• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Official Pikachu Stage Index: Halberd

Halberd

Pros:

Cons:

Character Advantage:

Character Disadvantage:

Discuss!

gallax

Smash Hero
this is by far one of my favorite stages. The platform in the middle is great for wrap around tjolts and for getting uair's on your opponent. the stage underneath(obviously) can be qac through and is great for mindgames.

there is a sweet and sour to this stage though. the cieling. its low so its easier to get an utilt/usmash kill. but we also die ~10% faster due to the cieling. this means when playing a snake/fox/falco/DDD, be wary of the low cieling.

DO NOT: play snake here or DDD

DO: Play falco/ike/fox or any character with a horizontal recovery that sometimes goes through the edge and i like playing against marth

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
I'll post more later today or tomorrow when I have more time to gather my thoughts; however, one quick thing that I felt like mentioning that I do a lot on this stage: I've found that you can actually turn a ledge grab into a kill against an edgegaurding opponent because of the weird properties of the floor.

Drop down below the stage, then hop up onto the from underneath, but as you're coming through from below your opponent, hit them with a Nair. Additionally, you can actually SHAD as you're coming up to lead into a down smash or utilt.

This is a great way to switch up how you return to the stage, and it can also catch opponents off guard.

Meow.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I already updated the index. Stop posting here.
Well, if someone has something to add that we've missed, there's no reason to tell people they can't contribute. You'll just have to edit the Index if that happens. =X

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question: will non-tourny-legal stages eventually be discussed?

I know a lot of us do play by tourny rules, but I think it's still important to discuss all stages, for people who may have their own legality rules for friendlies or otherwise.

Also, it pertains directly to a little treat for this thread I'm working on.

Mew.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
DO: Play falco/ike/fox or any character with a horizontal recovery that sometimes goes through the edge and i like playing against marth
Last i checked, quick draw doesn't exist...

2ndly, Both Ike and Fox have killer vertical moves. Something to be cautious about. besides, with Fox just bring him to FD and where is he gonna run to?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I will! Later today. Which hopefully doesn't translate to "I'll forget, then quickly write something while you're updating the main index."

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Don't play Metaknight here. He will come up from under the stage and start doing lots of uairs or even shuttle loop.

Brado

Smash Lord
Pro's-
-Because it's quite small. You can just throw your opponent off with a b-throw/f-throw and attack them from there.
-The ledge in the middle is good for juggling with Uairs.
- No real problem dodging the hazards
- No problem keeping up with stage changes
-Very easy recovery, can recover through stage

Cons-
- Possible lack of f-throw chases on smaller stage

Thats all I could think of atm, sorry if any of them aren't relevant/good.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So much for later today kaylo. I'm writing it up tomorrow, and if you didn't write it by then, sorry.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Updated with halberd. Look and see if you like, and comment on anything that is wrong.

Doing Delfino and then Frigate Orpheon, since IMO those are 2 of the best pikachu stages in the game.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Official Stage Discussion Week #15: Frigate Orpheon

Frigate Orpheon

Pros:

Cons:

Advantage:

Disadvantage:

We are nearing the legal stage limit. Let's keep it going!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I really like Frigate. Tjolt clings to the stage and travels around it really well leading it to be one of the best projectiles on the stage. Platforms on the side can be used to QAC if you want/need to and stage flips have led me to some AWESOME thunder kills. Just make sure to keep careful about the lack of a lip on the side and you're basically good to go.

SkygodHorus

Smash Rookie
love this stage for pika. tjolt is amazing and its someone flat (the transoform) or completely flat (the first one) so cg works. pika doesnt always need the edge b/c of recovery so the no edge on the right doesnt really affect him

gallax

Smash Hero
remember that there is a quirk oin this stage. whe it transforms you can jump and thunder in the air and sometimes catch your opponent in it.

other than that its a really good stage, at least for me. i dont like playing characters that force pika to approach though. if pika needs to camp at all i dont suggest this stage. if you are playing a character like ike though, definately choose this stage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
^I hate this stage.........

Yea good CP for those whose recoveries are limited and can't recover from the **** that happens there. Marth is a good example if you can get him in the recovery position.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
-you can wall jump to the stage during the second transformation for surprise attacks

-I'd say to lure your opponent to the ledge when the laser's about to be fired, then if they're off the stage or hanging on to the ledge to keep from getting hit by the laser, just camp them with t-jolts/thunder or surprise them with a QAC to falling nair once the laser ends if they're hanging onto the ledge :)

-btw, does matrix thunder work if you get hit with the laser?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also, do you guys want me to keep the list updated in banned stages? Corneria, afaik, isn't legal anywhere. Should i remove it from the list?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ESAM is leaving the Pika forum and no longer wants the Stage Discussion thread. If someone else wants this, let me know.

Temporarily closed while I make some changes.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhh, ESAM, are you planning on doing anything with this thread now that you have it back? Since you asked for it and everything. x.x

If you don't want it anymore, I have someone else who's offered to take it over.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Nah, i dont' really feel like it. We kinda covered the legal counterpicks in Florida so it doesn't really matter to me anymore...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
OP is all yours, Jupz.

We were going to do Frigate next but never started, so you can either start with Frigate, have us go back and re-discuss a stage we've already done, or whatever you wanna do.

If you could read over the old summaries and edit any incorrect info/writing errors, that'd be fantastic. When I organized the OP, I just made sure it looked nice..... didn't actually read through everything, and it's pretty outdated by now.

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok, we'll start with Frigate, then go over any other common stages, then start rediscussions, if thats alright with everyone.

I'll read through the OP now :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I used to haaaaaaaaaaate Frigate, but I actually kinda like it now.

The lack of an edge on the right side of the first transformation can really screw over some characters will balls recoveries. Even if it doesn't outright gimp them (which it probably won't.... most people've learned how to deal with it by now), forcing them to recover on that side will more often than not put them into a position where you can predict where they're going to go and easily punish them. Pikachu, on the other hand, doesn't have as much of a problem with this since QA is so versatile.

The stage itself is small but not super cramped, and the platforms are out of the way enough that you can still get your camp on if you need to, especially on the first transformation..... if you stand on that platform that goes up and down on the right side, when it's in its "down" position, it's the perfect place to camp and shut down any approaches.

The dip in the middle of the second transformation can mess up or help your CGs, depending on which side you're on. Generally you want to be going up the slant. Also increases your chances of being able to follow up from dtilt, fthrow, ftilt, and any other move that sends them into the slant.

I'm not exactly sure how the mechanics for the stage flip work, but as long as you're in the air, you should end up in an okay spot when the stage is done flipping. Even if it flips you under, as long as you're near one of the corners, you should be able to QA back..... most other characters would be screwed.

Somebody brought this up a while ago, but if you thunder at the exact moment the stage is flipping, thunder's hitbox gets expanded and can potentially "suck" people in. Since people are usually just concerned with making it safely through the flip, it's relatively safe to just go ahead and thunder even if you're not sure if it'll hit.

Characters I'd bring here off the top of my head:
Marth - stage dips and moving platforms can help you get past his fair camp, right side of first transformation has potential to gimp him, stage isn't small enough for him to kill too much earlier than usual
Pokemon Trainer - Ivysaur gimp potential + no major buffs to the other two
Ice Climbers - dips can mess up their CG timing, platforms to camp on, and Nana is stupid enough to gimp herself on the right side sometimes
Diddy Kong - platforms, crappy edges, and dips to potentially help vs. his glide toss shenanigans
Peach - uneven terrain is always good vs. Peach (to mess up her float spacing). her recovery sucks on the gimpy side, too.

There may be others, but I wrote this entire post completely off the top of my head. Might come back and add more later.

I'd rate it a 7/10 for Pikachu. It's a solidly good stage vs. most characters, but it doesn't give any major benefits that make it auto-win.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i will include a chat that you may think to take here, but its definitly a TRAP. olimar, while he can get gimped by the right side of the first stage, has a much higher then normal yellow and purple pikmin pluck rate, by far the worst pikmin for pika. combined with the fact that the second part is a fortress for olimar to camp in, just dont take him here.

Top Bottom