• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
so does pichu he has a more solid method of killing them, avoiding lasers, approaching and not getting ***** by upwards killpower. m2 has better range and tilts.

No every one has some kind of plan vs spacies like chain throw or whatever.

X1-12

Smash Champion
i saw this ganon chaingrab vs falco leadng into a 0-death combo but i heard the CG was like actually impossible unless you know which way they're gonna DI cause no-one has that fast reactions

Magus420

Smash Master
It's definitely possible to regrab purely on reaction starting from at least around 50/60 or so to death, since even I can do that. Works on Fox too, but I can't start doing it on reaction with good success until more around 70/80 for him.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WHy does m2 do good vs fox and that ends that. bwsoer and zedla have chain throws on them and zedla can space fairs/bairs kindof like jigglypuff which is pretty good vs space animal. link are good at camping and there main flaw is speed m2 has many flaws.

X1-12

Smash Champion
WHy does m2 do good vs fox and that ends that. bwsoer and zedla have chain throws on them and zedla can space fairs/bairs kindof like jigglypuff which is pretty good vs space animal. link are good at camping and there main flaw is speed m2 has many flaws.

M2

Pros
insane recovery
projectile can be used for gimping or charged up for kills
invincible and invisible during nearly all of Up+B
can easily combo fastfallers
Good CG
good killing throws
good edgeguarder with B-airs and N-air
fast roll
long WD
decent range

Cons
Light
shortish grab range
slow spot-dodge
big
he's big
few approaches

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah it's more like

M2

Pros
insane recovery
can easily combo fastfallers
good throws
long WD
decent range

Cons
Light
slow spot-dodge
he's big
few approaches
sucks on platforms
slowish
sucks on the edge
sucks at killing

m2 has more cons than pros and the approach, speed and bad at evading are really really bad worse than pichu's self damage.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
being good against spacies and being a good char are two irrelevent things.
Lol, this doesnt make sense. You just nullified the importance of both statements pertaining to a hypothesis that you never stated.
M2

Pros
insane recovery
projectile can be used for gimping or charged up for kills
invincible and invisible during nearly all of Up+B
can easily combo fastfallers-Its not as easy as you think. His combo system is too linear. They never have to mix up their DI for any of his moves. You simply hold away to get out of all of m2 combos. Smash DI even better. same with throws, opposite for survival obviously, and his up throw isnt as low a percent on spacies.
Good CG -doesnt actually have one.
good killing throws-best in the game, but isnt actually that good. hes gotta use it tho.
good edgeguarder with B-airs and N-air-not that great at edgeguarding. He just has a good recovery and can edgguard from far away. He cant really gimp. You can only edgeguard predictable recoveries or ones that are far out/require the ledge.
fast roll-Far roll, and thats really only the back one thats good. The front ones leaves you shielding still because you have poor options oos. Then you get punished for rolling.
long WD-Yea, maks him, in conjunction with the teleport decently mobile
decent range-nothing phenomenal. You will have a hard time keeping ppl at bay.

Cons
Light
shortish grab range-its mid range and has a decent behind grabbox.
slow spot-dodge-can be a plus. Most ppl dont see that you have dodged and arent use to the timing. Also you cant really see him spot dodge because his animation is almost the same as standing.
big-HUGE
he's big-from the back
few approaches-True
M2 is better than the rest of bottom and a fair bit of low as well
Despite all of this, I think that he is still better than bottom. He has good matchups with the bottom and low tiers. But you will find that playing against a mewtwo and exploiting a m2 are two very different things. You can utterly **** m2 wth fox if you know how to do it. He is just too big and slow at close range. All of the tight things he can do are really just tricks. They are almost all beatable. He has very few safe option.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
So my list was more right. But hey he should move up now it's undeniable now they took away stages that aren't FD.

Wait they should cjange the list on that reason alone. think stages greatly affext matchs like ice climbers they pick pokeflaots wtf you lose. Like who is more favored now? they took away anto puff stages so yeah get ***** they changed the rules so the list HAS to be changed even if there where no metgame changes(which there have been many)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont think it would affect the list that much. I think they tried to base the list more off raw ability, not based on specific stages.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I dont think it would affect the list that much. I think they tried to base the list more off raw ability, not based on specific stages.
Stages effect practical aspects radically, a character that wins 60-40 or better on 50% +1 of the neutrals is a 55-45 even if otherwise 50-50. Worse now that we're doing stage striking, cause you're dealing with 60-40, first stage round, you may win the second one 99-1, but you're getting another 60-40 or worse next time around.

And what if you only have 1 good counter-pick and it's 3 out of 5? Or worse?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
lemme rephrase that

just because mewtwo can **** scrubby foxes doesnt mean hes a good char. a decent fox can destroy mewtwo. if u would like to argue this, name 10 mewtwos that **** any fox that has somewhat decent braket placings.

mewtwo has a very shallow bag of tricks. that is why he sucks.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
lemme rephrase that

just because mewtwo can **** scrubby foxes doesnt mean hes a good char. a decent fox can destroy mewtwo. if u would like to argue this, name 10 mewtwos that **** any fox that has somewhat decent braket placings.

mewtwo has a very shallow bag of tricks. that is why he sucks.
Quoted for truth. In smash tiers, quantity over quality.

Any character > Any scrubby user of a character.

Oversimplified example:One can use pichu and own a scrub using Marth even though that matchup is WAY TOO MUCH in Marth's favor.

X1-12

Smash Champion
m2 can CG with D-throw and his up-throw -> f-air -> fair ->fair ***** spacies and if they DI too far away you can just WD d-tilt -> d-tilt etc etc into u-tilts or a grab

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
that pichu thing is to true my brother hated my pichu so he picked marth and planed to **** me somehow. I 4 stocked him and he hit me but 3 hits.

If they can easily di out or hit you it's not a chain throw di away from m2 and they don't work so good.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
m2 can CG with D-throw and his up-throw -> f-air -> fair ->fair ***** spacies and if they DI too far away you can just WD d-tilt -> d-tilt etc etc into u-tilts or a grab
Those spacies must be brain dead to let those combos happen, especially when one of them can DJ out of it and come down with an infinitely gay dair.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Really m2 has way to many flaws Really the following have to many flaws to do decent without a really good player. kirby, pichu, m2, ness, yoshi, bowser, G&W. maybe yoshi a little higher than them because he isn't as cripled half of them. They can't even appraoch to land attacks and in general their attacks suck they all have something decent but to cover their flaws is like useing your hands to fix a hole in a dam. The only reason why I think pichu is better than most is because he can run away till he knows what to do and he can keep up with faster people what will any of them do if a fast person starts approaching? they are F***ed.

They can't run away from having no approach, defence, or they are easy to camp and can really camp back. And most can't even land a decent kill other than G&W and pichu.

Sorry I'm a bottom tier player but look at the F***ing truth I mean I will never say pichu sucks because I still feel he is better than they say if they moved him up I could say he sucks like I say for pikachu sucking.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Those spacies must be brain dead to let those combos happen, especially when one of them can DJ out of it and come down with an infinitely gay dair.
i'm sure up-throw -> fair is guaranteed combo from 0% and then you can DJC into another

just btw when i say i'm sure doesnt necessarily i'm right

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
im happy smashboards is an oligarchy and not a democracy.

imo, the tier list should look like this

princess puff
solid snake puff (NOT rambo)
blue puff
naked puff
red puff.

jk but im gonna think about it and post my true thoughts in a bit.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
roy will grab>ghetto cg that "cuteness"

anywhos imho i think the list should look somewhat like this..

better than top
0 falcons manliness

1/2 fox/falco
3 sheik
4 puff
5 marth

high
6 peach
7 falcon
8 ganon
9 ICs
10 doc

mid
11 samus
12 pika
13 DK
14 mario
15 weegee
16 link

low
17 young link
18 zelda
19 roy
20 gaw
21 m2

bottom
22 pichu
23 yoshi
24 bowser
25 ness
26 kirby

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
better than top
0 falcons manliness (higher D*** it)

1/2 fox/falco
3 sheik
4 puff
5 marth

high
6 peach
7 falcon
8 ganon
9 ICs(they can fall anywhere between 7-10 but they have techically inproved due to the banning of poke floats and other stages)
10 doc(just isn't someone you see who wins or places high in tourments bad recovery but his camping is pretty good and he isn't that different from mario)

mid
11 samus
12 pika
13 DK(don't know why but I always think dk should be lower)
14 mario
15 weegee(luigi has a better recover, power, shield pressure, and movemnt one over mario)
16 link

low
17 young link
18 zelda
19 roy
20 gaw
21 m2

bottom
22 pichu(just beyond yoshi but his movemnt makes him much better than most bottoms because he can just avoid his problems and wait that's reason enough for him to be higher)
23 yoshi(I would think he should be higher than m2 better approach, killing foes, combos and projectile plus yoshi is so cool)
24 bowser
25 ness( I want to disargee but it's true ness isn't very good)
26 kirby(lower than his duck)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
that pichu thing is to true my brother hated my pichu so he picked marth and planed to **** me somehow. I 4 stocked him and he hit me but 3 hits.

If they can easily di out or hit you it's not a chain throw di away from m2 and they don't work so good.
Nobody cares about what you do with your brother, that has nothing to do with tournament play. Didn't you once say your brother can't even L-cancel?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah that was the point you can't just pick marth and barely win agaist a somewhat decent pichu. you should have read the post a little higher.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
theres actually a good amount of legit docs.

theres more renoun marios than luigis i think. could be wrong

m2 has/had some pretty good players. i.e. taj, iori(or is it lori?). thats why i think he should be where i put him.

thats what i think about pichu. better at not dying

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It's lori m2 is somwewhat popular for a bottom tier he shold be higher but maybe not that high of a jump just to top of bottom. Also there aren't as many ice climbers as links faultly reasoning something is better because there is more.

But yeah ___ isn't good because A lot of people play as them.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
a character is good when a good number of ppl can place high or decent with them. this is possible when the character has enough options to not be completly figured out by every other player.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
a character is good when a good number of ppl can place high or decent with them. this is possible when the character has enough options to not be completly figured out by every other player.
I like that actually. Pretty legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom