• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I think that SSB4 should include some characters from new Nintendo IPs released in the last couple of years. I also think they should bring in the last of the most deserving characters from Nintendo's past and present games such as Krystal, Mewtwo (who deserves to come back with a better moveset), Captain Syrup (if her character is enhanced in storyline or is a boss in the upcoming Wario Land game), and especially Isaac. O, word of warning, Isaac is a 3rd party character but his games's copyrights are owned by Nintendo (or something like that, I don't know what they do with contracts with exclusive 3rd parties).

I think the most deserving character in Nintendo's modern present would be Aisya from ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat. She has so much potential. Beside being one of the newest Nintendo published characters in the last two years, and beside being a heroine, which is very rare in the world of gaming, she consists of a delicate balance between a sword and shield, magic spells, and alchemic final finishes. I can see her as having moves "similar" to those of Link and Zelda. Definitely a character that has a chance, and if her game is ever released globally, I can see her becoming more popular with fan requests. :D

*So in all, I look forward to a minimum of 48 playable characters in the next game, at least 37 to 39 assist trophies, and better pokemon choices. I mean, what is with them still choosing Goldeen over Magikarp. It would be much cooler if we attacked that Magikarp and it would become a Gyarados that attacked with Hyper Beam to whomever attacked it last. A splashing Goldeen is such a waste of programming data.

For a storyline, I think it should just simply be a villains forming an evil alliance against the good guys and taking them out to rule the world in their own picture. Pretty obvious scenario. If you want a bigger picture, bring back Tabuu and give him an apprentice that will do his bidding of continuing to get matter. The apprentice, who should be an exclusive Smash character, who we can unlock to be playable, will convince the other villains that by joining him, he can give them their deepest desires become reality. That would be amazing. As for gameplay, it should not be a platformer that is tedious and repetitive. The characters should be able to do what they do in their original game franchises, like Mario and platforming and Marth and strategic battling. That would best represent the characters in their true image. O, they should also bring in a narrator to actually fill us in what the story is about. If we don't want to hear the narrator's voice, we are given the option to skip through it. That would be great for those who simply like to play and for those who love to read in the form of a video game.

As for added modes, its very difficult to say. What can we add to be honest? I think there should be more mini-games/event battles and battles against nonplayable characters from Nintendo history, (this isn't like boss battles with big characters) but rather fight those that could have been made playable but just didn't have the disc memory and fanbase to be made playable by the public. This concept is like battling assist trophies and making them bosses. (This refers to characters like Saki Amamiya and Samurai Goroh; not Kat and Ana, Tingle, or Jill Dozer).

Another mode I would put in, if given the chance, is to give your Nintendo character custom design. You can't make your own character, but you can edit the character you main with accessories like necklaces, hair designs/colors, hats, and clothing, to make them your own. Of course they would still maintain the same movelist, but they are designed in the way you want them to look. I think that makes perfect sense. We love to fight but choosing the character in the clothes we picked makes them feel better than color pallete swaps any day. (Bikini Zero Suit Samus or Thong-Wearing Snake anyone? ;)

The last new mode I would do is a race competition. Like a marathon, you and other opponents have to reach a destination in the fastest time. In doing so, you have to knock your opponent back while dodging the obstacles in the way. Pretty much that old game in the original SSB and Melee but completely utilized for multiplayer action and excitement. It sure is a heck better than beating that stupid Fighting Alloy team. Speaking of which, I would get rid of that feature and just bring back the silohouettes of characters like SSB had. Its much cooler than fighting generic enemies that only come in 4 shapes.

The only thing left to fix for SSB4 is the online system. Voice chat and a better Wifi system is what should be done. I don't mind friend codes, but I hope Nintendo does something to get with the ages. They consider safety first, but they also have to consider how to break the boundaries to grow.

That's about it for what I want and what I think should be an idealic guideline on the next SSB game. Bring in more controls/attacks (I think we will see diagonal attacks soon since there is no way to actually revolutionize the entire system of attack) with more techniques, have stages with free environments (just a few, not all for it would ruin a tradition in the series), more characters of contemporary and nostalgia, and more modes, with an Adventure game that is told in a great story and non-repetitive gameplay and I will consider it pretty much perfect. :D

Subach

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but think how awesome a Capcom vs Nintendo Smash type game would be.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I can't help but think how awesome a Capcom vs Nintendo Smash type game would be.

I like the idea but I can't help but feel that this would ruin the "integrity" of the SSB series. I think the only companies that can go against Nintendo in a "versus" game would be Sony and Microsoft. This game would have to be on all 3 platforms though and I don't think any of those companies are willing to do that since one console could sell that particular game more than the other two and that would result in lots of money wasted on helping a competitor. So yea, seeing it in a business point, that game of the millenium will never cease to exist.

Anyway, Capcom would be great but with their overuse of their characters with Marvel Comics to SNK, it makes me feel it will only be a cheap thrill and not a fighting game that can live down in history for being great overall. I'd buy it though, just to play Morrigan against Samus. :D

chckn

Smash Ace
wow lol almost 100 pages on a sequal to a game that came out like 6 months ago, well in my opinion they should just go back and recreate melee with newer characters and better graphics+online play, what they should have done for brawl

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
wow lol almost 100 pages on a sequal to a game that came out like 6 months ago, well in my opinion they should just go back and recreate melee with newer characters and better graphics+online play, what they should have done for brawl
QFT

Brawl is pretty cool ... for the casual gamer but it won't ever achieve the same level of competitiveness as Melee did.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No. By 'Brothers' I meant different games while staying in the Nintendo realm. You can't tell me that Megaman and Sonic are as close to Mario as DK or Pikachu are. Masterchief is also a great gaming protagonist, should he be added? Why don't they just throw in Marcus Fenix too? Goldeneye 007 was an awesome game, so shouldn't James Bond be put in the next SSB? I hope you see what I'm getting at. We can't just throw in every game character because people like them, it takes the spotlight away from the Nintendo stars for whom the game features.
It wouldn't be. I agree that we shouldn't have 10 third party characters. But four or five wouldn't be bad. To add, how do you think Snake got in? That's right, he got his start from Nintendo, so that means no Master Chief.. Sakurai said nothing outside of video games so James Bond wouldn't work because he got his start from movies. I have no clue who Marcus Fenix is (I think he's that guy from Mass Effect, so if he is see what I said about Master Chief).

Sonic is a must. Everybody wants Mario to fight Sonic. It is a bold faced lie if you deny that. Snake was in because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends, so if an SSB4 is made Snake will probably be in. Megaman is probable as he has a history on Nintendo consoles and was very wanted for Brawl. Issac from Golden Sun is also probable for the same reason as Megaman.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It wouldn't be. I agree that we shouldn't have 10 third party characters. But four or five wouldn't be bad. To add, how do you think Snake got in? That's right, he got his start from Nintendo, so that means no Master Chief.. Sakurai said nothing outside of video games so James Bond wouldn't work because he got his start from movies. I have no clue who Marcus Fenix is (I think he's that guy from Mass Effect, so if he is see what I said about Master Chief).

Sonic is a must. Everybody wants Mario to fight Sonic. It is a bold faced lie if you deny that. Snake was in because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends, so if an SSB4 is made Snake will probably be in. Megaman is probable as he has a history on Nintendo consoles and was very wanted for Brawl. Issac from Golden Sun is also probable for the same reason as Megaman.
As lumberheartwood said, Isaac is owned by Nintendo, despite being 3rd party. So his chances of being in a Smash game are, by default, much higher than Mega Man's (I'm not saying MM can't be included) plus after being an AT in Brawl, why not include him?

What's his name (the guy who created Mega Man) said he WANTED Mega Man in Brawl, but no one approached him about it. Besides, I think Sakurai would have to go through Capcom, not just MM's creator, to get those rights. If that's something that would take some time to do, he needs to get on it now.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SkylerOcon said:
Megaman X (considered by many to be the best game in the series) is still one of the best shooters ever made. Halo doesn't even compare.
*facepalm*

What?

Sorry, I was intending on reading the other posts, but this just caught me an wouldn't let go.
Are you on drugs, sir?

-Final-

Aria♪
I guess I'll write down some of my ideas for SSB4.

I think they should make it as competitive as melee, add in things they removed like dodging in different directions (to bring back wavedashing).

They should make a better stage builder and a better wi-fi, like being able to do stock matches w/ anyone.

Some characters I might want would be:

Wolf Link & Midna (LoZ)
Soren (Fire Emblem)
Dry Bones ( Super mario)

What do you think about these character ideas? None of them seem that likely to get into a smash bros. game, but I would still want them.

I will post more ideas later

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace

Crap. I lost the idea I was gonna post...

Meh. Guess I'll give my opinion on how competitive the game will be.

As much as I want advanced techniques back in (and I do), I don't want the next Smash to be just a carbon copy of Melee with online and added fluff. I know Melee was the pinnacle of competitive Smash. And I know Brawl is a bit lacking in the competitive department.

Don't bash me on that. All I want is something different. I would like to see something that appeals to both sides of the gaming coin greatly.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Could Mods make a seperate room for this or at least split thread for different improvements... too much to discuss here. Need seperate topic threads for:
1. Characters in next series
2. Adventure mode in next series
3. Game technique improvements
4. Other single player mode in next series
5. Levels/Music in next series.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
O, word of warning, Isaac is a 3rd party character but his games's copyrights are owned by Nintendo (or something like that, I don't know what they do with contracts with exclusive 3rd parties).
Which means he is 2nd party, as is his games.

Here's how it works

1st party-Console developer makes and publishes the game (Nintendo develops the game and it was published by Nintendo)
2nd party-Console developer publishes the game but did not make it (Camelot develops the game and Nintendo publishes it)
3rd party-Game is developed and publsihed by company(ies) outside of the console developer (Clover studios makes a game and Capcom published it).

Golden Sun is a 2nd party as Nintendo published it even though Camelot is not a developer owned by Nintendo

It's not owned by Nintendo IF
-If was not pusblished by Nintendo in all regions (Mischief Maker falls into this group)
-Game was originally published by another company before being developed by Nintendo (Baten Katos falls here. Was published by Namco first, then Nintendo)

Treasure is the odd ball. Nintendo holds the rights to Wario World and Sin and Punishment. Treasure usually owns their own games,

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I was bored out of my mind, so I did something. Something I'm ashamed off. LOOK AT IT!

Mega Man in SSB4!

A
Punch (3%)
A standard punch. Knockback is the same as Mario’s single punch.

A combo
Punch, Punch, Uppercut (3%, 3%, 5%)
Two punches, and an uppercut. Mega Man moves forward for the uppercut and hops off the ground with about the same height as Wolf’s UStrong. Knockback from the uppercut is the same as Mario’s UStrong.

FStrong
Buster Shot (12%)
Mega Man looses a brief burst of energy from his Mega Buster. This semi-projectile is identical to Lucario’s FStrong and has the same range. Knockback is about the same as Pit’s FStrong.

UStrong
Mega Uppercut (11%)
Mega Man hops upwards with an uppercut. He gains the same height as Wolf’s USmash. Knockback is about the same as Ness’s UStrong.

DStrong
Sweeper (13% front kick, 10% hind kick)
Mega Man does a low kick that sweeps around him. Knockback is about the same as Mario’s DStrong.

Smash
Power Shot (10-20%)
A close-ranged, medium sized Buster Shot. A fully charged Smash has the range of Wolf's FSmash. Fully charged, it has the same knockback as Ness's Smash.

USmash
Flip Strike (10-19%)
Does a flip kick similar to Lucas's UStrong. A fully charged USmash has the same knockback as Peach's USmash.

DSmash
Down Buster (10-20%)
Leaps upwards and fires a burst of energy from his Mega Buster at the ground below him, creating a splash of energy. Startup lag lasts as long as Lucas's USmash and has the same knockback.

Running Attack
Slide (10%)
Mega Man slides forward in the exact same fashion as in Mega Man 8. Knockback is the same as Mario’s Running Attack (ironically enough, also a slide).

NAir
Top Spin (3% per hit, hits up to 4 times)
Mega Man spins as if he was using Top Man’s power. This attack can hit up to four times, and is comparable to Mario’s DAir. The very 1st hit only has knockback, which is about the same as Wolf’s NAir.

FAir (10%)
Power Buster
Mega Man stretches his Mega Buster arm forward and creates a spark of energy from it. Same knockback as Pit’s FAir.

UAir (6%, 6%)
Somersault Kick
Looks identical to Mario’s UAir, excepts it can hit twice. The second hit’s knockback is the same as the final hit from Pit’s UAir.

BAir
Back Kick (10%)
Mega Man takes both legs and performs a back kick (look’s like Ness’s BAir). Knockback is about the same as Lucario’s BAir while Lucario’s damage is at 0%.

DAir
Great Stomp (12%)
Mega Man stomps his right foot downwards. This acts as a Meteor Smash. Same knockback as Sonic’s DAir.

Mega Man does not have a tether grab/recovery move

Grab Attack
Kick (3%)
Mega Man kicks the opponent while holding them.

FThrow
Buster Bomber (9%)
Mega Man blasts the opponent forward by actually shooting them with his Mega Buster close-range. Has the same knockback as Lucas’s FThrow.

UThrow
Buster Blow (7%)
Mega Man smacks the opponent upwards with his Mega Buster as a blunt weapon. Same knockback as Pit’s UThrow.

BThrow
Heave-Ho (9%)
Any Street Fighter fans here? Remember Ken’s backwards throw from those games? That’s this, except there’s no rolling. Mega Man grabs the opponent and throws them backwards by having Mega Man fall on his back to do so. Knockback is about the same as Mario’s FThrow (only backwards)

DThrow
Mega Slam (10%)
Mega Man slams the opponent into the ground. Knockback sends the opponent upwards. The knockback is the same as Wolf’s DThrow.

B
Mega Buster (Uncharged – 2%; 2-5 sec. charge – 4-14%; 6-10 sec. charge – 15-25%)
Press B, and Mega Man will start charging his Mega Buster. Like Sheik’s Needle Storm, you only have to press B once, not hold it, to continue the charge. Mega Man will begin to glow yellow while charging, and then he’ll start flashing after the Mega Buster has almost reached (or has reached) full charge (around 6 to 10 seconds) Pressing B again will unleash a powered shot forward. Mega Man CAN move around while charging the Mega Buster, so to compensate, it takes him much longer than any other character with chargeable moves to reach full power. A half-charged Mega Buster has as much knockback as Samus’s Super Missile; a fully charged shot has as much knockback as a fully charged Charge Shot from Samus. Only a fully charged Mega Buster shot goes full screen.

B>
Leaf Shield (4% per hit as a shield, 9% as a projectile)
Mega Man surrounds himself with four sharp leaves. The leaves stay around him until he’s taken a certain number of hits, he launches the leaves forward, or after about four seconds. Pressing B> again will fire the shield in that direction. If the opponent is very close to Mega Man, the leaves around Mega Man can hurt the opponent. The Leaf Shield goes as far as Ivysaur’s Razor Leaf, and has about the same knockback.

B/\
Tornado Hold (3-4% per hit, can hit up to five times)
On the ground, Mega Man fires a fan blade-shaped (goes as far as Lucas’s PK Fire) object that produces a vertical tornado (as high as Giga Bowser’s snout). As long as the tornado lasts, Mega Man can enter the tornado and get propelled upwards.

While in the air, Mega Man fires the fan blades in front of him (goes as far as Lucas’s PK Fire, but descends like Ness’s PK Fire) and the fan blades immediately produces a vertical stream of air that Mega Man can fall into (the fan blades/the Tornado Hold itself falls veeeery slowly, so it will NOT be difficult to enter the Tornado Hold while both Mega Man and the attack itself descend). The knockback of this attack sends the opponent upwards, but is too low to ever KO anyone (even at extremely high percentages).

B\/
Mega Ball (Depends on how hard it is attacked; 8% minimum, 20% maximum)
Mega Man lets out a “soccer ball” from his Mega Buster and it lands right in front of him (or straight down if he’s in the air). Like the actual Soccer Ball item, attacking the ball will send it flying forward, and depending on what attack you used depends on its power and speed (you should know that the Mega Ball will never have as much knock back as the Soccer Ball). However, by pressing BV when standing in front of it, you’ll automatically kick it (in an exclusive kicking animation) forward for about 13% default. At its strongest, its knockback is the same as Ganondorf’s Wizard Foot

FS
Hyper Mega Man (see description for damage)
Rush, Beat, and Eddy merge into Mega Man, and he transforms into his Marvel vs. Capcom Hyper Combo form, Hyper Mega Man. He’s as big a Giant Bowser with a Super Mushroom. Mega Man will then fire, in all directions, missiles and powered shots that scatter everywhere. Each projectile does 18% and has the knockback of Diddy Kong’s Peanut’s from his Final Smash. Contact with Mega Man in this form has the same knockback as touching Dialga from Spear Pillar and does about 20%. You can have Mega Man slowly hover and travel around. Pressing the A button produces more missiles, pressing B produces more energy shots. This Final Smash lasts about ten seconds.

Taunt 1 – Licks out tongue and teases
Taunt 2 – Holds onto his Mega Buster arm and does a brief, incomplete charge.
Taunt 3 – Rush, Beat, or Eddy (Fliptop) warps in front of Mega Man. Rush barks, then follows Mega Man, then leaves after about five seconds. Beat follows Mega Man (it doesn’t do anything) until Mega Man takes damage or after about ten seconds. Eddy (who only appears 1/13 times) will pop out a random item (even if items are off). You cannot use this taunt while Rush, Beat, or Eddy are onscreen.

Color 1 – Original look (Blue team color)
Color 2 – Light red body, dark red “underwear”, boots, gloves and helmet (Red team color)
Color 3 – Light green body, solid green “underwear”, boots, gloves, and helmet (Green team color)
Color 4 – Gray body, black and gold “underwear”, boots, gloves, and helmet (Bass color theme)
Color 5 – Off-indigo body, red “underwear”, boots, gloves, and helmet (Protoman color theme)
Color 6 – Black body, white “underwear”, boots, gloves and helmet

Intro
Warps onto the stage from the sky, appears to be kneeling down facing the screen, then stands erect.
Victory Poses
1st – Takes off helmet, holds underneath arm, and gives a thumbs-up to the camera.
2nd – Rush, Beat, and Eddy surround Mega Man, while Mega Man gives a peace sign.
3rd – Raises his Mega Buster in the air and grabs his Mega Buster’s arm with his other arm.

Stage
The city where Mega Man lives (Metropolis?). You fight on the roofs of skyscrapers. In the background, among the futuristic roads and buildings, you can see an unfinished constructed building with Dr. Wily’s insignia on it, as well as a large billboard-like screen with random images of Dr. Light and Roll (Protoman would be an Assist Trophy, so he gets no cameo). Random Robot Masters and other robots can be seen appearing somewhere in the background. These include; Bass & Treble, Cut Man, Guts Man, Elec Man, Metal Man, Napalm Man, Auto, Duo, Tango, and Green Devil. The stage would be similar in design to Saffron City from SSB64.

i actually have an interesting response to your megaman idea, he was largely considered by nintendo. the only thing was nintendo wanted to use Megaman X, where as capcom said no we want you to use Megaman (i dunno, the battle chip guy one). this obviously was never resolved cause megaman didnt appear.

Another thing, megaman X would be awesome for smash, along side with other characters: Llyod (Tales of Symphonia), Sora (kingdom hearts 2), Banjo & Kazooie (like the ice climbers but cooler!), Buck Bumble (classic stuff), Juno (jetforce Gemini). the list could go on and on!

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Improved Online & increased movesets and techs. SSB64--> Melee added Side B's and other lots of other things that made Melee feel like a new game. I fight for my friends.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yea i wished that Brawl added new special moves to the characters, but unless we can create a new direction, that won't happen. :(

I think that there should be 5 special moves for each char. The front and back would be different, like in tha air:):)

That would be good.

Also, Nephenee from FE should be in!!! That would be awesome, SSB needs an FE person who isn't a swordsman.:)

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
I thought about the back and forward being different but it's different in the air because even if you press backward, you're still facing forward.

On the ground if you press backwards, you are changing directions, making that your new forward, and the only way to change that would be having the ability to walk backwards but that would cause lotsa gameplay problems. lol

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Why?

It's gonna easily be the top selling wii game, and Melee was the top selling Cube game.

Making this the last one is about as stupid as not making anymore Halo's.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
i actually have an interesting response to your megaman idea, he was largely considered by nintendo. the only thing was nintendo wanted to use Megaman X, where as capcom said no we want you to use Megaman (i dunno, the battle chip guy one). this obviously was never resolved cause megaman didnt appear.

Another thing, megaman X would be awesome for smash, along side with other characters: Llyod (Tales of Symphonia), Sora (kingdom hearts 2), Banjo & Kazooie (like the ice climbers but cooler!), Buck Bumble (classic stuff), Juno (jetforce Gemini). the list could go on and on!
When the hell will you stop making stuff up?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm doubtful of the validity. Source?
Nintendo fighting game. Please don't gum up th works with more third party characters. 1 is ok. 2 is pushing it. 5 is beyond a lot (although I'm sad we wont get any Rare characters).

Ugh... SSB4? Can't let you do that Smashboards!

Seriously, the likeliness of a SSB4 is pretty low.
I'd disagree. Brawl is on track for 7million worldwide. Chances are good we'll get another.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I think I got a solid character list:

[MARIO SERIES]
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi *
Bowser Jr.

[DONKEY KONG SERIES]
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool *

[YOSHI SERIES]
Yoshi
Baby Mario *

[WARIO LAND/WARIOWARE SERIES]
Wario
Captain Syrup *

[LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES]
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf *
Toon Link *

[METROID SERIES]
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley *

[KIRBY SERIES]
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

[EARTHBOUND/MOTHER SERIES]
Ness *
Lucas

[F-ZERO SERIES]
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow *

[STAR FOX SERIES]
Fox
Krystal
Wolf *

[POKEMON SERIES]
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff *
Lucario *
Mewtwo *

[FIRE EMBLEM SERIES]
Marth
Ike
Micaiah *

[RETRO SERIES]
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B *
Mr. Game & Watch *

[STANDALONE SERIES]
Olimar (Pikmin)
Aisya (A.S.H.: Archaic Sealed Heat) *
Isaac (Golden Sun) *
Lip (Panel de Pon/Puzzle League) *

[THIRD-PARTY SERIES]
Snake (Metal Gear Solid) *
Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) *
Megaman (Megaman) *

An asterisk denotes an unlockable.

Ilex

Smash Ace
The only things I don't particularly like about that roster list is how Krystal replaced Falco and Mewtwo was brought back. Sure, Mewtwo was popular but he's gone now, and the other 485 Pokemon need a chance at it. I also don't think the Wario series is big enough to have 2 reps...I doubt that many people have even heard of 'Captain Syrup'. Lack of old new old schoolers also bugs me. But other than that I don't see anything wrong with it.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
Add more third party characters that make you :O when you see them, better stage builder, online tournaments, lagless wifi, dont remove any brawl characters because they all deserve to be there, dont take decent characters like C falcon and nerf the heck out of them, devastating the players of that certain character, work more on balancing when releasing new characters, more 1p game modes, more items from the nintendo world, lol :p
I am one of the few who doesnt think ridley should be in as a character... would have to be downsized and look stupid, would have to be stopped flying, would just be weird :S

However, an assist trophy were ridley flys around killing people or something? Yeh, cool.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Captain Syrup is confirmed for the next WarioLand on Wii. This makes her likely for SSB4.
Not necessarily. Although, this will likely give her some popularity. Still, if anyone from the Wario universe should be a character, it should be her.

Slyde

Smash Cadet
You know what would be cool? If they put every playable character from Nintendo and Sega.

That would be amazing.
Lol NOOOOOO cause that would over load the game and it would be like ok, umm i dont even know 3 thirds of these characters

Pretty much it would be fkd up!

Slyde

Smash Cadet
What would SSB4 be on (what console)?????
Is there a new console or would that just put it on the Wii???

Slyde

Smash Cadet
Add more third party characters that make you :O when you see them, better stage builder, online tournaments, lagless wifi, dont remove any brawl characters because they all deserve to be there, dont take decent characters like C falcon and nerf the heck out of them, devastating the players of that certain character, work more on balancing when releasing new characters like waluigi who didnt make it in brawl, but wario did :S, more 1p game modes, more items from the nintendo world, lol :p
I am one of the few who doesnt think ridley should be in as a character... would have to be downsized and look stupid, would have to be stopped flying, would just be weird :S

However, an assist trophy were ridley flys around killing people or something? Yeh, cool.
WHO IS RIDLEY??????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Lol NOOOOOO cause that would over load the game and it would be like ok, umm i dont even know 3 thirds of these characters

Pretty much it would be fkd up!
What would SSB4 be on (what console)?????
Is there a new console or would that just put it on the Wii???
WHO IS RIDLEY??????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
1) Please don't triple post. Just edit your first post if you have more to say.

2) Yes, not only would it overload the game, it would destroy the novelty. With EVERY character from both Nintendo and Sega... It's like "Mario and Luigi who?"

3) By the time SSB4 comes out, there will be a new Nintendo console, almost guarenteed. SSB hasn't had any repeats yet. Besides, there was how much of a gap between Melee and Brawl? Plenty of time left for another system to be released before we get another Smash Bros.

4) Ridley is a recurring boss in the Metroid series, I believe the most recurring? I'm no Metroid expert, but in a nutshell, he's a huge Metroid boss, and lots of people want him playable in Smash Bros. so there's more representation for the Metroid series. He's in Brawl as one of the SSE bosses.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I think that there should be 5 special moves for each char. The front and back would be different, like in tha air:):)
I honestly don't see this as feasible with smash. When you consider that some characters rely on their side B to help there recovery. (Luigi, Pikachu, Mario, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Wolf, Diddy, and sometimes Captain Falcon)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I honestly don't see this as feasible with smash. When you consider that some characters rely on their side B to help there recovery. (Luigi, Pikachu, Mario, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Wolf, Diddy, and sometimes Captain Falcon)
QFT. Not to mention that every character would need a back move and that could mess things up.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I think I got a solid character list:

[MARIO SERIES]
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi *
Bowser Jr.

[YOSHI SERIES]
Yoshi
Baby Mario *

[STAR FOX SERIES]
Fox
Krystal
Wolf *

[POKEMON SERIES]
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff *
Lucario *
Mewtwo *

[FIRE EMBLEM SERIES]
Marth
Ike
Micaiah *

An asterisk denotes an unlockable.
Yours is one of the more believeable list I've seen. I have a few questions & comments.

What is up with this obsession to have Bowser, Jr. and Baby Mario (and other Baby Mario characters) playable? I ask this because, honestly, I don't see it. Bowser, Jr. seems like just another gimmick character added to the series that the series didn't need (Waluigi), yet everyone wants him in a Smash game. And I can't see how any Baby characters would be possible.

Why did you choose to replace Falco with Krystal instead of adding Krystal and making SF go up tp 4? Surely in 2012+ the SF series will be able to get away with 4 reps? Falco has too much priority over Krystal to not be in.

As far as your Pokémon roster, for the right here and now, its great. I like it. But considering that by the time Smash 4 comes out, the 5th generation of Pokémon games will be among us, there has got to be room for at least one 5th gen Pokémon.

I have this theory with Fire Emblem. My theory states that when it comes to what characters get added to the next Smash game, Marth is automatic, and the current hero is automatic. Unless Ike and Micaiah are somehow still around for the Fire Emblem game that is out by the time Smash 4 hits us, I doubt at least Micaiah will make it. Since FE should get one more rep (from 2 reps to 3), I can see Ike returning. But the pattern shows that we always get Marth and the current FE hero of the current FE game, and while Ike is the hero of the Radiance games, by the time Smash 4 hits, newer FE games with newer FE heroes will have come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom