• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
He's still an appliance. If you could possess anything in the world, would you honestly possess a refrigerator?

Now, if he possessed an SNES, or an NES, or an N64, or any other video game system, that'd be one thing. If he possessed a Power Suit, that'd be awesome. If he possessed some electronic things, it'd be awesome and I wouldn't mind.

It's what he chose to possess that's stupid.
Wrong answer again!! Read Rotom's Pokedex entry, he's being true to it. And seriously, how is a haunted lawnmower lame? Answer was, 'It's not.'

Or it could be "I FAIL" for all five.
Sorry, but they win.

Seriously, what did you guys want from Rotom? First he gets a new form, and you complain about how he possessed 'lame stuff.' Then you hear he gets his stats WAY boosted, but learn that he only learns one extra move, and you guys get all pissy. Seriously, wtf?

Walking in Amity Square with Groudon will be too good.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^above:
:link:
Ganondorf's theme? El oh El. I haven't noticed. That would be cool though.;)

Update the thread? I know there isn't much to update, but. . .

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^above:
:link:
Ganondorf's theme? El oh El. I haven't noticed. That would be cool though.;)

Update the thread? I know there isn't much to update, but. . .
I'll try but there is so much I have to do and trying to juggle school at the same time is hard.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Gallade

Smash Cadet
Some friend told me that Platinum added a new feature that you could battle random people through wifi like in PBR, but 6 vs 6 not 3 vs 3, sounds too good to be true, so any of you guys know if it's true ?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've heard that too...I'm not far enough in it to confirm that though.

All I know is the wi-fi room with tons of people is really fun. :psycho: Only bad part is the minigames fill up fast...

Gallade

Smash Cadet
The real question of that would be. What if people use hacked pokémons ? For example, I saw some vid on you tube a Garchomp ( Good thing he's uber now, still most kids use ubers nowadays. :ohwell: ) had Dragon Dance, seriously what the hell. Or some special Salamence with ice beam.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The real question of that would be. What if people use hacked pokémons ? For example, I saw some vid on you tube a Garchomp ( Good thing he's uber now, still most kids use ubers nowadays. :ohwell: ) had Dragon Dance, seriously what the hell. Or some special Salamence with ice beam.
LOL wut? Seriously what n00bs. Be awesome if Nitnendo can ban Carts..

Gallade

Smash Cadet
Yeah I know man, and I hope Nintendo does the same thing like with PBR, that if a pokemon had more ev's or Iv's or something they would turn into bad eggs. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a 2nd PBR, since Platinum is coming soon and they're gonna add the new Rotoms and the Giratina and Shaymin's fly form. I hate PBR's random wifi 3 vs 3 is boring, and they need to add rules like no ubers or something, I saw some kid with a Kyogre, Mewtwo, Palkia, Dialga, and even Darkrai. Darkrai was the only one annoying with Dark Void though.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I love the new look for Dawn, I'm going to use it... or maybe I should stick to my gender... or maybe I should by two of it... WHICH ONE!!! T_T

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I love the new look for Dawn, I'm going to use it... or maybe I should stick to my gender... or maybe I should by two of it... WHICH ONE!!! T_T
My friend choose the girl so he could get items off boys. This was before he knew he couldn't talk on wifi, unless there is friends.

He's had a habit of doing stuff like this ever since he played games like......runescape. He would be a girl and....do stuff......so they would give him free money and items :p.

-:bowser:Bowser King

zrky

Smash Lol'd
shellos looks cool, dialga and palkia look like the new toys which are the size of your D*** hand

Darkslash

Smash Master
CAPTAIN FALCON SAY----wait wrong series ohh..

Platinum has just released a North American date. March 22nd 09....that was until Circuit City took off the item.

Yea its been up for a week now and i was kinda slow due to the fact that this thread was buried even under the search files.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hell yea, the DSi and Platinum is comming soon, I'm about to get both. I'm looking fowdward to the new Dawn, no offence Lucas. :p

Darkslash

Smash Master
If the DSi comes around the same as Platinum expect them both to get Massive sales.

Platinum already gone double Platinum in Japan. If the Wii went 2 mil in 1 month, my God...

rockcrab100

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Platinum

The new Pokemon sequel to Pear and Diamond; Pokemon Platinum is being released in a few months.
Discuss;
  • Differences from other games
  • What you want changed
  • New formes of legendary pokemon
  • Are you buying the game? Why or why not?

Have fun, be polite and discuss. :D

WouW

Smash Lord
The new Pokemon sequel to Pear and Diamond; Pokemon Platinum is being released in a few months.

Discuss;
Yay. Everybody knows everything about it already, so?

• Differences from other games
Uhh, Hypnosis' accuracy changed? Salamence and Scizor got downright broken, and...
  • What you want changed
We can't change what's already happened.
  • New formes of legendary pokemon
Skymin, Giratina-O, Rotom-A... and? What are you attempting to tell us?
  • Are you buying the game? Why or why not?
Probably.

Have fun, be polite and discuss. :D
Scizor is broken.
Salamence is broken as well.
Nintendo hates its customers.
Hypnosis got nerfed.

End discussion.

(this is probably going to be locked)

D

Deleted member

I want Hypnosis to stay at 60%, Stealth Rock to hit all pokes for neutral damage likes Spikes does, and Focus Sash removed. I also want all Platinum move additions undone, save for Dragonite and Mamoswine receiving Superpower.

While I'm dreaming, I guess a BLT would be nice right about now. And a million dollars.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
How are Salamance and Scizor broken by chance?

I know Gardevoir gets Signal Beam, which can replace Shadowball for her Psychic/Dark coverage. Not to mention it gives her Grass Coverage, which she doesn't have much of.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
How are Salamance and Scizor broken by chance?

I know Gardevoir gets Signal Beam, which can replace Shadowball for her Psychic/Dark coverage. Not to mention it gives her Grass Coverage, which she doesn't have much of.
Scizor now has bullet punch and with technician+STAB thats a 90 base power move with priority on a poke with 591 attack (assuming it has LO of course)

Salamance now has outrage. and DD outrage from salamance hurts.

D

Deleted member

you're thinking 512. 591 is base 130, + nature, and a choice item boost (1.5). eg soul dew modest latios.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have the japanese version of the game, and its a lot different so far. the entire beginning of the game is played out differently. but i dont even know whats really going on cause i cant read japanese.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I like most of the change of Platinum (Hypnosis's accuracy falling, Azelf getting elemental punches, Superpower for alot of pokes, NP/Trick Darkrai), but I don't like Bullet Punching Scizor and Outraging Salamance. I was kinda disappointed that alot of Fire-types got left out in updating (No good Special moves for Typhlosion, no good Physical STAB for Flareon/Entei...that's all I can think of on the top of my head)

Top Bottom