• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
The problem with freezing is that if it's like the IC's freeze then the frozen character would get out of the freeze before you got the chance to attack. Plus in Smash Bros. when you get frozen you go up in the air, so you could only use u-tilt at the most.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The thing with Mewtwo is that he only really became popular because of the movie. Other than that, he would been just another legendary Pokemon, regardless of the fact that he was the first of them all.

Mewtwo is a walking, talking, humanoid Pokemon, so of course a decent playstyle was made for him to fit in Melee. But Lucario is the current humanoid Pokemon representing in Brawl. They won't just put some random, four-legged creature in SSB4 unless it is with a trainer.
Mewtwo became popular not only because of his movie, but also due to heavy merchandising before his movie came about (I remember seeing shelves of Pkmn Cards years back, the two mascots for the cards being Mewtwo and Pikachu as the card holders). And given he was pretty much unstoppable whenever you battled someone via link cable... Heh, that kind of helped him out, too. :p

Lucario also became popular because of a movie, but it was solely because of his movie that that came about. Sure, he was one of the first introduced 4th Gen Pokemon, but even then he hadn't really garnered a lot of attention. Had he not had his movie (and made the appearance in Brawl), he likely would've been shelved like a lot of newly-introduced Pokemon (you don't see Keckleon or Wailmer like you used to ): ).

Regardless, Lucario's also humanoid as you noted, just as Mewtwo is. Likely GAME FREAK would stick to that kind of method of choosing Poke-reps, just as people wanted Deoxys and Blaziken (two semi-humanoid creatures) to be playable. Ivysaur got lucky under Trainer... Jiggs has/had popularity, and Pikachu's the mascot. I don't really see them choosing anyone else but human-like creatures. The only one that may come close is Darkrai (fortunately, he has legs)... but if Ivysaur can work, hey, just about anyone can. :p

Either which way, Mewtwo and Cut Company for SSB4, and more representation for the more popular franchises this time around (more than 4 reps for Zelda, Pokemon (slots in the roster, anyway), Mario, and the like).

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would have liked it if Samus's charge shot was actually like her charge shot from the prime games...like, a smaller yellow orb, not an enormous thing of electricity. It looks more like the Wave beam.

And yeah, the Starfox characters had virtually NOTHING to work off of except for Landmasters.

But I have one thing to say: How would fan-wanted characters lower their chances? I mean, if Ridley was wanted by every person in the world, that wouldn't mean Sakurai would go, "Oh! Just a silly FAN WANTED CHARACTER. We can't have that in a FAN WANTED GAME."

Also, what Sakurai had said was, "He would have been pretty slow. Is that okay?" He said NOTHING along the REMOTE lines of, "too big for smash bros. and will never get in, even if hell freezes over and spews the fire from our oceans."

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
but if Ivysaur can work, hey, just about anyone can. :p
Great opposing post on all that except this. I don't know if you saw it, but I said that crawler Pokemon would be more suited with a Trainer, and Ivysaur is. Ivysaur couldn't possibly have worked on its own; it isn't popular at all. Also, take note that most of Ivysaur's attacks were made of mostly generic Vine Whip attacks and grabs. They couldn't do much more with it.

Basically, all I am saying is that Pokemon that can only crawl have very limited moveset qualities, which is why two-legged walking Pokemon make the majority. Ivysaur is the only crawler. lol

In my opinion on the whole Pokemon thing, they need to try not to focus THAT much on them. It will be years before SSB4 is released, and any perfect candidate for a Pokemon could happen within that time. Mewtwo will be left in the dust. He has not made any kind of epic appearance since the movie, unless I am missing something.

Then again, G&W has been left in the dark for years, but I still think he was added for the sake of something different, along with R.O.B.

So from the looks of things, Mewtwo and Lucario may not appear in Smash ever again, since they made their appearance in Smash for pretty much the same reasons.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Great opposing post on all that except this. I don't know if you saw it, but I said that crawler Pokemon would be more suited with a Trainer, and Ivysaur is. Ivysaur couldn't possibly have worked on its own; it isn't popular at all. Also, take note that most of Ivysaur's attacks were made of mostly generic Vine Whip attacks and grabs. They couldn't do much more with it.

Basically, all I am saying is that Pokemon that can only crawl have very limited moveset qualities, which is why two-legged walking Pokemon make the majority. Ivysaur is the only crawler. lol

In my opinion on the whole Pokemon thing, they need to try not to focus THAT much on them. It will be years before SSB4 is released, and any perfect candidate for a Pokemon could happen within that time. Mewtwo will be left in the dust. He has not made any kind of epic appearance since the movie, unless I am missing something.

Then again, G&W has been left in the dark for years, but I still think he was added for the sake of something different, along with R.O.B.

So from the looks of things, Mewtwo and Lucario may not appear in Smash ever again, since they made their appearance in Smash for pretty much the same reasons.
Thanks. :)
Pardon that, should've elaborated that four-legged Pokemon creatures could work, so long as they were under Trainers (I could easily see a Trainer having something like other Pkmn Starters such as Bayleef or *gasp* Mudkip, or even an Absol or Heatran, but never see them fly solo).
Crawling/armless Pkmn are very limited, and rarely are any so supported that they could be made solo like Mewtwo, Jiggs or even Pichu were. All normally depends on popularity, and/or how versatile the Pokemon are (as you mentioned earlier, humanoid Pokemon almost always = A-OK solo Pkmn).

For point of Mewtwo being left in the dust, that's a sad truth. However, I hold out some hope as... he's still a very popular/well-known Pokemon (especially amongst those who grew up with the 1st Generation); First Movie status; and being a rather well marketable Pokemon.
For his appearances... Actually, he's made a few modern comebacks.
His First Movie appearance was in 1998. He appeared in the anime a couple of times, whether in episodes as cameos or (the more frequent) openers... He's appeared semi-recently in the popular Pokemon manga (and "accidentally" kills off the major characters of the series). He's had his "Mewtwo Returns" special... He appeared in the "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" special as the lead Poke-villain (was released WITH the Lucario movie as an added bonus), the FireRed/LeafGreen games, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games... the Trading Card Game recently released two cards for him, exclusively 1 for Japan and the other for America... Then he also has a shot at being in the new Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes in his beloved Cerulean Cave.

Now take someone like Geno, who only made 1 full-game playable appearance back in 1996, and a semi-recent cameo in the Mario & Luigi game... yet his fanbase exploded into motion when it was learned that he had a chance of returning. If a 1-game 1-cameo character can have THAT much support, who's to say someone who's been around just as long cannot gain just as much? (And given he's appeared in a Smash title period gives him extra credit-reputation to reach playable status.)

Hmm. Probably went a little overboard there... :3

As usual, Mewtwo and the Fallen, return to us in Smash Bros. 4. May this inching pipe dream come to pass.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Thanks. :)
Pardon that, should've elaborated that four-legged Pokemon creatures could work, so long as they were under Trainers (I could easily see a Trainer having something like other Pkmn Starters such as Bayleef or *gasp* Mudkip, or even an Absol or Heatran, but never see them fly solo).
Crawling/armless Pkmn are very limited, and rarely are any so supported that they could be made solo like Mewtwo, Jiggs or even Pichu were. All normally depends on popularity, and/or how versatile the Pokemon are (as you mentioned earlier, humanoid Pokemon almost always = A-OK solo Pkmn).

For point of Mewtwo being left in the dust, that's a sad truth. However, I hold out some hope as... he's still a very popular/well-known Pokemon (especially amongst those who grew up with the 1st Generation); First Movie status; and being a rather well marketable Pokemon.
For his appearances... Actually, he's made a few modern comebacks.
His First Movie appearance was in 1998. He appeared in the anime a couple of times, whether in episodes as cameos or (the more frequent) openers... He's appeared semi-recently in the popular Pokemon manga (and "accidentally" kills off the major characters of the series). He's had his "Mewtwo Returns" special... He appeared in the "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" special as the lead Poke-villain (was released WITH the Lucario movie as an added bonus), the FireRed/LeafGreen games, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games... the Trading Card Game recently released two cards for him, exclusively 1 for Japan and the other for America... Then he also has a shot at being in the new Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes in his beloved Cerulean Cave.

Now take someone like Geno, who only made 1 full-game playable appearance back in 1996, and a semi-recent cameo in the Mario & Luigi game... yet his fanbase exploded into motion when it was learned that he had a chance of returning. If a 1-game 1-cameo character can have THAT much support, who's to say someone who's been around just as long cannot gain just as much? (And given he's appeared in a Smash title period gives him extra credit-reputation to reach playable status.)

Hmm. Probably went a little overboard there... :3

As usual, Mewtwo and the Fallen, return to us in Smash Bros. 4. May this inching pipe dream come to pass.
Freaking sweet. The more you know. Forgive my Pokemon ignorance. lol

Geno, to me, is more like a random character everyone chose to be a cool character. Another opposing factor is him not actually being "Geno", since Geno was the toy, not who he really was, which was a Star Person with an unspeakable name. lol

The only thing going for Geno is his collected disposition and his attire. But that was it. Super Mario RPG was a watered-down RPG as far as character development, which was something not really needed in a Mario game.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
How games work.
First game- oh neat
Second game- adds more, pretty much perfect. Just needs more. listen to fans.
3rd game- adds more, polishes, tries new things.
GREAT (but in SSBB's case, listen to fans and alot are disappointed.)
4th game (usually the most advertized)
-fixed, fixed.

And regardless of how much we would like another SSB, i hope i dont see one till the next Nintendo console.
IMAGINE;
Blu-ray disc, DLC.
Thats enough for an SSE but 3x longer with better graphics. The story could extend to puzzles to finding the triforce to destroying the Metroids to ridding of Darkmatter just in time to stop Omega Ridley & 03 from waking Arceus to judge mankind.
DLC? They might add a new character every year. Balancing issues?
FIXED WITH DLC!
Extended story? You bet!
Stages, items, music, etc

AND TO ADD TO THAT-
Heart Gold/Soul Siver might mean Mewtwo's return. (as he was in the original G/S)

zyth

Smash Lord
the only thing i can think of now is that there should be a custom character mode.

you could make humanoid characters, weapons characters, creature based characters, and even 2-d based characters like G&W.

For the move sets there could be a certain amount of moves you could give to a character with a certain fighting style or sizeto determine their range and such. you could also give some of their attacks special effects like fire, ice lightning, etc. off a point based system.

you could change their appearance voice and taunts too.

THAT would be freaking awesome

zyth

Smash Lord
new Characters I Want.

Mario: Toad, And Geno If Nintendo Makes A Deal With Square Enix.
Yoshi: Baby Mario.
Loz: tingle, Midna.
Metroid: Ridley.
Kirby: Gooey.
Pikmin: Louie.
F-zero: Samurai Goro.
Pokemon: Psychic Legendary From 5th Gen. If Not Then Meowth And An Upgraded Pt.
Sonic: Knuckles.
New Characters: Paper Mario (wouldn't Be A Clone Of Mario, Srslylol), Isaac, Animal Crosser/tom Nook.
Retro Character: Balloon Fighter(s)/balloon Kids, Lil Mac.
Third-party: Worm (from Worms).
nooooooooo!!!!!!

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
the only thing i can think of now is that there should be a custom character mode.

you could make humanoid characters, weapons characters, creature based characters, and even 2-d based characters like G&W.

For the move sets there could be a certain amount of moves you could give to a character with a certain fighting style or sizeto determine their range and such. you could also give some of their attacks special effects like fire, ice lightning, etc. off a point based system.

THAT would suck, 100% sure there'll be an abuse there, like some infinite or something, it's happened a LOT, I believe there's one in Soul Calibur? But I'm certain there's one in Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Smash Brothers is a game with characters from other games, not with invented characters.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
That would make Smash Bros. a different game. It sounds way to complicated as well, the way things are now are fine.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
EFFECTS! Smashbros has sum flashy elemental effects, but they do NOTHING!

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS IV
-ADDED GAMEPLAY-

Fire based moves have a 5% chance of inflicting a burn.
When burned- 1% damage is inflicted over 20 seconds and may cause you to use different moves when unintended. ROLLING, reduces the time.

Darkness energy based moves will deprive somebody's sheld much quicker.

Water based moves induces tripping more frequently when landing and running.
(soaking the enemy will do this)

Electric based moves have a 5% chance of stunning the enemy.
(Like Z-Samu's gun) This is a paralysing effect.

Grass? lol, you dont see alot of that, but a 5% chance of flower on the head should do.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
EFFECTS! Smashbros has sum flashy elemental effects, but they do NOTHING!

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS IV
-ADDED GAMEPLAY-

Fire based moves have a 5% chance of inflicting a burn.
When burned- 1% damage is inflicted over 20 seconds and may cause you to use different moves when unintended. ROLLING, reduces the time.

Darkness energy based moves will deprive somebody's sheld much quicker.

Water based moves induces tripping more frequently when landing and running.
(soaking the enemy will do this)

Electric based moves have a 5% chance of stunning the enemy.
(Like Z-Samu's gun) This is a paralysing effect.

Grass? lol, you dont see alot of that, but a 5% chance of flower on the head should do.
If this was done to the game, matches would be based more on luck than skill. Matches would be more lopsided then ever. What about characters like Pikachu who mostly have an effect on most of there attacks (As in Pikachu uses electricity for most of his attacks.) Would that mean that most of his attacks would have a 5% chance of stunning someone?

I do think it's a clever idea, but it just won't work in Smash Bros.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
If this was done to the game, matches would be based more on luck than skill. Matches would be more lopsided then ever. What about characters like Pikachu who mostly have an effect on most of there attacks (As in Pikachu uses electricity for most of his attacks.) Would that mean that most of his attacks would have a 5% chance of stunning someone?

I do think it's a clever idea, but it just won't work in Smash Bros.
Same. As random tripping was bullsh** to begin with.
But its perfect for Story mode since you wont piss anyone off this way. I think its messed up to see Snake on fire after Mario's F-smash but not take any damage from it.

It would be wonderful if he could take the extended damage for being on fire like that. 3% is all i ask of Sakurai.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

As said several times in this thread, this would not work in Smash. Besides, it would defeat the purpose of Smash. If we need another custom mode, I would like to see a custom costume mode. It would be kinda like the texture hacks and you can distribute them online. One day, I'd like to see this as a reality:
http://williamshade.deviantart.com/art/BLANKA-CHUUUUUUUUUUUUU-95748565

At the same time, I'd love to see a Samus-Chun-Li hybrid.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Same. As random tripping was bullsh** to begin with.
But its perfect for Story mode since you wont piss anyone off this way. I think its messed up to see Snake on fire after Mario's F-smash but not take any damage from it.

It would be wonderful if he could take the extended damage for being on fire like that. 3% is all i ask of Sakurai.
It would work for story mode pretty well. And Mario's f-smash technically does more damage with the fire because that is its sweetspot. If you were to get hit with only Mario's hand not the flame you receive a little less damage.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Freaking sweet. The more you know. Forgive my Pokemon ignorance. lol

Geno, to me, is more like a random character everyone chose to be a cool character. Another opposing factor is him not actually being "Geno", since Geno was the toy, not who he really was, which was a Star Person with an unspeakable name. lol

The only thing going for Geno is his collected disposition and his attire. But that was it. Super Mario RPG was a watered-down RPG as far as character development, which was something not really needed in a Mario game.
Heh, it's quite all right. Just an overly-enthusiastic Pokefan I am. :laugh:
And very good point with Geno. I totally forgot that the Geno we're really supporting is a star spirit... Good chance the toy is what the many fans of "Geno" are really supporting, the spirit-possessed doll.

And regardless of how much we would like another SSB, i hope i dont see one till the next Nintendo console.
IMAGINE;
Blu-ray disc, DLC.
Thats enough for an SSE but 3x longer with better graphics. The story could extend to puzzles to finding the triforce to destroying the Metroids to ridding of Darkmatter just in time to stop Omega Ridley & 03 from waking Arceus to judge mankind.
DLC? They might add a new character every year. Balancing issues?
FIXED WITH DLC!
Extended story? You bet!
Stages, items, music, etc

AND TO ADD TO THAT-
Heart Gold/Soul Siver might mean Mewtwo's return. (as he was in the original G/S)
Downloadable content? Erm... Well, it'd be nice if the future Nintendo console were compatibility with it, but all downloadable content is is stuff that WAS in the game, but was intentionally withheld so to make future profit with. It looks like the creators are selling completely made-from-scratch-never-was-on-the-disc stuff, when in reality they're selling stuff that COULD have been on the disc, but they "withheld" for the sake of money. (At least, this is what I've heard from various sources.)

(Ah, and Mewtwo was never in Gold/Silver... He was in Red/Blue/Yellow/Green, but neverrrrrr Gold/Silver or Crystal, even.)

Really, the closest we'd get to that... are Miis. I know I wouldn't mind seeing Miis duking it out on the playing field with an array of customizable attacks and whatnot, but as for creating actual characters? You're moreorless making hybrids... taking pieces of Sonic, adding in a pinch of Pikachu, topping it off with the hat of Mario and the tie of DK.
Yeeahhhhhhhh... Miis sound more Nintendo-like. :p

~Mewtwo and Cut Comrades for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Downloadable content compatibility would be lovely, but if they need two discs to hold stuff, be our guests.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Downloadable content? Erm... Well, it'd be nice if the future Nintendo console were compatibility with it, but all downloadable content is is stuff that WAS in the game, but was intentionally withheld so to make future profit with. It looks like the creators are selling completely made-from-scratch-never-was-on-the-disc stuff, when in reality they're selling stuff that COULD have been on the disc, but they "withheld" for the sake of money. (At least, this is what I've heard from various sources.)

Downloadable content compatibility would be lovely, but if they need two discs to hold stuff, be our guests.
This is why I hate DLC so much. This is why I never support it in any way also. As I said, keep it away from Smash. I do not want to have to download all the old cut reps because they decided to nix half the cast for the next game. They could pull a King of fighters on us. "we cut almost half the cast for balancing issues. Once they are perfect, we will slowly add back in all the cut characters (For a nominal fee of course)and even some new ones. Also, once the game has run its time, good luck finding all these wonderful DLC characters. we won't support them anymore."

zyth

Smash Lord
what i said about the custom character thing was something I could visualize and want to see. if you look at it as too hard to do and take up too much glitches then yeah its weak but if you just want to make someone for smash the way you wanted to then you understand how this idea is sweet

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
DLC is quite silly for a game like Smash Bros. The game needs some attention to balancing, but anything more than like two DLC stages, some music, and possibly one character wouldn't be bad. For a game like KoF, cutting characters for balance issues isn't bad because... well, it's a competitive fighter. Nothing bad there at all.

But in Smash... well, it needs a few fixes in the balance department, but it's a casual game... DLC would just give it bad rep.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
what i said about the custom character thing was something I could visualize and want to see. if you look at it as too hard to do and take up too much glitches then yeah its weak but if you just want to make someone for smash the way you wanted to then you understand how this idea is sweet
Depends on how it is done.
For instance, a creator would be great to allow people to make other characters from other games. For instance, if I could give someone a giant pipe, allow them to throw coins, give them a power up ability and a air attack like Marth, then I would jerry-rig Goemon into the game.

So it really depends on options. They would need alot of variations and attacks to truely make it great. (Not any of this over 100 combinations crap and then give you 3 of each attack. I mean at least 15 different attacks and three different ways for each attack to be done kind of thing.)

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
DLC might work as long as they don't overdo it.
I can't see a point for custom characters. They just don't seem to fit into the game. Plus giving you moves that you can choose for the custom character is just asking for another Meta Knight.
I think being able to change the color of your character is enough.

majora_787

Smash Hero
DLC might work as long as they don't overdo it.
I can't see a point for custom characters. They just don't seem to fit into the game. Plus giving you moves that you can choose for the custom character is just asking for another Meta Knight.
I think being able to change the color of your character is enough.
That IS another Meta Knight. Color and/or Costume is a good idea, but I also would like to see my achievement idea to unlock cosmetic weapons and outfits for characters.

Steelia

Smash Champion
That IS another Meta Knight. Color and/or Costume is a good idea, but I also would like to see my achievement idea to unlock cosmetic weapons and outfits for characters.
Outfits are YES. I would love to see Masked Dedede add-on to Dedede, or a Galacta Knight-esque Meta Knight... Maybe even Dr. Mario gear on Mario (if Doc isn't a separate playable character as he was in Melee/intended to be in Brawl), or Mr. L look for Luigi. Ninten scarf and accessories for Ness, Claus hairstyle for Lucas, perhaps a closer Daisy and Rosalina look for Peach... Quite a few possibilities with outfits, as there are many doppelganger variations/plain look-alikes of the main characters.

Mewtwo and Cut Co. for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Alternate outfits would be pretty sweet additions, too.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The talk of outfit clones is just what I need, and the recommendations Steelia made are too good.

Doing it this way will save from making a whole new character. A Rosalina look for Peach is pretty smart, and not as far as colors, but actually changing the form. I would like that even more. Maybe that could be a new thing. Wario presented this in Brawl.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
A Rosalina look for Peach is pretty smart, and not as far as colors, but actually changing the form.
The form change is a good idea to a certain extent. Peach and Rosalina is a good idea along with Mario and Dr. Mario. But something like Pikachu and Pichu wouldn't work due to their size difference

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The talk of outfit clones is just what I need, and the recommendations Steelia made are too good.

Doing it this way will save from making a whole new character. A Rosalina look for Peach is pretty smart, and not as far as colors, but actually changing the form. I would like that even more. Maybe that could be a new thing. Wario presented this in Brawl.
A genuine alt. would be a nice change. Along with the head being changed, the voice needs to be changed as well to match the character.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Agreed. This gets Daisy and Rosalina in.

Peach uses a frying pan, a tennis racket, and a golf club.
Rosalina could use her wands, matching the three above in size.

And instead of Peach's Toad, Rosalina could use Luma. And instead of a turnip, it could be a Star lump.

Of course, the mechanics will be no different.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
I think Rosalina should be a assist trophy due to the fact that she is different from peach and daisy. If you think about it rosalina is stronger and better then peach in every way(no offence to die hard fans)

in the lucaro/ mewtwo argument, eh we dont know most of the time. sakurai and his crazy ways well prbly exclude both from the game and make a 5 gen pokemon thats humanoid. if not darkrai well be put in(he wasnt in ssbb becuase he wasnt rellesed to the public yet)

on a different count the custom characters. custom characters would change the ballance alot. the best that he can do is custom cloths, outfits, textures, and also custom mimics. when u get to wifi everything goes to default so u cant do specific mimics or cloths over wifi except with frds.

clone characters that would be a custom skin for characters that are origonal.
i think that should only be a last resort if they cant change them, but this is for clones already in the game. characters like paper dr. mario should be skins. but charactes ppl think that should be put in but would be to much like the origonal ex paper mario should be skins, but only if they dont have ideas of how to change it.

btw you know what i hated. melle's roaster was triple that of 64's. but brawls added like less then 15 characters. before they add any new characters from franchises already in get all the characters that could be in as playables like lolo then get the assist trophys that are gona change to regular fighters like little mac or sakki. then get characters that would be put in from a franchise already in like waluigi or gooey. then u start working on 3rd party. then make the storyline. thats all i ask for

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Rosalina should be a Assist Trophy due to the fact that she is different from Peach and Daisy. If you think about it Rosalina is stronger and better then peach in every way, (no offense to die hard fans).
Looking at this re-memds me of that rumors that said that Rosalina was an Assist Trophy. I wish that was true if any Mario Galaxy was in Brawl that was. If she becomes a big importance to the Mario series then she might be a playable character since Daisy is no longer an importance to the main Mario series, (she's becoming Waluigi T_T). But most likely Rosalina is looking like an Assist Trophy, though it would be cool to have her play since she's mystic/magic and all, and we need more magic characters in Smash since we have too many mystic characters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
if not darkrai well be put in(he wasnt in ssbb becuase he wasnt rellesed to the public yet)
Um... What? Darkrai was officially unveiled in February of 2007. Brawl wasn't released for over a year after that.

btw you know what i hated. melle's roaster was triple that of 64's. but brawls added like less then 15 characters. before they add any new characters from franchises already in get all the characters that could be in as playables like lolo then get the assist trophys that are gona change to regular fighters like little mac or sakki. then get characters that would be put in from a franchise already in like waluigi or gooey. then u start working on 3rd party. then make the storyline. thats all i ask for
Please, Eclipse, type more slowly. I can barely read through this, but:

Smash 64 had 12 characters.

Melee had a total of 26, adding 14 characters (counting Zelda and Sheik separately).

Brawl's roster totals 39, with five cuts (Pichu, Roy, Doc, Young Link, Mewtwo), and 18 new characters (don't forget to count ZSS and all three of PT's Pokemon).

Melee didn't triple the roster, it went a little past doubling it. Either way, you can't compare it like that. You can't expect the roster to double or triple every game. 15 characters were added in Melee, and 18 in Brawl. There's hardly room for complaint in the rosters, except if you really feel like complaining about the lost five characters.

After that, you're asking for every series of Nintendo's to be repped before we add to existing franchises? That's asking a bit much. The rosters for series like Super Mario and Pokemon are going to keep expanding, with or without Nintendo's lesser-known ones. I'll agree that there are a few Assist Trophies with potential, though, like Isaac from Golden Sun.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I personally hate Assist Trophies. This gives 50/50 chances to wanted characters, like what they did with Isaac and Saki Amamiya.

And custom characters are one thing, but it is very unlikely, unless it is a texture thing, rather than creating a whole new character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally hate Assist Trophies. This gives 50/50 chances to wanted characters, like what they did with Isaac and Saki Amamiya.

And custom characters are one thing, but it is very unlikely, unless it is a texture thing, rather than creating a whole new character.
I consider assist trophies to be a mixed bag. Yes, wanted characters can get the boot through them, but it can also allow characters to get in the game moreso than other nonplayable characters.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I see people discussing clone/mesh/model changes for characters. When I first proposed the idea of using the wario system (model switch thing for wario) on gamefaqs along time ago, I kept getting blasted because people said only different clothes would work, not characters.

Good to see others here think differently. I say it would be great.

X button - cycle through 6 predefined colors and two slots for fan made colors
Y button - change the model you are using. (Best to keep it to either one or two new models.

Lets make a list.

Mario - Dr. Mario, Paper look
Luigi - Mr. L, Paper look
Peach - Daisy, Rosalina (or Peach with her hair up and a miniskirt)
Bowser - Dry Bones bowser
Bowser Jr. - Baby Bowser Look

etc.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Good to see others here think differently. I say it would be great.
Awesome community ftw

Mario - Dr. Mario, Paper look
Luigi - Mr. L, Paper look
Peach - Daisy, Rosalina (or Peach with her hair up and a miniskirt)
Bowser - Dry Bones bowser
Bowser Jr. - Baby Bowser Look

etc.
They sound like good ideas, I'm just not to sure if the paper mario look would work.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Heartz said:
Probably the only true fault with Assist Trophies; in a sense, they're used more for an "excuse" to slip characters in Sakurai doesn't deem worthy of Fighter-ifying, or whatever else reasons he has.

As for the earlier mentioned outfits, what I forgot to mention was, I would love the idea, so long as particular characters weren't put on that level when they could be made separate. I know I would love to see Rosalina as a fully playable, same going for Doc (though that's becoming relatively slim at this point), so seeing them as character outfits would be pretty disheartening. Even a Dark Samus outfit could be made for Samus, and like we need less Metroid representatives to work with.
Like Assist Trophies, the idea can go either way; a character you support could very well be simply placed under another. On the same level as how texture hacking works today, trying to recreate characters under others.
"It's just like the real thing!... except not exactly. But they're still pretty close, right?" <-- I could almost guarantee Sakurai would say something like that when introduced. :laugh:

Mewtwo and Cut Characters for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Outfits would be pretty sweet, too... so long as they don't go overboard with costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom