• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lets see in ssb4 i would love to see knuckles bomberman and megaman from battle network i think bomber man should have been in brawl but nentendo wasnt realy thinking bomber mans move set would be simalar to that of the prymids from the subspace emissary knuckles would have a simaler move set to the o9ne he had in sonic battle and megaman would have the same move set he had in onimusha blade worriors keep lucario put mewtwo back in with a very diffrent move set roy has his melee move set weakin metaknight make tails an assist trophy and revamp everyones final smash and i will be happy
..............huh?

skyblast9

Smash Rookie
i Have Been Thinking About This For A While Now. The First Thing To Do Is Get Sakurai Off Of The Smash Bros Projects. You Need To Get Someone In Who Can Think Of The Competitive Scene And The Casual Scene. Someone Who Is Creative And Will Make An Epic Game. Someone Who Will Keep To Their Word.

The Most Obvious Fixes Are No More Clones. That Means A Lot Of Work Is Going To Be Needed For Fox, Falco, And Wolf. I Don't Even Know Why Gannon Is A Clone. I Am Not Sure How To Fix The Space Animals But I Have Some Ideas For Gannondorf.

Usmash - Captain Falcons Usmash But More Powerful Like It Was In Melee.
Dair - The Stomp Should Stay With Gannon

B- His Dark Energy Orbs From Ocarania Of Time. The More You Charge It The More That Shoot Out.
Down B - Silver Spears Fall From Above Gannon And Land Next To Him On Either Side. Somewhat Like Dk's Down B.
Side B- He Thrust Across The Stage With His Sword Out. Like Ike's Except, He Doesn't Have To Charge It And He Doesn't Swing The Sword He Just Runs Into His Foe.

Uair - He Thrust His Sword Into The Air
Fair - He Swings His Sword In Front Of Him. The Middle Spikes
Bair - Like Captain Falcon's Bair Except Add A Sword To It.

Dsmash - Gannon Slams His Sword Into The Ground Causing A Small Shockwave On Both Sides Of Him. Like Charizards D-smash
Fsmash - Could Be Another Sword Smash Or Just A Really Strong Punch

So That Is One Clone Out Of The Way.

Story Mode: One Of The Main Issues With Story Mode Was That It Was Pretty Repetitive. You Have A Wide List Of Game Characters Many Of Which Came From Side Scrollers. Utilize Their Different Level Style Then Just Walk Around Fight Enemies Reach The End. Through In Some Jumping, Platforming, Puzzles, Speed Runs. I Bet You Could Even Get Away With Some Strategy Role Playing Levels.

I Came Up With An Idea For A Story. It Starts Out With Your Villains Getting Trounced By Their Respective Arch Rival And Turned Into A Trophy. Eggman And Master Hand Round Up The Villains And Create A Little Alliance Between Them All. Eggman Has Hatched A Plan That Require Collecting Energy Sources In Order To Power His New Secret Weapon That Will Allow The Villains To Rule Their Respective Worlds. The Robot Also Has The Ability To Utilize Moves From Other Fighters. So As A Side Mission The Villains Are To Collect The Dna Of All The Heroes. In The End The Crystal Shards, Chaos Emeralds, Powerstars, And Triforce Of Power Are Rounded Up. The Robot, I Figure Would Look Something Like Emerl But Maybe A Bit More Generic, Thus Gains This Immense Power And The Ability To Fight Like Anyone Of The Playable Characters. Gannondorf And Bowser Transfrom Into Gannon And Giga Bowser. The Heroes Defeat Them. Followed By A Fight With Master Hand Who Has Used The Energy Source To Summon Crazy Hand To Help Him. The Robot Eventually Goes Crazy During Eggman's Repairs After Its Initial Defeat. Everyone Has To Team Up To Stop It. The Final Bout Would Pay Some Fan Servie To The Mario And Sonic Fans As The Two Would Have To Team Up And Go Into Supercharged Forms To Fight The Robot.

Basically The Story Mode Whould Be More Varied And Have More Boss Fights.

Classic Mode, Touch The Platfrom And Race To The Finish Would Return. All Star Would Once Again End With Fighting Forty Mr. Game And Watch. You Would Fight The Fighting Team Before Facing Off With Masterhand Again. Score Will Once Again Be Brought Back.

Training Mode Will Now Give You More Options. You Can Set The Computer To Do Specific Action Such As Specific Attacks. This Way You Can Test Thoroughly Individual Moves And Tactics.

I Was Thinking That Smash Balls Would Be Turned Into Specials. You Would Build Up Your Special Meter Based On Rewards For Certain Actions. Teching The Ground, Wall Teching, Meteor Cancelling, Power Sheilding, Spot Dodging An Attack. Maybe Makes This Feature Able To Be Turned Off. I Think It Would Add A Different Dimension To The Game. You Could No Longer Spam Because Your Opponent Could Build Up Their Special. You Would Have To Play A More Cautious And Less Noobish Game.

As Far As The Physics Go, I Would Like To Have The Game In Between Melee And Brawl. Faster Than Brawl But Not As Fast As Melee. Not As Floaty As Brawl Either.

Random Tripping Would Be Taken Out But Forcing Your Opponent To Trip By Using Something Like Your Down Tilts Will Stay In And So Will Footstool Jumps.

I Figure The Game Will Be Called Super Smash Brothers Royale.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning:

Impenetrable Wall Of Text

melykpie

Smash Rookie
Support Blooper for SSB4!

STATS
Size-2
Weight-3
Power-2.5
Speed-3
Fall Speed-2

MOVESET
A-Tentacle slap-3%
AA-Other tentacle-4%
AAA-Ink-7%
Dash A-Blooper falls on his face at twice his running speed-10%

Forward tilt-Long ranged tentacle hit
up tilt-rising headbutt-8%
down tilt-360 spinning tentacles around-6%

Nair-360-4%
Fair-spin forward(like sonic's fair on drugs)-8%
Uair-Ink fountain up-6%
Bair-tentacle-2%
Dair-Tentacle swung downwards(spikes)-10%

F-smash-Headbutt-5-22%
Up-smash-Tentacle swipe up-3-18%
Down smash- ink at the ground in front of you-5-19%

Standard Special-(Ink Spew) You can charge this up. Once fully charged Blooper spews ink automatically. The longer you charge it the faster and more ink he spews.
Damage:5-20

Forward Special:Tentacle slap-blooper slaps down his tentacle in front of him. Very little startup lag.
Damage:14

Down special:spark-Electricity appears around blooper. Blooper does have electric abilities(look it up on wiki if you disagree)you can charge this move for more electricity.
Damage:7-19%

Up special:ink jet-blooper jets himself upward with ink damaging anyone in his path.You can charge it and control its trajectory.
Damage:7

Final smash-Blooper floods the stage with water. With the stage submerged, everyone must swim. They do not have high speeds when swimming. In the water are 10 to 20 bloopers that swim at high speeds attacking opponents. they give high knockback and about 15 damage each.
Im not sure if blooper is a good character for brawl cause a blooper is only a minor villian. like a goomba. In one hit they die. But good ideas for powers! :)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Mewtwo wasn't kicked out by Lucario, Sakurai had every intention of adding him in. Sadly time did not permit...
But he got in over Mewtwo in the end, and therefore in my book he was replaced. Personally I don't think Lucario deserved a spot in the roster in the first place, BUT that's just me.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
lol at twiz sig... ness doesn't have a drivers license.

topic change: Toad

what are the things against him for inclusion and what are the things for his inclusion besides fan service.

personally i hate him.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don't think Lucario deserved a spot in the roster in the first place, BUT that's just me.
Well like it or not, Lucario is an extremely popular Pokemon.

With any luck Mewtwo will return for SSB4 anyway, and I personally hope both Lucario and Zoroark (or whoever they choose from Black & White) make the cut. You might think that's a bit much, but the series is good for it.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Lucario's gonna lose his popularity with Black and White coming out. Each generation had an uberpopular pokemon that is not old haps. 3 Generation had Blaziken and Sceptile, now both of whom are just more pokemon. Lucario is going to fall into this group more likely than not and Zorkroraakkoko/Black white pokemon will take his spot as the new popular pokemon. Now Mewtwo may or may not return because he too is becoming forgotten, just another pokemon legendary.

Though for the record, I still dig him and want him in (and Lucario out)

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol at twiz sig... ness doesn't have a drivers license.

topic change: Toad

what are the things against him for inclusion and what are the things for his inclusion besides fan service.

personally i hate him.
Personally, I like him.........but I don't think he would make a good addition. The only new abilities a Toad has gotten recently was from New Super Mario Bros Wii but everyone shared those abilities. He also runs the risk of sharing too many abilities with others like some kind of mushroomy mega clone.

I hate to, but I say no to Toad.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's gonna lose his popularity with Black and White coming out. Each generation had an uberpopular pokemon that is not old haps. 3 Generation had Blaziken and Sceptile, now both of whom are just more pokemon. Lucario is going to fall into this group more likely than not and Zorkroraakkoko/Black white pokemon will take his spot as the new popular pokemon. Now Mewtwo may or may not return because he too is becoming forgotten, just another pokemon legendary.

Though for the record, I still dig him and want him in (and Lucario out)
Due to some clever marketing (both in and out of game) Lucario has managed to attain what I believe to be lasting popularity. He was the first Pokemon built for the sole purpose of acting as that generation's "poster boy". Zoroark will no doubt be the second.

Also, I don't think Mewtwo will ever become a forgotten Pokemon, if only because it was the very first "uber" and is still a unique concept within the series. It's probably still one of the most popular legendary Pokemon.

I don't want anyone to be cut, but if it was a choice between Mewtwo and Lucario, Mewtwo would win every time.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Due to some clever marketing (both in and out of game) Lucario has managed to attain what I believe to be lasting popularity. He was the first Pokemon built for the sole purpose of acting as that generation's "poster boy". Zoroark will no doubt be the second.

Also, I don't think Mewtwo will ever become a forgotten Pokemon, if only because it was the very first "uber" and is still a unique concept within the series. It's probably still one of the most popular legendary Pokemon.

I don't want anyone to be cut, but if it was a choice between Mewtwo and Lucario, Mewtwo would win every time.
There's no doubt that Mewtwo will be popular with those who knew him in the glory days (most of the people here) because he was the star of the movies, he was the end all be all pokemon at the end of Red/Blue...but most of today's gamers (and the future gamers) are not watching VHS's or playing the Gameboy color. They're watching poorly made Blu-ray films and playing there fancy DSi's. As unfortunate as it is, Mewtwo is only truly popular with the older generations, but the main demographic of wii players are beyond that brink. Once again though, I do hope I am wrong and we'll get mewtwo back.

As for weather or not Lucario stays, only time will tell. You do bring up an interesting point with him being actively justified as the 4th gen poster boy, where as the others were under the table kind of things. I suppose he could stay popular, but I for one hope he is forgotten (unless of course zambanma is lamer than he, which is a very real possibility)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
But he got in over Mewtwo in the end, and therefore in my book he was replaced. Personally I don't think Lucario deserved a spot in the roster in the first place, BUT that's just me.
What makes you think Pokemon Trainer wasn't the one who replaced Mewtwo while Lucario just took Pichu's spot? Certainly if PT wasn't in then Mewtwo would have been in Brawl. Heck, both PT and Mewtwo are gen one, while Pichu and Lucario were part of the latest generations at the time, so it makes more sense that they replace themselves that way.

Anyways, I have to remind everyone again that Zoroark's inclusion as a playable character rests completely on what time Smash 4 goes under development. If the whole "Mewtwo was released because of the move" or "Lucario was released because of the movie" theories are to be believed, then when Smash 4 comes out relative to the latest Smash movie is completely important. If too much time passes, the next movie will focus on a different pokemon, and then that one will have the higher chance to get in by the movie logic.

And of course this is completely disregarding the chance that Lucario gets something special in this time frame like an evolution.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
In Lucario's case I think it was a combination of him being the latest movie star and the poster boy for D/P, which is what most are assuming Zoroark is for B/W.

I'm not too bothered either way. Zoroark looks pretty cool, but as far as Pokemon's concerned all I really care about is getting Mewtwo back.

Well, that and my very faint hopes of seeing Mew made playable. :(

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
Give lucas a new moveset(Final smash PK Love) , give ness a moveset improvement (Final smash PK Rockin) Add Masked Man(Final smash PK Love, but still has an entirely different moveset than lucas), add kumatora(Final smash PK Ground), and flint(Final smash POWER SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH). That would be freaking awesome.....And add new age retro hippies as enemies i nthe subspace or whatever they are gonna have(They take out rulers and measure you!).

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Ban online Brawl games and Brawl tournaments. Open a forum for all to read and give feedback. Recruit real players with real technical, metagame, and engine/systems understandings. Balance Melee, add popular characters from Brawl. Fix glitches, update graphics. Have serious research and development committed to determined what ATs to add and remove to make the game more user friendly without detracting from any sort of competitive, strategic gameplay. Recruit Dave to set forth logical and real default standards for gameplay: items optional, only neutral stages on random, winner determined by best out of 3 sets, etc...

Implement a rank-type ladder system, like ICCup or BNet, to allow for tournaments to be for dedicated players and tournaments for casual players, and not to mention the in-betweens. Ranking system requires government ID (or at least some sort of proof of casual or competitive play.) If you don't have a government ID, a one-time use card (your permanent ID) will be provided for you when you purchase the game. They could even implement all types of ladders for tier based tournaments, BTT, HRC, etc. Not to mention regionals. Also, if you dislike the merging of these games or concepts there could be classic mode ladders and tournaments.

Seriously invest in making a good server system to have near real-time lag (within 30ms within range) and a good match-making system with a lobby so you can setup games without being forced to fight randoms.

Port this game to all systems and allow all systems to be able to play online together.

Allow updates for balance or debugging.

All problems solved, and we will have an (almost) utterly perfect Smash Bros. release.

Brawl's source could easily be modified to set most of this up. It'd be heaven, and it's within our reach, but HAL and Sakurai don't want it that way

EDIT: by the term 'recall' I mean instead of trying to enforce a lawful ban, that one could propose that if the player sends in his/her original copy, they could get a discount and/or a free copy of the new product.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Lol. 'Port this game to all systems'. You think XBox and PS3 fans give two craps about a Nintendo fighting game full of Nintendo characters?

Also... recall? I'll take it that that's a joke post.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I didn't necessarily mean recall persay, moreover that you could send your original copy in for the new version.

PS3 and 360 have more than enough power to emulate all three of the games very well at full power. As for the consoles being less likely to have fans, then don't push advertisement in that area until people show interest.

And to cover all of the bases of your aggressive post, hell, why not have console specific characters per release!

It was just an idea rather than the same bullcrap over and over again.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'd rather have a smash-esque new game with Microsoft characters/Sony characters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
.... Someone who is a Smash Lord actually suggested that Smash be ported over to the 360 and PS3? Well now I think I've seen everything. :psycho:

But seriously, if you want any of your suggestions to be taken seriously, you better drop that one. As long as Nintendo has its own console, Smash will always be for that, and that alone (Keep in mind that I'm not taking portables into account here, but its the same basic thing) Given the sucess of the Wii, even a worst case scenario would be like 10 years before something like that could possibly happen, and hoping for a multiplat Smash would be the least of your worries. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I like him.........but I don't think he would make a good addition. The only new abilities a Toad has gotten recently was from New Super Mario Bros Wii but everyone shared those abilities. He also runs the risk of sharing too many abilities with others like some kind of mushroomy mega clone.

I hate to, but I say no to Toad.
Toad could have the following specials.

B - Iceball

Toad throws an Iceball like Mario throws a Fireball, only Toad's Iceballs are faster and bounce once but they freeze opponents in high damage percentages. It is obviously from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Side B - Toad Kart

Toad gets on his kart and drives it around the stage like Wario does with his bike. He can also jump with the kart with Up+B as a reference to the feather item in the original Super Mario Kart. To jump off the kart, simply press the jump button.

Up B - Propeller Toad

Toad spins upward very high like the Toads did in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He could recover twice like R.O.B. does with his Robo Booster. Also, pressing down+B while recovering will make Toad drill through the air to the ground.

Down B - Vegetable (possibility #1)

Toad quickly pulls out giant vegetables from Super Mario Advance to display his superhuman strength like Toad's Brawl trophy said.

Down B - Pick Up (possibility #2)

Toad jumps and lands on an opponent's head and quickly picks up and carries them around a la Super Mario Bros. 2. Yet another demonstration of Toad's superhuman strength.

Final Smash - something made-up that fits Toad (if Luigi and Peach can have made-up Final Smashes, why not Toad?)

Also, Toad could use his mushroom hat for Yoshi-like headbutts and his little feet for Kirby-like kicks. Toad could even run and flail his arms like Luigi does because that fits Toad's nature. He could showcase his superhuman strength by lifting and carrying his opponents around like how Donkey Kong performs his forward throw move. Toad would be a lightweight fighter but he has quick weak attacks and high running speed and he has a very good recovery move to balance out his low jumps. Toad deserves to be finally playable in a Smash game. 7 out of 8 major Mario all-stars are playable - Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong. Toad is the only one left out and its time for Toad to be finally playable already.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Don't like posting so quickly again, but Arc, I really don't think Toad would ever have the iceball as his neutral special. Maybe his down or side special, but not his neutral. The Toad Kart idea works better as neutral, quite frankly, and it may be best to switch them.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Toad could have the following specials.

B - Iceball

Toad throws an Iceball like Mario throws a Fireball, only Toad's Iceballs are faster and bounce once but they freeze opponents in high damage percentages. It is obviously from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Side B - Toad Kart

Toad gets on his kart and drives it around the stage like Wario does with his bike. He can also jump with the kart with Up+B as a reference to the feather item in the original Super Mario Kart. To jump off the kart, simply press the jump button.

Up B - Propeller Toad

Toad spins upward very high like the Toads did in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He could recover twice like R.O.B. does with his Robo Booster. Also, pressing down+B while recovering will make Toad drill through the air to the ground.

Toad quickly pulls out giant vegetables from Super Mario Advance to display his superhuman strength like Toad's Brawl trophy said.

Down B - Pick Up (possibility #2)

Toad jumps and lands on an opponent's head and quickly picks up and carries them around a la Super Mario Bros. 2. Yet another demonstration of Toad's superhuman strength.

Final Smash - something made-up that fits Toad (if Luigi and Peach can have made-up Final Smashes, why not Toad?)

Also, Toad could use his mushroom hat for Yoshi-like headbutts and his little feet for Kirby-like kicks. Toad could even run and flail his arms like Luigi does because that fits Toad's nature. He could showcase his superhuman strength by lifting and carrying his opponents around like how Donkey Kong performs his forward throw move. Toad would be a lightweight fighter but he has quick weak attacks and high running speed and he has a very good recovery move to balance out his low jumps. Toad deserves to be finally playable in a Smash game. 7 out of 8 major Mario all-stars are playable - Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong. Toad is the only one left out and its time for Toad to be finally playable already.
You should make Toad Kart his final smash instead of his side special, it would work better.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Ban online Brawl games and Brawl tournaments. Open a forum for all to read and give feedback. Recruit real players with real technical, metagame, and engine/systems understandings. Balance Melee, add popular characters from Brawl. Fix glitches, update graphics. Have serious research and development committed to determined what ATs to add and remove to make the game more user friendly without detracting from any sort of competitive, strategic gameplay. Recruit Dave to set forth logical and real default standards for gameplay: items optional, only neutral stages on random, winner determined by best out of 3 sets, etc...

Implement a rank-type ladder system, like ICCup or BNet, to allow for tournaments to be for dedicated players and tournaments for casual players, and not to mention the in-betweens. Ranking system requires government ID (or at least some sort of proof of casual or competitive play.) If you don't have a government ID, a one-time use card (your permanent ID) will be provided for you when you purchase the game. They could even implement all types of ladders for tier based tournaments, BTT, HRC, etc. Not to mention regionals. Also, if you dislike the merging of these games or concepts there could be classic mode ladders and tournaments.

Seriously invest in making a good server system to have near real-time lag (within 30ms within range) and a good match-making system with a lobby so you can setup games without being forced to fight randoms.

Port this game to all systems and allow all systems to be able to play online together.

Allow updates for balance or debugging.

All problems solved, and we will have an (almost) utterly perfect Smash Bros. release.

Brawl's source could easily be modified to set most of this up. It'd be heaven, and it's within our reach, but HAL and Sakurai don't want it that way

EDIT: by the term 'recall' I mean instead of trying to enforce a lawful ban, that one could propose that if the player sends in his/her original copy, they could get a discount and/or a free copy of the new product.

.... Someone who is a Smash Lord actually suggested that Smash be ported over to the 360 and PS3? Well now I think I've seen everything. :psycho:

But seriously, if you want any of your suggestions to be taken seriously, you better drop that one. As long as Nintendo has its own console, Smash will always be for that, and that alone (Keep in mind that I'm not taking portables into account here, but its the same basic thing) Given the sucess of the Wii, even a worst case scenario would be like 10 years before something like that could possibly happen, and hoping for a multiplat Smash would be the least of your worries. :p
Smash Bros. Brawl is the only fighting game (read: competitive) really going for the Wii. In fact, Smash Bros. Brawl is the only "next gen" fighting game that isn't on multiple consoles.

It's not a matter of whether or not it's Nintendo or whether or not it's designed for kids and families or whatever you want to throw at me, because even if not SWF alone, MLG and Evo prove that Brawl (and even Melee at one point in time) are a lot more than games only for casual play.

Take into consideration the fact that Melee, during it's life time, was the highest selling fighting game of all time. In fact, according to the unique diversity of turnouts (specifically singling out the average competitive fighters in which it's usually the same turnouts every major tournament,) it could even be said that it is one of the biggest competitive fighting games of all time . Now, many years later, Brawl easily thwarted what it's predecessor had accomplished (which is an even bigger achievement considering it's drastic changes to the series' roots and an even more huge renouncing of very firmly cherished and fundamental fighting game mechanics [I'm looking at you, hitstun and tripping.])

I think it would be stupid to not port this game, let alone doing everything listed above, to other systems. Whether it be huge amounts of funds being spent on publishing, licensing, distributing, and advertising (which wouldn't be the best approach,) or simply developing a GUI and emulator/emulators (for the concepts drafted above) with networking and social rankings for a cheap download. Since it would be a highly online game (over multiple consoles,) the entire community would be united, unlike fighters that have players that play only on specific consoles or arcade only. Distributing it in the consoles' networks would save a ****load of money as all of their real advertisements would be on the consoles' networks anyway, aside from all the advertisement that's freely supplied by the vendors and companies that sell the Wii version.

It's an idea, and I think it could turn out great. How about instead of bashing and nitpicking here and there, why not actually put some thought into the concept and how very well it might be a huge success? (or, if not huge, at least not a total failure since the game pays for itself with the very low development cost.

EDIT: As far as actual ports go, it might have to be a bit more work than simple emulators, as I'm not sure they're quite up to par yet to run GCN ROMs fluidly, let alone with network compatibility. I'm sure a quick breakdown of the code and reimplementation in each console's native development kits. As long as the core engine stays the same and no files are misen/decoded, or no console specific algorithms don't work with what's being attempted, it should be fairly easy to keep things perfectly balanced and in-line with each system's version. Regardless, even if there is trouble along the line of conversion, it'd be very easy to work around it, be it with different rendering algorithms, threaded processing, or what have you, so long as the game runs in tact they should all play the exact same, regardless of graphics boosts or decreases, the base engine and scripting is all the same and can be interpreted no matter what the console or emulator.

EDIT:

Oh...
if you want any of your suggestions to be taken seriously, you better drop that one
No offense implied, but if you were to want to be taken seriously, perhaps you shouldn't be posting ideas for a game that, first of all, has been hinted by Sakurai to not be happening and probably won't ever exist, and second of all, even if it did happen to gain some ground, I doubt SWF would be their first stop for character concept design.

All I'm saying is don't shoot down my ideas when yours are just as, if not even more farfetched than mine.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Jihnsius... why does that name sound familiar (in the context of this thread, anyway)?

Also, I must be the only person who thinks Zoroark looks ********. Not that Lucario is much better but I really hope that dude has some other redeeming traits if he does make it in.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
B - Iceball

Toad throws an Iceball like Mario throws a Fireball...........

Side B - Toad Kart

Toad gets on his kart and drives it around the stage like Wario does.............

Up B - Propeller Toad

Toad spins upward very high like the Toads did in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He could recover twice like R.O.B. does with his Robo Booster..............

Toad quickly pulls out giant vegetables from Super Mario Advance to display his superhuman strength like Toad's Brawl trophy said. (I know you didn't say it.....but you mean like Peach?)..............

Also, Toad could use his mushroom hat for Yoshi-like headbutts and his little feet for Kirby-like kicks. Toad could even run and flail his arms like Luigi does because that fits Toad's nature. He could showcase his superhuman strength by lifting and carrying his opponents around like how Donkey Kong performs his forward throw move..............
See a trend? Like I said, a mushroomy super-clone. He sounds like he'd be fun but not very original. Either assist trophy him or limit his appearence to Peach's counter.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Jihnsius... why does that name sound familiar (in the context of this thread, anyway)?

Also, I must be the only person who thinks Zoroark looks ********. Not that Lucario is much better but I really hope that dude has some other redeeming traits if he does make it in.
Perhaps Junahu was here at one point?

Smash is barely a competitive game compared to Tekken, Soul Calibur or Street Fighter. Brawl
s compatetive scene is laughable and the entire community is a joke, comprised of 85% metaknight, 10% Falcos who can beat metaknight sometimes using lazer stalls or Snake's actually bign played well, 4% are DeDeDe's still using infinite Chaingrabs, and 1% are other characters being played well.

isclaimer: Yes, these numbers are made up and are meant for satircal reasons. These numbers are false but the remaining is more or less true. the vast majority of players are Metaknights, Falcos, and Snakes and Falcos/Metaknights are ubergay stallfests.

To call Brawl a competetive game is a joke.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
See a trend? Like I said, a mushroomy super-clone. He sounds like he'd be fun but not very original. Either assist trophy him or limit his appearence to Peach's counter.
Look, it is either Bowser Jr. or Toad.

Knowing Sakurai's track record, Bowser Jr. would have all his moves similar to Bowser, effectively making him a bona fide clone of Bowser. Toad would have most of his moves inspired from several characters, making him a mix-and-match character like most characters in Brawl, not a clone or a semi-clone. Because, you know, following that logic, Zelda is a clone of Ness because her aerial forward+A and aerial backward+A are similar to Ness's aerial backward+A and her aerial down+A is also similar to Ness's aerial down+A and she is also a clone of Pikachu because her smash side+A is similar to Pikachu's smash side+A and she is also a clone of Fox because her Nayru's Love (B) works similar to Fox's Reflector (down+B) so I am just shocked that her Final Smash is not the Triforce of Landmaster!

I don't get you people. "I want Bowser Jr. and Toon Zelda, even though I know they are more likely going to end up as clones anyway, but I don't want Toad because I fear he would be a clone!" WTF?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@ Jinsius :laugh:

Dude, you're a funny guy, you know that? I mean I've heard some crazy things in my day, but the fact that you've got such a firm belief in it that you need to make a wall of text on it is just hilarious. Do you think that Halo should also be ported over to all systems? How about Super Mario Galaxy 2? I'm sure Nintendo would love to get that baby in HD, am I right?

But seriously man, as long as Nintendo has its own system, it will never happen. You are more likley to see a RTS Ice Climber game or a FPS Kirby game than any of Nintendo's franchises on a system that's not their's, let alone a game that has all of their franchises in one! Did you know that when Marvel Ultimate Alliance was being made, Nintendo had a deal so that Samus and Link would be playable characters in the game? It was shot down and they were taken out as soon as Nintendo found out that the beta they were using it on was based on the Playstation 2. That's how overly protective they are. As long as there is a Nintendo console, its not a far fetched idea, but rather an impossible one, and I am seriously surprised that you don't get that.

@ Arc

Well I personally don't think Toon Zelda should be included, but Bowser Jr. has a good chance of not being a clone.

In any case, the main reason I really don't want Toad in is due to just how dull, bland, and boring the character is. I know, I know, I'm saying I want Bowser Jr. in, but shouldn't that speak loads for how uninspired Toad is? Its all a matter of opinion I suppose, but the character really shouldn't be a fighter, and given how his popularity really isn't that high, I don't quite see fan demand getting him through.

@ EP

I'm not going to pretend that I know the tournament scene of other fighters, but generally aren't only one or two characters used in tournament play in most of those games?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Look, it is either Bowser Jr. or Toad.

Knowing Sakurai's track record, Bowser Jr. would have all his moves similar to Bowser, effectively making him a bona fide clone of Bowser. Toad would have most of his moves inspired from several characters, making him a mix-and-match character like most characters in Brawl, not a clone or a semi-clone. Because, you know, following that logic, Zelda is a clone of Ness because her aerial forward+A and aerial backward+A are similar to Ness's aerial backward+A and her aerial down+A is also similar to Ness's aerial down+A and she is also a clone of Pikachu because her smash side+A is similar to Pikachu's smash side+A and she is also a clone of Fox because her Nayru's Love (B) works similar to Fox's Reflector (down+B) so I am just shocked that her Final Smash is not the Triforce of Landmaster!

I don't get you people. "I want Bowser Jr. and Toon Zelda, even though I know they are more likely going to end up as clones anyway, but I don't want Toad because I fear he would be a clone!" WTF?
You're right, alot of people do have similar moves and thats bound to happen with such a large roster with a simple button setup. Still as similar as they might be they arent exactly the same. While alot of moves are similar, I am still against making a jack-of-all-trades Mario character.

I'm not one of those that want Bowser Jr. or Toon Zelda, for the reason of cloning. I think the Mario representation is fine as it is. Keep the cloning at a minimum. Bring in fresh blood with fresh(ish) movesets.

But I guess if I had to pick one clone over the other it would have to be Toad, because at least he'd be a megaloclone versus a more direct clone that Bowser Jr. would be.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ EP

I'm not going to pretend that I know the tournament scene of other fighters, but generally aren't only one or two characters used in tournament play in most of those games?
Far from it. Yeah, you have your share of top tiers as this is inevitable, but at least in SFIV, despite the high Sagat usage, you have the other characters being used in the Japanese arcade scene (mind you that it's only 16 characters; the console version has 25). IIRC, either Virtua Fighter 4 or 5 is another really balanced fighter known for even having its bottom tier character winning tournaments.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Arc

Well I personally don't think Toon Zelda should be included, but Bowser Jr. has a good chance of not being a clone.

In any case, the main reason I really don't want Toad in is due to just how dull, bland, and boring the character is. I know, I know, I'm saying I want Bowser Jr. in, but shouldn't that speak loads for how uninspired Toad is? Its all a matter of opinion I suppose, but the character really shouldn't be a fighter, and given how his popularity really isn't that high, I don't quite see fan demand getting him through.
Just like how TWW Link had a good chance of not being a clone in SSB3 , right? :rolleyes:

Bowser Jr. is really dull and bland, mainly because he is just a miniature version of Bowser and an updated version of Baby Bowser. Toad is not a variant of any existing Mario character and he inspired variations of his own like Toadsworth and Toadette. This is just like how Mario inspired variants like Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi, and how Peach inspired variants like Daisy and Rosalina.

Of these, only Luigi and Wario are the only variants who are playable in Smash... now I bet you are thinking, "well, since Luigi and Wario are variants of Mario and they are playable, I don't see what's the problem with Bowser Jr." Well, Luigi was always the optional 2P character in the Mario main games so he was not too different from Mario and therefore he started out as a clone of Mario in the original Smash and was later decloned in the sequels by giving him made-up moves like Green Missile and Negative Zone. Wario isn't a clone because Sakurai decided to give him completely made-up moves instead of giving him Wario Land moves (at least it is better than being another Mario clone but still... *looks at Wolf*) So, if Bowser Jr. was added in SSB4, he would start out as a clone of Bowser and then get decloned in SSB5. I don't want to wait that long for a decloned Bowser Jr. and I want Toad now partly because he has a lesser likelihood of being cloned.

In my opinion, I think the biggest reason Bowser Jr. has more demand is not because he is popular with the masses but because they consider him to be more important than Toad in the games. Smash isn't only about playing as Nintendo's important characters (Sheik isn't important in the Zelda series anymore and Ganondorf is starting to lose importance in the Zelda series, Jigglypuff isn't relevant to the Pokemon media anymore) but it is also about playing as Nintendo's iconic mascot characters (they are usually the playable protagonists or mascots of their respective franchises). Toad may not be important but he is one of the biggest mascots in the Mario franchise and well, he is one of the few recurring Mario characters who have ever been playable in Mario main games (you know, games that are not about sports, party, or kart).

You're right alot of people do have similar moves and thats bound to happen with such a large roster.

But I'm not one of those that want Bowser Jr. or Toon Zelda, for the reason of cloning. I think the Mario representation is fine as it is. Keep the cloning at a minimum. Bring in fresh blood with fresh(ish) movesets.
I am all for bringing in fresh blood. I support Toad in addition to Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Meowth, Mewtwo, a new Pokemon (either Zoroark or someone newer, just don't be similar to Mewtwo and Lucario), Tingle (he is way more interesting and has more potential than the Balloon Fighter), the new protagonist from Golden Sun DS (I know he will be exactly like Isaac and Felix in that game anyway), a new Fire Emblem lord who is not a clone of Marth or Ike (and is not Roy, Lyn, and Micaiah), Starfy, Takamaru, Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog (for the lulz like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.), Mega Man, and a protagonist from Nintendo's new international and successful franchise (maybe The Last Story). So, do you see any potential clones from this wish list?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I didn't necessarily mean recall persay, moreover that you could send your original copy in for the new version.

PS3 and 360 have more than enough power to emulate all three of the games very well at full power. As for the consoles being less likely to have fans, then don't push advertisement in that area until people show interest.

And to cover all of the bases of your aggressive post, hell, why not have console specific characters per release!

It was just an idea rather than the same bullcrap over and over again.
Sorry if you think my post was aggressive but.....

Can you imagine how much money Nintendo would lose if you could just send an old game in and get a new one? What would they do with them? Except throw them out...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Let me write a list of characters that i would never have playable (not to be confused with "i would never play as")

My Forbidden:
Toad
Starfy
Duck Hunt Dog
Balloon Fighter
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Excite Bike
Wolf Link/w Midna
Meowth
Waluigi (almost forgot him)
any anime character (unless nintendo owned, but alas)
Edit: Mii
Galacta Knight
Link/w Masks
Louie
Ryu Hayabusa
Gooey
Chibi-Robo

On the Brink:
(my unknown status for--)Tingle (this means i cannot decide between a few major factors)
(my unknown status for--)Zoroark
(my unknown status for--)Toon Zelda
(my unknown status for--)Ridley
(my unknown status for--)Simon Belmont (because i would rather want to get Alucard :) but the factors...)
(my unknown status for--)Geno
Edit: (my unknown status for--)Tom Nook
(my unknown status for--)Knuckle Joe (not saying i would, but still)
(my unknown status for--)Kamek (im thinking he could work like roll from TvC, WHAT? could.)
(my unknown status for--)Darkrai
(my unknown status for--)Bowser Jr./w Shadow Mario

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Just like how TWW Link had a good chance of not being a clone in SSB3 , right? :rolleyes:
Well that's why I said chance. :p

In reality, any character could turn out to be a clone if Sakurai & crew are lazy enough. Toad for instance has only ever had moves that Mario could also use, so if you go by that, he's even more liable to be a clone than BJ. Thus, I really think that neither of us should bring up this point. :psycho:

Bowser Jr. is really dull and bland, mainly because he is just a miniature version of Bowser and an updated version of Baby Bowser. Toad is not a variant of any existing Mario character and he inspired variations of his own like Toadsworth and Toadette. This is just like how Mario inspired variants like Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi, and how Peach inspired variants like Daisy and Rosalina.
I won't deny that Bowser Jr. is less than inspired, but the fact that he's a mini-Bowser doesn't quite make him dull and bland, since his personality is different for the most part. Now Toad's personality and appearance are different from any other character as well, but that doesn't make them automatically not dull. Toad is generally a servant, and a fairly non-combative one at that. Bowser Jr. is a mischievous brat. While probably on the more annoying side in most people's books, the mischievous brat is generally more interesting than the standard servant.

Clone and variant stuff
Again, I refer to the point that as Toad has the exact same moves as Mario in the games that he has shown up in, that this point is fairly moot. I’d be as bold to point out that Bowser Jr. doesn’t always have the same moves as Bowser, but I’d rather not push this point any further, since I think it’s sort of a stalemate.

In my opinion, I think the biggest reason Bowser Jr. has more demand is not because he is popular with the masses but because they consider him to be more important than Toad in the games. Smash isn't only about playing as Nintendo's important characters (Sheik isn't important in the Zelda series anymore and Ganondorf is starting to lose importance in the Zelda series, Jigglypuff isn't relevant to the Pokemon media anymore) but it is also about playing as Nintendo's iconic mascot characters (they are usually the playable protagonists or mascots of their respective franchises). Toad may not be important but he is one of the biggest mascots in the Mario franchise and well, he is one of the few recurring Mario characters who have ever been playable in Mario main games (you know, games that are not about sports, party, or kart).
I would think that if Bowser Jr. was not popular, then he probably wouldn’t show up as much as he does. He honestly didn’t need to be in Galaxy, but he was there all the same. His popularity surely isn’t on the level of Bowser of course, but I think it does exist, and that’s why he keeps on showing up and getting important roles.

The problem with the general reason to include Toad is that most see him as a “required” character due to him being early on in the series. Kind of like if Geno somehow got in, then most people would automatically want Mallow to come in. Toad is recognizable sure, but so are Koopa Troopas and Goombas. They are iconic as well, right? They aren’t really important, nor are they popular, but a lot of people recognize who they are, right? In short, I really don’t think what you’re chalking up to be “iconic” means much overall.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
quick question, assuming there is a story to smash within the colossal crossover world, there are a lot of scenarios occurring in my mind; also assuming that the characters retain their mindset from their respective games. (i hope you aren't confused) is it possible that Mewtwo will return with a new moveset because he lost in the Melee tounament, didnt enter the Brawl tourney to hone his psychic skills and is returning in Revolution to OWN like he does against pikachu in "Mewtwo Strikes Back".
the Colosseum scene against Mario x Kirby made me think this was how it was in melee but without showing us. furthermore, When Professor Layton said he entered the next smash tourney, and then he quit because it was to much combat (or something like that) it expanded my mind to the theory i wrote above.

now, my question is: do you think so, too? (boy that wasn't quick at all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom