• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pokemon Platinum Thread

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Novi God (Goat)

That's what I think of Arceus. Burn that goat.
Haha, totally agreed. I think I'll take my Shaymin to Diamond and train it up a bit more, than put it back in Pearl and do a complete overkill of the goat. First though, I'll do an OHKO on Darkrai...

Completely owning every legendary with a little hedgehog is fun.

I did the same to get my shaymin in Pearl(I prefer to leave my Diamond intact from gamesharks or AR), but I think it's acctually legitamet since you didn't get it automatically, you got it where you were supposed to, but thats my opinion.
Quick question, do you know how to load more codes onto the AR. Im asking because I tied it, but instead it deleted everything and it says the memory is full WTF!
Yeah, that's the way I like to think of it. I went into battle and legitimately caught it. That's as legitimate as you can get without going to an event.

As for uploading more codes onto the AR, you have the program on your computer, right? Link the AR to the computer with it in the DS and turned on. I believe it should automatically update, meaning it should add your codes back on if they're deleted. Then, create a new codelist and copy and paste the game whose codes you want to add to in that codelist. Click the plus next to the game's name to extend all of the codes. Now right click in that window and hit "Add new cheat". There, you put in the name of the cheat and paste or type in the code you want to put in. Now drag and drop the game in the new codelist into the main window, with the codes on your DS. It should update your AR now (it'll show up on the DS with a bar showing the progress--it shouldn't take long unless you added a ton of stuff).

I think that should work.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think anything over 6 hacks per power on in third gen causes glitches with AR. I'm not sure about the number in fourth gen.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Haha, totally agreed. I think I'll take my Shaymin to Diamond and train it up a bit more, than put it back in Pearl and do a complete overkill of the goat. First though, I'll do an OHKO on Darkrai...

Completely owning every legendary with a little hedgehog is fun.

Yeah, that's the way I like to think of it. I went into battle and legitimately caught it. That's as legitimate as you can get without going to an event.

As for uploading more codes onto the AR, you have the program on your computer, right? Link the AR to the computer with it in the DS and turned on. I believe it should automatically update, meaning it should add your codes back on if they're deleted. Then, create a new codelist and copy and paste the game whose codes you want to add to in that codelist. Click the plus next to the game's name to extend all of the codes. Now right click in that window and hit "Add new cheat". There, you put in the name of the cheat and paste or type in the code you want to put in. Now drag and drop the game in the new codelist into the main window, with the codes on your DS. It should update your AR now (it'll show up on the DS with a bar showing the progress--it shouldn't take long unless you added a ton of stuff).

I think that should work.
Im pretty sure hedgehog owning is very fun:laugh:

That's what i thought it was supposed to do, but then it said it was deleting the files. Now whenever I try to add new ones it's says the memory is full:confused:

I think anything over 6 hacks per power on in third gen causes glitches with AR. I'm not sure about the number in fourth gen.
Well I only used 3 pokesaves with gameshark on Pearl and then 7 months later used the AR. I think my AR is screwy

Wrath`

Smash Master
Sonic vs. Shaymin FIGHT!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with platnuim, but if any of you have arceus, go to its cry on the pokedex and make the cry repeat now make it go in slow mo by holding the bottom half of the pokeball(has lines) in slo mow arceus has the SCARIEST cry ever. it is just wow.

also holding the top part of the pokeball makes the cry sound like it does when you hear it out of battle(like when you click on rayquaza to induce a fight it was diffrent)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Sonic vs. Shaymin FIGHT!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with platnuim, but if any of you have arceus, go to its cry on the pokedex and make the cry repeat now make it go in slow mo by holding the bottom half of the pokeball(has lines) in slo mow arceus has the SCARIEST cry ever. it is just wow.

also holding the top part of the pokeball makes the cry sound like it does when you hear it out of battle(like when you click on rayquaza to induce a fight it was diffrent)
Thankyou for the interesting point. Ill try it later.

Is anyone going to get the movie regigigas inorder to get the original three regis in Platinum, I was just wondering.:colorful:the best smily

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thankyou for the interesting point. Ill try it later.

Is anyone going to get the movie regigigas inorder to get the original three regis in Platinum, I was just wondering.:colorful:the best smily
I'll try that If AND ONLY IF I only have to drop off at GameStop or something. I refuse to pay to get it, or pay to see that movie.

And if it's at Toys 'R' Us again, I may consider not going. As nice as it would be, my closest Toys 'R' Us is a good distance away.

I can just trade from Diamond if I'm desperate for them. Which I may not be. After finishing my Diamond Pokedex, I severely doubt I'll feel like filling up another 493 Pokemon Pokedex.

EDIT:Wow.

So I was going around and defeating whichever legendaries I could with Shaymin (excluding Heatran and Regigigas because they require more work than they're worth). I started with Giratina, who was relatively difficult. His HP was hard to whittle down. I defeated him though, fairly easily. Then I decided to finally track down Mesprit and did an OHKO on it. But that's not the interesting part.

I also used my AR to activate the Arceus Event, basically meaning I just get an Azure Flute. I went up to Spear Pillar and it automatically said "The Azure Flute is making a sound, would you like to blow into it?" So of course, I clicked yes, activating the staircase leading to the Hall of Origin. I went up and fought Arceus. Wow. 4 hits and he was down. It was easier than Giratina, for heaven's sake. I used Energy Ball 3 times, Magical Leaf the fourth. He used Refresh all 3 of his moves (I was faster than him). So then I went back down and left so I could come back in and enter the Speak Pillar portion of the place (the staircase blocks entrance to it). The staircase was gone, but when I crossed that spot, it asked me again about the Azure Flute. I went back up, expecting...well, nothing, and found Arceus, yet again! I fought him again. This time he was a bit more troublesome because he used Recover, Hyper Beam, and Future Sight (which never hit me). Still pretty easy, though. Then I went back out and declined when it asked me about the flute again, and went into the Spear Pillar section to find...Palkia? I couldn't fight it, but it was just sitting there. I'm sure it just happened because I killed it instead of capturing it, though. The weirdest part was that I went back out yet again and went back up and...the platform Arceus stands on is transparent, so I looked down to see if I could find Palkia, but I could see the spot it belonged in and it wasn't there. At this point I was forced to fight Arceus but was too lazy to fight him a third time (even though it took little to no effort) so I just ran. And it worked.

Wow.

Oh, and The wrath of Koarin, you're right, it does sound kind of eerie. Kind of odd that such a lame goat (which can be beaten by a cute little hedgehog 2 levels above it easily) has such an eerie sounding cry when you mess with it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I also used my AR to activate the Arceus Event, basically meaning I just get an Azure Flute. I went up to Spear Pillar and it automatically said "The Azure Flute is making a sound, would you like to blow into it?" So of course, I clicked yes, activating the staircase leading to the Hall of Origin. I went up and fought Arceus. Wow. 4 hits and he was down. It was easier than Giratina, for heaven's sake. I used Energy Ball 3 times, Magical Leaf the fourth. He used Refresh all 3 of his moves (I was faster than him). So then I went back down and left so I could come back in and enter the Speak Pillar portion of the place (the staircase blocks entrance to it). The staircase was gone, but when I crossed that spot, it asked me again about the Azure Flute. I went back up, expecting...well, nothing, and found Arceus, yet again! I fought him again. This time he was a bit more troublesome because he used Recover, Hyper Beam, and Future Sight (which never hit me). Still pretty easy, though. Then I went back out and declined when it asked me about the flute again, and went into the Spear Pillar section to find...Palkia? I couldn't fight it, but it was just sitting there. I'm sure it just happened because I killed it instead of capturing it, though. The weirdest part was that I went back out yet again and went back up and...the platform Arceus stands on is transparent, so I looked down to see if I could find Palkia, but I could see the spot it belonged in and it wasn't there. At this point I was forced to fight Arceus but was too lazy to fight him a third time (even though it took little to no effort) so I just ran. And it worked.
Sounds like a good place to rack up experience. Great glitch.

Hope it's Missingno. next time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sounds like a good place to rack up experience. Great glitch.

Hope it's Missingno. next time.
Yep. Easy experience. You'd think the "god" of Pokemon would...you know, be a little better? I wasn't even levels ahead of it like I was every other legendary. Just two.

And hopefully it will be. Maybe he'll be a bit more of a challenge than Failed Goat (New name I just thought of for Arceus, do you think it'll stick?).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yep. Easy experience. You'd think the "god" of Pokemon would...you know, be a little better? I wasn't even levels ahead of it like I was every other legendary. Just two.

And hopefully it will be. Maybe he'll be a bit more of a challenge than Failed Goat (New name I just thought of for Arceus, do you think it'll stick?).
If Arceus was more like a Giraffe, I would adore it.

But it's a goat thing. Failed Goat is more than appropriate, but as an alternate name, let's call it Novi Goat ;) hehe.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If Arceus was more like a Giraffe, I would adore it.

But it's a goat thing. Failed Goat is more than appropriate, but as an alternate name, let's call it Novi Goat ;) hehe.
Yeah, let's just call it Novi Goat. Failed Potato can have the "Failed" name.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, let's just call it Novi Goat. Failed Potato can have the "Failed" name.
For the record, this is what Arceus is based off of:

If it looked like that, I would like it so much more, but its design is far too spacey and delicate for my liking. A "God" needs to have a fine build and stature like the above pic. By the way, that's called Qilin or Kirin (like the Esper from the Final Fantasy series). Arceus is like a robot goat ballerina and I hate it.

Here's a link to Wikipedia page on Qilin.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'll try that If AND ONLY IF I only have to drop off at GameStop or something. I refuse to pay to get it, or pay to see that movie.

And if it's at Toys 'R' Us again, I may consider not going. As nice as it would be, my closest Toys 'R' Us is a good distance away.

I can just trade from Diamond if I'm desperate for them. Which I may not be. After finishing my Diamond Pokedex, I severely doubt I'll feel like filling up another 493 Pokemon Pokedex.
you can only get it when you buy the ticket, so I guess you wont be getting it. Sadly, they fixed it so that only the special movie regigigas can be used to get the other regis. I know it sucks and it's stupid.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
you can only get it when you buy the ticket, so I guess you wont be getting it. Sadly, they fixed it so that only the special movie regigigas can be used to get the other regis. I know it sucks and it's stupid.
In Japan. The Darkrai we got from Toys 'R' Us was only available by pre-ordering the ticket for the 10th movie in Japan, so I wouldn't necessarily say that we'll have to buy the ticket for the 11th movie to get the Regigigas.

In any case, I have an AR; if all else fails, I'll do the event using that. I'm sure someone will be able to get a code for the event, as there's one for Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, and Manaphy. Plus, I've seen ones for the GameStop Deoxys and the Toys 'R' Us Darkrai. I'd be surprised if it weren't possible to do that.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YA, I would do the same, exept my frickin AR says it's out of memory when it deleted everything. Im glad I at least got Shaymin out of it. Also with the walk anywhere you could just walk to where they are.:colorful:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey Bowser, I wasn't sure if you'd noticed or not yet, but Serebii updated with a bunch of Platinum stuff yesterday (I myself have been forgetting to check and just realized it this morning).

• Platinum is for release on September 13th, 2008 in Japan.
  • Galactic is still in the game (unfortunately), but apparently their plans (and HQ) have been upgraded.
  • The Battle Frontier is returning! Yay!
  • The Wifi Area will now support 20 people at one time.
  • There's now a Swalot machine for Poffin making...I don't quite understand that, but I suppose we'll have to play the game to see what it's like.
  • You can now record matches and send them to friends via WiFi, in the GTS. (Please don't screw this one up and make only 3 minute matches saveable...)
  • The GTS has been improved--one of the previous screenshots we saw was at the GTS.
  • Shaymin's form changes have been confirmed, and Giratina can only use his Origin Form in the Torn World.
  • Failed Potato's ability is Serene Grace; it will focus more on Speed and Special Attack, and knows the move Air Cutter.
  • Giratina's Origin Form's Ability is Levitate.
  • Some of the Pokemon (or perhaps all of them, we haven't seen all of them yet) will have new sprites. Confirmed changes include Bidoof, Shaymin, and Giratina's Another Form.
  • The new characters shown last month have been confirmed. One is a member of Galactic and the other is a member of a police force tracking Galactic.

This is my source for info, and Serebii also posted some new pictures here.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, hopefully. They did it in PBR so there's not much of a reason why they can't have random battles in Platinum as well. I wonder what they'll do with the GTS, though? Maybe they'll find some way to clean it up. Right now it's full of Bidoof and extremely rare Pokemon, both asking for impossible or very rare Pokemon. It's practically useless. There might be one or two reasonable trades on the entire GTS.

Also, just as a note, I didn't have access to a second DS at one point yesterday and decided to try doing a trade from my Diamond Version to my Pearl versionvia the GTS. Surprisingly, neighther of them were taken, but the trade didn't work. It might've been because I tried trading my Shaymin...but in any case, when I tried seeking either Shaymin or the Pokemon I tried trading (which I changed a few times), I didn't find MY Shaymin/other Pokemon, I found other people's, or in Shaymin's case, no others. And it's supposed to do an auto-trade if you put something up for trade and request a Pokemon that's already up asking for the Pokemon you're trading. But it didn't.
So just as advice to everyone else, I don't suggest trying the GTS for regular trades. Because you risk losing your Pokemon and it probably won't work.

Ilex

Smash Ace
The GTS would be good if the nubs never abused it. Maybe Nintendo could adjust it by making the GTS only trade shinies, Pokemon over lvl 80 and other legendaries to obtain a legendary. Trading tiers, if you want to call it that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The GTS would be good if the nubs never abused it. Maybe Nintendo could adjust it by making the GTS only trade shinies, Pokemon over lvl 80 and other legendaries to obtain a legendary. Trading tiers, if you want to call it that.
Yeah, that'd be nice. Anything they can do to stop GTS abuse by 10 year-olds would be great.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about trading tiers and I think I have a system which could work. Pokemon are judged on 2 values; their 'PokeValue' and level.

PokeValue is dependant on the species of the Pokemon and not on the individual Pokemon itself. It combines their base stats and how rare they are. The 3 ranks of PokeValue are Primary, Intermediate, Advanced, and Special. Primary Pokemon are common and have weak stats. Some examples are Bidoof, Hoppip, and pretty much every other first stage Pokemon. Intermediate Pokemon are usually the first evolution of a common Pokemon, weak but rare Pokemon, etc. An example of this is Magby, Flaafy, and Sandslash. Advanced Pokemon are the strongest, usually being the last in an evolution series, very rare, or just rally powerful. Some examples are Charizard, Rotom, and Chansey. The last PokeValue rank is Special, which means legendaries and shinies, regardless of species.

Level is then added onto the PokeValue to make 7 tiers. P stands for Primary, I for Intermediate,and A for Advanced.
1st Tier: P less than level 20.
2nd Tier: P 21-40 | I less than 20.
3rd Tier: P 41-60 | I 21-40 | A less than 20.
4th Tier: P 61-80 | I 41-60 | A 21-40
5th Tier: P 81-100 | I 61-80 | A 41-60
6th Tier: I 81-100 | A 61-80.
7th Tier: A 81-100 | Special at any level.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hey Bowser, I wasn't sure if you'd noticed or not yet, but Serebii updated with a bunch of Platinum stuff yesterday (I myself have been forgetting to check and just realized it this morning).

• Platinum is for release on September 13th, 2008 in Japan.
  • Galactic is still in the game (unfortunately), but apparently their plans (and HQ) have been upgraded.
  • The Battle Frontier is returning! Yay!
  • The Wifi Area will now support 20 people at one time.
  • There's now a Swalot machine for Poffin making...I don't quite understand that, but I suppose we'll have to play the game to see what it's like.
  • You can now record matches and send them to friends via WiFi, in the GTS. (Please don't screw this one up and make only 3 minute matches saveable...)
  • The GTS has been improved--one of the previous screenshots we saw was at the GTS.
  • Shaymin's form changes have been confirmed, and Giratina can only use his Origin Form in the Torn World.
  • Failed Potato's ability is Serene Grace; it will focus more on Speed and Special Attack, and knows the move Air Cutter.
  • Giratina's Origin Form's Ability is Levitate.
  • Some of the Pokemon (or perhaps all of them, we haven't seen all of them yet) will have new sprites. Confirmed changes include Bidoof, Shaymin, and Giratina's Another Form.
  • The new characters shown last month have been confirmed. One is a member of Galactic and the other is a member of a police force tracking Galactic.

This is my source for info, and Serebii also posted some new pictures here.
Ill update soon.Thanks :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I've been thinking about trading tiers and I think I have a system which could work. Pokemon are judged on 2 values; their 'PokeValue' and level.

PokeValue is dependant on the species of the Pokemon and not on the individual Pokemon itself. It combines their base stats and how rare they are. The 3 ranks of PokeValue are Primary, Intermediate, Advanced, and Special. Primary Pokemon are common and have weak stats. Some examples are Bidoof, Hoppip, and pretty much every other first stage Pokemon. Intermediate Pokemon are usually the first evolution of a common Pokemon, weak but rare Pokemon, etc. An example of this is Magby, Flaafy, and Sandslash. Advanced Pokemon are the strongest, usually being the last in an evolution series, very rare, or just rally powerful. Some examples are Charizard, Rotom, and Chansey. The last PokeValue rank is Special, which means legendaries and shinies, regardless of species.

Level is then added onto the PokeValue to make 7 tiers. P stands for Primary, I for Intermediate,and A for Advanced.
1st Tier: P less than level 20.
2nd Tier: P 21-40 | I less than 20.
3rd Tier: P 41-60 | I 21-40 | A less than 20.
4th Tier: P 61-80 | I 41-60 | A 21-40
5th Tier: P 81-100 | I 61-80 | A 41-60
6th Tier: I 81-100 | A 61-80.
7th Tier: A 81-100 | Special at any level.

Interesting. Move specials to 6th tier though.

sorry for double post :(

Wrath`

Smash Master
Im excited for it to, I got all the silver symbols but never gold in hoenn.
I finaly got gold in the battle Pike, the only thing I ever got a badge in. gold was easer to me because the milotic for the sliver badge was a pain in the $$$. also I got to the norman dude( the battle factory) but lost to him.

Wrath`

Smash Master
We need team galatic to be harder to fight. I remember in G/S/C team rocket at all location pushed your pokemon to the limits. in D/P it seemed like a walk in the park, I do like chalenges, SPECIALY when its the boss(excluding E4)

Mewter

Smash Master
I finaly got gold in the battle Pike, the only thing I ever got a badge in. gold was easer to me because the milotic for the sliver badge was a pain in the $$$. also I got to the norman dude( the battle factory) but lost to him.
I only ever got three silvers. It's kind of sad, really.:)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Resort area had nothing to. Maybe the facilities will be scattered around the battle park. Battle pyramid
could work in Mt. Stark or the desert area.

Anyway, I hope they keep some facilities but add some new ones.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Resort area had nothing to. Maybe the facilities will be scattered around the battle park. Battle pyramid
could work in Mt. Stark or the desert area.

Anyway, I hope they keep some facilities but add some new ones.
Hmm if i remember the Battle Tower was in the Frontier....so is it possible that Palmer may become a Frontier Brain?

Top Bottom