• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
Ashnard could pull unique off, but only if he's on Majaion or whatever his name is. >_< And I think that would be REALLY weird, but that's just me.

I think if we have a lance weilder it should be Caeda, for being the primary lancer in the newest games, or Nephenee, for being the primary NOT CAVALRY lancer in the newest non-remake games.
Well, Caeda would probably also be on a pegasus, as it's her standard class.
Also, I don't think being the primary weapon weilder in a game is enough, the character should have something resembling lord status or plot relevance, shouldn't he? So, I suppose Nephenee is highly unlikely. Caeda would be possible, seeing as she can recruit most characters, she has some relevance.
Personally, I still feel that if there is to be a lance weilder included, Ephraim would be the most "logical" addition.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
...Wait, SuperMetroid44, were you really referring to a random generic Metroid as just Metroid and calling it a he? There's real no specific Metroid in the series besides possibly the baby Metroid from Super that grew into a giant version of itself, but that's still not something you can just call Metroid...heck, even calling it the Metroid seems a bit off. (Also calling it a "he" is dubious as it is, since while I don't quite think there can't be any real gender given to those things, odds are its closer to female than male) In any case, its really not something that can be regarded as suitable for a Smash character.
Oh, let's not get technical now. =P I meant the Metroid Hatchling, I called IT a HE since I have a habit of calling things HE or SHE's. So, please excuse that. I was only saying a generic Metroid since I believe the Baby Metroid died, but then again, lot's of bosses "die" and come back, but the story is clearly keeping with that it died, soooo... ._.

But I still support it, even though Ridley and Dark Samus are clearly more deserving, it'd be nice to have him. :3

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh, let's not get technical now. =P I meant the Metroid Hatchling, I called IT a HE since I have a habit of calling things HE or SHE's. So, please excuse that. I was only saying a generic Metroid since I believe the Baby Metroid died, but then again, lot's of bosses "die" and come back, but the story is clearly keeping with that it died, soooo... ._.

But I still support it, even though Ridley and Dark Samus are clearly more deserving, it'd be nice to have him. :3
...How can you support it though? I wasn't quite sure if you just said you liked the thing more than Ridley, and didn't actually suggest it as a playable character, but if you actually think it could be one....what are you smoking? Disregarding the fact that its constantly hovering, how is the thing going to attack? It has no arms or legs, and its only ability is to latch on to people, which quite frankly isn't something you can make over 20 moves for. Also how would it hold items or grab the ledge? Considering that its ability to latch onto people would be more suited to a grab, what exactly would its specials be? Its not even a matter of being more or less deserving, but rather a matter of it being viable at all.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, Caeda would probably also be on a pegasus, as it's her standard class.
Also, I don't think being the primary weapon weilder in a game is enough, the character should have something resembling lord status or plot relevance, shouldn't he? So, I suppose Nephenee is highly unlikely. Caeda would be possible, seeing as she can recruit most characters, she has some relevance.
Personally, I still feel that if there is to be a lance weilder included, Ephraim would be the most "logical" addition.
To bad his game is regarded as one of, if not the worst in the series.

Plus, Caeda by definition is a lord. She just doesn't get the title or unique battle animation. Also, just because she is a Pegasus Rider in Fire Emblem does not mean she HAS to ride one in Smash. They could always implement the Pegasus into a Final Smash.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
...How can you support it though? I wasn't quite sure if you just said you liked the thing more than Ridley, and didn't actually suggest it as a playable character, but if you actually think it could be one....what are you smoking? Disregarding the fact that its constantly hovering, how is the thing going to attack? It has no arms or legs, and its only ability is to latch on to people, which quite frankly isn't something you can make over 20 moves for. Also how would it hold items or grab the ledge? Considering that its ability to latch onto people would be more suited to a grab, what exactly would its specials be? Its not even a matter of being more or less deserving, but rather a matter of it being viable at all.
What am I smoking? Excuse me? Is everyone here ignorant? =/

And i'm still working on the movest. Grabbing edges... he can grab with his jaws or possible push his upper part sort of like holding it. Grabbing items, just grab it with it's jaws. No arms and legs is a huge disadvantage yes, but i'm still looking for a way around this, it's definately possible. I said, RIDLEY AND DARK SAMUS are more deserving, but I just SUPPORT it regardless.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Yes..yes I am....also going back through some of the old posts from the last few days, I noticed something else that bugged me...from you EP! You called the Black Knight a good choice compared to other FE villains because he was so unique....Seriously, what exactly were you thinking with that statement? Warp powder isn't used in combat, and the use of it as an explanation for being unique is a moot point, since a lot of characters have been given warping abilities, even if they don't actually use them for direct combat. As it stands, outside of the up special (I guess) he'd be pretty much obligated to be exactly by Ike by the virtue that they were trained by the same man, and have virtually the same weapon. Heck, Ike even uses warp powder in his intro, so why not just say he could have a teleporting moveset? (And exactly how would this really work for a game like Smash?)
Oh yea, there`s no doubt he`d bi sinilar. If there was a way to balance range and heavyweight, he might be a little different. The only reason I chose him was his slight important ovet character x. He, ashnard the dragon king guy are the only options from marth/ike land, and out of those 3, BK seemed to be the most unique...I was by no means trying to say he`s the best option, nor the only, justthe most likely, unique, non-lord.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Caeda IS more deserving than Nephenee, but I like Nephenee more. =P Preference. Anyway, I don't think Caeda is IMPORTANT because she can recruit everyone. I just think that means she is so manipulative that she can actually recruit the only recruitable boss in FE1/11.

And yeah, the Pegasus. But still, I say if Ashnard DID have his wyvern, then he would be unique. Other than that...

And we aren't ignorant. Let us look at a metroid. The basic metroid hovers and latches on to objects with its...pincer. Whatevers.

There are SEPARATE species that have OTHER abilities. There is ONE that is capable of latching on with a tentacle. However, it doesn't grab with its...pincer whatevers. There's ANOTHER species that can shoot phazon lightning. That's....its only unique ability.

The standard metroid doesn't do EITHER of those things. It's not really a matter of whether or not it can HAVE A MOVESET, I mean sure... Every attack could be it ramming the opponent. The problem is whether or not it can have a moveset deserving of a slot in a Smash Bros roster.

Also, there's Gharnef from "Marth Land". A magic user. What did he use? Nhulu or something weird like that? God I fail with these names. =P

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Caeda IS more deserving than Nephenee, but I like Nephenee more. =P Preference. Anyway, I don't think Caeda is IMPORTANT because she can recruit everyone. I just think that means she is so manipulative that she can actually recruit the only recruitable boss in FE1/11.

And yeah, the Pegasus. But still, I say if Ashnard DID have his wyvern, then he would be unique. Other than that...

And we aren't ignorant. Let us look at a metroid. The basic metroid hovers and latches on to objects with its...pincer. Whatevers.

There are SEPARATE species that have OTHER abilities. There is ONE that is capable of latching on with a tentacle. However, it doesn't grab with its...pincer whatevers. There's ANOTHER species that can shoot phazon lightning. That's....its only unique ability.

The standard metroid doesn't do EITHER of those things. It's not really a matter of whether or not it can HAVE A MOVESET, I mean sure... Every attack could be it ramming the opponent. The problem is whether or not it can have a moveset deserving of a slot in a Smash Bros roster.

Also, there's Gharnef from "Marth Land". A magic user. What did he use? Nhulu or something weird like that? God I fail with these names. =P
Oh no no, I get what your saying Majora. I think the correct term I mean is Pieman is ignorant. Tellin me "what are you smoking?" just for suggesting Metroid. That's completely rude and uncalled for. >.<

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh yea, there`s no doubt he`d bi sinilar. If there was a way to balance range and heavyweight, he might be a little different. The only reason I chose him was his slight important ovet character x. He, ashnard the dragon king guy are the only options from marth/ike land, and out of those 3, BK seemed to be the most unique...I was by no means trying to say he`s the best option, nor the only, justthe most likely, unique, non-lord.
....No, you said it was because he would be unique compared to other villains, not because of his importance (which isn't really that great, all things considering)

....But there you go back to saying he's unique...which seriously, he isn't. He's the least unique amongst the bunch due to that whole "trained by the same guy as Ike" thing along with the "same weapon" thing as well. By story obligation, he has to be the same...though a bit more heavy and powerful, which quite frankly isn't the direction an Ike clone should go.

What am I smoking? Excuse me? Is everyone here ignorant? =/

And i'm still working on the movest. Grabbing edges... he can grab with his jaws or possible push his upper part sort of like holding it. Grabbing items, just grab it with it's jaws. No arms and legs is a huge disadvantage yes, but i'm still looking for a way around this, it's definately possible. I said, RIDLEY AND DARK SAMUS are more deserving, but I just SUPPORT it regardless.
Ignorant in regards to what?

Anyways, sorry. I guess I was coming off as a bit harsh there, but its just such a dumb idea. The Metroid holding onto a ledge by just using its teeth, despite being a perpetually floating little squid thing is just strange. A Metroid trying to hold a Pokeball in its mouth and then throw it is silly. A Metroid trying to pick up a super-scope and shoot it is just awkward. A Metroid picking up a barrel and throwing it is just bizarre. Its quite clear that its not a real viable choice. And I don't care if you think Ridley and DS are more deserving, since I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the theoretics behind a Metroid with a moveset.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's like Sonic the Hedgehog. I know people who wanted...Key word wanted... Sonic in Brawl. They were disappointed by how many of Sonic's moves were spinning in a ball and hitting the opponent. And Sonic HAS alternatives technically.

A Metroid is in a worse position as far as moveset ORIGINALITY goes... It doesn't seem like it would be something people would enjoy PROGRAMMING, let alone playing for too long.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
....No, you said it was because he would be unique compared to other villains, not because of his importance (which isn't really that great, all things considering)

....But there you go back to saying he's unique...which seriously, he isn't. He's the least unique amongst the bunch due to that whole "trained by the same guy as Ike" thing along with the "same weapon" thing as well. By story obligation, he has to be the same...though a bit more heavy and powerful, which quite frankly isn't the direction an Ike clone should go.
Ah well I had to post from my phone, guess I wasn't as precise as I could have wanted...or I was just ignorant at the time. You are right in the fact that are some villains who are more unique (Nergal, Gharnef, [allegedly all of the japanese villains]).

Though out of Marth and Ike enemies I still believe he more unique than Ashnard (I don't think combat from a weyvern can be done very well.) and Medeus is a giant dragon monster.

Also, I don't think the fact that he was trained by Greil has that much of an impact as far as SSB movesets go. Granted he'd have a similar moves, but he could also use warp powder to teleport (I don't understand why you don't think this couldn't be implemented) as well as ranged attacks that were absent from Ike's arsenal (granted that could be hard to balance.).

Personally, I'd prefer Nergal or Whatshisface from Sacred Stones...leon or something?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ah well I had to post from my phone, guess I wasn't as precise as I could have wanted...or I was just ignorant at the time. You are right in the fact that are some villains who are more unique (Nergal, Gharnef, [allegedly all of the japanese villains]).

Though out of Marth and Ike enemies I still believe he more unique than Ashnard (I don't think combat from a weyvern can be done very well.) and Medeus is a giant dragon monster.

Also, I don't think the fact that he was trained by Greil has that much of an impact as far as SSB movesets go. Granted he'd have a similar moves, but he could also use warp powder to teleport (I don't understand why you don't think this couldn't be implemented) as well as ranged attacks that were absent from Ike's arsenal (granted that could be hard to balance.).

Personally, I'd prefer Nergal or Whatshisface from Sacred Stones...leon or something?
Hey hey hey. If ANYONE gets sword lasers, it's Link for his Skyward Sword recreation.

I'd say since the Marth saga is effectively the newest FE deal, or the REMAKES of it anyway, with the remake of 3 coming out in a few months... Gharnef seems likely enough.

If Caeda got in, she'd be broken, having the ability to convert any character into her "party"(team). =P She'd skip all the fighting altogether there. Haha.

I've actually been wondering, is 12 actually going to INCLUDE a remake of 11? I ask because apparently 3 has a remake of 1 as its "first half" with the sequel as the "second half", and 12 is supposed to be a remake of 3...

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Who knows, the marth saga is not my favorite entry.

Anyways, I forgot about Gharnef, I'd rather have him.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Who knows, the marth saga is not my favorite entry.

Anyways, I forgot about Gharnef, I'd rather have him.
I'd only PLAYED the Marth saga until just recently when I found Path of Radiance at Gamestop. I'll probably get Radiant Dawn.

I know NOTHING of whatever other sagas are in the two other games that I CAN play at this time. And don't even ask me about 2-6, those aren't even outside of Japan yet. But I have hope for remakes.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
I've actually been wondering, is 12 actually going to INCLUDE a remake of 11? I ask because apparently 3 has a remake of 1 as its "first half" with the sequel as the "second half", and 12 is supposed to be a remake of 3...
No it has no book 1.

Also clearly we need Jeigan as an Assist Trophy that grows weaker and weaker as the match proceeds.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh, so it's not ANOTHER remake of Shadow Dragon? Works for me. =P

But yeah, have him stay onstage for 25 seconds, and for the first 5 or so his attacks are 1HKOs, and then he gets progressively weaker until the last five where he hits like a fan.

BRILLIANT.

Okay, so slightly exaggerated. :3 Oh well.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
No it has no book 1.

Also clearly we need Jeigan as an Assist Trophy that grows weaker and weaker as the match proceeds.
Betteryet let's have a montage of all of the Jeigans from each game from Jedan himself right up to Titania

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just beat the main portion of Other M. I really don't see why people are hating on this game. Hopefully, this game will be better appreciated with time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like a fine wine. :)

I can't play til then 6th. :(
I don't know if you made a funny there or not. Assuming you've been aware about all the negative complaints, that's a good pun.

By the way, to whoever said the different Metroids were different species, that's not that case as each "species" is actually a stage in the life cycle. SPOILER:
The only exception I know of is the Queen Metroid which only Metroids with certain genetic traits will become.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know if you made a funny there or not. Assuming you've been aware about all the negative complaints, that's a good pun.

By the way, to whoever said the different Metroids were different species, that's not that case as each "species" is actually a stage in the life cycle. SPOILER:
The only exception I know of is the Queen Metroid which only Metroids with certain genetic traits will become.
Oh really. I'd honestly, and this is totally serious, love to know the process that causes metroids to switch on and off the abilities to commit self-fission, shoot lightning, and attack with tentacles.

I mean seriously, that just seems...bizarre....for one species to gain and lose those abilities throughout its life, when it'd be so much better a predator if it could pull things into its mouth with, and shoot lightning from, the fricking tentacle.

But that's beside the point. Even if that IS the case, there ISN'T a metroid that has any...multitude of abilities at one time.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just completed a 100% run through of Other M, rented it yesterday and beat it today. I liked it personally, yes the cut scenes were annoying at time, but gameplay was it was really good.

*SPOILERS*

I wish they would had given us the opportunity to fight MB Melissa at the end when she was controlling everything instead of what we got. :\

Also, Phantoon was much larger then I remember?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Just beat the main portion of Other M. I really don't see why people are hating on this game. Hopefully, this game will be better appreciated with time.
Comment kinda came out of nowhere. But I just recently beat the story portion of Other M as well. It had its weaknesses to be sure, but it was alright. Not a Prime or Super Metroid imo, but a fun game.

Spoiler?
The linearity is probably what bothered me the most... although this is somewhat remedied with the freedom of the after-story portion of the game. The story itself was a bit hard to swallow in places as well but was alright as a whole.

I've also heard much of the negativity towards this game and I understand the arguments. At the same time, I'm an optimist and admittedly wanted to see this game do well as a Metroid fan. I tried not to focus on its flaws and let the opinions of others color my own. In the end, I could see what I liked about it and what I didn't. Conclusion: I mostly enjoyed it, but wish it was better...

In regards to the second part, that is true for the most part. Every metroid you see in Metroid 2 for instance is just another stage in the same unaltered breed. However, the Prime series introduced genetically enhanced/altered metroids.

The fission metroids from Prime were genetically altered by phazon exposure. The phazon metroids of Corruption were force fed phazon by the Space Pirates to create another offshoot. The dark metroids from Echoes are another thing entirely so I wont get into that. The Prime series also described differences in Tallon, Zebesian, and SR388 native metroids.

Another spoiler?
Other M even featured metroids genetically enhanced by the Federation to be cold resistant

So you were right for the most part if you were disregarding unnatural mutations... you can blame the most recent games for that, lol.

*Huge Metroid Fan - if you couldn't tell :p*

------ Edit: btw, thanks for letting me use your spoiler trick xD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm a big Metroid fan as well. That being said, they can stop at adding in Ridley and Higgs and I'm a happy man.

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
To bad his game is regarded as one of, if not the worst in the series.

Plus, Caeda by definition is a lord. She just doesn't get the title or unique battle animation. Also, just because she is a Pegasus Rider in Fire Emblem does not mean she HAS to ride one in Smash. They could always implement the Pegasus into a Final Smash.
That's true, unfortunately, mainly because it was so easy to beat (it's HM is considered easier than some NMs from other games...).

It's not game over when Caeda dies, so she's not a lord.... or is there something I'm missing?
Anyway, without the pegasus, she's just a normal foot soldier, could as well use Ephraim who is considered one of the best lords in the series (tied with Hector for 3rd IIRC).

majora_787

Smash Hero
So do you guys who have played Other M think that there are any new characters who might be worth adding to a new Smash Bros?
Well, one would have to look at it this way: It'd have to be one of two things.

1. A promotional for Other M, a brand new yet important character.
2. A character who's been in other games, AND reappeared in Other M. Like Ridley.

There isn't really...ROOM...for anyone else, and the number of characters in Metroid is small enough as it is... It only gets smaller when you weed out IMPORTANT characters, and RECURRING important characters...

On another note, this got me thinking. Isn't Roy technically, and I'll say how in a sec, a SSB original? TECHNICALLY. Sure, he wasn't MADE specifically for Smash Bros. and put in a spinoff. But he never appeared in a video game until what, about a year after Melee?

Just sayin. It struck me as interesting. And now Uprising is getting the Brawl Look, which I think is cool. But yeah.

EDIT: Yeh. I guess that's sort of the Lord Rule: You die you fail. But actually, I think Elincia would be considered a lord. A near-endgame lord, but a lord nontheless. And she's...TECHNICALLY...a pegasus knight. But yeah, in chapters where she's involved, if she OR Ike die, you lose. So. It works.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
That's true, unfortunately, mainly because it was so easy to beat (it's HM is considered easier than some NMs from other games...).

It's not game over when Caeda dies, so she's not a lord.... or is there something I'm missing?
Anyway, without the pegasus, she's just a normal foot soldier, could as well use Ephraim who is considered one of the best lords in the series (tied with Hector for 3rd IIRC).
You're right she's not a lord. She is, however, par of what I call the lord-sub class archtype. Most games have a character (besides the jeigan) that has story importance, is sometimes needed for certain missions, etc.

Other Sub-lords (imo) are: Soren in Path of Radiance, Sothe (and Soren again) in Radiant Dawn, Caeda in 1, I guess I would calls Nils and ninian the sublords of Blazing sword (though only because there is no one else that fits the bill [3 lords ftw]), And I can' think if there was one in the sacred stones...

So I wouldn't count Caeda a likely addition...at all. Sub-lords are less important than lords, and even less than villains.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I doubt he is as well known as you make him out to be. Yes, he may be better recognized than say Sigurd considering Sacred Stones was released over seas. Still, from what I know there are many people who don't like Ephraim or Elena (though I personally did like Ephraim and wanted him to appear in Brawl).

So do you guys who have played Other M think that there are any new characters who might be worth adding to a new Smash Bros?
Anthony Higgs.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Soren? >_< I know he's important, but someone THAT squishy... I have a hard time seeing them as a "Lord" type anything.

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Yeh. I guess that's sort of the Lord Rule: You die you fail. But actually, I think Elincia would be considered a lord. A near-endgame lord, but a lord nontheless. And she's...TECHNICALLY...a pegasus knight. But yeah, in chapters where she's involved, if she OR Ike die, you lose. So. It works.
Sure, Elincia could easily count when you take FE 10 into account, she has a number of chapters with lord status there (2 chapters in part 2 and I think another 2 in part 4)

You're right she's not a lord. She is, however, par of what I call the lord-sub class archtype. Most games have a character (besides the jeigan) that has story importance, is sometimes needed for certain missions, etc.

Other Sub-lords (imo) are: Soren in Path of Radiance, Sothe (and Soren again) in Radiant Dawn, Caeda in 1, I guess I would calls Nils and ninian the sublords of Blazing sword (though only because there is no one else that fits the bill [3 lords ftw]), And I can' think if there was one in the sacred stones...

So I wouldn't count Caeda a likely addition...at all. Sub-lords are less important than lords, and even less than villains.
Gameplay wise I would rather compare her to the starter cavs, Lowen (Fe 7), Franz (FE 8) and Oscar (FE 9), she needs to be trained a bit but is easily one of the best units later on.

Sub-lords? Maybe, but if I had to define an archetype like that, it'd probably be characters that only retreat when they are defeated instead of dying. Soren definately fits that, unsure about FE10!Sothe at the moment, I think he's closer to both lord and Jeigan status though. In FE 7, the lord(s) that you didn't choose as main lord would fit the description, unsure about FE 8, didn't play that one in a while.

Personally, I think that the most likely additions are Hector, Ephraim and Sigurd (only when there is a FE 4 remake though). They are all well known and are, together with Ike, the strongest lords in FE history.
In case of a villain, Ashnard seems to be one of the most likely addition, alongside with the Black Knight (a bit similar to Ike I suppose, but on the other hand it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a few different moves). Neither FE 7, nor FE 8 really provide one as the final bosses in these games were a dragon and a demon. FE 10... maybe Lehran, but I really doubt it.
Overall, a villain seems to be unlikely when there are so many other characters to choose from imo.

EDIT: Ninja'd by two people... ingenious >_>

I doubt he is as well known as you make him out to be. Yes, he may be better recognized than say Sigurd considering Sacred Stones was released over seas. Still, from what I know there are many people who don't like Ephraim or Elena (though I personally did like Ephraim and wanted him to appear in Brawl).
I said he's considered one of the best, dunno that much about how well known he is in the US, but considering that it was the second game released there, a lot of people that picked up/liked FE 7, probably bought FE 8 as well.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
@Pieman: Ehh, I guess it's ok

It's like Sonic the Hedgehog. I know people who wanted...Key word wanted... Sonic in Brawl. They were disappointed by how many of Sonic's moves were spinning in a ball and hitting the opponent. And Sonic HAS alternatives technically.

A Metroid is in a worse position as far as moveset ORIGINALITY goes... It doesn't seem like it would be something people would enjoy PROGRAMMING, let alone playing for too long.
Uh, I don't think anyone can tell what Nintendo likes PROGRAMMING. =P Anyway, as I said, just a idea, there are more deserving Metroid characters, but it doesn't mean it's stupid for me to support him. Still making that movest~

majora_787

Smash Hero
@Pieman: Ehh, I guess it's ok

Uh, I don't think anyone can tell what Nintendo likes PROGRAMMING. =P Anyway, as I said, just a idea, there are more deserving Metroid characters, but it doesn't mean it's stupid for me to support him. Still making that movest~
I'm assuming Nintendo's programmers are people, and to my understanding, people dislike boring tasks. =P

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Soren? >_< I know he's important, but someone THAT squishy... I have a hard time seeing them as a "Lord" type anything.
Don't be hating, Soren's muh boy.

Anyway. I guess Caeda could be a "lowen", but she has more stroy importance which I think also qaulfies her for sublord.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I'm assuming Nintendo's programmers are people, and to my understanding, people dislike boring tasks. =P
Programming Metroid would be a boring task? =P I thought it would be a HARD task, not boring. I don't think anyone enjoys programming all that stuff, so that's not valid. =P

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. That explains why they took clones out. >_< Mostly. Okay, so there's ONE. But that's better than the original FIVE.

2. Soren being squishy has nothing to do with my opinion on him. =P

3. Considering every attack would most likely consist of almost the exact same thing every time except for specials, the only one conceivable one being the same as its grab (in actual action, not effect.) I would say it would be a VERY boring and pretty difficult task.

And I say this again because of differences between metroid types. Show me one that has the abilities of every metroid except for the queen, and then I'll say it's not horrifically boring and not worth the work required.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
1. That explains why they took clones out. >_< Mostly. Okay, so there's ONE. But that's better than the original FIVE.

2. Soren being squishy has nothing to do with my opinion on him. =P

3. Considering every attack would most likely consist of almost the exact same thing every time except for specials, the only one conceivable one being the same as its grab (in actual action, not effect.) I would say it would be a VERY boring and pretty difficult task.

And I say this again because of differences between metroid types. Show me one that has the abilities of every metroid except for the queen, and then I'll say it's not horrifically boring and not worth the work required.
You'll decide? Do you work for Nintendo? Cuz I think NINTENDO will decide if it's worth the work, not you. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom