• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm iffy with character DLC. If they come out some significant time after the original release like the DLC characters for BlazBlue Continuum Shift (9 months after the arcade release) or Super Street Fighter IV (our guesses are anywhere from December to March meaning 8 to 11 months) then I'd be fine. Otherwise, it feels like I'm paying extra for what should be on there already.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
That's the name he gave to SSB4.

Odds are, it's going to be one of the following:

Most likely:
-Super Smash Bros. Tussle
-Super Smash Bros. Rumble
-Super Smash Bros. Showdown
Meh:
-Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale
-Super Smash Bros. Armageddon

Not likely:
-Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs
-Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
-Super Smash Bros.: The Newcomers
Nintendo vs. Everyone Else
Final Smash
Art of Smash
Smashin'
Mortal Smash Home-run Bat
Smash Caliber
Mario vs. Capcom
Street Smasher Eleventy-million: Whoever has limbs joins
LOL! :laugh: :joyful: Super Smash Brothers Tussle?! IMHO, it sounds like if an actual game were to be titled that, it would be equivalent to the game being called Super Smash Brothers: Let's Learn To Share!

The Wii was codenamed the Revolution, so since that wasn't used for SSB3 (actually, wasn't that it's codename for a while?) it's probably out of the question.
That shouldn't really be a reason to discount the term "Revolution" from possible usage in a future SSB title...IMO, it's still a viable option. Even some Nintendo DS games use the "Revolution" suffix/subtitle, not to mention after the term Nintendo Wii had taken precedence over the "Revolution" codename (i.e., Civilization Revolution, Rock Revolution, New Zealand Story Revolution, etc.).

Let's just go with 4.
It'd kind of be weird to abruptly switch to numbers all of a sudden after subtitles have "steadily" been used... There are still a few usable subtitles left, IMO.

SSB: A New Dimension on the 3DS?
That would be a very fitting title for an Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Brothers, and it makes sense, alluding to the new heights being reached both for Nintendo handhelds and the Super Smash Bros. series. :grin:

Anyway, aside from the subtitle A New Dimension for a potential 3DS SSB, here are the other ones I still think are usable, in order of preference:

Super Smash Brothers Revolution (usable Brawl prototype name)
Super Smash Brothers Battle Royale (the whole series is based on free-for-alls, after all. Makes the event seem more like a distinguished, privileged affair for only the best of the best of videogame mascots)
Super Smash Brothers Showdown (alliteration FTW!)
Super Smash Brothers Close Combat (sounds cool; generally what a typical brawl consists of unless you're using projectile attacks! :p)
Super Smash Brothers No-Holds-Barred (loose synonym for free-for-all, IIRC)
Super Smash Brothers Rumble (closer synonym to Melee/Brawl aside from Showdown and Great Fray)
Super Smash Brothers Great Fray (reference to original Japanese name)
Super Smash Brothers Scuffle (usable, but it sort of reminds me of a "dignified, proper" fight instead of an all-out melee)
Super Smash Brothers Clash (rhymes with "Smash", but seems more to be related to clash of viewpoints than a clash of actual combatants fighting...)
Super Smash Brothers [console system name] (generic. If this fails, then we can switch to numbers...)

"Armageddon" seems less party-gamish for me, and it could be taken to imply a finality to the series. :(

UberMario

Smash Master
Considering the past two game names have all been 5 letter synonyms for the word "fight" I'm going to say Rumble is our next title. Plus it has that ring to it, Super Smash Bros. Rumble... that has 6 letters

Rolls off the tongue quite well.
Read the above. lol

And I've been thinking, you know how the Adventure mode works differently in each game? (Melee's was a true platformer, while Brawl's was more of a Cinematic Journey with an actual plot) I was thinking, what if SSB did something similar to an RPG for it's adventure mode?

It could be RPG-style for the main part of the game (levels, travelling, etc.), but when you come across an enemy, you'd engage in a SSB-style fight with it. It could even have a more RPG-ish factor by having obtainable items that behave like Brawl's stickers [like anyone used them in Brawl. lol]. That way, there could be an indepth crossover RPG similar [but not the same gameplay-wise] as Namco x Capcom (an RPG adventure crossover, rather than Capcom's usual crossover fighters), but not quite as broken or with as much speech. lol

The best part is, it could be done on a 2.5-D plane, lowering the amount of time it takes to create, meaning we could get an adventure mode without it taxing too much on the, erm, "more important" [character roster, stage roster, multiplayer abilities] aspects.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Read the above. lol

And I've been thinking, you know how the Adventure mode works differently in each game? (Melee's was a true platformer, while Brawl's was more of a Cinematic Journey with an actual plot) I was thinking, what if SSB did something similar to an RPG for it's adventure mode?

It could be RPG-style for the main part of the game (levels, travelling, etc.), but when you come across an enemy, you'd engage in a SSB-style fight with it. It could even have a more RPG-ish factor by having obtainable items that behave like Brawl's stickers [like anyone used them in Brawl. lol]. That way, there could be an indepth crossover RPG similar [but not the same gameplay-wise] as Namco x Capcom (an RPG adventure crossover, rather than Capcom's usual crossover fighters), but not quite as broken or with as much speech. lol

The best part is, it could be done on a 2.5-D plane, lowering the amount of time it takes to create, meaning we could get an adventure mode without it taxing too much on the, erm, "more important" [character roster, stage roster, multiplayer abilities] aspects.
I had a similar Idea as well.
Great Minds think alike, eh?

Anyway, I think the title should be Ultimate Super Smash Bros.
PREFIXES FO THE WIN MO****AS

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hahaha I just caught what I did. Paying attention has never been one of my finer points.

Give me a break I got off work. lol

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
I think the only REALISTIC characters we can see are:
Dixie Kong
Daisy
Waluigi
Tails

I'd really like to see:
Link have a Down+B that turns him into his wolf-form.
Aryll from Wind Waker
Birdo
Midna
Mallow or Geno

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here is what I hope for:

1. The removal of Prat Falls. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say this. In fact, it happens during the most inconvenient of times, that it screws over anyone. I have given this moment a term. I call it "being Sakurai'd" (dunno about spelling). If someone else has come up with the term already, then bravo to them. XD

2. Add Mega Man/Rock Man or Leon Kennedy. Rumor has it that the latter was gonna be in Brawl, but Nintendo was bitter when Capcom released RE4 for the PS2, thus cheating us out of a possible 3rd guest character. Regardless, I feel we need a Capcom character to join... and maybe more guest characters; one per franchise AND company.

3. Increase the speed of gameplay. Brawl, when compared to Melee, is indeed slower overall. An increase in framerate would be nice.

4. Achievements. The Wii has no Achievement system. However, they could still add a feature like in-game accomplishments that can be seen by the online community. Online rankings works hand-in-hand with this. The former being seen in Mega Man 9 whilst the latter seen in Mario Kart Wii or Metroid Prime Hunters. If they do what they usually do with the Smash Bros. series and wait for their next console, we'll have to hope said console has an Achievement system, thus fixing this little problem altogether.

5. Better wi-fi. I know the lag is a real problem, especially since one would want to hit with a move, but misses because of the lag making said move easy to predict. It also makes recovery a problem as well. Maybe if they made the next Smash read online data the way Mario Kart Wii does, the lag wouldn't be that much of an issue. I'd rather deal with "teleporting" opponents than to have the framerate marred by poor wi-fi programming.

6. More characters. The obvious one. Along with everyone seen in Brawl (including guest characters), they ought to add more to the roster. Bringing Mewtwo back will be appropriate since he was never a clone to begin with, and Lucario just barely even can be seen as a "Luigification" of the Uber Pokémon. Other characters I'd like to see includes the following:

Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Mega Man (Mega Man series)
Waluigi (Mario Series)
Simea or Mesia (Crystalis (NES))
Sylux (Metroid Prime Hunters)
And any character from a Square-Enix game released on a Nintendo console (meaning no Cloud or Squall, but yes to Cecil or Bartz)

That's pretty much it. I may have missed other aspects to add or change in a possible 4th game, but the ones I've listed are ones that immediately come to mind. I hope I've contributed something with this post. ^ω^

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
1. The removal of Prat Falls. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say this. In fact, it happens during the most inconvenient of times, that it screws over anyone. I have given this moment a term. I call it "being Sakurai'd" (dunno about spelling). If someone else has come up with the term already, then bravo to them. XD
Option to turn it off = profit
2. Add Mega Man/Rock Man or Leon Kennedy. Rumor has it that the latter was gonna be in Brawl, but Nintendo was bitter when Capcom released RE4 for the PS2, thus cheating us out of a possible 3rd guest character. Regardless, I feel we need a Capcom character to join... and maybe more guest characters; one per franchise AND company.
I agree on this one, but why make such limits "one per franchise and company"?
3. Increase the speed of gameplay. Brawl, when compared to Melee, is indeed slower overall. An increase in framerate would be nice.
SSB4 needs fast gameplay, but I don't think increase in framerate is needed. If anything, they would most probably lower it for purpose of HD display. Increase wouldn't be visible on normal tvs, anyway.
4. Achievements. The Wii has no Achievement system. However, they could still add a feature like in-game accomplishments that can be seen by the online community. Online rankings works hand-in-hand with this. The former being seen in Mega Man 9 whilst the latter seen in Mario Kart Wii or Metroid Prime Hunters. If they do what they usually do with the Smash Bros. series and wait for their next console, we'll have to hope said console has an Achievement system, thus fixing this little problem altogether.
Yes. Anyway, Brawl got challenges.
5. Better wi-fi. I know the lag is a real problem, especially since one would want to hit with a move, but misses because of the lag making said move easy to predict. It also makes recovery a problem as well. Maybe if they made the next Smash read online data the way Mario Kart Wii does, the lag wouldn't be that much of an issue. I'd rather deal with "teleporting" opponents than to have the framerate marred by poor wi-fi programming.
Just improve the stuff around it (friends, game finding) and it will be fine for me. I can never play with anyone.
6. More characters. The obvious one. Along with everyone seen in Brawl (including guest characters), they ought to add more to the roster. Bringing Mewtwo back will be appropriate since he was never a clone to begin with, and Lucario just barely even can be seen as a "Luigification" of the Uber Pokémon. Other characters I'd like to see includes the following:

Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Mega Man (Mega Man series)
Waluigi (Mario Series)
Simea or Mesia (Crystalis (NES))
Sylux (Metroid Prime Hunters)
And any character from a Square-Enix game released on a Nintendo console (meaning no Cloud or Squall, but yes to Cecil or Bartz)
Crystalis? Seems way too obscure for me.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, Crystalis may be a bit esoteric, but so too was Fire Emblem when Melee was launched. Unlike Fire Emblem, Crystalis was released in the states twice; once for the NES, and again for the Gameboy Color (NES version was so much better).

Also, about the framerate thing, I do have to agree with you there. I hear that playing Brawl on an HD TV causes a type of button input lag, which is tragic if really true. There goes my plans of getting a brand new LCD TV to play Brawl on. TωT

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl is already at 60FPS. All we really need is the game to be faster. I don't think TVs can support anything greater than 60 FPS (which is technically 60 half-frames a second).

And yes, HDTVs do have lag, but you can find TVs that has this lag as small as possible.

Yeah, Brawl has challenges, but it might be me, but I don't really care about the challenges.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Don't know why people feel like Smash has to stick to a specific naming convention just because two games did it. Sooner or later Mr. Thesaurus will run out of ideas.

Also I like this:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
the most realistic characrs we would see would be the ones on my little image I posted.

As for names.

Super Smash Bros X! (For the US)
No idea what Japan would call it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
About the name, what if they in a sense started over IN TERMS OF THE TITLE and decided to call it "Hyper Smash Bros.", or "Ultra Smash Bros."? Then, they can have a pattern of three games. When they're done with the third one they can start over again IN TERMS OF THE TITLE but with a new first part of the title. Example:

Ultra Smash Bros.
Ultra Smash Bros. Melee
Ultra Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm aware of the potential for these titles to get confused with their counterparts, but as usual this is just a small idea.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
About the name, what if they in a sense started over IN TERMS OF THE TITLE and decided to call it "Hyper Smash Bros.", or "Ultra Smash Bros."? Then, they can have a pattern of three games. When they're done with the third one they can start over again IN TERMS OF THE TITLE but with a new first part of the title. Example:

Ultra Smash Bros.
Ultra Smash Bros. Melee
Ultra Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm aware of the potential for these titles to get confused with their counterparts, but as usual this is just a small idea.
this is similar to an idea i came up with some time before my recent departure from Ossb4DT. that they make Ultimate Super Smash Bros. and Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Melee, the former to be WiiWare with all kinds of characters never before seen along with a few vets from melee/brawl. same goes for Ultimate Melee only melee would be a Wii title. both games including their respective engines intact to be courteous towards the varying communities.

this was an idea that apparently didn't stand out enough to be discussed. (feels like I'm the only true visionary, or I'm a black sheep)

@Toise, awesome! now if only I've played Professor Layton to truly appreciate this crossover. i hope art styles aren't in conflict.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ultimate Super Smash Bros. and Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Melee...
this was an idea that apparently didn't stand out enough to be discussed. (feels like I'm the only true visionary, or I'm a black sheep)
Yeah, it's a great vision and all and I would personally love a less limited SSB64 but I doubt it would ever happen.
Also, if it ever did, the extra characters should be from the game's respective eras.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
And on another topic, Snowboard Kids isn't Nintendo is it? It's just a third party series which happens to be Nintendo console exclusive.
You're right about Snowboard Kids being third party, being published by Atlus. However, they released Snowboard Kids Plus on the Playstation in Japan many years ago. Like, 1998 or '99 around there. Only Snowboard Kids 1 and 2 were released on the N64 while SBK: Snowboard Kids was released for the DS. True, only one game was for a non-Nintendo system, but it's still interesting to know. With that, adding characters from said series is a viable option... Nintendo/HAL just need to find an appropriate fighting style for said Snowboard Kid. XD

Note: with this post, I went from being a SmashRookie to a SmashCadet. >ω<

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Option to turn it off = profit
Regarding the pratfalls/tripping, I agree with them being optional. It's a nifty little feature when you can turn it on for kicks, but having it being "mandatory" is just aggravating, especially when it kicks in as you're setting up an attack. :mad:

Anyway, I suppose I should get to work on my wish-list:
Preferred Name: Super Smash Brothers Revolution

NEWCOMERS:
SUPER MARIO
Paper Mario (moveset that doesn't clone Mario's. I heard something like paper airplane before, and I think he could utilize his 2D-to-3D switching ability with something similar to Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape techique)
King K. Rool - notable antagonist from the DK series; has several moves viable for movesets
Switch Princess Peach's Final Smash with something else. Couldn't she snag something from Super Princess Peach or one of her Mario sports games finishers?

F-ZERO
Samurai Goroh - apaprently, he's Captain Falcon's rival, so he'd work
Black Shadow (I'm sort of indifferent on his inclusion, but F-Zero seems underrepresented characterwise, and he seems to be the main villain
Jody Summers: she seems to be a notable female character in the series as well

METROID
Ridley
- enjoyed him as a boss in Brawl; a transition to resized-playable-character status could be fitting for SSB4. I'd love to see him use his tail-stage-scraping move as a (dash?) attack and that move where he body-slams the Falcon Flyer offscreen (not quite that dramatic, but equally epic enough so that you know Ridley means business!). Final Smash could be a Meta Ridley transformation...
Other Bounty Hunters (Kanden, Weavel, Trace, Sylux, Spire, Noxus; Rundas, Ghor, Gandrayda) - All of them, IMO, would make very viable candidates for combatants (I personally prefer Weavel, Trace, and Rundas/Noxus). Well, the last 3 would as well, except for the fact that they're dead...

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Midna+Wolf Link - very disappointed that this tag team didn't make it in Brawl! Since Twilight Princess was her debut and main story, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to include her. Her future for SSB looks grim, seeing as how TP was her main story, so it was like a "now-or-never" moment. Then again, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was Sheik's main story, and she's still in Super Smash Bros...
Zant: I haven't completed Twilight Princess yet, but his presence has been so imposing that he seems viable as a fighter as well.
Vaati: Only losing to Ganondorf in number of reappearances so far in the Legend of Zelda series, he seems like a interesting combatant as well, especially throwing some wind abilities into the mix.
Re-tooled Ganondorf: If you've played Melee or Brawl, you may feel my pain. With so many techniques to choose from as well from the Zelda games, too! Use the sword for once and stop taunting with it like an idiot! Sheesh... But Warlock Punch should stay. :grin:
Skull Kid: Don't really know about him in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I do know, however, that he is VERY ANNOYING IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS! Possibly viable as an Assist Trophy rather than a playable character.
Re-tooled Toon Link: AFTER Midna+Wolf Link has been added. And does he really have to be another Link clone? I've played as Link since SSB64. I don't need a clone of him. I prefer a transformation (as with Midna+Wolf Link) and a Toon/Wind Waker Link with an altered moveset

MOTHER/EARTHBOUND
Kumatora/Pu
: From the Mother/Earthbound series...their moveset would be a little difficult to flesh out, though, considering Ness and Lucas hog all their moves. And the only offensive PK move I saw unused from the series was PK Ground... I think Lucas should have his Final Smash replaced with PK Love ?????, and retain PK Freeze as his neutral Special... Ness's moveset and Final Smash is fine as is, though I'd like to see him use PSI Rockin' somehow...

STARFOX
Krystal - She'd make an interesting fighter, considering Peppy's a bit old and Barrel Rolls all day, and Slippy...isn't exactly fighter-quality... The viable Starwolf characters (Leon, Andrew, and Panther) seem lesser-known than her...

POKEMON:
Mewtwo - cut from the roster, for shame (yet Jigglypuff, a non-legendary, is still in! :mad:)... And he was less of a clone than other characters, too! Hopefully he can rise once again in SSB4! Power Suit Mewtwo could be his Final Smash, where he dons the suit seen in the Pokemon movie Mewtwo Strikes Back to control his powers better...
Deoxys - looks very intriguing, IMO. I was thinking he could cycle through forms, but Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS have already showcased that ability...maybe he could naturally be in Attack Forme, switching Formes during certain actions (Defense Forme when shielding, Speed Forme when running/dashing, Normal Forme when taunting?).
Or maybe he transforms over the course of a match while naturally being in Normal Forme? (Attack Forme causes more damage+knockback; Defense Forme is more resistant to damage/knockback; Speed Forme moves faster). The move Psycho Boost could be his Final Smash. I envisioned him having an Ice-Beam type move, since the Pokemon movie Destiny Deoxys and Dex entries associate him with ice and Antartica...
Zoroark and Genosect - the 'Lucario' and 'Mewtwo', respectively, of Generation V's new Pokemon. Zoroark I could see being a vicious combatant with illusory abilities possibly being tied in. I haven't played Pokemon Black and White Versions yet, so I can't say much about Genosect... He looks cool, though, from what I've glimpsed.
*as much as I loathe Jigglypuff, if she's staying, at least give her a different Final Smash? Puff Up? Seriously?! If I recall correctly, she never even did that in the anime! Princess Peach's Final Smash from Brawl (Peach Blossom) would fit Jiggly much better, since that was her main "thing" to do in the anime...

KIRBY
Just altering Kirby's dash attack to that bulldozer-like move I've seen him use in trailers for Kirby's Epic Yarn. Actually, scratch that, let's have Yarn Kirby as an alternate character (like Paper Mario in regards to Mario). His new Wii game is looking so freaking cute (and a bunch of the new abilities are looking interesting, especially due to the fact that this version of Kirby can't fly or copy abilities)! :grin:

FIRE EMBLEM:
Retooled Roy - you could say he was my secondary character in Melee. I got annoyed because he was supposedly removed for his "clone" status. yet more clones were introduced for Brawl (i.e., Lucas, Wolf)! I'd say keep his Flare Blade technique (Fiery 1HKO FTW!) and change his other moves (though his Counter might warrant being retained, as it's stronger than the Counters of Marth and Ike)
Lyndis - liked her as an Assist Trophy in Brawl; maybe she could provide more female representation for the series as a playable character...?

KID ICARUS
Pit seems like the only decent choice, unless a boss enemy could be included...

WARIO
WaLuigi - If the Wario series needs more representation characterwise; he'd be my first pick. Weegee needs a rival, too!
Make Wario-Man a costume, switch Wario Waft so it becomes the Final Smash, and use a different Wario Land/WarioWare move for Wario's Down Special...

PIKMIN
The only thing I can think of is Louie...

SONIC:
Miles "Tails" Prower - the 'Luigi' of the Sonic universe.
Knuckles - a 'rival' of sorts to Sonic, but specializes in strength rather than speed
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - main antagonist of the Sonic series' similar to Bowser's role
Shadow the Hedgehog - anti-hero of Sonic the Hedgehog's universe, and can utilize Chaos abilities as well

OTHER:
Megaman, Zero, Protoman, and Roll from Megaman (one of the most-wanted franchises for SSB)
Warrior(s) of Light (either the 6 characters from Final Fantasy I or the single Dissidia Final Fantasy incarnation/interpretation); Cloud, Sephiroth, and Lightning from Final Fantasy (FF7 is one of the more notable games aside from the original FF1, and Lightning is just BA :cool:)
Sora, Riku, and/or Kairi from Kingdom Hearts (Sora's techniques practically scream Smash, IMO. Riku would be the perfect rival. I haven't actually played to see whether Kairi would be viable, though...she could help up female representation in Smash as well. Sora could implement his Drive Forms during combat or use them as costumes)
Someone from Dragon Quest (notable-enough series, IMO)
Bomberman from Bomberman
Isaac/Matthew from Golden Sun
Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Crimson Viper from Street Fighter
Lloyd Irving (his name pops up a lot in gaming circles from my experience, and I love his moveset from Super Smash Flash 2!)
Mii from the Nintendo Wii Mii Channel (using a moveset with aspects derived from Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. Think of the possibilities!)Pac-Man from Pac-Man (it could work...somehow!)
Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
Bando & Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot. Possibly Spyro the Dragon as well.
Travis Touchdown
from No More Heroes (even the creator wants him in, possibly leading to a Metal Gear scenario for inclusion!)
Little Mac from Punch-Out!!

That's all I can think of for right now...

MUSIC:

*appears out of nowhere*

Did somebody say Mario Party music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvuyuus3JO8&feature=related
^Mario Party 3 - Stardust Battle Theme

These themes also caught my attention recently: :)
Sand Canyon 1 Theme - Kirby's Dreamland 3
Onett Town's Theme - Mother 2/EarthBound (WHY isn't this an alternate song on Onett? It's so catchy!)
Boss Battle Theme - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear Version)
Stallord Boss Battle Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I know it's used for other bosses as well... Ups tension during a battle!)
Don't Want You No More - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (strange title; awesome music. IMO it should've been called Twilight Princess Main Theme...having this music playing right before it at the beginning would be cool as well!)

STAGES:

Combine Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 into one singular stage modeled after Pokemon Stadium 2 that shifts between the 8 different type fields (possibly overkill as someone said, but allows for variety).

There was a Hoenn Sea stage someone suggested way back in this thread that was based on the fighting taking place on a Wailord that surfed past the various locales of Hoenn (Lilycove City, Mossdeep City, Dewford Town, Pacifidlog Town, Abandoned Ship, etc.)
Someone also suggested a Sootopolis City stage that would be fought within the crater of the volcano encompassing Sootopolis, with the background changing to reflect the Groudon vs. Kyogre vs. Rayquaza cutscene in Pokemon Emerald Version...

Lastly, some sort of stage featuring Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, if they aren't converted into PokeBall Pokemon... I heard N's castle was where they were located, so that could be a possible stage platform/backdrop...?

COSTUMES:
Dr. Mario (white and black coats)
Fierce Deity Link (possibly, but the power level wouldn't match...)
Link with Magic Armor Tunic (red) and Zora Tunic (blue); Brawl's tunics merely resembled them (Twilight Princess incarnations)

SHINY Pokemon (seriously, only tints of Charizard when he has an awesome color scheme whose whole point is to be a palette swap?!)

PokeBall Kirby - just watch this video. :)
Wario-Man (see above entry on Wario series)
Light Suit Samus and Dark Samus (for Power Suit Samus)

Orange Jumpsuit Samus
from Metroid: Zero Mission endings; Camo Samus (for Zero Suit Samus)

Female Pokemon Trainer (Leaf). If possible, player character Pokemon Trainers from other Generations (i.e., Gold, Brendan, Lucas, Black/Touya; Kris/Marina, Lyra, May, Dawn, White/Touko, etc.)

ASSIST TROPHIES: other than minor characters from above series, one AT I'd like is an Assist Trophy utilizing Tetris Blocks raining down on the battlefield, possibly even accepting user input from the Control Stick! Tetris is notable enough in the videogame community IMO that it could warrant additional recognition...

***By the way, I'd like all characters to return from Brawl (Jigglypuff is iffy as she irritates me often, but if Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, and Lucario return, then she can stay.) All SSB64, SSBM, and SSBB stages, items, costumes; PokeBall Pokemon, and Assist Trophies (to an extent) should return as well. Along with all of the music featured so far in the series (applies more to Brawl, and Melee's tracks that weren't in Brawl. But SSB64 music would be a nice bonus!).

Part 2 upcoming (phew!).

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@fenyx4
~other bounty hunters... sylux, spire, and kanden ain't dead. but of the hunters, my choices are sylux or weavel.
~Vaati... YES! love it, but that stretches out the roster of zelda which is unfortunate.
~Kumatora/poop... yes! kuma, but she won't be a clone... despite what her official artwork looks like, she is still 17-ish years old. that should make her limbs longer. she cannot have the same frame as lucas, thus no cloning of standard attacks. i care not for poo. sorry, people who like him.
~Krystal... http://augustoflores.deviantart.com/art/Smash-Kumatora-vs-Krystal-177524746?q=&qo= yesh!!! why else would i draw this?!
~KID ICARUS... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY seriously!
~COSTUMES... excellent. fierce diety link can still be used, just not his sword. shiny is awesome!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Paper Mario (moveset that doesn't clone Mario's. I heard something like paper airplane before, and I think he could utilize his 2D-to-3D switching ability with something similar to Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape techique)
Sounds fun. His spot dodge wouldbe disappearing into the background.

Midna+Wolf Link - very disappointed that this tag team didn't make it in Brawl! Since Twilight Princess was her debut and main story, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to include her.
Great tagteam but make the character "Wolf Link" with Midna assisting him in a lot of attacks.

Skull Kid: Don't really know about him in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I do know, however, that he is VERY ANNOYING IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS! Possibly viable as an Assist Trophy rather than a playable character.
In MM he was evil because he was lonely and always left out and MM used him,ditching him in the end. In OoT, however, you could befriend him as young link. Seven years later, though, he had been driven mad and would use a pea shooter on you if you aproached.

[Krystal - She'd make an interesting fighter, considering Peppy's a bit old and Barrel Rolls all day, and Slippy...isn't exactly fighter-quality... The viable Starwolf characters (Leon, Andrew, and Panther) seem lesser-known than her...
I'd love to see Leon as a semi-clone of Fox with invisibility moves and Mewtwo like tail attacks but Krystal does seem more likely.

[Yarn Kirby as an alternate character (like Paper Mario in regards to Mario).
Definitely! Don't let him replace the regular though, we still need a Kirby with swallow.

[SONIC:
Miles "Tails" Prower - the 'Luigi' of the Sonic universe.
Knuckles - a 'rival' of sorts to Sonic, but specializes in strength rather than speed
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - main antagonist of the Sonic series' similar to Bowser's role
Shadow the Hedgehog - anti-hero of Sonic the Hedgehog's universe, and can utilize Chaos abilities as well
I'm not convinced Eggman would work and nor do I like the idea of Tails in Smash but both Knuckles and Shadow are doable.

Megaman, Zero, Protoman, and Roll from Megaman (one of the most-wanted franchises for SSB)
I can't remember Protoman very well but Zero is by far the best choice and Megaman would be good if he got his copy abilities (like Kirby does but after KOing). I can't see Roll working though and you missed off the mighty Bass.

[
Lloyd Irving (his name pops up a lot in gaming circles from my experience, and I love his moveset from Super Smash Flash 2!)
He should have been in Brawl. Timing it along with Dawn would have been a great move. As is it may not draw quite the crowd he could have but he'd still be a great addition. I'm not so keen on his SSF2 list though. Charging doesn't fit his specials for a start and RF shouldn't be limited to an ariel.

[Mii from the Nintendo Wii Mii Channel (using a moveset with aspects derived from Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. Think of the possibilities
Even more if you include their Wii Play, Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus moves. Penguin Slide dash attack would be win!

[Crash Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot. Possibly Spyro the Dragon as well.

Crash would be good but I'm not sure on Spyro. He could work great but there's a fair chance he really wouldn't aswell.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Sounds fun. His spot dodge wouldbe disappearing into the background.

Great tagteam but make the character "Wolf Link" with Midna assisting him in a lot of attacks.

In MM he was evil because he was lonely and always left out and MM used him,ditching him in the end. In OoT, however, you could befriend him as young link. Seven years later, though, he had been driven mad and would use a pea shooter on you if you aproached.

I'd love to see Leon as a semi-clone of Fox with invisibility moves and Mewtwo like tail attacks but Krystal does seem more likely.

Definitely! Don't let him replace the regular though, we still need a Kirby with swallow.

I'm not convinced Eggman would work and nor do I like the idea of Tails in Smash but both Knuckles and Shadow are doable.

I can't remember Protoman very well but Zero is by far the best choice and Megaman would be good if he got his copy abilities (like Kirby does but after KOing). I can't see Roll working though and you missed off the mighty Bass.

[

He should have been in Brawl. Timing it along with Dawn would have been a great move. As is it may not draw quite the crowd he could have but he'd still be a great addition. I'm not so keen on his SSF2 list though. Charging doesn't fit his specials for a start and RF shouldn't be limited to an ariel.

Even more if you include their Wii Play, Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus moves. Penguin Slide dash attack would be win!

Crash would be good but I'm not sure on Spyro. He could work great but there's a fair chance he really wouldn't aswell.
For Wolf Link, I thought the name should be rendered as Midna&Wolf Link (takes approximately as much characters as Pokemon Trainer), in order to give Midna credit for her role so she isn't seen as a backseat fighter. Plus, it lets people though that while another form of Link is featured, you also get control of Midna, a different character.

Poor Skull Kid...so maybe that's why he's so erratic in Twilight Princess. Darn Majora! :mad:

That Leon idea sounds interesting (as long as Fox, Falco, and Wolf become differentiated from each other)

Oh, yeah, the regular Kirby from Brawl should still stay, not get replaced! :) I meant Yarn Kirby as a a selection alongside regular ability-copying Kirby. That way, we actually have a new incentive to play as another Kirby who is different graphically and abilitywise (that and I don't really see any other candidates from the Kirby universe who could be playable...)

Sonic w/o Tails would almost be like Mario w/o Luigi, IMO... I'd figure Eggman would be viable as a combatant; I imagined him doing powerful kicks and the like. He is Sonic's primary arch-enemy in the Sonic universe, essentially taking Bowser's role. As for combat, he could use a combination of melee moves and his various mechanical contraptions (using this body structure, of course):

I thought Protoman was like the "Knuckles" of the Megaman universe; the only experience I have with him is from the Megaman: NT Warrior anime series, where he was depicted as Megaman's rival. Aside from Megaman, Zero is the most common name I hear from the franchise. Roll was for female representation and counterparting Megaman. She looked like she could hold her own in the anime... This was the incarnation of Roll I meant, though, who looks better suited for combat (the EXE version):

I'm sort of unfamiliar with the Megaman series, but Bass seems like he could definitely fit, especially since he is noted as being the prominent anti-hero of the Megaman classic series. :)

As for Lloyd, his SSF2 moveset (v0.6 demo) is the only one I've found to be viable so far... Still, I think he should show up in the roster of playable characters somehow to represent the Tales series.

The other Mii-centric games would be great for adding to the repertoire of available Mii moves.

Yeah, I figured Crash has prime potential for being a fighter in Smash. I suggested Spyro because he seems like a counterpart to Crash (I remember they had 2 crossover games). But I also think he might just turn out to be a Ridley clone, should Ridley be playable... In that case, I'd just prefer Crash and Ridley as playable, relegating Spyro to possible Assist Trophy status...

And for some of the characters I'm suggesting (i.e., Megaman, Lloyd Irving, Sora), I'm pulling from my experience with them in Super Smash Flash 2 (DOJO - WIKI ENCYCLOPEDIA - GAME). The movesets showcased so far seem like they could transition into SSB4, but as it is still under development, I can't say for sure yet...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
About Yarn Kirby, I don't care if the series got a new character, but if it did get a fighter based off of Epic Yarn then Prince Fluff wouldn't be a bad choice. Since he's the co-op character and has the same moves as Yarn Kirby, he could be a good option because he can show off the moves of EY, and at the same time he won't be Kirby. You know how the Zelda series has 2 Links of different forms right? Well if Kirby did do what I'm suggesting then the idea would be even less like Link's series because:

1. Yarn 'Kirby' (if they didn't use Fluff) would DEFINITELY have a different moveset from the regular Kirby as opposed to Link and his Toon self.
2. Prince Fluff wouldn't be similar to the regular Kirby because he'll have a unique fighting style.

Basically if the Kirby series got a new fighter, I think that the series could be like this:
Kirby
Metaknight
DeDeDe
Prince Fluff (Epic Yarn, and if some people really wanted to see YK, then the prince could have an alt color scheme.)

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
About Yarn Kirby, I don't care if the series got a new character, but if it did get a fighter based off of Epic Yarn then Prince Fluff wouldn't be a bad choice. Since he's the co-op character and has the same moves as Yarn Kirby, he could be a good option because he can show off the moves of EY, and at the same time he won't be Kirby. You know how the Zelda series has 2 Links of different forms right? Well if Kirby did do what I'm suggesting then the idea would be even less like Link's series because:

1. Yarn 'Kirby' (if they didn't use Fluff) would DEFINITELY have a different moveset from the regular Kirby as opposed to Link and his Toon self.
2. Prince Fluff wouldn't be similar to the regular Kirby because he'll have a unique fighting style.

Basically if the Kirby series got a new fighter, I think that the series could be like this:
Kirby
Metaknight
DeDeDe
Prince Fluff (Epic Yarn, and if some people really wanted to see YK, then the prince could have an alt color scheme.)
Great idea! I knew Prince Fluff was newly introduced, but I didn't know his moves mimicked Kirby's for co-op purposes. We could have him as the new Kirby character, with one of his costumes being based off of Kirby's Epic Yarn design. :) That way, Kirby can stay unique and it won't feel like he's hogging the Kirby character slots.

UberMario

Smash Master
Prince Fluff should be an alternate for [the 3D] Kirby, not an independent character. Personally I don't think that Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff will be a SSB character.

We didn't get Ball Kirby even though Kirby was that for practically the entire game of Canvas Curse.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i still think poppy bros sr. or knuckle joe could be pretty sweet kirby chars, they aren't exactly new, but far from it. i do think that they could be interesting non kirby clone characters tho.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

Kirby
Metaknight
DeDeDe
Worst logic.

Toon doesn't have a similar moveset because their source material is the same, they have a similar moveset because the men in charge of the game chose to take a specific direction and i have no doubt that even though these two kirby's are different, but hey will end up cloned because that is the direction these designers have chosen.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was actually trying to make a case that focused on Prince Fluff, whose basically a blue Yarn Kirby. Because of that, I was saying that he's a new Kirby who doesn't inhale and uses a whip, which already sets him apart from Melee and Brawl's 2-Link pattern with similar moves. The main idea of my last post was Prince Fluff instead of Yarn Kirby, and my 1st logic was simply saying that both Yarn Kirby and Fluff have the same moves, so it could be easier to have Fluff instead and NOT make it seem like the Kirby series is following Zelda's.

About the cloning direction, I suggested Fluff because there may be a chance of him not having the regular Kirby's moves. Can he inhale or copy?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
For Wolf Link, I thought the name should be rendered as Midna&Wolf Link (takes approximately as much characters as Pokemon Trainer), in order to give Midna credit for her role so she isn't seen as a backseat fighter. Plus, it lets people though that while another form of Link is featured, you also get control of Midna, a different character.
Yeah, I just really hate the sound of the whole "Pikmin&Olimar" naming style.

Poor Skull Kid...so maybe that's why he's so erratic in Twilight Princess. Darn Majora! :mad:
Yeah, seven years of abandonment by his only friend drove him to evil and even that abandoned him in the end. I never got that far in TP but I'd expect him to have gone past his lonely revenge against link phase to outright insanity.

That Leon idea sounds interesting (as long as Fox, Falco, and Wolf become differentiated from each other).
Falco's apparently slightly different as is but if Assault is anything to go by he should have worse ground attacks and better ariels than Fox. Wolf should be slightly heavier and hve more violent seeming moves IMO.

Oh, yeah, the regular Kirby from Brawl should still stay, not get replaced! :) I meant Yarn Kirby as a a selection alongside regular ability-copying Kirby.
Yeah, I knew that's what you meant, I just meant that they might not think that way and I'd hate them if they ditched regular Kirby.

Sonic w/o Tails would almost be like Mario w/o Luigi, IMO...
Would that be so bad? Luigi sucks in SSB and SMG 1&2. He just slides so awefully.

The problem with Tails is that in his games of origin he flys so far he just wouldn't seem right limited in any way that would be fair in Smash.

I'd figure Eggman would be viable as a combatant; I imagined him doing powerful kicks and the like. He is Sonic's primary arch-enemy in the Sonic universe, essentially taking Bowser's role.
If SSB2 (the best sonic game) is anything to go by, Eggman is appalling with physical attacks (try doing anything in the chao garden as him, you'll see what I mean).

I thought Protoman was like the "Knuckles" of the Megaman universe; the only experience I have with him is from the Megaman: NT Warrior anime series, where he was depicted as Megaman's rival.
He is, supposedly, the Knuckles of the Megaman series. The problem is, unlike Knuckles, he only turns up once in most games, has a brief chat about how he'll beat Megaman at his current goal, has one battle with him and then doesn't show up again until the end credits.
He's possibly a decent choice but he seems to play too small a part for my likings.

Aside from Megaman, Zero is the most common name I hear from the franchise.
Yeah, plus his laser sword and virus powers make him real fun to play as.

Roll was for female representation and counterparting Megaman. She looked like she could hold her own in the anime... This was the incarnation of Roll I meant, though, who looks better suited for combat (the EXE version)
That makes sense but from what I understand she's mostly a healer and what attacks she does have are heart based and weak. Also, she was apparently the entirety of the bottom tier in MvsC.

I'm sort of unfamiliar with the Megaman series, but Bass seems like he could definitely fit, especially since he is noted as being the prominent anti-hero of the Megaman classic series. :)
I don't know Bass or the series well either but he was by far my favourite in "The Power Battles" and seems to be the mysterious character of the series. He seems like a definite inclusion though.

As for Lloyd, his SSF2 moveset (v0.6 demo) is the only one I've found to be viable so far... Still, I think he should show up in the roster of playable characters somehow to represent the Tales series.
Have you looked up the in development Brawl Lloyd hack? That seems a good movelist to me, if a little lacking in Kaenrekku.

The other Mii-centric games would be great for adding to the repertoire of available Mii moves.
Glad you agree. I'm happy with whatever really as long as they have Penguin Slide as the dash attack and take after their Mario Kart incarnation in having their hieght and weight matter.

And for some of the characters I'm suggesting (i.e., Megaman, Lloyd Irving, Sora), I'm pulling from my experience with them in Super Smash Flash 2
I don't like the SSF2 movelists so much but the game itself is fun.

Megaman needs Copy IMO. It was discussed here a little while back. Also, while rather old, Megaman: The Power Battles might be a good start for their movelists (excluding Zero and Roll, only three characters were playable in it).

Prince Fluff should be an alternate for [the 3D] Kirby, not an independent character.
I love the idea of Yarn Kirby so maybe have him with Prince Fluff as an alternate costume.

We didn't get Ball Kirby even though Kirby was that for practically the entire game of Canvas Curse.
That's because his only attack is running people over. Smash couldn't do much with him.

Toon doesn't have a similar moveset because their source material is the same, they have a similar moveset because the men in charge of the game chose to take a specific direction and i have no doubt that even though these two kirby's are different, but hey will end up cloned because that is the direction these designers have chosen.
Yeah but does the story say Toon Link can't be a Link clone? It does for the Kirbys.

You're right about Snowboard Kids being third party, being published by Atlus. However, they released Snowboard Kids Plus on the Playstation in Japan many years ago.
Really? Sweet, I'd better get that!

Only Snowboard Kids 1 and 2 were released on the N64 while SBK: Snowboard Kids was released for the DS.
With that, adding characters from said series is a viable option... Nintendo/HAL just need to find an appropriate fighting style for said Snowboard Kid. XD
Yes but they can't rightly add obscure characters from non-Nintendo properties now can they?
They could add Slash, Tommy, Nancy or even Jam but the one I'd like to see is Jack Frost from the DS version (nowhere near as fun as the first 2 but he was a funny character still) and I'm pretty sure not being Nintendo means he has no chance.

EDIT: SBK+ doesn't count. If I'm right it's just the original with a lot of extras, not a new game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now I remember why I frequent this thread less. You know things have deteriorated when people are trying to incorporate SSF2 into Smash Bros 4 discussion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And I thought I was bad with quote jengas. Then again, people discussing Yarn Kirby and Prince Fluff as candidates because they're recent make me want to do terrible things.

Seriously, we need another topic. I SUGGEST GAMEPLAY LOL!

This time it's a little different. If you were to set up a tutorial mode, how would you set it up? Note, this does not involve strictly how to use the controls. Like the tutorial in BlazBlue Continuum Shift, I'd break it up into parts: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Character Specific.

Beginner would involve you learning how to use the basic mechanics as those seen in the HTP video. If you just want to know the basics controls so you can play against your friends, this is all you'll need.

Intermediate would show you how to apply those mechanics while showing you possibly the new ones. This is for those who want to do tournament play, but realize they don't know enough to compete. It's also for those who want to know more about the game or want to find ways to beat their friends. This would teach you about hitstun, short hops, and some other mechanics.

Advanced is more of a continuation of Intermediate. This goes into the depth of the mechanics you learned in Basic and Intermediate. This explains and demonstrates why you would and wouldn't do a certain technique (therefore explaining the pros and cons).

Character Specific is a basic overview of each character. Select a character and the tutorial tells what each special does and certain attacks as well. It also explains what that character's playstyle is which will help veteran players or anyone familiar with fighting games find a character for them to play.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The one thing I have come to realize playing Brawl is what people mean when they describe the playstyle as "defensive". I have seen much of the progress made in Balanced Brawl and it makes me wonder why the developers did not consider this? Much of the problem stems from Sakurai's focus on aerial combat, but it took out the fun aspects of Smash 64 and Melee, being the ground combos. It just seems like if they had adjusted the gravity and hit-stun a little more we could have had a better balance.

I want my Captain Falcons combos back!

Speaking of Captain Falcon they seriously over corrected his Falcon Dive, making it more vertical killed any chance of recovering from deep hits in stages like Final Destination. And what is up with that mid dive lag/pause?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I think it would be a good idea for a mandatory tutorial the first time you boot the game up. Then new players can get a grip of the gameplay before heading straight to a match.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The aerial emphasis is likely what got Meta Knight to become top tier in the first place. I remember reading a post on SRK that mentioned that the balanced character, which is ideally Mario in this case, should be one of the best characters in the game. If Mario is top tier, this typically means that the game's several aspects are balanced. Anyway, I generally prefer ground based combat. The aerial combat shouldn't have been expanded on at the expense of the ground game.

@DekuBoy
BlazBlue actually makes the tutorial mode tab the first one you see every time you start the game. That doesn't mean you do it every time; it just means that the cursor is on that every time.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The aerial emphasis is likely what got Meta Knight to become top tier in the first place. I remember reading a post on SRK that mentioned that the balanced character, which is ideally Mario in this case, should be one of the best characters in the game. If Mario is top tier, this typically means that the game's several aspects are balanced. Anyway, I generally prefer ground based combat. The aerial combat shouldn't have been expanded on at the expense of the ground game.
Which brings up the point of why focus on aerial combat anyway? Look at some of the new characters that are playable; Metaknight, Pit, R.O.B, Charizard, Olimar, Ivysaur, King DDD, etc... Reason I pointed these characters out is they receive the most benefit from the new mechanics (unless I happen to be forgetting someone else). Olimar and Ivysaur may seem like odd choices but consider the fact their sole means of recovery are tether based. If the gravity were similar to Melee and things were "heavier" had they been, hypothetically, knocked off stage (Final Destination) by a Smash attack with 85% damage they wouldn't even get close enough to the stage to possibly recover. That isn't to say they can still do this in Brawl, but the mechanics make things easier to jump within range of the ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom