• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I don't see any objections adding Phoenix... But what could be his moves ? Similar A-button moves and different B-button moves ?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The objection part of my comment was also a joke :awesome:

But apart of Phoenix and a few others like Pico, Black Shadow or even Beastman, I don't see any other characters from F-Zero who could be added on the roster :/

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Goroh's to fat
/shot

I'd say, not in particular order, the few likely characters for F-Zero rep.

Goroh: Well, he's Captain Falcon's 'rival', more important, and a Brawl assist trophy. Pretty straightforward.

Black Shadow: Excluding Deathborn (SMASHBROSMIKE), he's the main villain. Only problem? Sakurai could make him a Falcon; no, a Ganondorf clone.

Jody Summers: I'm not a huge F-Zero know-it-all, but I'm pretty sure that she's one of the more popular and 'important' F-Zero pilots. to an extent. Also, she's a female and judging by Smash's pattern with series characters, she'd be the most likely female F-Zero rep.

Pico: Hm... I dunno about him. He is a killer, but I think the others are more likely. His, along with Dr. Stewart, only real advantage is being one of the first F-Zero characters (originating in the SNES one)

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Sakurai here. Why do you want SSB4 anyway? Brawl will always be better than SSBM.
<May contain sarcasm and Irony. :p

But anyways, heres what I want in Super Smash Bros. Rumble:

.Gameplay based on Brawl+(No tripping and ariel lag reduction) and Melee(Faster physics)
.An online mode that actually works
.Meta Knight not returning(No offense, but he almost tore the Super Smash Bros universe so much that you can see the core of it)
.Meowth, Geno and Bowser Jr joining in the Rumble
.SSB64 stages returning, and also some Melee (I can think of many stages which would of been better than what Sakurai chose) stages.

UberMario

Smash Master
Meta-Knight will return, he's nowhere near as broken as people say he is. Probably not the best example [as it's specific], but the best US MK, M2K, recently placed 3rd, to a Olimar and a Diddy Kong. I think it's fair to say he's undeserving of a ban, much less a true ban from the next game. You also apparently don't know how ridiculously powerful Pikachu is in SSB, and Fox is in Melee.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Umm...I kind of jumped in here, but is there a reason we're not bringing up Goroh?
Because he's not Captain Falcon.

Anyway, if we have to have a truly non-Falcon F-Zero character, I want James McCloud. Partially for the fact that he was only ever really meant to be a Starfox reference anyway so it'd be funny to see him in a game with Fox and partially because I think he'd actually make a decent character, albeit just a Falcon clone with Fox's specials.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, the way you deal with a broken character isn't to get rid of them, but to...you know, balance them. Now you can't have perfect balancing, but he'll probably get nerfed big time.

Also, while I know there's a certain other poster who lurks this thread that really wants him in, Meowth really doesn't have good chances. For one, we really should get Pokemon from different generations, and almost certainly will get one from the most recent game at the time of Smash 4. Next off, if the first generation were to actually be revisited, we'd certainly get Mewtwo back in, rather than Meowth.

Also, lol Geno.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Dont worry gents, im facepalming for the stupid post I made as well.
*facepalm*
Pic oh so related
:awesome:
I wouldn't mind Meowth, but I think he'd be more of a DLC candidate than in-game from the start.

Slightly off-topic, but apparently there's a Punch-Out-like game coming out for the iPhone and iPad..

Little SAMMY? Who the heck is Little Sammy? Is he some sort of Little Mac wannabe toddler?
lolwut

Okay, I don't really think this game's related to Ninty's Punch-Out, aside from Mike Tyson being a boxer you fight. ._.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Sakurai here. Why do you want SSB4 anyway? Brawl will always be better than SSBM.
<May contain sarcasm and Irony. :p

But anyways, heres what I want in Super Smash Bros. Rumble:

.Gameplay based on Brawl+(No tripping and ariel lag reduction) and Melee(Faster physics)
.An online mode that actually works
.Meta Knight not returning(No offense, but he almost tore the Super Smash Bros universe so much that you can see the core of it)
.Meowth, Geno and Bowser Jr joining in the Rumble
.SSB64 stages returning, and also some Melee (I can think of many stages which would of been better than what Sakurai chose) stages.
Never Geno. And Rumble? Whats Rumble?

UberMario

Smash Master
That's the name he gave to SSB4.

Odds are, it's going to be one of the following:

Most likely:
-Super Smash Bros. Tussle
-Super Smash Bros. Rumble
-Super Smash Bros. Showdown
Meh:
-Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale
-Super Smash Bros. Armageddon

Not likely:
-Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs
-Super Smash Bros. Scuffle
-Super Smash Bros.: The Newcomers
Nintendo vs. Everyone Else
Final Smash
Art of Smash
Smashin'
Mortal Smash Home-run Bat
Smash Caliber
Mario vs. Capcom
Street Smasher Eleventy-million: Whoever has limbs joins

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Hey, Toise, guess what I got at Gamestop today.
Guessing Layton and not MHTri because it's

A) a little cheaper
B) a handheld so it won't add to your console backlog
C) not dependent on your campus' internet for maximum funs
D) "guess what" = "that reminds me of a puzzle!"

I'd say, not in particular order, the few likely characters for F-Zero rep.

[Goroh > Shadow > Jody > Pico]
Mostly right, and in that order even. Scratch Pico though, he's not important like the other three (even though he would be in a perfect world, him and Mighty Gazelle, but oh well).

Also you should give yourself props for actually taking more than 5 seconds to learn about the characters in this series unlike most other people.

@big picture guys: You know what's 500 times better than stretching the forums?

this puzzle is worth 20/20 picarats

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Eww... SSB Tussle? thats a downgrade. ya didn't even mention the Revolution? for all we know, it would be called Super Smash Brothers 4... in fact, that is perfect. they can have them numbered from now on... Super Smash Brothers V after SSB4. rumble is fine for handheld, imo.
PS:
what do i do to earn a ToiseToken?

UberMario

Smash Master
Eww... SSB Tussle? thats a downgrade. ya didn't even mention the Revolution? for all we know, it would be called Super Smash Brothers 4... in fact, that is perfect. they can have them numbered from now on... Super Smash Brothers V after SSB4. rumble is fine for handheld, imo.
PS:
what do i do to earn a ToiseToken?
The Wii was codenamed the Revolution, so since that wasn't used for SSB3 (actually, wasn't that it's codename for a while?) it's probably out of the question.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
guessing layton and not mhtri because it's

a) a little cheaper
b) a handheld so it won't add to your console backlog
c) not dependent on your campus' internet for maximum funs
d) "guess what" = "that reminds me of a puzzle!"
DING DING DING! You get 30 Pictaracts!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Mostly right, and in that order even. Scratch Pico though, he's not important like the other three (even though he would be in a perfect world, him and Mighty Gazelle, but oh well).
:mad:

Toise, why do you say such things? You're asking for this, you know that? You're asking for it! While I suppose that if you count the anime and the related F-Zero games, Pico doesn't quite stack up, but those don't count! When you go with mainline F-Zero, Pico's importance is high! :mad:

Nowhere near enough to be a Smash character though. Its just the principle of the matter!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Interesting how we only seem to have peaks of activity only once or twice a week now. That's school for you, I suppose.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice

Also you should give yourself props for actually taking more than 5 seconds to learn about the characters in this series unlike most other people.

@big picture guys: You know what's 500 times better than stretching the forums?

this puzzle is worth 20/20 picarats
Collapse tags? ._.

True, true. I was a bit iffy about adding Pico to my list, anyway. And yes, I actually went to an F-Zero wiki to learn some info.
I R SMART

Would've done more research, but I was too tired to look at every single character (posted that post at around 2 AM EST)

:mad:

Toise, why do you say such things? You're asking for this, you know that? You're asking for it! While I suppose that if you count the anime and the related F-Zero games, Pico doesn't quite stack up, but those don't count! When you go with mainline F-Zero, Pico's importance is high! :mad:

Nowhere near enough to be a Smash character though. Its just the principle of the matter!
...are you an F-Zero fanatic or something? :scared:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Augusto Sauce: "Be excellent to each other." You have many tokens already!

@Kuma: Just to make sure, you got Curious Village, right? I'm assuming you're the type of guy to start from the beginning.

@Moogs: Pieman and I are the only ones who actually know F-Zero beyond wikis and cursory glances, though we have different ways of deducing importance in characters (especially in regards to potential playability in Smash).

Also I most definitely know more than Pieman does, don't believe his tricks.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Well, that is if you don't count me, since I have played F-Zero GX and the first one on the SNES (the GBA ones doesn't count since I played them on an emulator ><).

No love for Beastman ? :urg:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Not important, even though he's awesome and Hyper Speeder is my favorite vehicle in every game it's in.

The problem a lot of people have with picking F-Zero characters is that they see the huge cast and assume it's kind of a grab bag of personal favorites, they don't notice that there's a few characters who clearly stand out in prominence.

And I couldn't count anyone I didn't know played the games, don'tcha know.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma: Just to make sure, you got Curious Village, right? I'm assuming you're the type of guy to start from the beginning.
I had a misunderstanding with the guy at Gamestop. I thought Unwound Future was the first in the second trilogy so I go that. Either way, despite my frustration with some puzzles, I'm very much enjoying the game and I will likely go buy the first one next.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@Moogs: Pieman and I are the only ones who actually know F-Zero beyond wikis and cursory glances, though we have different ways of deducing importance in characters (especially in regards to potential playability in Smash).

Also I most definitely know more than Pieman does, don't believe his tricks.
I was under the impression that the only real thing that we disagreed on was Jody's role within the series, where you count it as important by viewing it for what its worth compared to others within the series, and me thinking that she isn't important by comparison to other characters in her position in other series.

But yous don'ts knows mores thans mes. I have a bachelors in F-Zerology! Won't help me much in today's economy, but its proof that I'm the best! :cool:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I had a misunderstanding with the guy at Gamestop. I thought Unwound Future was the first in the second trilogy so I go that. Either way, despite my frustration with some puzzles, I'm very much enjoying the game and I will likely go buy the first one next.
Well there's some continuity stuff that you won't appreciate as much and the first game has a few things that make it a little less convenient (no memos in most puzzles for one), but you should be fine overall.

I'm kind of a stickler for going in order though, I probably would've just put Unwound Future aside until I beat the other two, but you'll probably enjoy it either way.

@Pieman: Now that I think about it, Jody's really the only thing we ever really even discussed. I don't know if that means we mostly agree on everything else or we can't go very long without the subject changing, oh well.

Suddenly I remember asking you to see what BlackShadow_GX thought on the subject and then later finding he had some weird ideas for SSB4 in general.

edit: I got a master's, son

Pieman0920

Smash Master
*waltzes into topic to slam Toise again with my infinite rockin' knowledge*

*notice the screen has been stretched*

Aw nuts. Preliminary gripes with that thing are as followed
DLC packs instead of straight up inclusion for a fantasy roster
Too many third party characters
Mega Man Zero-Zero, rather than X-Zero.
Diskun
Black Shadow instead of Goroh
Erika got thrown into the main part with Ike being thrown into the DLC?
Erika in general
No Vyse!!

Oh yeah back at Toise, I suppose we haven't though that could just be a factor of how F-Zero's characters work out, and the realization that there really aren't that many options for how the series will progress, until something actually changes it.

I still think James McCloud would be a good F-Zero character to have.
.....Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom