• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
When it comes to FE characters, the one I want to see in above all others as the next addition is Celice from Seisen no Keifu. He's the only Lord who is on par with PoR Ike in the FE games and he's just kickass. Yes, he uses a sword, but most people here completely and utterly exaggerate the amount of sword users in the game. One or two more really wouldn't hurt.

D

Deleted member

Regarding the Black Knight, it seems like if he was a fighter, his Final Smash would only be a copy of Marth's Critical Hit.
As th e only Black Knight supporter, i disagree. Black knight's not fast, and he already has a different potential final smash attack in RD called Eclipse.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
What about a spear using Palidan/Silver Knight?

Characters like Seth and Geoffery have been pretty important in their games.

A mount could work like the Wario Bike. Press Side B to jump on it and then control it. You could jump off it to help in recovery (though a horse can't be pulled out in the air.)

Differences from Wario Bike:
Slower speed.
Poor traction on ice.
Not effected by ramps.
Easily maneuverable in a fight.
Character isn't easy to knock off.
Horse appears behind the field (like Poke'mon Trainer) when not in use.
Can't be pulled out in mid-air.
Horse can't be killed or eaten (lol) but can be knocked off the stage when the character is riding them. The horse respawns if it falls off the stage.

This fits the role of a non-sword using character and possibly someone whose hair is not blue.

Petrine would fit all the requirements (but who the **** likes her?)
Titania would fit most of the requirements (but Smash characters are supposed to help advertise their series not bring it down. Seriously.... Titania is not hot.)

Another possibility would be Ephraim (can't represent females or villians) and/or Eirika (can't represent non-swords or villains) seeing as how they become mounted units.

UberBen56

Smash Rookie
I didn't take the time to read this thread fully so I hope this hasn't been mentioned before: Your Mii as a playable character. Also, a BALANCED moveset customizer (that means you couldn't have too many quick yet powerful moves).

smashthebirdy

Smash Cadet
something cool

This isnt really about smash4 but If you've ever tried to emulate a 64 you probably know the best one is project64. But theirs this alternative emulator that actually enables games to be played online. I think it would be awesome if someone could make a homebrew emulator using twilight princess hack. It would just be for brawl or a short list of games. I don't know how 64k works but i guess it would probably work like that some how the game application would trick the game into thinking the other players where connected to the console.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Really? I quite like the character.

...Seriously? People complain when a character gets original moves because the designers didn't just copy and paste the moves they do in their own games. Now you're against a character because his moveset would so totally be a copy of what he already has?

Ridiculous. And have you actually played Joy Mech Fight? Skapon doesn't really have that many signature moves...only his Roll and Headbutt really stick out in my mind.

I think you're crazy. You've confused me so much.
I don't care whether the character's moveset is from their game or not, as long as it's good and not bland like Marth's moveset. I haven't played the game and probably only a handful of people even know who the hell he is. 'Ice climbers were unknown blablabla' at least they were actually recognizable NES characters. If he has no good moves then why would he be implemented into SSB4?
Spire III said:
Yeah, I ****ing hate Sukapon. To answer your question - pure bandwagonism.
Exactly. Someone mentions a character and even though no one knows who the hell he is they suddenly want him in the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As th e only Black Knight supporter, i disagree. Black knight's not fast, and he already has a different potential final smash attack in RD called Eclipse.
I'm pretty aware that the Black Knight would be very slow with that heavy armor, but he doesn't have to be fast to be deadly.

The big difference between Marth's and the Black Knight's Final Smashes would be that the Black Knight can't attack from a long distance, while Marth can.

For the Black Knight's Final Smash to work, he MUST be real close to his opponent. Therefore it's useless if the Black Knight can't get close to his opponent. Of course, it can 1-hit KO anyone if it hits.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
I don't care whether the character's moveset is from their game or not, as long as it's good and not bland like Marth's moveset. I haven't played the game and probably only a handful of people even know who the hell he is. 'Ice climbers were unknown blablabla' at least they were actually recognizable NES characters. If he has no good moves then why would he be implemented into SSB4?
Exactly. Someone mentions a character and even though no one knows who the hell he is they suddenly want him in the game.
dude nobody knew where marth came from....people would reconize black knight (if not just look him up on the god tier)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Marth's moveset is bland? Never heard that before. Looks to me like he has potentially the most graceful moveset in the game. And some of his attacks (especially Dair) produce interesting visuals.

And when an unknown character is added to Smash Bros.... it's to advertise.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Marth's moveset is bland? Never heard that before. Looks to me like he has potentially the most graceful moveset in the game. And some of his attacks (especially Dair) produce interesting visuals.

And when an unknown character is added to Smash Bros.... it's to advertise.
Well, Marth's moveset is nothing but sword swings. The same goes for Ike and Meta Knight to an extant.

Although, this shows that characters like Little Mac can have a moveset consisting of nothing but punches and few kicks.

Ilex

Smash Ace
A: Hit with sword
AA: Hit with sword
AAA: Hit with sword
FTilt: Hit with sword
UTilt: Hit with sword
DTilt: Hit with sword
FSmash: Hit with sword
UpSmash: Hit with sword
DSmash: Hit with sword
Special: Hit with sword
FSpecial: Hit with sword
UpSpecial: Hit with sword
DownSpecial: Hit with sword
Nair: Hit with sword
Fair: Hit with sword
Bair: Hit with sword
Uair: Hit with sword
Dair: Hit with sword
Final Smash: Hit with sword
Pummel: Knee (Most original of Marth's moves imo)

A cardboard box could've been given a better moveset than that.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
A: Hit with sword
AA: Hit with sword
AAA: Hit with sword
FTilt: Hit with sword
UTilt: Hit with sword
DTilt: Hit with sword
FSmash: Hit with sword
UpSmash: Hit with sword
DSmash: Hit with sword
Special: Hit with sword
FSpecial: Hit with sword
UpSpecial: Hit with sword
DownSpecial: Hit with sword
Nair: Hit with sword
Fair: Hit with sword
Bair: Hit with sword
Uair: Hit with sword
Dair: Hit with sword
Final Smash: Hit with sword
Pummel: Knee (Most original of Marth's moves imo)

A cardboard box could've been given a better moveset than that.
Thats an oversimplification... no 2 sword swings look the same and all of them produce different effect. Plus some of them are stabs.. not slashes.

If your weapon is a sword... you aren't going to be doing much other than using that sword and defending yourself. Its common sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thats an oversimplification... no 2 sword swings look the same and all of them produce different effect. Plus some of them are stabs.. not slashes.

If your weapon is a sword... you aren't going to be doing much other than using that sword and defending yourself. Its common sense.
Link is also a sword user but at least he does something else like kicking. I think Marth could throw in one of those.

Ilex

Smash Ace

The fact that all he does is swing or stab his sword is exactly why his moveset is bland. Even Olimar, who uses only his Pikmin for the most part has moves that are completely unique from one another.

Mewter

Smash Master
Neutral B: "Box of Awesome" -- The box emits awesomeness. All opponents within 3 Smart Bomb radii receive 100% damage.

Side B: "Why Yes, I Am Top Tier, Fool" -- All opponents with at least 1% damage lose one stock.

Up B: "The Name's Box... Snake's Box..." -- The box returns to the center of the stage, and all opponents becomes paralyzed for the next 30 seconds.

Down B: "Boxness Overwhelming" -- Box becomes invincible for the rest of the game. He can then move around, and anyone he touches receives a blow similar to Marth's Critical Hit.

Final Smash: "All Your Stock Are Belong to Box" -- Box takes 5 stock from each of his opponents, and adds them to his own stock.

PS: These stock-based moves always work, because the first thing Box does when you unlock him (which is nearly impossible) is to destroy the Time and Coin options.
You my friend...
EPIC WIN :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Marth's moveset may be bland, but it sure as hell works. Also, like Lionheart says, it's a very graceful moveset and that, for me, completely overrides any signs of blandness.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Marth's moveset may be bland, but it sure as hell works. Also, like Lionheart says, it's a very graceful moveset and that, for me, completely overrides any signs of blandness.
I think you guys have undermined the purpose of the SSB4 thread... if you're going to argue about Marth's moveset, go to a Marth thread. Other people (like me) want to talk about
SSB4.

Anyways, Ridley and The Masked Man for SSB4!

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I think you guys have undermined the purpose of the SSB4 thread... if you're going to argue about Marth's moveset, go to a Marth thread. Other people (like me) want to talk about
SSB4.

Anyways, Ridley and The Masked Man for SSB4!
What's a topic without some off-topic posts? :p

Anyways the only person I ever cared about getting into SSB4 (As a playable) is Isaac.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I think Ridley would work, just make him look like he did in the Melee intro movie, and make his tail not a hitbox. Now that gets rid of the problems. I don't really know much about Claus, so I can't give an opinion on it.

What do you people think of Toad as a character?

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I think Ridley would work, just make him look like he did in the Melee intro movie, and make his tail not a hitbox. Now that gets rid of the problems. I don't really know much about Claus, so I can't give an opinion on it.

What do you people think of Toad as a character?
This is where the Ridley clause that I have previously stated doesn't fully work. If they made SSB4 with Ridley's size like that of the Melee intro, I think (think) that it could be possible. The only thing is this: he has wings so he's going to have some sort of muti-jump (probably 3-5; charizard has 3, pit has 4 just to give u an idea). More so, Ridley is uber fast and uber powerful, AND uber recovery, AND uber heavy (too many doughnuts lol). You can have 2 (maybe 3) of these ,but not four. Ridley would have to be nerfed to be in. And then precious fans would say, "Ridley's crap! Wahhh!"

It seems that the most wanted characters for SSB4 are Krystal (Star Fox), Bowser Jr.* (Mario), Roy (FE), Mewtwo (Pokémon), King K. Rool (DK), Dixie Kong (DK), Waluigi (Mario), Issac (GS), Leon (Star Fox), Toad (Mario), and some others. For 3rd party members I see it as this: IF Nintendo decides to still ONLY inlude Sonic and Snake reps., they'll include Shadow and Grey Fox. However, if Nintendo chooses to include one more 3rd party in SSB4 it'll be Mega Man (w/o a doubt *Whoot whoot*)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
gsninja said:
When it comes to FE characters, the one I want to see in above all others as the next addition is Celice from Seisen no Keifu. He's the only Lord who is on par with PoR Ike in the FE games and he's just kickass. Yes, he uses a sword, but most people here completely and utterly exaggerate the amount of sword users in the game. One or two more really wouldn't hurt.
I have to say, I am completely dumbstruck by this. You actually think that Celice is anything like Ike? He's just Marth with dangly sideburns and poofy hair. His outfit's even got the same color scheme.

If anything, Sigurd fits the Ike-image the most. Plus he could use a lance.

I agree about the sword thing though. Especially when you consider that so many characters use them--it's traditional, or something.

gsninja

Chris Lionheart said:
A mount could work like the Wario Bike. Press Side B to jump on it and then control it. You could jump off it to help in recovery (though a horse can't be pulled out in the air.)

Another possibility would be Ephraim (can't represent females or villians) and/or Eirika (can't represent non-swords or villains) seeing as how they become mounted units.
If there were to be a mounted unit, it should totally be Mach Rider. I had a totally awesome moveset all done up for him back in the day...

And FE8 was terrible. They should never put anything from the game in any Smash Bros., ever. Except stickers.

Chris Lionheart

UberBen56 said:
I didn't take the time to read this thread fully so I hope this hasn't been mentioned before: Your Mii as a playable character.
It would take the better part of a month to read this entire thread. DOn't fell bad about that.

Miis might be an okay idea, but I think everyone's sort of on the fence about it right now. Also, Wii2 might not even have Miis.

UberBen56

Ilex said:
If he has no good moves then why would he be implemented into SSB4?
Because Joy Mech Fight is a really good NES game. And Sukapon's a really obscure character, which would fit the "WTF" charracter slot, a la Ness, G&W, and R.O.B.

But really, I think there are better characters for that slot anyway. I do like Sukapon, but I don't think he's be a better choice than Takamaru, Little Mac, Mach Rider, or Lip. I just don't like the idea that alotof people are just following a trend by saying "Suapon for Smash". Maybe some of them are, but...that's not an excuse to hate on ol' Skapon.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Miis might be an okay idea, but I think everyone's sort of on the fence about it right now. Also, Wii2 might not even have Miis.
I'm gonna guess it'll have either Miis or something equivalent. Miis have scored enough success, letting players play as "themselves" in so many games, I wouldn't think Nintendo would be likely to toss that out the window.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna guess it'll have either Miis or something equivalent. Miis have scored enough success, letting players play as "themselves" in so many games, I wouldn't think Nintendo would be likely to toss that out the window.
who even said that SSB4 is going to be on the Wii? I would cry out for joy if it was (meaning less waiting time). But I believe it's going to be on the next Nintendo console. *tear*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
who even said that SSB4 is going to be on the Wii? I would cry out for joy if it was (meaning less waiting time). But I believe it's going to be on the next Nintendo console. *tear*
I was talking about the next console. I doubt Nintendo would get rid of something that's been as successful and popular as Miis. At the least, they'll still have something like them.

mewi

Smash Rookie
Female characters? I think it's pretty obvious that female characters are severely lacking in Smash Bros... The name also bothers me a bit lol The game should of started as "Super Smash" Not as catchy but I'm sure it would not of effected the popularity of the game D: Just a random complaint sorry XD

Either way YEAH FEMALE CHARACTERS PLEASE x3 how about some megaman? Get Roll in there too... How about FireEmblem female characters? Even final fantasy could fit into the game I suppose? Zelda Series Female characters? Amy and Cream from Sonic?

Honestly you can fit so many characters in the game, which leads to this suggestion

Character Selection is a Quad Split Screen ( if the game still cant handle 8+ players ) Either way this selection screen will allow you to load your profile, the profile can be customized so that your selected favorite characters will automatically show up on the right scroll list, I'm guessing you can fit 4-5 character icons and on the left of course is your main character card. This will also prevent the obvious character selection limitation space that smash bros brawl/melee/64 has.

Bring back old Smash Bros characters? SAVE ALL no one wants to lose their beloved favorite character! But in the end... it seems like only the Japanese would have a true say in the development of the game lol.

EDIT: OMG I ALMosT FORGOT THE MOST THING I WANTED... AND THAT IS..... MAKE THE GAME FASTER, MAYBE FASTER THAN MELEE? Load times are DEATH game speed is DEATH... If they want to make the game 'slower for the newies' they should have a game speed setting :|

and... no more.. NO MORE Marth look alikes... from fire emblem...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can someone explain to me how Leon has gotten this much support? More importantly, is it even true that he's popular enough in Japan to get in Brawl?

mewi

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain to me how Leon has gotten this much support? More importantly, is it even true that he's popular enough in Japan to get in Brawl?
Isn't Leon that rude smug guy that I wanted to kill on the starwolf team from starfox 64?

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Ask yourself about Geno while you're at it. The fact that there are people still worshiping him after 11 years is pretty amazing. But I definitely wouldn't mind Leon. Leon has been with Wolf from the very beginning. Star Wolf lost Pigma and Andrew, and got Panther. Panther would be nice too, but Leon has a better chance. Leon is basically the Falco of Star Wolf.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ask yourself about Geno while you're at it. The fact that there are people still worshiping him after 11 years is pretty amazing. But I definitely wouldn't mind Leon. Leon has been with Wolf from the very beginning. Star Wolf lost Pigma and Andrew, and got Panther. Panther would be nice too, but Leon has a better chance. Leon is basically the Falco of Star Wolf.
Well, I think Geno is on his way to getting tenure for retro status so he might be able to get in on that.

Still, why any other Star Wolf character? The movesets have been accused of being unoriginal after Fox. We don't need to have people calling Wolf, Nega-Fox, and Leon, Nega-Falco.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Can someone explain to me how Leon has gotten this much support?
There are alot of stupid people on the internet. Many, many times more than you can even imagine.
More importantly, is it even true that he's popular enough in Japan to get in Brawl?
StarFox isn't even a popular series in Japan. The original game was made by a British guy, and so the Japanese, in all their xenophobic glory, pretty much ignored it. Which is still true today. It probably doesn't help that the series is regularly handled by English-speaking developers.

So if you hear something like that again, just ignore it. Take all the anger you feel for the poster and bottle it up deep, deep inside your mind. By the time that anger has simmered long enough to cause you to physically express it, you'll be too old to do any damage. :)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
If there were to be a mounted unit, it should totally be Mach Rider. I had a totally awesome moveset all done up for him back in the day...

And FE8 was terrible. They should never put anything from the game in any Smash Bros., ever. Except stickers.

Chris Lionheart
Ok no Fire Emblem game deserves to be called terrible... not even FE8. It may be a subpar FE but its still better than most games can hope to be.

And I didn't say that it had to be Seth... it could be Geoffery or Oscar. Frankly I would prefer it be Geoffery over Seth anyway.

And the thing with an FE mounted unit is that they can also be unique off of their mount. Give them a spear or axe and that alone is a new character experience. Give them a mount and thats just icing on the cake.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
StarFox isn't even a popular series in Japan. The original game was made by a British guy, and so the Japanese, in all their xenophobic glory, pretty much ignored it. Which is still true today. It probably doesn't help that the series is regularly handled by English-speaking developers.
The hell are you talking about? The series was started in Japan by Miyamoto and others. The only game not made in Japan was Adventures.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Well, I think Geno is on his way to getting tenure for retro status so he might be able to get in on that.

Still, why any other Star Wolf character? The movesets have been accused of being unoriginal after Fox. We don't need to have people calling Wolf, Nega-Fox, and Leon, Nega-Falco.
I personally would love to see Geno, even Mallow while we're at it. Chrono Trigger DS is coming soon, so it kinda tells me that Nintendo and Square are on friendly terms, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind lending Nintendo Geno and Mallow, since they're not even used. An SMRPG DS is even possible.

Yeah, when it comes to Star Fox characters, Krystal is on the top for me. The Star Fox bunch lack original B moves, that's the problem. Sakurai did well and switched it up for Falco, but seriously, some of Falco's moves (namely Up + B and Side + B) need to be changed. Falco's a bird, yet, why can't he fly? '_' His Side + B could be changed to something else, very easily. His FS too. As for Wolf, his A Button moveset = <3. I absolutely love it. His Blaster could be changed, and his FS. Krystal uses her spear, so a moveset and a unique B moveset wouldn't be too hard (if I had to think off my head, B = Fire Blast, Side + B = Ice Blast, Down + B = Earthquake, Up + B = Rocket Boost). But I've seen Wolf being called a Nega-Fox here and there. Wolf is an entirely different character from Fox, and it gets tiring when people call him as unoriginal as Waluigi or Daisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom