• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Official Pikachu Power Rankings - 9/1/09

gallax

Smash Hero
so i played cady and esoj a ton on tuesday. man they are smart. the reason they win though is because they have a thorough understanding that its a free hit when you touch the ground frm landing in the air and they can force you to a certain spot of the stage and pounish you. once i understood that about them i was able to win.

btw, candy never spotdodges and esam should win.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Actually, Omni says that one of Candy's biggest weaknesses are his spot dodges.

ESOJ went too? Aweshum.

Let's stop talkin about Candy vs. ESAM. It's really not that important.

gallax

Smash Hero
well i guess candy has been working on it cuz i think he spotdodges like 4 times a match. lol. srsly. me and radix we like, y doesnt this guy ever spotdodge when we ge close?

and they said that they werent going to the tourney down in SFL. that was as of tuesday. im trying to get a tourney on saturday going but co 18 and hrnut may not come so idk if it will happen.

@ kenny- i hear your gonna cut your hair? DONT DO IT!!!!!!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
the reason they win though is because they have a thorough understanding that its a free hit when you touch the ground frm landing in the air and they can force you to a certain spot of the stage and pounish you.
I hope you remembered that you're Pikachu and can QAC to the ground. Not that it makes it impossible for them to punish you, but it's better than what most characters have.

Just... throwing that out there.

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah i was talking mostly about when playing as snake and marf. and they also said thats what they base their entire game on and i was just letting people know.

CO18

Smash Hero
well i guess candy has been working on it cuz i think he spotdodges like 4 times a match. lol. srsly. me and radix we like, y doesnt this guy ever spotdodge when we ge close?

and they said that they werent going to the tourney down in SFL. that was as of tuesday. im trying to get a tourney on saturday going but co 18 and hrnut may not come so idk if it will happen.

@ kenny- i hear your gonna cut your hair? DONT DO IT!!!!!!
What tourney and where? I woulndt mind if its in cfl cuz im not going to the sfl tourney.
Plus i wanna play candy.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
esam??????????? never heard of this kid.....but i extremely doubt that id loose to you...i mean ive played much better pika's before....right now you just sound like a joke....unfortinetly i doubt il be able to goto SFL to shut you up :-(....i mean really???????? what makes you think you would beat me?? i mean...do you even place good at tournies??? have you ever even won a tourny???? please dont make random assumptions that you would not be able to back it up

and im sure i am better than FLs snakes...afro may be better than me in the DDD matchup....but i assure you thats one of the few....dont get me wrong afro is amazing and is my homeboy...but he doesnt know that many matchups :-\.....if he learned more matchups he would be much better than he is now

edit: i think im playing with gallax and radix tonight again im pretty sure....some other ppl should come play me! hit me up! :-)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
esam??????????? never heard of this kid.....but i extremely doubt that id loose to you...i mean ive played much better pika's before....right now you just sound like a joke....unfortinetly i doubt il be able to goto SFL to shut you up :-(....i mean really???????? what makes you think you would beat me?? i mean...do you even place good at tournies??? have you ever even won a tourny???? please dont make random assumptions that you would not be able to back it up

and im sure i am better than FLs snakes...afro may be better than me in the DDD matchup....but i assure you thats one of the few....dont get me wrong afro is amazing and is my homeboy...but he doesnt know that many matchups :-\.....if he learned more matchups he would be much better than he is now

edit: i think im playing with gallax and radix tonight again im pretty sure....some other ppl should come play me! hit me up! :-)
If you go, 10$ MM Pika vs Snake.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Take that FL! Lol. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that the Snake vs Pikachu match is even. But, I guess at the highest level of play, Snakes can learn to avoid thunder and to not get grabbed. I also hear they can DI like beasts. I'd like to see Candy vs. Esam now.

CO18

Smash Hero

YOOOOOOO COME OVERRRR RAWRRR or GO TO THE SFL TOURNEYYYY

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Snake lives forever, can counter-camp, has disjointed limbs, and deals 1000% per hit.... how is it hard to believe? x.x
Because I've never faced a great Snake xD

In all seriousness, it's only hard to believe at mid level play. At high level play, I believe it.

bigman40

Smash Master
I played Chops in that MU and played other snakes in GA (we have a decent amount), and I can safely say that it is even due to the fact that landing the grab is tough (and it can be interrupted) and landing a kill move when Snake is planted onto the ground. He covers an immense amount of range just from his tilts, and his grabs are fairly broken in range too (pivot grab almost longer than D3's grab wut?).

gallax

Smash Hero
so kenny, you lost to a mario first round then a diddy in losers? you know im just gonna go out and say it cuz no one else will. i dont think your pika is as good as you say it is. whens the last time you placed top 10 in a tourney with more than 20 people? whens the last time you got top 8? top 5? better than top 5? what is the best you've done?

the last two months ive been watching you and everytime you have an excuse as to why you do so bad every time. either its, "i was having a bad day" or "stupid circumstances". and how much do you even use pika in tournies? im always seeing different chars.

lemme put it this way. i saw your bracket. first match was against a mario. im guessing you went pika. y? cuz DDD's wreck mario's and you most likely would have won with a DDD. but you lost. to a mario. then you had to play a diddy after winning two more matches. which btw you used d3 at least once in those 2 matches cuz the results said you used ddd, which means that at best you won one match with pikachu. losing to diddy is aight, but the fact remains if you were as good with pika as you say you should be doing better than you are.

please tell me where im mistaken.

Miles.

Smash Champion
so Michael Hey Says Pikachu cannot beat Marth.

what so the Pikas generally believe about this matchup?

it suck electric bALLS IMO

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The match-up is really tough but not impossible. I have like 14 very recent matches on youtube vs MikeHaze. I only win in like 3 of those matches, but I was playing really bad most of that day. Also I think Z beat Haze in a tourney not too long ago, so it is possible for Pika to win. Power shielding those aerials is pretty much a must if you want to win in this match-up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/redghost16

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Just a warning. I do terrible in some of those matches, lol. Also, Anther beat Neo the last tourney they played in. More proof that Pika can win.:)

Miles.

Smash Champion
I think you need to UpTilit > UpTilt > UpAir > TECH CHASE HIS LANDING LAG.

You Dsmashed at the end of that string a lot.

IDK

my $0.04

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
so Michael Hey Says Pikachu cannot beat Marth.

what so the Pikas generally believe about this matchup?

it suck electric bALLS IMO
I personally like the matchup. Kind of feel like facing almost any other hi tier character really. The most recent tourney I placed first in, I did pretty well in grand finals against a marth (new marth, but I think he's decent). I think I have a knack (maybe lucky too) for reading marths in general, so that's probably why the matchup doesn't feel as bad for me. Recently @ HERB 2, I beat HRNUT's marth in a friendlies (he better NOT have been sandbaggin.... >:O). So take it with a grain of salt, but at least it's SOMETHING.

The Grand Finals BOTH Sets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFG910thTLw&fmt=18 (Pika's Game; epic momentum cancel comeback)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POBsATO8i8U&fmt=18 (Pika's Game; epic Skull bash KO... this one's for you gallax! :D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9JdM9g9Oo&fmt=18 (Marth's Game; I HAD IT... but messed up@!$)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBhcJfJPhEk&fmt= 18 (Pika's Game; MY counterpick... lol. Nothing fancy. Match 4 of potential 5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl9Z1fAsvQY&fmt=18 (Pika's Game; Match 1 out of potential 5 second set; Read youtube for info about match 2 of set 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65QebFMjAk&fmt=18 (Pika's Game; NOT marth... but as you can see, he was frustrated enough to change chars; i wasn't too good at wario matchup back then--i got lucky last KO)

Kenrawr

Smash Master
so kenny, you lost to a mario first round then a diddy in losers? you know im just gonna go out and say it cuz no one else will. i dont think your pika is as good as you say it is. whens the last time you placed top 10 in a tourney with more than 20 people? whens the last time you got top 8? top 5? better than top 5? what is the best you've done?

the last two months ive been watching you and everytime you have an excuse as to why you do so bad every time. either its, "i was having a bad day" or "stupid circumstances". and how much do you even use pika in tournies? im always seeing different chars.

lemme put it this way. i saw your bracket. first match was against a mario. im guessing you went pika. y? cuz DDD's wreck mario's and you most likely would have won with a DDD. but you lost. to a mario. then you had to play a diddy after winning two more matches. which btw you used d3 at least once in those 2 matches cuz the results said you used ddd, which means that at best you won one match with pikachu. losing to diddy is aight, but the fact remains if you were as good with pika as you say you should be doing better than you are.

please tell me where im mistaken.
Mario? What ****ing Mario? He was lucario. I ***** him first round with pika then he took me to brinstar
Where I went to kirby and just ****ed around. Unfortunately I was dumb and lost the last round with kirby and just jumped into his attacks. the person I lost I almost ALWAYS 3 stock so don't gimme that ****. I was tired from hosting the event the night before. Then in losers I went d3 because I wasn't feeling pika. I used pika for one match where I beat a snake then finished him with d3. Then I lost to deez where he took me to third round and timed me out. The last two tourneys I haven't used pika but when I do, I win. And yes I broke top 10 a couple of times the month before. Not as many times as I could or should have but I did. My lowest was a 17th placing where I went 100% pika and lost to a solid marth and wario. Hop off my ****.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
EDIT before I even post: Kenny ninja'd me. (Post preview ftw.)

But yeah, Gallax, you should get your facts straight before you come at somebody out of nowhere. There was absolutely no reason for you to call Kenny out like that, especially when you didn't even know what you were talking about, lol.

Take a few steps back, calm it down.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
One other thing, I constantly refer to myself as a mediocre- chu in the chat. If I'm overrated then its not my fault.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
One other thing, I constantly refer to myself as a mediocre- chu in the chat. If I'm overrated then its not my fault.
This is true, he doesn't really pass himself off as great or anything. He normally says he is mediocre, so he never really says he is so amazing, like some other pikachu we all know and love (:bee:)

Anyway, Candy might not be going down to SFL but i would **** him because I GET THOSE SNAKES IN THE AIR *****S

Top Bottom