• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
one tactic i use sometimes to stall or think a bit in a match is do a short hop retreating fair then fireball. rinse wash and repeat. Its very good spacing wise, and if they roll in you can react in time and nair them.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Uhm is there a luigi guide here? Cause I'm a luiginoob and I dunno how to recover that good after I have jumped and stuff like that<_<

Lol...

Steam

Smash Hero
lucario can't block it steam gtfo and don't even try ;D
not why I was asking.

If lucario activates sideB in the air it will still grab on the ground as long as he's on the ground by the time the grab box would be out. it ***** falco's and his own jab cancel game.

why would I try to block jab upB? I'd be too busy ****** the Control stick and C-stick trying to DI. But then again if luigi jabs me that close I've ****ed up lol

yoshq

Smash Master
not why I was asking.

If lucario activates sideB in the air it will still grab on the ground as long as he's on the ground by the time the grab box would be out. it ***** falco's and his own jab cancel game.

why would I try to block jab upB? I'd be too busy ****** the Control stick and C-stick trying to DI. But then again if luigi jabs me that close I've ****ed up lol
lol yea u ****ed up. but that's luigi's goal, so don't feel bad if you do. anyway, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199907bo

Steam

Smash Hero
so forcepalm wont stop it D:

BUT if we're frame perfect luc should be able to double team an upB attempt off of hit2 assuming we're frame perfect. It makes me sad to see that we're juuuust floaty enough to get hit by it lol.

edit: then again, it would be much easier to just Ftilt luigi's shield a lot so he never gets in that range :D

Not sure if this has been asked, but what exactly causes Luigi to get stuck in the wall after a green missile?

yoshq

Smash Master
his momentum basically. if he has too much of it, or if he misfires into the wall (maybe only if he misfires) he will stick into it.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

yoshq

Smash Master
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.
worst char: mk
worst stage: fd

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Can I get help on how to perform the backwards reverse glide toss? Is it just throwing it backwards? I don't get what it means by backwards reverse. XD

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Only thing I can think that means is just throwing it backwards. Do a regular glide toss in the direction behind you (throwing the banana in the same direction)

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
umm, if its what i am thinking of, which is the longest glide toss in the game its when you throw the banana the opposite direction you are facing, and different timings will give you different distances.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
you have to mash the sh*t out of the b button if you do not do a jump. If you jump simply just do cyclone. It is easier to do it without fastfalling when you press down to input the cyclone, so just buffer it after a move.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Luigi boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

yoshq

Smash Master
Hello Luigi boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!
bair is crucial, (i always say that) but it outprioritizes rob's nair if done right. jab upb and jab shenanigans are also crucial. luigi is always fighting to get inside, and once he's there he should do at least 50% before getting knocked out again.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
could the last hit for luigi's cyclone be considered as a effective move for stage spikes on opponents with high percentages who are planking? I tried it once and it worked, but I had to time it right.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
yeah true, but atm no one would really expect a luigi to do it. Also this move would be effective on most characters, but probably not all of them and there is the possibility of teching the move.
Just a quick overview of what I did.
1.stage was either FD or BF I can't remember
2. I started doing the cyclone from a decent distance from the edge and drop down below the edge to get under it. Then by the time I to my opponent the cyclone was at the end of the its animation and the last hit hit causing a stage spike.
This is the best way that I can describe what happened and the idea just randomly came to me.

I'm going to try it out more and if I manage to do it again. I'll save the replay and upload it on a comp so maybe we can probably see if we can add it to Luigi's game.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
what is the best way to get a sliding fsmash with Luigi? or more likely how is it done correctly? I always do it by accident.

Top Bottom