• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I apologyze ^_^ I was just kidding anyways, I know YL has good match ups haha. I've seen some really cool stuff out of him anyways. You've been around since 04 and you still main YL so at the least I have to assume you know your stuff with him. I have absolutely no right to pretend like I know YL's match ups, if I ever played against one I would only have my experience using him and hopefully a big enough advantage in my character choice to make up for the inexperience haha.
Just because he joined in 04 doesn't mean he has knowledge of top level play for Ylink.

When have you heard of Laijin in tournament.

This is not a jab at you Laijin its just the fact that you speak of top levels but playing anyone at that top level I guarantee you would have trouble against these characters played well.

If you want to prove it, more power to you.

I have to agree with some of Laijin's matchups. G$'s Y.Link has ***** the crap out of my DK on numerous occasions and here I was thinking I'm the one ****ing up.
Gmoney could also just be flat out better then with you, kits too good.

<3 G$

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
---
Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco

High
---
Jigglypuff
Peach
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

Middle
---
Samus
Donkey Kong
Dr. Mario
Luigi
Pikachu
Mario

Low
---
Link
Young Link
Roy
Ness
Zelda
Game and Watch

Bottom
---
Bowser
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Kirby
Pichu

Vts

Smash Champion
i'm so glad ur not making the tier list lol.

ganon gets wrecked on my but anyone above him on the current tier list

he does do good i'll give him that but not good enough for high tier

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i'm so glad ur not making the tier list lol.

ganon gets wrecked on my but anyone above him on the current tier list

he does do good i'll give him that but not good enough for high tier
hows falcon different in this respect?

and yo nes SHEIK lol and fox arguably not falco but still falcons recovery is so **** and the top tiers are so reliant on fcking recoveries.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
o.o Ganondorf has a worse recovery than Captain Falcon... what are you smoking?

Fox ***** Ganondorf.
Sheik ***** ganondorf
Marth is still a soft counter against Ganon
Falco? umm.... it's a difficult matchup for both Falcon and Ganon.
Peach loooool
Captain Falcon ***** Ganondorf
Ice Climbers? loll good luck using Ganon against them.

j00t

Smash Champion
I imagine that Ganondorf would be kinda okay against ICs but I wouldn't know.

lol @ Ganon being better than Falcon >_>;

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
o.o Ganondorf has a worse recovery than Captain Falcon... what are you smoking?

Fox ***** Ganondorf.
Sheik ***** ganondorf
Marth is still a soft counter against Ganon
Falco? umm.... it's a difficult matchup for both Falcon and Ganon.
Peach loooool
Captain Falcon ***** Ganondorf
Ice Climbers? loll good luck using Ganon against them.
No, ganon's recovery is infinitely better than falcons. Ganon's weight, fall speed, down b, and sweetspot ability all exceed falcons recovery options by a lot.

Fox ***** Falcon.
Sheik ***** Falcon.
Falcon and marth go relatively even, ganon and marth go relatively even.
Falco? umm... it's a difficult matchup for both Falcon and Ganon.
Peach loool but with slightly less o's.
Captain Falcon Ganondorf is even.
Ice Climbers? loll neither have a hard time it's relatively even. IC's have more CG's v falcon and falcons recovery is ****tier.

If ganon and falcons upper and higher tier matchups are relatively balanced, yet falcon has trouble with random low tier matchups whereas ganon stomps the hell out of them, how is ganon not better?

pockyD

Smash Legend
No, ganon's recovery is infinitely better than falcons. Ganon's weight, fall speed, down b, and sweetspot ability all exceed falcons recovery options by a lot.
falcon's superior air control is a HUGE factor

...plus the awesomeness of a wall jump

If ganon and falcons upper and higher tier matchups are relatively balanced, yet falcon has trouble with random low tier matchups whereas ganon stomps the hell out of them, how is ganon not better?
they aren't "balanced" (whatever that means)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Puff gets ***** by every one above her

Fox

Marth

Sheik

Falco

Captain

Peach..

ic's

ANd some mid/low tiers

how is she high tier?

Oh yeah

Cause of me

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i love myself

Vts

Smash Champion
i'll say ganon wrecks on IC its a sad fact unless ur use to fighting ganons then a decent ganon will screw you.

i should know, one of the people i play smash with plays ganon and i use to beat him and now he just beasts and beats me.

i have to say i rather fight a falcon than a ganon but i would just pick fox vs ganon

j00t

Smash Champion

Fox kinda sorta ***** Falcon but not as badly as he does Ganondorf.
Sheik ***** Falcon (But not as badly as Sheik ***** Ganondorf)
Peach loool but with slightly less o's. (Peach vs. Falcon is better for Falcon than Peach vs. Ganondorf is for Ganondorf)
Captain Falcon >>>>>>>>>> Ganondorf.
Ice Climbers? loll neither have a hard time it's relatively even. IC's have more CG's v falcon and falcons recovery is ****tier.

Fixed, yo.

Truth.

otg

Smash Master
KevM: No argument that G$ is better than me, but like Y.Link's projectile game SHUTS DOWN DK, and turns him around everytime he gets hit so DK's usual strategy of Bair bair bair **** doesn't really work. They are closer than I"m giving myself credit for, but it's certainly not an easy mathcup for DK at all.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevM: No argument that G$ is better than me, but like Y.Link's projectile game SHUTS DOWN DK, and turns him around everytime he gets hit so DK's usual strategy of Bair bair bair **** doesn't really work. They are closer than I"m giving myself credit for, but it's certainly not an easy mathcup for DK at all.
You should be able to powershield consistently turned around and crouching as DK his PS frames are ******** there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Fox ***** Falcon.
Sheik ***** Falcon.
Peach loool but with slightly less o's.
Captain Falcon Ganondorf is even.

someone's biased.
also lol KevinM. are you suggesting that powershielding consistently is a given when making these tier lists? falco would suck then.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
someone's biased.
also lol KevinM. are you suggesting that powershielding consistently is a given when making these tier lists? falco would suck then.
Two things before you continue to make yourself look dumb.

1. At top levels, hell even at high levels of play most players can power shield consistently, And as such Falco has to be smart with his approaches.. you obviously don't know much about Falco if you say he sucks just because the other player can power shield.

2. The question was directed at DK vs Ylink.

Edit: @ OTG, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not considering at first before you edited it said "Thanks didn't know that"

Also you're not going for 100 percent powershield consistency, you're powershielding and using that to gain yourself an opening.

Edit2: You can also Bair the Bow and the Rang, so yeah.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
someone's biased.
biased how? i main falcon and i love him but people overhype their characters all the time. ganon has an easier time with so many more matchups. :dizzy: the reason the topi s the top is bc they DONT have a lot of bad matchups.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
If a Falco just throws lasers out there, he could have his whole "day" (re: approach and camping) ruined by getting snagged by a lone laser. Lot of the top tier characters can capitalize on that opening, especially if they're on some of the more smaller stages. Most of your extremely good Falcos throw lasers out there when their opponent is a) able to be hit by said lasers or b) when they know they can apply pressure to that person's shield without them powershielding.

Smooth Criminal

skyheart

Smash Lord
KevM: No, I wasn't being sarcastic, I didn't realize that DK's powershield was better when he's crouching. That's awesome to know. Just more incentive for me to improve my PS game :)
same, I had no idea either, and i love dk

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Lot's of chars have EASY powershields while crouching, try it v falco lasers you'll learn :D

if they get LOW it's good, if they simply kneel or crouch then neh

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I wouldn't necessarily say that Ganondorf is better than Falcon but they are a lot closer than all of you are making it sound. TML's suggestion may sound like heresy but it should be considered more closely I feel.

Top/High tier matchups are what matter, not random low tiers, so let's go over this one more time:

- Ganondorf does at least as well as Falcon vs Fox, Falco, and Sheik. People have thought that Sheik ***** Ganon for forever but I think that's starting to be proven wrong. He has an uphill battle vs these 3 characters but it's not the worst.
- They both do well vs Marth.

- Falcon probably does better vs Peach.
- Falcon vs Ganondorf is pretty close too, despite the fact that Falcon can combo Ganondorf really well if he messes up.
- vs Jiggs and IC they seem comparable

it's pretty close, no?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's quite close. And ganon v sheik is def better than falcon v sheik. Ganon can cg sheik right back! Plus having a better recovery v sheik is so integral.

They are very VERY close. I can't believe them not being next to each other, it's so close.

Ganon
Falcon

or

Falcon
Ganon

plus falcon gets ***** by random low tiers so that's just a little thing to considering (since overall matchups ARE still important, see pikachu)

so who's in between? can anyone put anyone in between them?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Lol, Peach Falcon Ganon are really close. I can conceivably see Peach between the two. They kind of have their own subtier within high:

the "we have 1 even matchup and 3 poor ones among the top 4, do okay against each other, and beat people below us except for random low tiers"

vs the rest of high tier, ICs Jiggs Samus

the "our matchups aren't super good in top or high tier but we're weird characters and if you're good enough with us you can place really well in/win large tournaments as evidenced by Mango Chu and Hugs etc."

btw what low tiers is falcon disadvantaged to? I can't think of any...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom