• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I don't expect Waluigi in SSB4. SSB5 perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised if Waluigi nailed an SSB4 spot, though- and I certainly hope people realize he has a realistic chance to be there.
I feel he has a realistic chance in the future... but not this one. Not with characters like Toad and Bowser Jr., as I've said before. And there is no way we're going to see three new Mario characters.

Toad could easily be bypassed(as he is in the actual Mario series nowadays), though I do see Jr. getting in. Jr, in my opinion, is the most likely addition to the Mario faction in SSB4.
I'd say they both have an equal chance. They each have their pros and cons, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either in SSB4.

As said above: "Primarily placed in to represent the Tellius arc in Fire Emblem (FE9/FE10). FE9/FE10 were among the poorest selling games in the series in Japan"
This is no reason to cut a character unless there is a newer and more popular character from the series, which, in Ike's case, there is not. The fact is that Ike is both familiar to all Smash fans and favored by many Smash fans, so now that he is actually in the series, things like his games not being very popular don't really matter anymore.

majora_787

Smash Hero
But seriously, I'm sure if you asked the developers, they'd rather do the same roster a second time with six new characters than do half the roster and have to make 10 newcomers 100% from scratch. I don't claim to know the specifics of programming, but I understand that it's more time consuming to make an idea than it is to re-make one.

On Fire Emblem; so we should digress backwards to less relevant Fire Emblem lords, just because you don't like Ike and PoR isn't a bestseller?

And honestly, I don't know why people still act like Sakurai is going to be the main head of SSB4. He didn't want to make Brawl, and he probably doesn't even want to think about SSB4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is no reason to cut a character unless there is a newer and more popular character from the series, which, in Ike's case, there is not. The fact is that Ike is both familiar to all Smash fans and favored by many Smash fans, so now that he is actually in the series, things like his games not being very popular don't really matter anymore.
Mewtwo and Roy laugh at this, and then cry a little.

RWB

Smash Ace
Assuming a new remake is in the works, we may get Sigurd, the most popular FE Lord of all.

Since many doubt FE2 gets a remake, FE4 is up and it is IMMENSELY popular.

If no games are produced, I see Ike coming back. But if FE4 is in the remake stage by the time SSB4 is in creation, Sigurd is sending him packing.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
in my actual life, i am studying the video game industry. the art first though...i believe that i would excel in the industry to head my own company. maybe i could develop Super Smash Brothers 5 if i make friends with Nintendo and actually learn their language.
(
truth be told though, my networking skills are terrible. it will be hell even attempting to get my first job in the industry even if my portfolio is magnificent, i can't sell myself.
)

also, @SaucyPizza
i like dragonball z, me and the rest of the SSB4 mainstays all have great respect for the series as a whole not to compromise its integrity with animu and mango.
and as for 4Chan... i do not make any comments at all on 4Chan... i simply speculate and observe any and all erratic behavior that may become a meme... like My Little Pony... i saw how it evolved on 4chan without intervening, i found enjoyment in the feud...
i should stop now... i ran out of bread crumbs to feed you
my little troll

about the saucy thing... i just find it a little entertaining, its also in homage to ToiseOfChoice who does this too!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, every time we discuss Pokemon in this thread, I cry a little on the inside. It's like the lowest point in the thread when the topic comes up.

And holy crap at the activity in this thread. The announcement of Cafe must be skyrocketing this thread.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
But seriously, I'm sure if you asked the developers, they'd rather do the same roster a second time with six new characters than do half the roster and have to make 10 newcomers 100% from scratch. I don't claim to know the specifics of programming, but I understand that it's more time consuming to make an idea than it is to re-make one.
TBH, what matters is what the one(s) in charge wants. Nintendo has high standards for their triple A titles and the developers have to go by what they were told.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, because like I said, they series they belong to introduced new more popular characters to the series, unlike Ike's case, where no one is really beating him out for the spot right now.
Yes right now Ike is certainly safe (since no new lord has been introduced since Brawl was released). Lucario is definitely a goner though. Just wait until Pokemon like Genesect and Meloetta are finally formally introduced.

Personally, I think Zoroark is not likely for the "Black/White" spot. By the time development for Smash 4 begins, his movie will have been old news. I think Victini, Meloetta, or Genesect are more likely to be selected.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I swear, every time we discuss Pokemon in this thread, I cry a little on the inside. It's like the lowest point in the thread when the topic comes up.

And holy crap at the activity in this thread. The announcement of Cafe must be skyrocketing this thread.
No, the lowest point comes when people show up and say things like:

Geno is a likely mario character.
Goku is a likely 3rd party.
Goku is a possible addition to the roster.
Ike is going to get cut for a series relic as opposed to a modern replacement.

But yeah, it gets pretty bass ackwards, doesn't it? =P

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

I've been trying to avoid the intense, in-depth Pokemon discussion. It has been going on for too long now.

And yes, that was my thought. The amount of activity that has surfaced in the past few hours is overwhelming me already... if this continues, it might be time to retreat into a social group or something.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Assuming a new remake is in the works, we may get Sigurd, the most popular FE Lord of all.

Since many doubt FE2 gets a remake, FE4 is up and it is IMMENSELY popular.

If no games are produced, I see Ike coming back. But if FE4 is in the remake stage by the time SSB4 is in creation, Sigurd is sending him packing.
Sigurd is definitely not the most popular lord in the series. The most popular lord in Japan is actually Marth, and the most popular game in the series (in Japan) is Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo (FE3). Heck, Sigurd got less votes than his son (Celice) in Sakurai's Melee character poll.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Who wants to raise their hands and guess what'll happen here as soon as SSB4 gets announced? My guess is that it'll rip apart at every seam possible before a mod can get here and close the thread. xD

RWB

Smash Ace
Yes right now Ike is certainly safe (since no new lord has been introduced since Brawl was released). Lucario is definitely a goner though. Just wait until Pokemon like Genesect and Meloetta are finally formally introduced.
There are rumors of a Fire Emblem coming out for the Café. From Neogaf(which is usually rather reliable).

I don't think Ike is all that safe anymore if this rumor is true.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

i lold at the first statement... and no... there are just guys who just popped in and majora and Spydr are doing their comments thang.

when SSB4 gets announced... i will back off of the discussion thread as it will be pointless... how ironic how the discussion thread truly is pointless beyond unleashing my excess steam.

majora_787

Smash Hero
There are rumors of a Fire Emblem coming out for the Café. From Neogaf(which is usually rather reliable).

There's a rumor of EVERYTHING coming out for the cafe. x_x Rumors don't hold water here, especially when talking about the rumor cutting a character.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Who wants to raise their hands and guess what'll happen here as soon as SSB4 gets announced? My guess is that it'll rip apart at every seam possible before a mod can get here and close the thread. xD
Trust me, once any official news of Super Smash Bros. 4 is announed, then starting with this place...

...the internetz...

...will...

ASPLODE!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

That rumor is not from Neogaf, but rather posted on Neogaf. The list itself actually originated from some idiot's blog. If I started a blog and posted an entry about having "inside information" and it got posted by some user on neogaf in a thread with over 5,000 posts, would that make it credible? No.

Well, the good thing is that fortunately most of the inane and foolish rumors will be disproven in less than three weeks time. Hopefully when Smash 4 is not announced at E3 this year, we will at least have a few more months of quiet in this thread.

majora_787

Smash Hero
But ChronoBound! Come on! Explosions of the internet aside, the post-announcement, pre-details point is one of the more fun parts of a new smash game. =P Of course, mid-details is the second-most fun.

BUT I don't want to be spoiled this time. xD UNLESS.

Everyone write this down, IF Ridley is ever confirmed for SSB4 as a starter character, then someone PM me. xD If he's unlockable, idwk. Just saying.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
But ChronoBound! Come on! Explosions of the internet aside, the post-announcement, pre-details point is one of the more fun parts of a new smash game. =P Of course, mid-details is the second-most fun.

BUT I don't want to be spoiled this time. xD UNLESS.

Everyone write this down, IF Ridley is ever confirmed for SSB4 as a starter character, then someone PM me. xD If he's unlockable, idwk. Just saying.
Oh man, I'm feeling so nostalgic right now about the pre-brawl days... those were great, if anyone else remembers. The internet was ablaze with rumors and speculation, and there were countless character debates and new revealed content discussions... I miss those days. As much as I loved all that, though, I'm still trying hard to not get my hopes up. Although I feel like once the week of E3 arrives, I won't succeed in not keeping my hopes up anymore.

And whenever SSB4 DOES end up getting announced, I'm staying the hell away from places like this if anything like the DOJO!! should make another appearance.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
But ChronoBound! Come on! Explosions of the internet aside, the post-announcement, pre-details point is one of the more fun parts of a new smash game. =P
Eh. I have been around that since Melee was announced, and I am actually growing fatigued with it. I have said a few months ago that Smash 4 will probably be the last Smash game that I will even be purchasing or even following. Even if Smash 4 disappoints and adds none of the characters that I want to see in, I probably still won't anticipate Smash 5. I am just losing my interest in video games in general.

However, I guess I look forward to having one last "fight".

I will say this. There were far more idiotic posts with Brawl speculation than there were with Melee speculation. I would not be surprised if most of the Smash 4 speculation (when its announced) makes most of the Brawl speculation look articulate.

On a side note. If Smash 4 is unveiled in the coming weeks (which likely won't happen), which four newcomers would you say are the most likely be used for Smash 4's debut?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
On a side note. If Smash 4 is unveiled in the coming weeks (which likely won't happen), which four newcomers would you say are the most likely be used for Smash 4's debut?
I'd say characters that come from un-represented series are the most likely, just to draw more people's attention and "expand the audience". So characters like Isaac, Ray Mk III, and Little Mac are likely (although the likeliness of these characters can be debated, that is kind of besides the point). I don't know about a fourth though...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'd say characters that come from un-represented series are the most likely, just to draw more people's attention and "expand the audience". So characters like Isaac, Ray Mk III, and Little Mac are likely (although the likeliness of these characters can be debated, that is kind of besides the point). I don't know about a fourth though...
There may or may not be a pattern with Smash Bros. unveils with newcomers, but here is what I noticed.

The Big Bad (and most worthy): basically a villain type character whom everyone wanted in the previous game, and was the most requested characters prior to announcement.

The Girl: A female newcomer.

Retro Revival: A retro character is brought back.

Popular side character: Basically a character whom is neither the protagonist or antagonist (but is very popular) is added.

Here is what filled those categories so far:

The Big, Bad (and most worthy): Bowser, Wario
The Girl: Peach, Zero Suit Samus
Retro Revival: Ice Climbers, Pit
Popular Side Character: Sheik, Meta Knight

I can easily see Smash 4's "unveil" breaking away from this, but it would be nice if there was indeed a "pattern" because it would at least help us to better guess who will be the first four newcomers added to Smash 4.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I started Smash Bros. when 64 came out. I saw Melee after it was revealed, but I wasn't active in message boards until after Melee was out. I WAS around for the 'Tails and Sonic' rumor. But... yeah. Some stuff got pretty bad in Brawl spec, and it gets pretty bad now. xD

And yeah, I'll hit the Brawl Vault, stay away from here, and avoid the website. There's been a Smash Bros. official site for the last two games, so there probably will be another one...

Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena, Li'l Mac. That's my guesstimate. And I only guess Palutena as a character to celebrate the revival of the Kid Icarus series.

EDIT: Ridley the BB&W, Palutena the girl, Li'l Mac the retro, and Dixie the popular side in that case. =P

OR, you could switch Ridley out and he could be an unlockable baddy, have K. Rool be the BB&W, and I dunno about the side at tha tpoint. Maybe Toad. Maybe. Juuust maybe.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm gonna take a guess on this one based on what they did the last two times.

Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Krystal, Roy

To explain, the last four first party characters with Melee and Brawl have had a villain/ant-hero, a retro character (though this doesn't really apply to Mac anymore), a girl, and then a wildcard (Zelda, Wario).

And quite frankly, I hope they do like Melee and keep those as the four newcomers added to the default roster. With regards to the other suggested characters, ones like Palutena, Ridley, and K. Rool are more surprsing/YAY! picks so it seems like they'd be better off as unlockables.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm gonna take a guess on this one based on what they did the last two times.

Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Krystal, Roy

To explain, the last four first party characters with Melee and Brawl have had a villain/ant-hero, a retro character (though this doesn't really apply to Mac anymore), a girl, and then a wildcard (Zelda, Wario).

And quite frankly, I hope they do like Melee and keep those as the four newcomers added to the default roster. With regards to the other suggested characters, ones like Palutena, Ridley, and K. Rool are more surprsing/YAY! picks so it seems like they'd be better off as unlockables.
I'd honestly be surprised if they started a character like Ridley off as a default. I think a character of his nature deserves to have an unlock method like Wolf's 'beat Boss Battles with Fox and Falco on normal or higher'. Or was it Hard? idr. But still.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
4 most likely... Issac, Little Mac........................................................... Saki?.... and i actually think Andy from Advance Wars would make it in.... buut, that doesn't mean i think he's likely... sooo... that's all i got... i cannot vouch for Krystal... as much as i want krystal and Ridley... i cannot vouch for them...
after e3 2010 ended, i made a character selection screen using my trusty pencil. i listed DLC characters of who i would have wanted make the roster. i just made a dlc button because i was greedy. this is that list.
Mii, Young Link, Toon Link, Captain Syrup, Sylux, Kumatora, Samurai Goroh, Lip, King K. Rool, Prince Fluff (oh gawd, can't believe this was even listed), Black Shadow, Fawful, and Ridley.

the ones who actually made the cut in this roster were (mind you i was 19 years old... i am 20 now... much more refined from v19.3 model: GUST0.
Mario/ Dr. Mario, Luigi, Peach/Daisy, Bowser// Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Samus<>Zamus, Captain Falcon, Captain Olimar, Saki Amamiya, Link// Midna with Wolf link, Zelda<>Sheik, Ganondorf, Vaati, Little Mac, Kanan, Pit, Palutena// Medusa, Pikachu, Mewtwo// Lucario// Zoroark, Jigglypuff, Custom Trainer, Fox// Falco// Wolf, Krystal, Lucas// Ness, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe, Andy, Marth// Roy, Ike, a new fire emblem lord, Isaac/Felix/Matthew, Mr. Game and Watch, Megaman, ROB.
with a DLC button between the selection screen and players 2 and 3 and a random button below every player screen.

don't pay this any mind though, i am past it... i will make a new one in july some time after Anime Expo.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
The goku thing wasn't serious I was just saying it would be cool but I already know that wouldn't happen obviously

1. A clone of charizard? Ridley hasn't shared a frame with Charizard since Metroid. Every game since, he's gotten closer to Captain Falcon than Charizard in terms of frame. Okay, so they both spit fire, and they both have wings, and they both have a tail. That's... Well, that is not a clone make, at all. If you'd seen the official art of Metroid Other M I posted earlier, you'd see what I mean.

Yeah I see what you mean, I just don't see why a dragon is so popular I guess I gotta play metroid.

2. Why did we add Marth, Roy, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Wario, Ike, Toon Link, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Zamus, or Lucas? We already had three humans in Smash 64.

True, but then again Samus and C'falcon are bounty hunters. And notice how both never had one more character? Im just saying will they really make an extra character for Samus. Though I could just be sounding stupid cuz idk anything about metroid series or ridley for that matter.

3. No. No, she isn't, because Metroid is a successful and popular major series that only has one character even though there are other popular characters they could add.

Well wouldn't you think they would of add Ridley before if he was in all 3 games? Maybe they just like him as a boss. Maybe they don't want to shrink his size. Not trying to give false hope but it's something to think about.

4. You do understand that by giving Goku any reasonable possibility in a smash game, you're removing a lot MORE validity from anything you say, right? No offense intended? But it's one of those rules of "Smash Newcomers"... They have to originate from a video game.
Yeah I know, I was just trying to say that would be cool. Not suggesting him as a character cuz hell I know that wouldn't happen. I just cross my fingers for Mewtwo but hell that might not happen either. Even when there are so much more and better reasons then most pokemon.

:phone:

Smash Addict

Smash Cadet
I dunno if you know this, but Kirby only copies one move.

Zoroark, assuming he uses the 'start as ___' deal, would probably turn into Player 2 and be able to use their entire moveset before dying or taking enough damage.

Issac... Maybe?

Waluigi... I'm doubting it. I really am. But you never know.

King K. Rool... With any justice.

New Pokemon (take your pick) ... That is obscenely vague.

And Ridley, because you accidentally forgot him. :p

And need I seriously repeat the first rule of a Smash Bros. newcomer? r_r They have to ORIGINATE in a video game.

Actually, on the subject of Sands of Destruction... They have a pretty low chance of getting a rep in, especially since... Well, Sega already has Sonic, and even if they got another, they would probably go with something that's a series and less of a one-title-wonder RPG.

But I would be very entertained seeing a playable character from Sands of Destruction in smash. xD Or an assist trophy. Or something.
I really have to disagree about Ridley. I just don't see it happening. Also, I was vague on the pokemon because while I'm sure there will be new one's, I'm not into pokemon so I have no idea on which would even be good candidates.

As for the "rule" of smash bros. characters coming from video games, I've never heard that. Is there a quote from one of the developers regarding this? If not, then it seems like speculation on your part. Speculation based on one game, as Brawl has been the only game in the series to feature any 3rd party characters.

-polite

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Lucario is the most likely I would say, but I would put either Toon Link or Ike as the second-most likely character to be cut.

Overall, here are the characters I think have a probability of being cut and the brief reasoning for each of them:

Lucario:
Primarily placed in to represent Diamond/Pearl, his time in the spotlight is now gone, and most of his popularity with it. Will likely be replaced with a new "flavor of the month" Pokemon in Smash 4.

Ike:
Primarily placed in to represent the Tellius arc in Fire Emblem (FE9/FE10). FE9/FE10 were among the poorest selling games in the series in Japan. The Tellius arc will likely not be revisited for this reason. If cut, Ike will likely be replaced with the most recent Fire Emblem lord at the time of development.

Toon Link:
Primarily placed in because he was the "newer" Young Link and was still receiving games at the time of Brawl's development. Since Toon Link will be going into "retirement" according to Auonoma, and Young Link's games are being remade, its quite possible Toon Link will be swapped for Young Link, or an entirely new Zelda character will be placed in.

Wolf:
Krystal's fans are whining that she deserves a spot. However, Star Fox certainly does not deserve four slots. There is a good chance that if Krystal does get in, it will involve Wolf getting axed.

Snake:
Primarily placed in due to a personal friendship between Sakurai and Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima. If Sakurai does not return to direct, there is a good chance that Snake will be axed seeing as his inclusion was basically a personal favor. Also, we do not know Sakurai's or the Smash Bros. series' policy regarding "guests". In most fighting series, "guests" are dropped in the next game and usually never return.

Sonic:
See the latter explanation for Snake. We do not know Sakurai's or the Smash Bros. series' policy regarding "guests". In most fighting series, "guests" are dropped in the next game and usually never return.

Squirtle:
Pokemon Trainer may be dropped since so many characters are needed to be programmed for his slot. Also, there is the possibility that Game Freak, whom has a heavy hand in determining Pokemon content for Smash Bros, will want for the Pokemon Trainer to have Pokemon from another generation, thereby axing PT's current Pokemon.

Ivysaur:
Pokemon Trainer may be dropped since so many characters are needed to be programmed for his slot. Also, there is the possibility that Game Freak, whom has a heavy hand in determining Pokemon content for Smash Bros, will want for the Pokemon Trainer to have Pokemon from another generation, thereby axing PT's current Pokemon.

Charizard:

Lucas:
A luigified-clone that is less popular than the original. The Mother series is finished, and two of its three games are Japan-only. Sakurai may opt to cut Lucas if space for the next Smash Bros. is limited considering that Lucas represents a dead series that is mostly Japan-only and the character itself is among the least popular newcomers introduced in Brawl.

ROB:
The reaction to ROB was about the same as it was to Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link in Melee. ROB also the only character series not represented with a stage. ROB might have been placed in Brawl as plot device for the SSE. ROB is less likely to be cut than the other characters mentioned thus far, however, keep in mind that ROB was among the few Mario Kart racer veterans not to have been playable in Mario Kart Wii.

Note this list is not about characters that are "likely" to be cut, but rather characters whom are plausible to be put on the "chopping block". The Brawl newcomers whom have almost no chance of facing the chopping block are Wario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Olimar.
It has some character newly arrived he did not mention? you are very pessimistic, look:
Lucario and Toon Link are the ones who are more likely to leave, Lucario lost its popularity (something that never happened with Pokemon Trainer Red, nor does the pikachu, this red in all pokemon games in the series, and always with your team of a generation, and say that it will not appear with his typical team is the same as saying that Ash is donating his Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard), as toon link has almost no chance of continuing in the series, young link maybe vaati will take its place. Wolf is very popular, and most often cited is the villain of the series (after Andross) which has gameplay, and Starfox deserves fourth slot, this series is in its first title since ssb. Remove Diddy will be the same as removing Luigi, Pit would remove the same as removing Kirby (the same for Dedede and Meta Knight). Sonic and Snake are being invited by some chance, ssb is not any fighting game where the guests never come back, he is too adventurous (or you forgot to SSE?) porerão they play a great role in the next Adventure mode, ROB as he did (I know that this argument can be invalidated, but not bad dream right?).Ike, Lucas, Olimar, ZSS and Wario will never leave.

RWB

Smash Ace
It has some character newly arrived he did not mention? you are very pessimistic, look:

Lucario and Toon Link are the ones who are more likely to leave,
Agreed. Espescially now that Link is taking on a less realistic style, leaving the spot open for OoT-remake Young Link.

as toon link has almost no chance of continuing in the series, young link maybe vaati will take its place.
Vaati is a good choice, but I dunno if he is likely, the 4 swords series seems to have run their course.

Remove Diddy will be the same as removing Luigi,
No. Not by a mile. Luigi is so much bigger than Diddy it's not even funny.

Pit would remove the same as removing Kirby (the same for Dedede and Meta Knight).
A character with a few games versus a well-established longrunner who also happen to be the game maker's own creation?

No, just no.

Ike, Lucas, Olimar, ZSS and Wario will never leave.
Lucas is definitely not safe(sadly), and Ike is only safe as long as no new FE games are announced.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lots of new blood on the boards ehh? I hope we get some intellegent people as well as the usual fanboys.

For my four characters, I would guess:

A New Non-Fifth Gen Pokemon/PT - I say this because of Brawl. Pokemon Trainer was playable from the begining, and since we can only assume the roster will be at least six characters larger, I would expect to see a second Pokemon starter.

Mii - With the 3DS being rumored to have connectability to Project Cafe, you could make the connection that the "Mii's will be connectable between the the two. They have only got more games/Channels since SSB.

Bubbles - If I have to pick a retro, I choose her. The retro seem to be random most of the time.

Little Mac - They would probably pick the "Most Anticipated/Likely" newcomer to be added to the begining roster. Then hiding others like Isaac or someone more unexpected and keep them for a hidden character.

Do you think that the past third parties will be as easy to obtain as Snake was in Brawl?

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
You're basing this entirely off of conjecture. NOTHING explicitly supports the "more recent, should be in" argument.
Isnt this topic itself based off conjecture? Most of what is discussed here is just a conjecture. None can say who will actually be in and who wont its just a matter of opinion. I base my theory off of a pattern seen between the smash series. While not official it is considerable imo.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@everyone who may or may not be concerned

there is no algorithm for things that happen between games. everything is mere coincidence and it is "up to fans" to make shiit up. ...
anyways, any pattern you find cannot be true no matter how you look at it unless it has been specifically stated by the creator.
DON'T READ THIS ===>>(
ie: creator says: "X title" has so and so. we want to follow a specific pattern in sequels that feature this and that. from now on, look forward to this piece of set to gradually increase in 10s. it will always be this way in sub sequential future titles"
)<<=== I WANT YOU TO READ THIS.

LOL.
dug this up from like 8 pages ago. for you emperor pattern.
i really should emphasize the up to fans part... anyways, while reading it... or re reading it, make sure you make it sound sarcastic or rather mock-ish.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Lucario is the most likely I would say, but I would put either Toon Link or Ike as the second-most likely character to be cut.

Overall, here are the characters I think have a probability of being cut and the brief reasoning for each of them:

Lucario:
Primarily placed in to represent Diamond/Pearl, his time in the spotlight is now gone, and most of his popularity with it. Will likely be replaced with a new "flavor of the month" Pokemon in Smash 4.

Ike:
Primarily placed in to represent the Tellius arc in Fire Emblem (FE9/FE10). FE9/FE10 were among the poorest selling games in the series in Japan. The Tellius arc will likely not be revisited for this reason. If cut, Ike will likely be replaced with the most recent Fire Emblem lord at the time of development.

Toon Link:
Primarily placed in because he was the "newer" Young Link and was still receiving games at the time of Brawl's development. Since Toon Link will be going into "retirement" according to Auonoma, and Young Link's games are being remade, its quite possible Toon Link will be swapped for Young Link, or an entirely new Zelda character will be placed in.

Wolf:
Krystal's fans are whining that she deserves a spot. However, Star Fox certainly does not deserve four slots. There is a good chance that if Krystal does get in, it will involve Wolf getting axed.

Snake:
Primarily placed in due to a personal friendship between Sakurai and Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima. If Sakurai does not return to direct, there is a good chance that Snake will be axed seeing as his inclusion was basically a personal favor. Also, we do not know Sakurai's or the Smash Bros. series' policy regarding "guests". In most fighting series, "guests" are dropped in the next game and usually never return.

Sonic:
See the latter explanation for Snake. We do not know Sakurai's or the Smash Bros. series' policy regarding "guests". In most fighting series, "guests" are dropped in the next game and usually never return.

Squirtle:

Ivysaur:

Charizard:

Lucas:
A luigified-clone that is less popular than the original. The Mother series is finished, and two of its three games are Japan-only. Sakurai may opt to cut Lucas if space for the next Smash Bros. is limited considering that Lucas represents a dead series that is mostly Japan-only and the character itself is among the least popular newcomers introduced in Brawl.

ROB:
The reaction to ROB was about the same as it was to Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link in Melee. ROB also the only character series not represented with a stage. ROB might have been placed in Brawl as plot device for the SSE. ROB is less likely to be cut than the other characters mentioned thus far, however, keep in mind that ROB was among the few Mario Kart racer veterans not to have been playable in Mario Kart Wii.

Note this list is not about characters that are "likely" to be cut, but rather characters whom are plausible to be put on the "chopping block". The Brawl newcomers whom have almost no chance of facing the chopping block are Wario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Olimar.

Lucario; well, he has a VERY Slight chance of retuning, namely due to him having a unique movestlye(his powe increases when hurt). but it's still like a glacier in Hell, overall.

Ike: either that or they replace him with Miciah, so they could have a new playstyle.

I don't really see any young incarnation of Link in the next game. it will probably be just Link by himself, sans mini clone this time. new Zelda charter slot for sure.

Wolf: pretty much agree here. if Falco is fox's Luigi, then Wolf is the Dr. Mario.

Snake. this pretty much depends on how they handle 3rd parties-whether they keep them or not is based on that. (this ai'n soul calibur, you know). at worst, they would just probably swap him for someone from castlevania.

sonic: same as above.

Lucas: in all honesty, i think Lucas has a BETTER chance of coming back then Ness. there has been not one but TWO cases of him nearly replacing the guy, and he took his slot as a default character in Brawl to boot. a lot of people say that he is safe since he's from the original, but Jigglypuff barely making it in Brawl proves otherwise. so yeah, this guy is actualy the safest of the bunch on this list.

ROB:if he was put in because of MK DS and not Gyromite, then he does actually have the Mario kart stage in his favor. i do agree he has a low chance of getting dropped.

PT: the pokes are debateable, but the Trainer himself is actually safe.

the only safe caharacters in the next game, going by the events and tradition, are:

the original 8(mario,link,Kirby,Samus,Fox,Pikachu,Yoshi, Donkey Kong)
the new 8(Diddy Kong, Pit, ZSS, Meta Knight, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer,Wario,Olimar)
-captain falcon
-Luigi
-(maybe) Falco
everyone else is suspect.

Smash Addict

Smash Cadet
Just curious if anyone else thinks that Zant would be a good villain to add to the SB roster? I feel like he could add something different to the rogues gallery besides slow and powerful as all the other villains seem to be.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Just curious if anyone else thinks that Zant would be a good villain to add to the SB roster? I feel like he could add something different to the rogues gallery besides slow and powerful as all the other villains seem to be.

I'm leaning twards majora myself, since that's the only major Zelda console villian that was never Manipulated by ganon(like zant and Vaati were.)

new topic: what if the secret game made by retro studios is another Smash bros.?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@vaati (i will not call you my lord)
i like everything you said sans lucario, ike, and wolf;
if fox=mario and falco=luigi, then wolf must equal Dr. Mario? whoa, dr. mario's moves were carbon copies of mario but with differing speed and texture and sound. wolf's physicals are mostly different, right? hes got those claws...

ooo, retro smash bros 4, i would love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom