• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well that's flattering. :Bee:
RIP Mendez and Kibble

You're certainly right that the Mii wouldn't qualify as retro, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the only reason it could be added. Perhaps Sakurai could've been waiting for new moves (provided by Wii Sports Resort, maybe?). He said he didn't want Brawl to be associated with the wave of casual Wii titles controlled by Miis (or something along those lines), right? Maybe he just wanted that novelty factor to wear off, since people have been throwing around the rumors that Nintendo's going to start catering to the hardcore and casual separately (yeah, right).

In my humble opinion, I wouldn't write Mii off completely.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
So you're mad at me/threatining to leave the thread because I disagreed with you about a character who's likely not going to get in? Oh well. (Just for the record, I very much doubt Waluigi will get in either, but then again, I don't think I'd retract any staement I made about him against K.Rool, though I will say that if Miis were confirmed, then K.Rool's chances would actually increase over Waluigi's.)

And quite frankly, I don't think Nintendo will drop the concept of Miis any time soon. They are sucessful, and the other two companies have been emulating them (to varrying degrees) so I'd think that the next generation console will have a newer version of them as well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Considering I consider him a lock and you that he has no chance at all, yeah. Pretty much. The only characters that really strike me as more likely then K. Rool are Megaman and Little Mac.

But let's please not go into that topic. I doubt either of us have changed much in that regard.

You're far from the worst in the thread, certainly not. The fact that you're recurring and actually attempt to explain your opinions, god forbid, is what makes me remember your name, though, over all these random no names amateurs. Take that as a compliment.

How does Mii's chances have anything to do with K. Rool's, might I ask? Mii is a more current character, while K. Rool's spotlight is in the past, back in the day with the DK games people actually cared about.

Albeit Dixie's is even farther back, considering she ceased to exist after DKC3 and was demoted to a background character while K. Rool kept his main villian status in-tact.

And I think I just started this up again. Joy of joys.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I personally don't really care for the idea of Miis because they kind of detract from the Nintendo/video game All-star idea. Even as far back as the original Smash, I've thought of the idea as fighting among your favorite Nintendo characters as kinda dumb. I'm not a video game character, I'm the guy who plays the games and, if anything, the Smash series celebrates the gamer well enough by including some of the most popular characters along side the most obscure Nintendo franchises and lesser known heros. I mean, yeah, the material is definately there (with things like fencing and boxing) and the Wii series has sold obnoxiously well but I'd personally prefer franchises that aren't so ambiguous to have playable characters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Little Mac is the only character I'd consider as a shoe in. MM would be if it wasn't for the technical problems of the unforseen future combined with his third party status.

I explain my opinion, because I wouldn't have it unless I had the reasons that built it up. :p

And the Mii's chances have nothing to do with K.Rool, but rather Waluigi. You see, despite everyone hating Waluigi, Sakurai doesn't seem to, and let him be a AT. He recognized though that Waluigi is pretty much a Mario sports character more than anything else, and gave him that racket. At this moment we don't really have a character who focuses only on a sports related moveset, although we have characters like Peach who use some sports equipment. Still, if the Mii were to be included (which I think is more likely than Waluigi, though not a shoe in by any means) it would certainly have to take the sports related moveset, and thus deprive Waluigi of it. Thusly, Waluigi's ideal moveset would be taken away from him, and his chances would fall under K.Rool's in my mind.

Also, with the exception of Smash, Dixie has been playable in every game she shown up in, so I wouldn't say she's been religated to background status.

And you may have, though you could always just not respond to me.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
By "background status" for Dixie I mean that she hasn't had any relevance to the plot of any DK games and is only playable as an extra character. She's just. . .There, while DK, Diddy, and Rool are still the central characters and getting plenty of dialogue between each other. If Dixie's playability in spin offs means anything remotely important, then Waluigi should be a lock. Her actual roles in the mainstream DK games which you seem to care about so much are non existant. Cranky is more important then her at this point (Not that I'm saying that he's an SSB4 candidate by any stretch of the imagination).

Also, assist trophies mean little when so few of them are remotely likely smash candidates. It's more characters who Sakuari got out of the way early, knowing he didn't want to make them playable, then actual candidates, hence why K. Rool is not an assist trophy. Blah blah, say what you want about the forbidden 7, but she was just going to be Diddy's Nana. You do know that Nana is a seperate character in the code too, right?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The way I see it, I think we might get both Dixie and K.Rool. Sakurai has had an eye on her since Melee and K. Rool has his share of popularity. Note, I don't consider a character's current status to mean much unless it's a recent character. In other words, both could be complete has-beens, but could still get in.

I also don't see Miis getting in either for the same reason I see the Animal Crossing character being Tom Nook instead of the villager: The Mii has no concrete appearance. There is no consistent face, skin color, height, etc.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
K.Rool's role though is essentially just setting up the cookie cutter bad guy conflict based on poorly though out reasons. There's nothing that makes him stand out in front of any other villain choice, other than he's the one that DK has.

Dixie may not be much better, but she's playable in all of her games in the main DK series. I don't know if you really want to classify the non-DKC games, but since it seems that the DKC series isn't being revived any time soon, then the newest batch of games are indeed the main series, and since Dixie has been playable in many of them recently, she's not only religated to Mario spin offs. (Which in fact tell you a good deal about popularity, since popular characters get in to them before less popular ones, and K.Rool had to wait until the recent Baseball game, while Dixie has gotten in before.)

And Dixie's role was almost certainly not akin to Nana, but rather akin to how she is partnered with Diddy in the DKC games, which would imply that she would have been given her own unqiue moveset (being on the screen with Diddy at all times, until they slapped hands and switched.) Since as others said, Sakurai likes to add in characters with unique play styles, and given that Dixie can still have this, by either being teamed up with Diddy or with Kiddy, she has a second advantage over K.Rool, who's only unique characteristic would probably be his ability to play dress up.

And about your AT argument, there are a fair number that have very good chances, but just couldn't be added in due to time, but even so, its still pointless in regards to Dixie vs K.Rool, since she wasn't a AT either.

I also don't see Miis getting in either for the same reason I see the Animal Crossing character being Tom Nook instead of the villager: The Mii has no concrete appearance. There is no consistent face, skin color, height, etc.
While this is true, I think that it can be used to their advantage, unlike a AC villager, who only has a few faces. Simply let the player choose to use their own Miis (or whatever the next console has, be they Miis or not) and you've got an, admitingly half baked, character creation mode. The fact that they are much more active than the AC villager, and do fight each other, helps a lot in their favor as well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The only way both Dixie and the king will get in is if Dixie is added to Diddy, but Diddy is far too much of an important character to be bogged down and have to share his slot with Dixie. Diddy should've been in Melee.

And yes, K. Rool is indeed a stereotypical cookie cutter villian. What else is new? Nearly everybody in Brawl is horribly stereotypical. At least he, y'know, actually has a role.

Dixie has been playable as an obligatory extra unlockable with no relevance to the story and in the spin offs. As far as game plots go, she's non existant. Of course, the plots are far from worth following, but you'd think Dixie would have a role if she were so important. Dixie was tossed aside the moment she was blackmailed out of DK64 by Tiny.

Oh, and the characters in Smash all have horribly generic playstyles, so don't give me that. Sakurai doesn't care about it at all. Besides, transformations and Ice Climber style characters are far from unique, seeing we, y'know, already have them.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
the more i see your post master the more i hate your self-induldgent ***.
:D just speaking my and a few other mind

any way i like the mii concept, seeing they've been in a number of games, they could have a fluent moveset.

i think as many things go that k.rool well get in,seeing we have hero, side kick. we need a villian not another side kick

yes i do think lil mac is a shooin to be in.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
But most cookie cutter characters have something going for them, like their own game or something. The two real villains that we do have (Ganondorf and Bowser) both break the cookie cutter mold, and I don't see quite frankly how K.Rool is supposed to stack up to them.

And while Dixie may not have much of a role but the fact that she gets shoe horend into playable positions so much does show that she does have some popularity (or perhaps marketability) and despite your incicent cries that she became less involved in the story after DKC3, so was Diddy for the most part after DK64.

And it would have been unique because it combined both of them while staying true to the source game. In addition, the characters that do get the unique move ideas are normally the obscure ones, so you should hope that he could think of something like that for K.Rool.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sunnyday, you managed to get KIBBLE to hate you. That's saying something. That guy tolerated the likes of Princesspeachluver and Smashbrosmike.

Yeah. If you couldn't tell people like that guy are much more the reason I'm not here then you.

When K. Rool is compared to characters like the Ice Climbers, he looks pretty d*mn developed. Anyway, that argument is completely moot.

Again, if you think spin offs mean anything whatsoever, Waluigi should be in, as his absolutely perfect spin off attendance record speaks in volumes.

Yes, Diddy and Dixie as a tag team would fit and would be true to game. That doesn't make it unique.

And here we are arguing about random points that are getting us nowhere again. Just like old times.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*steps in*

1. I hate to be "that guy" but a vast majority of villians are "cookie cutter." Heck, if you guys wanted to toss around that arguement, Wolf is pretty much a "bizarro" version of Fox (even down to the name) and Ganondorf is one of the biggest stereotypical villians in gaming. Actually, this arguement could be applied to a majority of the characters in Brawl aside from the Pokemon and Mr. Game and Watch.

2. Let's face it, both haven't been canonically important for awhile now. K. Rool's last big role was King of Swing 2 (which was only released in Japan) and Dixie's was Donkey Kong Land 3. If you wanted to go further with that, Diddy hasn't really been important since King of Swing 2 either. Despite this, all three of these characters have remained playable in spinoffs and made appearances. None of them has been completely abandoned as of yet. If anything, DK is the only outstandingly important character in the DK franchise left.

3. Their importance to the story is not the main issue, it's their moveset potential and Sakurai's interest. Personally, I'd say they're about even because both showed up in the general the same number of times and, according to the data on the Brawl disc, Dixie was cut very early on in development. As for movesets, I'd say that K. Rool offers a little bit more due to his multiple incarnations but Dixie could always borrow things from Tiny Kong making them about even.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I would diagree with Ganondorf being cookie cutter...or maybe that's just because the first Zelda game I completed was WW? Dang it, that Ganondorf should have gotten in, rather than the TP one who was just forced in that game to please fans.

EDIT: Oh, and as I said before, I really do think Waluigi is more likely than K.Rool, so I don't know what you're driving at.

And the tag team would be unique, because no other character does that.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A second Wario character has good chances, because for the last two generations (GC/Wii and GBA/DS) the series has had better sales than the DK, Kirby, SF, and Metroid series. It also has more than one game on the horizon, and several distinct characters who can be given unique movesets though mimicking the actions of their microgames (Or in some characters cases, using attacks that have been shown in their opening cutscenes) At the very least, the Wario series should get two stages in the next game, one representing the WL part of the series, and the other representing the WW.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
A second Wario character has good chances, because for the last two generations (GC/Wii and GBA/DS) the series has had better sales than the DK, Kirby, SF, and Metroid series. It also has more than one game on the horizon, and several distinct characters who can be given unique movesets though mimicking the actions of their microgames (Or in some characters cases, using attacks that have been shown in their opening cutscenes) At the very least, the Wario series should get two stages in the next game, one representing the WL part of the series, and the other representing the WW.
As much discussion as we've done, I don't recall anyone ever suggesting a representative for sales. Honestly, Wario Land/Ware has as many recurring reps (other than Wario) as Pong. No one else from Wario Land/Ware deserves to be playable the least bit.

Although, a WL stage wouldn't be so bad -- if WL had a little more popularity anyway.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
As much discussion as we've done, I don't recall anyone ever suggesting a representative for sales. Honestly, Wario Land/Ware has as many recurring reps (other than Wario) as Pong. No one else from Wario Land/Ware deserves to be playable the least bit.

Although, a WL stage wouldn't be so bad -- if WL had a little more popularity anyway.
Sales equate to popularity. Popular things have greater sales. While Smash may not only have popular characters, the vast majority of characters are included due to their popularity. If you disagree with this though, I must request you tell me why a series should get more than one character, and if its the character themself, or the series they belong to.

Also I really don't understand that recurring reps thing....especially for the WW series. I mean if it was just Wario Land I'd understand but the WW series have lots of recurring characters.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
AWWW MY GAAWD! Not the Donkey Kong argument again... As much as I am disliking Pieman right now like you MasterWarlord, I have to agree with him on the fact that Dixie Kong has better chances, but believe me, K. Rool isn't far behind, I wouldn't be surprised to see him instead of Dixie Kong.

And MasterWarlord, I understand that some of the people here aren't in the SSB4 Discussion group like you, me, Phantom, and filipino, but instead of mocking/ridiculing the people here, try to help them see the light. While this thread is filled with those who are horrible at speculating SSB4 and constantly bring up worthless arguments or pointless characters, there are a few smart people here. Pieman is good at backing up his choices unlike a lot of people here, though many of his choices may be obscure and make no sense. n88_2004 is a good debater, and Fatmanonice is the best I've seen here. Others like Clownbot and ToiseOfChoice are up there too. Don't come here to ridicule people, come here to help other people see the light of SSB4.

And Pieman, there is noway WarioWare has any chance of getting a new character (okay, maybe a slight chance), but the chances are extremely low. Nobody cares what the sales were, and obviously, Sakurai doesn't either. I argued this back in out Donkey Kong war, its obvious current sales/status doesn't matter.

JM94

Smash Cadet
Indeed. He's also the reason the world is going to end in 2012.

But anyway, I'm done mocking the thread and it's idiocy. I'm back off to my hidden social groups where I can discuss SSB4 without the likes of Pieman making me want to go jump off a cliff.

But before he gets back, sure, we can have some actual rational discussion.

Also, have any of you seen the little thing with Professor Layton's twitter blog? It's apparantely run by a Nintendo employee, and he dropped hints of Geno, Megaman, and Little Mac being playable in SSB4. It's probably nothing, but it's actual news, god forbid. The official Nintendo site has acknoweledged it's existence, so yes, it's not just some random guy. This is Nintendo.

http://twitter.com/TopHatProfessor

Megaman and Little Mac are locks, sure. . .But Geno makes it sound really iffy.

Edit: d*mn, he's already back. Well, it was nice, or not so nice, but I'm gone. Fare you well, Official SSB4 hell thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367722

n88

Smash Lord
Sales equate to popularity. Popular things have greater sales. While Smash may not only have popular characters, the vast majority of characters are included due to their popularity. If you disagree with this though, I must request you tell me why a series should get more than one character, and if its the character themself, or the series they belong to.
If Sakurai likes the character, and the character has moveset potential, character gets in. Not sales related.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
If Sakurai likes the character, and the character has moveset potential, character gets in. Not sales related.
Pure truth. The ONLY truth. The last thing on Sakurai's list is fan popularity. There's only one case where this has helped; Sonic's case. And no one can match his immense popularity before Brawl, its only rivaled by Ridley and Megaman (and possibly Geno, don't flame me).

When it comes to Sakurai, it goes like this (originally posted by Fatmanonice):

INTEREST > ORIGINALITY/UNIQUENESS >>> POPULARITY

First of all, if Sakurai likes the character, he'll probably put him in if he feels they would fit in Smash along with the other characters and if they are unique and have good moveset potential, which is the next thing on his list. Sakurai wants to have fun making/designing the characters in his game, who wouldn't? If they have good moveset potential and bring something unique to work with, they're a great possibility, if they also have the favor of Sakurai. The last thing on his list is popularity. Sakurai doesn't care much if the character is popular, honestly, except for cases like Sonic's, which don't happen much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All the WarioWare characters don't deserve to be playable. None of these WarioWare characters have star power like Wario's name does. I mean, really! The only reason why the first WarioWare game sold very well was because of Wario's name brand on top of excellent gameplay. If Wario wasn't used to market that game, it would probably be as successful as Rhythm Heaven - characters no one care about on top of excellent gameplay. People buy WarioWare games for the innovative gameplay, not for Mona, Ashley, and the others.

Now, compare them to Donkey Kong characters. People bought the first Donkey Kong Country for Donkey Kong himself because Donkey Kong already made a name for himself over 10 years earlier in the original Donkey Kong arcade games. But Diddy Kong made a name for himself in the first game and people bought Donkey Kong Country 2 for him and more platforming action they loved from the first game. Then Dixie Kong made a name for herself in the second game and people bought Donkey Kong Country 3 for her and even MOAR platforming action they loved from the second game. And King K. Rool made a name for himself in the trilogy and became the main antagonist of the Donkey Kong franchise.

Bottom line, people generally care about Dixie Kong and King K. Rool more than they do about any of the WarioWare characters.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I dont think any of the warioware chars will end up in ssb4. If any of them do it will be ashley mainly because this series is in dire need of more females. But even so there are LOTS of females who deserve it more
krystal
dixie
lynn
midna

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All the WarioWare characters don't deserve to be playable. None of these WarioWare characters have star power like Wario's name does. I mean, really! The only reason why the first WarioWare game sold very well was because of Wario's name brand on top of excellent gameplay. If Wario wasn't used to market that game, it would probably be as successful as Rhythm Heaven - characters no one care about on top of excellent gameplay. People buy WarioWare games for the innovative gameplay, not for Mona, Ashley, and the others.

Now, compare them to Donkey Kong characters. People bought the first Donkey Kong Country for Donkey Kong himself because Donkey Kong already made a name for himself over 10 years earlier in the original Donkey Kong arcade games. But Diddy Kong made a name for himself in the first game and people bought Donkey Kong Country 2 for him and more platforming action they loved from the first game. Then Dixie Kong made a name for herself in the second game and people bought Donkey Kong Country 3 for her and even MOAR platforming action they loved from the second game. And King K. Rool made a name for himself in the trilogy and became the main antagonist of the Donkey Kong franchise.

Bottom line, people generally care about Dixie Kong and King K. Rool more than they do about any of the WarioWare characters.
I agree with you and I just wanted to add something to what you said, DKC was also really popular because, like Brawl and Star Fox 64, it was one of the few games that Nintendo legitimately hyped.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Okay seriously, why would anyone argue WarioWare's chances of getting a new character? It doesn't even have any!

This is a list of series that you can guarantee you won't see with a new character in SSB4.

-Kirby
-WarioWare
-Pikmin
-Yoshi
-Retro series (the ones already in the game)
-Sonic
-Metal Gear

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm not gonna comment on the DK argument, but you should know, Pieman, that Dixie was only added in Mario Superstar Baseball to give DK and Diddy a character they could have good chemistry with on their team, rather than K.Rool, a villain who they would have bad chemistry with. DK and Diddy have little to no other good chemistry with the main Mario characters, other than themselves, so Dixie most definitely wasn't put in there because of her importance; she's there cause she's friendly with the two other Kongs. Not that sports games are relevant to Smash...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay seriously, why would anyone argue WarioWare's chances of getting a new character? It doesn't even have any!

This is a list of series that you can guarantee you won't see with a new character in SSB4.

-Kirby
-WarioWare
-Pikmin
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Metal Gear
Yes, this is another thing I hate how people ignore. Louie will never become playable... Shadow will never become playable... The Baby Bros will never become playable... Paulatena will never become playable...Douchebag Mcgee will neve become playable... I wish we could edit the first post in order to put this in as one of the guidelines for discussion.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Yes, this is another thing I hate how people ignore. Louie will never become playable... Shadow will never become playable... The Baby Bros will never become playable... Paulatena will never become playable...Douchebag Mcgee will neve become playable... I wish we could edit the first post in order to put this in as one of the guidelines for discussion.
:laugh: I agree completely. If I could edit the first post, I would definitely edit it in right away.

Zario777

Smash Apprentice

-Kirby
-WarioWare
-Pikmin
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Metal Gear
There is no way for anyone to know for 100% that something will happen. There can be TONS and TONS of facts or reasons why, but the only true way to find out if something will happen is to.......wait and see....:embarrass

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Star Fox 64 was used to showcase the N64 Rumble Pack. Kinda like how Nintendo used Duck Hunt to showcase the NES Zapper and used R.O.B. to get parents of the early 1980s into buying the NES (thinking the NES is a toy and not a video game console) after the video game crash and used Super Mario Bros. to hype the NES back in 1985. Its probably why the NES came bundled with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt (and NES Zapper) or Gyromite (and R.O.B.) In North America. Also, the latest games (from 2006 when the Wii came out to present) Nintendo hyped as far as I know are The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Platinum, Punch-Out!!, and The Legendary Starfy.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
although i hate how often shadow and certain characters are brought up, theres one key fact you're looking over...

you don't know. you simply don't. No one knows who'll be in the next game. Not even the makers know. If I had told you 5 years ago that Olimar was gunna be a playable character, you would have laughed in my face. 80% of people wouldn't have even given it a second thought.

There shouldn't be any limit as to who's inclusion can be discussed for the next game.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
There is no way for anyone to know for 100% that something will happen. There can be TONS and TONS of facts or reasons why, but the only true way to find out if something will happen is to.......wait and see....:embarrass
You are right, there is no way to know 100%. Let me edit my post for you.... (EDIT in the quote below)

This is a list of series that you can guarantee 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% you won't see with a new character in SSB4.

-Kirby
-WarioWare
-Pikmin
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Metal Gear
There, I edited, not 100% anymore. :)

although i hate how often shadow and certain characters are brought up, theres one key fact you're looking over...

you don't know. you simply don't. No one knows who'll be in the next game. Not even the makers know. If I had told you 5 years ago that Olimar was gunna be a playable character, you would have laughed in my face. 80% of people wouldn't have even given it a second thought.

There shouldn't be any limit as to who's inclusion can be discussed for the next game.
Okay, let's discuss Boo and Shy Guy. They have good chances right, cuz they're Nintendo characters? And how about Mr. Saturn? I think ROB 64 from Starfox and Epona the horse from Legend of Zelda is possible. OOH! And don't forget the Hunting Dog from Duck hunt!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Popular characters get in first despite any type of delusions you may have about Sakurai picking obscure characters. Next come the innovative/original characters, and then there are the small few that got in simply because of interest. High selling game series have more characters than low selling ones, with the bizzare exception of Star Fox (What Sakurai is thinking in regards to that series, I will never know) Of course you also have your F-Zeros and Yoshi series, but its quite obvious what holds them back. (Metroid's in their boat too a little bit, since Samus has the tendency to kill every supportng character she meets)

In addition, I have to ask, if popularity doesn't matter, how all these other picks such as K.Rool and the like are even justified by originality/uniquness when there's really not that much to go with, or Sakurai's interest, since there's little idea on exactly who he's interested in. Instead of picking a pottentially unique style of fighting from a character in a currently sucessful and popular series, you'd rather waste time with a bland character with little pottential for uniquenss for no other reason that what I can assume is nostalgia. Now granted I know that the series is heavily based around nostalgia, but the complete shut down of almost anything new is just baffling to me when it comes to these things. Yes people bought DKC3 partially for Dixie Kong, but the fact of the matter was, those consumers bought it over a decade ago, and the series has quite frankly moved on since then. If this was 1996, then sure the DK series should have 3-4 characters, and would have them right now. But its not 1996, and the series has gone on since then, so I don't understand why its fans haven't come to the realization that it just doesn't matter that much anymore.

And yes, no one buys a Wario game for Mona/Ashley/Whoever, but no one also buys a SF game for Falco, a Pokemon game for Jigglypuff, a DK game for K.Rool, and so on. At this point there are little to no characters who people simply buy the game for that are still left open to Nintendo, so I see little validity in that type of argument.

And Kupa, I don't think chemistry is that much of a concern for those who make the games, since when they finally added in K.Rool, they had him side with the Kongs.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Okay, let's discuss Boo and Shy Guy. They have good chances right, cuz they're Nintendo characters? And how about Mr. Saturn? I think ROB 64 from Starfox and Epona the horse from Legend of Zelda is possible. OOH! And don't forget the Hunting Dog from Duck hunt!
Points are a lot less valid when you sound like a jack ***.

Obviously stupid things like that won't make it. And anyone with common sense would know thats taking it ludicrously far. But, as much as I hate to inform you, characters that individually hold any influence in a series have a chance. Just because you don't think a character won't be worked into it, doesn't mean the rest of the world, or more importantly, Nintendo, thinks so too.

So good to see people open minded.

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
@ Spydr Enzo: alright, ill except that.
King K. Rool Moveset:
A=Left Punch
AA=Right Slash
AAA=Double Fist Slam Down
Ftilt=Claw Slash (similar to Wolf's FTilt)
Utilt=Upwards Punch
Dtilt=Low Kick
FSmash=Head Ram (Crown=sweetspot)
USmash=Uppercut
DSmash=Sit Down Shockwave (similar to Charizard's DSmash)
Dash A.=Musket Ram (similar to Ike's Dash Attack)
Nair=Belly Flop Spin (similar to Wario's Nair)
Fair=Belly Bump
Bair=Backwards Headbutt (similar to Wario's Bair but with sweetspot on crown)
Uair=Double Upwards Claw Swipe
Dair=One Fist Punch Down
Special=Musket Suck (hold button to suck, release to stop)
Side Special=Crown Toss (just like in DKC)
Recovery=Propeller Pack (from DKC3)
Down Special=Cannonball Shoot (has a chance to shoot a spiked cannonball and Ice Cloud from DKC2)
Final Smash=Cannonball Rain (just like in DKC)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Points are a lot less valid when you sound like a jack ***.

Obviously stupid things like that won't make it. And anyone with common sense would know thats taking it ludicrously far. But, as much as I hate to inform you, characters that individually hold any influence in a series have a chance. Just because you don't think a character won't be worked into it, doesn't mean the rest of the world, or more importantly, Nintendo, thinks so too.

So good to see people open minded.
Exactly, if you read my last post and read in the quotes where I named off the series that don't have a chance of more representation, you'll see I edited it.

So now, there is a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 chance of a new character for these series. See? They have a chance, just an extremely... extremely remote one. I say this in confidence with several other people here, don't expect a new character from any of these series, because the chances are extremely remote, and for some, just not going to happen.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You are right, there is no way to know 100%. Let me edit my post for you.... (EDIT in the quote below)

There, I edited, not 100% anymore. :)

You'd better edit your post before Arcadenik eats you.

Any 3rd Party series getting a new character is questionable, at best. As for WarioWare, it's in the same situation as Yoshi, and since Yoshi has yet to get a new character, I doubt it'll happen.

Also, I think you're being a bit drastic on that last paragraph, if you know what I mean. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom