• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yes, the battle tower was in R/S/E but I'm sure only emeralds had a factory brain. Im guessing Palmer will be, maybe he will become like steve (or whoever that guy was that ran the park). Though I hope not because I would prefer to battle him like in D/P (I only beat him in the 21 straight fight round but never beyond that).

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OMG BATTLE FRONTIER

ITS A BATTLE WIN OR LO--*gets shot*

any ways whooo
I figured it was a reference to the Battle Frontier Theme (I never watched that season; I stopped somewhere in the middle of Johto), and I checked it and...yeah, afterwards, that made me want to l-o-l out loud. First to get the reference gets a piece of cake.

I finaly got gold in the battle Pike, the only thing I ever got a badge in. gold was easer to me because the milotic for the sliver badge was a pain in the $$$. also I got to the norman dude( the battle factory) but lost to him.
A pain in the "$$$"? It made you lose money? :laugh:
Yeah, I know what you meant. Just had to say that.

We need team galatic to be harder to fight. I remember in G/S/C team rocket at all location pushed your pokemon to the limits. in D/P it seemed like a walk in the park, I do like chalenges, SPECIALY when its the boss(excluding E4)
A walk in the park was more challenging. You're hindered by the wind, birds, leaves...etc. Team Galactic was more like a freak show that you can watch while you're sleeping.

I only ever got three silvers. It's kind of sad, really.:)
I don't think I ever got any awards. Then again, I didn't focus too much on training up or forming a perfect team for it, so that might explain it.

Where do you think they will place the new battle frontier and will it have new facilities??
Serebii.net said:
The Battle Frontier, an area that originated in Pokemon Emerald makes a triumphant return in Pokemon Platinum. Situated in the Fight Area of Sinnoh, the Battle Frontier now only has 5 facilities within it as opposed to the seven original ones. Not much is currently known about the facilities apart from a couple, but one does look like a Prinplup's head.
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/battlefrontier.shtml

Yeah. And I don't see the one that looks like a Prinplup's head, but...maybe it's just me? Oh yeah, and that screenshot that had a castle or whatever in it...apparently, that's part of the Battle Frontier.

More news from Serebii, as well;

I don't think I need to say what my favorite piece of news is...

Oh yeah, and a pretty epic picture:

By the way, I'm decidedly less skeptical about Platinum because...let's face it, it's the best thing to look forward to from Nintendo, at least in my opinion, for now. Especially Pokemon-wise, since the only news we heard at E3 was about the Ranger sequel, which is a spinoff...enough said.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
  • Giratina is obtained at lvl 47
  • There will be battle shops, like emerald
  • Wifi is enhanced

Just some news, now that were getting a lot of updates, i'll be updating the OP in the next few days..

EDIT: Done, I am going to say it again thank you so much bulbapedia :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Okay, fine. Shaymin is legendary. And it is epic and awesome as a legendary. Mew is a cute little cat-like Pokemon and no one complains, so why does Shaymin get looked down upon?

Because every Legendary Cute Pokemon except Mew in one case has been portrayed in a weak sense. We are therefore assuming that Shaymin is weak like Celebi and Jirachi. Mew has its big brother Mewtwo to help him out, anyways.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
O_o ok............older sister.

What do you guys think the new button on the poketch is for?? I heard that the other 2 are for "next" and "previous". That's awesome cause I hated accidentally clicking the button and having to click another 24 times to get to the same app.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Also they should give us the apps you could only aquire by event in DP, like the stop watch and the other thing, YES TO BACK BUTTONS!!!!!!! hated scrolling throught 22 apps to MISS IT AGIN, i ended up going through it 5 times before I got the time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Because every Legendary Cute Pokemon except Mew in one case has been portrayed in a weak sense. We are therefore assuming that Shaymin is weak like Celebi and Jirachi. Mew has its big brother Mewtwo to help him out, anyways.
I think the fact that my Shaymin nearly single-handedly beat my entire Pearl Version should be proof enough that Shaymin isn't weak.

Mew has always been a chick to me. Never a guy.
Mew = Neuter

It seems more effeminate, but it doesn't have a gender.

What do you guys think the new button on the poketch is for?? I heard that the other 2 are for "next" and "previous". That's awesome cause I hated accidentally clicking the button and having to click another 24 times to get to the same app.
Oh god, I hope so. I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place. It was completely stupid.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think the fact that my Shaymin nearly single-handedly beat my entire Pearl Version should be proof enough that Shaymin isn't weak.

Any pokemon that's fully evolved (not all need to be but most, sunkern.....) can be "good" in the right hands. You showed that with shaymin. I might try it with sunkern:laugh: but seriously.......no.

Mew = Neuter

It seems more effeminate, but it doesn't have a gender.

AGREED
Oh god, I hope so. I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place. It was completely stupid.
I know. It sometimes took me 2-3 times to get to the right app as I would always rapid click till I found that I had already passed it :ohwell:

As for this game, I'm really excited about it. It seems like it's going along well and they seem to be adding a significant amount from D/P. More then any game yet (if you count copied stuff like the battle frontier).

Maybe the third one is for a favourite app or something. Maybe it will be something really awesome like a portable radio :O

EDIT: The flower to transform shaymin is only usable by movie shaymin
NOW THIS IS A ROMOUR, so it's not 100% confirmed. I personally hope not or I'm actually going to have to go to an event (which will be the likely alternative for NA). I don't think it's true myself.....

Edited with more picks on the OP. Check it out :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I can't believe i didn't recognize this.

Jasmine does Contests. If I remember Generation II didn't have Contests. If Jasmine does contests and is from Gen II which didn't have contests could that mean a Gen II remake?

I have a feeling this was posted by me.... along time ago...ohh well

Wrath`

Smash Master
I can't believe i didn't recognize this.

Jasmine does Contests. If I remember Generation II didn't have Contests. If Jasmine does contests and is from Gen II which didn't have contests could that mean a Gen II remake?

I have a feeling this was posted by me.... along time ago...ohh well
where? the master round? hmm so many hints, + Gen 3 had the gen 1 remake, odd numbers, so I can see gen 4 geting a gen2 remake, even numbers

Red version= Fire red and Green version= Leaf green, so

Gold= ??? Silver= ???

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So if the flower can only be used on movie Shaymin, then what's the default form...? I really hope it's ground form. It would make sense, as Failed Potato is supposed to be a special form, but...you never know. They might hate me. I wonder how we'll get the event Shaymin (as well as Regigigas) though? Hopefully GameStop events? I really don't want to have to drive another 45 minutes to get a Pokemon. (Toys 'R' Us)

The movies probably aren't going to theaters in America, so that rules that possibility out. Hey, maybe Nintendo will finally wise up and just do a Wi-Fi event for America!

...But I speak blasphemy.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Whene in doubt a little friend called Action replay/Gameshark will come in handy, scince I need another Shaymin after it fled from the GTS somehow.

Thanks for the names Darkslash.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whene in doubt a little friend called Action replay/Gameshark will come in handy, scince I need another Shaymin after it fled from the GTS somehow.

Thanks for the names Darkslash.
Yeah, true. But we'll have to wait until someone finds a code for the event Pokemon (I have no clue how to do that).

Wrath`

Smash Master
Finding the codes will be simple enough, one person gets the event, then somehow breaks into the game and finds the code linked to the Item(shamyins flower) or the event code attached to the special regigiggas. so I dont think it will be that long efore we can accses these events.

Mewter

Smash Master
Waiting for a three day long Nintendo GTS giveaway....:dizzy:
Seriously, they NEVER use it!

Mewter

Smash Master
Regigigas is broken....
and not in a good way.
When I lok at him, I immediately think, "Big, Heavy, and Broken"
That's it.:laugh:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
he just looks like a giant robot that was made incorrectly and malfunctioned more thatn mewtwo

Darkslash

Smash Master
ALERT

POKEMON PLATINUM TRAILER!!!!!!

http://pokebeach.com/news/0708/platinum-trailer.html

I AM NOW SO GETTING THIS GAME!!!!! I think my heart almost skipped a beat

New Trainer Animations: Gardenia was animated
New Gym Layout: Eterna City Gym had Flowers now instead of trees.
It looks like Dawn AND Lucas can be fought: Dawn is seen fighting AND A DOUBLE BATTLE WITH A EMPOLEON,INFERNAPE AND TORTERRA AND A GARCHOMP WAS TAKING PLACE!!!! HOW MANY PEOPLE IN GAME HAVE A GARCHOMP??? I'm sure this is not Wi-fi because it didn't say it was. This could mean that Pearl(rival) And Cynthia go bad

New Pokemon Animations: Pikachu looks at you when sent out.

YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SO GETTTING THIS GAME!!!! MUST CONTROL SELF!!!!!

Mewter

Smash Master
ALERT

POKEMON PLATINUM TRAILER!!!!!!

http://pokebeach.com/news/0708/platinum-trailer.html

I AM NOW SO GETTING THIS GAME!!!!! I think my heart almost skipped a beat

New Trainer Animations: Gardenia was animated
New Gym Layout: Eterna City Gym had Flowers now instead of trees.
It looks like Dawn AND Lucas can be fought: Dawn is seen fighting AND A DOUBLE BATTLE WITH A EMPOLEON,INFERNAPE AND TORTERRA AND A GARCHOMP WAS TAKING PLACE!!!! HOW MANY PEOPLE IN GAME HAVE A GARCHOMP??? I'm sure this is not Wi-fi because it didn't say it was. This could mean that Pearl(rival) And Cynthia go bad

New Pokemon Animations: Pikachu looks at you when sent out.

YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SO GETTTING THIS GAME!!!! MUST CONTROL SELF!!!!!

Eh, I feel the same WAY!!!!!!!!
Almost.:urg:
I mean, come on. What if it isn't as good as we expected?(Brawl)
It has a lot of Eye candy, I'll give it that.
2 new forms.
493 Pokemon we already have.
Same Game.
I can spend $35 on something else, if needed.
Maybe we should lay off on spoilers, since that's what ruined Diamond and Brawl for me?
Just saying.

But anyways, it looks promising. Better graphics, better storyline, more thought put into it, some more pokemon forms.... and possibly more chances for online play.
I like it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Looks awesome. I like it even more now.

I'll add video to OP once again with credits :)
I just found it but Pokebeach posted it, so put a link up for their site too. They got it before Serebii.

Any ways it looks like Cyrus might give a Hitler speech(ZOMG) then you get to battle Dawn/Lucas. Then it looks like Pearl teams up with Cynthia from the looks of it, as she is the only one with a Garchomp.

Wrath`

Smash Master
This game looks mad awesome, can not wait to obtain. But I am holding my excitment for big news, I can FEEL that thier will be some soon.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I just found it but Pokebeach posted it, so put a link up for their site too. They got it before Serebii.

Any ways it looks like Cyrus might give a Hitler speech(ZOMG) then you get to battle Dawn/Lucas. Then it looks like Pearl teams up with Cynthia from the looks of it, as she is the only one with a Garchomp.
I think your jumping to conclutions. What you said is very possible but in only is a battle between the starters final form and a garchomp. It could be a union battle or something. What you said though is possible as no one knows the full story.

Mewter

Smash Master
You know what would be cool?
A level 70 Elite four, like in Fire Red and Leaf Green! Seriously, that had the best Elite four!
Also, do away with the stupid champions, and bring Gary(Blue) Back! That'd be awesome!
If this game ends up being 50%better than I expect it to be, then I'm getting it!:laugh:

Maybe.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
You know what would be cool?
A level 70 Elite four, like in Fire Red and Leaf Green! Seriously, that had the best Elite four!
Also, do away with the stupid champions, and bring Gary(Blue) Back! That'd be awesome!
If this game ends up being 50%better than I expect it to be, then I'm getting it!:laugh:

Maybe.
This isnt a new Gen. There going to improve on stuff but not totally change the whole concept. It would be a foolish choice on nintendo's part to do that. If they want to make a whole new idea and change everything, they would do it in a new gen. That drastic of a change could make some happy and others upset. Though if it were to happen in the 5th gen it would be a new area (or if you go by spire's idea then 4 joined regions) and it would be acceptable to change things to a new way.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
This isnt a new Gen. There going to improve on stuff but not totally change the whole concept. It would be a foolish choice on nintendo's part to do that. If they want to make a whole new idea and change everything, they would do it in a new gen. That drastic of a change could make some happy and others upset. Though if it were to happen in the 5th gen it would be a new area (or if you go by spire's idea then 4 joined regions) and it would be acceptable to change things to a new way.
Well I think like Emerald, this will feel like a completely different gen. I hope all three main legends can be caught (palkia, Dialga, Giratina) as in Emerald. But overall Platinum looks so
AWESOME

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well I think like Emerald, this will feel like a completely different gen. I hope all three main legends can be caught (palkia, Dialga, Giratina) as in Emerald. But overall Platinum looks so
AWESOME
I agree but bringing back Gary/Blue seems like it's to big of a change. Plus taking away the champion would get rid of the idea of the E4. Maybe for 5th gen but not this gen.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I think your jumping to conclutions. What you said is very possible but in only is a battle between the starters final form and a garchomp. It could be a union battle or something. What you said though is possible as no one knows the full story.
If it was a union battle wouldn't it be shown after Wi-Fi logo not to confuse people? I just wish i understand japanese word to word instead of getting a vague thing...

EDIt: Also noticed something

General Rule of thumb is that

Your Rival has the type advantage and your friend rival has the weaker type.

the player had a Infernape, person beside him had a empoleon and the opponent had a Torterra.

This could also support the rival+you battling Rowan's assistant and Cynthia

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also noticed something

General Rule of thumb is that

Your Rival has the type advantage and your friend rival has the weaker type.

the player had a Infernape, person beside him had a empoleon and the opponent had a Torterra.

This could also support the rival+you battling Rowan's assistant and Cynthia
Ah, but you're forgetting that your Pokemon is on the left, meaning that the player had an Empoleon and was teaming up with Lucas/Dawn, fighting the Rival and Cynthia, assuming we're pulling from that group of people.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just watched that video and Platinum looks awesome. Makes me want to play my Diamond if I can just find it...

Mewter

Smash Master
On Topic:
I need to retrain a Torterra and Kabutops.... and give them awesome nicknames!:laugh:

Off topic:
Whee! New sig!

On Topic:
I'm having serious thoughts on grtting Platinum.:laugh:
But I already have all the Pokemon I need. Maybe there are some in there that I can't get in Diamond?:laugh:

PS: I'm miles away from my Diamond, so I can't get it.:laugh:

Top Bottom