• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Evo Qualifier: Zenith 2013 - Ft. Melee, 64 and... - June 1st, 2013 - Morristown, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I just assume that he isn't because they have some northwest majors to go to instead in a week or two. But if you've heard otherwise then that's cool.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to chime in with their opinion, I made a results predictions like I do for all big tournaments lately(I didn't really put in what I think will be upsets, I really think Mew2king can win the whole thing, but this is what I think is most likely)

1:Mango- I feel like overall, in my opinion, Mango's best play is better than PP's best play. And after Vindication, Mango sounded like he has some fire to win again, and taking an EC tournament is something he'd like to do after losing alot recently. This could be seen as a mini upset vs PP, but I believe this true.
2:Dr.PeePee: Super solid, of course. Isn't going to lose to anyone out of the ordinary I believe. M2K has a 45% chance of winning vs him, and vs Mango I think it's like 52:48 Mango;s favor. PP vs Hbox to me is like 57:43 for PP. ANYWAYS, I dont see him getting less then top 3, so I assumed 2 would be okay.
3: M2K- With Mango's fire and PP just being solid every last game they play, this makes me put M2K here, though I think he could get first. I think he could upset Mango or PP 1 set, but end up losing in LF. If he runs into Hbox, I think he will lose though.
4:Hungrybox: Besides M2K, he has a losing record vs PP and Mango I BELIEVE, not 100% sure. His victory vs Mango hasn't been solid enough for me to assume he will do it again, but there is that chance.
5:Hax: Very solid overall, isn't gonna get upset, but I think he is ready to beat at least 1 of the top 4 this tournament. Thats my call, but this is mostly likely what I see.
5:Kels: Him and Tope are Interchangeable here, I couldn't really decide. They're both good in different aspects. I put Kels here mainly because Fox's gimp/shine game can probably help him get here better than Sheik's game:
7:Tope: ^^^^
7:Scar: I could see him getting 9th instead, and one of the 9th placers beating him. I don't know who though.
9:Dashizwiz/Swiftbass
9:MH DJ Nintendo/Nintendude
9: Silent Swag/ Slox
9: Ben Grimm/ Mattdotzeb

ALL the 9th placers I have no idea who will get where, those were just the best I thought. I did not put DoH because of his house and I don't know how much he's practicing, so its up for grabs in 9th place, to me.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure Kel's still has the advantage over me. I'd be totally satisfied being in the top 8. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Please for the love of god everyone, READ THE RULES! Too many tournaments lately have been awkwardly stalled or worse because of players not knowing the rules, and it really kills the hype and flow for everyone, including those watching at home on stream.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Anyone passing by Central Jersey able to pick up another person?

I'm interested in going a bit.

I'm also aiming to blowing up Juggleguy and beating Kels.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Why not take the transit?

People need to l2public transit. NJ/NY has godlike transportation. i was all over the place when i came for apex.

Engo

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to chime in with their opinion, I made a results predictions like I do for all big tournaments lately(I didn't really put in what I think will be upsets, I really think Mew2king can win the whole thing, but this is what I think is most likely)

1:Mango- I feel like overall, in my opinion, Mango's best play is better than PP's best play. And after Vindication, Mango sounded like he has some fire to win again, and taking an EC tournament is something he'd like to do after losing alot recently. This could be seen as a mini upset vs PP, but I believe this true.
2:Dr.PeePee: Super solid, of course. Isn't going to lose to anyone out of the ordinary I believe. M2K has a 45% chance of winning vs him, and vs Mango I think it's like 52:48 Mango;s favor. PP vs Hbox to me is like 57:43 for PP. ANYWAYS, I dont see him getting less then top 3, so I assumed 2 would be okay.
3: M2K- With Mango's fire and PP just being solid every last game they play, this makes me put M2K here, though I think he could get first. I think he could upset Mango or PP 1 set, but end up losing in LF. If he runs into Hbox, I think he will lose though.
4:Hungrybox: Besides M2K, he has a losing record vs PP and Mango I BELIEVE, not 100% sure. His victory vs Mango hasn't been solid enough for me to assume he will do it again, but there is that chance.
5:Hax: Very solid overall, isn't gonna get upset, but I think he is ready to beat at least 1 of the top 4 this tournament. Thats my call, but this is mostly likely what I see.
5:Kels: Him and Tope are Interchangeable here, I couldn't really decide. They're both good in different aspects. I put Kels here mainly because Fox's gimp/shine game can probably help him get here better than Sheik's game:
7:Tope: ^^^^
7:Scar: I could see him getting 9th instead, and one of the 9th placers beating him. I don't know who though.
9:Dashizwiz/Swiftbass
9:MH DJ Nintendo/Nintendude
9: Silent Swag/ Slox
9: Ben Grimm/ Mattdotzeb

ALL the 9th placers I have no idea who will get where, those were just the best I thought. I did not put DoH because of his house and I don't know how much he's practicing, so its up for grabs in 9th place, to me.
You forgot Unknown522 very strong contender for top 5, and possibly higher.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Why not take the transit?

People need to l2public transit. NJ/NY has godlike transportation. i was all over the place when i came for apex.
im sure he will, if he really wants to come. but he'd rather get scooped up by someone who is passing nearby. I live in NJ and hate public trans because its mad expensive. it's not like NY, we don't have couple $ subway -> walk a few blocks afterwards. We have..$12 to the nearest town ONE WAY, and it better be near your destination or you're screwed haha

Yobolight

Smash Lord
The top 6 for Smash 64 really should be streamed
- Great Smash 64 players will be in attendance such as SuPeRbOoMfAn, A$, Sensei, Fireblaster, Kerokeroppi, Nintendude, and more.
- Smash 64 outpaced Project M in pre-registration
- The Project M top 6 is being streamed, and it feels like a slight to 64 players to have the two side-events favored unequally
- The North-East 64 tournament scene is really active and the additional exposure would serve to cement the current momentum.

PLEASE ALEX STRIFE!!!

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Word to Project M. It 'aint no side event, it's the one true Smash game.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Anybody going to be at the hotel tomorrow night,M2k,Salem,vex, and I need housing for one night. let me know if you can help

zebra

Smash Cadet
Anybody going to be at the hotel tomorrow night,M2k,Salem,vex, and I need housing for one night. let me know if you can help

I have room in my room because 3 of the people backed out/are staying in different rooms now. It'll be just me and strawhats as of right now so accomodating 4 more ppl should be fine if a couple people don't mind the floor/pull out bed if there is one.

SlamChops

Smash Rookie
Yo can I sleep on someone's floor in the hotel for one night? Will pay with compliments and high-fives.

Vixen

Premium
anyone wana chill at the bar or something? i dont have a controller right now, and have massive jet-lag i need to kill with a drink or two possibly.

Vixen

Premium
At the venue. So hype.

I'll be giving updates whenever possible.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I like how every tournament that craps out is on the East Coast.

Yuno

Smash Rookie
Anybody know if there's a spectator fee for showing up and just watching/not playing at all? For Sunday

smashmachine

Smash Lord
the irony, Hungrybox loses a set in teams because his teammate got KOed by rest

anyone got a link to brackets/pools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom