• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
posting to a combo video is not anything at all

its a combo video

theyre made for entertainment almost 100% of the time

3GOD

Smash Ace
Why are Ice Climbers still so high?

I assume it's because of Chu's tournament results, but I can't help thinking that he's skewing their position too much. At the very least, I would expect a little less spread in the point difference between Samus and ICs.

Also, I think Captain Falcon should be closer to Peach point wise (and maybe ahead of her).

CF vs Fox is about the same as Peach vs Fox
CF vs Marth is much better than Peach vs Marth
CF vs Sheik is worse than Peach vs Sheik
CF vs Falco is worse than Peach vs Falco
CF vs Peach is roughly even (or slightly in CF's favor)

Peach has been overrated too long due to most smashers not truly getting good at Melee until the last 2 or 3 years.

CF and Peach both have trouble with Fox and Sheik. CF has a decent match-up against Marth, and Peach has a decent match-up against Falco. The Marth match-up is a little more important, so I think that should give CF a slight boost to at least Peach's position or above.

Binx

Smash Master
Ice Climbers are so high because they are amazing! A technical peach can do ridiculous things, she has a better match up vs Ice Climbers and I believe most of the other mid tiers. Also peach is much better against fox than CF, she has an easier time killing during a combo against him, watch cort and you'll see what I mean.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
If somebody in the SBR bothers to read this, I have two questions (just out of curiousity):

Why have G&W, Zelda and Ness gone past Yoshi?
Why are Mario and Dr Mario so far apart?

Thanks if anyone answers lol.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
Why are Ice Climbers still so high?

I assume it's because of Chu's tournament results, but I can't help thinking that he's skewing their position too much. At the very least, I would expect a little less spread in the point difference between Samus and ICs.

Also, I think Captain Falcon should be closer to Peach point wise (and maybe ahead of her).

CF vs Fox is about the same as Peach vs Fox
CF vs Marth is much better than Peach vs Marth
CF vs Sheik is worse than Peach vs Sheik
CF vs Falco is worse than Peach vs Falco
CF vs Peach is roughly even (or slightly in CF's favor)

Peach has been overrated too long due to most smashers not truly getting good at Melee until the last 2 or 3 years.

CF and Peach both have trouble with Fox and Sheik. CF has a decent match-up against Marth, and Peach has a decent match-up against Falco. The Marth match-up is a little more important, so I think that should give CF a slight boost to at least Peach's position or above.
dood, nice sig, definitely high tier on the sig tier list

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
boys and girls get it through your thick heads

this tier list is perfect

it is beyond perfection

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Question:

If two characters have equal numbers, Fox and Marth for example are both 9.9, does that mean they are of equal placement on the tier list? Or does it mean that Fox is higher and that they did not want to extend the number into the tenths and hundreths position?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
MMs are by and large the accepted best method of proving that one character has an even matchup with another.

Numbers were rounded. There were only 2 characters iirc that had an actual equal placement.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
No, Falco is not better than Marth. He gets destroyed off stage WAY too easily. He's just a tiny bit worse than the three above him. He's above everyone below him, but below the people above him. He's good where he's at.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
if falco's recovery was as good as foxes would he be about first or second?. I think so. thats about the only major thing wrong with him.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Why...? Marth is beast.

Does anyone honestly believe this anymore? Falco's recovery sucks... throw him off the stage and he's dead.
Not Blunted_Object10, his falco recovers like nothing you've seen b4.

Not saying Falcos recovery doesn't suck in general. However, he has the best ON STAGE game IMO so I think it balances out. He's still not as good as Fox/Marth though, maaaaybe sheik imo :/ but this is all based on what I've seen and experienced.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Lol, can't wait for you to see MY falcon =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ofI4cVBdI&feature=related
That's about all I need to say about your Falcon. Forward Smash to Forward Smash... DI/Teching failure FTW?

Darkrain is probably the best Falcon in the world... you'd have a very hard time disputing that fact. He's such a **** player. But Cactuar really exposes Falcon's character flaws (moves come out slow, crap shield, crap sidestep, crap tech roll, crap recovery, low priority)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
eww, you pulled a youtube match? How cliche.

Never made any statements about having an even exceptional falcon. Just can't wait for you to play it is all =)

My youtube vids can't possibly justify how good I am @ melee. No way. Ask dieslow, SpaceFalcon, and other locals, they've seen me play meta-game w/falcon. All things aside, just don't judge people from youtube vids, lol.

EDIT: Darkrain is my most recent influence and his Falcon is unmatched. Only close ones right now are SS and Machdash IMO.

2nd EDIT: Your sig looks like it has 4 diagonally and almost horizontally slanted ******'s The one on the bottom right looks the most like a vag tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom