• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Concerning more rep for the DK series:

Seeing as how K. Rool took his permanent leave of absence and the DK island renovations left quite a few members of the DK family MIA, my hopes rise for one fighter who can show you how to truly get things done: Cranky Kong.

Cranky Kong's fighting style would be quite simple, actually. His playstyle would consist of one thing: sitting in his rocking chair and waving his cane around. That's right, Cranky Kong, kicking it back on a floating platform with any Pokemon Trainers that happen to be present in the battle. This is because he will use the ANIMAL BUDDIES to fight!

Functioning very similar to Pokemon Trainer, Cranky and the animal buddies (Squawks the parrot, Squitter the spider, and Rambi the rhino, in that order) would be a triple-character that swaps between each other by disappearing into their respective animal buddy barrels as the next animal in line prepares to burst out of their barrel.

Squawks would be an aerial character with a number of jumps and a recovery that lets him flap his wings and continue flying (see: Pit). His neutral B would be an egg spit, and his side B could be something like throwing a barrel with his talons.

Squitter would be a farily campy medium-sized fighter who uses web platforms to stand and shoot out offensive webs like a turret. He would most likely have a tether recovery where he shoots a web at the ledge. This would be complimented by his ability to make web platforms (though he can't tether to them). The platorms would be side B and neutral would be the regular web spit.

Rambi the rhino is a heavyweight. I mean, he's a flippin' rhinocerous! I'm at a loss for a recovery for him other than his little horn thrust, so that may be it. He'd have his classic charge (with foot stomping and everything) and some other move that fits or compliments him. Not quite sure.

Their final smash would also be similar to Pokemon Trainer's. Rambi would be on the ground level, stomping his foot and preparing to charge. Squitter would be about a Ganon or two off the ground on a web platform, shooting out webs in all directions, and Squawks would be flying near the top of the stage, raining eggs down like bombs onto the stage. Then Rambi would charge and KO anyone he hits and the firing would cease.

Sorry, went a bit crazy there. Opinions? :awesome:
Dude...Im part of MYM. Would you mind if I took you're idea and made a full moveset out of it?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Go for it :bee:

To be honest, I tried to do one myself and gave up from the amount of effort it took. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Thanks, it may be a while, though, seeing as the contest is nearly over :p

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Guess what guys...
STAGE TIME!!!!

The time where I talk about stages and stuff, and then you also talk about stages and stuff!
So, I'm gonna show off some of my made-up stages...THROUGH ART!

This is Black City/White Forest, form Pokemon Black and White...kinda. The Yellow spots are walkable.
In the middle(That black O there), Zekrom or Reshiram sometimes appears and uses their signature move on the opposite side then the game they're in; Zekrom attacks White Forest, Reshiram attacks Black City, causing heavy damage to anybody in that area. Then after a while of looking cool, they disappear. This would be the stage of Zoroark or whatever other 5th Gen pokemon gets in(Victini, Genesect, Meloette...Vanilluxe?).

I have others, and I'll edit this post as I do those, but I really like this one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've been playing Melee lately, and I think Pichu could be an excellent character if givin the correct fix ups. If he was able to make up for all the things he lacks he could be deadly. If he was to have at least SOME of his moves not requiring him to touch noses with the other characters this would be helpful. "Half-Clone him and give him either variants of Pikachu's moves, or a few new ones. If we kept him extremely light AND fast, but gave him enough range, would anyone mind him returning instead of.... Mewtwo?

Hah. No one will say yes to this. So... I'll make him a moveset. BRB THIS WILL BE EDITED.

4nace

Smash Ace
I can't see SSB4 being that great if the goal is roster expansion. I mean, there are not too many more characters that MUST be in it. (At least first party) I think that a DS smash would have a bit smaller roster with 4-5 swap outs. And I think a smash on a new system would need some other catch other than just roster and stage expansion in order to get made. Maybe a major new series that needs representation or possibly an alliance with a large third-party like capcom, sega or the like.

What would interest me greatly is if on the next console Sora Ltd. teamed up with Game Freak to release a Pokemon Smash Bros. Maybe something with just the first 150 and a decent amount of clones (evolutions etc) That series has so many available characters / unique ideas that it could make for an amazing game with amazing replayability. Add some RPG / Leveling to the single and or multi player and it would probably be my ideal game haha.

Anyway, I am hoping we see another smash bros soon. I would totally buy a 3DS for it. I would also buy the system after the wii for it =P.

-4nace

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Well with something like roster expansion there will be a need for variety instead of just going for throwing random characters in. and the expansion in roster size from the n64 smash to brawl hasnt been that large so i dont see anymore than maybe 50+ getting into brawl.

Not many thrid party characters were in brawl but having third party characters would look great and add more variety.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Hah. No one will say yes to this. So... I'll make him a moveset. BRB THIS WILL BE EDITED.
I actually would say yes to this as Pichu was my main back in Melee. He is undeniably strong, but what brings him down is the large amount of faults that he also brings along in melee.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I loved to laugh at Pichu so I'm torn, do I want a good fun character who I dislike outside of smash (Mewtwo) or a hilarious one who I also dislike outside of smash (Pichu)?

And as for stages, I want a fight on top of the planes in Diddy Kong Racing's Hot Top Volcano stage (known as "Dino Domain: Hot Top Volcano" if need be). It would of course have hazards such as the planes crashing and/or being shot at by one another and small bursts of lava flying up (mario style). The base of the stage would be like brinstar.

Now that Diddy is in the series, I want his best game represented and represented right.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
And as for stages, I want a fight on top of the planes in Diddy Kong Racing's Hot Top Volcano stage (known as "Dino Domain: Hot Top Volcano" if need be). It would of course have hazards such as the planes crashing and/or being shot at by one another and small bursts of lava flying up (mario style). The base of the stage would be like brinstar.

Now that Diddy is in the series, I want his best game represented and represented right.
That would be Awsome!, if there is a New Game, i cant wait to see what they do For mario Galaxy. I Would like to Hope Legend of zelda spirit tracks will get a Stage as well as Skysword.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pichu Half Clone:

NeutralSp: Thundershock (Same as Pikachu's)

UpSp: Quick attack (Same as Pikachu's but like foxes move, when he goes across you it inflicts damage)

Down Special: Rain Dance: Power's up all electrical moves by Pichu. I would make a small raincloud go above him, and procude rain for a few seconds, even after the skip-hop dance is done. The effects only last a minute, so it must be repeated. And get used to a slippery stage because for ten seconds after rain dance, the stage is wet.

OverSp: Discharge. Works like Thunderbolt, except without the bolt. Pichu lets electricity off from his body like he does w/ thunderbolt, only it reaches a little further.

...and no hurting itself! Add that to him with a tad better range and he's his own man!

Just made this interesting Vs. Series Poll thingy. I think you'll like it!
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/519841

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I really hate the idea of pichu tbh it serve 0 purposes , it was only on smash because he was the mascot of the latest generation. So if pichu was added now it will serve no purposes nor advertisement and he doesnt play a big role in the latest generation and if u think about it mechanics wise it's a bit stupid to put 2 electric pokemon in one game and the slots aren't much.

And btw who ever think about characters that will come back after being excluded from brawl don't get your hope so high, because developers aren't stupid enough to re-invite someone they kicked out, all of them were a total clone in every single way same character u can say except for Mewtwo they didn't bring mew two back because Lucario had so many similareties with him.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Why? That was his biggest flaw. And it isn't even accurate by Smash's standards. It's something from the anime, not the games.
BTW the only game that was taken from the anime is pokemon so anime say what pokemon will be in and what will be out Zoroark have big chances since she was the main pokemon in a move and she's non-legendary.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Why? That was his biggest flaw.
And wasn't working around that what the character was all about? Pichu should be able to make up for it in other ways (rain dance seems a good one) but he should keep the self harming drawback no matter what. It made him unique.
On another note, if quick attack harms, the damage should be equal to the damage that Pichu takes. It adds a certain sense of symmetry to the move.
Also, maybe change Pikachu's UpB to match squirtle's.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I really hate the idea of pichu tbh it serve 0 purposes , it was only on smash because he was the mascot of the latest generation. So if pichu was added now it will serve no purposes nor advertisement and he doesnt play a big role in the latest generation and if u think about it mechanics wise it's a bit stupid to put 2 electric pokemon in one game and the slots aren't much.

And btw who ever think about characters that will come back after being excluded from brawl don't get your hope so high, because developers aren't stupid enough to re-invite someone they kicked out, all of them were a total clone in every single way same character u can say except for Mewtwo they didn't bring mew two back because Lucario had so many similareties with him.

Lucario and Mewtwo share ONE ****ING MOVE

Thats like saying Fox and ZSS are similar because they both have laser guns

@Pichu Discussion:
I'd love to see a mix of Lucario and Pichu's Ideas come to fruition, Hurting itself to become powerful

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet
Pichu Half Clone:

NeutralSp: Thundershock (Same as Pikachu's)

UpSp: Quick attack (Same as Pikachu's but like foxes move, when he goes across you it inflicts damage)

Down Special: Rain Dance: Power's up all electrical moves by Pichu. I would make a small raincloud go above him, and procude rain for a few seconds, even after the skip-hop dance is done. The effects only last a minute, so it must be repeated. And get used to a slippery stage because for ten seconds after rain dance, the stage is wet.

OverSp: Discharge. Works like Thunderbolt, except without the bolt. Pichu lets electricity off from his body like he does w/ thunderbolt, only it reaches a little further.

...and no hurting itself! Add that to him with a tad better range and he's his own man!

Just made this interesting Vs. Series Poll thingy. I think you'll like it!
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/519841

Don´t forget of final smash. This one could work:

Final Smash: Volt Tackle(Pichu):

This one is going to be based on the one that Pikachu uses in the anime, not the one from Brawl. Pichu starts running and gains static, then it becomes an electric missile that jumps and strikes up to 2 smashers at a fast speed, stopping besides the last platform, allowing Pichu to jump to safety. Each hit does 30% damage with good knockback, and the static left behind paralyses the enemies dealing them 20% damage without knockback. Good if used from the edge of the stage(the solid part, of course).:)

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Wait. People actually liked pichu in melee?
Yes, there are. Just because some people don't like one thing doesn't mean everyone else hates it as well. Personally, I felt unique while using Pichu as there were very few Pichu users back in the time (and he is pretty good when you get over his self damaging effect).

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Yes, there are. Just because some people don't like one thing doesn't mean everyone else hates it as well. Personally, I felt unique while using Pichu as there were very few Pichu users back in the time (and he is pretty good when you get over his self damaging effect).
I know that much but in all honesty pichu wasnt all that great imo. It was a joke. I just dont see pichu coming back for any reason

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And wasn't working around that what the character was all about? Pichu should be able to make up for it in other ways (rain dance seems a good one) but he should keep the self harming drawback no matter what. It made him unique.
On another note, if quick attack harms, the damage should be equal to the damage that Pichu takes. It adds a certain sense of symmetry to the move.
Also, maybe change Pikachu's UpB to match squirtle's.
No,that's just dumb. I'm sorry but to keep the biggest flaw Pichu had and just say "It made him unique" is a bad idea. Him damaging himself is the reason why he is such a low tier. How do you expect a character to do well in a fighting game when it damages itself?

No damaging himself!

BTW the only game that was taken from the anime is pokemon so anime say what pokemon will be in and what will be out Zoroark have big chances since she was the main pokemon in a move and she's non-legendary.
Wrong. The Games came first. Anime second. Besides, you're forgetting that Pichu is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time. Zoroark is not. And in all honesty, Smash isn't about "Advertisement". I think Zoroark is a good candidate, but both Pichu and Mewtwo are perfectly fine as well.

Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, File PRA-MIA, and Toon Zelda/Sheik were found in brawl. These characters were most likely not worked much or not worked on at all. The characters were probably back up clones put their in case they needed to beef up the roster. We can assume that Dixie and Mewtwo were exceptions. Mewtwo isn't a clone character, and Dixie was going to be part of Dixie/Diddy Team up. Both Roy, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario were considered to be in brawl, and Nintendo probably knows that fans were majorly dissapointed that Mewtwo and Roy didn't make it in. You can't count them out. Especially when taking into consideration the fact that Mewtwo had been worked on. He had noises/music and other things.

You can't count Mewtwo and Roy out. I dislike Zoroark because of the fact that he could be increadibly similar to Mewtwo and Lucario.

It was a joke. I just dont see pichu coming back for any reason
You haven't seen a good Pichu player then.

Erg. I am done. :)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
No,that's just dumb. I'm sorry but to keep the biggest flaw Pichu had and just say "It made him unique" is a bad idea. Him damaging himself is the reason why he is such a low tier. How do you expect a character to do well in a fighting game when it damages itself?

No damaging himself!

Wrong. The Games came first. Anime second. Besides, you're forgetting that Pichu is one of the most popular Pokemon of all time. Zoroark is not. And in all honesty, Smash isn't about "Advertisement". I think Zoroark is a good candidate, but both Pichu and Mewtwo are perfectly fine as well.

Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, File PRA-MIA, and Toon Zelda/Sheik were found in brawl. These characters were most likely not worked much or not worked on at all. The characters were probably back up clones put their in case they needed to beef up the roster. We can assume that Dixie and Mewtwo were exceptions. Mewtwo isn't a clone character, and Dixie was going to be part of Dixie/Diddy Team up. Both Roy, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario were considered to be in brawl, and Nintendo probably knows that fans were majorly dissapointed that Mewtwo and Roy didn't make it in. You can't count them out. Especially when taking into consideration the fact that Mewtwo had been worked on. He had noises/music and other things.

You can't count Mewtwo and Roy out. I dislike Zoroark because of the fact that he could be increadibly similar to Mewtwo and Lucario.

You haven't seen a good Pichu player then.

Erg. I am done. :)

I wonder why jigglypu was there and it wasn't that famous except in anime jigglypuff was know for he annoyance for ash and his friends.

Mew two starred in a move and his body build were perfect for smash

and btw when lucario was a sillhoute, ppl thought he was a Mew 3 or someting like that so don't say lucario and mew two aren't similar. ppl try to think in a more general way don't think in a closed box the character make the moves the moves don't make the character.

Pichu and dr.mario were the worst ideas ever done in smash TBH i rather more variation of characters not a total clone. Atleast a clone that have a diffrent look than the characters.

P.S:

Don't make bold statements about something you barely know, there is a total proof that alot of smash is only for advertisment and alot of serieses were resructed by smash, such as Fire Emblem (it was only an introduction for worldwide release) and Kid Icarus. Still we can't figure a pattern from 2 sequels so the next installment shall reveal
the pattern of SSB and if there was alot changes in the next SSB than that conclusion that SSB is unpredictable.

Edit: I just found out there was some files that weren't included that sound amazing that Roy and Mew two were there, that mean sakurai only took away one character than and it's pichu.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Personaly i think Pokemon Should have 6 Reps. Each Type would get a Rep.

Electric : Pikachu

Fire : Charizard

Water : Marshtomp

Grass : Turtwig Or Chikorita

Physic : Mewtwo

Normal : Jigglypuff

Note : All these Pokemon would be there own Character

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I wonder why jigglypu was there and it wasn't that famous except in anime jigglypuff was know for he annoyance for ash and his friends.

Mew two starred in a move and his body build were perfect for smash

and btw when lucario was a sillhoute, ppl thought he was a Mew 3 or someting like that so don't say lucario and mew two aren't similar. ppl try to think in a more general way don't think in a closed box the character make the moves the moves don't make the character.

Pichu and dr.mario were the worst ideas ever done in smash TBH i rather more variation of characters not a total clone. Atleast a clone that have a diffrent look than the characters.

P.S:

Don't make bold statements about something you barely know, there is a total proof that alot of smash is only for advertisment and alot of serieses were resructed by smash, such as Fire Emblem (it was only an introduction for worldwide release) and Kid Icarus. Still we can't figure a pattern from 2 sequels so the next installment shall reveal
the pattern of SSB and if there was alot changes in the next SSB than that conclusion that SSB is unpredictable.

Edit: I just found out there was some files that weren't included that sound amazing that Roy and Mew two were there, that mean sakurai only took away one character than and it's pichu.

I'm guessing you are American. Jigglypuff, FE, Pichu(the FAVORITE POKEMON OF THE POKEMON CREATOR HIMSELF), Kid Icarus, and Mewtwo are VERY POPULAR in Japan, the country that Sakurai, ya know, Lives in. Quit generalizing and making bold statements you can't back up. And for the last time:
LUCARIO AND MEWTWO ARE NOTHING ALIKE.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm guessing you are American. Jigglypuff, FE, Pichu(the FAVORITE POKEMON OF THE POKEMON CREATOR HIMSELF), Kid Icarus, and Mewtwo are VERY POPULAR in Japan, the country that Sakurai, ya know, Lives in. Quit generalizing and making bold statements you can't back up. And for the last time:
LUCARIO AND MEWTWO ARE NOTHING ALIKE.
Dude i've been tracking pokemon news since the announcement of gold and silve and I saw every single sillhoute of pokemon and when Lucario's came it was speculated that it was the mew 3 and stuff all tho I never got fooled with such crap. Anyways I told you that such thing as predicting new character is not stable u can't figure a pattern and don't argue like that I was giving a point that maybe sakurai used to put a single link between both pokemon.

AND BTW :

who knows that Sakurai is going to direct the next game ?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Personaly i think Pokemon Should have 6 Reps. Each Type would get a Rep.

Electric : Pikachu

Fire : Charizard

Water : Marshtomp

Grass : Turtwig Or Chikorita

Physic : Mewtwo

Normal : Jigglypuff

Note : All these Pokemon would be there own Character
there alot of types in pokemon. Until now pokemon the chosen character in pokemon had solid anime representation with except of Pokemon trainer altho it's like a fundemental for pokemon the starters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't think you get it. With Pikachu and most of the other characters you can spam moves endlessly until your opponent presents an opening. If Pichu does that, he dies. This means that a Pichu player has to make every move count, be it by actually doing damage or just singlehandedly setting up a great hit.
What makes Pichu an interesting character is that this one flaw means the player has to think entirely differently. Despite their characters being practically the same, a Pichu player and a Pikachu player will play very differently, even if they both switch to Fox.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think you get it. With Pikachu and most of the other characters you can spam moves endlessly until your opponent presents an opening. If Pichu does that, he dies. This means that a Pichu player has to make every move count, be it by actually doing damage or just singlehandedly setting up a great hit.
What makes Pichu an interesting character is that this one flaw means the player has to think entirely differently. Despite their characters being practically the same, a Pichu player and a Pikachu player will play very differently, even if they both switch to Fox.
If you want to make a character like that, make them a high risk-high reward character. Don't make them cut their wrists just for attacking. That's just bad game design because barely anyone will want to play that character.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would rather have a Pichu that may be weak and have a slight lack on range, but can make up for that with Rain Dance Powering up his moves versus a suicide character. High Risk/High Reward would be different. I wouldn't mind him having a move like Jiggs sleep, that move is HIGH risk, but HIGH reward.

And No, it makes sense why all the characters you mention in smash were in smash. Let's go down the roster, shall we?

Pichu, Lucario, and Roy were in there because of their new games. Pit was added because Sakurai was working on a new Kid Icarus game. You make it seem like the characters were added because these series needed more fans/ no real reason when really all for of them had a better reason then advertisement. Again, Pichu IS one of the most popular Pokemon, I don't think it's debatable. Same goes for every Pokemon (Minus Ivysaur) that was ever playable in smash.

You can't really argue that any Non-Retro characters added into smash weren't relevant or Popular. I don't make BOLD statements unless I know what I'm talking about. So there.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wario.
Who wanted him?

And back to the Pichu discussion: I see Rain Dance working to up his damage to self harm ratio quite nicely. As I saw it he had both speed and deceptive range as well as little lag on most of his moves but was lacking in damage (prior to rain dance) and paid a high price for his advantages in the form of the self harm.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wario.
Who wanted him?.
Me. Even as an Eight Year old playing melee and making my own personal roster. However, I didn't want what we got in brawl. That's for Cat sure.

And as much as I hate to bring it up, many people on here believe that the "Big Eight" should ALL be in smash. Though I believe this big eight is out dated. >.<

And back to the Pichu discussion: I see Rain Dance working to up his damage to self harm ratio quite nicely. As I saw it he had both speed and deceptive range as well as little lag on most of his moves but was lacking in damage (prior to rain dance) and paid a high price for his advantages in the form of the self harm.[/
I still don't buy it. . . It's like taking left at a fork in the road when everyone in the car is screaming NO! NO! THAT'S THE WRONG WAY! NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom