• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I think you're confusing Tom Nook with Resetti, Master Rapier. Tom Nook could have a moveset easily.

Also no one really wants Phoenix Wright in that much. If Megaman gets in though, a trophy would be nice. I want trophies from SEGA, Capcom and Konami, not just Sonic, Megaman and Metal Gear.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No trophies from Sega, Capcom, and Konami. Adding such trophies would make Smash look like it is a Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Capcom vs. Konami game, which Smash is not. It is about Nintendo characters fighting each other with a couple of third party characters thrown in as guest characters. Sonic and Snake are guest characters in a Nintendo fighting game, why should Nintendo's encyclopedia about Nintendo franchises include franchises from Sega, Capcom, and Konami?

Why is it that people want non-Nintendo content in Smash games? I haven't seen anyone want non-Marvel and non-Capcom content in Marvel vs. Capcom games - and yet they want a Nintendo vs. Capcom game with only Nintendo and Capcom characters or even a DC vs. Marvel game with only DC and Marvel characters. I haven't seen anyone want non-Disney and non-Final Fantasy content in Kingdom Hearts games - and yet they want a Nintendo Kingdom Hearts game with only Nintendo and Final Fantasy characters. If these companies have crossover fighting games with their own characters only, why is it that Nintendo's only crossover fighting game series have to include non-Nintendo characters if it is not even Nintendo vs. (name of another company)?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You don't know why he didn't get in Brawl though. He might be seriously considered for SSB4 for all we know.
The same can be said of any character, so speculation like that is invalid.

I don't see anything wrong with those moves. What do you expect an attorney to do when thrown in a fight. At least Capcom is willing to be creative on movesets, unlike you. Besides, who's to say he can't be a lethal joke character because of his fighting style? As for the word bubbles, it can be fixed by having the hitbox for the attack being a little larger than normal so both versions can fit in.
Throwing away evidence to hit people with it is pretty much the exact opposite of what a lawyer should do, so suggesting that is even worse than suggesting that he should fight in the first place.

And for the shouting attack, from the comments on how it wouldn't work, it seems the attack also factors in multiple hits based on the letters or something, and that in English it makes 10 different hits (I guess "!" is included there) while Japanese its only 6 or something.

The whole thing is not a rumor if Capcom themselves are the ones that brought up the whole thing in the first place. The whole thing just means that there were some characters they couldn't get in for whatever reason and now Capcom wants to try releasing them as finished characters via DLC.
Its still a rumor because it hasn't happened yet. The developers for Punch Out said they would like to make another, and the makers of FE11 said they would like to make a cross over game, but that doesn't mean either are anything beyond rumors because they have yet to be confirmed yet in any way.

@Arc

We already got Metal Gear and Sonic trophies in Brawl, so getting more trophies from them (and any pottential third party character) is a given. Over all, the focus of the game should be based around Nintendo itself, but at this point its too late to think that Nintendo will be the only franchise in the mix. (Also, wasn't there that original character that belonged to neither Marvel or Capcom in Marvel vs. Street Fighter? Heck, MvC2 also made up a few characters just for that game, and they sort of fall under the same thing, given that they have no established history with either company)

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I want Phenoix more than Tom Nook >.>

PW has potential for a good and unique style while Tom nook's would be lame and generic

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think you're confusing Tom Nook with Resetti, Master Rapier. Tom Nook could have a moveset easily.
Sorry I never played Animal Crossing but I can't imagine the shop keeper being a character. All I can think of is him throwing random furniture. Animal Crossing just doesn't have any character that would work. Better to have them as assist trophies or in the new adventure mode.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Everyone seems to agree that mega man will be the only one getting into ssb4 thats a third party. I think companies realized how much people play smash bros brawl and saw how much publicty Sega and Konami got. I expect probably four to five companies asking to be in ssb4. However im sure NIntendo will turn down three of them.

Megaman will probably be askedd to join whether Sakurai likes it or not. I mean didnt nintendo contact sega even tho sakuria wasnt planning to put sonnic in?

Im expecting to see companies like Capcom, Hudson soft, and squar enix knocking on nintendos door to let megaman, Black mage and bomberman in. Not to mention Suda 51 has already said he would love to see travis touchdown in ssb. Soo i think three more 3rd parties will get in.

Sonic.
Snake.
Megaman.
Equare Enix character.
Bomberman or Travis Touchdown.

those are the five spaces and the characters i expect them to be filled with. I would prefer Bomberman over Travis, because bomberman is such a recognizable character and is considered to be the first multiplayer game. As for the square enix character i hope its Black Mage.

NeverFiniteX

Smash Apprentice
Shortie

I halfway like your sig. Do you think that some of these characters will fit into smash outside of the fighting realm or are you rooting for all of them to be playable?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie

I halfway like your sig. Do you think that some of these characters will fit into smash outside of the fighting realm or are you rooting for all of them to be playable?
i actually DO like all the characters on my sig. i switch the characters a lot though, just because some of them dont show up.

but yeah, im rooting for all of them (to an extent) mostly im rooting for bomberman tho :3

ill start at the begining of my sig rainbow!
well blaziken is one of my favorite 3 gen pkmn, and aside from deoxys and gaurdvior (sp?) he should be a healthy candidate. Although i once heard japan does not like blaziken.

next is Isaac, i think ssb needs to add more of there smaller franchises. it will get golden sun fans hyped for ssb4 and make new fans. i garuntee every little boy would LOVE another swordsman!

Lyn. smash lacks females, maybe we would have more girl smashers if three more females got in. and i fully expected her in brawl to be honest.

geno, he is a great rep for the mario rpg's and is the soul reason i bought smrpg. not to mention his fanbase is HUGE!!l

skull kid, i love him! he is one of those quirky and yet cute villans, aside from vaati, he is the second best loz rep.

LASTLY, bomberman, hes my favorite video game character, hudson and nintendo are close allies and have already crossed over. hes already been proven to be smash worthy by being in a smash like fighting game that was japan only. i expect to see him and mega man in ssb4. i mean bomberman is considered to be the first multi player game and honestly, isnt that the funnest part of ssb? playing w/ your friends?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...Who in their right mind buys Mario RPG just for Geno? I mean, he can be a plus I guess, but it doesn't make sense to buy the game just for him...especially since that's his only game, and if you're going to end up likeing the him it will be based on your experiance with him in that game....unless you were so wowed by his apperance in the first M&L

(And with the ever impending Gen 5, Blaziken is by no means a healthy candidate)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
LASTLY, bomberman, hes my favorite video game character, hudson and nintendo are close allies and have already crossed over. hes already been proven to be smash worthy by being in a smash like fighting game that was japan only. i expect to see him and mega man in ssb4. i mean bomberman is considered to be the first multi player game and honestly, isnt that the funnest part of ssb? playing w/ your friends?
a-hyuk

What were people's assumptions on multiple series from individual 3rd parties again?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...Who is their right mind buys Mario RPG just for Geno? I mean, he can be a plus I guess, but it doesn't make sense to buy the game just for him...especially since that's his only game, and if you're going to end up likeing the him it will be based on your experiance with him in that game....unless you were so wowed by his apperance in the first M&L

(And with the ever impending Gen 5, Blaziken is by no means a healthy candidate)
i bought it because of all the hype geno had on Nsider so i wanted to get to know geno in a sense, and yes the game is great outside of the fact that geno is in it.

and YES blaziken is a healthy candidate for the third gen spot, if they get a spot. if you didnt notice i listed only 3rd gen pokemon.

and toise, i dont see what youre getting at? anyways, we cant predict bombermans fate in brawl by looking in the past. Cheerful bomber is a well known character whos had a game on almost all if not EVERY nintendo system. Hudson produces most of bombermans games on nintendo systems. obviously cheerful is well liked, when bomberman avt zero came out, fans hated the new cyborg look. All in all bomberman has lots of games, lots of potential and lots of worldwide fans and at the end of the day that makes out to be a great candidate for ssb4. now its up to nintendo and hudson to make the next moves.

way to flip out over my simple opinions, jeez.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Hudson is owned by Konmai, which owns Snake. So essentially puting Bomberman in would be overrepresenting Konami...

...Is that right Toise?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Kinda.

The question is whether a company can be overrepresented or not. As far as the companies themselves are concerned, probably not (since they'd get more royalties with more of their characters in Smash). Nintendo's accountants probably see it in terms of "how much?" and "is this a good investment?" rather than "who are we paying?" In both of those perspectives, it'd probably be easier to get four Konami characters rather than one Konami, one Capcom, one Square-Enix, one Sega, etc.

So it boils down to whether or not Sakurai and friends have a problem with it. We haven't heard anything that specifically says "one character per company." Per series maybe, and perhaps a resistance against too many 3rd party characters overall, but not so much as a hint one way or another about multiple series from the same company. Possibly because most of the fans (and maybe Sakurai) don't really care about the companies as much as they care about the characters and series. Which would make sense, since Snake and Metal Gear were probably not what people would've guessed if they were thinking of a Nintendo/Konami mix.

As far as I can tell, we won't get an actual statement on it unless a company actually tries for a twosie deal. My money says Konami would be the first to ask.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...Who is their right mind
:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Anyways,

@ Shortie

I guess my tone or general attitude can't be carried over fully in text, but I'm not flipping out about your weird reason, rather amused by how strange it is. Its ill advised to buy a game simply for a character in it, and it just gets stranger when it turns out you've never played any game with said character in it, yet still decide to buy it because of them. Add to the fact that its not even the main character, and it just gets silly. :psycho:

And Blaziken could be considered if Gen 3 is revisited, and while that's not out of the realm of possibility, its still fairly unlikely since we could have Gen 6 by the time we get Smash 4, and thus there's a second backlogged Pokemon series in there. A Gen 3 rep isn't healthy at this point at all really.

Anyways, in regards to multiple characters from a single company, I guess in the end we don't really have any idea on if that would fly, but personally I feel its best to keep it at one third party character per company, and if there are indeed more, then one third character per series. Thus I wouldn't want to see Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Raiden, Grey Fox, Big Boss, or anyone else from Sonic of MGS, but rather someone else from a different Sega and Konami series (and keep in mind I'd also want it balanced, so if Sega gets two characters, Konami shouldn't be stuck with one)

That being said, I'd much much, MUCH, rather see Simon Belmont as a second Konami rep, over Bomberman.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I still don't like the idea of having third party characters in Smash Bros. Call it paranoia or whatever but I believe Sonic and Snake are the reason why Brawl wasn't as good as Melee. Snakes hand grenade could KO people while Links (which is over twice as big) were just a nuisance. See if they make the characters more powerful then that will make people want to play them more and in turn create a better marketing feild for their company. So now Smash will be nothing but a marketing scheme for other games. Most of Snake's trophies were not even shown on Nintendo systems.

Next thing you know is you'll have Street Fighter characters, Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and hell why not throw Kratos from God of War? They put Snake in who sticks out like a gay guy in a strip club, so let's add some more people to make him fit in.

Then let's have all these 3rd party characters be crazy powerful so you will only want to play them and you make you want to by their game.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm...

I can see where you're coming from, but don't get to ahead of yourself, first, I wouldn't necessarily call it a marketing scheme, nor advertisement, just a good ol' buddy request made true, Kojima's intention wasn't to advertise Snake but to simply see him as a playable character in Smash.

Second, If Sakurai (or whoever is going to create the next one) announed that there wouldn't be any 3rd party characters, all the Smash hype would be GONE, poof gone up in smoke, and that wouldn't be good for Nintendo, since it's one of it's top rated games, so I don't think 3rd characters will ever be out of the question.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, not only would the hype for Smash 4 be destroyed for the vast majority of people, but there would be a gigantic amount of complaints too. Mewtwo was a bottom tier character in Melee, and a secondary character (if you can even really call it that) in the Pokemon games, and look at the backlash created by him being gone. If you did the same to Sonic and Snake, the series would never be able to live it down.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I doubt as many people care about Snake as Sonic. Hell the reason I loved Melee was the likeable characters and awesome fighting. If Sonic retains his stupid attitude I would love him gone. I hope Project Needlemouse fixes him.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
That is true that there is a huge fanbase for 3rd party characters and technically Krystal is even 3rd party(or at least she was). Sonic was the most wanted character for brawl. I just feel that Smash will be heading down a slippery slope if they start adding 3rd party characters.

Mewtwo was a disappointment in Melee but he was my favorite psychic pokemon. I think in SSB4 he should become a boss and able to fly around and attack with psychic abilities. That would make the fans happy.

And just for pointers nobody shed a tear when Pichu was gone. That has to be the worst Smash character...of all time.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Krystal was never third party. Yes she was created in a game that Rare was in charge of, but she was always property of Nintendo, as are every other character that showed up in Star Fox Adventures. That's why even after Rare was sold to Microsoft, the same DK design that was created by Rare was still used by Nintendo.

And Pichu was a clone. There isn't as much backlash it seems for the clones, but its still there, and there were people who were dissapointed with Pichu's lack of inclusion. (Though I'm fairly sure they must have known that it was coming)

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Well there are brawl texture hacks being made as pichu so there is obviously some people missing him. Personally, he was my main in melee so I miss him too. It's just before brawl came out, we didn't know who was getting cut so we didn't really worry about them till the game actually came out. Some were indeed obvious like pichu but some were not (eg mewtwo).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well there are brawl texture hacks being made as pichu so there is obviously some people missing him. Personally, he was my main in melee so I miss him too. It's just before brawl came out, we didn't know who was getting cut so we didn't really worry about them till the game actually came out. Some were indeed obvious like pichu but some were not (eg mewtwo).
same here, pichu is one of my main melee brawlers. if hg/ss gets repped it will most likely be one form or another of pichu.

@ justblaze, i too would enjoy wolf link however im not entirely sure if him just being in tp is enough for a link transformation/character slot. however, maybe him and midna will be an at?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Wolf Link should not be represented. ever. Twilight Princess will not be the newest Zelda by the time SSB4 comes out (hell it isn't even the newest one now) and wolf link was flat out the worst thing the Zelda series ever tried.

And Gen 5 is on its way, so HG/SS will not get a character so Pichu will be thankfully non-existent.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I personally wouldn't mind Wolf Link, with Midna riding him, but its past their time now. Rumor has it that Link's fighting style gets a large overhaul in the next Zelda game anyways, so we're going to have to deal with that.

And HG/SS could still theoretically be represented in spite of Gen 5's immanence. Remember the Pokemon Trainer is based off his desin for FR/LG after all.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I can't see anyone use Pichu because he hurt himself every time he used an electric attack. You couldn't do anything without taking damage.

Honestly Wolf Link/Minda would be really run to play in Smash. He would be a fast quadroped and just attacking others like an animal would be satisfying . But yeah he wouldn't get in because he only appeared once. It's kinda like having Majora's mask Link that can change from Deku, Goron, and Zora links. Fierce Diety as his final smash.

The Zelda Wii game is rumor to use Wii motion plus so now you have full control on how Link swings his sword or shoot his bow. As long as you can do it left handed unlike TP I'm excited.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I can't see anyone use Pichu because he hurt himself every time he used an electric attack. You couldn't do anything without taking damage.
Actually Pichu is pretty strong with his moves. Sure he takes damage but thats only from his special moves and a few physical attacks. However though he gets hurt in the process, pichu can do more damage than pikachu when using his attacks. Plus he could make some could ko's pretty easily (always preferred his smash up and smash side in comparsion to pikachu).

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I have envisioned the future. i have a grand strategy for the next smash series. i bet you that they all return in ssb4 in 2012. including pichu! yes i said 2012, everything has panned out inside of this cranium. Super Smash Fighters DS (2011) will include ONLY two of each franchise that means no luigi, the inclusion of Black shadow, sylux, black knight, King K.Rool, Captain Syrup, Claus, Layle, High Commander Jegran. Why would i include layle and jegran? because square enix will be developing it. NO! no geno, not yet. Geno is downloadable content in SSB4 for the Wii 2 sometime near December 21, 2012 about 6 months after its release.
(trust me, i have nothing against luigi, this is why i nixed the word Bros. from the title)
you can play as mewtwo because he is the pokemon villain, pikachu is a must so they decide to revive mewtwo, his moves have drastically evolved in the one on one fighter so they revamp them the way they are in fighters into ssb4. the ram in the wii 2 will rival the xbox 360.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why does two of each franchise mean no Luigi? Going by Smash 64, Luigi is second in line, not Bowser or Peach. I mean if you limit to two from each series, then odds are that Jiggs may get the boot due to the fact that she's just not as popular or relevant anymore, but the same doesn't apply to Luigi. Black Shadow, Black Knight, and Claus are all pretty much just clone-style characters, and there are better picks in series than them. Plus, are you insinuating that this is for your predicted new console game, or is it for the portable one? If its the latter, then that's even worse. I'll level with you that Black Shadow, as a clone character would be easier to implement for the sake of time, and Sylux, despite not being nearly as popular or deserving as Ridley, may be a better pick from a technical stand point, but what's the deal with BK, and Claus there? Are we cutting Ness and Marth?

Also, even if you are saying that these characters are for the main console, Sylux has done virtually nothing in regards to the Metroid series, especially compared to Ridley, and Captain Syrup is very iffy at best due to her not being a fighter. (She relies on other things. I guess you could try to worm that into a moveset for her, but its still probably best to not include her at all) Heck, most of you picks there are simply villains, and just including villains for the sake of villains is a pretty bad idea in the long run. And in addition, planning out ahead of time that Geno would be DLC is terrible as well given the fact that it contradicts the purpose of DLC outside of a way to just get money.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
HAHAHAHAHA!
YES! I Knew it! im sorry i did that to you. Mario-Bowser, Link-Ganondorf, Kirby-Dedede, Pikachu-Mewtwo, Ike-Black Knight, Captain Falcon-Black Shadow, Lucas-Claus, Wario-Captain Syrup, Samus-Sylux(apparently sylux has something against the federation and i envision him in Other M), Donkey Kong-King K.Rool, Layle-High Commander Jegran. I list them like this a-la Dissidia Final Fantasy. Your jeers are very appreciated some people say i am a psychopath for smiling at negativity but i know this is why nightmares exist.
if you want, Luigi is another skin. (common Jeers, Jeers, No wammy, no wammy, STOP!)

*oh and yes, it is DS, hahaha. my post was pretty scrambled concerning SSFDS and SSB4. relax, SSFDS is a precursor to SSB4. it introduces the long awaited k.rool, claus and black shadow. why is it worse if fighters is portable? SSB4 is already on Wii 2. it is developed by square enix to include Cristal Chronicles characters and the game is like dissidia One on One, Main Hero, Main Villain or one who hero has disputes with (due to ridleys erroneous wing size span...sylux which i can assure you will return in other M). Nintendo Plans these things too, keep in mind they'll catch on to it eventually.

**Jigglypuff wont get the boot from SSB4, jiggs is extremely popular in japan. remember that japan comes first.
did i not mention that every character returns to brawl again in SSB4? with the exception of young link (unless you want him to be a second skin to toon link though it'd be weird taunting with the wind waker.)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Seriously dude, that's terrible. Smash isn't about that. Smash is about Nintendo all stars fighting each other, not having them go back into their old battles. You're cutting characters like Peach and Luigi for Captain Syrup and Sylux, and that's just horrible, not to mention Ness and Marth being cut. (I guess in the end Lucas may be more appropriate for a portable game, but when you're giving it two spots, then there's no reason to put in Claus instead. Ike is even worse, since the latest FE game was Shadow Dragon, which not only was portable, but also used Marth) The whole system also takes out a lot of the retro characters and outside of that Crsytal Bearers junk, added no new franchises.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
aww, are you the only one responding to me? for crying out loud, peach, who i love very much in melee, enters the fray in SSB4.

*hopefully with her aerial agility intact.

*i hope you read the updates on my previous message.

*if you are bent on the destruction of Fighters then i'll level with you. this was an experiment of mental torture.
here is my SSB4 roster from my website at deviantART straightout copy and paste.

the original list of every playable character in the 3 games in alphabetical order.
VETERANS:
Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Falco, Fox, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Meta-Knight, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Pichu, Pikachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard), R.O.B, Roy, Samus, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wario, Wolf, Yoshi, Young Link, Zelda/Sheik, Zero Suit Samus.

those to not appear as a playable character in SSB4
ELIMINATIONS:
Young Link

those to return from an earlier elimination
REPRIEVES:
Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy

those that could if not should become newcomers. I'm not a nintendo official so i do not have the jurisdiction to finalize or warp an individuals mind to believe in its finalization. (not in alphabetical order)
NEWCOMERS:
Mega Man X, King K.Rool, Sylux, Krystal, Black Shadow, Pokemon Trainer (Basic entry Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh pokemon)(see previous journal on user customizations), Black Knight, Vaati, Little Mac, Eirika (or Micaiah, only ONE though), Issac, Saki Amamiya, Ray MK III, Lloyd Irving.

count: 65 playable characters (the actual pokemon trainer is excluded due to not being controlled, Giga Bowser, Super Sonic not included)
**UPDATE** as of feb 2, 2010
i add travis touchdown from no more heroes. bowser jr. i add captain syrup from wario ware. ill have to think about.
technically i added dark samus due to alt final smash of samus but im not considering it as a roster candidate.

*______
its still a work in progress

this is something grand that was on mymind before i fell asleep (usually) also Straight Out of DeviantART.

_______

in this 3D web diagram-based mind of mine, i have conjured numerous ideas beginning with this one.
#1 move list customization.
Mario has the FLUDD, he used to have the Mario tornado. with the customization you can switch back to FLUDD, or have any other move that Nintendo (or you, maybe you can help give ideas to Sakurai) can think of. same goes for up B, instead of the ordinary super jump punch, he can have fludd raise him up like in sunshine. mega man X can have all of his moves (ALL OF THEM, HAHAHAHAHA, im not just intelligent, im a psychopath as well but that's not completely evident within this parenthesis) (Keiji Inafune submitted X too late for brawl just like Hideo Kojima submitted Snake too late for Melee, this is why X has a higher chance over X's big bro 'classic' mega man) if you want, (you) you can customize the physical moves.

Oh and the moves are the general ones if you don't have a user being used. the moves are based on the customization you customize while you select the user name.
example...
username: AUG chooses Link who had his boomerang switched to the ordinary for increased damage in favor of the gale boomerang.
username: PUNK also chooses Link, he prefers the gale boomerang. his user name already has it customized to keep the gale boomerang.

#2 c-stick usage, select other character
the other characters are selected by moving the wiimote downwards, moving the c-stick downwards, nunchuck's c-stick downwards, or the right stick downwards. you must select the character first.

CHARACTERS WITH HIDDEN FIGHTERS:
Mario - Dr. Mario
Pikachu - Pichu
Marth - Roy
Fox - Falco
Samus - Zero Suit Samus
Lucario - Mewtwo (yes, mewtwo is under lucario)
Zelda - Sheik
Lucas - Ness (yes, ness is under lucas)
Pokemon Trainer - squirtle, ivysaur, charizard, totodile, bayleaf, typhlosion, mudkip, grovile, blaziken, piplup, grotle, monferno (based on your trainer customizations, only 3)*

*Pokemon trainer can only have the whole region set, no mixing. until you unlock Lloyd Irving, which according to me would be the last character to unlock, only then, can you mix and match Pokemon. (totodile, grovile, charizard; awesome!)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
This board isn't a chat or anything. There are times where there are only one person around, and times where there are more.

And your changes still don't change how bad the ideas are. For one, Sylux has not shown any indication of being in Other M at all. If anything Other M is taking things from the manga storyline, which Sylux wasn't a part of. Second off, even if you say Peach & Luigi would show up again in SSB4, that still doesn't change how they are much better canidates than several of the villains you're suggesting.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I like the idea of the heroes and their rivals. . . leave that for the DS and have your theory in the console version

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
Buffing Ness

I have ideas on buffing Ness. First Nintendo should buff his yo-yo. His yo-yo should have better knockback and less lag and slightly better range. Second thing is for them to make his bat become as quick as it was in melee and still have the knockback that brawl has. Third is his down air. Let it become as quick as SSB. Fourth is to have his PK thunder go through enemies like Lucas's pk thunder but it will still move faster than Lucas's pk thunder. Fifth is to increase the distance of his pk thunder 2. Last is to have his psi magnet heal BETTER than Lucas's psi magnet. IMO i feel it is unfair for Lucas's psi magnet to heal better than Ness's psi magnet because Lucas's psi magnet can cause damage AND can be used as a recovery. Since Lucas's psi magnet can do all that nintendo should of least had made Ness's psi magnet heal better.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
have yall read the ideas (#1 move list customization, #2 c-stick usage, select other character)
these two i feel strongly about, no experiments, in all seriousness. Dr. Mario under Mario, (i need to meet Dr. Mario again, for beating my peach in that tournament) the select other character is to make room for more characters. falco can still have his moves from brawl, he can even have his own alt moves (as well as the other under characters listed in my previous message)

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually like to see actual in game non canon fighting techniques that won't have to be made up from glitches. Something to aid in prolonging or continuing combos and something to save you from combos. I'd like for the Roster to be at least 40-45 characters and include everyone in Brawl and have Melee characters as sub options for characters. Sub meaning they're hidden in game and aren't apart of the actual roster ( down-loadable content)...NO CLONES, ZERO CLONES! It's not that hard to make up a moveset for ganon or falco! People do it in boards like these all the time!
Have at least 3-4 characters not related to the Nintendo scene Ex: Sonic sub Knuckles, Snake sub Raiden, Geno sub Megaman. No glitches would be nice, Online play is a must ( the best they can muster)... Actual changes in different gameplay followed with Team attacks and other options via team matches. Such as an idea like Smash savior, where a team mate sacrifices they're last stock to revive a fallen friend who will get a temp boost in power/ speed/ weight etc depending on who it is. Better Ai, new Ai selection Lv0 ( hardest Ai, ultimately I wish that this level of Ai could actually utilize every technique in game, and predict patterns of opponents using the roster method and sequential numbers as a guide. Ai really needs to be boosted. This Ai, I'm hoping would actually be nearly unbeatable to those who haven't mastered the techniques in the game.)

I have hundreds of ideas, most are pipe dreams, but the one thing that I truly want is...
For the next game to learn from it's predecessors mistakes and successes and be a great game. I really want for 4th generation SMASH to really Shine in the eyes of the fans of the series.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Geno sub Megaman...um what?

And I like clones. They make semi-unique characxters in greater numbers. You want a 40-45 roster, get usef to the idea of clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom