• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Melee's intro does not have as much bearing as Subspace Emissary. Your second point is both valid and invalid. I specifically stated that in game appearance size does not matter, I was strictly going off his size in Brawl. To my knowledge Sakurai's comment regarding Ridley was made prior to Brawl's release and stated that if they were able to implement him he would be slow and awkward. If that is the case then it only confirms in my mind that they intended for him to be playable but he did not work out.

I support Anthony Higgs since he is alive and well. Pop him in another game and we're set. Anthony Higgs, Sylux, and Dark Samus (though dead) are still options outside of Ridley.
You know, I remember one time getting a Super Mushroom as Samus against Ridley, and they were about the same. Maybe if you scaled Ridley by 2/3, he'd be just fine. The biggest character? Sure, but a reasonable amount of range with a large hitbox seems reasonable.
You could say that he's fine with one game considering Ike only had one at the time of his inclusion (which, development wise, had to be sometime before Radiant Dawn). Still, I think I could see Higgs appearing in a post-Fusion game. I kind of feel that he and Adam are the only friends that Samus really has left.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Have we met a legitamate vertict on the main topic of this thread? Perhaps the Pieman can hook me up, my impression of you has been that you tend to be pretty well read and descriptive.
...This thread has a main topic? I thought it was just a GD for SSB4 until it's announced. At that point, I assume the character boards will have Character Support Groups stuffed down their throats until the game comes out.

I could be wrong, I've done it before.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Smash 4 will either be announced at E3 2012 or E3 2013. It really depends upon the year in which Nintendo plants to release the Wii's successor. Right now Sakurai is busy with Kid Icarus Uprising, which I think he will probably finish by the second quarter of 2011 (first quarter of 2011 at the earliest). So at the earliest we are looking at another 1.7 years of waiting before we see Smash 4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wait... Baby Ridley? Let me see if I got this straight... Possible Metroid: Other M spoilers ahead!
So there are more than one Ridley? Ridley is a species now? Well, that would explain why it seemed like Ridley was always coming back from the dead and always acted like a wild animal. Samus kills Ridley in one game. A new Ridley appears in the next game. Samus kills this new Ridley and yet another Ridley appears in the next game. And all Ridleys are too big.
Ridley isn't even the main villain of the Metroid series. Mother Brain was the main villain in Metroid and Super Metroid. Queen Metroid was the main villain in Metroid II. SA-X was the main villain in Metroid Fusion. Metroid Prime / Dark Samus was the main villain of the Metroid Prime trilogy. I am starting to think that there is no main villain of the whole Metroid series. No wonder he was one of the bosses in the Subspace Emissary. All the bosses were not the main villains of their respective series. They were just popular bosses.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I wonder how many supporters Ridley would have if Metroid simply got another, non samus, character (since the first addition didn`t do it for em).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually.....

Baby Ridley seemed to recognize Samus considering that he was staring at her intensely when she got her back turned. Also, Samus in Other M mentions that Ridley is her arch-nemesis. Ridley also speaks in the manga which Other M bases much of itself off of. It seems Ridley might save himself from death the same Piccolo Daimou from Dragon Ball did. Which is spit out an egg, with a child that remembers a lot of its "fathers" techniques and memories

As to the above comment, most Ridley fans are fans of the actual character not of the fact that he is the only re-occurring character besides Samus. So yeah, most Ridley fans probably would not be satisfied if another Metroid character were added besides Ridley. However, I could probably say that most Metroid fans would be satisfied if no other Metroid newcomers were ever added to Smash Bros ever again after Ridley (meaning most Metroid fans would be content if Metroid's representation only remained to be Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley). Ridley is actually a metaphor for death and the Zero Mission booklet even gives him the title, "The Cunning God of Death". I actually have written more into this metaphor on some Metroid boards.

Also Golden Sun 3 is going to be released this year it seems. Golden Sun seems overdue for a playable representative especially considering how well it sells. Its probably on the same level as the Mother series in terms of popularity in Japan (which is they sell around 400k per installment), yet it has no playable representative yet. It does not help that Sakurai says that he felt that there were "no series since Pikmin" worthy of a playable character, though the original Golden Sun was released before Pikmin so I am not sure if his statement applies to that.

Here is the press release:
The dawn of a new entry in the renowned Golden Sun™ video game series has nearly arrived in North America. Nintendo has announced that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the top-selling Nintendo DS™ family of portable game systems will launch on Nov. 29.

Offering a planet-sized world of adventure to explore and conquer, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn puts the raw power of the elements in players’ hands. Each of the game’s playable characters is capable of carrying Djinn, spirits that imbue their owner with unique and powerful abilities. Players can collect more than 70 unique Djinn, granting them the ability to summon mighty deities who unleash devastating attacks that fill both Nintendo DS screens. Djinn powers can also be used to navigate puzzling dungeons and overworld environments that will have players flinging fireballs to burn away obstacles, freezing water to raise platforms, or summoning whirlwinds to create bridges out of floating objects.

Taking place 30 years after the events of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for the Game Boy™ Advance system, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn introduces a new generation of heroes that are struggling to survive in a radically changed world. What begins as a simple journey to rescue a lost friend turns into a dramatic quest to save the land from catastrophe as players are drawn into a world full of magical energy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, Matthew is Isaac's son. Matthew is so going to be the Golden Sun rep, not Isaac. Hey! They look exactly the same, only with different clothes, and they even have the same powers! So we can have Matthew and some people who wanted Isaac instead can pretend that he is Isaac. It is the same deal with Ninten and Ness.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, Matthew is Isaac's son. Matthew is so going to be the Golden Sun rep, not Isaac. Hey! They look exactly the same, only with different clothes, and they even have the same powers! So we can have Matthew and some people who wanted Isaac instead can pretend that he is Isaac. It is the same deal with Ninten and Ness.
Yep. Heck, the artwork for Mattew also has him in same pose as Isaac's offial Brawl artwork. See for yourself:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know. ;) I pointed it out several months ago.... it is probably buried deep somewhere in this thread. :p

It is really very interesting how some new games are taking references from Brawl... just like how Brawl took references from the original games.

Kid Icarus: Uprising had Pit running in the dark and then the door opens to let light in and Pit drops out to fly.... just like what Pit did in Brawl's Subspace Emissary.

The very first official artwork to promote Golden Sun: Dark Dawn has Matthew posing in the same way Isaac posed in his Brawl trophy.

The boss battle between Samus and Ridley in Metroid: Other M has Ridley grabbing Samus and scrapping her against the wall while he is flying came from Ridley's cutscene in Brawl's Subspace Emissary.

Edit: Oh, and could you get a smaller version of this Golden Sun art and edit your post? It is too big like Ridley it is stretching the page. :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
On I wanted to see if anyone caught this, this was a 3DS hands-on article written by Kotaku about a collection of demoes on the 3DS displays:

...and then there was a curious reel of more than a dozen old-school games, including Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Urban Champion, Kid Icarus, Yoshi's Island, Smash Ping Pong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Tennis, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Mystery of Murasame Castle. The games in this batch were never made with polygons. They were built with flat sprites, many of them dependent on scrolling backgrounds to provide any illusion of depth.
I wonder if we may finally see a Western release of that game?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On I wanted to see if anyone caught this, this was a 3DS hands-on article written by Kotaku about a collection of demoes on the 3DS displays:

I wonder if we may finally see a Western release of that game?
Well, there is a mode of Samurai Warriors 3 that plays sort of like a 3-D version of Murasame and it also has Takamaru as a secret character. I am surprised it was not made as an import title for the Virtual Console considering that there is very little text in that game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Takamaru for SSB4! I have been saying this for over a year now. Nintendo is starting to give Takamaru and his only game more attention now than they ever did for the last 20 years. He is going through a similar path Little Mac went through before he finally got a new game.

Takamaru
- appears as a NPC in Captain Rainbow
- playable guest appearance in Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3
- sticker appearance in Brawl

Little Mac
- playable guest appearance in GCN version of Fight Night Round 2
- Assist Trophy appearance in Brawl

LucasKing

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1139-2255
Bwahahahahahaha... I have been reading this forum lately just too see what some people wan't and I will tell you one thing, we will not see Shadow The Hedgehog...

Reasons why:
1. If they had STH then that would just be a 92% clone of Sonic
2. How would they even make Shadows move set? (Sonic and Shadow are almost the exact same thing)
3. No they will not have Shadow with a gun and a motorcycle
4. Hes better off being an assist trophy
5. There are plenty of other Sonic characters that they can use that are completely different (example: Tails)
Sorry fan boys your kinda screwed...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Takamaru for SSB4! I have been saying this for over a year now. Nintendo is starting to give Takamaru and his only game more attention now than they ever did for the last 20 years. He is going through a similar path Little Mac went through before he finally got a new game.

Takamaru
- playable guest appearance in Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3
- sticker appearance in Brawl

Little Mac
- playable guest appearance in GCN version of Fight Night Round 2
- Assist Trophy appearance in Brawl
It would be great to see Takamaru come out of the shadows and receive a new game. For the most part it would be a fresh experience to the general population. Plus, it would be great to have a samurai in Brawl who isn't some big oaf with goggles... >_>

Since we are on the subject of Takamaru. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqLdRUngRbk

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When I think of Takamaru as a Smash fighter, I think about these martial arts films that involve swordplay. I really think he would be very unique and would bring something new to the table... and he would represent a new franchise that is not repped yet.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Bwahahahahahaha... I have been reading this forum lately just too see what some people wan't and I will tell you one thing, we will not see Shadow The Hedgehog...

Reasons why:
1. If they had STH then that would just be a 92% clone of Sonic
2. How would they even make Shadows move set? (Sonic and Shadow are almost the exact same thing)
3. No they will not have Shadow with a gun and a motorcycle
4. Hes better off being an assist trophy
5. There are plenty of other Sonic characters that they can use that are completely different (example: Tails)
Sorry fan boys your kinda screwed...
From what I observed, most people who had been here for a longer time don't believe any Sonic newcomer will make it into SSB4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good! We don't need more Sonic characters in Smash. This is Super Smash Bros., not Sonic vs. Nintendo and not Nintendo vs. Sega.

jamesfoote

Smash Rookie
I am caught in a bind. I'm semi-new to Brawl and I have been asking my brother (he's a much better player than I) for help. He says I have to learn the game. How do I do this? What steps do I take? Can someone describe to me how to get better at the game. As opposed to getting better with a character of course.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Good! We don't need more Sonic characters in Smash. This is Super Smash Bros., not Sonic vs. Nintendo and not Nintendo vs. Sega.
I'm one of those guys who want more Sonic (or reasonable 3rd parties) in SSB4. Smash Bros. has always been a crossover, I don't think it will ruin the entire game.

That's my opinion. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am caught in a bind. I'm semi-new to Brawl and I have been asking my brother (he's a much better player than I) for help. He says I have to learn the game. How do I do this? What steps do I take? Can someone describe to me how to get better at the game. As opposed to getting better with a character of course.
Play Melee or a better fighting game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I got heavily ninjad in my last post. Or maybe the pages are messing up for me. That happens. I'm gonna just jump on a few little subjects here.

1. The Ridley argument was horrifyingly stupid. Ridley was put in as a boss, so he was given a boss's size. That does not disprove him as being POSSIBLE for a playable character. Sakurai said he could have been made to work with more time, in which case, he would have been a FIGHTER and given a FIGHTER'S size.

I swear, it's like the door to Anti-Ridley Arguments can only be opened by those unwilling to accept, or those without common sense. One or the other.

No offense to the VERY VERY VERY few who actually seriously think about it before they speak.

And on size for villains overall, Ridley, Bowser, and Ganondorf ALL have size fluxuations. Bowser's just does it the most, ranging from just bigger than in Melee, to so big he could take a bite out of a Leviathan Seed like it was a slice of watermelon.

ANYWAY, because the Ridley arguments are annoying and it's the same process of "Person A provides common sense response while Person B ignores it and says Ridley is too big" before starting over, I'll keep going here.

Metroid deserves three representatives. So does Fire Emblem. Honestly, I thought Radiant Dawn was the newest game for SOME REASON. But playing Path of Radiance makes me feel like there are so many characters who would make great fighting game characters, I almost wish there could be a SSB spinoff with Fire Emblem characters.

I swear, Fire Emblem is becoming more and more one of my top five series each time I play it.

No Shadow the Hedgehog. NO Metal Gear, NO Sonic. Sonic and Snake are special, getting in individually because of fan demand and a personal favor respectively. BY NO MEANS DOES IT OPEN THE FRIGGIN' FLOODGATES TO KONAMI AND SEGA. Stop it. I swear.

I know next to nothing of Golden Sun, even though I would love to play it. I also know next to nothing of Takamaru's game, but to my understanding the situation was a lot like this...

Kid Icarus : Metroid :: Takamaru's game, whatever it is : The Legend of Zelda

If someone could educate me a little before I get involved in THAT conversation, awesome.

I personally would like to see Little Mac in Smash, I'd be really entertained to see a character fight exclusively with punches. =P I'm sure they can make it work, no doubt about it. They do something similar already with sword-exclusive characters, but grabs will have to be somewhat...different, I imagine.

Woo, I feel like this is a really long post. >_< Maybe it's because I don't do subject multi-tasking this often.

EDIT: Come now. Don't start the Melee > Brawl / Brawl > Melee thing, that argument is more pointless and overmilked than the Ridley argument. I swear.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to be good at a fighting game without being good with a character, and practicing the basics in general.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally would like to see Little Mac in Smash, I'd be really entertained to see a character fight exclusively with punches. =P I'm sure they can make it work, no doubt about it. They do something similar already with sword-exclusive characters, but grabs will have to be somewhat...different, I imagine.

Woo, I feel like this is a really long post. >_< Maybe it's because I don't do subject multi-tasking this often.

EDIT: Come now. Don't start the Melee > Brawl / Brawl > Melee thing, that argument is more pointless and overmilked than the Ridley argument. I swear.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to be good at a fighting game without being good with a character, and practicing the basics in general.
Balrog and Dudley, two boxers who have very different styles, should be enough to give an idea how grabs work.

The whole "play Melee" things is just a meme although I would much rather play Melee over Brawl, but I don't have the game with me, a working controller, a good memory card, and other people to play it with.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Balrog and Dudley, two boxers who have very different styles, should be enough to give an idea how grabs work.

The whole "play Melee" things is just a meme although I would much rather play Melee over Brawl, but I don't have the game with me, a working controller, a good memory card, and other people to play it with.
Balrog is the guy who used to be M. Bison from Street Fighter, right?

Yeh, I used to be really into Street Fighter. xP I guess I got out of close-competition SF when it started to be on consoles I couldn't afford. But that isn't the point.

I still really wish they would make a SSB spin-off with Fire Emblem characters. Playing Fire Emblem and looking at characters from it in smash now, I wouldn't mind seeing things like Nephenee versus Camus. Just for lulz and whatnot, of course.

It might just be because we'll probably not get characters like Camus or Medeus from Shadow Dragon, or Ashnard or the Black Knight from Path of Radiance.

We'll just end up getting lords. I mean, I'm fine with that, I really am, but I think it helps SSB's fanservice bit when you can have epic showdowns like that...

Even though, I think Ashnard would have to be the most bizarre heavyweight ever created.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I still stand behind my main man Stanly the Bugman.
Oh S**t, its Day 12! oh and uh, 33 spots left.
So that makes it...

SSB64:
Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Cap
Yoshi
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox

Melee:
Young Link
Roy
Mewtwo

Brawl:
Lucus
Pokemon Trainer

Cut:
Toon Link
Mr. Game & Watch

Character of tha day:
Ganondorf.

You know the drill, vote & nominate 3 smash vets yadda yadda yadda

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Balrog is the guy who used to be M. Bison from Street Fighter, right?

Yeh, I used to be really into Street Fighter. xP I guess I got out of close-competition SF when it started to be on consoles I couldn't afford. But that isn't the point.
He's still M. Bison, but only in Japan. Remember, they rotated the names of Boxer, Claw, and Dictator because of Balrog's Japanese name as Capcom USA didn't want to get sued.

majora_787

Smash Hero
He's still M. Bison, but only in Japan. Remember, they rotated the names of Boxer, Claw, and Dictator because of Balrog's Japanese name as Capcom USA didn't want to get sued.
I always wondered why one name led to a three-way rotation... Even though, I like Vega more for 'Claw'... ANYWAY, not the point. =P

But lawl, at Mike Bison. For a boxing character.

I looked it up, and yeah, I saw something very amusing. It would probably work as a grab. xD It looked completely illegal, though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always wondered why one name led to a three-way rotation... Even though, I like Vega more for 'Claw'... ANYWAY, not the point. =P

I looked it up, and yeah, I saw something very amusing. It would probably work as a grab. xD It looked completely illegal, though.
Are you talking about the head bang? Or are you talking about his 720 Ultra?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I wish I could get good at Street Fighter >.>...maybe I`ll play later

Anyway.

Keep Ganondorf, completely the same, no gay sword, no transformation, straigh bamf wizard-tank.

nominate: link zelda snake

majora_787

Smash Hero
The head bang. That looks illegal, but 720 ultra SOUNDS illegal. So.

>_< God. Now I wish there were more Fire Emblem games I could play, I've really been getting into the series. Crap. I want that new game for the DS to come out in the states in a few months or something.

I honestly feel Fire Emblem is weird when it comes to Fire Emblem. Since each game usually is its own unrelated generation of heroes and villains, sometimes with slightly connectable details...
Was I the only one who connected the Dragon Tribe of Goldoa with the Manaketes of Dolhr?
It ends up always being a more recent lord representing the game, but no villain. I don't want to stretch it and say Fire Emblem deserves 4, considering its history isn't very...extensive... starting in the US after the sixth game... But again, epic battles like Ike vs Ashnard or Marth vs Camus would be pretty cool to enact... Especially in a 2v2 Smash Bros. field. And isn't that the sort of thing Smash Bros. is for?

... xD Excuse me for rambling about Fire Emblem. Once in a while, I get hooked on a series heavily. It happened with TLoZ, Metroid, and Pikmin... In that order.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm always available to help. If you need more, just go to SRK and check the newbie forum.

Anyway, keep Ganondorf. I'm okay with him being a wizard-tank, but please get rid of all connections to Captain Falcon. He doesn't need to have a weapon, he just doesn't need to resemble the captain.

@majora
This is that 720 Ultra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbg_GUlppl4

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm always available to help. If you need more, just go to SRK and check the newbie forum.

Anyway, keep Ganondorf. I'm okay with him being a wizard-tank, but please get rid of all connections to Captain Falcon. He doesn't need to have a weapon, he just doesn't need to resemble the captain.

@majora
This is that 720 Ultra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbg_GUlppl4
That was the one I had seen, but it had only shown the headbut. =P Eh. Thanks, though, yay insight. Even though, I doubt Little Mac will act as beefy as Balrog.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think he'd lean more to Dudley. Little Mac doesn't strike me as a defensive character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The Ridley argument was horrifyingly stupid. Ridley was put in as a boss, so he was given a boss's size. That does not disprove him as being POSSIBLE for a playable character. Sakurai said he could have been made to work with more time, in which case, he would have been a FIGHTER and given a FIGHTER'S size.

I swear, it's like the door to Anti-Ridley Arguments can only be opened by those unwilling to accept, or those without common sense. One or the other.

No offense to the VERY VERY VERY few who actually seriously think about it before they speak.

And on size for villains overall, Ridley, Bowser, and Ganondorf ALL have size fluxuations. Bowser's just does it the most, ranging from just bigger than in Melee, to so big he could take a bite out of a Leviathan Seed like it was a slice of watermelon.
Thanks for the insult. Never mind the fact that some people may have legitimate objections to Ridley. I'm not some ignorant Ridley hater, as I stated before I heavily advocated for him pre-Brawl. Subspace Emissary changed my mind though, and even assuming that he was playable I don't want him to get in solely because of popularity and wind up as a terrible fighter.

By the way, you do realize your rescaling argument has primarily applied to characters who have increased in size? In Bowser's case he was scaled down AS he appeared in Melee, he didn't appear as some giant in Smash 64 then change to become playable. As far as Sakurai's statement goes I have read it and it can be taken one of two ways.

In the end it doesn't matter, if he becomes playable that is fantastic if he does not no skin off my back. I have other characters I'm pulling for, such as Megaman.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Actually.....
As to the above comment, most Ridley fans are fans of the actual character not of the fact that he is the only re-occurring character besides Samus. So yeah, most Ridley fans probably would not be satisfied if another Metroid character were added besides Ridley. However, I could probably say that most Metroid fans would be satisfied if no other Metroid newcomers were ever added to Smash Bros ever again after Ridley (meaning most Metroid fans would be content if Metroid's representation only remained to be Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley). Ridley is actually a metaphor for death and the Zero Mission booklet even gives him the title, "The Cunning God of Death". I actually have written more into this metaphor on some Metroid boards.
Ridley is a good choice for SSB4, hands down. Though in all honestly, I would perfer Metroid as a playable character since he's cooler. <3

Except it's not. Ness is in and not Ninten, so they'll most likely go with the one well known. Also, you don't decide the roster, so. ;)

Ignorance, is what I read from this post. I don't see how one more Sonic character would make it be known as that. But Shadow definately doesn't deserve it, most likely Tails or Amy would be great.

I got heavily ninjad in my last post. Or maybe the pages are messing up for me. That happens. I'm gonna just jump on a few little subjects here.

1. The Ridley argument was horrifyingly stupid. Ridley was put in as a boss, so he was given a boss's size. That does not disprove him as being POSSIBLE for a playable character. Sakurai said he could have been made to work with more time, in which case, he would have been a FIGHTER and given a FIGHTER'S size.

ANYWAY, because the Ridley arguments are annoying and it's the same process of "Person A provides common sense response while Person B ignores it and says Ridley is too big" before starting over, I'll keep going here.
Annnnnnd, another ignorant post. ._.

Also, just for some more lulz, I want Nintendog to be a playable in SSB4. Nintendogs is quite a popular series, and with the new Nintendogs + Cats coming out, I think it would be definite. Honestly, I think a dog can fight. =P

EDIT: Nice stuff guys, all these comments keep making me come back since this topic is getting interesting, Thanks to you~

majora_787

Smash Hero
Thanks for the insult. Never mind the fact that some people may have legitimate objections to Ridley. I'm not some ignorant Ridley hater, as I stated before I heavily advocated for him pre-Brawl. Subspace Emissary changed my mind though, and even assuming that he was playable I don't want him to get in solely because of popularity and wind up as a terrible fighter.

By the way, you do realize your rescaling argument has primarily applied to characters who have increased in size? In Bowser's case he was scaled down AS he appeared in Melee, he didn't appear as some giant in Smash 64 then change to become playable. As far as Sakurai's statement goes I have read it and it can be taken one of two ways.

In the end it doesn't matter, if he becomes playable that is fantastic if he does not no skin off my back. I have other characters I'm pulling for, such as Megaman.
1. Do you know how many people have legitimate objections? Not very many. Do you know how many actually legitimate objections there are? None.

2. The point of smash is a fanservicing environment, with the balance of the game coming second. Look at Meta Knight.

3. Just so you know, no serious insult was intended, but people use the same argument over and over again no matter how many times it is proven wrong. It's like it's all people have to deny him anymore. Sorry if you took offense to my irritability.

4. I think he was pretty straightforward with what he said. He said he could make Ridley work with time, and he would be slow. Also, Bowser did not just increase in size in each game. He jumps all over when it comes to specifics. Ganondorf's exactness is somewhat... not the best example, I will admit, since he has only three incarnations, two of which do not matter here.

5. In all honesty, I'll get SSB4 anyway. I would just love for my second favorite series to get the representation it deserves. And I feel Ridley is the only REAL applicant for that position. I just get bothered when Metroid, generally speaking, is not aknowledged as much as I feel it should. And it's really weird when it's done by their own company. Bleh...

I'm just going to stray away from the Ridley arguments and go into other stuff. I STILL want a better situation with Fire Emblem, but honestly, how many characters are in Fire Emblem that deserve a spot in a fighting game?

Bleh... Which is why, I know I've said it a few times and it's annoying, but I think they need to just make a SSB spin-off for Fire Emblem characters.

One of my favorite games ever if it's a decent fighter where I can use Nephenee, Camus, Ashnard, and Navarre in fights to the death with sharp pointy objects. But, that's just me.

EDIT: Yep, I'm so ignorant because I don't believe one character could be the only one to be cut from smash because of size alone. In the history of the universe. God forbid, right?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros. series isn't very consistent in some things. Look, from fighting dolls controlled by probably a crazy kid in SSB64 it has gone to epic Latin chanting, trophies and Subspace Emissary with something like Tabuu in SSBB.
Therefore, I approve Ridley in SSB4.

*voting thing*
keep Ganon, plz.
*nominated Sonic, new: Luigi and Bowser*

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Since I hate getting into conflict, i'll say this:
The Ridley fans will get pissed if hes in the game or not, because there has to be antother character they support
The Ridley-Haters will get mad for the same reasons, except swiched.
All in all, people wont be happy with the game completely, and by this time next month some other Popular character's going to have a huge debate, while other, not-so-popular character (EX: My choice, Stanley the Bugman) choices will get debated and Ridley will be forgotton. The Question is, who will it be? I can already see li'l mac and FE discussion starting.
So i'll say this:
Li'l Mac=Epic Win
FE: Hector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom