• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
I think they really need to improve wifi. they should give you the option to play ranked or unranked matches so that the people who want to compete on a leader board can. Then you would have more options as to what kind of match you want to have like 1v1, 2v2 team, free 4 all etc. You would be able to send pre set messages on the character select screen, stage select, and practice arena. And by the way, a % for sandbag would be shown and you would be able to grab it. you would be able to input a message by pressing R which would take you to a keyboard and you can look at all the messages by holding L and scrolling with the stick. The messages would be things like yes,no,no items?, stock?, time, and any number to specify. For the leaderboards: there would be a leaderboard for every kind of player. There would be a total of 6: 1v1, 1v1 items, 2v2, 2v2 items, free for all, free for all items, that way everybody can compete in their favorite area. And when you find a match in ranked or unranked it would show their name (up to 12 letters long) and their nickname in their character window. Nintendo could just find a way to take off anything offensive like animal crossing ds did. And if you are playing in a ranked match, it would tell you their rank and you can choose to continue with the fight or not, and if you quit mid-match you lose and they win. oh and wiispeak would work too for friend matches only. And the friends list would be like that of mario strikers charged where there are multiple wifi accounts which means way more friends space. And they would let you watch your friends matches while they are going on and let you record them. And matches would be able to be recorded no matter the length but obviously there would still be a total limit.

The characters i want in Super Smash Bros. Mayhem are all the characters from brawl plus mewtwo, roy, Bowser Jr./Shadow mario, knuckles, animal crosser, midna and wolf link, ridley, issac, krystal, king k.rool, banjo kazooie, spyro, megaman, black shadow, claus, and an extension to pokemon trainer that would be treated as an alternate costume but it would still be pokemon trainer just different pokemon with different moves. There would be turtwig,manferno, and empleon.

And for adjustments I would make for characters: Fludd for mario would have multiple functions: turbo swimming, jetpack, and the current use. The jetpack obviously gives you another jump but if youre hit with any attack you fall to your doom much like diddys upB, but marios dB will require you to hold the button to move like robs uB and it will depend on how much charge it has left.

For yoshi if you're blue your sheild will be blue and so would your upB and sB.

for kirby if you were to copy a mario wearing a blue hat your copied hat would be blu also. And each form of his dB would do different damage and knockback.
Samus would have 3 different suits, each one having a different B, sB, and dB. There would be the fusion suit, phazon suit, and dark suit (dark samus).And zero suit samus could be selected by switching through the costumes of samus.

Toon link would have a completely different set ofspecials than link. uB fully charged would be hurricane spin, sB would be deku leaf, dB would still be bombs, and B would be either normal arrows, fire arrows, light arrows, lightning arrows, or ice arrows, and the remaing costumes: dark toon link, purple, brown or anything new would be different versions of the normal arrow, meaning different speed, damage, knockback etc. And by holding the jump button you would do like a gliding type thing like in the windwaker.

for pokemon trainer you could pick a costume that has all the pokemons shiny colors. WOOT!!! black charizard!!! and you would be able to continue playing with the same pokemon even when you die but time until fatigue will still increase but will change to 3 min. instead of 2.

snake would be a tad faster and his tilts would be weakened.

sonics dB would change so its not so much like sB. Instead it would go way faster and it would be able to turn faster but if you dont hit anyone then when the attack is over you would be in a sort of daze for about 7 sec.

And the character selection would be completely different allowing for more space. Instead of showing the characters names on their character box it would just show them and you would just see their name in your character window but when you move your token over a character box it enlarges and then the name appears but only while a token is over it.

I would also take out all the crap modes like stickers, masterpieces, coin launcher, chronicle, rotation, and all the rest of the crap no one cares about. This would make room for a better adventure mode, better stage builder and more characters and stages. They could even decrease the amount of trophies for all I care.

Then I would remove random tripping, probably the gayest thing to ever be in smash, but I would keep tripping by attack. The speed of the game would be about in between melee and brawl and you wouldent be able to dodge freakin 2 seconds after youve been hit. And attacks and throws wouldent send you so far like in brawl which would allow for combos. I would keep footstooling, put shield grabbing as it was in melee and take off grabbing the edge backwards. And I would add some form of wavedashing in the game but would make it different then melee's version. I would for sure take out the floatiness of brawl but take the speed of melee down a notch. This would almost make it a perfect game.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I want Mewtwo for what he really is. I want a Fire Blasting, Lightning Blasting, Mind CleaningMewtwo that can octoople jump. And has a super jump like pit. And has reflect and light screen. I want Mewtwo. Not something that looks like him.:laugh:
you, my friend WIN! but aside from those he should also have Psybeam as his B Move, as well as more heavyness, other than that he good

smashthebirdy

Smash Cadet
Cool thing smash could have in the next game

I think it would be really cool if Smash 4 had macro support for the next game.
Because then it would be way easy to focus on a certain skill. For example if you wanted to practice spiking you could make a macro that would jumping of the stage repeatedly to add varity you couldhave it jumping off in different ways. If you wanted to practice powershielding you could have it use smash attacks and then you could time your shield. Yes I know in a smash game someone won't tell you what their about to do but with a macro system practicing certain skills would be much easier instead of waiting for a friend who is able and willing to do something over and over again you could just use a macro. Something like this would really help the training mode the AI has problems acting human but since i we are all humans we could control the macros and make them do things we know humans would do. I know this would probably never happen but its nice to dream.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
ducky285 said:
- Useful taunts (a la Third Strike)
Like...powering up Gill by taunting? I don't know...it might just end up giving people one less reason to camp.

Chris Lionheart said:
Eliwood with Durandal (the giant dragonslaying sword of FE7) as an alternate outfit for Ike.

A laguz from FE:poR or FE:RD to join the fray.
There are tons of FE characters. Probably more than in any other Nintendo franchise (exceptig maybe Pokemon). As a general rule, only main characters/villains are going to be put in a game like Smash. Tibarn is quite awesome, but he's not a particularly iconic figure in the FE universe.

Also, it's unlikely we'll be seeing any characters from FE7. The game bombed in Japan, and there will be more recent Fire Emblem games to pull characters from. Obviously Marth will be back, and unless another new console installment is released, I'd expect to see Ike come back as well. A third FE slot should ideally be filled by a villain.

Masterplum said:
I think they really need to improve wifi. they should give you the option to play ranked or unranked matches so that the people who want to compete on a leader board can. Then you would have more options as to what kind of match you want to have like 1v1, 2v2 team, free 4 all etc. You would be able to send pre set messages on the character select screen, stage select, and practice arena. And by the way, a % for sandbag would be shown and you would be able to grab it. you would be able to input a message by pressing R which would take you to a keyboard and you can look at all the messages by holding L and scrolling with the stick. The messages would be things like yes,no,no items?, stock?, time, and any number to specify. For the leaderboards: there would be a leaderboard for every kind of player. There would be a total of 6: 1v1, 1v1 items, 2v2, 2v2 items, free for all, free for all items, that way everybody can compete in their favorite area. And when you find a match in ranked or unranked it would show their name (up to 12 letters long) and their nickname in their character window. Nintendo could just find a way to take off anything offensive like animal crossing ds did. And if you are playing in a ranked match, it would tell you their rank and you can choose to continue with the fight or not, and if you quit mid-match you lose and they win. oh and wiispeak would work too for friend matches only. And the friends list would be like that of mario strikers charged where there are multiple wifi accounts which means way more friends space. And they would let you watch your friends matches while they are going on and let you record them. And matches would be able to be recorded no matter the length but obviously there would still be a total limit.
First, some advice: separate your ideas into different paragraphs: it really helps.

Anyway, ranked/unranked matches would be awesome, but might be a bit complicated for an online mode in a 1st-party Nintendo game. Also Sakurai doesn't like competition, so...

And WiiSpeak should be implemented across the board in SSB4's online modes. If, during a With Anyone match, a specific player is being annoying/offensive, you can hold in Start/Pause to call up a list of players in the match, each assigned to one of the face buttons--just press one of them to mute/unmute said player.

EDIT - smashthebirdy, you are correct. That's a great idea.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Mendez > In Third Strike, every character gained a special benefit from taunting. Example is Ken, whose taunt increases stun bar recovery and increases the damage caused by his next combo. Something similar could be implemented in Smash.

For example, Mario could taunt and increase the knockback of his next smash attack. The effect works once and is spent whether the attack hits, whiffs or gets shielded. You could even add a particle effect or something to the attack. Since taunts can't be canceled, you could take the risk of getting hit to gain an edge.

Of course, like 3S, if you get hit during the taunt, you don't get the taunt bonus. It must be uninterrupted.

On a related note, I found it REALLY easy to beat Gill as Q by taunting like 4 or 5 times. It raises Q's already stellar defense per taunt for the rest of that round, making Gill's attacks feel like little kid punches. Most taunts in 3S can be completed after knocking down an opponent so I spammed the taunts every time Gill hit the floor. Hilarious.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think it would be really cool if Smash 4 had macro support for the next game.
Because then it would be way easy to focus on a certain skill. For example if you wanted to practice spiking you good make a macro that would jumping of the stage repeatedly to add varity you good have it jumping off in different ways. If you wanted to practice powershielding you could have it use smash attacks and then you could time your shield. Yes I know in a smash game someone won't tell you want their about to do but with a macro system practicing certain skills would be much easier instead of waiting for a friend how is able and willing to do something over and over again you could just use a macro. Something like this would really help the training mode the AI has problems acting human but since i we are all humans we could control the macros and make them do things we know humans would do. I know this would probably never happen but its nice to dream.
hmm.. I approve of this, this would definetly be something useful, especially for certain hard to master techniques which sometimes are a pain in the butt to do and are frustrating, so yea good idea

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@ Chief Mendez

I don't really see how adding Eliwood as an alternate outfit to Ike would hurt anything seeing as it would be a perfect fit if you gave Eliwood the Durandal.

And Tibarn is actually quite iconic to the two newest games. He's probably the most well known laguz to human players because of his crucial role both during and at the end of the story. Even at the end of the story he takes on a huge role by becoming the king of the united bird tribes.

Besides its about time we got a flying unit (no Pit doesn't count).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mendez > In Third Strike, every character gained a special benefit from taunting. Example is Ken, whose taunt increases stun bar recovery and increases the damage caused by his next combo. Something similar could be implemented in Smash.

For example, Mario could taunt and increase the knockback of his next smash attack. The effect works once and is spent whether the attack hits, whiffs or gets shielded. You could even add a particle effect or something to the attack. Since taunts can't be canceled, you could take the risk of getting hit to gain an edge.

Of course, like 3S, if you get hit during the taunt, you don't get the taunt bonus. It must be uninterrupted.

On a related note, I found it REALLY easy to beat Gill as Q by taunting like 4 or 5 times. It raises Q's already stellar defense per taunt for the rest of that round, making Gill's attacks feel like little kid punches. Most taunts in 3S can be completed after knocking down an opponent so I spammed the taunts every time Gill hit the floor. Hilarious.
Yeah, I just wanted to clarify what you meant by "Useful taunts".

Everyone's easy to beat as Q for that specific reason. I absolutely hate it when my friends pull crap like that. So anyway, I just don't want to see something like that happen in Smash. Something as innocuous as "taunt to increase range on next attack" could completely break edge-guarding.

Also, the drawback of the effect not being activated if the taunt is interrupted doesn't really apply in alot of Smash Bros. matches, due to the size of some of the levels. Like I said: campers. It's fine in SF, since it's a small, flat plane...but imagine if Snake could power up his Nikitas by ducking under his box first...:ohwell:

Chris Lionheart said:
]I don't really see how adding Eliwood as an alternate outfit to Ike would hurt anything seeing as it would be a perfect fit if you gave Eliwood the Durandal.
Okay, I admit I totally glossed over the suggestion of Eliwood being a skin, specifically. Totally my mistake. But, that doesn't really change my opinion.

Well, Ike and Eliwood look nothing alike. They'd have to make a separate build for Eliwood--he's smaller, and he definitely wouldn't carry himself as Ike does in Smash. I just don't think it'd be worth the trouble, especially not for a really...quite generic and uninspired Lord like Eliwood.

And Tibarn is actually quite iconic to the two newest games. He's probably the most well known laguz to human players because of his crucial role both during and at the end of the story. Even at the end of the story he takes on a huge role by becoming the king of the united bird tribes.
He's not on the cover of either game, nor is he ever really a big part of the party. Yes, he's a fairly large plot point, but so are Elincia, Sephiran, and Dheginsea. Anyway, point is: he won't be as important as the main characters of the FE12.

Besides its about time we got a flying unit (no Pit doesn't count).
You mean a constantly flying character? Uh...I really don't think that would work, but...well, just explain what you mean by this, please.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
He's not on the cover of either game, nor is he ever really a big part of the party. Yes, he's a fairly large plot point, but so are Elincia, Sephiran, and Dheginsea. Anyway, point is: he won't be as important as the main characters of the FE12.
hmm...so, you think that Sothe and Micaiah have a chance. I think Micaiah has a decent chance, she has potential to be a projectile spammer. They could just give her some physical attacks. Then again, now she sounds like a different version of Zelda; but as long as the attacks would be different who cares? That would be the first female FE character playable (unless you count Marth lol jk), but Lyn might take that spot, too. Sothe would be a good character in SSB4, but the fact that he uses knives pretty much crosses him out. It's a shame, he would be one of the fastest characters in the game; and his attacks would be so graceful and elegant, too, kinda like Zhang He *Beauty! Come to me!* or *Beauty...never lasts...forever* anybody got that joke?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Yeah, I just wanted to clarify what you meant by "Useful taunts".

Everyone's easy to beat as Q for that specific reason. I absolutely hate it when my friends pull crap like that. So anyway, I just don't want to see something like that happen in Smash. Something as innocuous as "taunt to increase range on next attack" could completely break edge-guarding.

Also, the drawback of the effect not being activated if the taunt is interrupted doesn't really apply in alot of Smash Bros. matches, due to the size of some of the levels. Like I said: campers. It's fine in SF, since it's a small, flat plane...but imagine if Snake could power up his Nikitas by ducking under his box first...:ohwell:

Okay, I admit I totally glossed over the suggestion of Eliwood being a skin, specifically. Totally my mistake. But, that doesn't really change my opinion.

Well, Ike and Eliwood look nothing alike. They'd have to make a separate build for Eliwood--he's smaller, and he definitely wouldn't carry himself as Ike does in Smash. I just don't think it'd be worth the trouble, especially not for a really...quite generic and uninspired Lord like Eliwood.

You mean a constantly flying character? Uh...I really don't think that would work, but...well, just explain what you mean by this, please.
I meant more like floating (like Mewtwo) in human form and a flyer (not completely broken) in hawk form (which is only maintainable about 50% of the time.)

And where did FE12 come from... last time I checked there are only 10 with no definite news to an 11th being made.... FE:RD really bombed with the casuals... so its really an if.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Omg, I remember in melee online sites would sometimes say you could earn a char named "Butthole Bob" And it was by Krewl brawl or w.e xD Which is like impossible, very hard at the least, so funny. I cant even remember what the thing is called. -_- Graphics in melee sucked, just had to say that..

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...is Sakurai going to tell us about a fourth installment on the Brawl Dojo site? Is that what he meant about the check there for more announcements (besides Snapshot Galore #3)?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I meant more like floating (like Mewtwo) in human form and a flyer (not completely broken) in hawk form (which is only maintainable about 50% of the time.)

And where did FE12 come from... last time I checked there are only 10 with no definite news to an 11th being made.... FE:RD really bombed with the casuals... so its really an if.
FE 11 is the DS remake of the first game, and "Fire Emblem 12" is the theoretical next game after that, probably on a console.

And...that still sounds broken. If 50% of the time, Tibarn doesn't have to worry about falling off the stage, that is.

MarthFanatique said:
hmm...so, you think that Sothe and Micaiah have a chance. I think Micaiah has a decent chance, she has potential to be a projectile spammer. They could just give her some physical attacks. Then again, now she sounds like a different version of Zelda; but as long as the attacks would be different who cares? That would be the first female FE character playable (unless you count Marth lol jk), but Lyn might take that spot, too. Sothe would be a good character in SSB4, but the fact that he uses knives pretty much crosses him out. It's a shame, he would be one of the fastest characters in the game; and his attacks would be so graceful and elegant, too, kinda like Zhang He *Beauty! Come to me!* or *Beauty...never lasts...forever* anybody got that joke?
I do not think either of those characters have at all decent chances. They're technically main characters, but Ike's already in the game, which takes some of the wind from their sails. If Ike and Marth return, and a villain is added, then I think that'd be fine for FE reps.

Besides, neither of those characters are particularly cool, nor does either very well personify "Fire Emblem".

Why would using knives automatically shut him out?

As for Zhang He...he's not...he's not from Dynasty Warriors, is he? :urg:

Hmm...is Sakurai going to tell us about a fourth installment on the Brawl Dojo site? Is that what he meant about the check there for more announcements (besides Snapshot Galore #3)?
It's possible. As far as I know, the dojo is down for good, but the domain might be revisited when SSB4 is unveiled. But that's almost certainly not where we'd hear about it first.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sothe and Micaiah would make a great Nana and Popo style or Zelda Sheik style team, because of their relationship which is heavily emphasized in Radiant Dawn.

And Micaiah would not be Zelda if she isn't half ***ed. Between her light magic, future sight, healing touch, pet bird Yune, and being the host of the Goddess Yune... she would be an extremely unique character.

If Sothe and Micaiah are Nana and Popo style...
Micaiah's healing touch could heal Sothe.

If they are Zelda/Sheik style...
you get the idea.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Sothe and Micaiah would make a great Nana and Popo style or Zelda Sheik style team, because of their relationship which is heavily emphasized in Radiant Dawn.

And Micaiah would not be Zelda if she isn't half ***ed. Between her light magic, future sight, healing touch, pet bird Yune, and being the host of the Goddess Yune... she would be an extremely unique character.

If Sothe and Micaiah are Nana and Popo style...
Micaiah's healing touch could heal Sothe.

If they are Zelda/Sheik style...
you get the idea.
I was actually think about Micaiah in Brawl, but having Sacrifice as an ability would be sort of useless for anything but Team Battles, and I didn't want a Team Battle exclusive ability. This would actually make it work and it sounds like it would be fun. Plus she has some original light magic abilities that would be good moves, but they would be harder to land. (Just like how using a worse move in FE would be more likely to hit.) However, wouldn't Sothe and Micaiah together be sort of over powered?

I'd like to see them in Smash, but I'm thinking some new FE game character will be in instead. I'm suprised Micaiah didn't even get a trophy too.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Hey I would have loved Micaiah in Brawl. She's a lord who doesn't use a sword like most of them do. They could have added Ephraim but I'd like Micaiah better because she's female and very different, more different than the difference between a spear user and a sword user. Besides a spear might be broken because he'd just stab you and you can't get close to him.

A lot of people wanted Micaiah. She'd just be really really light and easy to KO but powerful and use a lot of magic. I'd hope she wouldn't be a projectile spammer, but rather her attacks are just long range. Those boots of hers would probably do a lot of damage too.

For Sacrifice I know this sounds wierd but maybe they could make something up, like how Ness got Poo's PK Starstorm and Paula's B moves, they could make some wierd story that Micaiah learned instead of giving her health to people, she should be able to steal health from an enemy as a B move. Maybe in team battles, the health stolen would be divided in half and the other half given to your partner, but both of you wouldn't recieve too much. In single, she gains 100% of it. I don't think it'd be a broken move because Ike's f-smash would probably KO Micaiah at like 50% or something.

I'd like Micaiah to be by herself, not teamed up with Sothe though. Sothe could be an assist trophy where he runs at you and flips backwards and kicks you (no knife) but then you'd have too many FE related assist trophies. I'd also like to see Sheeda or Elincia as a pegasus knight who flies around you hitting you. Or if they really wanted to, Roy should be an assist trophy where he lights his sword on fire then blows up the whole screen causing instant KO on everyone.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Micaiah and Sothe don't really scream "team" to me. The only paired characters that really make sense besides Ice Climbers are Plusle & Minun (which I'm now almost certain we'll see) and Diddy and Dixie, but thankfully that won't ever happen, as Diddy's just fine as a standalone character.

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
Mario Series:

Mario (give him Doc's Stats, and put Doc as an alt costume too)
Luigi
Peach (with a REAL Daisy costume)
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Zelda Series:

Link/Wolf Link (Replace Arrows and Bombs with Bomb Arrows, and make Down B a transformation)
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (decloned)
Toon Link (decloned)
Masks Link (switches in this order: Deku, Goron, Zora, and Fierce Deity as FS)

Pokemon Series:

Pikachu (Pichu and Raichu as alternate costumes)
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (with Totodile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion)
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kirby Series:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

DK Series:

Donkey Kong (Funky as alt costume)
Diddy (Dixie as alt costume)
King K. Rool

Star Fox Series:

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Leon/Krystal (Leon is more popular in Japan, but Krystal would be unique)

Metroid Series:

Samus/ZSS (Dark Samus as a costume)
Ridley

F-Zero Series:

Captain Falcon (the REAL Captain Falcon, not Rick Wheeler)
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow (Ganondorf's old moves)

Fire Emblem Series:

Marth
Ike
Hector
Lyn

Mother Series:

Ness
Lucas
Claus

Pikmin Series:

Olimar (Louie as a costume)

Retro:

Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Pit
Balloon Fighter
Sukapon

Other:

Stafy
Captain Rainbow

Third Party:

Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'd really like if there is a new SSE story, if it will be long like RPG style like (20+ hours), the main character should not be Mario or Kirby or whoever. It should be YOU. At the beginning of the SSE, you have to create a Mii character and you go around and that is your main character and you are involved with much of the story. I think that'd be a good and innovative idea to have your Mii as the main character in the SSE story don't you think?

Ilex

Smash Ace
What is with the Sukapon craze? Lil Mac, Ballon Fighter, and Bubbles all have more meaningful contributions. And Sukapon is actually from a fighting game so I don't think he would have a very creative moveset :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
What is with the Sukapon craze? Lil Mac, Ballon Fighter, and Bubbles all have more meaningful contributions. And Sukapon is actually from a fighting game so I don't think he would have a very creative moveset :/
Yeah, I ****ing hate Sukapon. To answer your question - pure bandwagonism.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Really? I quite like the character.

Ilex said:
Sukapon is actually from a fighting game so I don't think he would have a very creative moveset :/
...Seriously? People complain when a character gets original moves because the designers didn't just copy and paste the moves they do in their own games. Now you're against a character because his moveset would so totally be a copy of what he already has?

Ridiculous. And have you actually played Joy Mech Fight? Skapon doesn't really have that many signature moves...only his Roll and Headbutt really stick out in my mind.

I think you're crazy. You've confused me so much.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Little Mac in a fighting game too?

D

Deleted member

Screw Micaiah, I want the Black Knight in SSB4. IMO, we need a non lord character and a new villain and the black knight fits both descriptions. Micaiah could be a back up if he doesn't make it though.

D

Deleted member

Hmmm.........looks like its the new "Ridley is too big" Discussion. Everybody prepare urselves!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Screw Micaiah, I want the Black Knight in SSB4. IMO, we need a non lord character and a new villain and the black knight fits both descriptions. Micaiah could be a back up if he doesn't make it though.
He's literally invincible though.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Mewtwo is the strongest pokemon, what happened to him in melee then?? BK could fit in. Though I really would rather have Micaiah. She seems to fit in more.

BK= Bowser king

Darkurai

Smash Master
Mewtwo is the strongest pokemon, what happened to him in melee then?? BK could fit in. Though I really would rather have Micaiah. She seems to fit in more.

BK= Bowser king
I don't know. Part of the Black Knight's badassedry was that he was quite literally invincible, and he would just cut down everything in front of him without taking a scratch. Seeing him weakened for Smash....I don't know...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I know where your coming from. I wouldn'y want him in. Though I think seeing him weakened down would be a trade off for the ability to really play as him. He could even be like samus/ZSS combo where he transforms into......you know who.

I hated seeing mewtwo get weakened down in melee (I even made him my secondary). Though having the ability to play as him was really fun. Seeing him not make brawl was even worse then him sucking though. They could have made him so good.....

Darkurai

Smash Master
I know where your coming from. I wouldn'y want him in. Though I think seeing him weakened down would be a trade off for the ability to really play as him. He could even be like samus/ZSS combo where he transforms into......you know who.
You mean
Zelgius
? I don't know. That all depends on when Smash 4 would come out. At the moment, Radiant Dawn is still too new to include such an immense spoiler.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I think there are too many things people want from FE right now, I don't think we'll get it all in one character. People want

* a girl
* a villain
* a non-sword user
* someone whose hair is not blue

As far as I'm aware, there's not really a standout choice that covers all that. Personally, I'd settle for anyone who doesn't use a sword.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There are FE characters that could theoretically fill out all four of those quotas, but none of them are really important. I guess the final boss of RD would be the one with the most significance?

If you just ignore the villain part though, Micaiah works perfectly. =/

EDIT: Oh, and the Black Knight just wouldn't work really. He's a slower and stronger version of Ike...think that through for a second. He'd also pretty much have to be a clone since hes trained by the same man as Ike was, and has virtually the same weapon. Additionally, even if you made Ike lighter and weaker to make a difference clearer, BK has more competition in the form of people wanting Ganondorf to have a sword.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Why would using knives automatically shut him out?

As for Zhang He...he's not...he's not from Dynasty Warriors, is he? :urg:
Yes, Zhang He is from Dynasty Warriors. He's the guy with the gauntlet talons and everything that comes out of his mouth is either, beauty, grace, or elegance. In DW6 he has a pike thingy (disgrace!). But, it was just a joke to exemplify on a character with a cool elegant attack form, and I thought of him.

As for knives, people on Smash Boards always b*tched about Snake not having "real weapons." And when you think about it, you won't see any oozy's lying around on Final Dest. But, kunai, swords, and other like weapons are war weapons that aren't used anymore (for the most part), so perhaps knives wouldn't be a problem. idk

SirKibble

Smash Champion
There are FE characters that could theoretically fill out all four of those quotas, but none of them are really important. I guess the final boss of RD would be the one with the most significance?

Yeah, that's what I mean. There's not a real significant character that meets all those requirements. The more I think about it, I think Micaiah's the best choice we have for a FE character who's something new.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Oh, and the Black Knight just wouldn't work really. He's a slower and stronger version of Ike...think that through for a second. He'd also pretty much have to be a clone since hes trained by the same man as Ike was, and has virtually the same weapon. Additionally, even if you made Ike lighter and weaker to make a difference clearer, BK has more competition in the form of people wanting Ganondorf to have a sword.
Thats not true. Black Knight wouldn't do Aether. Check out how the black knight moves compared to Ike.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujChlKHqaZw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DZRILUDgcHA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Black Knight can't be in SSB4. People already think Ike's too slow. Black Knight would be like a 1HKO kind of deal. His speed (bot running and attack) would also make him a snail. Black Knight's size is gargantuan. One of the big reasons Ridley wasn't in Brawl was because of his huge size. And don't use the, "Oh yeah! Bowser is huge and many times larger than Mario in some games!" Bowser's size fluctuates throughouts the series: one day he's 100 ft. tall, the next he's only 2 or 3 Marios high. Micaiah appears to be more viable, but who knows? If the whole "Assist Trophies in Brawl=new characters in SSB4" then Lyn would take the place (unfortunately cuz of the whole blue hair and sword thing; but she couldn't be a clone). U know what: who said FE is even going to get another rep. I hope that's false, but Sakurai or whoever might think 2 is enough *da*ns Sakurai to hell*

BK could be an AT next time, couldn't he? Then he could be invincible, uber powerful, and awesome.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Black Knight can't be in SSB4. People already think Ike's too slow. Black Knight would be like a 1HKO kind of deal. His speed (bot running and attack) would also make him a snail. Black Knight's size is gargantuan. One of the big reasons Ridley wasn't in Brawl was because of his huge size. And don't use the, "Oh yeah! Bowser is huge and many times larger than Mario in some games!" Bowser's size fluctuates throughouts the series: one day he's 100 ft. tall, the next he's only 2 or 3 Marios high. Micaiah appears to be more viable, but who knows? If the whole "Assist Trophies in Brawl=new characters in SSB4" then Lyn would take the place (unfortunately cuz of the whole blue hair and sword thing; but she couldn't be a clone). U know what: who said FE is even going to get another rep. I hope that's false, but Sakurai or whoever might think 2 is enough *****s him to hell*
Yeah... I agree... unfortunately. Fire Emblem as a series is highly underestimated especially by the casuals. Hell, I had to go to 6 stores just to find Radiant Dawn (Walmart, K-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, and then I finally found the Gamestop, which barely kept any copies in stock.) I'm really not looking forward to the search for FE7. X_X

But I still stand by Sothe and Micaiah being a team character. Micaiah could handle the specials, Sothe could be the lead character and handle the majority of the A attacks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding the Black Knight, it seems like if he was a fighter, his Final Smash would only be a copy of Marth's Critical Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom