• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Official Pikachu Power Rankings - 9/1/09

gallax

Smash Hero

The "mm" vs. AFRO we found out was a fake mm and discounted. Besides that, we've all seen the videos, and the matches weren't impressive.... sorry, I'm just telling you how it is. Neither of you were playing very well.

fix'd for accuracy

note: the win vs chops that you had posted wasnt taken into consideration too since he clearly did not know the matchup.

note: the win for afro was your biggest plus. i did point out that you beat afro on his own CP to win the set.

note: prime has gone out of his region and won. main reason why he got higher than you

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, yeah, what Gallax said. Typing too fast for my own good. x.x!

The

Besides that, we've all seen the videos, and the matches weren't impressive.... sorry, I'm just telling you how it is. Neither of you were playing very well.
part goes with Chops, though.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I've been looking at some miscellaneous state power rankings for awhile and I've been wondering, why are so few Pikachu players on their state PRs?

gallax

Smash Hero
esam will be on his soon. ima ben on it in like a year. Z is on his. LDPK is on his. pikapika is on his. the rest live in tough regions.it takes a lot of ourney results to get into top 10.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I just checked NC. LDPK is an honorable mention, but I guess that counts. Meanwhile, I randomly checked Idaho and found that a pikachu there named Cake is ranked number 4. I've never heard of him. Florida is indeed idiotic for not updating their PR by now with ESAM on it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I've been looking at some miscellaneous state power rankings for awhile and I've been wondering, why are so few Pikachu players on their state PRs?
None of us really go to many tournaments, to be honest.

Anther is all about The Sims atm. ;) But he's on his.
Bear forfeits a lot, and he also plays in a very strong region.
I don't go to enough tournaments.
Prime is on the TX PRs, last time I checked.
ESAM doesn't go enough tournaments.
Stealth is on the KS PRs, last time I checked.
Kenny plays in a crazy region.
LDPK was 2nd on the NC PRs, but he got switched to Honorable Mention when he went on hiatus.

PRs are pretty funky, though, since there's no standard system for them, and a lot of them are outdated. We definitely looked at them when coming up with our list, but there are so many other things to take into consideration that they weren't the basis for everything (for example: LDPK was 2nd on his PRs, but NC is a relatively weak region compared to, say, TX, MD/VA, or FL.)

EDIT: Gallax covered the people I forgot, lol.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm definitely not suggesting you take PRs into account, but it is curious why so few "ranked" pikas aren't ranked in their states.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ah, well. The only people who aren't are Bear (see: him forfeiting at locals, plus he's in TX), Kenny (see: MD/VA, nuff said), and Bigman.

That being said, any Pika who is PR-ranked is on the list, minus.... Cake? I didn't even know he still played, tbh, and I'm not sure how active the Idaho scene is, lolol. If he's still active, he'll definitely be considered for the next one, but we really can't do much for people who don't make themselves known. Searching for every mystery Pika out there would take forever.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's why I put a question mark, lol.

Good job being PR-ranked, although I don't recognize anyone on Alabama's list outside of the top 4. X.X

We're doing a new rankings list ~every two months (next one will be in September, I believe), so if anyone feels they were overlooked this time, speak up, and we'll consider you for the next one. This definitely isn't The One List For All Time.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
There. Updated with states. I even put them in a pretty color.

But NO YELLOW. :mad:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
OMG. No. Spamming. If you want to say your favorite color is yellow, at least add something relevant to the original topic. -_-

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I like the list that we made. I feel that almost everything that could be considered was.

@ Cam: The reason people like Cake and yourself were not considered was because your region isn't quite as good as everyone else's. True, y'all are on your state PR (albeit the very last position), but that certainly does not mean y'all would be on the PR in states like FL, TX or Cali. Also, factors like big wins, traveling, and overall records played a part. We didn't forget you, Cake, and a few other in this.

Y'all were simply not added because we felt that, at his point, you didn't need to be. However, if you were to obtain one or more of the aformentioned achievements before we update the next PR, more likely than not, you will be added.

Also, I want to emphasize what Kaylo stated earlier. We did the absolute best that we could. It is hard to create a PR with individuals who do not compete in the same area. Regardless, I still believe that we did a good job.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I like the list that we made. I feel that almost everything that could be considered was.

@ Cam: The reason people like Cake and yourself were not considered was because your region isn't quite as good as everyone else's. True, y'all are on your state PR (albeit the very last position), but that certainly does not mean y'all would be on the PR in states like FL, TX or Cali. Also, factors like big wins, traveling, and overall records played a part. We didn't forget you, Cake, and a few other in this.

Y'all were simply not added because we felt that, at his point, you didn't need to be. However, if you were to obtain one or more of the aformentioned achievements before we update the next PR, more likely than not, you will be added.

Also, I want to emphasize what Kaylo stated earlier. We did the absolute best that we could. It is hard to create a PR with individuals who do not compete in the same area. Regardless, I still believe that we did a good job.
Bear, I'm really not complaining or anything like that. In fact, I don't think I should be on the list as of now. I simply found it odd that more pikachus were not on their state PRs. By no means is my state as competitive as FL or TX. The only reason I linked to my state's PR was to correct (or I guess to answer) KayLo when she asked/suggested that cake was the only one ranked on a state PR that wasn't on the list.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I know. I just felt like I should post up my feelings about the PR, and when I did it, I also felt like responding to your post.

Also, at first, I thought it was kinda strange the way the PR worked out (not being on state and so on), but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. We have some pretty strange circumstances to work with. Kaylo pointed out each one. However, each spot eventually worked itself out after we discussed them for a while. :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Good points kaylo, didn't feel the need to quote the message since this one won't be very long...i argued my point, it got counter-argued, with points i don't necessarily see, but whatever. I'm unsubscribing to this thread. Peace.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
As long as you keep turning in your tournament results, I'll be a happy mamachu. <3

But you unsubscribed, so I'm sure you won't peek back here and read this. ;)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I think the discussion in here is healthy and good regardless of the questions brought up. In a way, it brings some of us pika's closer together. As for the Pika, PR's, if there's any dispute in me over ANY one else, I'd like to request that the other be placed above me.

It's true that I have been placed 3rd (2nd after #2 PR person quit brawl --he's back though) in PR's, NC is a weaker state with a primitive system (we're proudly working on it! :D)--I am usually always on hiatus though. All my tournaments have been 15 minutes away from my location at the time, and I have never made a venture longer than that (other than C3 in November 2008), and I most likely will never get a high tournament-going-rate until I find someone who can give me rides (maybe some of you nice pika's can drive me along the way :D).

Rather than PR-PR comparison's, I like dittos and/or personal matches with people for the ranks. Anytime I catch any of you on a same turf I am on.... IT'S ON! lol. (By the way, I went to HERB 2, lost 30 lbs., dressed up, jazzed my hair up for once, got some new clothes to make a good first impression to Kaylo and was expecting other pika's to come (K-9) or something--only to find that only 2 relatively new pika mains went to the tournament. T_T most of my efforts have gone to waste.... But anyhow, it was fun, I got to see another pika buddy and chatted tips and stuff with him, and will wait another day to find another reknown pika main.

My journey continues.....

--LDPK

PS. The pika main i met was by the alias of Phil and it was nice doing dittos and using my secondary against him.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
(By the way, I went to HERB 2, lost 30 lbs., dressed up, jazzed my hair up for once, got some new clothes to make a good first impression to Kaylo and was expecting other pika's to come (K-9) or something--only to find that only 2 relatively new pika mains went to the tournament. T_T most of my efforts have gone to waste....
Aww! Read the boards! I mentioned a little while ago that I was quitting Brawl, so I decided to drop all of the tournaments I was gonna go to. The only one still on my list is SNES since it's more than just a Brawl tourney and well worth the money.

Glad you made it to HERB, though. Any pictures so you can still impress me? =O

This just reminds me how much I <3 the Pikas. XD We really should have an EC Pika get-together at some point. (Not that non-EC-ers wouldn't be welcome, but it'd be far more expensive for them to come.)

The Truth!

Smash Ace
ESAM is fine where he's at. Honestly the only person he could potentially be higher then is Prime, there's wide separation after that.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
but what can we do? the metagame is so different then ours, its very hard to compare him to us. we could project a placing but idk how accurate it would be

Kenrawr

Smash Master
How is this being unfair to BoxingKing?

We're admitting that he's probably worthy of being on the list.

It's just too hard to gauge his skill the American pikachus.

@LDPK-Really sorry about that. I wanted to go to HERB2 but couldn't find any dependable rides. Plus a bunch of people were begging me to hold a small local that day ;-; I posted something about it in advance, I guess you didn't see it though.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It's unfair to Boxingking because you could say the same about different regions. You could say that you can't compare NC to FL to justify taking Legendary Pikachu off the list (not implying anything here). My point is that I just see it as another region. Most players don't venture far out of their states, so the same standard you're applying to Bking should also apply to two pikachus who are from opposite sides of the U.S. Stealth Raptor is from Kansas; how many people here have been to a tournament in Kansas?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ive also played Z and automatic in genesis :) you are right - it is impossible to say who is better with any great accuracy. as was mentioned before this was our best attempt at it, and we did a good job imo. also the US metagame is far more similar in its various regions then it is to europe.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
It's unfair to Boxingking because you could say the same about different regions. You could say that you can't compare NC to FL to justify taking Legendary Pikachu off the list (not implying anything here). My point is that I just see it as another region. Most players don't venture far out of their states, so the same standard you're applying to Bking should also apply to two pikachus who are from opposite sides of the U.S. Stealth Raptor is from Kansas; how many people here have been to a tournament in Kansas?
The thing you should be asking yourself is "has Kansas traveled"?

Which they have. And they do decently from what I can tell and have a pretty good amount of competent players. When it comes down to it there is a pretty logical method of determining who>who for the most part.

With Europe? Not so much.

Besides, this is the first version. The creases will smooth out in a couple of months.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
what we need more of are national tourneys were many good pikachus go to, thats a good way to compare how well we are doing. we were going to have a bunch at genesis, but then how many pikas showed up? 3-4? fail

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Prime also beat Infinity at the last major tournament he attended...

...just sayin'...
Completely forgot to mention that (thanks for reminding me), but we did bring that up during our discussion. It wasn't looked over.

Even though different regions are.... uh, different, the US exists within the same general metagame. People travel from state to state and frequently play people from other regions, so we have a pretty good idea of how each region performs in relation to one another.

Between the UK and the US, players rarely face each other except over wifi. We know BKING is good. If he was in the US, he'd probably be on the list. But there's just no way for us to judge his skill outside of videos, because we don't know the UK's metagame, we don't know the UK's players.... we know next to nothing besides what we see on YouTube and what he tells us.

what we need more of are national tourneys were many good pikachus go to, thats a good way to compare how well we are doing. we were going to have a bunch at genesis, but then how many pikas showed up? 3-4? fail
True, but the likelihood of that happening is pretty low. Many people just don't have the means to travel all over the country for tournaments, as nice as that would be.

@Cam (and others, I guess): Also, like Kenny said, this is our first list. I still stand by the fact that it's as good as it can be at the moment, but the process isn't entirely streamlined yet. As more people submit their tournament results (which is what I hope will happen after everyone sees this) and make their victories known, the list will naturally become more and more accurate.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
All I'm saying is, we should find some way of a fair comparison between US and UK players, especially if we all agree that Bking should be on this list somewhere. I mean, it is Smash WORLD Forums right?

bigman40

Smash Master
All I'm saying is, we should find some way of a fair comparison between US and UK players, especially if we all agree that Bking should be on this list somewhere. I mean, it is Smash World Forums right?
How would you go about doing this though? The only possible time we might even meet Bking irl is if there's a super big tourney like Genesis and Evo to where UK and EU would want to travel to USA. This kind of chances are practically impossible.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
All I'm saying is, we should find some way of a fair comparison between US and UK players, especially if we all agree that Bking should be on this list somewhere. I mean, it is Smash World Forums right?
How about this.

You come up a with logical, reasonable comparison and a list of facts that would be fairly comparable to the US players and then we'll put more consideration into BK. We know he's good and he was on our minds from the start but we can't just stick him on the list.

CO18

Smash Hero
ESAM is fine where he's at. Honestly the only person he could potentially be higher then is Prime, there's wide separation after that.
Rofl @ wide seperation. NONE of those pikas have beaten players the caliber of players Esam has beaten besides Anther and Z. Half the time I see their results some of their main character for the tourney wasnt even pikachu... lmao.

Ive also seen Z,stealth raptor and Esam play in person as well.

The Only reason Esam would be so low IMO is just because of lack of tourney attendance I guess. But skillwise hes definitley 2nd or 3rd imo. I dont understand where this "wide seperation" is coming from because tourney results clearly say otherwie..

Edit: At least in the u.s anyway , dont know about other countries.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Rofl @ wide seperation. NONE of those pikas have beaten players the caliber of players Esam has beaten besides Anther and Z. Half the time I see their results some of their main character for the tourney wasnt even pikachu... lmao.

The Only reason Esam would be so low IMO is just because of lack of tourney attendance I guess. But skillwise hes definitley 2nd or 3rd imo. I dont understand where this "wide seperation" is coming from because tourney results clearly say otherwie..
Esam is A monstA! CO18 is definitely right on this matter. Esam tourney attendance should be the only reason y he is lower, but none the less hes still one of the best. Point Blank! Dont hate on Esam just cuz his PIKA IS ****!

Kenrawr

Smash Master

Edit: At least in the u.s anyway , dont know about other countries.
Yeah you're hype about ESAM, but you only know about ESAM. Get at the other Pikachus.

The only possible thing you could have backing your opinion up is that you're a good player. Otherwise your opinion is means nil.

We discussed this, we're not ignorant. We know what's up.

How much did ESAM pay you?

Esam is A monstA! CO18 is definitely right on this matter. Esam tourney attendance should be the only reason y he is lower, but none the less hes still one of the best. Point Blank! Dont hate on Esam just cuz his PIKA IS ****!
Where's the ESAM hatin at?

We're not biased towards him.

CO18

Smash Hero
Hey, how about you start speaking you actually watch the other pikachus talk.

Yeah you're hype about ESAM, but you only know about ESAM. Get at the other Pikachus.

The only possible thing you could have backing your up opinion is that you're a good player. Otherwise your opinion is means nil.

We discussed this, we're not ignorant. We know what's up.

How much did ESAM pay you?
Actually I know about ALL of the other pikachus. As I told you I always check tourney results and I travel OOS myself and have gone to tourneys where bear,z,stealthraptor etc were all present and about Esam's lack of attendance Im actually wrong because checking ankoku's thread he attends tourneys just as frequently/more than most of the pikas on the list.

How much did esam pay me? gtfo. Dont be mad @ facts. I understand alot of you dislike Esam for w/e but facts are facts. You show me your facts then Id gladly say this list is accurate. The only way I thought it could be accurate before was due to lack of attendance from him which I was actually wrong about rechecking results.

Top Bottom