• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest Adeleine (the painter in Kirby 64) as an assist trophy. That would be awesome!

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Do you think Ike as a character is qualified to remain ?or is he a goner ? like Roy (despite the fact Roy was a total clone and he was added for advertisement purposes).

If you think Ike will remain,What are your thoughts about his move set and appearance ?

If you think he is a goner,give us a good reason why do you think so ?

(Don't use Roy as your reason because you know Roy was a clone and there is still no known pattern)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do you think Ike as a character is qualified to remain ?or is he a goner ? like Roy (despite the fact Roy was a total clone and he was added for advertisement purposes).

If you think Ike will remain,What are your thoughts about his move set and appearance ?

If you think he is a goner,give us a good reason why do you think so ?

(Don't use Roy as your reason because you know Roy was a clone and there is still no known pattern)
I think I will stay. Like you said, Roy was advertisement and a clone. He was one of the "Forbidden Seven" who almost got programmed into SSBB. Damn you Sonic! He only was in one game right? Ike's position is very different. I think he is a main character, and he has a unique moveset. Only Mewtwo was the non-clone character to get cut. I think Ike will stay, same moveset for the most part. Hopefully we get a third Rep for Fire Emblem, because I like Caeda, Lyn and Micaiah! I would love to see a lance character in smash. I would main her.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I think I will stay. Like you said, Roy was advertisement and a clone. He was one of the "Forbidden Seven" who almost got programmed into SSBB. Damn you Sonic! He only was in one game right? Ike's position is very different. I think he is a main character, and he has a unique moveset. Only Mewtwo was the non-clone character to get cut. I think Ike will stay, same moveset for the most part. Hopefully we get a third Rep for Fire Emblem, because I like Caeda, Lyn and Micaiah! I would love to see a lance character in smash. I would main her.
TBH Fire Emblem franchise surely need a female character to join (i would prefer lyn becuase she can become a fast based fire emblem character and they can make marth more of middle based character) the fact alot of ppl I know think Fire Emblem is a "Gays game" altho no offense to gay ppl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
TBH Fire Emblem franchise surely need a female character to join (i would prefer lyn becuase she can become a fast based fire emblem character and they can make marth more of middle based character) the fact alot of ppl I know think Fire Emblem is a "Gays game" altho no offense to gay ppl.
Haha well, that must be why I like it so much.
I main Zero Suit Marth. . . if you catch my drift.

I would prefer Micaiah or Caeda just because they have less of a chance of being a Marth clone. They use totally different weapons. Caeda has no one to be cloned off of, and you could TRY and make Micaiah a clone of Zelda/Sheik combined maybe. But that doesn't even sound right. So That's why i prefer her. weirdly enough, some people around here do not like Lyn.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Haha well, that must be why I like it so much.
I main Zero Suit Marth. . . if you catch my drift.

I would prefer Micaiah or Caeda just because they have less of a chance of being a Marth clone. They use totally different weapons. Caeda has no one to be cloned off of, and you could TRY and make Micaiah a clone of Zelda/Sheik combined maybe. But that doesn't even sound right. So That's why i prefer her. weirdly enough, some people around here do not like Lyn.
Well if you think about it that way it's fine with me ,but still don't you think it's a bit too much to put a mounted unit ?

I believe I read something about sakurai saying that brawl gave nothing new to the series and he is planning to make the next installment on the Wii successor and the game is going to have new features and stuff.

with such statement I think he will think twice before making clones specially having complains since melee about the clones.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
As I see it, the situation with Ike is anyones guess. He may be his own character but he still fights a lot like Marth and it's undeniable that he was only there in a promotional appearance. This would point towards him leaving but (from what I gather) he has a lot more importance within his series than Marth at the minute. Now, both characters could stay but who's to say Marth is safe either, now that he hasn't got a major part in his own series anymore?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
As I see it, the situation with Ike is anyones guess. He may be his own character but he still fights a lot like Marth and it's undeniable that he was only there in a promotional appearance. This would point towards him leaving but (from what I gather) he has a lot more importance within his series than Marth at the minute. Now, both characters could stay but who's to say Marth is safe either, now that he hasn't got a major part in his own series anymore?
To counter your argument, about Ike fighting like marth that's tottaly false the only thing they share is one thing and that's the the counter attack other than that they are in a different position. And I don't think Ike was added for promotional reasons because the game he took part on was way before Smash and it was on the GC and if you were talking about the second game, his appearance totally changed in the second game the only resemblance is the face.

IMHO I think Ike was added for the sake of his character as a matter of fact I think he is the first and only(I guess ) Fire Emblem character who got a signature move which define him and that is the core of SSB "signature moves".

Marth :

this character have a big of chance for a comeback because he had 2 remakes in the DS and he have a new charactristic.

this Idea just popped in my mind:

The latest fire emblem game featured Character creation but the characters had base features anyway I think sakurai might add these characters as male/female changing
and maybe this character might replace Ike.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I think Ike is here to stay. It's rare for a character to be removed without a replacement, and unless they go back to Roy, they don't have one.

Plus, he really brings in an element most other characters lack. He's a slow-moving powerhouse with ridiculous range - he's a high risk-high reward character. Sure, there are powerhouses, and sure, some characters have amazing range, but Ike is the only character to have both. At least in my eyes.

DemonDream

Smash Rookie
If Nintendo were smart, they'd keep Ike. Why should he have to go after only being in one SSB game? Better yet, why did that one dude say Ike is a clone of Marth? Marth is a fast character with a pretty unique moveset ad a guy who everyone calls a *girl* (Which gets me very angry). Ike is a character who is slow but powerful in more ways than one! Ike has strength and intelligence which really helps someone who can probably knock you out while your at 50% in one hit! (Depending on the stage, character, and excluding power-ups) I'm not just saying this because if Ike weren't in the next SSB, I'd probably go on a full-fledge rampage, I'm saying this because not too many people like Ike.

P.S. Ike is probably like... the 2nd or 3rd best character in the game IMO.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Both Roy and Ike are -- as far as I can tell, anyway -- good enough to return. Also for the record, Roy wasn't an advertisement any more than the rest of the cast, and being a clone didn't stop several other characters from returning.

On that note, consider all the things Mewtwo had (has?) going for him, then compare him to Ike. Not to say Ike won't return, but there's nothing special about him to qualify as a free pass.

Has Anyone played the New Donkey Kong?, Do you think they can find a spot for the Tiki Villian, i think he'd be great
Considering his design/fighting style and the general non-interest for the Tikis from fans, I doubt it.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
In the New kid icarus Trailer The Eggplant Wizard looks like a Total badass. If that game goes over well, i think he would have a Good Chance of getting in.

The only reason why i say the Tiki Tong is becasue K.Rule wasn't the Bad Guy in the last Donkey Kong game, that makes me think there not going to put him in anymore Donkey Games.....So i dont think he'll get into the Next SSB.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In the New kid icarus Trailer The Eggplant Wizard looks like a Total badass. If that game goes over well, i think he would have a Good Chance of getting in.

The only reason why i say the Tiki Tong is becasue K.Rule wasn't the Bad Guy in the last Donkey Kong game, that makes me think there not going to put him in anymore Donkey Games.....So i dont think he'll get into the Next SSB.
Remember Vaati? Majora? Wart? Smithy? Dark Samus? Count Blek?

AlKrauser

Smash Cadet
they need to add quick controller change options, such as removing rumble and tap jump.
add the ability to edit the built in stages, not just make your own.
a pokemon and assist trophy toggle would be nice.
ganondorf needs his own moveset
fire emblem needs 4 characters (marth, ike, roy, lyn would work well)
sheik and zelda need to not rely on each other
metroid needs more representation, dark samus and ridley would be good editions.
waluigi needs to be a playable character.
the characters need to be better balanced

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
For me the best Ideas to make Smash better are the following:

1. If they made every single clone into a costume, for example they can make Toon Link a costume for normal Link I know it will look weird but programming wise I think it's possiple .

2.Custom Robo must have a representative because it's one of the few nintendo battle game.

3. It would be beneficial if they removed 3rd party character because what ever I saw in brawl, is these characters don't go along with nintendo characters.

4. If they kept the 3rd party representative I would realy like to see a capcom representative (Mega man, Ryu,... etc )

5.They have to put this character back in but not as a clone.

Young Link (Majora Link)

Moves:

Option 1:

Side-B: Goron mask rollout.

UP-B :Zora Dolphin jump (similar to marth's)

Down-B: (filler)

Final-Smash : Feirce Deity Link xD that would be awesome tbh.

Option 2 :

He become like Pokemon Trainer

Down-b : Change mask

into:

Goron

Sword and shield link

and a Zora.

and his final smash : Feirce Deity mask.

6. Ike must get a new look TBH :

Radiant Dawn Ike :)

with a new final smash because I feel gr8 Aether is so absurd (despite the fact it looks cool).

Final Smash proposal is :

He calls upon the powers of Yune the chaos goddess and he gain cloack of blue flame making his moves more powerful and with the ranged attack.

this is my drawing for such a move :

and this is the real scene for the final strike from Radiant Dawn *SPOILER ALERT*:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoZwcTJBAM

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
they need to add quick controller change options, such as removing rumble and tap jump.
add the ability to edit the built in stages, not just make your own.
a pokemon and assist trophy toggle would be nice.
ganondorf needs his own moveset
fire emblem needs 4 characters (marth, ike, roy, lyn would work well)
sheik and zelda need to not rely on each other
metroid needs more representation, dark samus and ridley would be good editions.
waluigi needs to be a playable character.
the characters need to be better balanced
Guys, about Roy I don't see him coming back it would be absurd if they brought Roy back. Unless they did the costume Idea they would put alot of characters just with marth with out wasting a character slot.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I don't see Tiki Tong making an appearance outside of a trophy, so I don't think HE will be involved. I do think that those possessed wooden sculptures will have SOME prominence, however- especially in a new DK level, music, and trophies. They kinda grow on you after a while and they make more sense.

Regardless, if the DK series does get a new Smash fighter, K.Rool is the best choice as a villain. Ghastly King is a demonic gorilla, and Tiki Tong would be a VERY unconventional fighter- the people who saw/ faced him know why. Even though Ghastly looks NOTHING like DK, he's still a Kong, and having the DK series feature apes only is like the Mario series only featuring plumbers in overalls (no Peach, no Bowser; just the Mario and Wario Bros.). And Tiki Tong would need a new body to work as a character. Both of these villains also need to shrink too.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Young Link and Toon link are like the same person, no need for one of them to be a costume for the other.

Idk If they'll put King K. Rule in becasue something tells me hes not going to be in anymore games.

If Mario was to go as far to have 6 reps they should go with Paper mario and Boswer Jr.

This means Zelda would need a New Rep, maybe Toon Zelda/Ghost or Toon Ganadarwf?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Zelda gets a new slot, it better not be a Toon Clone. >.> Vaati, Majora, Byrne, Tingle. . . . anyone else really?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not using two swords isn't the same as not using one. He's still not a clone.
But it is. If they can get away with making Toon Link a clone of Link AND Young Link then they can do it with toon Ganon. What about the almost clone, Toon Zelda/Sheik?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Nah, I'm sure they won't make that many leprechauns running around the battlefield. Though Toon Ganondorf might be interesting.

DemonDream

Smash Rookie
Tetra and Toon Ganondorf? I don't know... Toon Link doesn't role so well with SSB fans. Sure, Toon Link was a clone of Link, but what about young link? He was a SUPER clone! Toon Link doesn't play exactly like Link like Young Link did! Yet, many people want young link back!

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well, Young Link is considered to be the True Link by some people, but I feel that Toon Link better represents the 'Toon' side of Zelda.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
On another note, my poll has reached 100 votes, and I'm excited to show off my top "Fan Top 50" roster.

Select Screen was finished, until I messed it up. -.-

Before you read this, note that the majority of people who took this poll are Smashboard and Deviantart users. I'll have a few more notes at the end of the list along with my final opinion.

Mario Series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Toad
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Kirby Series:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Legend Of Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorft/Ganon (non-clone)
Toon Link

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer Red
Plusle/Minun
Pichu
Zoroark

Metroid Series:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Mother Series:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem Series:
Marth
Ike
Roy
Lyn

Star Fox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Smaller Franchises:
Ice Cimbers
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
Pit
Olimar
Little Mac
Isaac
Tom Nook
Starfy

Third-Party Characters:
Megaman
Sonic
Snake

All in all the roster is decent, if I had my way i would ex a Mario character, three pokemon, a F-Zero, and add more to other smaller series.

NOW, if i did this coreectly, there should be 53 characters on here. Unfortunetly things like ties do happen, and this was unnavoidable. Tom Nook, Black Shadow, Lyn, and Zoroark all tied for 50th place. So this is how those characters will work. When developing a real game, any time left over could be used to make clones. This is rules for ties.

The first two character over fifty will be allowed "Half clones", the rest from there are regular pichu/roy/Dr. Mario clones.

Tom Nook IS number 50, so he isn't a clone.
Lyn is a half clone of Marth
Zoroark is a half Clone of Lucario
Black Shadow takes Ganondorf's old moveset.

*This Ganon is SPECIFICALLY NON CLONE GANON)

That's that!

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Im not saying to Put Toon Ganon as a Clone...cleary i would want him to be Differnt and how can they do that.........? by Giving him his Two swords! Its not like this is a sure thing to happen guys lol im only saying what i hope to see.

As for the whole toon Link, Young Link thing Goes, i think Toon Links better becasue it shows the other Fraction of the zelda series. Its Like what Paper Mario would Do as a rep for the Mario series, its a differnt showing of Mario, but its all within the same franchise.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Cranky Kong

Concerning more rep for the DK series:

Seeing as how K. Rool took his permanent leave of absence and the DK island renovations left quite a few members of the DK family MIA, my hopes rise for one fighter who can show you how to truly get things done: Cranky Kong.

Cranky Kong's fighting style would be quite simple, actually. His playstyle would consist of one thing: sitting in his rocking chair and waving his cane around. That's right, Cranky Kong, kicking it back on a floating platform with any Pokemon Trainers that happen to be present in the battle. This is because he will use the ANIMAL BUDDIES to fight!

Functioning very similar to Pokemon Trainer, Cranky and the animal buddies (Squawks the parrot, Squitter the spider, and Rambi the rhino, in that order) would be a triple-character that swaps between each other by disappearing into their respective animal buddy barrels as the next animal in line prepares to burst out of their barrel.

Squawks would be an aerial character with a number of jumps and a recovery that lets him flap his wings and continue flying (see: Pit). His neutral B would be an egg spit, and his side B could be something like throwing a barrel with his talons.

Squitter would be a farily campy medium-sized fighter who uses web platforms to stand and shoot out offensive webs like a turret. He would most likely have a tether recovery where he shoots a web at the ledge. This would be complimented by his ability to make web platforms (though he can't tether to them). The platorms would be side B and neutral would be the regular web spit.

Rambi the rhino is a heavyweight. I mean, he's a flippin' rhinocerous! I'm at a loss for a recovery for him other than his little horn thrust, so that may be it. He'd have his classic charge (with foot stomping and everything) and some other move that fits or compliments him. Not quite sure.

Their final smash would also be similar to Pokemon Trainer's. Rambi would be on the ground level, stomping his foot and preparing to charge. Squitter would be about a Ganon or two off the ground on a web platform, shooting out webs in all directions, and Squawks would be flying near the top of the stage, raining eggs down like bombs onto the stage. Then Rambi would charge and KO anyone he hits and the firing would cease.

Sorry, went a bit crazy there. Opinions? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom