the most unique player on the roster with that kind of moveset. He be my new main for sure lol.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Why on earth is Jody Summer so great? What's so gamebreaking about her(or any F-Zero character for that matter)? The 'out of the ***' moveset worked for CF, now you want another? Seriously, what the heck?

In response to SkylerOcon and Heartless Prince of Light.

Smash Apprentice
Why on earth is Jody Summer so great? What's so gamebreaking about her(or any F-Zero character for that matter)? The 'out of the ***' moveset worked for CF, now you want another? Seriously, what the heck?

In response to SkylerOcon and Heartless Prince of Light.
Actually, I meant more of an AT and not a playable character, I just didn't make it clear.

Everyone else to me seems like gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom