• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
Basically I should be a man, play like the japanese, and only play on BF, SV, and FD. In other words as this other person said "cps only undermine the match ups" imo it throws variables in it. I have to learn mus.

you guys over think too much just play and see how it goes but don't forget to use ur brain thats all and try tolling when you play and let me know the result dont be scared to try it either its really fun.:awesome:

PS2 is ****ty. Let's see hm...

The wind force luigi to play with arials (lol) and the stage which looks like the campy part of PS1 is also lame for him. The ice part is good and bad. In one hand, Luigi can uses his full potential with smashes, is difficult to be punished, but in other hand If you want to punish the oppenent, you MUST PS everything, and thats ridicilous.

What he said.

PS2 sucks!

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Why b-throw is one of our worst killing moves?
is a pretty safe kill after 150% for some characters and 200% for others.
But you know...

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
because b-throw doesn't kill your opponent, it just makes them lose a stock.

The SHORYUKEN on the other hand.....

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Lol xero prefer mario then luigi...
Luigi is 99% better than mario

he doesen't have the cape though
--------
i did realised that after some friendlies yesterday
My 6th shoryuken at a human person i got ragequitted because luigi is so good that he can lock like everyone after a jab lol
--------
focus more on the match and less on the stage,player,color,character because that's all in the match get it? think about how the match is going to be played out,control the outcome not the start.
This says a lot though...
Don't risk smashes or punishable **** because you're getting rapd!
---------
Human person was awesome

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I voted because I wanna see smashers who are married to mk cry and rage. Also I want to see if there will be a focus on the high tiers or more focus on lower tiers. Inb4ONEguysaysIcan'tbeatsnakeanddiddysobanthem.
but dude think about it...
I've seen people tell at the boards (No, the game IS balanced, mk just screws it up)
Is not technique, he's just too good, and people don't do nothing about it.

you know akuma?
He got banned from street fighter because no one seem to beat him, EXACTLY like brawl.
but the community is idiot, they don't realize that and keep mk unbanned.
That's why i'm buying a melee CD, because brawl is ****ed up by several idiots on the backroom or whoever makes the ****ing ruleset, they are a bunch of metaknight mains that can't win playing honest, they need to Plank, Camp until the time's out, Tornado the **** out, Up-B THE **** OUT, and a lot of mk gay ****.

i'm sorry about that, i had to take it out >.<

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I've seen people tell at the boards (No, the game IS balanced, mk just screws it up)

you know akuma?
He got banned from street fighter because no one seem to beat him, EXACTLY like brawl.
That's why i'm buying a melee CD, because brawl is ****ed up by several idiots on the backroom or whoever makes the ****ing ruleset, they are a bunch of metaknight mains that can't win playing honest, they need to Plank, Camp until the time's out, Tornado the **** out, Up-B THE **** OUT, and a lot of mk gay ****.

yeah I guess it's pretty true, but I'll just be mad if some other guy says ban so and so. GL in melee though.

yoshq

Smash Master

you know akuma?

i disagree strongly. mk is quite beatable, just not by luigi. snake, wario, falco, diddy, and a few random chars can definitely beat him. tournament results are not very close to enough mk domination to institute an mk ban. at this point, all the pro-ban arguments are mostly opinion based.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
i disagree strongly. mk is quite beatable, just not by luigi. snake, wario, falco, diddy, and a few random chars can definitely beat him. tournament results are not very close to enough mk domination to institute an mk ban. at this point, all the pro-ban arguments are mostly opinion based.
What?
Look at John#'s thread, MK players have (on average) been winning roughly 40% of the winnings in tournament. At times this figure has gone up to 70% of the winnings.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I know most of you guys tired of answering this question, but.....
How can you weegee nado w/o using an midair jump? *Ponders*

All i hear is "Hold down on joystick & mash b-button"
Seeing how you guys do it is effortless.

yoshq

Smash Master
I know most of you guys tired of answering this question, but.....
How can you weegee nado w/o using an midair jump? *Ponders*

All i hear is "Hold down on joystick & mash b-button"
Seeing how you guys do it is effortless.
never hold down. briefly tap down, then release. don't even tap it all the way down, just halfway. it's the same way you do an uptilt in melee without jumping, or do a dtilt with diddy while holding a banana. if you're already fast falling, it won't work - make sure you have no momentum./

Luigisama

Smash Champion
never hold down. briefly tap down, then release. don't even tap it all the way down, just halfway. it's the same way you do an uptilt in melee without jumping, or do a dtilt with diddy while holding a banana. if you're already fast falling, it won't work - make sure you have no momentum./
you trolling man. From Luigi to diddy kong? auto troll.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Or you can buffer the cyclone so that you don't FF.
Or you can mash like a ****ing champion and soar to the godamn moon.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
You guys ever use up'b to block moves? Kind of how sometimes you jab Pika's tjolts. I think it could be a good alternative to power shielding if done correctly. I remember I up'b a marth's fsmash before and then ftilted him.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
You guys ever use up'b to block moves? Kind of how sometimes you jab Pika's tjolts. I think it could be a good alternative to power shielding if done correctly. I remember I up'b a marth's fsmash before and then ftilted him.
sometimes idk I also use it at random occasions not all the time, but I'll do an up b hitting nothing as a mindgame to affect my opponent.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Looking in a deep way, Up-B has ****S of priority, and outpriorizes even smash attacks, it's fun to do it when someone is climbing the ledge.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
can luigi cause any laggy landings on characters? yesterday in tourney and in some friendlies I noticed something like this happened.
1. I was playing a fox in friendlies and we were on YI. I jabbed him in the middle of the stage where it's kind of indented into the ground and I was able to shoruyken him even though we have no jab connections on him. :s maybe he didn't pay attention

2. I was playing against Coontail in LB. We were on Lylat cruise and the ship was tilted like this --> / and I jabbed squirtle(another character we can't do jab stuff with) he landed after the jab and it looked like he did a hard landing motion and I was able to pull off a jab to fsmash.

Explanation for this?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
RCO lag maybe?
maybe, but I remember that Coontail landed after he used his waterfall. Same with the fox player he landed already. Like I know that after you double jump with most characters they land and you can do nothing for awhile, but it's nothing like rco just similar.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'd like to know what you guys think of dash backwards/past aerial opponent-pivot jab-anything as a mix-up. I have poor tech skill so I'm having trouble executing it but I want know if it's worth the practice.

yoshq

Smash Master
I'd like to know what you guys think of dash backwards/past aerial opponent-pivot jab-anything as a mix-up. I have poor tech skill so I'm having trouble executing it but I want know if it's worth the practice.
sounds interesting. only thing i do out of a pivot usually is grab or fsmash

Luigisama

Smash Champion
sounds genius at first, but no one that I play against here falls for things like that. When I do pull this off it's usually because I read my opponents aerial then slide just underneath my opponent and grab them. Otherwise it's completely useless for me and only for show.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You could even just dash through a grounded opponent, perhaps whilst they shield.

I'm pretty sure pivot jab is the fastest option when the opponent is behind Luigi outside of pivot dtilt or upb I think. Plus, most people won't expect a pivot jab.

:phone:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I forget, can you do a pivot jab out of a full dash? If so, how do you do it?

Top Bottom