• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
Hell no he shouldn't be banned.

Man up. MK isnt all powerful as People have beaten M2K, the best Mk out there several times. Everone should just man the **** up.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
im not pro ban or anti ban, but people = me and ADHD? thats only 2 lol
LOL What are you just completely neutral in the debate?

Also what you say is too true, if you look at the number of people M2K dominates with MK (not sure of the actual statistic here), versus the two people who go roughly even or maybe slightly above him, the numbers are not in your favor...

NNID
Budget_Player
LOL What are you just completely neutral in the debate?

Also what you say is too true, if you look at the number of people M2K dominates with MK (not sure of the actual statistic here), versus the two people who go roughly even or maybe slightly above him, the numbers are not in your favor...
Well, this is also a false statement. M2K is still one of the very best players in the game; to credit his wins to MK aone would be stupid. But looking at Flayl's chart of the top MKs, it becomes a little bit scary...

AGAIN-IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO ARGUE THE LEGITIMACY OF LEDGE GRAB LIMITS WITH ME?

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
But looking at Flayl's chart of the top MKs, it becomes a little bit scary...
You wanna, uhhh, point out said data to me?

AGAIN-IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO ARGUE THE LEGITIMACY OF LEDGE GRAB LIMITS WITH ME?
What... you mean the legitimacy of having them? Because, I honestly think they should only be applied to MK, as his planking is literally unbeatable, if done semi-correctly...

etecoon

Smash Hero
Additionally, if your timing is off in the slightest (and it gets tighter and tighter) you just die.
that too, but I think it's pretty irrelevant because snake can't protect himself and even if he does it perfectly you can kill him.

also IC's do not beat MK lmfao

im not pro ban or anti ban, but people = me and ADHD? thats only 2 lol
is that unusual for top 4 players? correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you've lost to many more people than that on more than one occasion and you play a character that's notably worse than MK

NNID
Budget_Player
You wanna, uhhh, point out said data to me?

What... you mean the legitimacy of having them? Because, I honestly thing they should only be applied to MK, as his planking is literally unbeatable, if done semi-correctly...
Flayl's chart was a while back; I don't have the link any more, sadly. Got lost in the massive page of threads. It basically took the top 15 MKs and made a list of who won more that once against anyone in that group. That list was 6 names long; all of them except for two (snakes) used different characters.

The legitimacy of having ledge grab limits, yeah. As a rule in place to limit specifically MK.

Why do you support having ledge grab limits, as opposed to a ban on the only character who needs them?

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Why do you support having ledge grab limits, as opposed to a ban on the only character who needs them?
WOAH! PLEASE, ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF!!!!

Hi. My name is Justblaze, and I'm proban.

I just don't see MK getting banned anytime in the near future, since anti ban is currently stalling, trying to time us out.

But a LGL needs to be put in place asap seeing as how, you know, MK is literally a cheater when he planks.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Sadly, if this were the case, there would be more than just Ally and Razer there. Shame, really.
some of that is just based on who you get to play though, fatal and candy are both #1 in their respective regions but both regions have very few MK mains. fatal beat shadow last month so it's not like he can't beat good MK's

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
WOAH! PLEASE, ALLOW REINTRODUCE MYSELF!!!!

I just don't see MK getting banned anytime in the near future, since anti ban is currently stalling, trying to time us out.

But a LGL needs to be put in place asap seeing as how, you know, MK is literally a cheater when he planks.
"Me to" introduce myself..
I think that's what you meant..
O_o

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
some of that is just based on who you get to play though, fatal and candy are both #1 in their respective regions but both regions have very few MK mains. fatal beat shadow last month so it's not like he can't beat good MK's
thats just once though, he has to do it twice to get on the list with razer and ally.

Also you should pick some different colors its hard to read the 1st and last part of your post.

NNID
Budget_Player
WOAH! PLEASE, ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF!!!!

Yes, but at the same time it's a strategy that abuses basic game elements such as grabbing the ledge, and which only he can do to the point that it's broken. Putting it on for anyone else is an unnecessary nerf. Should there be a global LGL or just one against MK?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
People need to stop comparing Brawl Meta Knight to Melee xxxx and 64 yyyy

They're completely different.
This time infinity squared.

I'm neutral, but with the split still being like this, I don't think MK will EVER be banned.

Since much of anti-ban isn't responding(please give me quotes if I am mistaken, this thread moves to fast to catch up to at times) I think our main focus should be finding a way to bring peace to the Smash Brawl community.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Yes, but at the same time it's a strategy that abuses basic game elements such as grabbing the ledge, and which only he can do to the point that it's broken. Putting it on for anyone else is an unnecessary nerf. Should there be a global LGL or just one against MK?
Because, I honestly think they should only be applied to MK, as his planking is literally unbeatable, if done semi-correctly...
I've already stated my position on the matter.

NNID
Budget_Player
Indeed. While planking, and only with his original moveset at his disposal, MK is broken. Which is to say, he breaks the mechanics of the game to the point where he is unbeatable.
So shouldn't he be banned? Isn't this like the most obvious criteria to ban a character? Without an uncompetitive rule in place to limit him, MK is virtually unbeatable as soon as he gains the lead.

And that's just the last nail in the coffin. He still has EVERYTHING ELSE going for him that he always did. Like breaking the counterpick system.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
So shouldn't he be banned?
I think you're arguing against the wrong guy here, buddy. Like I said, I'm pro ban, and I was that way before DMG's planking thread. It's just as you said: this is the nail in the coffin. If this isn't a reason enough to ban him, I really dont know what is.

Where is anti ban anyway?

What is there response to MK's unfair planking?

Edit:
Who are the best five rappers (Olimar) of all time?
Let me count them.
L_Cancel
L_Cancel
L_Cancel
L_Cancel and
L_Cancel

Because he spits hot fire (pikmin). (4srs though, I'm fine with people suggestions. Think Hilt should be up there too, though.)
They see me trollin'...

Master Raven

Smash Master
You think planking alone is gonna have Brawl dropped?

*looks at ICs, DDD infinites, Wario players timing people out <hi DMG>, camping in general etc*

Don't get me wrong I do think MK's planking is broken but in all honesty I can't see that being the only reason MLG would drop Brawl if no one was gonna tolerate gay ****

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
To be honest, the issue here is that Anti-ban is sick of getting their ***** handed to them in the debate. >.< So they retreat. They know that we alone aren't doing enough.

OMBR, anyone?
That's definitely not it...at least not in my case. I personally just get sick of arguing this...because pro-ban is almost completely based on theory now.

DMG made the planking thread, and now the ENTIRE platform is now based around it...though you yourself admitted that people don't even use it. "But now that we're on MLG, we HAVE to ban him NAO!"...

It's just silly to me...especially when I realize how much time I invest into it everytime I personally get into this debate...and then go and play the game the next day with MARIO and feel exactly the same way even when losing to MK...

It's more "letting a dog bark" than "retreating"...there's no point to retreat. Right now is more balanced than Brawl has ever been since release...M2K used to dominate with MK and have only like...Dojo to compete against. Now...he has 2 other non-MK contenders for first place.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
To be honest, the issue here is that Anti-ban is sick of getting their ***** handed to them in the debate. >.< So they retreat. They know that we alone aren't doing enough.

OMBR, anyone?
No, broski, the issue is is that there's nothing to debate. How many times am I going to have to put this in writing?

Anti-ban does not dispute the dominance of MK. That is all pro-ban has proven (Ignoring planking, I'll get to that in a second). Anti-ban's response at that point:

GG, guys, you've proven that MK is really good. And? OK, you're vocal. How's this: We'll agree to your temp-ban to prove that the game isn't any more exciting, fun or balanced after he's gone, and maybe even that it's less so.

And then along came MLG, which made people go ZOMG RUSH THE DECISION, and then came planking info, which modified anti-ban's platform to this:

GG planking info, if this isn't bannable by any means we'll ban MK instead. Otherwise, see previous statement.

etecoon

Smash Hero
So they retreat. They know that we alone aren't doing enough.
pretty much. anti ban out-argued you the previous 4 debates, by the time this started omni was the only one who still felt like there was a point in taking this seriously and even he quickly realized that he can just sit back and do nothing and MK still won't be banned. gg pie charts

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's definitely not it...at least not in my case. I personally just get sick of arguing this...because pro-ban is almost completely based on theory now.
yeaaaaaaaaah look at all of the theory! With our large amount of charts and statistics.
math is theoretical.

etecoon

Smash Hero
when your platform is that the 4 best players in the world(or anyone that can beat a good meta knight twice) doesn't count then yeah, you're kind of theory BSing

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
When we've PROVEN it with stats, it's not theory.
You can deny it as much as you want but nobody has proven it wrong.
Maybe you should get on that rather than starting more ridiculous arguments that pro-ban has defeated several times already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom