• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
@ ChronoBound: I doubt Sakurai will want any part in SSB4. He didn't even want a part in Brawl.

@ Sonic Poke: Krystal DID pilot. In two of the games she's been in. Out of three games she's been in.

@ EmperorB: Failing in terms of sails, power, or technological advancement? Because the Wii is only 'failing' in one of those three departments.

And just saying, Ridley could do a few things that have been done before, but in unique combination and unique style. He'd also probably be the defining 'sweeper' (bad pun).

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
one thing i cannot see Ridley doing is that tail grinding thing... usually in fan Ridley move sets, this move is the choice for down b...

the reason why i wouldn't want this to be down b is because, well, what are you, invincible? immune to knockback but can still be damaged? if Ridley is scaled down and is prone to all of the fallacies of the other combatants and isn't immune to knockback anymore the way Master Hand is, then he will have this relatively slow, gliding-above-the-ground, buffer damaging only move where he is easy to knock off the stage because the enemy dodged it easily.
the location of the tail with the current location of Ridley is my problem too. the damage box is too close to his body considering Ridley has been scaled down.

on that tail... did anyone notice that the opening sequence in melee has ridley with practically no tail? i would have to say that if he gets in, for him to have melee opening size wings and no tail.

because the problem isn't just the wingspan, it is also his tail. it is his wings as well as his tail for more reasons that i have given.
and on that note... ridley will not make an appearance in Super Smash Brothers 4 or possibly any smash to come.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Because he has a couple of minor issues that could easily be tweaked? =\ Uh huh. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. /dripping sarcasm

I mean, seriously. If they can't work the tail, they could just not use a tail. There have been two Ridleys, maybe 3, where he didn't use his tail. He can survive without the tail grind. It's not like that makes or breaks him. r_r

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Guys, I just had a thought... haven't you noticed how Pokemon usually gets two newcomers per Smash? Not counting SSB because there was only 1 gen at the time, we always get at least one newcomer who is from the 1st gen and one newcomer who is from the latest gen at the time in each Smash game.

SSB - Pikachu (Red/Blue), Jigglypuff (Red/Blue)
SSBM - Mewtwo (Red/Blue), Pichu (Gold/Silver)
SSBB - Pokemon Trainer (Red/Blue), Lucario (Diamond/Pearl)

If this trend continues into SSB4, it is possible we might get a 1st gen newcomer and a 5th gen newcomer. Mewtwo cannot really be classified as a newcomer since he was already playable in Melee but he could still return. So, could it be possible that Meowth could be the 1st gen newcomer to come along with the 5th gen newcomer (either Zoroark or Victini or 5th gen starters)?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys, I just had a thought... haven't you noticed how Pokemon usually gets two newcomers per Smash? Not counting SSB because there was only 1 gen at the time, we always get at least one newcomer who is from the 1st gen and one newcomer who is from the latest gen at the time in each Smash game.

If this trend continues into SSB4, it is possible we might get a 1st gen newcomer and a 5th gen newcomer. Mewtwo cannot really be classified as a newcomer since he was already playable in Melee but he could still return. So, could it be possible that Meowth could be the 1st gen newcomer to come along with the 5th gen newcomer (either Zoroark or Victini or 5th gen starters)?
Honestly, that might actually happen. ._. I dunno, but I think when SSB4 comes around, we'll have gotten a pattern down if there is one.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You're basing this entirely off of conjecture. NOTHING explicitly supports the "more recent, should be in" argument.
Well, it is kinda hard to ignore...

- Pichu in Melee (Gold/Silver)
- Lucario in Brawl (Diamond/Pearl)

- Roy in Melee (Fire Emblem 6)
- Ike in Brawl (Fire Emblem 9)

- Young Link in Melee (Ocarina of Time)
- Toon Link in Brawl (The Wind Waker)

- Lucas planned to be in Melee (Mother 3 was cancelled)
- Lucas gets in Brawl (Mother 3 came out)

- Samus Unmasked trophy in Melee (Super Metroid)
- Zero Suit Samus playable in Brawl (Metroid: Zero Mission)

- Olimar trophy with three colors of Pikmin in Melee (Pikmin)
- Olimar playable with five colors of Pikmin in Brawl (Pikmin 2)

- Mario gets F.L.U.D.D. in Brawl (Super Mario Sunshine)

- Zelda characters in Ocarina of Time style in Melee
- Zelda characters in Twilight Princess style in Brawl

- Peach wears "NES/SNES/N64 era" dress in Melee
- Peach wears "GCN/Wii/modern era" dress in Brawl

- R.O.B. playable in Brawl (Mario Kart DS)

- Red wearing the remake clothes in Brawl (FireRed/LeafGreen)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@majora

really? make or break him? correct me if I'm wrong but aren't I the only one who has placed the tail grind situation to you? everyone else mentions the wings and size... everything as a whole is the matter of the problem. there is nothing about ridley that could potentially make or break him... everything needs to be tweaked just so you may play as this dragon.

@everyone who may or may not be concerned

there is no algorithm for things that happen between games. everything is mere coincidence and it is "up to fans" to make ***** up. like the zelda timeline, we just make ***** up along with the split timeline... it was never confirmed and yet we have two major theories just to link titles together... some actually believe it is true.

anyways, any pattern you find cannot be true no matter how you look at it unless it has been specifically stated by the creator.
DON'T READ THIS ===>>(
ie: creator says: "X title" has so and so. we want to follow a specific pattern in sequels that feature this and that. from now on, look forward to this piece of set to gradually increase in 10s. it will always be this way in sub sequential future titles"
)<<=== I WANT YOU TO READ THIS.

LOL.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Everything? Worst case scenario, they remove his tail and he can't tail grind. Best case scenario, they've just rescaled him. I honestly don't care either way, considering the version I hope for most is Meta Ridley, who only has one tail attack, and mostly has claw, bite, laser, missile, and foot attacks. And tackles. And whatnot.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The split timeline was not only confirmed, but introduced by Eiji Aonuma. He's talked about it at least twice. I just looked this up yesterday.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
can you prove this and verify your source as trustworthy?

regardless, whether or not it is confirmed, i could easily just use another ref where the fans use speculation to make up things.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FozOuwQjI

just some food for thought... i cannot vouch whether or not this video's claims are legit as he states he received this letter from Nintendo. (to me it is hard to imagine nintendo would write to him but the guy does state it sounds like something of a copy paste pack of words.) give it a watch and report back to me your thoughts shorty...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
can you prove this and verify your source as trustworthy?

regardless, whether or not it is confirmed, i could easily just use another ref where the fans use speculation to make up things.
I originally read it on Zeldapedia, but I tracked this puppy down for you. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/25441222/aonuma-confirmed-zelda-is-split-timeline

Shows the Japanese and Translation. Fans make up things all the time, which get passed down as truth. My example is, I used to say how 80% of Brawl's time was SSE, eventually I began to question this. Both me and Kuma have looked it up to no avail. Things get made up all the time.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

I had this thought too, but then I reminded myself that it is a bit too early to start finding trends. As much as I enjoy organization and order and finding trends and patterns, I have to admit to myself that there have only been two Smash sequels so far, so it is really difficult to tell if any REAL trend or pattern has actually been established. If one has, we'll probably know for sure when SSB4 comes around.

The way I see it, the whole deal about Pokemon getting two newcomers in each game, one from the first generation and one from the most recent generation, is just a coincidence.

Mewtwo - Got in because he was still popular and was planned for the first Smash anyway.
Pichu - Got in because he was a familiar Pokemon, he represented the latest generation of Pokemon at the time, and Sakurai wanted a new "joke character".

Lucario - replaced Pichu as the new "latest and greatest" Pokemon, representing the latest generation of Pokemon at the time.
Pokemon Trainer - replaced Mewtwo as the new "first-generation rep" for many reasons. First of all, he is the main character and player controlled character of all Pokemon games. Second of all, his Pokemon are some of the most familiar and popular Pokemon in existence and are from the first generation. Third, he presents a new "three-way transformation" gimmick that appeals to many people. Lastly, his game was the latest to be remade before Brawl's development and after Melee's release. All of this caused Sakurai to see the Pokemon Trainer as a much higher priority than Mewtwo at the time.

I don't think Sakurai was trying to create a trend. He just needed a new latest and greatest Pokemon, and saw a lot more potential in the Pokemon Trainer than he did with Mewtwo. So I don't necessarily think that this trend has to continue, besides the addition of a new latest and greatest Pokemon, whether or not that means Lucario gets cut. And as I've said before, there really is no reason for Meowth to become playable now, and there is no way that is happening before Mewtwo is revived and there is no way the Pokemon Trainer would be cut because of him.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
Pokemon trainer: The first generation pokemon sqiurtle and especially charizard were added for a reason, I mean think charizard is (or was) highly populated. He was the card EVERYONE wanted in the training card game. Not to mention in anime and books. Squirtle was also very popular, he is one of the only pokemon I know that most people recognize that are not fan of the series. Mudkip and Deoxys probably are the most requested 3rd Gens but I don't have high hopes for those guys.

Ridley, now someone answer me this.. Why does so many people.. I mean.. ALOT! .. Want this dragon to be in so bad? I mean I dont play metroid, but I know who he is. I could see this just as some clone of charizard anyway.

Paper Mario/Toad/Bowser Jr.: Stupid, Stupid, Maybe. Okay in all seriousness we don't need another Mario.

Toad: would be better off as an assist trophy. Someone tell me why toad is worth a character? I mean sure this guy might be an awesome character but to be on the smash roster? No thanks. Unless someone can give me a valid reason.

Bowser Jr: Okay yeah that would be a little cool to see him in a new smash, I mean he would probably be similar to Meta Knight in my mind just cuz he's as small as him. But I just dont see him being in. Cuz from what I hear he only played a major part in super Mario sunshine. And if that were the case they woulda had him in brawl but they didn't..

Waluigi: While I would love to see this happen and my second favorite Mario character (first wario) it isn't likely to happen. Unlike wario I guess this character has a lot of negative feedback. None of the critics would want to see this as a playable character. They would just probably keep him as a assist trophy at most.

Now for Bowser Jr, and Ridley. I can see that gaming sites like ign and such would love to see these guys, they are well liked. But I just don't see why everyone likes a dragon? Isn't samus fine by herself? I mean we already have charizard.

Mewtwo~ Uh yeah.. Three wordz.. BRING HIM BACK! He is by far the most missed character left behind in brawl. And was one of my mains, also favorite pokemon. To think to not be a clone, be on the last event 51 with bowser and ganon, to be the only legendary, only one who doesnt applause for the winner of a match, only one to float and lift items with phychic, most salvage and bad pokemon. I mean wth? I hope he comes back.

Mewoth~ Yeah that would be actually really cool, but I couldn't see it happening. Unless that rumor was true about him maybe being in ssb? I mean if that were true then pokemon would of had 4 slots in the first one. (other being mewtwo)

K.Rool~ Probably most wanted DK Character, and I think he would deff be awesome. I just don't see for him either.. He hasnt been in any games recently as far as I know. And possibly Rare might own him.

Ign and probably other critics did say they would like see him though, even mewtwo too!

Dixie~ .. Diddy is fine.. She would probably be too similar to Diddy. Plus if anyone could get new moves it would be Diddy. Not Dixie.

Krystal~ Well if yet another starfox character will be added, it would probably be her. Or pigma or panther. But idc personally I would rather have them try to chane all of the starfox characters movesets. Leave fox the way he his and change falco and wolf a bit. But a new character would be nice too! Just please, not another landmaster..

Legend of Zelda: No more characters just revamp ganon and toon link.

Yoshi: Yoshi is fine by him/her self.

Wario: Same

Samus: I would say byherself is fine. But most people will disagree which I still have no knowlege why.

DK: Amazing if K.Rool would get in :)

Fire Emblem: Now I really don't care, but I guess it would be cool to see ROY back with a different moveset.. (I have the least knowledge about FE)

F-Zero: While many people want Black Shadow, Samuri G, Blood Falcon, or what ever other characters, I would just be fine with bounty hunter Captain Falcon.

Earthbound: Please keep Ness. One of my mains :) Lucas is awesome too. Perfect. Otherwise you could add Ninten too. That would be sweet.

Kirby: Nothing at all needs to be changed.

Ice climb/Pit: One one more of these classics, otherwise it's just fine

G&W/R.O.B.: These guys are fine too you could add one more though. Otherwise again it's good.

Third Party: Sure, add megaman. But that's it. Maybe if I'm lucky Goku. Best anime character of all time. To add shadow, knuckles, tails would be incredibly stupid. Focus on non-clone nintendo characters first. If any new third party character is to be added it really should not be another character from sonic. Fine by himself.

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser is fine, but kinda cool if Jr got in there too. Or waluigi of course..

Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigg, ??,???. Would just to love see Mewtwo make his return.. Lucario should return but more so mewtwo I would want. Pokemon trainer too with the same pokemon. I would like too see mewoth and a new 5th Gen pokemon. That would be about 7 slots tho.. And 9 pokemon playable. I would more so want Mewtwo to make his return the most.. I mean he's the best pokemon ever and shouldn't be forgotten.

As for character slots I think it's possible for a series to have more then others. Just think melee had 5 mario characters, (Doc, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser)

I'm just sayings it's something to think about.

:phone:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
In my opinion, the only character in Brawl who should go is the toon link, he joined because it's cute, nice one, but there is nothing in the content forces, is almost a jiggypuff however jiggypuff possesses three attacks that raise a lot of damage, and one that is most useful, (the rest is crap) taking up a role in the game... toon link should be replaced with young link (almost a revenge Melee) that represented something. His movements should be changed, no longer a clone of Link, although the same person.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Apparently, there are rumors floating around about development is nearing completion on Kid Icarus Uprising and that the rumored Japanese release date for the title is some time in August. If that is true, then its technically possible for Sakurai to start development for Smash 4 in July, which means we will definitely be seeing an unveil for Smash 4 at E3 2012.

Also, check out the promotional statue of Palutena.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Apparently, there are rumors floating around about development is nearing completion on Kid Icarus Uprising and that the rumored Japanese release date for the title is some time in August. If that is true, then its technically possible for Sakurai to start development for Smash 4 in July, which means we will definitely be seeing an unveil for Smash 4 at E3 2012.
That's what you said is very likely ... I hope you're right.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley, now someone answer me this.. Why does so many people.. I mean.. ALOT! .. Want this dragon to be in so bad? I mean I dont play metroid, but I know who he is. I could see this just as some clone of charizard anyway.

Now for Bowser Jr, and Ridley. I can see that gaming sites like ign and such would love to see these guys, they are well liked. But I just don't see why everyone likes a dragon? Isn't samus fine by herself? I mean we already have charizard.

Samus: I would say byherself is fine. But most people will disagree which I still have no knowlege why.

Third Party: Sure, add megaman. But that's it. Maybe if I'm lucky Goku. Best anime character of all time. To add shadow, knuckles, tails would be incredibly stupid. Focus on non-clone nintendo characters first. If any new third party character is to be added it really should not be another character from sonic. Fine by himself.
1. A clone of charizard? Ridley hasn't shared a frame with Charizard since Metroid. Every game since, he's gotten closer to Captain Falcon than Charizard in terms of frame. Okay, so they both spit fire, and they both have wings, and they both have a tail. That's... Well, that is not a clone make, at all. If you'd seen the official art of Metroid Other M I posted earlier, you'd see what I mean.

2. Why did we add Marth, Roy, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Wario, Ike, Toon Link, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Zamus, or Lucas? We already had three humans in Smash 64.

3. No. No, she isn't, because Metroid is a successful and popular major series that only has one character even though there are other popular characters they could add.

4. You do understand that by giving Goku any reasonable possibility in a smash game, you're removing a lot MORE validity from anything you say, right? No offense intended? But it's one of those rules of "Smash Newcomers"... They have to originate from a video game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm gonna reiterate the PT idea and reply to some responses.
Pokemon Trainer Idea
What if the Pokemon Trainer didn't have 3 pokemon from one generation? Instead, what if he/she had a lineup that combined generations 2 through 4? Pokemon representation can be brought up to speed if this happens, as opposed to a 3rd Generation in SSB5 and so on. There's many pokemon to choose from in one generation alone, therefore deciding who makes it is anyone's guess, so here are the NUMEROUS options:

2nd Generation
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium

Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion

Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr

3rd Generation
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile

Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken

Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert

4th Generation
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra

Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape

Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon

The pokemon are listed from phases 1 to 3. I've color-coded them to make their type (grass, fire, water) obvious, and I provided images because not everyone (myself included) knows what these pokemon look like.

So, my idea is for the Trainer to have 3 pokemon, but with one belonging to a specific generation, type and phase. The list above features the choices, and only one pokemon can be chosen from each generation, as well as type, and evolution phase. The chosen 3 can't share similarities in phase, type or generation. Here are the features:

-Its meant to replace Brawl's PT and Pokemon with a new, SSB only PT. This can solve the problem of a trainer that only features 1 gen.
-The PT could have a male and female version, with about 5 alts.
-Only one PT in SSB4
-This is NOT meant to showcase a customizable roster. When you have 27 options, people will not choose the same set.

Here are some of the choices that people have made:

Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken (ToddCam, Sonic Poke, Spydr Enzo)
Treecko, Quilava, Empoleon (BirthNote)
Totodile, Grovyle, Infernape (augustoflores)
Chimchar, Grovyle, Feraligatr (shortiecanbrawl)

*Not everyone who chose a lineup supports the idea.

I have to admit that some of these candidates can't work for Smash because of...notable concerns. Some are armless, and others are FREAKING MASSIVE (guess who). Anyway, my personal choice would be to follow up on Brawl's PT range: fire would have its first phase, water would be in its second, and grass would feature its third phase. The phase layout that I've mentioned is how I would do it--if you want to come up with your own layout or follow Brawl's, go ahead.

So what do you all think? Is it best for the PT to have a strictly 2nd generation lineup, or have a roster that spans these 3 generations? With this, they could possibly get away with featuring all of Pokemon generations; Pika and Jiggs feature the first whereas the Trainer showcases 3 and the 5th generation can get represented by the pokemon that some have been rooting for a few pages back. Who would you choose for the Pokemon Trainer's fighters?

Replies:
It is not possible in the games to normally obtain these Pokemon. Ash does NOT matter when it comes to PT. PT is based soley off the games. Ash no longer owns Charizard or Squirts. He has never owned an Ivysaur either. Pokemon trainer is Trainer Red. Hopefully he becomes Ethan, May, Dawn, or. . . Hilbert. . . . ugh. Hate that name.
Here's a few issues with this:
-Not possible to get them normally, but it IS possible to get them. They can't make an SSB-created trainer who got these pokemon through trading?
-Ash doesn't matter even though he and Red have the same voice actress? Ash still owns most of his past-gen pokemon. They are in someone else's care, and all he has to do is contact the person to get his pokemon back. They're still his. He never owned an Ivysaur, but...what does Bulbasaur evolve into? Are you sure that Ash has nothing to do with this?
-Since we're hoping for things: Hopefully Red becomes a new SSB-created character with a multi gen lineup. Has Smash always followed the rules of all the series strictly?

I still believe that the Pokemon Trainer won't change one bit, besides the good possibility that we'll see the female Trainer as an alternate costume. But whatever, this Pokemon discussion has gone on long enough and is getting quite repetitive. How about a new discussion?
I've been repeating some things to avoid misconceptions like 10 pokemon. Now that this discussion is pretty much finished, I will move on.

So, new discussion anyone? Things are pretty random right now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, Ash's VA never voiced Pokemon Trainer. Although, one of the people on the show, May, I believe, voiced Pokemon Trainer.

So for a new topic: If Sakurai decides not to work as director at least for SSB4, what do you think will happen?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Pokemon trainer: The first generation pokemon sqiurtle and especially charizard were added for a reason, I mean think charizard is (or was) highly populated. He was the card EVERYONE wanted in the training card game. Not to mention in anime and books. Squirtle was also very popular, he is one of the only pokemon I know that most people recognize that are not fan of the series. Mudkip and Deoxys probably are the most requested 3rd Gens but I don't have high hopes for those guys.
This is why I think the three current Pokemon will stay. Charizard and Squirtle (not so much Ivysaur) are two of the most familiar Pokemon in existence next to Pikachu, not to mention a couple of the most popular, and unlike Pokemon of other generations, their popularity has lasted because they are from the first generation.

First of all, just look at him... he's a big purple dragon that leads an army of pirates in space! Second of all, he is the most deserving Metroid character at this point, considering he has appeared in pretty much every Metroid game as a big villain and also plays important parts in the storyline of the games.

Toad: would be better off as an assist trophy. Someone tell me why toad is worth a character? I mean sure this guy might be an awesome character but to be on the smash roster? No thanks. Unless someone can give me a valid reason.
Toad is a unique Mario character who has potential for a moveset, is very popular, has been in pretty much every single big Mario game since the series has existed, is extremely recognizable by anyone even remotely familiar with Mario, is iconic of the series he comes from, and could be considered a "major" Nintendo character. Honestly... if none of these reasons validates the possibility of ANY character appearing as a playable character, I don't what does.

Bowser Jr: Okay yeah that would be a little cool to see him in a new smash, I mean he would probably be similar to Meta Knight in my mind just cuz he's as small as him. But I just dont see him being in. Cuz from what I hear he only played a major part in super Mario sunshine. And if that were the case they woulda had him in brawl but they didn't..
Agreed that his role has diminished quite severely in teh last decade, but seeing as how he represents a new era of Mario and he doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon, I feel like he also has a great possibility of appearing, compared to other Mario characters.

Goku is not happening, and never will happen. He didn't even originate in video games, and any anime character instantly has a 0% chance of appearing anywhere in the game.

So for a new topic: If Sakurai decides not to work as director at least for SSB4, what do you think will happen?
I feel like there are a wide range of things that could possibly happen. First of all, recall that if Sakurai had decided to not develop Brawl, then instead of getting Brawl we would have just gotten an enhanced port of Melee with official online play introduced. Could this happen with SSB4? An enhanced port of Brawl that includes greatly improved online play, maybe a couple new features or revived Melee characters (or even two or three newcomers), and a possible chance of seeing official DLC is probably something that could happen.

They could also decide to hand the project over to someone who has been involved with the series for a long time and feels like they can take it on, and perhaps take it in a new direction as well. I don't know, I'm just throwing stuff out there. Really, anything could happen.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Ugh...Ridley is not a Zard clone...Ridley existed before Charizard, lol.

Research this stuff, people.

EDIT: Also, it's extremely unlikely that Sakurai would make Smash 4, so Kid Icarus really has nothing to do with anything at this point.

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually, Ash's VA never voiced Pokemon Trainer. Although, one of the people on the show, May, I believe, voiced Pokemon Trainer.
Not sure where the source is, but the SmashWiki article says:

"For the various voice clips that are used, a new English voice actor from the anime, Michele Knotz (who voices Nurse Joy, May, and other characters) was given the role. Sarah Natochenny, the voice actor of Ash, is not in this game, despite popular belief."

Miyamoto would probably direct, then. Of all of the creators in the Nintendo stable, Sakurai's games seem to be most influenced by the late Gunpei and, secondly, Shigeru. Though I doubt that a new director would radically change the formula, regardless, he seems like the best match should Sakurai not return.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Toad is arguably one of the most popular Mario characters out there. He has appeared since the start, and if you check properly, he is also the only playable protagonist from the mainstream Mario games to not be playable at all in Smash. He is playable in both SMB 2 and NSMB Wii which gives him a lot of moveset potential. He is also the starring character in Wario's Woods and the Japanese famicon game Satella-Q (hints his popularity in Japan). Had important roles as a NPC in games such as the Super Mario Galaxy games. He is also playable in frequent Mario spin-offs which easily gives fuel to his popularity. Additionally, he is one of the original characters that Shigeru Miyamoto created. For moveset examples, check a couple of pages back on this thread as many have made Toad movesets right from the games that he was playable in. He is guaranteed to have a unique moveset unlike Bowser Jr. or even Paper Mario who can possibly get "luigified" movesets.

OmegaZeroX

Smash Cadet
Zero from the Megaman Zero series though. But that's just a thought. Anything else should be good. Oh wait! Bring back ROY!! But still Keep Ike, and ,maybe add another Fire Emblem character, that would be cool!

majora_787

Smash Hero
ACTUALLY! They only have a 0% chance if they originated in an anime. Megaman, Sonic the Hedgehog, and the cast of Sands of Destruction all originated in cames by Sega and Capcom, but they all had animes.

So, to be fair. But Goku didn't originate in a game, so it doesn't really matter. =P

NintendoNerd

Smash Rookie
Mario has Yoshi, and Yoshi is in Smash.
So.. Epona for new Smash Bros.!

Or how about a Goron and a Zora? Would be cool..

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Zoroark:

wtf would he do regarding his illusion? Thats like his/her whole gimmick, and the only way i could see it working as intended would be if there were some 5th gen trainer so you could actually fool someobody into thinking you're not Zoroark when you switch

majora_787

Smash Hero
@Zoroark:

wtf would he do regarding his illusion? Thats like his/her whole gimmick, and the only way i could see it working as intended would be if there were some 5th gen trainer so you could actually fool someobody into thinking you're not Zoroark when you switch
Or they could make the Zoroark thing on the select screen act like the random button, but when you beat on your "random" opponent they turn into Zoroark. I dunno. xD

Or maybe they just turn into their opponent with a special move. Which is more likely.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, itd just be kirby....

that, and you'd clearly tell the other guy is using Zoroark at char select :/

RWB

Smash Ace
Waluigi: While I would love to see this happen and my second favorite Mario character (first wario) it isn't likely to happen. Unlike wario I guess this character has a lot of negative feedback. None of the critics would want to see this as a playable character. They would just probably keep him as a assist trophy at most.

Waluigi has a surprisingly big fanbase, actually. And as far as a mixed sports-focused character goes, none can outmatch him. At the very least, he's getting in long before Daisy does(as anything more than a Peach costume). Crotch-chopping, cheating super-athletes with bad tempers= awesome.

The fact that he got an AT while Jr. got nothing really favors him, as well.

Legend of Zelda: No more characters just revamp ganon and toon link.

Gad no. Tingle needs to be added(espescially if based on his own series), and Possibly Vaati(main villain of the four sword series, second most recurring villain). But yes, make these two characters far less like their cloning pal.

Wario: Same

No, the Wario Ware games have tons of great conceptual characters, and Captain Syrup recently came back to prominence in the Warioland series. Ashley, Jimmy.T, Penny Crygor and Mona are the popular WW picks.

Penny may stand the best chance, being a fan favorite whose role gets more important in every game she stars, not to mention being an inventor+cutesy character.

Or the ninja twins steps up from AT to actual playable characters.

Ridley is incredibly important to this series, about as prominent as Ganon in the Zelda series(or even more so). He is the main recurring villain who is also personally responsible for how Samus' life turned out. Combine this with being a mutant zombie cyborg dragon space pirate, a cool design, and it's easy to see why he is such a popular pick.

If Metroid gets another character, it should be him.

DK: Amazing if K.Rool would get in :)
Assuming he isn't owned by Rare, he will likely get in. If he is, Dixie most likely takes the next DK spot(If Diddy got in, Rare ain't stopping Dixie).

Fire Emblem: Now I really don't care, but I guess it would be cool to see ROY back with a different moveset.. (I have the least knowledge about FE)

Roy hasn't a snowball's chance in **** of returning.
Marth is not going away, unless FE is dropped from SSB completely. He is not only the first main character, he also has no less than 4 games and an anime featuring him now. He is basically Mister FE. Ike may well be replaced by the next major FE lord, or possibly even an older one from a possible upcoming remake. Heck, Lyn may even steal his place, considering how she stole the AT place in brawl.

Earthbound: Please keep Ness. One of my mains :) Lucas is awesome too. Perfect. Otherwise you could add Ninten too. That would be sweet.
Ninten is basically identical to Ness, though. Porky/Pokey should probably get in, considering his rather major importance in the series.

Kirby: Nothing at all needs to be changed.
Agreed. All the major players are there.
Personally, I'd love Ado/Adeleine, but considering how she doesn't even appear often within the Kirby series itself... yeah.

Ice climb/Pit: One one more of these classics, otherwise it's just fine

With his theme and all, Takamura seems a good choice, or little Mac could take the step up from Assist Trophy(likely). Balloon Fighter isn't a bad choice either, if Tingle doesn't get in.

No Goku. Good guests other than Megaman would be Simon Belmont.

A likely one may be Cloud from FF(Man, is he overrated). Square Enix isn't in a good economic position right now, meaning the advertisement here could really help them, and it's a good deal for Nintendo, since the FF fanbase is rather notable in size. If Koei/Tecmo, Hayabusa is a possibility.

Master Chief is highly unlikely, as the Halo Series has reached it's end and is not selling games on Nintendo consoles anytime soon.

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser is fine, but kinda cool if Jr got in there too. Or waluigi of course..

Jr. and Waluigi will get in sooner or later. They may have to cede the SSB4 place to Toad, though.

Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigg, ??,???. Would just to love see Mewtwo make his return.. Lucario should return but more so mewtwo I would want. Pokemon trainer too with the same pokemon. I would like too see mewoth and a new 5th Gen pokemon. That would be about 7 slots tho.. And 9 pokemon playable. I would more so want Mewtwo to make his return the most.. I mean he's the best pokemon ever and shouldn't be forgotten.
Pika and Jiggs stay. Luca has a 50/50 chance but could easily lose his spot to Zoroark or Victini. Depends on popularity. It's also quite likely that Pokemon Trainer gets a multi-generation team, possibly keeping Zard. I wouldn't be against Trainer covering gen 2-4 with a starter from each, though- likely some of the forms from of the Chikorita, Torchic and Piplup line(seems to be the ones Nintendo like to put in games the most of them).

Pizza Sauce

Smash Rookie
Let's see some Dragonball Z characters. Hmmm, maybe it could be a vs. game (i.e., smash bros. vs. dragonball z, smash bros. vs. capcom, etc.).

RWB

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario should only be a costume of regular Mario. The character is too much of a clone and I believe they should start doing costumes instead of just different color swaps.

This. This so very, very much.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai leaving wouldn't be the end of the world by any means, but it's hard to say how well the game would go if we don't know any likely candidates that would replace him.

So, it could go well, or terrible. The real question is: How likely is it that Sakurai won't be overseeing smash?

I say it's entirely possible.

PT having Charizard/Ivy/Squirts has nothing to do with Ash. He did not voice PT. Red has those pokemon for obvious reasons. They're the three beginers. Sure, Charizard and Squirtle are popular because of the anime. But so is Latios, and a heck of a lot of other pokemon. We don't see Skitty/Blaziken/Aipom ect in the game? Just because Ash has had the starters, doesn't mean it was modeled after him. Besides, he gets too much credit. No one ever remembers Trainer Red/Rival Blue. ASH AND GARY! OH ANDZ BROCK UN MIZTYS. Erk.
The anime is important to most everything when it comes to Pokemon, except when it comes to characters like Trainers who are based of the games.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
dbz... /facepalm
who's letting these new**** speak? (i think I've been spending too much time on 4Chan)

Smash Addict

Smash Cadet
2 cents

Hey everyone, I just signed up to the forum and like a lot of the ideas I've read regarding characters and gameplay changes for SSB4. And since it seems that everyone in here has made at least one list regarding what they'd like to see in 4, I figured that I'd throw my two cents in as well. So without further ado...

Characters that have a real chance of making it into the game (imo):

Issac
Waluigi
King K. Rool
New Pokemon (take your pick)

I'm not super well versed in Nintendo characters, but those seem like solid picks. I'm sure there'll be others too.

3rd party characters should be done as DLC. Have a couple at launch in addition to Snake & Sonic, but doing the rest as DLC would probably be way easier for Nintendo. That's pure speculation on my part though.

Anway, Mega-man, Bomberman, Banjo & Kazooie, Knuckles, and Rayman (definitely Rayman :cool:) seem like good potential inclusions imo.

Others that have been on Wii but whose chances are a bit more shaky would be characters like Goku or Ichigo from Bleach, though I'd love to see them.

And then there are the not very likely, forgotten characters of yesteryear. Vectorman, Earthworm Jim, and Toejam & Earl, just to name a few. I think they could be wonderfull additions, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom