• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SSB4 SHALL... no, WILL HAVE Captain Rainbow. It is inevitable.

http://kotaku.com/5023209/first-look-at-captain-rainbow

Prepare to lol.
I have no idea why Birdo is...narrating that movie, but I must play Captain Rainbow. Now. From the teensy bits of action in that trailer...I think he'd actually be okay in SSB4, though probably as an AT (he shows up and whips his Yo-Yo left, right, up, then jumps in the air and slams it into the ground before leaving).

globiumz said:
moar Mendez, MOAR! Your ideas are great.

BTW, what about a construction set? Would it be viable?
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week--try the veal, it's delicious. :laugh:

First, what do you mean by "construction set"? I don't imagine you're talking about a stage builder, since we've gone over that a length, but the only other thing I could imagine you'd mean is a character-creation system, which...I half-support.

On that note, how about not just stage creation, but actual "level" creation. Blast Works on Wii is a notable, recent game that has this function in it: use an editor to build an entire side-scrolling level from scratch, complete with custom enemies and everything. So in SSB4, players could make their own Subspace Emissary levels out of the same tools we'd be using to make multiplayer stages, populate them with the enemies of our choice, then upload them to the internet for others to play through. As an added touch, the creator of the level can permanently remove a trophy from their collection and use it as a reward for clearing that level--this would serve to make collecting alot of the trophies much easier for most of us who have better things to do that waste spend hours of our lives attempting Boss Rush on Intense. :psycho:

...Now that I think about it, another change I'd like to see in SSB4 is having trophies be worth something, or at least be useful outside of looking at them and taking pictures. Of course, I think the obvious method of doing so is to make every trophy an AT. And before you decry the idea with "that's way too many attacks to animate", know that there are ways around that. ;)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Chief Mendez. While your ideas on tag-team final smashes are incredibly thought out and well written, I have to say that judging by the mass amount of content in Brawl, the team working on SSB4 will have to focus on so much more than team final smashes, which really would take up far too much time. It's not a matter of programming a certain code for each FS to be able to conjoin with the codes of others, because each contains their own animations, models, textures and what not. There are far more important aspects of the game that need to be addressed and worked on meticulously for perfection, while team Final Smashes (and Final Smashes over all) would serve as a cover up to dilute the flaws, just as they did with Brawl. I guarantee you, if Final Smashes were never developed, Brawl would play very differently, as the FS's were a major addition to the game, and a key focal point for publication and commercialization.

Again, I strongly respect your ideas and encourage the creative idea process and development, but this is definitely a feature that does not need to be developed so that room for ironing out the kinks and flaws in the actual gameplay can be made.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Why not a create-a-character thingy magigy? It would be awesome. Finally the Sora, Naruto, and Master Chief Fanboys can have what they want.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Why not a create-a-character thingy magigy? It would be awesome. Finally the Sora, Naruto, and Master Chief Fanboys can have what they want.
Would lead to easily broken characters (unless they had a pre-set moveset). Plus it defeats the purpose of Smash being a game where Nintendo characters fight it out...it'd be a game where Darth Vader fights some ninja or something...
Oh wait...that's Soulcalibur IV... **** you George Lucas...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Would lead to easily broken characters (unless they had a pre-set moveset). Plus it defeats the purpose of Smash being a game where Nintendo characters fight it out...it'd be a game where Darth Vader fights some ninja or something...
I sure like the idea of a custom "Create your' Brawler" idea, though it would be messed up if they are pre-set moves which wouldn't really make them customized, as for being broken that's would also be bad like *coughsnakecough*

so what if this where to defeat the purpose of only having "Nintendo All Stars", I say the more there is, the better it would turn out

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Well there has to be some big feature that has to be in the next smash bros. Any ideas?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
[NO CREATED CHARACTERS

They would ruin the point of Brawl. You want you and your friends to be Smashers? Write a fanfiction.

These games are meant for some of the greatest characters in greating history to duke it out and see whose the best of the best.

It isn't for you to come in and make your guy so broken that it makes Snake look like Sonic.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
air grabbing. Though some argue that it could break the game, I would really enjoy not getting shield grabbed from the air all the time. I mean, they could put some lag if you land from a missed air grab, making the move risky.

That or bring back Shffling which I don't think that Nintendo/Sakurai likes.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
[NO CREATED CHARACTERS

They would ruin the point of Brawl. You want you and your friends to be Smashers? Write a fanfiction.

These games are meant for some of the greatest characters in greating history to duke it out and see whose the best of the best.

It isn't for you to come in and make your guy so broken that it makes Snake look like Sonic.
Dude its just an idea and opinion. Its not stupid or impossible either. RELAX

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
air grabbing. Though some argue that it could break the game, I would really enjoy not getting shield grabbed from the air all the time. I mean, they could put some lag if you land from a missed air grab, making the move risky.
That sounds like a good idea to me, almost like CF's up-b or something? As long as it's usually weak.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Chief Mendez. While your ideas on tag-team final smashes are incredibly thought out and well written, I have to say that judging by the mass amount of content in Brawl, the team working on SSB4 will have to focus on so much more than team final smashes, which really would take up far too much time. It's not a matter of programming a certain code for each FS to be able to conjoin with the codes of others, because each contains their own animations, models, textures and what not. There are far more important aspects of the game that need to be addressed and worked on meticulously for perfection, while team Final Smashes (and Final Smashes over all) would serve as a cover up to dilute the flaws, just as they did with Brawl. I guarantee you, if Final Smashes were never developed, Brawl would play very differently, as the FS's were a major addition to the game, and a key focal point for publication and commercialization.

Again, I strongly respect your ideas and encourage the creative idea process and development, but this is definitely a feature that does not need to be developed so that room for ironing out the kinks and flaws in the actual gameplay can be made.
I don't quite get it. The only thing Tag-Team Final Smashes would require is the building of a separate animation. There's no code-joining process or anything so complicated. And like I said, if there's only fifty characters, and each only partners with one other, then that's only twenty-five or so extra animations. This would also serve to really emphasize the inclusion of an actual tag-team mode.

Without it, or at least my proposed "Tag Combos", it's just a mose with longer matches.

Another thing: maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you somehow saying that you'd rather have a Brawl with different physics and such than a Brawl with Final Smashes? They were bound to get in, since Sakurai had apparently intended to put the ability in the very first Smash Bros. way back when.

I'm curious then: what "kinks and flaws" are so intricate and complicated that the bigger-than-big dev team that will undoubtedly make SSB4 will have their hands so full with that they can't be bothered to add a neat, attention-grabbing feature along the lines of TTFSs?

I mean...there's tripping, and hitstun...but I think those things (and basically everything in the physics engine) are the first to get worked on. Most of the developers' time is probably taken up by making and balancing characters, creating all the assets for the Story Mode, and then all the general curatorial duties that come with the figurative territory in a game with characters from tons of different series.

-------------------------------------------------------

Character-creation is a bad idea for Smash. It was a bad idea for Soul Calibur, too. The only slight possibility there is of this coming to be is ifthe Wii2 still has Miis, or some equivalent. I never thought the idea of Miis being in Brawl was a horrible one. Though it should be said that all Miis would have the same moveset--the only difference would be the physical appearance.

EDIT - I think the best idea for air-grabs I've heard is that every character has one. Ther's no grab attack in mid-air, just an automatic throw as soon as you grab the character. Ganondorf already has one, pretty much, in his midair Side+B. Just replace that move with an original one, and transplant it to his air-grab, and you're set!

Now, the one thing I worry about here is characters whose air-grab would throw the opponent straight down...so air-grabs would have to have, like, no priority, and you'd have to be almost totally level with your opponent...though it'd be neat if different characters grabbed in different directions.

For instance, Falco might reach up above him, grab the above fighter's feet, then whip them downwards. Imagine the fun you'd have short-hopping that at someone on Battlefield.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman

That or bring back Shffling which I don't think that Nintendo/Sakurai likes.
I brought up air grabbing a while back. I think it would be good if it had high initial knockback with slow knockback increase as damage increases. Someone brought up spike throwing. This might be cool but it might mess with the edgeguarding game. MIGHT is the key word here.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Air grabbing would be cool, hands down. I can't see it ruining the aerial game, either. I agree with Chief Mendez; it would just be a grab to automatic throw rather than having options like on the ground.

And character creation would be really iffy. Basically how I'd see it working best would be where you would take a Mii and that'd be the character, and you'd pick only the Special moves rather than the whole moveset. The big problem here is the fact that a character could be made very cheap and that some special moves really wouldn't work (Yoshi's or Kirby's Neutral Special, anyone?). And I can't see a Character Creation having the ability to make an original character (ala Mortal Combat: Armageddon) as all the characters in Smash Bros. are so different.

And, as it's been said, it would screw up the point of Nintendo All-Stars fighting. Overall, I can't see it working or Sakurai implementing it.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
The game doubles as a donut maker.
Why is this idea not getting the praise it deserves?

On Topic: Anyone else here want "Tabuu's Revenge," a sequel to the SSE? Like...maybe if they had more Nintendo based areas and enemies/bosses...personally I'd really like that, it'd be like blending Melee's Adventure Mode with Brawl's...and it'd be fantastic...
hopefully...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Why is this idea not getting the praise it deserves?

On Topic: Anyone else here want "Tabuu's Revenge," a sequel to the SSE? Like...maybe if they had more Nintendo based areas and enemies/bosses...personally I'd really like that, it'd be like blending Melee's Adventure Mode with Brawl's...and it'd be fantastic...
hopefully...
A sequel to that Marx wannabe? Nope, I'll pass on that.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I think character customization is pointless. However, I do think character stat adjusting would be a cool addition. For example, the Nintendo characters already have default stats but if we don't like this character being so heavy, we can adjust them to be lighter. However, at the cost of this benefit, the other stats would suffer. Kind of like how pokemon stats are. One could be terrific but the rest would suffer. Also, some characters have a maximum of how much damage they can do or how far they can jump or how far they can be lifted off the ground at a certain damage degree.

That would make each Nintendo character we play feel more unique to us.

*I'm proud to see Nintendo having Captain Rainbow up their sleeves. Now we have another character to look forward to seeing in a future SSB game. (Optimistically speaking of course)

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking something similar earlier in the thread, lumberheartwood, and it sounds good. I don't think you should be able to adjust a lot though, just small modifications. I mean, I don't want the option of turning Ike into Marth..... It oculd also lead to balance issues.

I say we limit it to a 8% adjustment, meaning another stat need to be reduced by 8%. That should make most Marths (for example) play somewhat differently. Why 8%? 10% feels a bit too high, but 5% feels too low imo.

Mendez, a CS is basically something outside the game that lets you design your own textures, meshes, sound files, etc. We would be able to create our own items and characters. Mods in other words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(computer_gaming)

But honestly, when you guys started talking about Mii and a character creator, maybe it is pointless. A character creator with Mii as basis with a group of premade attacks would rock. Of course, not other could be modified with new attacks. And the available attacks would be basic stuff like some projectiles, reflectors, different recovery moves, etc. I imagine 12 different swapable moves personally.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MarthTrinity said:
On Topic: Anyone else here want "Tabuu's Revenge," a sequel to the SSE?
Not really. Tabuu was quite a lame villain, only showing up at the very end, for like, three levels like that. Plus he really looks like Tron.

I don't know what's so hard about making a plot for Smash Bros.

"All the villains team up to finally put an end to their better halves. Dedede steals the Star Rod, Ganon takes the Triforce, Bowser kidnaps Peach, and so on...Then they take flight across the different Nintendo worlds, while all the wronged heroes chase after them, teaming up along the way. Eventually the heroes corner the bad guys at Final Destination, but Master Hand shows up and powers up the villains (Giga Bowser, Beast Ganon, uh...Fat Dedede(?), and so on. So you have one final fight against all the big, powered-up versions all at once, then you fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand, then...THE END.

lumberheartwood said:
I think character customization is pointless. However, I do think character stat adjusting would be a cool addition. For example, the Nintendo characters already have default stats but if we don't like this character being so heavy, we can adjust them to be lighter. However, at the cost of this benefit, the other stats would suffer. Kind of like how pokemon stats are. One could be terrific but the rest would suffer. Also, some characters have a maximum of how much damage they can do or how far they can jump or how far they can be lifted off the ground at a certain damage degree.
It might be a bit too technical for some people, and you couldn't do it in tournament or online play, but otherwise that sounds pretty neat. So I could make Link more powerful, but he's become slower to the same degree he powered up.

That would make me extremely happy.

globiumz said:
Mendez, a CS is basically something outside the game that lets you design your own textures, meshes, sound files, etc. We would be able to create our own items and characters. Mods in other words.
Oh okay, I understand. In that case, almost definitely not.

I think it'd be cool, but I can't think, for the life of me, of any Japanese-made game that lets you do stuff like this (the possible exception being online games, since I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable of them as I am console games). In fact, there are very few console games existing that let you do that sort of thing. The big problem is that making things like that takes alot of technical skill--way more than the average consumer has. So creating a toolset like that is generally seen, in the console market, as time wasted that could better be spent on showy, attractive things...like a bigger and better story mode, better graphics, more characters, etc.

Added to that, I don't think Nintendo's next machine will be beastly enough to handle that sort of thing very well.

But really, if they give us a stage builder wherein the player can:

> Rotate all objects.
> Apply .jpgs from an external memory source (SD cards) as backgrounds/foregrounds.
> Set the stage on a customized path (with adjustable speed), and populate those paths normally.
> Set water.
> Use generic stage-hazards. (example: a wireframe of King Bulbin charging across the stage)
> Make walk-off stages.

And do something with moveset editing, then that'll be, I think, a decent equivalent.

Speaking of movesets...I was playing me some Guilty Gear XX ^ Core last night...and I realized that in that game, there's a character whose special moves are made up entirely of other peoples'. The player can go into the Robo-Ky Factory and swap out all of Robo-Ky's specials for other specials, all of which come from the other characters in the game. Now, Guilty Gear is generally alot more complex than Smash Bros., but there's a mechanism in GG that could apply to a "Robo-Ky" in Smash.

Robo-Ky, unlike everyone else in the game, has a temperature gauge instead of a tension meter. The tension meter determines when a player can use special moves--it builds up as they deal and take damage, and depletes when specials or certain techs are used. But Robo-Ky doesn't do that. Instead, he can use any special whenever he wants--but at the expense of his temperature gauge rising. So if I started out a match with Sol Badguy's 2nd Overdrive attack, I'd immediately be at a critical temperature.

Being at a high temperature lowers Robo-Ky's attack, defense, cuts off his ability to use specials/techs, and deals damage to him. So while it may be great to have access to every special move in the game, there are appropriate drawbacks as well.

SO. In Smash Bros. 4, there'd be a character (possibly Mii) who you can edit the special moveset for (5 moves, including the side-Smash special). But as you used them, the "temperature" gauge would increase. It would probably be "fatigue meter" instead, if it were to be a Mii, but you get the idea. As it goes up, negative effects begin to apply to you.

In Guilty Gear, Robo-Ky can reduce his temp. meter by using a certain move (a blast of steam that's bigger the higher his meter is), so Mii could do that to--to reduce your fatigue meter, you'd have to use Mii's Final Smash. Alternatively, since in Smash Bros. there's no meter for using specials, you might just have to go a while without using specials, and the fatigue gauge would slowly deplete.

In this way, you couldn't spam Pit's arrows, Samus' missiles, Snake's C4, and Wolf's Fire Wolf (all in one character) without hurting themselves.

Sentey

Smash Cadet

That would make each Nintendo character we play feel more unique to us.

*I'm proud to see Nintendo having Captain Rainbow up their sleeves. Now we have another character to look forward to seeing in a future SSB game. (Optimistically speaking of course)
they did add stickers for SSE which did effect the characters but to use them against other characters and in versus mode would be cool. and each characters stats could be saved under that persons name

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
they did add stickers for SSE which did effect the characters but to use them against other characters and in versus mode would be cool. and each characters stats could be saved under that persons name
This would work, but SSB4 would then have to include stickers that boosted more than just attack damage and defense.

Running Speed +
Descent Speed +
Descent Speed -
Jump Height +
Attack Speed +

Then you can augment every character, just like in the SSE, then save that info to your player name. Put it on your Wii2mote, and take it everywhere!

You get the idea. And again--no using that stuff in online or tourneys.

EDIT - For future reference, Sentey, if you have something else to say and you're the last person to post, just edit it into your previous statement. Double posting is...eck.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
The boss format is not great, because if you are amazing in a tournament format, you will still get yourself cleaned out by a Tabuu on intense. Boss battles should be more like regular matches, just really hard.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Ughh. No moveset editing, that takes out the point of learning to get good with a character.

Oh, and enemies from past games is a must-have for the next adventure mode. I really want to vent on some Zubat and Geodude AI for all those times they annoyed me in the Pokemon games, lol.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The boss format is not great, because if you are amazing in a tournament format, you will still get yourself cleaned out by a Tabuu on intense. Boss battles should be more like regular matches, just really hard.
Well der. They're boss battles, so they're supposed to be tough, especially on intense.

The one thing that makes them any different from regular matches is that you can't knock them back or otherwise interrupt their moves. Obviously, that's the same way bosses in Kirby are, so thank Sakurai for being a douchebag and refusing to use any other format than the one he came up with...

I feel your pain, believe me (finally beating Tabuu on intense is one of my proudest gaming achievements, I think), and I do think the bosses should be setup so that a really skilled player can just keep attacking in a certain, learned pattern, leaving the boss unable to attack at all.

Ilex said:
Ughh. No moveset editing, that takes out the point of learning to get good with a character.

Oh, and enemies from past games is a must-have for the next adventure mode. I really want to vent on some Zubat and Geodude AI for all those times they annoyed me in the Pokemon games, lol.
I hadn't actually thought of that--having generic Pokemon as enemies in Adventure Mode. Man, that would be pretty cool: you're running through a cave level (Moon Mountain, perhaps?) as Pikachu, and suddenly the screen flashes and the battle music starts up as a Zubat appears on screen (along with a text box at the bottom of the screen that reads "Wild Zubat appeared!") and tries to Supersonic you.

As for the moveset thing...I'm not really committed to it, but it wouldn't be the end of balance as we know it. At the very least, it'd be an enjoyable feature. :ohwell:

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
Not really. Tabuu was quite a lame villain, only showing up at the very end, for like, three levels like that. Plus he really looks like Tron.

I don't know what's so hard about making a plot for Smash Bros.

"All the villains team up to finally put an end to their better halves. Dedede steals the Star Rod, Ganon takes the Triforce, Bowser kidnaps Peach, and so on...Then they take flight across the different Nintendo worlds, while all the wronged heroes chase after them, teaming up along the way. Eventually the heroes corner the bad guys at Final Destination, but Master Hand shows up and powers up the villains (Giga Bowser, Beast Ganon, uh...Fat Dedede(?), and so on. So you have one final fight against all the big, powered-up versions all at once, then you fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand, then...THE END.

It might be a bit too technical for some people, and you couldn't do it in tournament or online play, but otherwise that sounds pretty neat. So I could make Link more powerful, but he's become slower to the same degree he powered up.

That would make me extremely happy.

Oh okay, I understand. In that case, almost definitely not.

I think it'd be cool, but I can't think, for the life of me, of any Japanese-made game that lets you do stuff like this (the possible exception being online games, since I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable of them as I am console games). In fact, there are very few console games existing that let you do that sort of thing. The big problem is that making things like that takes alot of technical skill--way more than the average consumer has. So creating a toolset like that is generally seen, in the console market, as time wasted that could better be spent on showy, attractive things...like a bigger and better story mode, better graphics, more characters, etc.

Added to that, I don't think Nintendo's next machine will be beastly enough to handle that sort of thing very well.

But really, if they give us a stage builder wherein the player can:

> Rotate all objects.
> Apply .jpgs from an external memory source (SD cards) as backgrounds/foregrounds.
> Set the stage on a customized path (with adjustable speed), and populate those paths normally.
> Set water.
> Use generic stage-hazards. (example: a wireframe of King Bulbin charging across the stage)
> Make walk-off stages.

And do something with moveset editing, then that'll be, I think, a decent equivalent.

Speaking of movesets...I was playing me some Guilty Gear XX ^ Core last night...and I realized that in that game, there's a character whose special moves are made up entirely of other peoples'. The player can go into the Robo-Ky Factory and swap out all of Robo-Ky's specials for other specials, all of which come from the other characters in the game. Now, Guilty Gear is generally alot more complex than Smash Bros., but there's a mechanism in GG that could apply to a "Robo-Ky" in Smash.

Robo-Ky, unlike everyone else in the game, has a temperature gauge instead of a tension meter. The tension meter determines when a player can use special moves--it builds up as they deal and take damage, and depletes when specials or certain techs are used. But Robo-Ky doesn't do that. Instead, he can use any special whenever he wants--but at the expense of his temperature gauge rising. So if I started out a match with Sol Badguy's 2nd Overdrive attack, I'd immediately be at a critical temperature.

Being at a high temperature lowers Robo-Ky's attack, defense, cuts off his ability to use specials/techs, and deals damage to him. So while it may be great to have access to every special move in the game, there are appropriate drawbacks as well.

SO. In Smash Bros. 4, there'd be a character (possibly Mii) who you can edit the special moveset for (5 moves, including the side-Smash special). But as you used them, the "temperature" gauge would increase. It would probably be "fatigue meter" instead, if it were to be a Mii, but you get the idea. As it goes up, negative effects begin to apply to you.

In Guilty Gear, Robo-Ky can reduce his temp. meter by using a certain move (a blast of steam that's bigger the higher his meter is), so Mii could do that to--to reduce your fatigue meter, you'd have to use Mii's Final Smash. Alternatively, since in Smash Bros. there's no meter for using specials, you might just have to go a while without using specials, and the fatigue gauge would slowly deplete.

In this way, you couldn't spam Pit's arrows, Samus' missiles, Snake's C4, and Wolf's Fire Wolf (all in one character) without hurting themselves.
Those ideas about Mii being like that Robo-ky and the improvement of teh stage creator sounds incredible Mendez. You're definitely onto something.

As for the CS, I figured it would be complicated. Currently, stuff like that only exist for PC games (as far I know) and as you said, it will likely not be possible on Nintendo's next console, considering they prefer simpler stuff now.

Anyway...... One thing I would like to improve are the animations of powerful attacks, such as Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch, and FS. FP looks more powerful than in Melee imo, but they should have made it similar to N64, where it looked friggin' powerful. WP also looks less powerful in Brawl than in Melee.

And finally, FS. Ike's is pretty darn powerful looking, but what about Super Sonic?I'm not saying Smash should turn in DBZ, but it would be awesome if the Sonic to SS transformation actually looked like going Super Saiyan. Minus the unecessary stalling and screaming, just the screen violently shaking, golden aura, and huge, non damaging shockwaves being emitted from Sonic while transforming. this wouldn't take long at all, maybe one or two seconds, without camera zoom.

While flying around he should look more powerful as well. Higher speed, more energy around him and sparkles and stuff. SS shouldn't stay as powerful of course. Huge nerf preferably.

This goes for other power FS too (not stuff like Peach's and Kirby's). Zero laser and kamehameha (Lucario) both look quite powerful, but just not enough....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Those ideas about Mii being like that Robo-ky and the improvement of teh stage creator sounds incredible Mendez. You're definitely onto something.
A bit long-winded maybe, but...

Anyway, thanks. :)

As for the CS, I figured it would be complicated. Currently, stuff like that only exist for PC games (as far I know) and as you said, it will likely not be possible on Nintendo's next console, considering they prefer simpler stuff now.
I think Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 supports that sort of thing, but then, the company that makes those games has always been really into the whole community-made-content idea, so...

Also, that's the PS3.

Anyway...... One thing I would like to improve are the animations of powerful attacks, such as Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch, and FS. FP looks more powerful than in Melee imo, but they should have made it similar to N64, where it looked friggin' powerful. WP also looks less powerful in Brawl than in Melee.

And finally, FS. Ike's is pretty darn powerful looking, but what about Super Sonic?I'm not saying Smash should turn in DBZ, but it would be awesome if the Sonic to SS transformation actually looked like going Super Saiyan. Minus the unecessary stalling and screaming, just the screen violently shaking, golden aura, and huge, non damaging shockwaves being emitted from Sonic while transforming. this wouldn't take long at all, maybe one or two seconds, without camera zoom.

While flying around he should look more powerful as well. Higher speed, more energy around him and sparkles and stuff. SS shouldn't stay as powerful of course. Huge nerf preferably.

This goes for other power FS too (not stuff like Peach's and Kirby's). Zero laser and kamehameha (Lucario) both look quite powerful, but just not enough....
Oh yeah. Especially for the Falcon/Warlock Punches. There just needs to be more random particles flying off of C. Falcon's fist when it comes off.

On a related note, they need to bring back Kirby's voice actor from Smash 64. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7xg92aNrY :chuckle:

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
Yeah right on Mendez.

By the way, something I loved about Brawl was how the worlds came together so well in terms of SSE. It would have been nicer, however, to have seen that world broken up into the different zones like Kanto and Hyrule. That would have been interesting.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
As nostalgically perfect as Mega Man would be, the closer SFIV and that new vs. game come the more I think that it'd be kinda cool if Ryu were a theoretical Capcom rep too.

I mean...he's the symbol of two players kicking the crap out of eachother. Not to mention that there's so many genres in this game represented; from platformer games, to adventure games, flight simulators, RPGs, Strategy, various forms of action games, and maybe even some puzzle. So it seems only natural to eventually have a fighting game rep.

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, let's talk more about alt costumes. What could be used? The obvious stuff is Mario and Samus at least. I also think Bowser could have tons of stuff.

Samus would get: Dark Samus (Prime 3), Light Suit, Dark Suit, Fusion Suit, Varia Suit, and Hazard Suit. I hope they put enough time into this to make alternate suits, not just lame recolors.

Mario gets Fire Mario, Doctor Mario, Paper Mario Frog Mario, Racoon Mario, Caped mario, regular, and maybe some of the stuff from Galaxy, like Bee Mario. Luigi could get some of this as well. Well, maybe that was a bit too much.

Ike would get his.... Lord costume? I don't really know much abotu FE.

Bowser could get costumes from M&L. Bowletta look and Shroob Bowser. Maybe Paper Bowser too? While I'm at it, Yoshi could get Paper Yoshi, and Peach, Paper Peach.

Kirby really need to differentiate him self from Jiggly visually, so perhaps they could give him alt costumes that are from his games (Copied ability looks), but doesn't interefer with the hats Kirby get from copying Smashers. I dunno if this is possible though, as I never played any Kirby games.

If Ridley makes it in, Meta and Omega costumes.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Anyway, let's talk more about alt costumes. What could be used? The obvious stuff is Mario and Samus at least. I also think Bowser could have tons of stuff.

Samus would get: Dark Samus (Prime 3), Light Suit, Dark Suit, Fusion Suit, Varia Suit, and Hazard Suit. I hope they put enough time into this to make alternate suits, not just lame recolors.

Mario gets Fire Mario, Doctor Mario, Paper Mario Frog Mario, Racoon Mario, Caped mario, regular, and maybe some of the stuff from Galaxy, like Bee Mario. Luigi could get some of this as well. Well, maybe that was a bit too much.

Bowser could get costumes from M&L. Bowletta look and Shroob Bowser. Maybe Paper Bowser too? While I'm at it, Yoshi could get Paper Yoshi, and Peach, Paper Peach.

Kirby really need to differentiate him self from Jiggly visually, so perhaps they could give him alt costumes that are from his games (Copied ability looks), but doesn't interefer with the hats Kirby get from copying Smashers. I dunno if this is possible though, as I never played any Kirby games.

If Ridley makes it in, Meta and Omega costumes.
The Paper versions wouldn't really work unless they are actually 3D and just look 2D from whatever angle you're looking at them from. On the topic of alternate costumes, I hope that attack visuals and animations can be different while keeping the same priority, hitbox, lag, etc. For example, they could make the Birdo costume of Yoshi shoot the eggs out of her mouth instead of throw them. As long as the technical side of the attack stays the same I don't see why not.

And that raises another issue with alternate costumes. How unique would they be from their host? Would they have their own name and cheer? It wouldn't make sense for Daisy to receive a cheer for Peach when battling. On top of that, would they have their own collectible after beating Classic? There's a lot of issues when it comes to alternate costumes.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

This is Ikes Radiant Dawn appearence, but this is Ike 3 years older, so i don't know.

Also for alternate costumes for Link, Maybe his zora costume from Twilight Princess or his Fierce Diety from Majoras mask. I'll try to get pics up and more costume ideas

Sentey

Smash Cadet
if alternate costumes would change things such as taunts, classic completion trophys and such, why not just make a whole new character?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well Solid Snake should definetly get his MGS4 appearance as an alternate, plus like I said before better online but sometimes I think to myself that it won't really make a big differnce from brawl to SSB4 at least fromm Nintendo's perspective because c'mon, their online sucks badly, maybe microsoft should develop the next Nintendo system lol..

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
if alternate costumes would change things such as taunts, classic completion trophys and such, why not just make a whole new character?
Because it would mean that you would have to tweak certain attributes. If it's just an alt. costume/character, my guess is that they would require just the model and then get the animations from the original character.

Anyway, I think Ike needs to have his RD look. It suits him more with that big sword he has in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom