• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Did anyone else notice that the retro stages picked for Brawl were each one stage representing the franchises present in SSB64? Wonder if they'll do that for SSB4, choosing one stage from each of the new franchises introduced in Brawl?

WarioWare
Skyworld
Distant Planet
Mario Bros.
Green Hill Zone (?)
Shadow Moses Island (?)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
So just curious. Why is Lucas love so much if he is just a kid who is weak and pathetic looking.

He is just a another Ness. If they put in one more Ness like character. I will flip.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Toon Link should stay, just change his specials- his normal attacks are fine as they are, especially his forward smash, that's my main kill move, due to the fact that if you press A again you get an extra slash.

I couldn't care less about Lucas to be honest. He just seems too similar to Ness. I don't mind him, but I prefer Ness. If he was to get cut, he should get replaced with either Porky, or The Masked Man. Surely those two characters can't fight similarly to Ness, as ones a fat kid, and ones a sword-wielder.

Roihu

Smash Ace
If you say it backwards it's Lam.
Like a baby sheep.
But without the B at the end.

Do you get it?
:laugh:
By that logic, we could replace the B with an E.
oh man....Megaman for the next Smash Bros for sure. I mean....the creator of Megaman said he'd like to have Megaman in a smash bros game sure....but he was never asked about it. also I'd LOVE if "board the platforms" was to return....it was a fun little test it was. I don't think they should add any more Sonic or MGS characters though...just those two representing their game is enough, and we should allow for other 3rd parties to enter. ANOTHER thing I've been thinking is Sora from KH should be in the next smash....I'm by no means a KH fan at all but...I think story-wise they could pull it off. I mean, Sora travles to other worlds, and one time he ends up in the world of smash. Also, BOMBERMAN!!
Sora... shouldn't he's been in 1 Nintendo game. Maybe 2 in the future. No one will beg for him. He's Square-Enix. We know how *******ly they are. But he would fit.
Bomberman I so wish could be in.
Megaman is a high contestor.
MGS should be getting out...

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I played Earthbound and sorry to tell you this people. But the games suck. Those were the worst games I ever played. even Mother 3 ugh.....Please I hope they do not remake those games.

Even Panel De Pon is better then Earthbound and Mother 3.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I played Earthbound and sorry to tell you this people. But the games suck. Those were the worst games I ever played. even Mother 3 ugh.....Please I hope they do not remake those games.

What? I think they're pretty awesome. Do you not like RPG's or something?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

Out of every game you have ever played, Mother, Earthbound, and Mother 3 are the worst?
Why do you think this, is it because you don't like RPG's, or another reason?

Roihu

Smash Ace
Seriously if any characters were to be taken out of Brawl.

I would pick Lucas and Toon Link.

Toon Link is a lame pathetic clone

and Lucas is the same only he is a lame looking kid who looks weak. Man Lucas will rasily be vaporized.
Toon Link is a clone, but he has a well deserved spot.
Lucas...
Lucas...
Lucas...
You *******. Lucas should stay. He stars in one of the best Nintendo games ever.
His game is regarded as much better than Ness's and he's newer. I'll continue in the next one.
Again, this guy rubs me the WRONG way!
He doesn't rub me the wrong way. I just plainly don't like him.
So just curious. Why is Lucas love so much if he is just a kid who is weak and pathetic looking.

He is just a another Ness. If they put in one more Ness like character. I will flip.
If you complain about stupid stuff like this with STUPID reasons, I will flip...
Oh wait...
Anyways, Lucas isn't weak, and he's pathetic looking for a reason. If you played through Mother 3 and didn't like it, you have some serious issues.
Mother 3 is one of the best games ever played. If you do not like it, you musn't like RPGs or something.
Toon Link should stay, just change his specials- his normal attacks are fine as they are, especially his forward smash, that's my main kill move, due to the fact that if you press A again you get an extra slash.

I couldn't care less about Lucas to be honest. He just seems too similar to Ness. I don't mind him, but I prefer Ness. If he was to get cut, he should get replaced with either Porky, or The Masked Man. Surely those two characters can't fight similarly to Ness, as ones a fat kid, and ones a sword-wielder.
Wait-- are you saying you'd want Lucas, the main character of Mother 3 to be cut for Porky, a character that I'm sure isn't even fit for fighting like a regular fighter and isn't the big boss in Mother 2 and is the big boss of Mother 3, yet Lucas doesn't get in? Lucas's BROTHER gets in who's from Mother 3, but the main character (Lucas) DOESN'T!? What kind of sick twisted logic is that?!

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
OK, if you want Lucas gone because he's too similar to Ness, then I want Ganondorf gone cause's he's too similar to Captain Falcon.

Wait-- are you saying you'd want Lucas, the main character of Mother 3 to be cut for Porky, a character that I'm sure isn't even fit for fighting like a regular fighter and isn't the big boss in Mother 2 and is the big boss of Mother 3, yet Lucas doesn't get in? Lucas's BROTHER gets in who's from Mother 3, but the main character (Lucas) DOESN'T!? What kind of sick twisted logic is that?!
It's Bizarro-Logic. Example.

Take out Sonic, and replace him with Rogue the Bat, since the Sonic series needs a rep, just so long as its not the title starring character.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
No I like RPG's but it just didn't look cool.

And to Roichu

Shut up your a *****

sorry.

I did play Mother 3 and it sucks.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman

Oh my goodness... no.

Earthbound is awesome. How can you say that? I don't know about MOTHER 3, I haven't played it yet and won't play it until they release it on the VC or make a remake of it.

They should make Earthbound, that would be the best game ever. Bring back a lot of good memories.

MOTHER series needs 3 reps at least. Ness, Lucas, and some other MOTHER person. If SSB4 will have 5 Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon reps then it is ok for MOTHER, Fire Emblem, and Donkey Kong to have 3 reps. I wouldn't mind if Star Fox got 4 if they include Krystal and keep Wolf.

Roihu

Smash Ace
OK, if you want Lucas gone because he's too similar to Ness, then I want Ganondorf gone cause's he's too similar to Captain Falcon.
Let's not forget every Star Fox character, Luigi, and Lucario just for the hell of him having a couple of moves similar to an old SSB character.

No I like RPG's but it just didn't look cool.

And to Roichu

Shut up your a *****

sorry.

I did play Mother 3 and it sucks.
Roihu.
I will stop annoying you as soon as you stop annoying me.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Let's not forget every Star Fox character, Luigi, and Lucario just for the hell of him having a couple of moves similar to an old SSB character.

Roihu.
I will stop annoying you as soon as you stop annoying me.
Fine done, and also done flyin. I just found Earthbound and Mother 3 to be terrible games and were the worst games I ever played in the old days. But its my opinion. so done.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
FlyingF is right. We're all arguing over a hypothetical game we'll have no control over if it does come true.

Still...FIGHT'S ON!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
No, I don't want any characters to be cut.
I said that if Lucas happened to get cut, I didn't say I wanted him to. I felt that the two villains could fit as a suitable replacement if Lucas happened to get cut because the Earthbound Series doesn't have any villains in Smash.

I'd say Ness has a higher chance of returning out of the two, as he's been in SSB from the beginning.
If Ness got cut, you might as well get rid of the other original secret characters, as they've not had a major role in a game recently.

Roihu

Smash Ace
No, I don't want any characters to be cut.
I said that if Lucas happened to get cut, I didn't say I wanted him to. I felt that the two villains could fit as a suitable replacement if Lucas happened to get cut because the Earthbound Series doesn't have any villains in Smash.

I'd say Ness has a higher chance of returning out of the two, as he's been in SSB from the beginning.
If Ness got cut, you might as well get rid of the other original secret characters, as they've not had a major role in a game recently.
There is Porky...
One of the only two bosses in SSBB I liked they put in.
I mean, why make totally new bosses when you can add unoriginal bosses that are from old series and just kick ***?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Nintendo's not going to get rid of the original 12 characters. I don't think they'll get rid of any of the returned Melee characters.

Sakurai is a biased freak, so D3 and MK are coming back.

I think ROB is going to leave, unless Sakurai still has 0rg@sms over old-school characters.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I wouldn't think MK or Dedede would get cut regardless of Sakurai. Kirby was overdo for more characters.

Roihu

Smash Ace
But one question. Why haven't Earthbound has not got release for the VC yet? Isn't it popular?
Because NOA likes being *****.
The game was on the most wanted list in Nintendo Power for like 3 months this year in a row.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But one question. Why haven't Earthbound has not got release for the VC yet? Isn't it popular?
That is a mystery right now. Nintendo is blatantly aware of the demand for the MOTHER series here, but they have ignored it at every opportunity.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Also, I think just figured out that Dedede's Jet Hammer came from KSSU. :p
It DID come from KSSU, right?
Dedede doesn't need a nerf. He just need his grab taken away.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
A lot of popular games haven't been released yet, such as Majora's Mask, the remaining Megaman games that were on the NES and SNES. Sonic and Knuckles, Super Mario World 2, DK64, Goldeneye, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo series, Mario Party, and the remaining Kirby games.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Actually, it's the reverse. Masked Dedede was inspired by Brawl Dedede IMO, because Brawl was released first.

Oh, and I will kick someone if Yoshi's Island isn't released on the VC soon.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
A lot of popular games haven't been released yet, such as Majora's Mask, the remaining Megaman games that were on the NES and SNES. Sonic and Knuckles, Super Mario World 2, DK64, Goldeneye, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo series, Mario Party, and the remaining Kirby games.
Conker or Banjo won't ever be released since Micro**** bought them out in 2002.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I know, and neither will Goldeneye or DK64, because they were Rare weren't they.
It doesn't mean that the fans don't want them games on VC though.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Actually, it's the reverse. Masked Dedede was inspired by Brawl Dedede IMO, because Brawl was released first.

Oh, and I will kick someone if Yoshi's Island isn't released on the VC soon.
Wario's winning theme was from WarioWare Touch I think and it was planned like that.
Who was inspired by who may be a mystery forever, I guess.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Also, I think just figured out that Dedede's Jet Hammer came from KSSU. :p
It DID come from KSSU, right?
Dedede doesn't need a nerf. He just need his grab taken away.
His Utilt and Bair need nerfs.

He also needs to have less jumps. Who the **** gives a flying dragon 3 jumps, and a floating PENGUIN 5?

And KSSU came AFTER Brawl.

Roihu

Smash Ace
His Utilt and Bair need nerfs.

He also needs to have less jumps. Who the **** gives a flying dragon 3 jumps, and a floating PENGUIN 5?

And KSSU came AFTER Brawl.
Again tell that to Wario's winning theme.
And I'm pretty sure Dedede jumps like that too.... I think I've seen it in a game.... or not....
I don't remember.
I thought he only had 4 jumps, though. o.o
And also, his jumps are like really small. ._.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
All the Kirby reps have the same no. of jumps.

1 jump, 5 extra jumps, plus recovery move(s).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Again tell that to Wario's winning theme.
And I'm pretty sure Dedede jumps like that too.... I think I've seen it in a game.... or not....
I don't remember.
I thought he only had 4 jumps, though. o.o
And also, his jumps are like really small. ._.
But he has 5 **** jumps. They're not even THAT small. His Up B is retardedly good too.

I mean seriously, I just can't believe Sakurai would give a ****ing PENGUIN 5 jumps and a **** good Up B, and a dragon with wings 3 jumps. Wtf.

And Snake is also wtf. He weigh's more than Charizard and Samus. >_>

If you read his trophy, it reads: Snake weighs 182 pounds (or something like that).

Charizard weighs 180-ish pounds, he isn't even as heavy as Snake.

Samus is lugging a freaking cybernetic suit of iron and weighs less than Snake.

Don't King Dedede have 4 jumps?

Pit has 4. D3 has 5.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I've never played Metroid, but Samus is so floaty. Is she supposed to be like that?
Not at all. She can actually fall quite fast in Zero Mission and Fusion.

The floatiness and agileness is from Super Metroid.

There's also the fact that the Power Suit negates gravity, and enhances Samus' physical strength.

Umm... Pit has three jumps, and King Dedede has four. I know we play the same game. XD

Where are you getting this information from then o.O

Pit has 4, D3 has 5.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You are not counting the intial jump. If Pit is on the ground, you can use his 1st jump, then you can jump 3 more times in mid-air.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
OK, I just checked via the game itself.

All the Kirby reps have 1 jump, then 5 midair jumps. 6 Jumps total, + recovery move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom