• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[official] Michael Jackson dies at age 50. RIP MJ.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To add to my statement.

He was a poor man. A poor man who was hated and badgered by the whole world. He has been pushed from the top of fame into the dirt. Despite all of his succes, his glorious times, his money... he died, having a ruined life. He wasn't able to restore himself fully from his past... The comeback tour was so soon.

Zip.

Smash Lord
To add to my statement.

He was a poor man. A poor man who was hated and badgered by the whole world. He has been pushed from the top of fame into the dirt. Despite all of his succes, his glorious times, his money... he died, having a ruined life. He wasn't able to restore himself fully from his past... The comeback tour was so soon.
**** this makes me feel even worse :(

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
He was a poor man. A poor man who was hated and badgered by the whole world. He has been pushed from the top of fame into the dirt.
That's not true at all. While the popularized allegations may have been less than savory, the vast majority of people (I'd say >90%, at least) supported him all the way, and still do. I can think of very few people I know that ever changed their opinion of him based on the allegations.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
This guy is gonna have the biggest funeral ever, just wait.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
That's not true at all. While the popularized allegations may have been less than savory, the vast majority of people (I'd say >90%, at least) supported him all the way, and still do. I can think of very few people I know that ever changed their opinion of him based on the allegations.
Do you know how hateful, bigoted, and judgemental this world is? Im sure a lot more than 10% automatically turned on him once they heard of the charges pressed on him for molesting little kids.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Is this the like largest collection of people who seriously think MJ didn't touch those kids?

Amazing artist, but um, he wasn't exactly making any more new music to look forward to and I thought most of the sane population lawl'd at him.

That being said, I shall continue making random references to Smooth Criminal in his memory.

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
Do you know how hateful, bigoted, and judgemental this world is? Im sure a lot more than 10% automatically turned on him once they heard of the charges pressed on him for molesting little kids.
QFTMFT.
Quote for the mother ****ing truth. I was just thinking about this, and how the news stations NOW wonder if those allegations are really true. What a sad, hypocritical world.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah. Media and entertainment business's wouldn't milk making fun of Michael Jackson as much as they did if lots of the public didn't believe he was a child molester.

Barge

i just remembered a joke about Micheal Jackson in the movie Click; "Micheal Jackson, the first man to clone himself, is suing himself, for harassing himself."... it just makes me sad.
And that was in a scene in like 2014 wasn't it?
They were off lul. But yeah, whatever makes the people laugh, thats their motto.
They made a Brittany spears joke in there too, everyone will bawl over her and feel guilty when she dies as well.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
i got a text from a friend of mine in the car about it, i didn't believe her at first, then i checked wikipedia then i turned on the tv. pretty much every news channel is covering it

klaxo

Smash Rookie
He died while in cardiac arrest, not a heart attack. He collapsed in his home, eventually dying in the hospital while in a coma. RIP MJ.. :(

Barge

he was made fun of on family guy too... if they ever show that episode again i might not watch it again.
Even a crude show like that would show some respect lul. I dont know about south park, they'd probably make an episode about it.

D

Deleted member

It's not bigoted to condemn pedophiles. Not saying I condemn MJ, just saying that you can't be upset with the world of anti-MJ.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Someone make a melee video w/ falcon doing the moonwalk in tribute.

It's hard to believe, that I couldn't see...... lol, jk.
But in all seriousness, it's almost unfathomable that he died. It was just BAM outta nowhere.
It was too sudden, too soon.

He might've been a pedophile, but he was the K.O.P.

R.I.P., MJ.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
he was made fun of on family guy too... if they ever show that episode again i might not watch it again.

Don't jump the gun...just because he's dead doesn't mean everything said against him should be taken to heart. Its a comedy show and if you're a media figure of course you're going to get parodies, satires and jokes coming your way. I can think of pretty much all music legends having jokes made about them, even deceased ones.

Barge

Pretty much every comedy show in america has made fun of michael jackson.

Mad TV, SNL, Family guy, south park, drawn together, reno, alot of stand up, movies, cartoons.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I first heard about it from my sister, who first got word about it from a text message she got. I was shocked, but at the same time, I knew it was bound to happen eventually.

D

Deleted member

You can't deny him being a great musician, but cheating the law...

You'll get no sympathy from me. Well... maybe a little.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Can't be upset with the world of anti-mj? Whats not to be upset about, Gullible *** people?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think for many who, like me, grew up in the "Era Michael Jackson", his death is a very dramatic event. The whole scandalism around him as private person didn't help him in case of many fans. But I'm sure an obese Elvis who wanted to make some last nickels in Vegas didn't really bring the enthusiasm of the "true" Elvis' fans. You blank out the dark sides and all that stays are the beloved memories of your youth.

Only if these people really die, you see that this all has become a part of history. Just like your own past is part of history - an awareness of life, or just remembering how the world looked in your own eyes back then. When Jackson or Michael J. Fox suggested that you need a cool can of Pepsi. When a woman looking like an extraterrestial jogger carried a giant pack of Wrigley's chewing gum through the park, when Sonny Crocket and Ricardo Tubs cruised through Miami City with a black Daytona Spider and when Phil Collins fought with a dog over his jeans at the beach...
Considering all this... Today, the world just got a little bit less colorful.

I think, tomorrow, I'll buy me a cold can of Pepsi, throw "Smooth Criminal" into my CD player and drink to that, what Michael Jackson meant to me back then, and somehow still kinda means to me.

Cheers.

Top Bottom