• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Also, it doesn't matter whether you're female or not.
Yeah. Random female characters shouldn't get shoved in just because there aren't as many female characters. Same goes with men. Only the ones that deserve it, like Krystal or Dixie Kong and King K. Rool or Ridley... not someone like Cooking Mama.
Mario the Jumpman:

Hotness has nothing to do with it! I already talk about that! Since I mentioned that for about the third time, you can probably guess why I want more playable females in SSB4 (and for the fourth time, it isn't hotness).
Well... why do you?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Mario the Jumpman:

Hotness has nothing to do with it! I already talk about that! Since I mentioned that for about the third time, you can probably guess why I want more playable females in SSB4 (and for the fourth time, it isn't hotness).
I'm all for equal rights between men and women, but the fact is, Nintendo's characters are generally men (at least, the ones that deserve representation). Which would you rather have--
having more male characters, most of which deserve to get in, or a bunch of insignificant female characters?

EDIT: Wow, both Wizzerd AND AceLucario beat me to it. This thread updates fast.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of Louie, I'm not quite sure whether or not he deserves to be in. Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never played Pikmin before), but doesn't he not have that much importance in the games? Is his role in the games significant enough to make him playable (this could change with Pikmin 3, of course)?

um olimar is based on mario and louie is based off luigi

oli(mar)
(l)o(ui)e
(the creator said it was)
hes the equivelnt of luigi. hes is becase hes playable and hesthe reason your able to go to the 4th stage yah hes prety important

Clownbot

Smash Lord
um olimar is based on mario and louie is based off luigi

oli(mar)
(l)o(ui)e
(the creator said it was)
hes the equivelnt of luigi. hes is becase hes playable and hesthe reason your able to go to the 4th stage yah hes prety important
I guess I wouldn't mind him, but he seems like he could easily be a clone of Olimar (once again, I haven't played Pikmin, so I shouldn't be one to judge, but still...)

EDIT: I'm not a Smash n00b any more. Sweetness.

Also, I think I have a pretty good idea for a shock character: Bubbles from Clu Clu Land.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
But the reason many females get support is by-and-large because they are hot- look at Ivy and Taki in Soul Calibur. Looking at them from a purely objective standpoint, the only ones who deserve it at all are Lip and to a lesser extent Captain Syrup. All of the rest are dated(Lyn), not the most deserving in the franchise(Dixie Kong) or have a series without a need for reps and no character less significant to cut for them(Krystal).
Mario the Jumpman:

Nintendo should cut Falco/Wolf anyway to make room for the blue fox lady. And you do realize that some gamers and game programmers are immature and lack intelligence (I'm talking about you, Dead or Alive fanboys!). Immature boys like that should still be using pacifiers.:laugh: And some game designers are greedy. In Death Note, Teru Mikami killed off Demegawa just for being greedy, and he might have costed Kira some supporters.

And a response to Clownbot: I would choose characters that I want, even if it means cutting other characters that some other people like. I do not see why some people like Roy and Pichu so much. And posting reasons why most likely will not change my opinion. And I'll admit that I have trouble accepting certain opinions, but I don't see any good enough reason to have certain opinions.

The reason I want more female characters in Smash 4 is because I'm all for equal rights for men and women. And I cannot handle sexism very well, even if it's just joking.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The reason I want more female characters in Smash 4 is because I'm all for equal rights for men and women. And I cannot handle sexism very well, even if it's just joking.
So am I. So are most other people on this thread, I bet. But we shouldn't cut important characters to add female characters that are less significant.

Also, just FYI, I don't have a bad opinion about Krystal at all. My opinion of her is actually pretty neutral, I guess.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sorry to seem pushy here, but...

Does anyone else think that Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) would make an awesome 3rd party character?

I mean, I know he's not the most talked-about choice, but he's got all the requirements met, and he's a ****ING NINJA as well.
Furniture (Animal Crossing):

Kind of like Poke Balls and Assist Trophies, but rather than pokemon/people, a random piece of furniture from AC would pop up. Depending on what it is, it could have some sort of effect on anyone who comes into contact with it, or it could just add an obstacle to the stage.

Also, I think I have a pretty good idea for a shock character: Bubbles from Clu Clu Land.
Any feedback for these suggestions?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Am am too, and I'm sure Nintendo is, also.
So don't worry about it bud!
I'm sure the choices Nintendo makes well be fair for both men and women. :)
then why are all peaches moves sexist

frying pan yah she so deseves to be in the kitchen like women n hte 1800s
her most powerful move is her butt too

lol jk just wanted to add that

btw the move set i gave louie woldnt make him a clone

Tacel

Smash Lord
Any feedback for these suggestions?
Oh, yes.

I like the furniture idea a lot!
I think it would be a very unique item, considering it adds as an obstacle.

Speaking of Animal Crossing in Smash... does anyone else think K.K. or Tom Nook should be a character in Smash 4?
then why are all peaches moves sexist

frying pan yah she so deseves to be in the kitchen like women n hte 1800s
her most powerful move is her butt too

lol jk just wanted to add that
Hahaha!
I never thought of it that way.
Tsk tsk tsk... Mario the Jumpman will quote you... and it won't be pretty.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yes.

Speaking of Animal Crossing in Smash... does anyone else think K.K. or Tom Nook should be a character in Smash 4?

Yeah I posted earlier that if I could add any character it would be KK Slider....

Imagine him jumping around smashing people with his guitar, or perhaps lulling them asleep with some soft strumming?

Only issue is violence and Animal Crossing seem very different

Tacel

Smash Lord
That sounds horrible. What kind of moves would they have...?
For just a normal character...
Shovels for digging holes in the ground that characters can fall into,
Fishing Rods for grabbing and clinging on to the edge of stages,
Axes for hitting,
Butterfly Nets for swinging around in circles (if a character gets hit they get caught in it and thrown),
Umbrellas for recover back on stage...

Need I say more?

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman

See but if Nintendo do that then they are liable to a still common form of discrimination: Tokenism.

Tokenism is generally used in the workplace where someone is hired because the staff are severely lacking in someone from that racial/social/gender/sexual background. For example, hiring a black person simply because the business lacks black employees.

Sometimes the intentions of this are good, aiming not to discriminate by creating a balanced workforce and allowing minorities to emerge but it still is a form of discrimination: the person is still hired for their background not for their abilities as an employee. So race/gender/class is still an issue.

This is also common in the media: friends in their final series had Ross date a black paleontologist as there were complaints of no significant black characters on the show and in South Park the one black schoolchild is called Token to joke about this.

If we apply this to female characters in SSB (or black ones even) then we can see that they will still be falling into basing something on gender and not on skill or value and it means that the gender involved is still seen as a factor to Nintendo and that they are still unequal

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
See but if Nintendo do that then they are liable to a still common form of discrimination: Tokenism.

Tokenism is generally used in the workplace where someone is hired because the staff are severely lacking in someone from that racial/social/gender/sexual background. For example, hiring a black person simply because the business lacks black employees.

Sometimes the intentions of this are good, aiming not to discriminate by creating a balanced workforce and allowing minorities to emerge but it still is a form of discrimination: the person is still hired for their background not for their abilities as an employee. So race/gender/class is still an issue.

This is also common in the media: friends in their final series had Ross date a black paleontologist as there were complaints of no significant black characters on the show and in South Park the one black schoolchild is called Token to joke about this.

If we apply this to female characters in SSB (or black ones even) then we can see that they will still be falling into basing something on gender and not on skill or value and it means that the gender involved is still seen as a factor to Nintendo and that they are still unequal
Mario the Jumpman:

That's a pretty good explaination. I have never even heard of Tokenism till now.

To sundayseclipse: What is Peach's attack that involves her butt? That comment that said something about women in 1800's was totally unnecessary.

But if Nintendo could only add one new character to Smash 4's roster, I am hoping it would be the blue fox lady. If anybody wants me to stop calling Krystal that, please let me know. Thank you.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Tsk tsk tsk... Mario the Jumpman will quote you... and it won't be pretty.
To sundayseclipse: What is Peach's attack that involves her butt? That comment that said something about women in 1800's was totally unnecessary.
I totally called it!
:chuckle:

Anyway, does anyone like the idea of a Pokémon Trainer styled Young Link using his three masks from Majora's Mask?

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Mario the Jumpman:

That's a pretty good explaination. I have never even heard of Tokenism till now.

But if Nintendo could only add one new character to Smash 4's roster, I am hoping it would be the blue fox lady. If anybody wants me to stop calling Krystal that, please let me know. Thank you.

I do agree Krystal should be added and wolf removed (I love Falco!)

Is there any character from a recent game/franchise that could be used

By new I mean introduced on Wii or DS

Phoenix Wright perhaps? If not he would make a good assist trophy

suddenly OBJECTION taking up the screen and knocking off enemies

I ask this because I worry Nintendo is too reliant on the back catalogue but must need new ones to continue the SSB series

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
I do agree Krystal should be added and wolf removed (I love Falco!)

Is there any character from a recent game/franchise that could be used

By new I mean introduced on Wii or DS

Phoenix Wright perhaps? If not he would make a good assist trophy

suddenly OBJECTION taking up the screen and knocking off enemies

I ask this because I worry Nintendo is too reliant on the back catalogue but must need new ones to continue the SSB series
Wolf removed why?Krystal is not as important as him.And besides he won't let you do that lolz.;)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Tom Nook totally deserves a spot in SSB4. It's a significant and popular series, and it would serve as a rep for a new series. Yes, Animal Crossing isn't very violent, but neither was Gyromite and Tom Nook could easily use tools and shopping implements in a quite interesting moveset. Also, Tom Nook says in one of the games that he was once in a fight club and went undefeated.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Wolf removed why?Krystal is not as important as him.And besides he won't let you do that lolz.;)
"I can't let you do that, Star Fox!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBgvqy2iF4&feature=related
(Some inappropriate stuff in the video... you've been warned.)
Tom Nook totally deserves a spot in SSB4. It's a significant and popular series, and it would serve as a rep for a new series. Yes, Animal Crossing isn't very violent, but neither was Gyromite and Tom Nook could easily use tools and shopping implements in a quite interesting moveset. Also, Tom Nook says in one of the games that he was once in a fight club and went undefeated.
I agree.
If he was in Smash 4 I'd definitely play as him.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Seconded.

If, and only if, we really needed Krystal... ... ...sigh... ... ... ... ... ... ...then Krystal over Falco :ohwell:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Although Nintendo f****** screwed us over AGAIN with a new Kid Icarus (Really? We fans have been b****** over a new KI long before Brawl, and we get Punch-Out?!), I am genuinely excited for Golden Sun DS. I keep imagining in my mind what Brawl 2 would be like with Isaac as a playable character.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
mario jump man heres how the order of characters are put

HEROS

LACKY

VILLIAN

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

MECELANIOUS

thats how its almost is with every franchise in smash

wolf,its only been ayear since brawl came out, they're prbly working on it but thers not enough stuff to show , and plus we still have the big nintendo press confrence to look forward this year too. dont get your panties in a bunch just yet man

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh, yes.

Thanks for the feedback.

Animal Crossing definitely deserves representation in Smash; it's too bad Sakurai pretty much wrote off AC characters because they were "too peaceful" or some ****.

mario jump man heres how the order of characters are put

HEROS

LACKY

VILLIAN

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

MECELANIOUS

thats how its almost is with every franchise in smash
I dislike it when people assume that there's a certain pattern with representation; in some ways, it's like writing a character off because a certain other character hasn't appeared yet.
Like I said before, if you deserve to be in, you get in; that's the bottom line.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback.

I dislike it when people assume that there's a certain pattern with representation; in some ways, it's like writing a character off because a certain other character hasn't appeared yet.
Like I said before, if you deserve to be in, you get in; that's the bottom line.
you have to kinda agree most francheses its in that order for characters wiht more then one. but your right u deserve it you get in

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
To TheAceLucario: What are you thinking?! Tell me exactly why you think Jessie and James are the best villains ever?! And it had better be good!!

I also called Paul Silver's counterpart because they act so much alike, and Paul was inspired from Silver!! Jessie and James are so lame, I would like get Omega Tom Hanks(hilarious) to beat them up (if you don't know who Omega Tom Hanks is, go to Google and type in "mugen omega tom hanks." He's funny, Jessie and James are stupid).

And in addition to Silver, I would like to see Leaf as well in Smash 4 (I am hoping that she would be more fully clothed; her skirt is a bit short for my tastes). And I guess one of her Pokemon could be Jigglypuff. And if SSB4 only has room for 2 Pokemon Trainers in the playable roster, I would like Nintendo to include both Leaf AND Silver, even if it means cutting Red.

And here it is:

Jessie and James are lame!

:flame:
You're probably one of those people that only likes a girl if she looks good... probably not even that, only if she has good enough assets.. -.-

Silver and Paul act nothing alike. The strength of character that Silver has verses the stubborness that Paul has can not be measured. That's like comparing Lightning to a Volcano (THEY'RE BOTH HOT!). You might be able to compare Paul to the Gameboy Silver, but even he gains more character strength than Paul does. Paul just plain sucks.

Dude, Pikachu and Jigglypuff will never leave the Smash Bros universe. That leaves probably 2 slots for Pokemon characters (It's doubtful that they're planning on adding more than 4 people per series, or they'd have probably kept Dr Mario.). People Rioted when Mewtwo disappeared, but were placated with Lucario's adition. You really think that another super soldier like fighter with great mental ability would be droped in lieu of a second Pokemon Trainer? Also, why the frigging heck are you staring at Leaf's Skirt? Pervert. And the thing that makes me want to just outright stab you is the fact that you would want Red gone. Dude, that's like wanting the Legend of Zelda without Link, wanting Cereal without Milk, wanting to Swim without Water.... dude, it's just mested up. Red is the Origonal Pokemon Trainer, you facist *******. Go burn.

However, I will agree with you that Jessie and James sucks. They are sadly effected by the "Reverse Wine Effect". You know how Wine gets better as it ages? Lots of things do. People in general do better once they have matured. You let your money mature in the proper account, and it could pay off for you. Sex is better once you are older (and preferably married). However, there are lots of things that gets worse as you age, like certain types of food (milk especially), commedy acts (the same joke over and over again eventually stales out), and entertainment characters. Not all characters do (I think Ash has improved a lot since he got older, not to mention the improvement of his friends), but Jessie and James were at their best during the origonal series. They just sucked over time. The Cartoon Versions of te Transformers Series, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy are all examples of the "Reverse Wine Effect", which greatly hinders Jessie and James' capacity to do evil.

But, this is all simply opinion. I really do want to contribute more, but I want to finish my SSB4 Essay first.

:flame:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Truth. in fact I think Silver showed up in an intro, red hair and all. And I actually do eat cereal without milk.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Dude, that's like wanting the Legend of Zelda without Link, wanting Cereal without Milk, wanting to Swim without Water.... dude, it's just mested up. Red is the Origonal Pokemon Trainer, you facist *******. Go burn.
Wow, THAT'S the PERFECT way to react to another person's opinion!:bee:

SRSLY.

EDIT: Also, SpongeBob has a few dry spells here and there, but he can still be just as funny as he was when the show started.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Truth. in fact I think Silver showed up in an intro, red hair and all.
Yep. It was in the Japanese version of the "Legend of Raikou" intro. It was a cool intro that was STUPIDLY edited out of the English version when it aired outside of Japan. It had Silver and his Nidoking in it. Silver does exist in the Animéverse, though he probably acts exactly like his copy, Paul.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That sounds horrible. What kind of moves would they have...?
I imagine K K Slider to be a passive fighter.
Instead of worrying about attacking, he is more interested in playing his Guitar. Problem is, his guitar came from the Norse rock gods and when ever he plays a sting, the music will hurt an opponent.

Think I-no from guilty gear. K K Slider will always be holding his guitar.

AAA combo - KK Slider will string on his guitar making a sound wave of music appear in front of him. It goes for a short distance in front of him and has a cone like shape. It should also have the appearance of how real sound waves look.

Down B - Musical Circle - KK Slider will sit down and start playing music. Anyone that gets within the proximity circle this move produces will be damaged (but not knocked back until a certain length of exposure.) The move starts out with a small circle, but as KK plays longer, the circle grows to a specific size.

moves similar to that. He never directly attacks, but his music does.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I imagine K K Slider to be a passive fighter.
Instead of worrying about attacking, he is more interested in playing his Guitar. Problem is, his guitar came from the Norse rock gods and when ever he plays a sting, the music will hurt an opponent.

Think I-no from guilty gear. K K Slider will always be holding his guitar.

AAA combo - KK Slider will string on his guitar making a sound wave of music appear in front of him. It goes for a short distance in front of him and has a cone like shape. It should also have the appearance of how real sound waves look.

Down B - Musical Circle - KK Slider will sit down and start playing music. Anyone that gets within the proximity circle this move produces will be damaged (but not knocked back until a certain length of exposure.) The move starts out with a small circle, but as KK plays longer, the circle grows to a specific size.

moves similar to that. He never directly attacks, but his music does.
Mario the Jumpman:

That sounds pretty good. Personally, I believe the Animal Crosser would have the best chance of being Animal Crossing's rep for SSB4.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I'd say it's Tom Nook who has the best chance. He's quite important to the plot, he isn't generic like the Crosser and he gets more support.

Tacel

Smash Lord
My Animal Crosser moveset idea:

A: Punch
AA: Punch, Slashes Shovel sideways
AAA: Punch, Slashes Shovel sideways, kicks
Up A: Swings Umbrella up
Side A: Swings Axe left of right
Down A: Swings Umbrella Net in a sideways rotation. If a player gets hit by it, they get caught inside and thrown after the move is over
B: Aims Slingshot to where you want to shoot. The longer you wait, the more damage is made
Up B: Shoots into air and opens up Umbrella
Side B: Jabs with Shovel
Down B: Opens Umbrella and holds it sideways, shielding player. This bounces back any projectiles
Aerial A: Swings Axe around in circles
Aerial Front A: Jabs with closed Umbrella
Aerial Back A : Smacks with Watering Can
Final Smash: A big house falls from the sky, and if you're caught in it, you can't move. Furniture starts flying into the house and if you get it by any you get shot around. The ones that are stuck in the house can't move, but they get hit by all of the furniture, so they get a lot of damage.

Taunts:
Up: Twirls Umbrella
Side: Does the thing when you pay off your debt (Music plays, player smiles...)
Down: Waters ground and flowers bloom

Costumes:
Can switch from boy to girl and girl to boy
Shirts from game... (will vary)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Not to change the subject to much, but I was talking to a friend of mine on the whole SSB4 story fan Idea I keep mentioning, and he said that it was a little to graphic (or could be interpreted as too graphic.)

The scene in question was with Zero suit samus having been wounded in a battle with Ganondorf (I was going to have Ridley do it. I am still contemplating it.) She is lying there on a table looking like a stuffed toy with fluffing stick out of her side.

When characters touch her to turn her back to normal, she does not change.

Is it really that graphic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom