• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artifact

Smash Cadet
@ Artifact

Lucas was never decloned from Lucas, since that would mean Lucas was in Melee. Even so, their only simmilarities are in their specials, and in that case, only two are really close. They aren't clones. Marth and Ike only share one special.

Noxus/Sylux is a really bad choice when compared to Ridley. Heck, no other Metroid character besides Ridley really should get in, since no one else has a large enough role or enough fans. I guess Dark Samus is a possibility, but it seems like she would end up being a clone (I'm aware her abilities are different, but you know how this stuff goes) or maybe just a alt costume if those are in.

There shouldn't be a second Sonic character unless there's a second Metal Gear character. Still as their guest franchises they shouldn't have a second character anyways.

I'm not going to touch why I don't think Mewtwo's coming back, but Pluse and Minum lost their chance with Brawl. Midna is probably another case like Pluse and Minum where the only good time was this time.

Lastly Birdo isn't a Yoshi series character, and would show up under Mario.

Also, while you can edit it to make it go away, you misspelled Kangaskhan.

Oh yeah, and for this whole Duck Hunt dog thing, the character really makes no sense and shouldn't get in, imho.

Im sorry i think i said that wrong, what i mean is i dont want a bunch of characters who look almost identical and play almost identical. Ness and Lucas could literall be just a costume change, same for Marth and Ike. I like the Ridley idea, but i just dont think you can downsize him enough. Making him a medium sized guy would just be weird. I thought about adding him to my list but i didnt know how to handle the size problem, meh i dunno. I def like ridley more than noxus, but i just dont think the size shift would give him justice.

And yea, i couldnt remember how to spell Kangastan lol thanks
I just saw everyone making guys and move sets and just had a quick idea.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About Pokemon, the only Pokemon characters worth adding to the roster, at least from the marketing point-of-view, would be:

Red & 1st gen starters
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Mewtwo
Gold & 2nd gen starters
Pichu
May & 3rd gen starters
Plusle & Minun
Deoxys
Dawn & 4th gen starters
Lucario
5th gen Pokemon Trainer & 5th gen starters
5th gen humanoid Pokemon that happens to be a movie star (see Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Lucario)

If Pokemon is getting four or five slots on the character select screen, one of them will be Pikachu. There is no doubt about it. So the remaining three or four slots are up for grabs.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
First things first: while Falco was a last-second addition, Wolf was not. "Last-second" means late in development, not sometime with well over a year remaining. Sakurai had more than enough time to go with anyone else just as easily.

Second, the fact that he has no qualms with adding major supporting characters (rather than only main protagonists) to a series that hasn't done anything special shows that he's not the minimalist you make him out to be. Which is good, because really, main characters only? Who in their right mind would make the rules for entry so arbitrary?

Last thing I want to point out (and this is something all of you miss) is that Sakurai really doesn't care about the status of the series themselves, only the characters. I don't know how many times I have to point that out. Look at how each series was doing during each Smash game, then compare the number of characters they got. Almost none of them add up.
Actually, there is strong evidence to indicate that Wolf was the last character added to Brawl's roster.

There are thee indicators for this:

1. He is one of the three characters that did not have a role in the SSE.
2. Among the game's files there is a list for planned unique character themes for every character on the roster. The list is likely the order in which characters were inserted on the roster (with the exception of the guests). Interestingly enough, both Mewtwo and Roy are on this list, but not Wolf.
3. In the final co-op event match where you fight the entire roster, Wolf is the last character you fight, who appears even after the guest characters.

I have written in the past that Sakurai's original planned roster for Brawl had Mewtwo and Roy on it, but later in development got swapped for Sonic and Wolf.

Here is the excerpt you would find most interesting:
This beta Brawl roster is very similar to the one that we have now, with the exception that it contains Mewtwo and Roy, but lacks Sonic and Wolf. This roster will be called Brawl Roster RM (Roy-Mewtwo). Mewtwo and Roy were most likely fully completed and playable and made it farther along than any other of the Forbidden 7. The main evidence to support this is within the game’s coding. There are listings within Brawl’s data for unique victory themes for every character that is currently in Brawl (with the exception of Wolf). In the coding, victory themes for Mewtwo and Roy are listed. However, what infers to me that these two were completed is that they are between Jigglypuff’s listed victory theme and Toon Link’s victory theme (where in the coding Sonic’s comes after Toon Link’s, and there is nothing for Wolf). The order in which these characters are numbered within the coding is integral. Notice how in the final game, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf are listed as the last characters (with the only ones coming after them being Snake and Sonic, simply because they are third-party “guest” characters). This means that Mewtwo and Roy were completed before Toon Link, Sonic, and Wolf were.

With this in mind, if Brawl Roster RM were our final roster, the listing in Brawl would have went like this, “Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, Toon Link”. Toon Link was likely the last character that was completed for the RM roster. Also, to people that speculate that Mewtwo would have been a major character in the SSE had he not been cut, due to where he is listed within the game’s coding, both he and Roy, would have the same role as Jigglypuff and Toon Link (and later Wolf) in the SSE, which is appear after entering a certain door once you beat the SSE. Roy would have most likely have his hidden door in Marth’s castle, whereas Mewtwo’s door most likely would have been in one of the Floating Island Research Facility levels. With this in mind, contrary to popular thought, Sakurai was not choosing between Mewtwo and Jigglypuff for a spot on the roster, and that he intended originally for both to be in the game. Here is the most likely arrangement for Brawl Roster RM:

Mario | DK | Link | Samus | Kirby | Fox | Pikachu | Marth | Ness
Luigi| Diddy| Zelda| Pit | Meta | Falco | Trainer | Ike | Lucas
Peach| Yoshi| Ganon| Ice| Dedede| Falcon| Lucario| Roy | G&W
Bowser| Wario| TLink| ROB| Olimar| Snake| Jiggly| Mewtwo| Random

As can be seen although only two characters have been replaced from the final Brawl roster, Brawl Roster RM’s roster differs quite a bit from the arrangement of the final Brawl roster, and has many similarities to the proposed arrangement for the Beta Brawl Roster. The first five columns remain the same as they were in the final game. The sixth column differs from the absence of Wolf, however, the theme stays the same, which is darker sci-fi series. The seventh column stays the same. The eighth column is very much different than the one in the final game. Roy and Mewtwo make up this row, and the way it is arranged leaves further credence to the arrangement of the Beta Brawl Roster, meaning that the one Pokemon character hanging out in the Fire Emblem row, still carried over this late in development. The ninth column is radically different from its final counterpart. It contains series with multiple installments but are finished (Itoi has said Mother 3 is the final game in the Mother series, and Game & Watch has not had a new game outside of compilations since 1989). The random icon makes up the last slot to this row, just like in the final game. As can be seen this roster draws upon both the Beta Brawl Roster arrangement (which lays more credence to it) and the final Brawl roster character selection screen. It is very likely that this is what Sakurai had intended to be the final game’s roster. However, as many of you know, this would not come to pass, due to a furry invasion.

Sakurai in June of 2006 in the e-mail bag section of the Japanese Smash Bros. site said that he may add another one or two third-party characters. Many Westerners misinterpreted this as him saying that he would definitely be adding another two third-party characters. Many people thus thought Sonic was a shoe-in for Brawl, as well as Mega Man for the third third-party slot. Many people speculated that Sonic would be shown around E3, however, as many of you know, he would not be show until October with the announcement of another delay for Brawl. However, what many people did not realize was that Sonic was not a shoe-in, and that he was actually either the last or second-to-last character to be placed into the game (notice how most of Sonic’s moves consist of him rolling into a ball or borrow from another character’s moveset).

Most likely during late 2006 or early 2007, Sakurai caught wind of the demand for Sonic to be in the game among Western Smash Bros. fans. Sakurai must have been conflicted, he probably wanted to stay with the roster he already had (which was Brawl Roster RM), however, he felt that there would be a massive fan backlash in the West if Sonic was not a part of the roster. While he had enough time to add Sonic, there had to be a cut. There was simply no way he could make a 36 character roster that had no random icon. So with the addition of Sonic most likely came the axing of either Roy or Mewtwo. Let’s hypothetically say Roy was cut for Sonic. However, even with Sonic in the game, there was no place for Sonic on the character selection screen without looking awkward (through a column theme perspective). Sakurai also perhaps felt that Sonic was merely a character for the Western fanbase. So Sakurai searched for a character that would please the Japanese fanbase and be able to restore “balance” to the character selection screen. He decided upon Wolf, who was one of the most requested characters among Japanese Smash fans. Wolf was made into a Luigified clone of Fox, with different A-moves, but similar specials and a Final Smash. With this, Sakurai pulled Mewtwo out of the game and placed in Wolf. So in essence, it was Sonic and Wolf that stole the spots to Mewtwo and Roy, not Jigglypuff and Ike, like so many posters here claim.

artifact

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff and Pikachu have their spots secured i promise. The #1 and #2 most popular pokemon in the series will def. remain. I think mewtwo is cooler than **** lucario but Sakurai thinks diff. I could see Meowth or Mew getting a spot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, there is strong evidence to indicate that Wolf was the last character added to Brawl's roster.

2. Among the game's files there is a list for planned unique character themes for every character on the roster. The list is likely the order in which characters were inserted on the roster (with the exception of the guests). Interestingly enough, both Mewtwo and Roy are on this list, but not Wolf.
3. In the final co-op event match where you fight the entire roster, Wolf is the last character you fight, who appears even after the guest characters.

I have written in the past that Sakurai's original planned roster for Brawl had Mewtwo and Roy on it, but later in development got swapped for Sonic and Wolf.
You mean the whole roster placement theory? I think you're close on what happened, but the way you base this is highly flawed as the roster could've been arranged anyway to conform to the characters present.

I think Mewtwo was a victim of Lucario and Sonic's inclusion. These two had to be worked on first for obvious reasons. Thus, there wasn't enough time for him. Jigglypuff managed to survive because of her original 12 status and probably because she has, I want to say, the least amount of effects and the simplest animations in the game. Wolf was possibly scrapped early on like you said and was later brought back because they were able to add him in. As for Roy, I can't say for certain. Perhaps he was a low priority character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You mean the whole roster placement theory? I think you're close on what happened, but the way you base this is highly flawed as the roster could've been arranged anyway to conform to the characters present.

I think Mewtwo was a victim of Lucario and Sonic's inclusion. These two had to be worked on first for obvious reasons. Thus, there wasn't enough time for him. Jigglypuff managed to survive because of her original 12 status and probably because she has, I want to say, the least amount of effects and the simplest animations in the game. Wolf was possibly scrapped early on like you said and was later brought back because they were able to add him in. As for Roy, I can't say for certain. Perhaps he was a low priority character.
Roy and Mewtwo were the only ones of the Forbidden 7 that were on the planned unique victory theme list. Only Wolf is not on this list. Wolf is also the only character that is listed after the guest characters in Brawl. Judging from this Wolf was either the last or second-to-last character added to Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Roy and Mewtwo were the only ones of the Forbidden 7 that were on the planned unique victory theme list. Only Wolf is not on this list. Wolf is also the only character that is listed after the guest characters in Brawl. Judging from this Wolf was either the last or second-to-last character added to Brawl.
I still believe that. I was just saying that you're arrival to your theory is flawed. Assuming Sakurai was telling the truth, Wolf was the second to last one to be added.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Im sorry i think i said that wrong, what i mean is i dont want a bunch of characters who look almost identical and play almost identical. Ness and Lucas could literall be just a costume change, same for Marth and Ike. I like the Ridley idea, but i just dont think you can downsize him enough. Making him a medium sized guy would just be weird. I thought about adding him to my list but i didnt know how to handle the size problem, meh i dunno. I def like ridley more than noxus, but i just dont think the size shift would give him justice.
....No they wouldn't. While I guess apperance wise they are somewhat simmilar, they do not play the same same, especially Marth and Ike there. Ridley can easily be downsized because his size constantly shifts in the games. Heck, did you see Bowser in SMS? He was bigger than Ridley has ever been. Heck, he was pretty much Kraid size. And saying that it wouldn't do him justice if he was smaller is one of the most moronic things that people come up for the size issue (no offense) Look at his original apperance where he is the size of Samus. Look at the intro to Melee where he fits in fine. Look at Charizard in comparison to Pikachu. Look at Olimar who is supposed to be the size of a quarter. Look at Kirby who is supposed to be 8 inches tall.

And yea, i couldnt remember how to spell Kangastan lol thanks
I just saw everyone making guys and move sets and just had a quick idea.
...dude, you didn't spell it right again. Its not Kangastan, its Kangaskhan. You know, like Genghis Khan.

And about ROB being compared to the DH dog, ROB actually was speculated as a pottential character until he got revealed as a common enemy in SSE. Little did we know that there was a reason for that. Before that though he had cameos in several other games, and even was playable in MKDS. In addition, most of the people who said he shouldn't have gotten in based it on the fact that other characters (such as Ridley, Mega Man, Krystal, Mewtwo, etc) didn't get in over him.

BBQTV

Smash Master
now that i think about it [charzard=ridley] using this formula he could work

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Pieman, whoever you quoted above........Marth and Ike....? Marth and Ike? Si-sim..ilar..? Similar? Cos..tume...Swap...? Costume Swap? Marth and Ike play and look similar enough to be.... a Costume Swap....? Really? I think I could honestly say I would NOT buy the game if they threw stupid costume swaps in like that......or Ness and Lucas.....

Ridley could work like Charizard-ish size.... (I'm pretty sure that's what BBQTV meant)

artifact

Smash Cadet
....No they wouldn't. While I guess apperance wise they are somewhat simmilar, they do not play the same same, especially Marth and Ike there. Ridley can easily be downsized because his size constantly shifts in the games. Heck, did you see Bowser in SMS? He was bigger than Ridley has ever been. Heck, he was pretty much Kraid size. And saying that it wouldn't do him justice if he was smaller is one of the most moronic things that people come up for the size issue (no offense) Look at his original apperance where he is the size of Samus. Look at the intro to Melee where he fits in fine. Look at Charizard in comparison to Pikachu. Look at Olimar who is supposed to be the size of a quarter. Look at Kirby who is supposed to be 8 inches tall.

...dude, you didn't spell it right again. Its not Kangastan, its Kangaskhan. You know, like Genghis Khan.

And about ROB being compared to the DH dog, ROB actually was speculated as a pottential character until he got revealed as a common enemy in SSE. Little did we know that there was a reason for that. Before that though he had cameos in several other games, and even was playable in MKDS. In addition, most of the people who said he shouldn't have gotten in based it on the fact that other characters (such as Ridley, Mega Man, Krystal, Mewtwo, etc) didn't get in over him.

dude, chill out ok. I make a suggestion and go off on me saying my idea is moronic. Just relax ok, it was a suggestion. Honestly i could care less about the spelling, its not like im submitting this to a board of registration or anything.
And ill say it again, i dont like how characters "look" the exact same and play similar. Like it or not, Ness and Lucas play similar, same kind of jumps and recover with mostly similar attacks. I dont understand why they did what they did with Marth and Ike, they made an almost completely diff move set but decided to take the same character and change his hair cut and sword color and call it a different character. There are TONS of other guys they could have included in place of Ike/Ness/Falco. If you can reply without sounding offensive that would be fantastic.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman

Here is the excerpt you would find most interesting:
This beta Brawl roster is very similar to the one that we have now, with the exception that it contains Mewtwo and Roy, but lacks Sonic and Wolf. This roster will be called Brawl Roster RM (Roy-Mewtwo). Mewtwo and Roy were most likely fully completed and playable and made it farther along than any other of the Forbidden 7. The main evidence to support this is within the game’s coding. There are listings within Brawl’s data for unique victory themes for every character that is currently in Brawl (with the exception of Wolf). In the coding, victory themes for Mewtwo and Roy are listed. However, what infers to me that these two were completed is that they are between Jigglypuff’s listed victory theme and Toon Link’s victory theme (where in the coding Sonic’s comes after Toon Link’s, and there is nothing for Wolf). The order in which these characters are numbered within the coding is integral. Notice how in the final game, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf are listed as the last characters (with the only ones coming after them being Snake and Sonic, simply because they are third-party “guest” characters). This means that Mewtwo and Roy were completed before Toon Link, Sonic, and Wolf were.

With this in mind, if Brawl Roster RM were our final roster, the listing in Brawl would have went like this, “Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, Toon Link”. Toon Link was likely the last character that was completed for the RM roster. Also, to people that speculate that Mewtwo would have been a major character in the SSE had he not been cut, due to where he is listed within the game’s coding, both he and Roy, would have the same role as Jigglypuff and Toon Link (and later Wolf) in the SSE, which is appear after entering a certain door once you beat the SSE. Roy would have most likely have his hidden door in Marth’s castle, whereas Mewtwo’s door most likely would have been in one of the Floating Island Research Facility levels. With this in mind, contrary to popular thought, Sakurai was not choosing between Mewtwo and Jigglypuff for a spot on the roster, and that he intended originally for both to be in the game. Here is the most likely arrangement for Brawl Roster RM:

Mario | DK | Link | Samus | Kirby | Fox | Pikachu | Marth | Ness
Luigi| Diddy| Zelda| Pit | Meta | Falco | Trainer | Ike | Lucas
Peach| Yoshi| Ganon| Ice| Dedede| Falcon| Lucario| Roy | G&W
Bowser| Wario| TLink| ROB| Olimar| Snake| Jiggly| Mewtwo| Random

As can be seen although only two characters have been replaced from the final Brawl roster, Brawl Roster RM’s roster differs quite a bit from the arrangement of the final Brawl roster, and has many similarities to the proposed arrangement for the Beta Brawl Roster. The first five columns remain the same as they were in the final game. The sixth column differs from the absence of Wolf, however, the theme stays the same, which is darker sci-fi series. The seventh column stays the same. The eighth column is very much different than the one in the final game. Roy and Mewtwo make up this row, and the way it is arranged leaves further credence to the arrangement of the Beta Brawl Roster, meaning that the one Pokemon character hanging out in the Fire Emblem row, still carried over this late in development. The ninth column is radically different from its final counterpart. It contains series with multiple installments but are finished (Itoi has said Mother 3 is the final game in the Mother series, and Game & Watch has not had a new game outside of compilations since 1989). The random icon makes up the last slot to this row, just like in the final game. As can be seen this roster draws upon both the Beta Brawl Roster arrangement (which lays more credence to it) and the final Brawl roster character selection screen. It is very likely that this is what Sakurai had intended to be the final game’s roster. However, as many of you know, this would not come to pass, due to a furry invasion.

Sakurai in June of 2006 in the e-mail bag section of the Japanese Smash Bros. site said that he may add another one or two third-party characters. Many Westerners misinterpreted this as him saying that he would definitely be adding another two third-party characters. Many people thus thought Sonic was a shoe-in for Brawl, as well as Mega Man for the third third-party slot. Many people speculated that Sonic would be shown around E3, however, as many of you know, he would not be show until October with the announcement of another delay for Brawl. However, what many people did not realize was that Sonic was not a shoe-in, and that he was actually either the last or second-to-last character to be placed into the game (notice how most of Sonic’s moves consist of him rolling into a ball or borrow from another character’s moveset).

Most likely during late 2006 or early 2007, Sakurai caught wind of the demand for Sonic to be in the game among Western Smash Bros. fans. Sakurai must have been conflicted, he probably wanted to stay with the roster he already had (which was Brawl Roster RM), however, he felt that there would be a massive fan backlash in the West if Sonic was not a part of the roster. While he had enough time to add Sonic, there had to be a cut. There was simply no way he could make a 36 character roster that had no random icon. So with the addition of Sonic most likely came the axing of either Roy or Mewtwo. Let’s hypothetically say Roy was cut for Sonic. However, even with Sonic in the game, there was no place for Sonic on the character selection screen without looking awkward (through a column theme perspective). Sakurai also perhaps felt that Sonic was merely a character for the Western fanbase. So Sakurai searched for a character that would please the Japanese fanbase and be able to restore “balance” to the character selection screen. He decided upon Wolf, who was one of the most requested characters among Japanese Smash fans. Wolf was made into a Luigified clone of Fox, with different A-moves, but similar specials and a Final Smash. With this, Sakurai pulled Mewtwo out of the game and placed in Wolf. So in essence, it was Sonic and Wolf that stole the spots to Mewtwo and Roy, not Jigglypuff and Ike, like so many posters here claim.
I feel like befreinding you, simply for explaining what I have been asking, and saying what I have been longing to hear. So, if your claim is true, then that should mean what for the future fates of Roy and Mewtwo?

@ Artifact: Are you crazy? While Ike may be a bit similar to Marth, they are far from clones.

artifact

Smash Cadet
Pieman, whoever you quoted above........Marth and Ike....? Marth and Ike? Si-sim..ilar..? Similar? Cos..tume...Swap...? Costume Swap? Marth and Ike play and look similar enough to be.... a Costume Swap....? Really? I think I could honestly say I would NOT buy the game if they threw stupid costume swaps in like that......or Ness and Lucas.....

Ridley could work like Charizard-ish size.... (I'm pretty sure that's what BBQTV meant)
I never said i wanted them to be a costume swap, your just makin stuff up now. But They look extremely similar and i feel there would be much more diversity if they would replace them with someone who is vasty different.

justaway12

Smash Master
dude, chill out ok. I make a suggestion and go off on me saying my idea is moronic. Just relax ok, it was a suggestion. Honestly i could care less about the spelling, its not like im submitting this to a board of registration or anything.
And ill say it again, i dont like how characters "look" the exact same and play similar. Like it or not, Ness and Lucas play similar, same kind of jumps and recover with mostly similar attacks. I dont understand why they did what they did with Marth and Ike, they made an almost completely diff move set but decided to take the same character and change his hair cut and sword color and call it a different character. There are TONS of other guys they could have included in place of Ike/Ness/Falco. If you can reply without sounding offensive that would be fantastic.

You know Ness and Lucas' A moves and air attacks are different ;)
and while their B moves have the same name, they act very differently.

Their recoveries aren't the same, the moment some touches Ness' PK thunder he dies, It not the same with Lucas, plus Lucas has much more ways to get back on stages. See: Magnet pull

I really don't know how you think Marth and Ike are similar :confused:
lotsa their moves are different, though some kind of resemble each other...somewhat.

Besides, they all have a different playstyle, if you try to play as Falco with Fox in tourney, you most likely aren't going to do well...

Besdies, I think some fans would be very upset seeing their favorite character as an alt. coustume...

artifact

Smash Cadet

You know Ness and Lucas' A moves and air attacks are different ;)
and while their B moves have the same name, they act very differently.

Their recoveries aren't the same, the moment some touches Ness' PK thunder he dies, It not the same with Lucas, plus Lucas has much more ways to get back on stages. See: Magnet pull

I really don't know how you think Marth and Ike are similar :confused:
lotsa their moves are different.

Besides, they all have a different playstyle, if you try to play as Falco with Fox in tourney, you most likely aren't going to do well...

Besdies, I think some fans would be very upset seeing their favorite character as an alt. coustume...
yea i understand. I guess what i really want is for them to look different. Cause Ness/Lucas and Ike/Marth could def. be alternate costumes(not that i want them to be)

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, I understand what you mean :)

Like how Diasy was an alt. of Peach in Melee or Claus is an alt. of Lucas

But I don't think a lot of fans will want that seeing as how they don't have the same personality, are in different games etc.

It's not a bad idea, but I think it shouldn't be that drastic ;)

artifact

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I understand what you mean :)

Like how Diasy was an alt. of Peach in Melee or Claus is an alt. of Lucas

But I don't think a lot of fans will want that seeing as how they don't have the same personality, are in different games, etc.
True

I would like to see one of the metroid prime hunters in the next game. Ridley would be awesome as long as they make his size not look weird or anything(i feel like a small Ridley is weird lol) I was thinking of some other 3rd party companies...Oddworld lol Abe or Munch anyone?

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
If we get anymore third parties it would be from a well known company that Nintendo has ties with.

Can we talk about Laughing Dog again? In the last three pages we have talkied about like 15 differant things.....

artifact

Smash Cadet
i know, it was just a joke lol there is no chance Oddworld would be a 3rd party, hardly anyone has heard of it and not to mention they are out of the business. I just think it woul be funny to imagine playing as Abe or a viking lol

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Can someone answer my question? I asked that if ChronoBoundings claim is true, then what is the fate of Mewtwo or Our Boi?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can someone answer my question? I asked that if ChronoBoundings claim is true, then what is the fate of Mewtwo or Our Boi?
We can't say for certain. None of us here has enough authority on the subject to say anything. Personally, I believe those two will return.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I guess emotion can't really be translated well through text, but I can assure you that I'm not aggravated at all. Its not an idea, its a reasoning behind a opinion, and I can't help but say it is a moronic reasoning, because that's what it is. And you should care about your spelling when you make comments like the one you did regarding the spelling. If you correct me on the way I spell a character's name, and I acknowledge that you were right about it, yet still misspell it, it would be pretty bad, no?

You're really being dumb here though with Ness/Lucas and Marth/Ike, especially since you're someone who says that there should be more focus on the competitive scene. While it could slide with Lucas and Ness (though its still not particularly true) the Ike/Marth comment is akin to saying that Diddy and Donkey Kong are virtually the same character because they are both brown primates. Your complaints are purely based on aesthetics with no understanding of the background of Fire Emblem.

Sorry though if I sound offensive, but that's how I feel about your opinions. :psycho:

artifact

Smash Cadet
I guess emotion can't really be translated well through text, but I can assure you that I'm not aggravated at all. Its not an idea, its a reasoning behind a opinion, and I can't help but say it is a moronic reasoning, because that's what it is. And you should care about your spelling when you make comments like the one you did regarding the spelling. If you correct me on the way I spell a character's name, and I acknowledge that you were right about it, yet still misspell it, it would be pretty bad, no?

You're really being dumb here though with Ness/Lucas and Marth/Ike, especially since you're someone who says that there should be more focus on the competitive scene. While it could slide with Lucas and Ness (though its still not particularly true) the Ike/Marth comment is akin to saying that Diddy and Donkey Kong are virtually the same character because they are both brown primates. Your complaints are purely based on aesthetics with no understanding of the background of Fire Emblem.

Sorry though if I sound offensive, but that's how I feel about your opinions. :psycho:
You have some slight spelling and grammar errors but im not correcting you. But like i said i want focus on the competitive scene, but i also want a focus on aesthetics. But no, Ike and marth look very similar, both are the same height and size and have a sword, along with similar hair as well. Diddy and Dk are completely different sizes in height and width and almost every way excluding that they are both primates. Its my bad to take offense to what you said, as emotions are hard to translate over the internet. I suppose ive made a bit of confusion on what i want out of the next game. I dont care if Ike and Marth are both in, but i would like for them to look different and not like a clone with a different colored sword.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel like befreinding you, simply for explaining what I have been asking, and saying what I have been longing to hear. So, if your claim is true, then that should mean what for the future fates of Roy and Mewtwo?
Thanks. I already accepted your friend request.

As to your question about the future fates of Mewtwo and Roy, well, Sakurai did say in an interview after Brawl's release that he planned more characters for Brawl but he ran out of time. Unless there were other characters he was planning that were not mentioned in the game's files, then perhaps Mewtwo and Roy will return in Smash 4 assuming he has ample time to implement all the characters on his list. If he was not referring to the Forbidden 7 in regards to his interview statement, then I would say the chances of Mewtwo and Roy depend on whether Sakurai wants to please their Smash fanbases or place in characters that are the "flavor-of-the-month" of their series so to speak. Either way, I am not sure, and only Sakurai knows for certain.

The only character that anyone has ever asked Sakurai about (to my knowledge) as to why they were not included in Smash Bros. Brawl as a playable character was Ridley. Also, when asked to disclose who these planned characters were, Sakurai said he did not want to discuss them.

If we get anymore third parties it would be from a well known company that Nintendo has ties with.
Well, to date their have been two ways in which third-party characters have gotten into Smash Bros.:

1. Connections/friendship with Sakurai.
2. Massive demand from the fanbase.

Snake got in through the first one, and Sonic got in through the second one.

There are only two third-party characters to my knowledge that could get in for Smash 4 based on what I know: Travis Touchdown and Mega Man.

Suda 51, the developer of the No More Heroes series, has attended many events with Sakurai and is a friend of Hideo Kojima (who is a friend of Sakurai). Suda 51 has stated in an interview that he hopes that No More Heroes 2 makes Travis Touchdown more famous so that he can someday be in Smash Bros. and fight alonside Mario and Link.

As to Mega Man, he seems to have the massive fan demand that Sonic had (however, Mega Man's demand still is no where near Sonic's was from what I remember).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You have some slight spelling and grammar errors but im not correcting you. But like i said i want focus on the competitive scene, but i also want a focus on aesthetics. But no, Ike and marth look very similar, both are the same height and size and have a sword, along with similar hair as well. Diddy and Dk are completely different sizes in height and width and almost every way excluding that they are both primates. Its my bad to take offense to what you said, as emotions are hard to translate over the internet. I suppose ive made a bit of confusion on what i want out of the next game. I dont care if Ike and Marth are both in, but i would like for them to look different and not like a clone with a different colored sword.
You can't call a character a clone based on aesthetics or similar weapons. Look at all the fist users and notice that they don't play alike. If you want Ike to look more different from Marth, your best bet is that Ike gets his RD look for the next game.

If you want to discuss the competitive scene and anything else about gameplay, check out my gameplay discussion group.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1678

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I hope they make it so that Ike has a different down-B. And Falco and Wolf. Too many counters spoil the broth.

Good to see Chronobound again. He should make the next Smash Bros. But you forgot to mention that Mega Man's creator said that he was never asked about Mega Man in Brawl.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was playing Brawl last night. Know what SSB4 should have? MOAR challenges! It just feels so satisfying to get a reward for clearing a challenge.

Cruel Brawl is cruel. I still haven't defeated 5 and 10 enemies to clear two challenges!

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I already accepted your friend request.

As to your question about the future fates of Mewtwo and Roy, well, Sakurai did say in an interview after Brawl's release that he planned more characters for Brawl but he ran out of time. Unless there were other characters he was planning that were not mentioned in the game's files, then perhaps Mewtwo and Roy will return in Smash 4 assuming he has ample time to implement all the characters on his list. If he was not referring to the Forbidden 7 in regards to his interview statement, then I would say the chances of Mewtwo and Roy depend on whether Sakurai wants to please their Smash fanbases or place in characters that are the "flavor-of-the-month" of their series so to speak. Either way, I am not sure, and only Sakurai knows for certain.

The only character that anyone has ever asked Sakurai about (to my knowledge) as to why they were not included in Smash Bros. Brawl as a playable character was Ridley. Also, when asked to disclose who these planned characters were, Sakurai said he did not want to discuss them.

Well, to date their have been two ways in which third-party characters have gotten into Smash Bros.:

1. Connections/friendship with Sakurai.
2. Massive demand from the fanbase.

Snake got in through the first one, and Sonic got in through the second one.

There are only two third-party characters to my knowledge that could get in for Smash 4 based on what I know: Travis Touchdown and Mega Man.

Suda 51, the developer of the No More Heroes series, has attended many events with Sakurai and is a friend of Hideo Kojima (who is a friend of Sakurai). Suda 51 has stated in an interview that he hopes that No More Heroes 2 makes Travis Touchdown more famous so that he can someday be in Smash Bros. and fight alonside Mario and Link.

As to Mega Man, he seems to have the massive fan demand that Sonic had (however, Mega Man's demand still is no where near Sonic's was from what I remember).
@ Mewtwo and Roy: So it is quite possible that they will return.

@ Third Party: But for as long as I remember, Nintendo and Sega have been pretty tight anyways.
And like you said, Snake was in as a favor to Sakurai, or something in the such.
I thought Megaman would make it for the same reason I speculated Sonic did; friendship with Ninty.
There's really nothing I can say about Travis Touchdown. If Suda 51 asked him, I am sure he wouldn't reject.

I was playing Brawl last night. Know what SSB4 should have? MOAR challenges! It just feels so satisfying to get a reward for clearing a challenge.

Cruel Brawl is cruel. I still haven't defeated 5 and 10 enemies to clear two challenges!
Thats.......err.......nice, Arcadenik. I wish the challenges where more like Melee's.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well, it was better in Melee when it didn't tell you what you have to do to unlock something or what it is.

Also I would prefer a Street Fighter character over Mega Man but that's just me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, it was better in Melee when it didn't tell you what you have to do to unlock something or what it is.

Also I would prefer a Street Fighter character over Mega Man but that's just me.
It'd be nice to see Megaman AND Ryu (if not him, then Chun-Li, but that won't happen). Unfortunately, we won't see this until Nintendo vs. Capcom happens.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
I can almost garantee a street fighter character won't make it.
QUIT BRINGING UP RANDOM THINGS PEOPLE! :D
We are finally talking about something I want to, don't change the subject.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
Yeah, megaman, pac-man, animal crosser, Geno, ridley, mewtwo, isaac and bomberman are just some of the people who would be popularly demanded (most likely) and friends of Nintendo (for 3rd parties at least, like megaman, geno, pac man and bomberman)

Of course, thats not to say that others like the Dog from Duck Hunt, King K. Rool, Ballon Fighter, Sora, and others wouldn't make it.....(look at Mr. G&W and R.O.B........)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom