• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Paper Mario should totally be his own character, in my opinion. He is unique from Mario in so many ways.
Yeah, he is pretty unique.
I agree. Paper Mario has his own, popular series with three games he stars in, and he's far more different then any other "second version" of a character (Young Link, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, although canonically all the versions of Link are different characters).

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I agree. Paper Mario has his own, popular series with three games he stars in, and he's far more different then any other "second version" of a character (Young Link, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, although canonically all the versions of Link are different characters).
But tell me honestly. Look at Sakurai. Tell me with a straight face that Sakurai would make paper mario original?

As for me, I do not want to see paper mario playable. We have the mario series already being used, the paper version just seems stretching in a way.

but that is my opinion. I would rather see Bowser jr.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
But tell me honestly. Look at Sakurai. Tell me with a straight face that Sakurai would make paper mario original?
I honestly think Sakurai's learned his lesson with illogically cloning unrelated characters. He was hated on quite a bit for making Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon (though, in his defense, he had enough time at the end of Melee development to put in one original character or six clones, and he believed people would appreciate more characters), especially since Ganondorf had so much to draw from. He was also despised for cloning Toon Link, and Toon Link actually used arrows and bombs. Imagine how much people would hate him for cloning a character who has never used the moves of his counterpart!

Though Sakurai can be an idiot (three reps for Star Fox, no Ridley), so I can't put it past him.

As for me, I do not want to see paper mario playable. We have the mario series already being used, the paper version just seems stretching in a way.
Have you played a Paper Mario game? They are vastly different from the mainstream Mario games, and it's hard to think of Mario being Paper Mario.

but that is my opinion. I would rather see Bowser jr.
I would rather see Paper Mario, though I have to agree that Bowser Jr. is a bit more likely to be put in... but they are both quite deserving and both need in.

Also, Paper Mario would burn up if he used a fireball. Just saying.

EDIT: I was kind of a d*ck in this post. Sorry. :ohwell:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
and...and bowser jr. can transform into shadow mario!! in a zelda/sheik kind of way!! =]
Bowser Jr hasn't used Shadow Mario in a while, and the last Mario game Shadow Mario came from was in Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr hasn't used Shadow Mario in a while, and the last Mario game Shadow Mario came from was in Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.
I agree. Shadow Mario is kind of insignificant and Super Mario Sunshine wasn't very popular, though it's underrated in my opinion.

Steelia

Smash Champion
and...and bowser jr. can transform into shadow mario!! in a zelda/sheik kind of way!! =]
B-But, Paper Mario can transform, too! He can turn into a paper airplane to glide... maybe a sailboat... even a fruit roll-up! That'd certainly make him unique. :p (Though, as drag0nscythe already noted, you cannot tell me Sakurai would actually make him original... rather, make him properly.)

Bowser Jr.'s all right, I just don't get his hype. He's a Bowser wannabe, and his Shadow form's a Mario doppelganger... Each could be very unique, no doubt, what with Bowser Jr. carrying that paintbrush, and Shadow Mario doing... Shadow Mario... things... like running...
Still.

I know I'd love to see Paper Mario as playable. We need another flat character to coincide with Mr. Game & Watch. Paper Mario's got quite the reputation, and has a huge array of unique moves to work with.
Originality wins.

Mewtwo and Cut Company for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Paper Mario's got my support.~

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is one of the things that makes me question whether Sakurai should return. Sure, he came up with all the concepts that make Smash what it is, but he is not really using those concepts to their full potential. There's also the whole character thing. Seriously, Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik were planned? Toon Sheik doesn't even exist unless that referred to Tetra.

Actually, Shadow Mario was in Super Mario Galaxy. Although, no one knows if that was Bowser Jr.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Making Toon Zelda a playable character will anger a lot of people, like what happened with Toon Link. Not many people like the whole Toon clone thingy apparently. But it would be pretty fun. A faster Zelda. I couldn't see Tetra becoming a part of the roster.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Making Toon Zelda a playable character will anger a lot of people, like what happened with Toon Link. Not many people like the whole Toon clone thingy apparently. But it would be pretty fun. A faster Zelda. I couldn't see Tetra becoming a part of the roster.
I never understood why people hated the inclusion of Toon Link (and did this apply with Melee's Young Link? The general hatred of Melee's characters make it hard to say if people hated Young Link specifically, or the idea of clones).

The Zelda franchise has been split right down the middle: You have the adult Link Zelda games, and you have the young/toon (Chibi) Link Zelda games. Is it really so bad to have both Links? While one is probably more popular than the other, both are equally important. I'm surprised the Toon Zelda series has lasted, and been as well accepted, as long as it has. It would feel weird if they dropped the concept of a younger Link. Everyone wins.

For SSb4, which non-adult Link would you guys prefer, if you actually wanted another Link?

Young Link (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask)
Toon Link (Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks)
Young, Toon-like Link (Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, Minish Cap)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I am still trying to find out why they began with Adult Link when the true Link was a child. I can understand that they had planned to put both ages in and calling him "Adult Link" wouldn't be very catchy, but still. I loved Young Link so much more than Toon Link.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Is it the cartoony look of Toon Link that kills it for you?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I just get more out of Young Link than Toon. Realistic reasons. So yeah maybe it is cartoony look, but it isn't like I hate it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
For SSb4, which non-adult Link would you guys prefer, if you actually wanted another Link?

Young Link (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask)
Toon Link (Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks)
Young, Toon-like Link (Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, Minish Cap)
Well... hmm. That really is a tough one.

My favorite Zelda title IS Wind Waker, with Toon Link (originally Wind Waker Link) being the star. He has a lot of character (moreso than his anger-issue Brawl counterpart), and has a wide variety of items to utilize from Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords (GCN), and the upcoming Spirit Tracks. Not like Sakurai really gives a **** about that, but still.

However, I'm more a supporter of Young Link, as I am a supporter of all the cut characters of Melee... Perhaps it's that fact, combined with how Young Link is the "true" Link of the Zelda series, that makes me think the way I do. Young Link was the star of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, arguably considered the best Zelda titles made (OoT at least having the "most popular Zelda title" award)... He has a lot of versatility over his older self, however he was incorrectly displayed in Melee as Sakurai was putting in clones to add more to the roster. Had he been PROPERLY represented, he likely could've been made into a completely fleshed out character, much like how Toon Link was misappropriately presented. Young Link could've had his masks from Majora's Mask as weapons, easily replaced Bombs with Bombchus, had the Fairy Slingshot, maybe even utilize the long-forgotten Megaton Hammer. He has quite the possibilities, if only given the chance to be declonified (or at least Luigified).

As for the Young, Toon-like Link... that's the only young Link form that hasn't been presented in the Smash series. It'd be nice to see it, but likely won't happen as it's not the most popular incarnation of the younger Links.

~As usual, Mewtwo and the other Fallen Brethren for Smash Bros. 4.
Younger Link incarnations for the win... so long as they are appropriately represented.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario would be less cloney as Toon Link.
^B= Parakoopa
vB= Vivian or Bow
<B= blue Koopa dude

F-Smash=Hammer
Final Smash=Star spirits
His rolling dodge would be rolled up mario.
Side step is turning side ways etc

BUT, we could have said the same with Toon Link, as he has the Skull hammer, Deku leaf & wand.
It really depends on how much effort Sakurai would put into it.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I am still trying to find out why they began with Adult Link when the true Link was a child. I can understand that they had planned to put both ages in and calling him "Adult Link" wouldn't be very catchy, but still. I loved Young Link so much more than Toon Link.
I think the default Link has been the older one because, going back to the older games, before OoT, Link was older. Going by the art for the older games, he was much closer to Adult Link than Young Link, so that's the image of him that's stuck as the default. And probably for as long as they keep making Smash games, older Link will be the default.

I do fully support Toon Link sticking around. The two branches of Zelda games, the semi-pseudo-realistic games and the toon ones, both should be represented, since both are popular. I just think he needs to be heavily decloned, especially in the specials department. He's got a grappling hook, leaf, the wind waker, bomb chus, and who knows what hell get in Spirit Tracks? There's so much more potential there.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I honestly think Sakurai's learned his lesson with illogically cloning unrelated characters. He was hated on quite a bit for making Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon (though, in his defense, he had enough time at the end of Melee development to put in one original character or six clones, and he believed people would appreciate more characters), especially since Ganondorf had so much to draw from. He was also despised for cloning Toon Link, and Toon Link actually used arrows and bombs. Imagine how much people would hate him for cloning a character who has never used the moves of his counterpart!

Though Sakurai can be an idiot (three reps for Star Fox, no Ridley), so I can't put it past him.
Last sentence proves my point though.

Have you played a Paper Mario game? They are vastly different from the mainstream Mario games, and it's hard to think of Mario being Paper Mario.
I played Super Paper Mario, and that is about it. Never did get the other ones. Missed them.

I would rather see Paper Mario, though I have to agree that Bowser Jr. is a bit more likely to be put in... but they are both quite deserving and both need in.
This is up to debate honestly. I didn't want Toon Link. I get annoyed when characters that share a name are put into a game (transformations are okay. It is only one character slot) While they have the potential to not be clones, something about seeing the name of a character already in there mentally biases an opinion. While it does not matter, I can see many jokes coming out from magazines if Paper mario is playable.

"What, another Mario. As if Mario, and Dr. Mario wan't enough. Well folks, good news to all you mario and Link fans out there. Half the cast of the upcoming smash will be nothing but Mario and Link.

We have
Mario
Paper Mario
Dr. Mario
Tanooki Mario
Link
Young Link
Toon Link
Wolf Link
Bunny Link

and for some added flair

Samus
Zero suit Samus
Dark Samus

Also, Paper Mario would burn up if he used a fireball. Just saying.
True. True.

EDIT: I was kind of a d*ck in this post. Sorry. :ohwell:
You were so mean. :cry:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I've gone back to lurking for the most part, but this was enough to get me to post again lol.

Mewtwo improvements for SSB4 (Tell me what you think)

-Grapple
If Mewtwo can use a grab that worked like a grappling hook with out the hook and tether then it would show some credibility to his "Psychic" powers, allowing a "Force choke hold" that would bring the enemy close then a throw.

-Pressure
In the Pokemon series, Pressure accelerates the PP counter of the enemy making the enemy's attacks run out of power quicker.
Theres this mechanic in Brawl & SSB1 that weakens the blow of each attack everytime you use it. This encourages fighters to use different moves. Lucario has an Aura ability. But if Mewtwo's Pressure ability came into play in a Smash game; Then every hit done to Mewtwo will accelerate the "degrade counter" forcing players to constantly use different moves.
IE;
It takes 4 to 5 22% F-smashes to degrade to 15%.
When hitting Mewtwo it would take 1 to 2 F-smashes to reduce 22% to 15%.
Note that Knockback is also degraded.:)
I like that "Pressure" idea, and several of us have said that a grapple grab would make sense for Mewtwo.

Cont
(typing from PS3=limited text=i need another post to reset the text counter)

Barrier-
Mewtwo needs a true reflect.
Fox's reflect shines you off & what not. But barrier should work like;
If barrier is used within your space, it will push you at a distance with no damage. (Like Game & Watch's UP-air)
This might be broken as hell since you can reflect & "shine" off anyone trying to recover back to the stage.
You could also use it as pure defensive game as before you get wacked with DEDEDE's hammer, you can space with barrier. But DEDEDE's hammer has some long range an will hit you anyway.
OH BUT WHATS THIS? Knockback decreased?!
Broken move? Not quite. Barrier will also drain your L R sheilds like a mother ****er. So there.

Another thought.
In Melee a Charged F-smash with Mewtwo does 14% & 20% if sweet spotted. Everyone else does a standard 20% with the C-stick.
I dont mind Mewtwo being completely useless with mobility, but wtf, buff him up.
OKAY... I LOVE the barrier idea! Mewtwo with a great recovery and a SHINE?!?!?! That would be so good I'd abuse it.

*Sigh* a fully charged F-Smash in Melee does 27% damage, on par with C. Flacon's in terms of reach and knockback. You clearly are missing the sweetspot sir...

Certainly some interesting things there, Neckbeard Torterra. Wouldn't've thought of giving Mewtwo a kind of grappling hook effect. He's certainly more than capable of doing it. (That was one of the attributes I was hoping he kept, some kind of telekinetic extended grab. :p )

That Pressure ability is AWESOME. Mewtwo could seriously use that. If he were to utilize the same (or slightly boosted) stats from Melee, that ability would be a godsend in battle. Forcing your opponent to use other moves as their Pressure wears off is genius, and unique to him only.

Barrier... That was something I was also hoping he had. I shielded for the first time as Mewtwo in Melee and )': when I saw he didn't have his blue psychic force field from the 1st Pokemon movie. Though it does sound a tad off... certainly better than Disable or Confusion.

And, of course, having him beefed wouldn't hurt at all, either.

Mewtwo and Cut Company for Super Smash Bros. 4.
An added side of Deoxys, Darkrai, Rosalina, Adeleine and some others wouldn't hurt, either.
Yup. He's got to be the strongest playable pokemon, so you'd have to beef him up to put him above Charizard.

Why do people think that Mewtwo is coming back in SSB4? He's not getting anymore popular -- even with the release of Fire Red and Leaf Green, he wasn't back in Brawl.
He was going to be back in Brawl. Time constraints.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I have to say i would be okay with any non-adult link. I probably prefer Toon, but i don't care too much. I just want them decloned. Adult link in brawl seems like a fat lard who cannot run and jump. Seriously, the only reason he can beat his enemies is because he is nimble. Link is slowed down to have a difference from Toon link, so if Toon Link is decloned there'd be many more Link mains. I'm dissappointed that no one plays Link.

Also, if we add paper mario, he needs to be his own series. If he is mario, then he is in the mario series and most likely a clone. His series is way too different though and he needs to be represented like yoshi and wario as a subseries.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
eh i just wish link was so limited.
He needs to have boosted speed and better B's smashes thats all i really complain about
toon link needs his own move set. if they do that they can make paper mario have his own
also i wish it had more then 4 players. 4 gc 4 wii.
kinda surprised oh how the mewtwo thing is still going on.

Anyway if some characters that moved from assist trophy status to playable character status like lil mac and sakki who would take their place.

and oh yah bunny link and dr mario and any other costumes/ characters that dousnt have its own acual franchise should be skins but toon link and paper mario could be in

also ive been woundering, since nintendo has only a handful of origonal franchises what happens when they put every franchise they have in and made it to the peoples needs. would it expand to nintendo vs square enix vs sega vs sonny vs capcom vs konami. somthing among those lines are will it seace to exist after it uses all franchises

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Does Paper Mario need to be his own? Yoshi I understand since he has enough games to rep himself, Donkey Kong and Wario to. And Since Paper Mario always use a Special Hammers, Special Jumps, and Super Moves to defeat his enemies, he won't be a clone of Mario in Smash if his games only come from his Platformer games. ♥

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
♣ Does Paper Mario need to be his own? Yoshi I understand since he has enough games to rep himself, Donkey Kong and Wario to. And Since Paper Mario always use a Special Hammers, Special Jumps, and Super Moves to defeat his enemies, he won't be a clone of Mario in Smash if his games only come from his Platformer games. ♥
paper mario has enough games too. 3 is good while other characters have less such as pit and ice climbers. And if you want a character thats new well toon link only has 2 games going on 3. so more then likely he'll get a spot.Also sakurai was creative enough to give jiggily puff its own move set same with rob and ice climbers they can do the same for paper mario

n88

Smash Lord
We've heard it a thousand times, bring back Mewtwo, no more clones, free beer, no taxes, etc, etc, etc.
I support all these things, except maybe the beer, but what hasn't been said in the last thousand pages?

sundayseclipse asked about new ATs, anyone have thoughts on this?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm on the side of making Paper Mario a Super Mario rep. While Yoshi, Donkey Kong, & Wario (well...not so much Yoshi, but yeah...) have gotten their own cast of characters (especially DK & Wario), and their series have enough of its own content to warrant their status as stand-alone series moreso than spin-off, Super Paper Mario and its kin are, to me, Mario games.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Last sentence proves my point though.
I was just acknowledging that you had a point, not renouncing my opinion.

I played Super Paper Mario, and that is about it. Never did get the other ones. Missed them.
Go play 1 and 2 now, because they rock and they will show you how different the Paper Mario series is different from the Mario series.

This is up to debate honestly. I didn't want Toon Link. I get annoyed when characters that share a name are put into a game (transformations are okay. It is only one character slot) While they have the potential to not be clones, something about seeing the name of a character already in there mentally biases an opinion. While it does not matter, I can see many jokes coming out from magazines if Paper mario is playable.

"What, another Mario. As if Mario, and Dr. Mario wan't enough. Well folks, good news to all you mario and Link fans out there. Half the cast of the upcoming smash will be nothing but Mario and Link.

We have
Mario
Paper Mario
Dr. Mario
Tanooki Mario
Link
Young Link
Toon Link
Wolf Link
Bunny Link

and for some added flair

Samus
Zero suit Samus
Dark Samus
I doubt that people would react like that. There wasn't a big adverse reaction to Dr. Mario, Young Link or Toon Link.

True. True.
We don't want him burning up, do we? ;)

You were so mean. :cry:
I'm sorry. :(

Yes. Olimar had two games going into Brawl, and many other characters in Brawl have smaller roles. You have to account for how important the characters are- Paper Mario is the protagonist of three games in a well-selling series. Paper Mario may not have a high amount of games, but he's well-known and his games sold well. What matters is not so much the amount of games but significance.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yes. Olimar had two games going into Brawl, and many other characters in Brawl have smaller roles. You have to account for how important the characters are- Paper Mario is the protagonist of three games in a well-selling series. Paper Mario may not have a high amount of games, but he's well-known and his games sold well. What matters is not so much the amount of games but significance.
Given this logic, I can assume that you'd also agree to Toon Link branching into a rep-column of his own? It's no different to Mr. Paper's case, really. Toon Link's got a couple games out (Four Swords [GCN], Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, upcoming Spirit Tracks), and can probably pull off a few unique characters under his name (Toon Zelda/Tetra, maybe Toon Ganny, Vaati). Whether Sakurai wants to clonify them (which he very well might do) is up to him. They can always be made different, what with Toon Ganny carrying two blades and Tetra being so vastly different from Sheik in terms of personality and style.
...Erhem.
In any case, if Paper Mario DID branch off, I know I'd love to see a Pkmn Trainer-esque group of his buddies to go representing with him (Lady Bow and company from PM1; Vivian and company from PM2)... Paper Peach would be interesting SO LONG as she had a Shadow Peach transformation, as would Luigi with Mr. L.

~Mewtwo and Cut Comrades for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Branched franchises are cool... so long as they're represented accordingly/properly.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I think...
Get rid of the Lipstick, add some sort of new item, then give Lip an AT with the Lipstick's effect as well as just smacking you around.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Given this logic, I can assume that you'd also agree to Toon Link branching into a rep-column of his own? It's no different to Mr. Paper's case, really. Toon Link's got a couple games out (Four Swords [GCN], Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, upcoming Spirit Tracks), and can probably pull off a few unique characters under his name (Toon Zelda/Tetra, maybe Toon Ganny, Vaati). Whether Sakurai wants to clonify them (which he very well might do) is up to him. They can always be made different, what with Toon Ganny carrying two blades and Tetra being so vastly different from Sheik in terms of personality and style.
...Erhem.
In any case, if Paper Mario DID branch off, I know I'd love to see a Pkmn Trainer-esque group of his buddies to go representing with him (Lady Bow and company from PM1; Vivian and company from PM2)... Paper Peach would be interesting SO LONG as she had a Shadow Peach transformation, as would Luigi with Mr. L.

~Mewtwo and Cut Comrades for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Branched franchises are cool... so long as they're represented accordingly/properly.
The "Toon" subseries isn't quite big enough for that right now (and technically the Four Swords games aren't part of it, since Toon Link uses the Wind Waker for a taunt), and neither is the Paper Mario series. However, both series could potentially grow, and if so, there's nothing wrong with Toon Zelda or Paper Luigi. But as of now, the Toon and Paper Mario series aren't big enough, and Tingle is a better option then Toon Zelda anyway.

If he gets in, I would personally like to see Paper Mario just use partners for some of his moves, not have a partner-switching mechanic, but I'm happy as long as he gets an original moveset.

I think...
Get rid of the Lipstick, add some sort of new item, then give Lip an AT with the Lipstick's effect as well as just smacking you around.
Lip deserves it as a full playable character to represent Nintendo's puzzle series, and Lip's Stick can remain. Samus uses Screw Attack, and Screw Attack is an item. Whether things make sense has never been an issue in Smash.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Lip definitely deserves a roster slot. If any female needs to be added, it is her. As Wizzerd stated, we need at least one rep for puzzle games. Dr. Mario did it for Melee, but in Brawl, it has been skipped.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Lip definitely deserves a roster slot. If any female needs to be added, it is her. As Wizzerd stated, we need at least one rep for puzzle games. Dr. Mario did it for Melee, but in Brawl, it has been skipped.
I hear a lot of talk about Lip.
What makes her so important of a character that she deserves a slot on the roster? Memory serves me correct, there were other characters featured with her in said puzzle games. Why just her?
(I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking... Au contraire, I wish to be informed so I can give a little support. :chuckle: )

I figure if Lip WAS playable, Lip's Stick would no longer be an item... Good chance Lip could carry it, but drop it so it can be used in an item-like manner again. Just a thought.

~Mewtwo and Cut Company for Super Smash Bros. 4.
No tripping, please.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I hear a lot of talk about Lip.
What makes her so important of a character that she deserves a slot on the roster?
The simple fact that she was mentioned in Smash without actually being in it since Melee, from the debut of the Lip's Stick to her theme song on PictoChat. Keep in mind that there aren't many Nintendo puzzle games out there led by a specific character. Lip actually had an adventure in Panel de Pon. Even as a puzzler, it had a plot. Of course, Tetris is a more popular puzzler, but no characters represent that game.

Lip could have easily became an Assist Trophy for Brawl, but wasn't. So we can somewhat wish for possible playability for her in SSB4.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
The simple fact that she was mentioned in Smash without actually being in it since Melee, from the debut of the Lip's Stick to her theme song on PictoChat. Keep in mind that there aren't many Nintendo puzzle games out there led by a specific character. Lip actually had an adventure in Panel de Pon. Even as a puzzler, it had a plot. Of course, Tetris is a more popular puzzler, but no characters represent that game.

Lip could have easily became an Assist Trophy for Brawl, but wasn't. So we can somewhat wish for possible playability for her in SSB4.
Lip indeed would make a nice addition to the roster. But not being mean, but she hardly will make it in.

Because she is in the Japan fanservice, in a simple point of view. (Pit, on the otherside, was world-wide retro.)

I'm just speaking in a Brawl-based logic. But I'd like to see Lip as either a Playable Character or Assist Trophy.

By her skill, I see her more as an AT (calling down many garbage blocks from the Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack series).

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well, everyone keeps seeing Lip as a character with nothing but block-based attacks. But they have to remember that she is a flower fairy, so she can have attacks that involve flowers and nature and what not. Her attacks do not have to be with Lip's Stick and Panels. She has her own power, while Dr. Mario didn't.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Lip was the main character of Panel de Pon, the first in the line of puzzle games that includes things like Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League. (Yes, there were eight other fairies in the game with her, but she was the main character). The "Puzzle League" games, as they're usually called, are one of Nintendo's longest-running puzzle game series, and Lip is easily the most unique character to rep them (Tetris Attack used Mario characters and PPL used characters from the Pokemon anime). In short, Lip is easily one of the top candidates for giving some representation to Nintendo's puzzle games.

If the argument is about her moveset potential, she's most definitely got it. Fairy of Flowers, weilding her Lip's Stick, plus any panel/block attacks she could have. Yeah, she's set.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I doubt that people would react like that. There wasn't a big adverse reaction to Dr. Mario, Young Link or Toon Link.

When Resident Evil 0 was announced, everyone and there uncle went nuts calling the RE series out for constantly rewriting the beginning. I remember quite a few jokes about RE-5, the true true beginning.

I can see many doing it here. As I said though, nothing to major.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Lip was the main character of Panel de Pon, the first in the line of puzzle games that includes things like Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League. (Yes, there were eight other fairies in the game with her, but she was the main character). The "Puzzle League" games, as they're usually called, are one of Nintendo's longest-running puzzle game series, and Lip is easily the most unique character to rep them (Tetris Attack used Mario characters and PPL used characters from the Pokemon anime). In short, Lip is easily one of the top candidates for giving some representation to Nintendo's puzzle games.

If the argument is about her moveset potential, she's most definitely got it. Fairy of Flowers, weilding her Lip's Stick, plus any panel/block attacks she could have. Yeah, she's set.
You're awesome. Thanks.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I would love lip to be in but there are WAY MORE important females to be added 1st. Krystal and Lynn tops the charts.

I would also like to see more yoshi reps. KAMEK BABY!

Bowser JR would be nice as well a Waluigi.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I agree with Krystal, but Lyn, not so much. We need less swordsmans from Fire Emblem, well, less swordsmans in general. I'd hate for a female slot to be wasted on another swordsman.

Love for the Last Shiekah anyone?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
All this talk of my most wanted Smash character for more than eight years makes me want to post sprites of her again. I don't know why I stopped, maybe I was too afraid of the sig infractions without a sig... maybe it was because my ending theme on my last image was too big on post because they didn't mind the Lip ending sprite until I created another character that image was bigger. I think I might have the courage of posting her sprites as my ending post again without getting an infraction because it's counted as another sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom