• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Smash Master
I think this more of a buff than a nerf honestly. Now Marth can tech shinespikes!
And waveshine->grab doesn't work anymore.
I didn't think anyone thought it was a nerf? The match with Marth would suck if he fell down, no more waveshine->grab->uthrow->uair. That's like half Fox's game against Marth.

VA

Smash Hero
lol what? You mean Uair, right? Because of the fact her moves are weaker, her combo potential has been increased in PAL except out of grabs. But yeah... um, uthrow didn't kill in NTSC, so yeah haha.

----
Other changes

Marth's Dair doesn't spike (it's a meteor) and Marth falls from Fox's shine
Fox is slightly weaker and lighter
Falco's Dair spikes basically the way it does in Brawl

Whenever I go over the PAL changes, I always come to thinking that Marth should be the best since he's the least nerfed and has an even easier time in the Fox matchup. But I'm beginning to realize why they have Sheik where she is.
Marth is lighter which is why he falls, and yes I did mean uair ^^

Fox has a few of his attacks significantly weakened.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I didn't think anyone thought it was a nerf? The match with Marth would suck if he fell down, no more waveshine->grab->uthrow->uair. That's like half Fox's game against Marth.
And with Shiek's d-throw sending Marth further away...Shiek's grab becomes pretty much useless against Marth and Marth becomes harder to combo.

I mean really, how is Marth not completely ****** over there?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that apart from fox's dsmash and usmash there weren't any attacks weakened. You said Uair was a few pages back, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong, I'd love to test it tho.
If someone with NTSC melee wants to bother:
Put DR. Mario (no weight changes) on one of the side platforms on DL64. Fulljump a FRESH Uair and post the percentages that he died. Please post both the percentages before AND after the hit. :)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=57155

Isn't everything in this thread correct?

If so...
- Fox's up and down smashes are weaker in PAL (upsmash - NTSC 18%, PAL 17%, down smash - NTSC 15%, PAL 13%)
- Fox's Up B is weaker in PAL (NTSC 14%, PAL 12%) and gets slightly less distance

Don't see anything about the U-air.
yes that is correct. uair isn't weakened, like i said
forgot about the up-b. not like it matters lol

you haven't said anything incorrect at all in this thread, i have no idea why vanityangel lashed out at you

VA

Smash Hero
lol, I've been to america and played and I really thought it had been nerfed and was more powerful there. But meh.

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
Before all this I was pretty sure Ganon was like in the bottom but now I think other wise.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
wow i thought mewtwo was bottom, didn't know kirby was lower. now people can't complain about mewtwo being bottom. Maybe he can be used competitively... hmmmm "pinky are you pondering what i'm pondering... no stupid i'm going to use mewtwo to take over the melee world..."-C4MC

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Oh......

halcyon.days. How would it be imbalanced for everyones down-angled attacks to be Spikes? I figured it be more balanced then some having Spikes and some having Meteors...

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Question about the ties: I've been told that the only "true" tie on this list is Jigglypuff and Falcon, and that the other seemingly tied characters (such as Fox/Marth) actually got different results that rounded to the same number. Is this true? Would it be possible to release the numbers to more than the tenths place?

It's a nitpicky question but I'd like to know the answer so I can make the technically-correct edit on SmashWiki.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Having all meteors as spikes would be imbalanced because edgeguards like Ylinks Dtilt now become incredible powerful and stupid hard to get around while other characters still wouldn't be affected at all. It wouldn't rip the game to shreds but it would certainly make the game even more based on stupid gimps. And trust me I love gimping.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, if all meteors would spike, the game would seriously become broken. Imagine Falcon, no one stands a chance if that dair is a spike.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wait so every character cannot have a spike that is equal to or less in power (as in easy to hit with) than Falco's dair but Falco can have one?

joeplicate

Smash Master
falcon definitely does have two taunts, it's not even just one turned around

when he faces away he snaps off that salute to the side, and when he's lookin at you he's proper and an upright gentlemen about it

no question

PCHU

Smash Lord
lmao all 3 of you, UNITE!
OBJECTION!!!!
FOUR Pichu players.
I am one as well.....but I haven't been to a tourney.

And why the hate on Pichu?
He's a great character....
How do people NOT see the potential he has?

Why is he bottom of the list?
Is it because he hurts himself?
He only does it because YOU GUYS put him that low...

Congrats, you've made an electric mouse emo....
JK 4 73|-| LUWLZEZ.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
1. Learn how to drive or get rides.

2. Go to Southaven.

3. After getting a thorough beating from DML, rethink what character you want to play.

But seriously if you can find a way to get to southaven (ONLY AN HOUR AND THIRTY MINUTES AWAY WHICH IS REALLY GOOD FOR MIDSOUTH TRAVEL FOR SMASH) and play us. ^_^

Edit: on topic, Falcon should be one spot higher!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom