• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Somebody's going through puberty a bit late. I'm trying to do as you said Mendez. . .But this is just too lol worthy to pass up.

There are no girls on the internetz, mike. I've searched far and through. I've got a list of the few real girls present at here and gamefaqs, and nothing you say will convince me to give it to you. They're all mine! Gahahhahaahhahahaahhahaahhaah. . .As well as all those girls on the female list. Go play Soul Calibur 4 to get your jollies, I'm a pimp, I get the real thing regularly. Who can resist my purple Dedede with "PIMP" as the name tag?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Oh okay then. Well I'm outta here. You excuse me. I'm going to play some Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. see ya *Walks away*

cba

Smash Master
would love to see jill, ada, rebecca or claire.
but then again, jill is in MVSC2.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
*peeks around corner*

Is it... Is it safe to come out now?
I think. Maybe.

cba said:
but then again, jill is in MVSC2.
So? You basically want *a* Resident Evil girl, then. Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen (though I guess Jill's a possibility). I still remain unconvinced that RE is a franchise worth supporting for Smash Bros.

Now Okami, on the other hand...

cba

Smash Master
I think. Maybe.

So? You basically want *a* Resident Evil girl, then. Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen (though I guess Jill's a possibility). I still remain unconvinced that RE is a franchise worth supporting for Smash Bros.

Now Okami, on the other hand...
Okami...? i think it was just another game added to the wii

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What is this nonsense? I came back in here for this?? :ohwell:

Given how much easier Brawl made it to grab the edge, anybody else wondering what'll happen next? You'll latch onto the edge mid-anything? Attacks, air-dodges...being meteor smashed?! Who knows...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Thank GOD. I think I finally scared the guy away. He's worse then Tedius from a couple hundred pages back X_X
It happens--it's the internet.

And it happens a lot more often post-Brawl. This is one case where I wish the Wii wasn't so popular withe everyone...

Next time it happens though, just ignore it totally and completely. Treat all those posts as blank space on the page, and things'll follow their natural course much faster than otherwise.
That said...he'll probably be back tomorrow. T.T

SirKibble said:
Given how much easier Brawl made it to grab the edge, anybody else wondering what'll happen next? You'll latch onto the edge mid-anything? Attacks, air-dodges...being meteor smashed?! Who knows...
Well, Brawl's magnetized ledges aren't all that bad.

I was surprised how tough it is to grab edges in Melee, after playing Brawl for a while: if you're not facing the ledge, and physically touching it, you'll drop right past it. I can't believe I was ever competent at doing that. :psycho:

I think they're fine as they are, though. I'd like it if every character's recovery was able to knock other characters off the ledge, because that's one of the worst ways to get KO'd as people like Lucario, C. Falcon, and the like.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm fine with the magnetic edges, but that's because I find it very useful for me.

One thing I'd like to see which may affect the balance is that a character can change the direction their facing in the air. One thing I don't like when I'm playing Lucas is that I either do a backwards jump and hit or jump off the stage, hit, and hope to return.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
KumaOso said:
One thing I'd like to see which may affect the balance is that a character can change the direction their facing in the air. One thing I don't like when I'm playing Lucas is that I either do a backwards jump and hit or jump off the stage, hit, and hope to return.
The obvious flaw there is that it'd then be really hard to use Back Airs. It might be interesting to see a character with a Fair or Bair that turned them around as a result...but other than that, you'd have a hard time implementing that change without some unfortunate ramifications. :dizzy:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a fan of the magnetic ledges. I'm especially fond of how you don't have to be facing the ledge to grab it anymore. My bad if I sounded like I was dissing on them. I just wonder how far they'll take it in the future. I definitely wouldn't mind a couple changes in making them a little more magnetic. I'd love for attacks like Mach Tornado and Squall Hammer to be able to grab ledges, since I use them so much for recovery anyway.

EDIT: Marth's B-Air does turn him around, and has since the Melee days.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I think the magnetic ledges are pretty handy. I do, however, think that that the invincibility frames should become shorter (I know it's still pretty short, but some characters make this broken:ohwell:).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The obvious flaw there is that it'd then be really hard to use Back Airs. It might be interesting to see a character with a Fair or Bair that turned them around as a result...but other than that, you'd have a hard time implementing that change without some unfortunate ramifications. :dizzy:
You have a point there.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Queen!

I don't know if I'd prefer magnetized edges like they are now, or the ability for the tether recover to cling onto any part of the stage. I'm imagining Zero Suit Samus using Plasma Wire below Final Destination to get to the other side safely a'la Tarzan vine swinging, and being able to cling on to avoid bombs in SUDDEN DEATH!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll post the moveset for Lip since I had since this since last year. Tell if it's good or not good.

It's time for this flower girl to shine. Lip's moveset

Uncolor = No Knock Back

Blue = Weak Knock Back

Purple = Ok Knock Back

Yellow = Good Knock Back

Red = Strong Knock Back

Pink = Powerful Knock Back

Gray= Random Knock Back

Stats:

Size: ***

Weight: **

Jump: ***

Speed: ****

Power: ***

Handle,(How easy it is to master): ****

Basic Attacks:

A: Flower Punch

A A: Flower Punch II

A Side: Fariy Kick

A Dash: Dash Pedal

A Up: Snow Dust

A Down: Flower Kick

Smash Side: Diamond Blast

Smash Up: Fariy Blizzard

Smash Down: Flower Sprout

Basic Air: Mystical Spin

Forward Air: Electric Touch

Back Air: Torch Touch

Up Air: Fariy Dust

Down Air: Bub Kick

Throws:

Grab: Maple hold

Grab Hit: Flower Drain

Forward Throw: Flower Toss

Back Throw: Flare Toss

Up Throw: Shooting Star

Down Throw: Thunder Cover

Specials:

Basic B: Magical Seed; Lip will throw seeds at foes and will sometimes sprout into flowers and drain health from them. It's chargeable as well.

Side B; Fairy Love; Lip will store up random elemental power with the love of her fairy friends. Each diffrent element will hold diffrent power and knock back.

Up B; Jem Platform; Lip will stand on a Jem, you can control where she needs to go for a short time.

Down B: Healing Garden; Lip will put flowers around her. Any foe that get's near will get they heath drained and will heal Lip's.

Final Smash:

Ultimate Fariy Alliance; Lip will summon her fariy friends and they will use the magic seal around the stage to trap foes. Those who are traped, the faries will use their elements at the same time to hit the foes. The damage meter will skyrocket and they will be heavly knocked back.

Taunts:

1) Spins arounds, giggles then winks

2) Rasie her fist up high and pink pedals will rain on Lip

3) Lip will point and say, "Wana Fight?"

Victory Poses:

1) Lip will create a flower chair and sit on it then wave

2) Lip takes her hair down then close her eyes and smile

3) Lip will Swing her Lip Stick and say, "For peace and love, I win"

On Screen Appearance:

A plant will come from the ground then sprout, Lip jumps out of the plant.

Lip's Colors:

Basic: Pink with Yellow

Blue

Red

Green

Purple

Black

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You know, if you're gonna go as far as to tell us the names of all her Standard Attacks, you might as well describe them, too, in which case I suggest posting it in the Make Your Move 3.0 thread, rather than here.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know, if you're gonna go as far as to tell us the names of all her Standard Attacks, you might as well describe them, too, in which case I suggest posting it in the Make Your Move 3.0 thread, rather than here.
lol, you know Spadefox has already made a Lip moveset in MYM 3.0, (I hope it wins). And I'll take your advice on describing all the standered attacks as well, I'll make another one soon. Hmm, maybe I'll make her stats more balanced.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
lol, you know Spadefox has already made a Lip moveset in MYM 3.0, (I hope it wins). And I'll take your advice on describing all the standered attacks as well, I'll make another one soon. Hmm, maybe I'll make her stats more balanced.
Yes, I'm well-aware that Spade's already made a moveset for her. He revamped his moveset from MYM 2.0 for it, actually. But in any case, we do allow multiple entries of the same character, so you're still more than welcome to spruce up the moveset and post it there. We've been having a shortage of movesets lately, so I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom