• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
More pics on serebii.

I don't really understand what picture 54 has to do with the battle recorder but I think Skyler would like it :).
Let me guess, Jigglypuff?

...Yup, a bunch of them. And it's heart-shaped, too.

WOAH woah woah woah woah, hold on.

Serebii said:
Secondly, some further details about the WiFi Room. Firstly, it appears you can only spend a certain amount of time in it each day.
What the hell? Now Nintendo's dictating how long we do something?

Darkslash

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l1IunZOmB4

I just found this, didn't know if you updated it or not.

I don't like the new outfits.

Are they advertising mini-games in there?
Yea thats the Pokemon Fiesta trailer i posted a page back.

I like Lucas out fit but Dawn's is kinda contradictory. Why wear all those warm clothes but then keep your legs bare
fanservice

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yea thats the Pokemon Fiesta trailer i posted a page back.

I like Lucas out fit but Dawn's is kinda contradictory. Why wear all those warm clothes but then keep your legs bare
fanservice
If you haven't noticed almost all (if not ALL) young women wore short skirts / dresses in the anime / games for Pokemon at least..

I think the only exception is the garden girls in ruby/sapphire.

Edit: Ahh Mah God. I saw Piplup following Dawn! Please let this feature be in Platinum!

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Ahh Mah God. I saw Piplup following Dawn! Please let this feature be in Platinum!
MAAAAYBE. It may just be in that little garden place. It was pretty useless. But if they do let Pokemon follow you. Rayquaza. That's who I want following me. Rayquaza.
Edit: Yeh, it looks like the garden, but it looks alot bigger. I'm still hoping.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
MAAAAYBE. It may just be in that little garden place. It was pretty useless. But if they do let Pokemon follow you. Rayquaza. That's who I want following me. Rayquaza.
Edit: Yeh, it looks like the garden, but it looks alot bigger. I'm still hoping.
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Looks like Nintendo expanded on Pokemon they think are "cute".

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Serebii said:
In The Games Department

Platinum Tidbits
A third official site came up today covering the same stuff as before. However, it brought up a few new tidbits and confirmation of certain things. These are all relatively minor but still news worthy

• [*]The Underground is confirmed to be Wireless only and not WiFi
    [*]Over Local Wireless, there is a new feature where you and your friends put in your eggs and it seems to toss them up. From this, it would appear that you will each get a random egg from this. Handy as you'll never know if you'll get a decent Pokémon that evolves into a further decent Pokémon and has various egg moves, or if you'll get a Magikarp
    [*]In the Battle Frontier, there's a stall that sells you scratchcards for your Battle Points. With these scratch cards, you have the ability of getting many items including berries. However, it's random so you could end up with very little
10platinums

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I agree 100% with the Rayquaza thing.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Okay i'm going to pirate the 2nd last game. The Japanese version of Platinum :laugh: so if possible i'm just going to keep updates story wise and not dialouge(can't read japanese lulz)

for those wondering what my last pirated game will be its KH358/2 days

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I got this yesterday. Can't read Japanese, but I'm doing alright just following DP guides to get through things. Sky Form Shaymin is going to be sooooo good in battles. Serene Grace means it gets an 80% chance to flinch with Air Slash and an 80% chance to drop SpDef by 2 stages with Seed Flare. It also gets base 125 speed, 100 hp, 120 SpAtk... yikes!

Yaya

Smash Champion
Did he get struck by lightning and the lightning made a clone of himself or something?

That seems like something Nintendo would make up.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Not sure who replaced him. I tried not to read the info I posted. All I know is he got replaced and is
at the Battle frontier, teaming up with flint

I'm not sure if that means he's not the gym leader anymore but I think I read somewhere that he isn't.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not sure who replaced him. I tried not to read the info I posted. All I know is he got replaced and is
at the Battle frontier, teaming up with flint

I'm not sure if that means he's not the gym leader anymore but I think I read somewhere that he isn't.
SPOILER ABOUT 8TH GYM LEADER AND CHAMPION:

I heard from Serebii initially that the eighth gym leader and the Champion were supposed to change. However, with Serebii's coverage of the game over the past few days, they've depicted both Volkner and Cynthia as retaining their spots. He and Flint team up at the Battle Frontier, but they are still a Gym Leader/Elite Four Member.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Man, this is going to be a great game, the ledgendary birds sighting will be treated like it was with the dogs in FR/LG? makes the most sense.

I am going to kick the battle roulette leaders butt, her sprite annoys me.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
yes, I looks like a GREAT game, but what bugs me is one of my friends has it AWELREADY:mad:, but he can't read japaneese:laugh:

Wrath`

Smash Master
I still wonder why pokemon takes forever to get to other places besides japan, there is not much localazation, all you need to do is translate japeneese to english/french/ect.., it is not like Pheonix Wright where localization was key due to american jokes/refrencese. I will always wonder.

mabey this game will motivate me to EV train, MABEY....i have 6 lv97 wiating for some EV love.

A_man13

Smash Master
Not really noteworthy if you ask me, though it does have a sweet moveset and good forms (rotom).

@Koarin: Any RPG takes a long time to localize. For pokemon, you got:

-Text translation
-Battle system translation
-Changing names
-Regonal code stuff
-Some wifi stuff (not that likely)

And even then, it takes time to produce the game and let hype build (which is probably the main reason).

It's really a shame my parents banned RPG's in my house all due to Diamond (though not at all unfounded). I kinda wanna get platnum, but I absolutly know that'll never happen unless I get some really con poluted scheme.

Edit: that was off topic

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Rotom actually has a backstory as to why it is able to become appliances. *See Serebii.net*.
Also, I hate myself for even owning an r4... :( .
Say no to pirates!
It's still fighting as an appliance, which still makes it bad.

I don't get it, what's so bad about R4? Doesn't that just rip the game onto your computer? Unless you're sharing it with other people, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, quite the opposite -- it lets you back up save files.

And if you don't want it, just give it to me. ;)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Ugh...

Before a mod comes in and tries to lock us for ROM discussion, let me explain again exactly HOW ROMs and Emulators are perfectly legal. On Nintendo's website they say that you are allowed to have backups of systems and games as long as you own a copy of the system and game. So, if you own a DS (who doesn't) and a copy of Platinum (which everybody will be getting, except for me), it's PERFECTLY LEGAL.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
He's possessed an appliance. What's lame about that?
He's still an appliance. If you could possess anything in the world, would you honestly possess a refrigerator?

Now, if he possessed an SNES, or an NES, or an N64, or any other video game system, that'd be one thing. If he possessed a Power Suit, that'd be awesome. If he possessed some electronic things, it'd be awesome and I wouldn't mind.

It's what he chose to possess that's stupid.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
He's still an appliance. If you could possess anything in the world, would you honestly possess a refrigerator?

Now, if he possessed an SNES, or an NES, or an N64, or any other video game system, that'd be one thing. If he possessed a Power Suit, that'd be awesome. If he possessed some electronic things, it'd be awesome and I wouldn't mind.

It's what he chose to possess that's stupid.
No...imagine....Rotom....possesing a ROB.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Catch phrases of various Rotom forms:

Frost: "I will FREEZER you!"
Spin: "I'll blow a cool breeze on everybody else EXCEPT for you!"
Wash: "I'll mix up your reds and whites, ruining ALL your clothes!"
Cut: "I AM NOT A GAS MOWER. FEAR ME."
Heat: "I will pop your popcorn!"

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
catch Phrases Of Various Rotom Forms:

Frost: "i Will Freezer You!"
Spin: "i'll Blow A Cool Breeze On Everybody Else Except For You!"
Wash: "i'll Mix Up Your Reds And Whites, Ruining All Your Clothes!"
Cut: "i Am Not A Gas Mower. Fear Me."
Heat: "i Will Pop Your Popcorn!"
Rob: I Am Epic

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
SNES: I'm so epic that Rotom implodes if it tries to take my form.
After all, it can play Super Metroid, and that alone > all.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Catch phrases of various Rotom forms:

Frost: "I will FREEZER you!"
Spin: "I'll blow a cool breeze on everybody else EXCEPT for you!"
Wash: "I'll mix up your reds and whites, ruining ALL your clothes!"
Cut: "I AM NOT A GAS MOWER. FEAR ME."
Heat: "I will pop your popcorn!"
I thought washer was "FEAR MY RINCE CYCLE OF DEATH"

Firus

BRoomer