• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Those spacies must be brain dead to let those combos happen, especially when one of them can DJ out of it and come down with an infinitely gay dair.
If the percent is low enough they cannot get out of it. From 0 you can upthrow into like 4 fairs and then end that with something if they miss the tech. I use the fc sb.
m2 can CG with D-throw and his up-throw -> f-air -> fair ->fair ***** spacies and if they DI too far away you can just WD d-tilt -> d-tilt etc etc into u-tilts or a grab
He cannot chain grab. I will not say this again.

If they hold any direction other than away you can regrab, or if they are at a low enough percent.

His up throw into fairs doesnt **** because it doesnt generally lead into a kill. Once you have done this combo you cant do it until next stock because they are at 2 high a percent.

I think you can do some variations of this at around 20 or lower. Otherwise they can jump out of the upthrow and you get a weeny *** nair or uair.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
a character is good when a good number of ppl can place high or decent with them. this is possible when the character has enough options to not be completly figured out by every other player.
Lack of popularity is a major problem you run into, a better measure is proportion of player out of players who are at the top of the metagame.

Fletch

Smash Master
Lack of popularity is a major problem you run into, a better measure is proportion of player out of players who are at the top of the metagame.
I was going to say exactly this. Just because a lot of people can't play ICs effectively because they play very differently from a lot of the cast doesn't mean they aren't good characters.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
This is the final tier list for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Completed October 2008. Approved by M3D and the SBR. All values are conclusive and finalized.

Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88

Middle
Samus 6.77
Dr. Mario 6.23
Ganondorf 6.04
Luigi 5.81
Donkey Kong 5.38
Mario 5.34

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15
I disagree with a few things. I truely believe ness is the worst character in the game. I'd rather play as pichu or bowser in a serious match.

My list would look different.

Top tier

Falco
Marth
Fox
Shiekh
Falcon

High tier

Ice climbers
Jigglypuff
Peach
Luigi
Dr mario

Mid tier

Ganondorf
Samus
Roy
Link
Mario

Low tier

Mewtwo
Yoshi
Game and Watch
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom tier

Donkey Kong
Zelda
Kirby Edit<
Pichu
Bowser
Ness

I put Donkey Kong so low, because most characters can combo him very easily based on size, i think just from being big makes his job so much harder, and he get's owned by better characters, that characters above on my tier list can actually do something against. Ness has the crappest moveset in the game, even if pichu hurts himself he has speed on his side what has ness got?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I disagree with a few things. I truely believe ness is the worst character in the game. I'd rather play as pichu or bowser in a serious match.

Top tier

Falco
Marth
Fox
Shiekh
Falcon

High tier

Ice climbers
Jigglypuff
Peach
Luigi
Dr mario

Mid tier

Ganondorf
Samus
Roy
Link
Mario

Low tier

Mewtwo
Yoshi
Game and Watch
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom tier

Donkey Kong
Zelda
Pichu
Bowser
Ness

I put Donkey Kong so low, because most characters can combo him very easily based on size, i think just from being big makes his job so much harder, and he get's owned by better characters, that characters above on my tier list can actually do something against. Ness has the crappest moveset in the game, even if pichu hurts himself he has speed on his side what has ness got?
Peach > Falcon. It goes without saying. Also, there is no way yoshi, M2, and G&W should be above DK. I'm not gunna go into details but yah...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
where kirby? I can argee with the ness thing but DK has really good grabs he shouldn't be lower than than m2. m2 can't approach,kill, is huge/combo bait, light, and sucks on platforms and edges he might be good enough to be bottom of low tier.

zedla is a lot like puff in some ways and her down-B stops her from ever being in bottom.

pikachu is an amazing gimp machine and is a lot like fox his recovery is also way to easy and hard to stop

Really you need to explain your stuff like how is falcon better than puff and fox 3rd what? Even if fox isn't winning everywhere he is still the best(I think) It's simply everyone uses him so peopple have learned how to fight him better.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Falco's combo game is superior to foxes in everyway. Do you never play as fox? and for a split second wish you were falco to get that extra height for a killing bair? Do i need to mention lasers? they set up into all smashes, combos and grabs if you want. Falco is fast ENOUGH has more stage control than fox and is a danger basically wherever he is on stage. Also his bair is way more deadly due to better air movement.

Marth is just hellish for every character i don't want to speak of it lol. The sword is too long.

Fox dies more than falco. For 2 reasons one falco isn't as fastfalling. The other his midair jump sucks and from there his recovery options are horrible. Falco wont be dying as much. His shine isn't as useful as falco's i feel. His gun isn't as useful as falco's. I don't think his longer dtilt, powerful upsmash and faster speed compensate for all of falco's advantages.

I feel captain falcon is better than peach. Because falcon does better against icies and jigglypuff than she does. I could be wrong i just feel like there's nothing i can do as peach in those matchups, i don't think peach does very well against any of the top tiers whereas falcon has a much better shot.

I guess my list is more about viability, donkey kong get's ripped to shreds by falco, fox, sheikh marth and falcon basically all characters have horrrible things they can do to him. Mewtwo doesn't need to approach he has decent grab range and shadowballs and his bair outranges marths sword. His down b can lead to a kill. If you pick stages with low ceilings such as yoshi's story you can upthrow them to death at like 70% guaranteed. Once you get into boxing range mewtwo becomes really good. All of his tilts are good, his uair is amazing has awesome range and power and can kill. his bair outranges alot and can kill and combo, his fair kills and combo's his dair... lol can be a pro spike... at best. He can kill from a distance has decent throws, has a very safe roll a large shield he isn't getting gimped has an amazing recovery,

I truely feel mewtwo is better than people think.

Yoshi m2 and game and watch better than dk? I believe so. Donkey kong has alot of easy to read options and if he makes a mistake he get's punished very hard for it. His tilts are slow save downtilt but i think that's punishable on shield. Game and watches fair alone make's donkey kong life hard it comes out quickly and if spaced right can't get punished, gaw has no real weak spot to aim for he may be light but his disjoints and combo's are all very solid. Yoshi is very underated imo, all his smashes are better than dk's he can double jump through smash attacks until like 100. He has a projectile unlike dk and all in all is just less readable, he's not slow and despite having no second jump tends to last a long time. Also gaw has judgement 9 which is quicker and more powerful than any of dk's moves : D.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Fox dies more than falco. For 2 reasons one falco isn't as fastfalling. The other his midair jump sucks and from there his recovery options are horrible. Falco wont be dying as much. \
And then I stopped reading.

Falco's recovery is much worse than Fox's and is one of the main key downfalls of falco. He gets gimped much earlier.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
And then I stopped reading.

Falco's recovery is much worse than Fox's and is one of the main key downfalls of falco. He gets gimped much earlier.
Oh yea another thing, falco's phantasm spikes whereas foxes does something pretty useless.

It could be argued that if either character has to fire (fox/bird) they are both dead even if foxes is longer. However because falco's midair jump is better you have a chance to confuse the opponenet at which height level you will phantasm. Both recoveries suck pretty bad.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't say that Tyler.

That's mean.

Also, I'm serious, if you couldn't tell. >:[

X1-12

Smash Champion

Top tier

Falco
Marth
Fox
Shiekh
Falcon

High tier

Ice climbers
Jigglypuff
Peach
Luigi
Dr mario

Mid tier

Ganondorf
Samus
Roy
Link
Mario

Low tier

Mewtwo
Yoshi
Game and Watch
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom tier

Donkey Kong
Zelda
Kirby Edit<
Pichu
Bowser
Ness

You do realise the list isn't supposed to just be based on how well you play as the characters?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Dude again how is kirby better than pichu but now bowser wtf? bowser hiding in his sheild using only up-B is better than kirby. heck bowser on yoshi story is faster than kirby. Also I find it so funny how m2 can't approach but he can get a grab somehow does he have any idea how hard it is to stand there and get a grab? Fox up-throw upair uppair to deathcompared to falco near useless throws. falco can't waveshine people off the stage into a shinespike.
is faster letting him do more things. up-smash is retarted really most of the stuff about fox is retarted.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Dude again how is kirby better than pichu but now bowser wtf? bowser hiding in his sheild using only up-B is better than kirby. heck bowser on yoshi story is faster than kirby. Also I find it so funny how m2 can't approach but he can get a grab somehow does he have any idea how hard it is to stand there and get a grab? Fox up-throw upair uppair to deathcompared to falco near useless throws. falco can't waveshine people off the stage into a shinespike.
is faster letting him do more things. up-smash is retarted really most of the stuff about fox is retarted.
Ganondorf is the best character in Melee.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
There's no point talking about what order the bottom tier should have while Ganondorf ***** them all.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Kirby can bair, upthrow to.... advantage'd position... lol, Can suicide for a kill via throw, and gains projectiles that help somewhat and a quick powerful fsmash. Bowser is just terrible and get's ***** in an entirely different way, also kirby is alot harder to gimp. He can lock uptilt against some characters and ftilt has it's use at times.

Kirby is better than bowser surely.

Just watch videos of taj as mewtwo. In a game where the other player is 99% of the time approaching, you will get hit's in. His grab range is large and can grab people out of shffl nair's iirc. His tail outranges plenty of characters that alone makes him good and very powerful throws. A very good character that requires alot of time.

Though it's completely debatable. That pikachu and gaw are better.

My mains are Falco, Doctor Mario and GAW.

Mewtwo and sheikh to a lesser extent.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
dk is like ganon. onlw w/o a shield.

kirby has virtually NO good matchups. not even even matchups. he sucks. there was only one good kirby in all of history. that was PC.

pichu had azen, kdj, and cactuar.

bowser has gimpyfish, djn, and djns one double partner who i forgot the name of(warrior something?). djn still ***** with bowser lol.

roy had some goodies. neo, ken, cactuar, masashi, azen. but now they all suck. cactuar retired btw

omg kens back btw. he lives mid west now. he sucks tho.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's enough to make grabbing a possibility instead of "omg, you'll only grab if your opponent fell over laughing cause you picked mewtwo".

Which reminds me, Kaostar, were you at snes? I remember playing a random mewtwo who wanted some replays for his combo vid and we did some games (beat me IIRC).

I dunno, had that nagging feeling that I knew you from somewhere ever since we debated about MH.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Naw I couldnt make it to snes. I wanted to go tho lol.

and yea its not a pikachu grab range or anything but its not marth shiek roy, even Ic have a bigger grab range.

and I just started to cut clips. I have a bunch tho over 100. Wide range of really nice to trash.

strawhats

Smash Master
dk is like ganon. onlw w/o a shield.

kirby has virtually NO good matchups. not even even matchups. he sucks. there was only one good kirby in all of history. that was PC.

pichu had azen, kdj, and cactuar.

bowser has gimpyfish, djn, and djns one double partner who i forgot the name of(warrior something?). djn still ***** with bowser lol.

roy had some goodies. neo, ken, cactuar, masashi, azen. but now they all suck. cactuar retired btw

omg kens back btw. he lives mid west now. he sucks tho.

Holy **** Ken is back :)

strawhats

Smash Master
is he tryin to make a comeback or something ?

Marth cant be too hard to remember m2k still does well even though he's starting to play like **** with marth (****ing Brawl)

strawhats

Smash Master
don't get too happy there everyone in MW is like a shell of their former selves like M2K (and yet will still get top 3...amazing) , Ken, Tink, Dope, Darkrain( somewhat rusty nothing a little pre-Pound practice will cure), Drephen (He's getting back into shape though), Watty is still good, Kels is rising somewhat.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think Ken can give M2K some hope vs Jiggs with Marth. Everyone knows Ken is the best strategist in Smash History(except maybe Mango)

strawhats

Smash Master
Yo where did you get the info from

People in Pound 4 thread are like confirm it ... so I already beleive you though

If I know Ken he'll get back and **** ****...like Azen but even more. this is gonna bring the world of melee back

I aalso talk to Neo on the brawl stream today and he said he'll probably start playing melee competitvely again after Pound 4

strawhats

Smash Master
neo? ****!

ken was in one of sveets tournies i heard
Yeah Mike G said that he will have Neo and Bum along with the rest of Old DA( that means you too Wes) back playing melee by 2011.

MELEE 'S BACK BABY. :laugh:

I think alot of them are starting to feel the Brawl blues. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom