• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
CC'ing is only good if you know how to and when to use it, it by no means has to affect the tier list at all whci I think would be absurd.
Well some characters are heavier and have better crouch cancels as well as better options out of a crouch cancel, so umm, it definitely has an effect on the tier list. Because some characters can and will use it effectively to trade hits for more damage/better position and some characters can't, although that doesn't make them bad, Marth for instance has a crappy crouch cancel but you can't say he wouldn't be better if he had a good one and a good dsmash to go with it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Or could it be Special Brawl Report?

Ontopic: Whoah falco and kirby dropped a lot (didn't expect to see him below mew2)
and how did weegee end up that high?
Well for one, there's Ka-master that always gets good results in tournament. And 2, the characters who win low-tier tournaments is always Luigi and DK. So.. they became overpowered. lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Falcon > Peach IMO

I was surprised yoshi went so low. I honestly know nothing about his character 'cept he gets ***** by Ness. What matchups does he have that are different from Ness'?

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
according to wikipedia psilocybe cubensis is actually "a species of psychedelic mushroom"...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
why? peach is like a rock
Better combos, knee, better matchup vs. Marth. Not really sure about fox/falco/sheik matchups for Falcon. I know that peach is at a disadvantage vs. Fox/Marh/Sheik.

I see more Falcon's placing high than Peach's.

IDK, it's just what I think. It's not like I'm biased since I main her.

With Luigi gone Ness only has to worry about GaW in low tiers now lolz. He's **** in low tier tournaments.

~Cyn~

Smash Rookie
Really love the changes...

Incredibly happy for M2

Along with Luigi's escape from low tier

And I say Marth and Sheik are just fine where they are...

though, still a little iffy on the whole Falcon and jiggs, but hey, their the experts :O,

good job guys...

-.< (he's either winking, or he has a mental condition X.x)

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Wow...I JUST noticed they came out with a final tier list.

Wow, Jigglypuff moved up.

Wow, Marth moved up.

Wow, I just stated the obvious.

Wow, I wish Kirby was absolute botttom...then Kirby mainers could say that we play the worst character.

Wow...

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
QUESTION!!!!!!!!

Why did Falco move down? I understand we have found ways to counter him, but consider this.

The pattern in melee seems to be this: Champion plays Marth and seconds Fox. Champion beats crap out of everyone. Then, challenger comes along (this is PC Chris or DSW, maybe Bombsoldier). THis challenger is one of the first people to really put up a fight and occasionally even bests the champion. Now: the challenger is always PLAYING FALCO. We never see a Sheik or Fox challenger. And yet Falco has been moved down. Shouldn't it be Marth, Falco, Fox, etc?

Just mah 2 cents.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
QUESTION!!!!!!!!

Why did Falco move down? I understand we have found ways to counter him, but consider this.

The pattern in melee seems to be this: Champion plays Marth and seconds Fox. Champion beats crap out of everyone. Then, challenger comes along (this is PC Chris or DSW, maybe Bombsoldier). THis challenger is one of the first people to really put up a fight and occasionally even bests the champion. Now: the challenger is always PLAYING FALCO. We never see a Sheik or Fox challenger. And yet Falco has been moved down. Shouldn't it be Marth, Falco, Fox, etc?

Just mah 2 cents.
KoreanDJ never existed.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
In this new metagame, the only thing Falco really has to rely on is lasers. Marth, Sheik and Fox can all kill him from a grab. Falco WAS really good back when people didn't know how to deal with.

Now everyone just knocks him over and takes his stock.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
it is a mental disorder
your a mental disorder, psilocybe is broken tier

In this new metagame, the only thing Falco really has to rely on is lasers. Marth, Sheik and Fox can all kill him from a grab. Falco WAS really good back when people didn't know how to deal with.

Now everyone just knocks him over and takes his stock.
you've seen dashizwiz vs m2k set at FAST right?

he 3stocks m2ks marth on pokemoonnnn stadium

this happened recently

EDIT
falco can just combo/laser you and take your stock

he's not really at a disadvantage in any matchup

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i will defend m2k and say

that he played like crap

at fast but pulled wins out of his

i hate u m2k

=D

D20

Smash Lord
I think this is, by far, the most accurate list we have to date. There is a clear gap between the Middle and the Low tiers - something that was missing in the previous list. I have one question... are characters with the same score considered equal? For example, would Captain Falcon be higher on the list than Jigglypuff, or do they occupy the same spot?

Good job on this list... despite what M2K might say about Sheik's placement. Democracy wins.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
i will defend m2k and say

that he played like crap

at fast but pulled wins out of his

i hate u m2k

=D

its true, but m2k playing like crap is still pretty good.

EDIT

also It seemed in the set vs dashizwiz his subpar performance was perhaps due to the laaazeerrrsss.

M@v

Subarashii!
I think this is, by far, the most accurate list we have to date. There is a clear gap between the Middle and the Low tiers - something that was missing in the previous list. I have one question... are characters with the same score considered equal? For example, would Captain Falcon be higher on the list than Jigglypuff, or do they occupy the same spot?

Good job on this list... despite what M2K might say about Sheik's placement. Democracy wins.
Im pretty sure if they have the same numerical value, its the same spot. IMO they should do this number system on the next brawl tier list too. Its a great concept I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom