• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Not to change the subject to much, but I was talking to a friend of mine on the whole SSB4 story fan Idea I keep mentioning, and he said that it was a little to graphic (or could be interpreted as too graphic.)

The scene in question was with Zero suit samus having been wounded in a battle with Ganondorf (I was going to have Ridley do it. I am still contemplating it.) She is lying there on a table looking like a stuffed toy with fluffing stick out of her side.

When characters touch her to turn her back to normal, she does not change.

Is it really that graphic?
Well... I just don't think characters should die...
But it's not that graphic.

n88

Smash Lord
Smash is rated T for Teen. I don't think there are a lot of Teens who couldn't take that.

What do people think about the possibility of the girl from Muramasa getting in? For those who don't know, Muramasa was a game that impressed at E3. Click to find out more. http://wii.ign.com/objects/828/828151.html

What say you?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I do not believe so. That is hardly even unsuitable for General Audience.

C wut i did thar?
Yup.

Well... I just don't think characters should die...
But it's not that graphic.
Good. to see it is not that unsuitable. Also, I slightly disagree with the death of characters thing. I think characters should die. Adds more depth in a way.

In this write up I am making, I kill off Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Meta-Knight, all Boss characters that are not playable and I am thinking of killing off Mario (Optimus Prime style.)

Smash is rated T for Teen. I don't think there are a lot of Teens who couldn't take that.

What do people think about the possibility of the girl from Muramasa getting in? For those who don't know, Muramasa was a game that impressed at E3. Click to find out more. http://wii.ign.com/objects/828/828151.html

What say you?
I think she has little to no chance, but I would love to see her in the next smash.

Not much on Mario though, I do have the others planned to get offed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's pretty obvious what the fluff could be substituted for. Anyway, I would prefer that we have the characters themselves in the next game, not trophies, dolls, or whatever.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's pretty obvious what the fluff could be substituted for. Anyway, I would prefer that we have the characters themselves in the next game, not trophies, dolls, or whatever.
While that would be cool, my interpretation of smash was that it is a child playing with his toys. That he is using his action figures to act out these weird and odd battles.

In that sense, it makes the smash games almost meta in commentary and allows for them to take the piss out of Nintendo in a very humorous and enjoyable way.

n88

Smash Lord
Good. to see it is not that unsuitable. Also, I slightly disagree with the death of characters thing. I think characters should die. Adds more depth in a way.

In this write up I am making, I kill off Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Meta-Knight, all Boss characters that are not playable and I am thinking of killing off Mario (Optimus Prime style.)

I think she has little to no chance, but I would love to see her in the next smash.
Instead of killing all those guys, could you just kill MK three or four times??

Same here. I really hope she gets in though, as this is one of the first Wii games that isn't from one of Nintendo's staple series that I'm really excited about.

And I think drag0nscythe is right about the trophies. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why would it matter if they were dolls/trophies/whatever or not in comparison to being really them? If it was really them, then we'd probably get some garbage about some cross-dimension junk, which is really about the same, but more played out.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

What say you?
She looks awesome, but most likely an Assist Trophy if she is a Nintendo character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While that would be cool, my interpretation of smash was that it is a child playing with his toys. That he is using his action figures to act out these weird and odd battles.

In that sense, it makes the smash games almost meta in commentary and allows for them to take the piss out of Nintendo in a very humorous and enjoyable way.
You really don't need much of a justification of all the universes merging together for a game like Smash, but there are better ways to do it.

I also don't think that the story should be handled humorously. You have series like Metroid and Starfox which have very little humor, and it also takes away the serious aspect of the storyline.

n88

Smash Lord
You really don't need much of a justification of all the universes merging together for a game like Smash, but there are better ways to do it.

I also don't think that the story should be handled humorously. You have series like Metroid and Starfox which have very little humor, and it also takes away the serious aspect of the storyline.
Humor does not always take away from the seriousness of a storyline. Read Catch-22. And the humorous sections don't necessarily have to involve Metroid or Starfox. But there should be humor. It really helps.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'd say it's Tom Nook who has the best chance. He's quite important to the plot, he isn't generic like the Crosser and he gets more support.
Well... the Villager is the only person you actually play as... I'd say he's pretty important to the plot as well.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I think both series need to be interpreted differently from time to time. It is no fun if Batman was always Dark.

There needs to be humor. Humor makes the serious pill swallow easier.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Well... the Villager is the only person you actually play as... I'd say he's pretty important to the plot as well.
Animal Crosser has no set design. The customization aspect makes him/her feel awkward. Tom Nook has a set design, and could easily use the Crosser's tools in a moveset. Tom Nook also has far more support.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think both series need to be interpreted differently from time to time. It is no fun if Batman was always Dark.

There needs to be humor. Humor makes the serious pill swallow easier.
There's nothing wrong with humor, but it needs to be in the right places. I can't take Mewtwo's death seriously if he explodes into a ball of fluff. Better uses of humor would be like:

1. Luigi constantly getting ignored.
2. Snake stalking Samus.
3. Peach whacking Bowser with a frying pan.
4. Characters wondering why Link won't talk.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Animal Crosser has no set design. The customization aspect makes him/her feel awkward. Tom Nook has a set design, and could easily use the Crosser's tools in a moveset. Tom Nook also has far more support.
It's rather simple; use his number ball shirts as different costumes; the set one being his 1-ball shirt. Also, Tom Nook seems to have had a lot more support back before Brawl's release. I'd say the popularity level of each is pretty even, at least somewhat close.

2. Snake stalking Samus.
KumaOso just gave me the perfect storyline for SSB4.:bee:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
But the idea of Animal Crosser is that "you" are that character. That is one reason why Pokemon Trainer has his name as such.

Also, it would be odd to have a side character enter before the main character. But that is hardly an excuse to exclude Ton Nook entirely.

There's nothing wrong with humor, but it needs to be in the right places. I can't take Mewtwo's death seriously if he explodes into a ball of fluff. Better uses of humor would be like:

2. Snake stalking Samus.
It is not supposed to be taken to seriously. It is a Nintendo and kids game (even though it has the rating of Teen.) The fluff would be there to lessen the mood and make it not so serious, considering I want to destroy Peaches Castle, have demonic possession of Palutina by Dark matter, have Meta-knight die, and who know what else I think off as I finish it off, the seriousness needs to be down played slightly.

I do like those sources of humor though. I will think about that when I start doing pairings for the rest of the idea. I have only written the first five missions.

EDIT: Oh another thing, the humor you mentioned would work great for a very long running story. I am keeping it to 30 light missions. It might be enough time to pull those off, but it would feel rushed.

n88

Smash Lord

2. Snake stalking Samus.
He didn't say what the humor was going to be like, although thesee are good examples of waht it should be.

But the idea of Animal Crosser is that "you" are that character. That is one reason why Pokemon Trainer has his name as such.

Also, it would be odd to have a side character enter before the main character. But that is hardly an excuse to exclude Ton Nook entirely.
IMO, the jury is out on Animal Crosser. Too close to call. It's all up to Sakurai. Pick your cliche.

Isn't having two converstions great?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
He didn't say what the humor was going to be like, although these are good examples of waht it should be.
I think the humor should be dark humor with odd things going on. (Think Excel Saga like). I think humor could come from the story being taken very seriously, and then characters are getting turned into Stuffed dolls.

A character over reacting to someone being turned into a doll for instance. But that does not have to be the only humor.

that is just how I would like to see it. Humor that takes the piss out of itself.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

I never outright denied Tom's chances, I'd just expect the Crosser in before him.

IMO, the jury is out on Animal Crosser. Too close to call. It's all up to Sakurai. Pick your cliche.
If Sakurai's heading the next game, I am sorry to say that we may not see Crosser OR Nook.:(

Isn't having two converstions great?
You know it.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
The best Smash players should brainwash Sakurai, taking away all his free will and make it so he only obeys his brainwashers. That way, we could get Krystal and Geno for Smash 4! Although the brainwashing only leaves enough free will to let him exclude characters with non-game origins!

n88

Smash Lord
You'd brainwash Sakurai to get... Krystal and Geno? What the hell?
My thoughts exactly. If Sakurai was brainwashed smashers should make him...

1)Declone Ganondorf
2)Add Ridley
3)Remove Tripping
4)Punch himself in the face repeatedly
9,999,999,999)Add Geno and Krystal

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
My thoughts exactly. If Sakurai was brainwashed smashers should make him...

1)Declone Ganondorf by keeping his moveset in brawl and adding a Down B move that makes him pull out his sword. Giving him another A moveset and more B moves
2)Add Ridley
3)Remove random Tripping (keep it if a character changes direction way to fast, Short hops to much, wave dashes to much, and banana peel slips)
9,999,999,999)Add Geno and Krystal

fixed.
I think tripping is fine, it just does not need to be random.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the humor should be dark humor with odd things going on. (Think Excel Saga like). I think humor could come from the story being taken very seriously, and then characters are getting turned into Stuffed dolls.

A character over reacting to someone being turned into a doll for instance. But that does not have to be the only humor.

that is just how I would like to see it. Humor that takes the piss out of itself.
When you put it that way, it seems like a pretty good idea. Although, I want the characters to be the original characters themselves. Turning them into stuffed dolls and the others crying into narm territory would be hilarious though.

Can there be a single dark mission where things are "Going Too Far?"

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
When you put it that way, it seems like a pretty good idea. Although, I want the characters to be the original characters themselves. Turning them into stuffed dolls and the others crying into narm territory would be hilarious though.

Can there be a single dark mission where things are "Going Too Far?"
Depends on how going to far is?

Most of the ideas I came up with were weird. for instance, the first Dark mission was you supposed to be Bowser running through the mushroom kingdom, stomping on many different kinds of toads (each acting similar to Bowser's troops) to get to the city Wario lives in.

What do you have in mind as "going to far".,

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The best Smash players should brainwash Sakurai, taking away all his free will and make it so he only obeys his brainwashers. That way, we could get Krystal and Geno for Smash 4! Although the brainwashing only leaves enough free will to let him exclude characters with non-game origins!
Dude, are you serious? Don't you think you're going a little too far?

Meet me under the Brooklyn Bridge at midnight, we'll talk there.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Dude, are you serious? Don't you think you're going a little too far?

Meet me under the Brooklyn Bridge at midnight, we'll talk there.
Mario the Jumpman:

Sakurai messed up certain parts of Brawl. Those parts include random tripping, unreliable servers, and useless content. Not to mention any other game designer would not get the Smash experience right. And Sakurai would intentionally ruin the competitiveness of Smash 4 if he wasn't brainwashed. Although making him punch himself in the face may be unnecessary.

Can you come up with another way to handle the problem?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Mario the Jumpman:
Sakurai messed up certain parts of Brawl. Those parts include random tripping, unreliable servers, and useless content. Not to mention any other game designer would not get the Smash experience right. And Sakurai would intentionally ruin the competitiveness of Smash 4 if he wasn't brainwashed. Although making him punch himself in the face may be unnecessary.

Can you come up with another way to handle the problem?
I have to agree with you to a certain extent, but it's not like Brawl is a terrible game or anything. There are just a few loose screws that need to be tightened, and a few features (random tripping, stickers, masterpieces, etc.) that can be removed.

Also, punching him in the face IS unnecessary, but it'd still be fun.:bee:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Stickers aren't bad in my opinion. There should just be a mode that allows you to actually use them against someone. Heck, they probably don't take up that much space anyways. (If they were never added, there certainly would not be a new character to take their place. Same goes for the masterpieces, though they really don't need to show up again.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Depends on how going to far is?

Most of the ideas I came up with were weird. for instance, the first Dark mission was you supposed to be Bowser running through the mushroom kingdom, stomping on many different kinds of toads (each acting similar to Bowser's troops) to get to the city Wario lives in.

What do you have in mind as "going to far".,
"Going Too Far" is the name of the final episode of Excel Saga. It was made to be so obscene and violent that it was never broadcasted in Japan and only appeared on the DVDs. I thought you would catch the reference.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Stickers aren't bad in my opinion. There should just be a mode that allows you to actually use them against someone. Heck, they probably don't take up that much space anyways. (If they were never added, there certainly would not be a new character to take their place. Same goes for the masterpieces, though they really don't need to show up again.)
I guess I don't mind stickers, and you're probably right about them not taking up too much space, but we already have collectibles in the form of trophies, and I really don't think many people used them in the SSE.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I guess I don't mind stickers, and you're probably right about them not taking up too much space, but we already have collectibles in the form of trophies, and I really don't think many people used them in the SSE.
Maybe they didn't but they sure seemed helpful to me when I tried to beat SSE on Intense. Of course I was only doing that to get more stickers anyways. (Curse you Kraid and Ridley stickers. Why can't I find you?!)

Anyways, the one new feature to Brawl that probably did take up enough space that a character could probably be inserted if it was removed was the My Music. From my understanding, music in a video game takes up a large amount of space, and given Brawl's huge soundtrack, that should have been a killer.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I really don't think many people used them in the SSE.
I agree.
My brother and I went through the whole SSE and forgot to use any stickers.
I guess that they would be useful, though.
Anyways, the one new feature to Brawl that probably did take up enough space that a character could probably be inserted if it was removed was the My Music.
Yeah, but I'm happy they kept the music.
The music in Brawl is amazing!

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well i've worked a little on the two newer characters I'd like to see added to the next game: KK Slider and Phoenix Wright

KK Slider's smashes would involve him attacking the player with his guitar similar to how other characters have swords...His forward B could consist of a spinning attacking using the guitar, down B would cause him to violently strum a song sending shockwaves around him, his neutral B would be him playing a lullaby song sending nearby players to sleep. I am unsure on Up B and final smash

For Phoenix Wright his final smash has to be his infamous OBJECTION!!! Filling up the screen and possibly one of his B moves could be a reflector of sorts, fitting into his lawyer character...

Anything anyone else could add?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
"Going Too Far" is the name of the final episode of Excel Saga. It was made to be so obscene and violent that it was never broadcasted in Japan and only appeared on the DVDs. I thought you would catch the reference.
I did see the reference, but I guess it did not really register.
oops.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I agree.
My brother and I went through the whole SSE and forgot to use any stickers.
I guess that they would be useful, though.
Forgot to use them? I didn't even know they were usable until I was in the Great Maze!

Yeah, but I'm happy they kept the music.
The music in Brawl is amazing!
Yes it is, good sir. Yes it is.

n88

Smash Lord
1)Stickers should stay, there should be a stickers option in Special Brawl, so you can actually use them for something besides SSE

2)Brawl's music is amazing, and shouuld stay.

I posted this a while ago, but it was drowned out very quickly, so I thought it was worth another mention. What do people think about Momohime, the hero of Muramasa, making it into Smash, as she looks like an interesting character (Captain Tights + Marth?) and potentially a great game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom