• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know the rule of the SSB4 thread, say someones name and they Magically appear. . .

KUMA!

You know a lot about street fighter, so I was wondering. . . Do Street Fighter, DarkStalkers, and Rival Schools all play the same? (Love DarkStalkers AND Rival Schools, they need sequals.)

I haven't played them both for a loooong time so I don't really remember.

And now the dudes are linin' up, cuzz they here we got swagger, but we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mike Haggar ;) -Ke$ha

DemonDream

Smash Rookie
I think Paper Mario Should get a Spot in the next game, hes diff got a lot of games to get Moves and Stages from
In my opinion, Paper Mario should be an assist Trophy. Or maybe we could use him, but not in story or subspace. maybe be an extra character like Toon Link and Wolf were?
I know the rule of the SSB4 thread, say someones name and they Magically appear. . .

KUMA!

You know a lot about street fighter, so I was wondering. . . Do Street Fighter, DarkStalkers, and Rival Schools all play the same? (Love DarkStalkers AND Rival Schools, they need sequals.)

Didn't you already mention Rival Schools and Darkstalkers in a previous, long ago post?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
How to dodge this Final Smash : look the opposite way. :laugh:
This is actually quite a smart idea.

Ok, so would shy guy have a type of cinematic smash attack like Captain, or will his face be a dark shadow? If you can't decide, then, by default, reaper suit wins!
I've though about it more and looked deeper into things and realised it would be better if his face was seen. Or more specifically, his lack thereof. If Luigi's Mansion is anything to go by, there is nothing beneath the mask but eye (and possibly mouth) holes.
For this move, the Shy Guy (hereafter known as "Heiho") would reach behind his head and undo the straps, letting his mask fall to the ground. His features, now revealed, are nothing more than an empty void, damaging all that look into them. Each hit would stun slightly but, besides the last one, they would have no more than flinching knockback. At the end, the mask simply reappears on his head.
As jokingly suggested, turning away quickly during the startup would avoid the whole move but a single look would put you in stun, unable to get out of his gaze. I call it "Void Stare"

Other ideas:
Utilt: Stretch - Heiho quickly extends upwards to twice his normal height (hitting once with his head), then returns to normal.
Neutral B: Slingshot - Heiho fires a small pellet from a slingshot. Chargeable. Charging affects distance like Link's bow. Adds minor backward momentum to Heiho. Usable on stilts but causes him to slowly fall backward on them if he doesn't jump off quick.
Dodge/roll/airdodge: Fade Out - Heiho becomes a "Boo Guy" and turns transparent (unhittable). This is Heiho's basic dodge animation and he can use it on stilts but they fall away from underneath him if he does and he loses the bonus jump.
Blocking: Hide - Heiho covers his face with his hands while blocking (otherwise normal).
Jump 1: Ah! - Heiho quickly performs a small jump (about his height or 0.7x if short-hopped) that is similar to the one most Mario enemies do on spotting the player. Little sideways control is possible.
Jump 2: Woozy Flip - Heiho does a larger jump (about 1.5x his height) with a forward flip in the middle. This jump is far more controllable than his first but has a slight forward motion no matter what you do. This is also the jump he performs off of the stilts, going about 1.2x his height if short-hopped.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

KUMA!

And now the dudes are linin' up, cuzz they here we got swagger, but we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mike Haggar ;) -Ke$ha
I haven't played Darkstalkers or Rival Schools. What I do know is that Rival Schools is a 3D fighter along the lines of Tekken which means it plays barely anything like Street Fighter. Darkstalkers plays more like games like Guilty Gear and Blazblue. So, they're all different types of fighters.

And you let Mike Haggar in because he's the President of the ****ing Earth. He can do whatever the hell he wants.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I have 1 Idea that would revolutionize the SSB franchise. It will affect every aspect of the game. The Idea is a content downloader channel. I'll call it the new challenger channel. SSB4 will have the ability to down load it for free built in. Everything on the channel is free, however, to down load things, you must earn points by doing things in game(ex. unlocking things, fighting etc.). You would be able to download stages, characters, items, trophies, stickers and anything else.
Another game-changer is my plans for the pokemon trainer. Rather than having three pokemon, he would have 15 standard plus more downloadable from the NCC. You would choose 3-6 to go into a match.
My third big idea is a custom character maker. They would be miis. You could choose from a variety of different attacks to assign to each attack.

Characters:
Paper Mario (standard)
Mewtwo(standard)
Waluigi(standard)
Wolf Link and Midna(standard)
Slippy(unsure)
Krystal(unsure)
Roy(unsure)
Ridley(unsure)
King Boo(downloadable)
ROB(downloadable)
Lucario(downloadable)
Obviously, there are many other possibilities.

Pokemon Trainer pokemon
Can't even begin to make a possible list here but I have a few Ideas.
Squirtle
Charizard
Ivysaur
Cyndaquil
Feraligatr
Bayleef
Treecko
Marshstomp
Blaziken
Piplup
Torterra
Monferno
And many many others.

Mr. 0

Smash Rookie
Here's my idea for a roster. I personally think the next game will be called Super Smash Bros. Clash. It's a combination of a personal wishlist as well as some suggestions that make sense.

*=Unlockable
Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario*-I could possibly see him as a character, honestly. I think it'd be neat to play as a lighter, faster Bowser. He'd have different moves though, don't get me wrong. Just a similar playing-style.
Daisy*-Not all that likely, but she'd be in her Strikers uniform and be more of a close-combat fighter as opposed to Peach's fighting style

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Toon Link*
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf*
Tingle-I don't particularly want him to be a playable character, but I think he'd be the most likely if they put in another Zelda character, unless Midna returned in another game.

Kirby Series:
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Funky Kong *-Definitely not very likely, but it'd be cool to play as him.
King K. Rool-He's pretty top on my list for SSB4.

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark*-Obviously the replacement for Lucario, unless Gen 6 is coming when SSB4 comes out.

Fire Emblem Series:
*Marth
Ike
Newest Fire Emblem hero-Ike and Marth will definitely stay, so I'd like to have the newest Fire Emblem lord to join the brawl.

Yoshi Series:Yoshi

F-Zero series:
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow* I personally think it'd be great to have another villain character. I don't know much about F-Zero, though.

Wario Series:
Wario
Ashley*-With that wand, she'd definitely be something. Too bad it won't happen.
Captain Syrup-As I said before, it won't happen. Maybe as an Assist Trophy, though.

Other Characters:
Pit
Game & Watch *
Ice Climbers
Lip-Oh, how I pine for this.
Isaac-I'd like to see Golden Sun have a character, even though I don't play it.
R.O.B*
Olimar*
Little Mac-Pretty much a given, I think.

Metroid Series:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Mother series:
Ness*
Lucas

Starfox Series:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf
Leon*-Fox has an ally, so why not Wolf?

Guest Characters:
Sonic
Tails*-I'm really iffy about a guest character having another representative, so this is only if Sakurai allowed that.
Snake
Raiden*-Read above.
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)*Too bad he's an A-17 character and not first-party. I'd love to see him in SSB4. Sure, they'd have to tone down his language, but it'd just be great to play as him.
Megaman*-Need I say more?

DemonDream

Smash Rookie
I have 1 Idea that would revolutionize the SSB franchise. It will affect every aspect of the game. The Idea is a content downloader channel. I'll call it the new challenger channel. SSB4 will have the ability to down load it for free built in. Everything on the channel is free, however, to down load things, you must earn points by doing things in game(ex. unlocking things, fighting etc.). You would be able to download stages, characters, items, trophies, stickers and anything else.
Another game-changer is my plans for the pokemon trainer. Rather than having three pokemon, he would have 15 standard plus more downloadable from the NCC. You would choose 3-6 to go into a match.
My third big idea is a custom character maker. They would be miis. You could choose from a variety of different attacks to assign to each attack.

Characters:
Paper Mario (standard)
Mewtwo(standard)
Waluigi(standard)
Wolf Link and Midna(standard)
Slippy(unsure)
Krystal(unsure)
Roy(unsure)
Ridley(unsure)
King Boo(downloadable)
ROB(downloadable)
Lucario(downloadable)
Obviously, there are many other possibilities.

Pokemon Trainer pokemon
Can't even begin to make a possible list here but I have a few Ideas.
Squirtle
Charizard
Ivysaur
Cyndaquil
Feraligatr
Bayleef
Treecko
Marshstomp
Blaziken
Piplup
Torterra
Monferno
And many many others.
:urg:As much as I would enjoy ALL of this, you have to look at the problems. Not only will that idea ridicule Nintendo (should Nintendo be stupid enough to do it) they would be losing out on beautiful amounts of money. I'm not saying your idea is stupid, it's just not really common sense.:urg:

And what do the developers get out of adding this extra content on a monthly basis?
Without something in it for them, there is no way that this would happen, atleast not in an ongoing sense.
Listen to this guy! He's a smash ace! ;)

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Here's my idea for a roster. I personally think the next game will be called Super Smash Bros. Clash. It's a combination of a personal wishlist as well as some suggestions that make sense.

*=Unlockable
Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario*-I could possibly see him as a character, honestly. I think it'd be neat to play as a lighter, faster Bowser. He'd have different moves though, don't get me wrong. Just a similar playing-style.
Daisy*-Not all that likely, but she'd be in her Strikers uniform and be more of a close-combat fighter as opposed to Peach's fighting style
I disagree eith both of these newcomers. BJ/SM because the Transformation is completely unnecessary and outdated(Just Junior is pretty much the most likely new Mario character), and Daisy because she appeared in ONE main game. What about Toad, or somebody, y'know, good?

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Toon Link*
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf*
Tingle-I don't particularly want him to be a playable character, but I think he'd be the most likely if they put in another Zelda character, unless Midna returned in another game.
Yes. Although I'd also accept Toon Zelda/Tetra/Phantom Zelda, or even that Skyward Sword Blue girl. Heck, the new bluish guy form the trailer might also work.

Kirby Series:
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight
Yup.

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Funky Kong *-Definitely not very likely, but it'd be cool to play as him.
King K. Rool-He's pretty top on my list for SSB4.
NO to Funky. Like...just no. K. rool would work though; although the japanese think the different K. rools are relatives, so who knows how they'll handle that.

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark*-Obviously the replacement for Lucario, unless Gen 6 is coming when SSB4 comes out.
NO, because seriously? Pokemon series is like, twice as important than Zelda, and about as important as Mario. I prefer an even 5 for each of the big 3. Meowth/Deoxys/Lucario/Plusle&Minun/Mewtwo/Victini/Genesect/just about any major pokemon could work.

Fire Emblem Series:
*Marth
Ike
Newest Fire Emblem hero-Ike and Marth will definitely stay, so I'd like to have the newest Fire Emblem lord to join the brawl.
Agreed, though I usually have placeholders on my rosters, just in case such a new game does not come out.

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi

F-Zero series:
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow* I personally think it'd be great to have another villain character. I don't know much about F-Zero, though.
First rule of F-Zero reps in Smash; Goroh or bust. Second rule; See first rule.

Wario Series:
Wario
Ashley*-With that wand, she'd definitely be something. Too bad it won't happen.
Captain Syrup-As I said before, it won't happen. Maybe as an Assist Trophy, though.
Ashley is a popular choice for no real reason. She's a minor 1-dimensional character from only two games in Wario Ware. Also, Wario doesn't really need 3 reps, especially with Pokemon so lacking. Syrup's alright though; I'd say Paper Mario for a Mario Spinoff character though.

Other Characters:
Pit
Game & Watch *
Ice Climbers
R.O.B*
Olimar*
Little Mac-Pretty much a given, I think.
I'm very against Lip, as Sakurai doesn't like putting JP-only characters in SSB; At this point, the only JP-only character in Brawl is Lucas, and he's a bit too major to leave out. Also, I'd say Muddy Mole is better for a retro puzzle game rep, simply because of Gamboy representing and being a Shigeru Miyamoto character.
I'd love Isaac in Brawl, and have fooled myself into thinking it's likely. So, yesh.
Little Mac I agree with.
Notably missing characters: Starfy, historical Retro character(Diskun, Nester, Rain Man, anybody in the same vein as G&W and ROB).
Like, really, STARFY.

Metroid Series:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Two more characters for both Wario and DK, but no more for metroid? FAIL

Mother series:
Ness*
Lucas

Starfox Series:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf
Leon*-Fox has an ally, so why not Wolf?
New Star fox rep? FAIL. SF is already VERY ovverrepped.

Guest Characters:
Sonic
Tails*-I'm really iffy about a guest character having another representative, so this is only if Sakurai allowed that.
Snake
Raiden*-Read above.
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)*Too bad he's an A-17 character and not first-party. I'd love to see him in SSB4. Sure, they'd have to tone down his language, but it'd just be great to play as him.
Megaman*-Need I say more?
I'm VERY against new reps for third party characters already in the game, so you can imagine how I feel. Although Travis and mega ARE the two most likely 3rd parties in my eyes; unless FFVI gets a 3DS port, in which case Cloud.
Not terrible, but not really amazing.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Bowser Jr. is equally as likely as Toad, so don't put him and Daisy in the same catagory.

Quality vs. Quantity.

Bowser Jr's roles all were much more Important then most, if not all, of toads roles.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
As much as I like to read the same arguments about characters OVER AND OVER AND OVERANDOVERANDOVERANOVRAOVRANDO-

You get the Idea...

So what new locations would people like to see?
Personally, I'd love to see Paper Mario get a stage, and a Traveling Pokemon stage(in the vein of Mute City) from Kanto.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
@Fawfulcopter: Nintendo does not care if every old series gets the same amount of reps (see: both Melee and Brawl).

also, you got the FF numbers wrong.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
They Should Make a legend of zelda Lvl where you Fight on top of a train for spirit tracks

That was A great game. If They were to get 5 Reps, i'd say toon Zelda/Ghost Zelda would be cool

A Mario Galaxy Lvl would be Carzy Good

As to the person that said Boswer Jr/ Shadow Mario is Outdated, not true at all. Mario was Given F.L.O.O.D in this Game. And there was a Luigi's Masion Lvl in this Game.

The last thing is that We need better Costums. Stuff From The Charaters Games.

Like Mario Should Have Costums for all his Suits (bee mario, Racoon, Cloud, Fire, Ice, Dr., Etc.)(same for Luigi)
Link Could have a Coustem where hes not in his Herio Cloths.

And Bring Roy back :c

ryuu seika

Smash Master
@Fawfulcopter &Mr. 0: I'm not sold on the idea of Bowser Jr. but he would be better without the transformation and is the most obvious non-Toad choice (we all know the arguments against Toad).
Phantom Zelda wouldn't work as her own character but could perhaps be used for a move or two if we get Toon Zelda (who is more likely than Tetra). The idea of getting Tingle makes me lol.
I can agree with you on the Kirby series, there's no reason to add to it. If anything, I'd ditch Dedede.
Diddy was annoying so I'm not really in favour of any more DK stuff that isn't specifically from Diddy Kong Racing.
Pokemon I outright disagree with you on. Good old Iconic games should take precedence over a generic kids cartoon that gets rehashed on a yearly basis without any real reason. The only addition to this series I'd like to see is Mewtwo's return as he was actually a good smash character.
Yoshi I feel deserves more.
F-Zero doesn't really have any good characters for smash. Forget Goroh.
Wario was a dumb character in smash and Paper Mario was far more deserving of his spot on the roster.
Starfox isn't over represented. The series is worthy of atleast 4 characters but they should be far more unique than they are now. Leon would be a step in the right direction IMO.
I agree with sticking to one guest per series (perhaps even company) and would like to see Megaman. Cloud can go FF himself though.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Yoshi deserves more reps. His series doesn't get new games and he generally seems to be coming back to belonging to Mario's franchise.
I also believe Wario deserves his place on the roster much more than Paper Mario. He adds variety to it and is better known.
As much as I dislike 1-per-third-party-series rule and think it doesn't make much sense, I'd get to know something about me and my mother for claiming it here... Oops.
It's up to Nintendo (and their business decisions) if they'll use that rule thingy or not. It seems artificial to me.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Pokemon...Pokemon is Nintendo's most popular game franchise with MANY deserving characters that are ripe with potential, psychic types in particular. Its a bit more than a "generic kids cartoon"

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Imma Try to make a roster that most will be happy with:

Mario Series/Spinoff-
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
DK
Diddy
Yoshi
Wario
*Bowser Jr
*Toad

Legend Of Zelda:
Link
Zelda&Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon/Young Link
*Tetra/Skyward Sword Rep.

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jiggs
Pokemon Trainer (Kanto)
Mewtwo
*5/6th Gen Rep

Kirby:
Kirby
D3
Meta Knight

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
*Wolf/Krystal/Slippy Toad

FE:
Marth
Ike
*New FE Lord

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas

Metroid:
Samus
*Ridley/Other M rep

1 per Series Reps:
C. Falcon
Olimar
*Lil Mac
Pit

"Retro"
R.O.B
G&W
Ice Climbers
Baloon Fighter
Excite Biker

3rd Party Candidates
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Travis Touchdown

Possible Upsets:
Kamek
Paper Mario
Tingle
Louie
Goroh
Lip
FF Rep
RE Rep
K. Rool

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
NO ROY!Q!1 FAAetgpjaowpoawj

Not that I really care about Roy, but many want him back.

DemonDream

Smash Rookie
You guys continue to say Travis Touchdown, even though Mega Man has a WAY better chance of getting in. You know why SSBB got rated T for teen? Because they added Snake in there. If they were to have BOTH Travis and Snake, then they have a shot at rated M. Thats my guess, but I feel it's reasonable. I say to just stick with Snake.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Exactly. I don't think Snake's presence would have affected the rating unless he used realistic guns, and Travis would alter the rating if he cursed, and had a lot of perverted representation (gestures, assist trophies, etc). Nintendo could avoid an M rating even with Touchdown in an SSB.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Hm, well here in America it's T. I guess that the ESRB is way off

Mr. 0

Smash Rookie
Imma Try to make a roster that most will be happy with:

Mario Series/Spinoff-
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
DK
Diddy
Yoshi
Wario
*Bowser Jr
*Toad

Legend Of Zelda:
Link
Zelda&Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon/Young Link
*Tetra/Skyward Sword Rep.

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jiggs
Pokemon Trainer (Kanto)
Mewtwo
*5/6th Gen Rep

Kirby:
Kirby
D3
Meta Knight

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
*Wolf/Krystal/Slippy Toad-It would be interesting to see Krystal in SSB4, and it's in need of more female characters. I hear Slippy's really popular in Japan, so he may have a chance, too. I personally think Star Fox deserves four reps though. Wolf should stay.

FE:
Marth
Ike
*New FE Lord

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas

Metroid:
Samus
*Ridley/Other M rep-Apparently Sakurai had said he tried to put Ridley in Brawl or something, but it didn't work. I think it's just a rumour though. I'd love to see Ridley myself. Add in a Metroid Prime Hunters character as an Assist Trophy and I'm sold.

1 per Series Reps:
C. Falcon
Olimar
*Lil Mac-YES.
Pit

"Retro"
R.O.B
G&W
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter-I can't believe I forgot about this guy! Some people might consider him gimmicky, but I think it'd be cool to play as him.
Excite Biker

3rd Party Candidates
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Travis Touchdown-They should include his different styled jackets for his alternate costumes, like his pink Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly jacket. I think he'd make a nice team-up with Snake if there was an adventure mode.

Possible Upsets:
Kamek
Paper Mario-Yes please. Hammer and power jump attacks included. Star Spirits Final Smash?
Tingle
Louie
Goroh
Lip-I'd love to see Lip in the game at least as an Assist Trophy, although I really do want to play as her.
FF Rep-The thing about this is that it would be difficult to choose a character unless it was really iconic, like Moogle or Warrior of Light. As much as I would like to hear FF music in Smash Bros, this is a big if to me.
RE Rep
K. Rool
Comments in the quote. It's nice that everyone's excited for SSB4, despite the fact that we probably won't be seeing it until 2015 or something. :ohwell: Ah well, I can certainly wait. Hopefully Nintendo's next gen console will be able to be compatible with more than four conrollers, so our brawls can be really chaotic.

DemonDream

Smash Rookie
Ok, you know what, fine. You guys can suggest Travis. But don't be mad if he doesn't make it to SSB4. If, for some odd reason, Nintendo puts him in the game, no dialogue should be neccessary for Mr. Touchdown here. I think Nintendo should keep story mode just like Brawl. Where nobody talks! Just screams and grunts and SOME dialogue like Ike or Meta knight.

Oh, let me make it alittle more clear: Dialogue should still continue to be used in fights! I like the mystery that brings Nintendo's heroes together without the use of Dialogue. It gives the game a kinda *interesting sensation*.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Ok, you know what, fine. You guys can suggest Travis. But don't be mad if he doesn't make it to SSB4. If, for some odd reason, Nintendo puts him in the game, no dialogue should be neccessary for Mr. Touchdown here. I think Nintendo should keep story mode just like Brawl. Where nobody talks! Just screams and grunts and SOME dialogue like Ike or Meta knight.

Oh, let me make it alittle more clear: Dialogue should still continue to be used in fights! I like the mystery that brings Nintendo's heroes together without the use of Dialogue. It gives the game a kinda *interesting sensation*.
Dude...chill out

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
:urg:As much as I would enjoy ALL of this, you have to look at the problems. Not only will that idea ridicule Nintendo (should Nintendo be stupid enough to do it) they would be losing out on beautiful amounts of money. I'm not saying your idea is stupid, it's just not really common sense.:urg:

Listen to this guy! He's a smash ace! ;)
What would you recommend?

Here's my idea for a roster. I personally think the next game will be called Super Smash Bros. Clash. It's a combination of a personal wishlist as well as some suggestions that make sense. I'll give some commentary.

*=Unlockable
Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario*-I could possibly see him as a character, honestly. I think it'd be neat to play as a lighter, faster Bowser. He'd have different moves though, don't get me wrong. Just a similar playing-style. Just Bowser Jr. I think.
Daisy*-Not all that likely, but she'd be in her Strikers uniform and be more of a close-combat fighter as opposed to Peach's fighting style Maybe
My additions:
Paper Mario I wanna see him more than any other new character by a large margin.
King Boo

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Toon Link*
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf*
Tingle-I don't particularly want him to be a playable character, but I think he'd be the most likely if they put in another Zelda character, unless Midna returned in another game. No chance
My additions:
Wolf link and Midna

Kirby Series:
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Funky Kong *-Definitely not very likely, but it'd be cool to play as him. Maybe
King K. Rool-He's pretty top on my list for SSB4. Also maybe

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer Read my earlier Idea for pokemon trainer.
Zoroark*-Obviously the replacement for Lucario, unless Gen 6 is coming when SSB4 comes out. Maybe, I think they should just bring back Mewtwo. He was my favorite Melee character.

Fire Emblem Series:
*Marth
Ike
Newest Fire Emblem hero-Ike and Marth will definitely stay, so I'd like to have the newest Fire Emblem lord to join the brawl. Maybe
Also, I think they should bring back Roy.

Yoshi Series:Yoshi

F-Zero series:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh's likely the best bet.

Wario Series:
Wario
Ashley*-With that wand, she'd definitely be something. Too bad it won't happen.Never heard of her.
Captain Syrup-As I said before, it won't happen. Maybe as an Assist Trophy, though.Never heard of him
Ibelieve you've forgotten this small unimportant character called Waluigi!!

Other Characters:
Pit
Game & Watch *
Ice Climbers
R.O.B* Does not deserve a slot.
Olimar*
Little Mac-Pretty much a given, I think. There are move limitation issues with him.
My Additions:
Ray 01- from the popular custom robo series

Metroid Series:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
My additions:
Ridley

Mother series:
Ness*
Lucas Is an inferior ness clone.

Starfox Series:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf
Leon*-Fox has an ally, so why not Wolf? Unlikely but possible
My Additions
Slippy

Guest Characters:
Sonic
Tails*-I'm really iffy about a guest character having another representative, so this is only if Sakurai allowed that. Ehhh... Maybe
Snake
Raiden*-Read above. Maybe.
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)*Too bad he's an A-17 character and not first-party. I'd love to see him in SSB4. Sure, they'd have to tone down his language, but it'd just be great to play as him. Is he the glowy sword guy? if so, probably not.
Megaman*-Need I say more?Maybe
Heres my roster. the same roster as brawl, but without RoB Lucas or Lucario. They would bring back Mewtwo and possibly roy. Another game-changer is my plans for the pokemon trainer. Rather than having three pokemon, he would have 15 plus.You would choose 3-6 to go into a match.
Another idea is a custom character maker. They would be miis. You could choose from a variety of different attacks to assign to each attack.For new characters, i will rate how much i think they should be in SSB4.
R1: sort of want it
R2: want it
R3: want it very very badly
Paper Mario (R3)
Waluigi(R3)
Ray 01(R2.5)
Bowser Jr. (R2.5)
Wolf link and midna(R2.5)
Ridley(R2)
Little Mac (R2)
Birdo (R2)
King K Rool (R1)
Slippy(R1.5)
KIng Boo (R1.5
Krystal (R1)

DiamondFox

Banned via Warnings
Ibelieve you've forgotten this small unimportant character called Waluigi!!
I tend to consider Waluigi the single worst character to enter Nintendo's roster. He's an abomination of the video game industry, and the epitome of it's worst aspect, "lack of innovation".

Waluigi, a history of insignificance

First off the groundwork, to truly understand how horrifically bad Waluigi is. Mario was invented solo, and then they ripped him off with their 2 player creation of Luigi as they simple got rid of the beer belly, made him taller, gave him green overalls and whacked an L on his cap instead. Voila, new playable character for 2 player. Then they needed some kind of rival for Mario, and instead they made an even fatter, uglier version of Mario, called him Wario, put him in some ugly clothes and put a W on his cap. Voila, villain/rival for Mario. At the time, video games were hardly sophisticated ordeals, story was more than lacking in most cases and innovation wasn't exactly mandatory for a good video game.

Enter the year 2000, by some kind of magical time machine or something, and we're on the N64 where such games as Banjo-Kazooie, OOT, Mario Kart 64 etc. are practically reinventing genres and setting the bar of excellence left, right and centre. Camelot fired up a lovely Mario sport game for us in the form of Mario Tennis 64. But oh wait, they needed to pad out the roster a bit. As a result of this, Wario's probably incredibly illegitimate little brother Waluigi was born, created by Camelot for their sport game. Yes, that's right, Waluigi wasn't even created by Nintendo.

Waluigi is a rip-off in every fiber of his existence. His clothes, stolen from Luigi and then dyed purple, probably using some of Wario's purple dye since it's the same color I believe as the purple part of Wario's old outfit, cleverly inverting the L in the same fashion as the W is an inverse of M, made him lanky and tall like Luigi, made thinner versions of Wario's facial features and made him Wario's younger brother. They even took the "Wa" prefix from Wario and added it onto Luigi which when you think about it makes no sense at all. Considering that at this point games were no longer acceptable as story-less linear adventures, it's no surprise Waluigi hasn't evolved from what he is because what he is is nothing. He's a ripoff of 2 Mario ripoffs, making him a ripoff ripoff, ripoff ripoff. Sweet.

Since then, he has made absolutely no contribution to the Mario universe, other than really being a filler character in all of the party/sports games and playing tacked on minor antagonist roles in some. His big breakthrough was in DDR Mario Mix where he played the main villain, and so his importance is obvious to all 7 people that bought the game . So why do people like him? Well, it's probably the fact that he's similar to Wario in character design *cough*rippedoffcompletely*cough* and so anyone that has a liking to Wario will probably be attracted to Waluigi too. However, evidently Wario has evolved so much more since he now has his own franchise, a new look and a repertoire of toilet humour gags. But will Waluigi ever evolve in the same way? Maybe, but I consider it more in terms of siblings where the older brother was a planned baby and then the younger was more of an...accident. You know, there's bound to be favouritism somewhere along the line.

Waluigi, if included in the next Smash Bros, could probably not be much more than a stupid lanky clone of luigi, who's already a clone, so he'd end up being a ripoff ripoff, ripoff ripoff clone of a clone. That's a whole lot of lacking innovation right there. "But no!" I hear Jimmy the Waluigi fan cry, "He has the potential for a completely new moveset!". Yes Jimmy, you're certainly right, he DOES, but the question isn't "What would his new moveset be?" it's "Why should Sakurai waste his time inventing a whole moveset for some unpopular filler character, when there's so many decent Brawl characters with an interesting history, franchise significance, a moveset which writes itself and is actually popular, and even then (See: Ganondorf, the Star Fox cast.)

So what exactly has Waluigi ever done to deserve a spot over possibly hundreds of decent Smash candidates? Because he shared a partnership with Wario in no more than 2 Tennis games or because he's Wario's 'brother' he deserves in? In truth Waluigi's personality is thinner than Game + Watch, there's generic enemies with more style and neither have a look that would make the first creatures that went onto land want to crawl back into the Primordial Soup.

Sorry if I made a really boring, long post stating the obvious, and while I tried to include a few laughs along the way to make a recap of Waluigi a bit more bearable it's tough when the topic of including him in Smash makes you want to cry.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That was the most HILARIOUS post I have EVER read in this thread! I absolutely NEVER thought I would laugh this hard at such a long post, and you proved otherwise. WELL DONE.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
New Roster:

Paper Mario. Bowser jr.

Toon Zelda/Ghost. Toon Ganondwarf

Pokemon Bug Trainer, Pokemon Day Care Lady (Both have 3 Pokemon. Bug Trainer will have 3 bugs, Day care Lady will have 3 baby type Pokemon)

King Rule. Tiki Boss From DKCR (Personly i think is a Great New Bad Guy)

Ridly (Make Smaller)

Capt. Surp

Roy

Baby Mario And Luigi (They Belong to Yoish's island)

If the New Pit Game Does Well then Egg Plant Wizard (Watch the Trailer, he looks badass)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Erg. Stop acting like any third parties have significantly better "chances" then any others. Snake and Sonic are the only ones who do. Just because a character is wanted, doesn't mean they will get in. We have a single character that proves otherwise. That's Sonic. Megaman doesn't have a better chance just because he is popular. Toad, Ridley, Little Mac and many others were just as popular.

On a miniscule level the only way you could say Travis, a SE character and Megaman have a better chance is because either: They work closely with nintendo, or they have made statements publicly regaurding the character and their inclusion in the Smash series.

Other then those small details, no third party newcomer really has a WAY better chance, unless you're comparing Megaman to SnowBoard kids or something random like that.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Suda51 is friends with a few Nintendo Big-Wigs, including Miyamoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom