• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Dyclone

Smash Ace
ive been wondering if jab canceling luigi's jab1 into another jab1 repeatedly is effective, because i've never have gotten the opportunity to do it to another human being

Edit: i've done it before, just that i don't know it it's escapable

jbandrew

Smash Lord
could the last hit for luigi's cyclone be considered as a effective move for stage spikes on opponents with high percentages who are planking? I tried it once and it worked, but I had to time it right.
You can probably do it, but against characters that have good Nairs from the ledge (with invincibility) like MK, id heavily advise against it. Cuz you'll eat a Nair to the face and you'll probably die.

What's up Luigis?

I have a couple of questions I want to ask and I'd like you guys to help me answer them. They're all related to Norfair by the way.

1) How does your character fare with just the stage? Does your character benefit from the layout and the numerous hazards or do they normally hinder you?
2) How does your character generally fare on this stage against certain matchups? Does he excel in a lot of them and only has a few bad MUs, or is he generally bad on this stage against a large portion of the cast?
3) What are some general strategies for your character on this stage? Controlling the center? Stalling? Staying mobile?
4) Overall, would you say that this stage is mostly good for your character, mostly bad, or depends?

Thanks in advance!

This mass survey across most of the character boards is admin approved.

yoshq

Smash Master
What's up Luigis?

I have a couple of questions I want to ask and I'd like you guys to help me answer them. They're all related to Norfair by the way.

1) How does your character fare with just the stage? Does your character benefit from the layout and the numerous hazards or do they normally hinder you?
2) How does your character generally fare on this stage against certain matchups? Does he excel in a lot of them and only has a few bad MUs, or is he generally bad on this stage against a large portion of the cast?
3) What are some general strategies for your character on this stage? Controlling the center? Stalling? Staying mobile?
4) Overall, would you say that this stage is mostly good for your character, mostly bad, or depends?

Thanks in advance!

This mass survey across most of the character boards is admin approved.
It's good and bad for luigi. the size of the stage is very bad, because of his low air speed, he can't get anywhere if camped. the platforms serve him well, though. he's good at platform and shield pressure.

Platforms and shield pressure.....

That would mean that his best strategy would be to control the bottom platform I assume, correct? That way he can "shark" and pressure everyone above him?

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
Platforms and shield pressure.....

That would mean that his best strategy would be to control the bottom platform I assume, correct? That way he can "shark" and pressure everyone above him?
Mind if i help answering?^^

Luigi's Air game is (as well known) pretty nice, so it's a nice advantage to have your opponent on a platform above you (due to not having to shorthop wich will help staying unpredictable). Ofcourse if an opponent is on a lower platform (such as in battlefield) youll be able to shorthop > Uair from under the platform (i prefer Uair in this case) but some opportunities leave your opponent open for other arials (even a Dair spike if you time it extremely well, though i prefer the side knockback in this case). And indeed it will enable you to set up lot's of ways to use ^B though not advised due to high risk.

I hope i have been of some help ^^

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sup. There's been rumors that i'm better off with luigi instead of kirby.
So is there a luigi guide i can get or do i have to do one myself? Because i can.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
Sup. There's been rumors that i'm better off with luigi instead of kirby.
So is there a luigi guide i can get or do i have to do one myself? Because i can.
There are tons of luigi guides in the luigi section!^^

From guides to use his fireballs to guides that involve how to use his jab correctly!
Most of them are centered here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245232

have fun ^^

Luigisama

Smash Champion
what do you guys think about breaking shields with up B? like for example let say your opponent blocks a lot of hits and their shield is really low then up b it to break it. I watched some replays of my matches in tourneys and I saw that there were several times where I could have done it.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
focus more on the match and less on the stage,player,color,character because that's all in the match get it? think about how the match is going to be played out,control the outcome not the start.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
focus more on the match and less on the stage,player,color,character because that's all in the match get it? think about how the match is going to be played out,control the outcome not the start.
Basically I should be a man, play like the japanese, and only play on BF, SV, and FD. In other words as this other person said "cps only undermine the match ups" imo it throws variables in it. I have to learn mus.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
PS2 is ****ty. Let's see hm...

The wind force luigi to play with arials (lol) and the stage which looks like the campy part of PS1 is also lame for him. The ice part is good and bad. In one hand, Luigi can uses his full potential with smashes, is difficult to be punished, but in other hand If you want to punish the oppenent, you MUST PS everything, and thats ridicilous.

PS2 sucks!

Top Bottom