• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
well i agree with it and i think they should have costumes that look like different characters... i just dont think they will have diffrent names and chants and stuff thats all...

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
aha i didnt know who that was soo i googled it... it looks like it has potential to be a character what kind of stuff does she do? like for attacks?

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
lol... well the character i want (among others) is isaac he seems cool... ive never played golden sun but he seems like a good contender...

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
aha i didnt know who that was soo i googled it... it looks like it has potential to be a character what kind of stuff does she do? like for attacks?
You had to google it because the character is too obscure+no in ssb4
LOL!

But seriously, I've always wished that Nintendo would just buy Treasure. I know its a cupcake's chance in Kirby's eyesight, but I do want the Nintendo-exclusive Treasure characters in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From my updated Smash 4 roster, I did have views on which fighters got alternate outfits or just color swaps.

--------------------
Alternate Outfits

These outfits can have alternate colors when applied.

Mario - Dr. Mario
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Wario - WarioWare outfit (default), Plumber outfit
King K. Rool - Kaptain K. Rool
Ridley - Meta Ridley
--------------------
Color Swaps

The fighter has a color which makes him/her look a bit like someone else.

Mario - Wario
Luigi - Waluigi
Captain Falcon - Blood Falcon
Peach - Daisy
Lucas - Claus
Sonic - Shadow
--------------------

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You might as well add Silver to the list of Sonic color swaps.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
SSB4...Something like that isn't going to come out for a loooong long time....

As far as new characters go, I'd like them to try to keep in as many Brawl characters as possible, though I can't really think of any Melee characters that I'd really want back. Doc, YL, and Roy were all clones, and after all this time without Mewtwo, I don't really think he needs to come back. Lucario does basically everything he does but better in my opinion.

As for new characters....Ridley, Isaac, Miis, Paper Mario, Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, and a few others come to mind as to who I want, though its possible new characters will show up and be good candidates too. Heck, look at that Captain Rainbow guy...he seems like he may be a dead ringer for the next game. And of course if there's a new third party character, I'd want it to be Mega Man.

Another thing I would wanted a heck of a lot in Melee, Brawl, and will still want in SSB4 is a Bowser's Castle stage.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
something ive always wondered.. and i no a lot of people have mentioned it but... how can they make ridley a playable character? when it was a boss it was like three times as big as everyone else... and being that big would just be cheap... but it would be great if they could make it work somehow

D

Deleted member

Those sound cool... i like the winner going up loser going down thing.

what do u think of my roster for ssb4? *=new

MARIO
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.*
Waluigi* Shouldn't he be with the Wario team? Still i don't think he should be in.

LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda/ Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra or Vaati* Vaati for sure. Toon Zelda would suck as a newcomer
Midna* Only maybe

STARFOX
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal*

POKEMON
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
New 5th Gen. Pokemon*
Pokemon Rival or Team Rocket*

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike
Dark Knight* He's called the Black knight but wut ev
Lyn* She kinda lost her chances with her being a assist trophy

EARTHBOUND
Ness
Lucas
Masked Guy (Claus I Think)*

DONKEY KONG
DK
Diddy
Dixie*
King K. Rool*

KIRBY
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight
Knuckle Joe* I don't think Kirby series needs any new additions

YOSHI
Yoshi

WARIO
Wario
Kat and Ana*

PIKMIN
Cpt. Olimar

F-ZERO
Cpt. Falcon
Samurai Goroh*

METROID
Samus/Zero Suit
Enemy From Metroid (Dark Samus Maybe)*

OLD SCHOOL SERIES
Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr. Game and Watch

OTHER
R.O.B.

3RD PARTY
Snake
Sonic
Megaman*
Geno*

NEW SERIES
CUSTOM ROBO
Ray*

GOLDEN SUN
Isaac*
Felix *

ADVENTURES OF STAFY
Stafy* Wait.....who?
PAPER MARIO
Paper Mario*
Not bad, but i give it an 7-8

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
something ive always wondered.. and i no a lot of people have mentioned it but... how can they make ridley a playable character? when it was a boss it was like three times as big as everyone else... and being that big would just be cheap... but it would be great if they could make it work somehow
In Melee's opening cinema, Ridley was resized to be around Samus's height. Nintendo was able to resize Bowser, so I'm very sure that they can do the same with Ridley too.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
stafy is a starfish from sum japanese game he wuz an assist trophy too... i didnt no if it was stafy or starfy tho... and yea i will edit the dark knight to black knight

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm all up for this idea of tag battles, since it would give more strategies, not only that but when someone least expects a counterattack, BAM! here comes my tag partner to the rescue, I can see this working but I don't think it would be limited to switching which wouldn't be bad, but unlikely

the only reason that I thought it would be good to limit switches is that you don't just want people to run out the clock switching infinitely in a standoff. That would be a problem, but I think people like tourney directors would find a way around that to make this work. And thanks for liking my idea.:) I'm always glad to get support from Directors, :laugh:.

viparagon

Smash Ace
I would like to here the arguments for people saying that ridley should be in brawl. It was always being hoped for in brawl, and now its in virtually everyone's SSB4 list. Sakurai has stated himself in an issue of NP that Ridley would be much to big to make into a character. Pro-ridley's have argued that, bowser and dedede are in, and they have both been scaled down to compete in smash. Therefore, Ridley could be scaled down too. However, there is a major problem with ridley being included in the game: his SHAPE. Ridley is long, Way too long. To make matters worse, he has a tail about as long as his body,and it would be extremely awkward to keep it around him at all times. it would look so gay >_<
Why can't anyone except that ridley won't make it in, and go for more obvious candidates like the other hunters from Prime 1 2 and 3

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Sylux (or at least his ship) appears at the end of Prime 3.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Why don't we focus on the game at hand, and worry about SSB4 when it comes?:confused:
Because we have to start now if we want any inkling of hope that what we come up with will actually influence what we get in the game. Granted, the chance is still very small, but...

Raging-Banebou

Smash Cadet
Marina can grab projectiles and toss them back at enemies. Also, her Grab attack move could be when she shakes the opponent.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Marina can grab projectiles and toss them back at enemies. Also, her Grab attack move could be when she shakes the opponent.
I think that Marina is 3rd party and thus has a very low chance of being in SSB4. She would be a nice addition though, we could use more robot characters like her and Sukapon and Megaman to compliment ROB.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, there was a Marina support thread for Brawl.

Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73631

There were a number of good ideas. Also, I suggest refraining from mentioning Marina so often. People find that annoying so I suggest mentioning her only when relevant.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Can we please stop talking about Marina? It's making me sad. I love Mischief Makers, and the thought of her in SSB4 is such a turn on, that the reality of her never being in (unless my dream comes true and Nintendo buys Treasure) saddens me.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sorry, but no Marina. Why? Same reason that most 3rd Party characters won't make it. She's not well known enough.

If you go to some random person on the street and ask them if they know who Solid Snake or Sonic the Hedgehog is, chances are they'll say yes. If you ask them who Marina Lightyears is they'll either answer 'my favorite hooker' or 'I don't know'.

I love Marina, but she won't make it because she's no popular enough.

Raging-Banebou

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but no Marina. Why? Same reason that most 3rd Party characters won't make it. She's not well known enough.

If you go to some random person on the street and ask them if they know who Solid Snake or Sonic the Hedgehog is, chances are they'll say yes. If you ask them who Marina Lightyears is they'll either answer 'my favorite hooker' or 'I don't know'.

I love Marina, but she won't make it because she's no popular enough.
Hmmm...you have a good point there, buddy...how about Snover and/or Gwonam?

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
Brawl is pretty much perfect. All that is needed is an improved online mode, an adventure that is based directly off of the games that the characters represent, and more third party characters. That would make it THE PERFECT game! I wouldn't mind Louie Either

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
I have an idea for the Team Rocket character (mentioned earlier). He would obviously work just like Pokemon Trainer, except with three different pokemon. I think Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing. Also, I'm unsure on a name. It could be something like Team Rocket, Rocket Grunt, or Rocket Trainer.

MEOWTH

Stats:

Power - 2/5
Speed - 4/5
Attack Speed - 4/5
Weight - 2/5
Recovery - 4/5

Number of jumps - 2
Able to crawl

Specials:

Neutral "Pay Day" - Meowth sprays out a coin from its head just like the pokeball Meowth. The damage of each coin would do 1-3%. Similar to Game and Watch's chef attack, except more range and less stun.

Side "Fury Swipes" - Meowth slashes in front of him. With correct timing, you can land 3 to 5 hits. Similar to Marth's side B.

Up "Pounce" - Meowth jumps upward at about a 70 degree angle with its claws out in front of him. Similar to Mario's up B, except goes higher and has more of an arc that you would expect from a pounce.

Down "Screech" - Meowth screeches, and causes all nearby enemies to be momentarily stunned. Similar to Jigglypuff's sing.

ARBOK

Stats:

Power - 3/5
Speed - 3/5
Attack Speed - 2/5
Weight - 4/5
Recovery - 3/5

Number of jumps - 2
Able to crawl

Specials:

Neutral "Poison Fang" - Arbok chomps forwards and if an enemy is hit, they take about 5%and become poisoned. Being poisoned will deal 1% to the victim every 3 seconds or so. This will only last for a short while (roughly 30 seconds then dissappear). There is also a chance that Poison Fang will fail, in which case the victim will not be poisoned. There is about a 20% chance that this move will fail.

Side "Poison Sting" - Arbok spits out a needle which goes travels in a straight line, then dissappears. Each needle does only 1%, but can be shot very quickly. Similar to Fox's gun, except needles can be shot faster but not as far as Fox's lasers.

Up "Serpant Dive" - After pressing up B, you can direct the path that Arbok takes with the control stick. It is also curvable, like Lucario's up B. It also does slight damage.

Down "Wrap" - If Arbok is touching an enemy, he will wrap around them. You will then mash the A or B button as fast as you can for the next 3 seconds. The more you hit it, the more damage you do. Max damage is 30%, but average is only about 20%.

WEEZING

Stats:

Power - 3/5
Speed - 1/5
Attack Speed - 2/5
Weight - 5/5
Recovery - 5/5

Number of jumps - 5

Specials:

Neutral "Smokescreen" - Weezing puffs out clouds of black smoke all around him. For the next 3 seconds, all enemies hit by the smoke have their controls reversed. This means that if they want to walk left then they have to hold right and vice versa.

Side "Sludge" - Weezing spews out a ball of sludge forward. The sludge balls can be aimed slightly like Yoshi's eggs. The less you use this move, the bigger the sludge ball will be. This means that you can't use this move twice in a row. The starting damage for sludge is 5% damage at the beginning of the match. It gains 1% of damage every 5 seconds that it isn't used. The maximum damage that it can have is 40%.

Up "Smog" - Weezing puffs out a puffs out a green/brown/purple cloud of smog beneath him, propelling him only slightly upwards. It looks sort of like Ivysaur's down air. It is a nice spike and can also be used for recovery, but it doesn't get you much height.

Down "Poison Gas" - Weezing lets out a faded purple gas around him. If an enemy is hit, they become poisoned. See Arbok's Neutral special for more information on poisoning.

Also:
In the next SSB, I think there should and possibly will be two new Metroid reps. And please, no Ridley. He was already a boss and we want to see some new faces. The rep(s) should be from Metroid Hunters. There are 5 other hunters: Kanden, Spire, Trace, Noxus, Sylux, and Weavel. My three favorites are Spire, Trace, and Noxus. They're all very unique and definatlely deserve spots before Ridley because he appeared in Brawl as two bosses.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's good, but those Pokemon aren't well known enough. Rival trainer with three other starters from different gens would be better.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
All I can say is that if by some crazy miracle Claus is possible as a stand alone character, then they better include Ninten.
Claus wouldn't be playable as a stand-alone character--not Child Claus, anyway. ;)

Hellz. Yes. :bigthumbu

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Does everyone like Masked Man Claus because he has a lightsabre so they can act out Darth Vader-esque Star Wars fantasies? If Claus gets in, then the Beam Sword item in Brawl would be a redundant object. Although maybe it'd work because Ness has his own bat while there is still a Home Run bat.

That makes me wonder if people like Claus so much because they saw Darth Vader as a playable character in the next Soul Calibur for PS3.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Claus wouldn't be playable as a stand-alone character--not Child Claus, anyway. ;)

Hellz. Yes. :bigthumbu
Next best rep. for MOTHER, yes.

If he is not playable for the next game, he must be a shoe-in Assist Trophy.

Also, about that Team Rocket thing, adding specially Meowth, Weezing and Arbok... NO. The Team Rocket you mean is the one of the anime. No no and no.

Anime's Team Rocket = Worst villians, EVER. I hate them.

D

Deleted member

Next best rep. for MOTHER, yes.

If he is not playable for the next game, he must be a shoe-in Assist Trophy.

Also, about that Team Rocket thing, adding specially Meowth, Weezing and Arbok... NO. The Team Rocket you mean is the one of the anime. No no and no.

Anime's Team Rocket = Worst villians, EVER. I hate them.
Alright, put in another Pokemon villain..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom