• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
All right, for your sake, we'll move on.

Although the MegaMan topic's pretty well been covered. Everyone wants him in.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
No I'd rather have Master Chief over Megaman because he'd bring more sales to SSB4. :bee:

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
one word:

WALUIGI. so ya they could put in a fking Wario but no Waluigi? He would be like his perfect team mate.

Also it would be cool to add Baby characters, but nothing without Waluigi.

I also request a Waluigi stage.

I even made a moveset for him lol

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
No I'd rather have Master Chief over Megaman because he'd bring more sales to SSB4. :bee:
I guess I agree that it would have more sales.
one word:

WALUIGI. so ya they could put in a fking Wario but no Waluigi? He would be like his perfect team mate.

I 100% agree with the fact that Waluigi MUST be in. I don't really think babies would be a good choice though. (think about it, Mario vs. Baby Mario, it's just not fair)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Master Chief's utter lack of any possibility to get in aside, I won't argue with the sales point, I guess, but it's not like Smash 4 won't be making enough money already.

one word:

Wario has a series, while Waluigi does not. Waluigi was originally created so that Wario could have a doubles partner in Mario Tennis, and he has yet to actually have a significant role in any game. That's why Wario but no Waluigi.

We're not exactly looking for every character to have a "team mate" in Smash...

I agree with the Babies, though I doubt they'll get in. Baby Mario Bros. for SSB4, I've said it a million times, but in all honesty, it probably won't happen.

I 100% agree with the fact that Waluigi MUST be in. I don't really think babies would be a good choice though. (think about it, Mario vs. Baby Mario, it's just not fair)
Link vs. Young Link worked out fine...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wario has a series, while Waluigi does not. Waluigi was originally created so that Wario could have a doubles partner in Mario Tennis, and he has yet to actually have a significant role in any game. That's why Wario but no Waluigi.

We're not exactly looking for every character to have a "team mate" in Smash...
Wario has even 2 series: WarioWare and Wario Land. He also is a major character in several Mario games (Super Mario Land 2, Super Mario 64 DS, Spin-Offs), while Waluigi has only appeared in Spin-Offs so far, is not really considered being a major character to the Mario cast, has no own series, doesn't even appear in Wario's 2 game series, and is in Brawl at least as an Assist Trophy.
I think for the fact that Waluigi is a quite unimportant character the AT-status is fair enough for him, specially when he's placed aside with worthy characters like Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Shadow and Little Mac.

cba

Smash Master
one word:

YEA i was sooo disapointed....
i think that the snake thing is a 1 time thing.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Spadefox said:
specially when he's placed aside with worthy characters like Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Shadow and Little Mac.
Wait, why is HE in that list and not Lyn? Lyn should have been a friggin' member of the main cast; we don't really need Marth, he's pretty outdated, despite the remake (and if they use Marth again and remake him in FE11 style, I will kill someone).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Marth is imho a very important character for the FE series, because he in fact was the first Lord. That'd be like putting in Jody Summers and Black Shadow, but not Captain Falcon, since he was (one of) the first pilot(s) in the F-Zero series.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
In a way, I guess you could say Marth is to Fire Emblem as Pikachu is to Pokemon.

Pikachu's hardly got an important role in the newer games, but regardless, he was the lead, recognized character of what started it all, and he remains Pokemon's mascot character for it.

Marth, though he hasn't appeared in recent Fire Emblem games, was the series first standout heroic protagonist, and so he deserves due representation for it. Lyn has appeared in, what, one game? And according to most, it sounds like that game was hardly on par with the rest of the series.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Most FE characters have only appeared in one game. That's why Marth (and Ike, IIRC) are so popular in Japan, they're in more than one FE game. FE is HUGE in Japan.

n88

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure about the lesser characters some people are supporting here. I would not want to see Waluigi or the babies in Smash Bros. 4. The only Mario characters I could see making it in are Bowser Jr. and Rosalina. King Boo and Toad are also possibilities, although somewhat more remote. I would love to see a Wolf Link, though. Or, on second thought Fawful would be awesome.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Wait, wait... Did you say you didn't like those characters because they're "lesser" characters, and then suggest Rosalina? I'm pretty sure she clocks in at even lesser than them, since she's appeared in only one major game...

n88

Smash Lord
Fair enough, but last I checked Waluigi has only appeared in spin-offs. I guess the babies have appeared in one major game (that I know of). Of course, Waluigi or the babies could easily make an appearance in a major game before SSB4 comes out, as it's won't be out for several years.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, well, I don't support Waluigi either. Bowser Jr.'s probably the most obvious choice for another Mario rep, since even if the Baby Mario Bros. were included, it would probably be as a Yoshi rep, since that's where they've had their most major appearances.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
In SSB4, I hope for characters like MK to get a serious nerfing, and for C. Falcon to be brought back to at least near his former glory. Addtionally, every Melee character should be brought back for SSB4, and all the Brawl characters be kept as well. Big freakin roster, I know.
Something very important is that they make SSB4 faster-paced, somewhere in between Brawl and Melee ideally.
Those are my hopes.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I want them to take the melee disk and add xbox live to it for the gamecube and call it super smash bros melee w/xbox live compatibility and keep all the advance techniques lol

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
In SSB4, I hope for characters like MK to get a serious nerfing, and for C. Falcon to be brought back to at least near his former glory. Addtionally, every Melee character should be brought back for SSB4, and all the Brawl characters be kept as well. Big freakin roster, I know.
Something very important is that they make SSB4 faster-paced, somewhere in between Brawl and Melee ideally.
Those are my hopes.
I don't agree with the first part. I don't think MK needs to be nerfed at all. He is more towards the pace that I would like to see. Everybody else should be brought up to (at least) MK's level. I actually liked the overall base of the original a lot.

On another note, I was thinking about what made Lucario so cool to me and how that could be applied to SSB4. I think more characters should get more static abilities like Lucario (for those wo don't know what I'm talking about, Lucario gets more powerful as he takes damage). I heard an idea (it was either here or in MYM 3.0) for Mewtwo that would cause other players moves to become stale faster. Anybody else have any ideas? I'm out at the moment.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Fair enough, but last I checked Waluigi has only appeared in spin-offs. I guess the babies have appeared in one major game (that I know of). Of course, Waluigi or the babies could easily make an appearance in a major game before SSB4 comes out, as it's won't be out for several years.
baby mario has been in every yoshi's island game, and the baby bros. were in mario and luigi partners in time. just to clarify. Also i think they would work well as a double team a la the ice climbers. They could use their bro. moves from M&L: PIT.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't tell me Ryu or Chun-Li wouldn't be perfect for this game.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I am not very hopeful for any 3rd party fighting game characters to come into Smash, because Nintendo was angry at Capcom for losing Nintendo exclusivity. Also while Link was in Soul Calibur 2, I find it very unlikely that they'd bring in a Soul Calibur character into SSB4.

I do think one character whom Nintendo had that was from a Nintendo fighting game is Sukapon. He was in Nintendo's fighting game that was made even before Smash.

I'd love Ryu to come into SSB4 if he could. But one problem is that he uses a headband/bandana like Ike and Snake, so my trouble with him is that Kirby would be hard to find a hat for Ryu, Snake, and Ike and make them all look different. Although I suppose Ryu would have black hair, while Ike has blue hair.

Also, here is to hoping that the next FE lord will be different from Marth and Ike, in that I think it should be a female lord who uses either a spear or uses magic (like Micaiah) but uses Light magic and not something overdone like fire (which is ironic because Fire Emblem should have at least one character who uses fire don't you think?). Also hope that the new FE Lord will have another color besides blue hair. Maybe even green or slightly bluish green would be fine.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am not very hopeful for any 3rd party fighting game characters to come into Smash, because Nintendo was angry at Capcom for losing Nintendo exclusivity. Also while Link was in Soul Calibur 2, I find it very unlikely that they'd bring in a Soul Calibur character into SSB4.

I do think one character whom Nintendo had that was from a Nintendo fighting game is Sukapon. He was in Nintendo's fighting game that was made even before Smash.

I'd love Ryu to come into SSB4 if he could. But one problem is that he uses a headband/bandana like Ike and Snake, so my trouble with him is that Kirby would be hard to find a hat for Ryu, Snake, and Ike and make them all look different. Although I suppose Ryu would have black hair, while Ike has blue hair.
It'd be easy to do Ryu. Ike has the blue hair and headband, Snake has the beard, mullet, and head band, and Ryu would have the spiky black hair and red handband.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
that would then complete the manly-hair triforce. And the next smash would truly the best game ever. no question.
Speaking of Triforces, there are some more that can easily be completed.

Peach-Zelda-Kumatora
Triforce of Princesses

Captain Falcon-Captain Olimar-Captain Rainbow
Triforce of Manly Captains

Mario-Sonic-Crash
Triforce of Former Rivals

SirKibble

Smash Champion
you mispelled metal....but yeah that would be cool i guess, i personally have never played a mgs game so i dont really know of anyone that would be good.
You misspelled "misspelled." :)

Yeah, I've never played any of the MGS games, either, but Gray Fox, the Assist Trophy, seems like a viable character option.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
It'd be cool if they somehow pulled off kain highwind or something. FF has and still sometimes comes on nintendo systems so I don't think it's that far out. it'd make me happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom