• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pros
Great against camping characters
Constant moving makes non-mobile characters suffer
Pikachu's T-jolt isn't as effected as other projectiles
Lots of platforms can force people above you and you can uair all day
Falco CG is less effective (I think, the moving of the stage would effect the non-boat part)
D-tilt lock on boat
Can go around boat if edge pressure is prevalent
Pikachu's air game is great, so you will be at an advantage for most of the stage
Pikachu can easily predict airdodges and hit you.

Cons
D-throw CG is useless except on boat
Small platforms mess up F-throw CG (Can still be used at the end and on the boat [kinda])
Yellow blocks on the part moving to the right can gimp people with non-versatile recoveries
Can be D-tilt locked against walls
People with better aerial game will beat you out in the air (most of the level)
Since T-jolt goes downward diagonal in the air, people can run away to above you if time is running low
Disappearing places can be a hindrance if you are trying to recover with it.
Appearing platforms can save your opponent who should've been gimped

Overall
Good for pikachu, but shouldn't CP because pikachu will be overpowered by several characters. I personally don't like it (and it is banned in almost all Florida tournaments) so i really don't have that much experience on it. It is all if you are comfortable with it and against your opponents characters.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There is a walk off for a short while. fthrow if the chance arises lol.

Plus the stage moves slowly and dthrow is fast, IMO the stage does not stop dthrow CGs as long as it wasn't near the bottom. But normally everyone stays at the most recent spawn.

gallax

Smash Hero
when falling down back, to the ship you can take advantage of your enemy if they are not paying attention by falling below them(as long as you are paying attention you should fall first) and then thunder their azz in mid air. not hard to pull off.

you can also lock your opponent on one part of the stage. this is right after the swinging penjulum.

K 2

Smash Lord
The only character I would take here is Falco. His CG gets disrupted and the stage works against his rather pitiful recovery. This is also a good stage against diddy, but I would take diddy to Norfair instead, since camp-a-chu will totally outplay a diddy there.

Snake might not be a bad choice to take here either.

I would avoid characters with good airgames and disjointed hitboxes as well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
We are not slow, big, and pathetic. Plus where is Falco gonna hide from our CG? No platforms to camp, and we crawl under lasers -_-

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
We are not slow, big, and pathetic. Plus where is Falco gonna hide from our CG? No platforms to camp, and we crawl under lasers -_-
With the new D-throw chaingrab, he can't hide anywhere. Don't need a big space for that.:p I did forget about crawling under lasers though. (That's what I get for not re-reading the matchup thread. :ohwell:) Besides, doesn't he have a CG on us? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

gallax

Smash Hero
technically we cant crawl under lasers like snake can. we have to move in between lasers to get closer. if we crawl nonsto our tail get hit. and he does have a cg to 40% ish.

i would never pick RC to play falco on.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Galax, no you don't. I was playing Tommy G and i crawled under lasers to him, he didn't hit me once. Also, RC would be good against ZSS here too. I ***** my brother twice here, 2 stock each, and that almost never happens.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
You CAN get hit by Falco's lasers while crawling. They land grazing hits if you simply duck.

gallax

Smash Hero
if you dont get hit then you are probably crawling on a slant. but you WILL get hit by his lasers when you crawl on a flat surface.

i would play here too. RC is one of their worst levels.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Thread updated. Brinstar is now done (For people that didn't see and are subscribed to it)

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #13: Delfino Plaza

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Character Counterpicks:

Discuss away!

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
as in esam's video, this stage doesn't like pika.

also, lack of a spike kinda offsets the advantage in the water, and swimming here is harder than pirate ship

good small stage with platforms so we like that normally i believe, and easy to maneuver around and stuff.

K 2

Smash Lord
what are you talking about...?

wait, are you babybaby12? The guy that got banned like 15 times?

lol.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh my goodness, just report him and keep it movin', guys.

Unless you wanna argue with him.... it's pointless, but be my guest.

K 2

Smash Lord
wow, soon he's going to run out of ways to make "baby baby, 12, and banned" in his username. haha.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pros

flat transformations allow for easy CGs and sometimes CG deaths.
Part with the 3 flat parts with stairs going to the other parts is good for CG deaths, and can easily initiate the buffer CG for people you wouldn't normally be able to F-throw CG to it.
Several walls so D-tilt lock is possible
Jab lock infinite on walls possible too
If being ledgehogged you can go through the level for recovery (Risky)
When the platform is rising to take you to the next transformation, F-throw CG is possible on people it normally isn't, leading to D-throw if you can.
B-throw kills possible on several transformations
Easy to maneuver and QAC away. There is good camping at some parts

Cons

Can be spiked in water parts
Weird mechanics when trying to recover through the platform. If your body doesn't go 100% through, you will fall through, possibly costing you the match (:cry:)
Many character's wall infinites are easier to initiate. Don't get too aggressive going for it, because you will be infinited yourself

Overall

This is a very good pikachu level overall, but it is normally a good level for a vast variety of characters as well. Pikachu can manipulate the stage better than most characters, so you get an advantage. It is almost neutral so lots and lots of characters are good here. Learn this stage and it can be a very good CP if your opponent bans frigate.
7.5-8.5/10

King~

Smash Champion
the water is your friend on this stage(as long as your not doing stupid stuff like getting spiked) if your enemy is in the water just spam t-jolt at them theres nothing they can do(sans jumping out). on the beach part, if they float near the edge you can hit them with a free f-smash.

and this stage is very SD friendly, but long as your not doing anything to stupid you should be fine.

also this is a excellent stage to camp on, if you feel the need to.

K 2

Smash Lord
MK's like that stage really well. I'm not sure why, but most MK's use this as their CP stage (assuming LM is banned).

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ooo, I have stuff to add, but I don't have time atm. I'll edit this post tomorrow morning.

gallax

Smash Hero
a couple things about this level. first is that i love attacking from underneath the stage when its moving from locations. you can always qac back onto the stage and its awesome. second is the part where there are three pillars and water underneath. i love to thunder people when they are caught in the water. jump and thunder over them is awesome. but dont let the thunder hit you or it sucks. also, the death zone on the side of the map is awesome sometimes for the nair kill when the stage is moving and you enemy is stading on one of the plats above the ledge.

i love this level.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Putting in a request for Pogeyman Stadium 2.

Ice skating & thunder juggling galore.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ooo, I have stuff to add, but I don't have time atm. I'll edit this post tomorrow morning.
....or 5 days later.

I'll try not to go over anything other people have said.

Pros:

- On the stage with the three pillars, like Gallax said, thunder is amazing, especially when you abuse the six ledges available to you. I actually like to mix it up between jumping thunders and thunders with T2.... jumping past and thundering is safer, but if you drop down in-between two pillars, T2 covers almost the entire space between them. It makes it really hard and scary for people to get out of the water.

- Stage transformations kill people at early percentages pretty frequently. Even stale thunders and nairs can kill people at ******** low damage if you get them while the platform is lifting off.

- Elaborating on the many places to dtilt/jab lock against walls. Since the sides and ceiling of this stage are so close, you can usually dtilt lock > death people.... the walls are pretty high (especially on the gold tower), so most of the time their only option is to come towards you. It's a great setup for thunder whether you sweetspot it with T2 or not. If you miss, they're usually just trying to escape and won't react fast enough to punish.

- You can easily camp on the roofs or, to a lesser extent, the stage with the cafe umbrellas. Tjolt will travel up along the wall, and if they try to come and get you, you can thunder or uair as they come down/jump over you. Just don't get wall locked.

- Pikachu can gimp some characters by grabbing them as the main platform appears, pummeling/throwing them as the stage rises, then using his amazing recovery to get back to the ledge. It's really risky since you won't be able to see where you are, but if you remember which angle you have to QA to get back, most characters' recoveries won't be able to reach like Pikachu's can.

Cons:

- No ledge on the right side of the gold tower (not sure about the left side). It doesn't mess with Pika much since we can QAC onto the stage, but if you somehow get stuck low to the stage, it can give the opponent a free hit, which is a bad thing with those close blastlines.

- Characters with effective semi-WoPs (DDD, Kirby, ROB) can kill you via the walk-offs if you put yourself in a bad position or mess up trying to CG/bthrow them off the sides.

- The small sides and ceiling on the stage in general mean that characters with strong attacks and throws will kill Pikachu very early. This goes both ways, I guess, but I find that it works against Pika more than it works for him because of throws. Some characters (Zelda, DDD, Snake) gain killing throws here at moderate percentages near the edge, but Pika's bthrow still probably won't kill unless it's a walk-off portion.

- Landing at a new portion of the stage can save people when they should be dead. This doesn't help Pika like it helps others since Pika can recover from almost anywhere anyway.

Characters:

I'd bring fthrow CGable characters here (with the exception of DDD and maybe Snake). Other than that, there's no one else in particular that you can really abuse the stage against, although characters with bad recoveries can get pwned by the main platform's weirdness.

As for who not to bring....

Characters with multiple jumps can really abuse the fact that you can go through the bottom of the main platform -- and they do it better than Pika can with QAC. Kirby (especially if he steals your power), MK, and DDD can ledgecamp like b!tches, and all three can semi-WoP you off the stage via the walk-offs. Jigglypuff isn't so much of a problem, though.

I'd hesitate to bring Snake here. His ftilt, utilt, and C4 can kill crazy early here, and even his throws can kill you if you're close enough to the edge. You can CG him off the walk-offs, but if he drops a grenade and you throw while on top of it, you could die along with him. Or if you mess up, he'll just ftilt you, and you're done. In general, he's just too strong for the relatively small size of this stage, and he can control the stage very well.

Summary/Rating:

I love Delfino. It's neutral-ish, but if you learn the stage, it can really work for you.... and it's hella fun. Unfortunately, it can work for other characters as well, but as long as you know what to watch out for, Pika should be fine.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #14: Pokemon Stadium 2

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Character Counterpicks:

K 2

Smash Lord
Request Granted.

I'll try to write up the summaries whenever I can...I'm hosting a brawl tournament saturday, so I won't have much time this weekend. I have to study for stupid AP tests every waking moment of my life...argh. For now, anyone that wants to know about a stage can just read the thread of the discussions. I'll get a summary up later...whenever.

Top Bottom