• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dawn of the First Day: 72 hours remain.

Three more days until Nintendo's E3 conference.

I am really curious about what Nintendo will show as the first titles for the Wii 2/Cafe. Heck, I am even curious about new announcements for the 3DS and Wii. We will finally get some new material for us to draw some new speculation regarding the roster. Sakurai will also be at this year's E3. No doubt there will be people asking him when he is going to begin Smash 4.

Also, for those who think Sakurai being at E3 confirms Smash 4, keep in mind that he was at E3 2005 and there was no Smash unveil. Heck, Smash 3 (it was not yet named Brawl) was announced with Sakurai not even being made aware and the game was not even in development.

Still, I think at next year's E3 we will finally see Smash 4 and several newcomers to the Smash series.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Can you please stop arguing about this. You don't have any facts to back up your claims. You refuse to find any. You supposively don't care if he gets in or not but you're the only one who keeps bringing him up. Really it's getting annoying now. If he was so popular, there would be more people then just you arguing for his case right now. I don't mind that you want and think Lucario is going to return but stop mentioning him every time someone mentions a roster (or anything else character related) and state things like "HEZ ZEH FIRST PRIORTY OVR EVRBODY!!!!!!" and "HE IZ ZEH MOST POPULAR POKEMON EVAR!" (Yes I know that's an exaggeration) when those are subjective statements that you have not proven and seem to actually of been disproven numerous times in this thread. So please, please just chill out with the Lucario topic, give it a rest, and actually post stuff that can be proven.

Sure.
Well said.

-

On the subject of costumes, I think that most characters should have their default model with a few recolors, as well as a new/different model with a few recolors (just like Wario). Mario and Link for example would have their default SSB4 model with all the standard color costumes, as well as Dr Mario and TwilightPrincess Link with their own recolors.

D

Deleted member

In the past, inclusion was 100% up to Sakurai and will continue to be if he happens to be working on the next smash. His personal bias or opinions outweigh all logical reasons for a character to be included. After that, everything else is looked at, but even that is from Sakurai's point of view so sometimes accurate speculation is just impossible.

I think Little Mac should have a slot also, and his moveset could be very similar to Marth's with punches instead of swordsplay.
This time, it won't be up to him since he's not going to be involved in SSB4.
Well obviously Sakurai doesnt follow his own guidelines, as Ridley clearly fits those. As does Geno and all the others on the top of the poll. The truth is, his own personal bias should be a #4 on that list. He only puts in characters that he likes.
Just because a character meets all three guidelines doesn't mean that they'll get in.
Speaking of characters "we" like I think that's the reason why Sonic got in. He had the most votes on that poll that Nintendo had. I believe it was only for Japan which makes me wonder why they couldn't do one for America and Europe as well.
Probably because they're primarily a Japanese company and pay more attention towards their native country?
But if SSB4 is really on the way, the characters would already have to be determined. Though i wouldn't mind an English audience poll for DLC characters once the game has been released.
There was one exception to this, Sonic the Hedgehog. So you never know, demands may very well influence at least one character's entry.
Even though I used mewtwo in melee and switched to luc, I could never use zoroark.

Primarily because zoroark doesnt have a tail.
What does not having a tail have to do with anything?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
kudos for the MM reference, ChronoBound

i wonder how many OSSB4DT veterans will be holding the front lines from the n00bs during the Nintendo Conference here... I'm not gonna be around here on the boards during e3... aand i cannot handle archaic 10 year old fan boys; most of which have no knowledge of the series in my great opinion.

going around setting straight millions of ignorant newcomers is a pain and tedious hard work for a set group of no more than 10. when those millions interchange with the set group, you can't keep track of who thinks this way and who does this other really odd and strange way. err... what was i talking about again?

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
kudos for the MM reference.

i wonder how many OSSB4DT veterans will be holding the front lines from the n00bs during the Nintendo Conference here... I'm not gonna be around here on the boards during e3... aand i cannot handle archaic 10 year old fan boys; most of which have no knowledge of the series in my great opinion.

going around setting straight millions of ignorant newcomers is a pain and tedious hard work for a set group of no more than 10. when those millions interchange with the set group, you can't keep track of who thinks this way and who does this other really odd and strange way. err... what was i talking about again?
I wouldn't attempt to force reason or sanity upon them. It is far too much for their fragile Sonic/Geno/Batman/Naruto/Goku fanboyed minds to handle. It's best to just let them expend their energy on hopeless rosters and ignorant discussion. Eventually their numbers will wear down.

My tv is gonna be sitting on G4 for the entirety of the conference. I probably won't return here unless we get a real announcement, even then I might not return for a few weeks/months. The horrid no-chance suggestions and wishlists will all come out of the woodwork after the announcement. I'm not going to sit on a "serious" forum like this during that time period. I will probably be spending some time on Gamespot/faqs so I can at least be amused by the humor and trolls amid the ocean of noobs. There would be no real discussions there of course, but I would at least keep up to date on all the new information as it comes in.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Dawn of the First Day: 72 hours remain.

Three more days until Nintendo's E3 conference.

I am really curious about what Nintendo will show as the first titles for the Wii 2/Cafe. Heck, I am even curious about new announcements for the 3DS and Wii. We will finally get some new material for us to draw some new speculation regarding the roster. Sakurai will also be at this year's E3. No doubt there will be people asking him when he is going to begin Smash 4.

Also, for those who think Sakurai being at E3 confirms Smash 4, keep in mind that he was at E3 2005 and there was no Smash unveil. Heck, Smash 3 (it was not yet named Brawl) was announced with Sakurai not even being made aware and the game was not even in development.

Still, I think at next year's E3 we will finally see Smash 4 and several newcomers to the Smash series.
Well, the fact of him being there isn't what hints toward it, besides, he only showed off his Exhibits pass, which is like the most basic entry pass right? There are more interesting things that get my hopes up. Last E3, there were no plausible SSB4 rumors and it really was too soon anyway. Now, with a new console on the way, with only Pikmin and possibly Zelda as good release titles, they need something big to draw in the buyers. I probably wouldnt waste the money on a whole new console WITHOUT a SSB announcement. Nothing else seems worth it to me. And im sure others feel the same.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
Well, the fact of him being there isn't what hints toward it, besides, he only showed off his Exhibits pass, which is like the most basic entry pass right? There are more interesting things that get my hopes up. Last E3, there were no plausible SSB4 rumors and it really was too soon anyway. Now, with a new console on the way, with only Pikmin and possibly Zelda as good release titles, they need something big to draw in the buyers. I probably wouldnt waste the money on a whole new console WITHOUT a SSB announcement. Nothing else seems worth it to me. And im sure others feel the same.
I'm sure the Prime4 rumor might persuade me if we don't get SSB4.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wtf? there's more metroid primes out there? (and i mean the creature not the games)

remember metroid dread? i'd still like to see that.
I'd still want to see Metroid 2 remade... like maybe a 3DS virtual console or maybe completely remade with awesome 3DHD... looking like a sidescroller the way it is supposed to be.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm sure the Prime4 rumor might persuade me if we don't get SSB4.
I think the only first party Nintendo titles that will be shown off for the Wii 2/Cafe will be:
- Some tech demo game like Wii Sports
- Pikmin 3
- Miyamoto's new IP

I think Nintendo will be trying to give more spotlight to third-parties in their Cafe presentation.

Cafe is not planned for release until late 2012, they can definitely use E3 2012 as the place to show off important first-party software such as Smash 4.

I think most of the new Nintendo games that will be announced at E3 will be for the 3DS. We will also get a few more new Wii titles as well (maybe 2 or 3 new announcements).

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
wtf? there's more metroid primes out there? (and i mean the creature not the games)

remember metroid dread? i'd still like to see that.
I'd still want to see Metroid 2 remade... like maybe a 3DS virtual console or maybe completely remade with awesome 3DHD... looking like a sidescroller the way it is supposed to be.
Retro is supposed to announce a game that "everyone has been wanting them to do". Not sure what it would be. Hoping its another Prime trilogy though.

Any new games in the Prime series would have to involve Dark Samus (Metroid Prime) or the title would just be irrelevent. They could just make a new 1st-person trilogy with a different subtitle or they could just somehow bring back Dark Samus and continue them with the Prime title. There is some evidence that all phazon in the universe didn't disappear along with Phaaze, so either one could be possible.

The end of Prime3 showed Phaaze exploding, however there was an old Leviathan on Phaaze, suggesting that Phazon originated elsewhere and migrated to Phaaze just as it was sent to other planets. Meaning that planets infected with phazon might eventually become just like Phaaze if left unchecked. The destruction of the seed on Phaaze just destroyed that planet and all the phaazon tied to that specific planet. This leads me to believe that Dark Samus could supposedly return. She could rise from phazon present at some other place in the universe. Just pure speculation on my part though.

-

I saw some where that Other M went by the title Dread at some point in development. It was probably just meant to be a humorous reference to it rather than being the actual origin of the term though.

I'm still waiting for a Fusion sequel as a sidescroller with full 3d models.

Metroid 2 really needs a remake. It's my favorite of the side scrolling Metroids. The level design is much better than Super, despite the illogical map.

Steam

Smash Hero
Anytime I google Pokemon popularity, Lucario is treated about the same as the Gen 4 legendaries (which isn't particularly amazing across all generations). Mewtwo is among the most popular. Also the majority of contests between Mewtwo and Lucario tend to favor Mewtwo, with the single exception being polls about which one plays better in Smash.

Personally, I don't see the problem with both, especially when Zoroark isn't making much of an impression.
the only real poll that's kinda accurate is the IGN one. and that one can't apply to smash selection because it only encompasses a gaming website (where you'll mainly find the older fans) and of how the voting was done. since it just had you choose between two, people who hate a particular pokemon will always vote for any random pokemon above them. hence why the top 20 was filled with many gen 1s. all that matters in smash selection (as sakurai said) in terms of fanbase is having people wanting to play as X character. you can't honestly say more people would rather play as alakazam than lucario :I

the only place you'll find mewtwo having an edge in popularity is on a place like this where you find mainly the older generation of fans.

edit: I CAN'T back it up... there is no poll out there that has an accurate set of data for what smash is looking for. everything is from my personal experience as a result. But just because it's a poll doesn't mean it applies, you have to look at how the tests were done and exactly what data you're looking for >.>

every poll I've found can't apply to smash selection sadly. you'd need a direct comparison for it to be best or one that makes you choose just one/a few favorite(s). and the only one of those I've found was on an obscure site asking who was "cooler" and had lucario ahead of zoroark by a large margin. so probably not very credible either.

though in terms of priority it'll probably go like this Zoroark > Lucario > Mewtwo. Only because there's such a good chance zoroark will make it due to being recent... but he might not, who knows

anyways going to drop it since it's going nowhere and really can't because of no applicable data to what we'd need.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
im glad you used edit, otherwise you would have been chewed out.

what else is there to talk about?
oh! how about giving Takamaru and Samurai Goroh some compare and contrasting?

for one, they're both samurai.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I dunno... To be honest, I don't feel like either deserve a spot on the SSB4 roster... Then again, I pretty much know nothing about both of them.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Well since we are on the subject of changing subjects what do you guys think about elaborating costume changes? Just like Wario's outfit could change you could modify other characters to add even more. Also you could have outfits of different games (e.g. OOT Link and TP Link). They would have to have the same size, build, and movesets though graphics could change. This is what was thinking.

Mario
-Dr. Mario
-Evil Mario (Sunshine, Galaxy)
-Paper Mario

Link
-Twilight Princess
-Skyward Sword
-OOT Link
-Dark Link
-Fierce Diety (Modified one handed oni blade)

Peach
- Daisy
- Sport Outfits (Soccer, Golf, etc)
- Princess Shroob

Ganondorf
- TP
- OOT
- Wind Waker
- Pig Form (From Link to the Past and NES)
- Black Shadow

Yoshi
- Boshi

Luigi
- Waluigi

Toon Link
- OOT Link
- NES Link (Not just a color swap and not 2D)
- Link to the Past

Pikachu
- Pichu
- Raichu

Pit
- Reaper outfit
- Solider outfit
- Captain Outfit

Captain Olimar
- Louie
- President

Samus
- Dark Samus
- Various outfits

Marth
- Roy

Bowser
- Possibly Blastoise (Fire breath turns into water)

This is just a few ideas I had. You could even make the name change when you select certain costumes (e.g. black shadow).
!?!?

The mechanism of Wario is an exception, because I think the only characters who should win these mechanisms are those that have had drastic changes (such as Wario, not small changes such as link) and only between characters that are the same person. And forgive me, this idea about Bowser / Blastoise is ridiculous.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Jesus some of you guys are sooooooo bitter. I suggest some relaxing music and maybe a nice swim to take the edge off. Im curious as to your realistic rosters since you bash people I have yet to see in every one of your posts. Sure people saying knuckle joe and daisy for smash is ridiculous, but no need to lose sleep over it.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ august, about Takamaru vs. Samurai Goroh

Takamaru
+ can represent a new series
+ guest playable character in Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3
+ can have moveset based on The Mysterious Murasame Castle and Samurai Warriors 3
+/- had a sticker and a song in Brawl
- is Japan-only (though Samurai Warriors 3 fixed this)
- very obscure compared to other well-known retro characters (Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3 might have fixed this but who knows?)

Samurai Goroh
+ more popular demand than Takamaru
+ would give more representation to F-Zero
+/- had an Asisst Trophy role in Brawl
- would require a completely made-up moveset
- F-Zero is on hiatus (read: dead) and it already has Captain Falcon

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
thanks for responding, Arc!

as im playing the Shin Onigashima song from brawl on youtube, i think to myself, can Donbe be applied to smash?
im also watching some videos on youtube... is it a text based game? is there any action?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shin Onigashima is a text-based adventure game that I think plays similarly to Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom for the NES.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Jesus some of you guys are sooooooo bitter. I suggest some relaxing music and maybe a nice swim to take the edge off. Im curious as to your realistic rosters since you bash people I have yet to see in every one of your posts. Sure people saying knuckle joe and daisy for smash is ridiculous, but no need to lose sleep over it.

Seriously, I agree man. I honestly hate the fact that some people think Knuckle Joe would be ridiculous for Smash, because I think it'd be a great idea to make him a fighter. Glad to see you start calmin' things down a bit.:cool:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Zoroark is like #17? Wow. But who was polled for that list?
The poll is from Nintendo Dream, which is basically the Nintendo Power equivalent in Japan. Should be a fairly wide selection of opinions, hence why there doesn't seem to be any particular trend along the lines of cute/badass/competitive.

the only real poll that's kinda accurate is the IGN one. and that one can't apply to smash selection because it only encompasses a gaming website (where you'll mainly find the older fans) and of how the voting was done. since it just had you choose between two, people who hate a particular pokemon will always vote for any random pokemon above them. hence why the top 20 was filled with many gen 1s. all that matters in smash selection (as sakurai said) in terms of fanbase is having people wanting to play as X character. you can't honestly say more people would rather play as alakazam than lucario :I

the only place you'll find mewtwo having an edge in popularity is on a place like this where you find mainly the older generation of fans.

edit: I CAN'T back it up... there is no poll out there that has an accurate set of data for what smash is looking for. everything is from my personal experience as a result. But just because it's a poll doesn't mean it applies, you have to look at how the tests were done and exactly what data you're looking for >.>
I'm taking into account the Nintendo Dream poll (wide selection of users), the IGN poll (generally the older crowd), the official Pokemon Company website polls (generally the younger crowd), and just plain googling "lucario mewtwo" or some such thing for obscure sites (wide selection).

It's fairly unanimous: Mewtwo > Lucario > Zoroark

Now, you obviously can't just look for one particular magical know-all poll to find out who's more popular, but the fact that you can't find ANYTHING supporting your statement while the rest of the world very blatantly disagrees with you says everything.

every poll I've found can't apply to smash selection sadly. you'd need a direct comparison for it to be best or one that makes you choose just one/a few favorite(s). and the only one of those I've found was on an obscure site asking who was "cooler" and had lucario ahead of zoroark by a large margin. so probably not very credible either.

though in terms of priority it'll probably go like this Zoroark > Lucario > Mewtwo. Only because there's such a good chance zoroark will make it due to being recent... but he might not, who knows

anyways going to drop it since it's going nowhere and really can't because of no applicable data to what we'd need.
I like your style. All signs point to A, but you declare them all invalid because your gut tells you B just HAS to be true.

A lot of the support behind Zoroark (and Brawl launch Lucario) seems to be on the basis of "the king is dead, long live the king." There's no definite case that proves Pokemon in Smash actually works like that, but whatever, that's their problem.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i don't think it's knuckle joe per sie, it's kinda more of the integrity of Smash.

knuckle joe is a basic enemy... sure he's got potential, but then again, any fighter would, knuckle joe is that fighter.
it's just unlucky that he isn't a single character in the game the way Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta-Knight are. no one else are as important to the series as these three characters. Gooey, Rick, Prince Fluff, etc... these are friends of Kirby but are they important to the series as a whole? No.

refugee

Smash Journeyman

Sorry I just have a low tolerance for bad character choices. I guess it's because by the time Brawl was a few months away everyone in the forum I posted at knew the basics of which characters would be able to get in and which ones would not (minor characters). Like I said before your roster was pretty well done. I'll try to put together a roster later. Probably will use your own as a base. : P

P.S I've been sleeping well.

i don't think it's knuckle joe per sie, it's kinda more of the integrity of Smash.

knuckle joe is a basic enemy... sure he's got potential, but then again, any fighter would, knuckle joe is that fighter.
it's just unlucky that he isn't a single character in the game the way Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta-Knight are. no one else are as important to the series as these three characters. Gooey, Rick, Prince Fluff, etc... these are friends of Kirby but are they important to the series as a whole? No.
Yes this. ^^^^^

Seriously, I agree man. I honestly hate the fact that some people think Knuckle Joe would be ridiculous for Smash, because I think it'd be a great idea to make him a fighter. Glad to see you start calmin' things down a bit.:cool:
We find it ridiculous because he's a minor character, like a goomba. Then again, not even like a goomba because at least it is one of the more iconic minor enemies in the series that it comes from unlike Knuckle Joe. And in case you were wondering the character that would fit that role for the kirby games would be a Waddle Dee.

@ august, about Takamaru vs. Samurai Goroh

Takamaru
+ can represent a new series
+ guest playable character in Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3
+ can have moveset based on The Mysterious Murasame Castle and Samurai Warriors 3
+/- had a sticker and a song in Brawl
- is Japan-only (though Samurai Warriors 3 fixed this)
- very obscure compared to other well-known retro characters (Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3 might have fixed this but who knows?)

Samurai Goroh
+ more popular demand than Takamaru
+ would give more representation to F-Zero
+/- had an Asisst Trophy role in Brawl
- F-Zero is on hiatus (read: dead) and it already has Captain Falcon
This breakdown has made me prefer Takamaru over Goroh, lol. Also the best part about a retro character is that it is obscure. That way, most people won't see it coming and be even more of a surprise. :D

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
!?!?

The mechanism of Wario is an exception, because I think the only characters who should win these mechanisms are those that have had drastic changes (such as Wario, not small changes such as link) and only between characters that are the same person. And forgive me, this idea about Bowser / Blastoise is ridiculous.
I realize that was the reason why Wario was the only one to get it but if you look at it you could see the possibilities. I was going for just plausible characters and not the most likely. You could have real looking characters like Daisy, NES Link, black shadow without making new movesets or characters rosters. Blastoise was just the extent of what they could do.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well to be honest, I myself am saying it would be ridiculous for Knuckle Joe to be in the game but I see no reason for people to be super bitter about it. We all have characters we'd love to see playable but it just comes down to whether it is reasonable. Like in my original roster, I included Simon Belmont because the Castlevania games are awesome. However, I didn't know Snake was also Konami so now I know he stands no chance. As far as Geno goes, apparently he actually stands no chance according to some people, but when Brawl was coming out I saw tons of people who wanted Geno and I was won over by his cool design and the possibility of a cool moveset. I just thought he looked way more interesting than any of the Mario characters added in the more recent years. But what do I know huh?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Well to be honest, I myself am saying it would be ridiculous for Knuckle Joe to be in the game but I see no reason for people to be super bitter about it. We all have characters we'd love to see playable but it just comes down to whether it is reasonable. Like in my original roster, I included Simon Belmont because the Castlevania games are awesome. However, I didn't know Snake was also Konami so now I know he stands no chance. As far as Geno goes, apparently he actually stands no chance according to some people, but when Brawl was coming out I saw tons of people who wanted Geno and I was won over by his cool design and the possibility of a cool moveset. I just thought he looked way more interesting than any of the Mario characters added in the more recent years. But what do I know huh?

I agree. There are a lot of characters out there that would be interesting in Smash and if you look at characters like ROB, Captain Falcon, Captain Olimar any character can be made playable with enough imagination. I have characters I want but have absolutely garanteed 0% chance of even showing up in SSB4. Unless you're a child of the 80s and early 90s you probably don't know Captain N the Gamemaster. He was Smash long before Smash existed.

D

Deleted member

I am going to have so much fun tearing apart these god-awful rosters that will come if SSB4 is announced. The stuff people come up with in IGN are just filled with LOL in some cases. You only have to look at IGN's "The Super Smash Bros. 4 Ideas Thread" for them.

@augustoflores (#39109): In compared to how realistic it is to get them in SSB4, both stands as possible, but only Samurai Goroh is likely since he plays a big role in the F-zero series and that he is an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Still, both would be interesting.

Why are you assuming that people won't care for Cafe if no Super Smash Bros. games are made? There are plenty of games Nintendo can make that will grab people's attention and they can't rely on Smash forever for a decent-sized hardcore fanbase.
Arcadenik said:
How is this a negative? It follows Sakurai's guideline that a character must be unique. If Samurari Goroh must be an unique character, then it's a point in him appearance as a playable character, not against him.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
@augustoflores (#39109): In compared to how realistic it is to get them in SSB4, both stands a likely, but only Samurai Goroh is likely since he plays a big role in the F-zero series and that he is an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Still, both would be interesting.
Wait what?

I agree both have a chance in making it in Brawl and Samurai Goroh is the more likely of the two. However, I would prefer the other guy (forgot name) to make it instead since he starred in his own game and has made a few cameo appearances in games recently. On the other hand, the Fzero franchise is the only series to still have one representative that has been there since the beginning. Either character would work tbh.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I am going to have so much fun tearing apart these god-awful rosters that will come if SSB4 is announced.
ya think you can hold up the fort on this front during E3? there's no telling how many newcomers will be posting random crud. set them straight... i want more people to actually have a decent amount of knowledge about Nintendo. it's insane how 1/4th of smashers are 'tarded (lol south park reference... im not serious about that statement)(even though smash boards didn't censor me, i just took out the "re")

refugee

Smash Journeyman
ya think you can hold up the fort on this front during E3? there's no telling how many newcomers will be posting random crud. set them straight... i want more people to actually have a decent amount of knowledge about Nintendo. it's insane how 1/4th of smashers are ******** (lol south park reference... im not serious about that statement)
Maybe a thread should be created beforehand that shows characteristics that'll either greatly or completely reduce the chance of a character making it in smash as a playable character. For example here is a list off the top of my head.

-Minor character (Goomba)
-Side character of a 3rd party franchise (Tails/Shadow)
-Character that doesn't originate from a video game (anime characters)
-Character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console (Master Chief)

D

Deleted member

Wait what?

I agree both have a chance in making it in Brawl and Samurai Goroh is the more likely of the two. However, I would prefer the other guy (forgot name) to make it instead since he starred in his own game and has made a few cameo appearances in games recently. On the other hand, the Fzero franchise is the only series to still have one representative that has been there since the beginning. Either character would work tbh.
Yeah, meant to put in "possible". Already correct that.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
There has already been a massive rush of newcomers to this thread, suggesting ridiculous things and trying to use "facts" to back up there choices, when their "facts" are actually only extreme bias. It has been overwhelming for me, and that is why I haven't showed up here as often the past few days.

Also, there are a few series that the majority of people here have agreed upon that won't receive any newcomers in a new Smash Bros. These series are:

-Yoshi's Island
-Kirby
-EarthBound (MOTHER)
-WarioWare
-Pikmin

refugee

Smash Journeyman
There has already been a massive rush of newcomers to this thread, suggesting ridiculous things and trying to use "facts" to back up there choices, when their "facts" are actually only extreme bias. It has been overwhelming for me, and that is why I haven't showed up here as often the past few days.

Also, there are a few series that the majority of people here have agreed upon that won't receive any newcomers in a new Smash Bros. These series are:

-Yoshi's Island
-Kirby
-EarthBound (MOTHER)
-WarioWare
-Pikmin
I can't tell if this is directed at me or not mostly because I have been saying "facts" a lot but I haven't suggested any character and say they are backed by them. :confused:

As for that list, Earthbound is probably right but my personal bias doesn't want that to be true. Lol. I am not certain about Warioware though. I think there is still a reasonable possibility for another character to be added from the Wario series.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I like how pretty random words are underlined as incorrect or something.

-Yoshi's Island
-Kirby
-EarthBound (MOTHER)
-WarioWare
-Pikmin
Agree with Yoshi, Kirby and EarthBound. WarioWare and Pikmin are still possible... maybe not so much, but yep.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I can't tell if this is directed at me or not mostly because I have been saying "facts" a lot but I haven't suggested any character and say they are backed by them. :confused:

As for that list, Earthbound is probably right but my personal bias doesn't want that to be true. Lol. I am not certain about Warioware though. I think there is still a reasonable possibility for another character to be added from the Wario series.
It wasn't directed at you... in fact I didn't direct it at anyone specifically, don't worry. And I wouldn't say there is a reasonable possibility of another Wario character making an appearance. It's probably the most likely out of any that I put on that list, but I feel like the chances are still small.

I know my third party additions are unlikely, but I'm hopeful enough to include them in my roster.
I like the Mario series and Donkey Kong is reasonable, but I really doubt we'll see Kamek. The Yoshi series on it's own isn't expansive enough past it's root (the Mario series) to be granted a second character, and Kamek isn't exactly an iconic character in the Mario/Yoshi series. As much as I hate to admit it, Tingle actually stands a somewhat reasonable chance, but Skull Kid's time is up. Pokemon is reasonable besides Hilda... either the new PKMN trianer would replace the current one, or we'll get an actualy Pokemon on it's own to represent the 5th-generation. And Tails is the only third-party character of yours that is unreasonable.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't directed at you... in fact I didn't direct it at anyone specifically, don't worry. And I wouldn't say there is a reasonable possibility of another Wario character making an appearance. It's probably the most likely out of any that I put on that list, but I feel like the chances are still small.
Lol, alright good to know. :)

It's really because of Captain Syrup that I have some doubt about the Wario series. I wouldn't rule it out.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
not good: Kamek, Skull Kid, Hilda, Tom Nook, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Tails... why did you use up space for Zero Suit Samus? just put a 3 point asterisk and mention Zero suit samus is a sub character of Samus.
there, i just cleared up 8 spots on your roster... i would remove the random button and move it somewhere not on the roster... someplace only i seem to know about or has even thought about.

try to come up with 8 other characters for your now refined roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom