• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Zoler

Smash Ace
I've thought about the Luigi vs Mario for a while and decided that Mario might actually be better. This might be wrong but the reason is probably that Mario has such better spacing and movement. Luigi has to rely a lot on wavedashes, which is really predictable.

Also his recovery is a lot worse than Marios (not counting misfire that is, lol).

If anyone would explain more that would be helpful. :)

Link vs YL I have no idea lol. Just because YL can camp puff to some extent and maybe peach doesn't make him any better vs other characters. Leaning towards Link here.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
It's been known since way before this current tier list that YLink can outcamp Peach and Puff. To my awareness, Link can do the same to a lesser extent, but I don't think this necessarily factors [to a sufficient amount] into why YLink should be higher than Link...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik isn't worse than Peach.

Peach excels in a lot of aspects that Sheik misses out on (Peach can attack shields far more safely, has more frame-safe stuff, and has an actual recovery) but her movement speed and weaker range makes life really difficult at times. Sheik's ability to finish combos easily also helps a ton against characters that you want to kill quickly. She also gimps and edgeguards much better.

Beat!

Smash Master
I honestly don't see how Peach isn't in S rank now. She's clearly better than Marth and Sheik. This is ****ing stupid!
lol wut, no way. One player having great success isn't enough to prove that.

Hungrybox and Armada wrecking does NOT make Puff/Peach the best chars in the game.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
none of you know what your talking about at all. Seriously, Why is Link not in at least B rank? and young link should be at least in high C tier! You saw what Armada did to Hungrybox! Get it right!!!!

LLDL

Smash Hero
I mean that's the first time that has happened, so I think I'll wait a bit before making a verdict lol.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
none of you know what your talking about at all. Seriously, Why is Link not in at least B rank? and young link should be at least in high C tier! You saw what Armada did to Hungrybox! Get it right!!!!
attempted trolling is obvious at this point.

Falco > Fox.

Discuss.
i've been saying this is a possibility for a while now.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Sheik isn't worse than Peach.

Peach excels in a lot of aspects that Sheik misses out on (Peach can attack shields far more safely, has more frame-safe stuff, and has an actual recovery) but her movement speed and weaker range makes life really difficult at times. Sheik's ability to finish combos easily also helps a ton against characters that you want to kill quickly. She also gimps and edgeguards much better.
Agreed, the way I see it is that sheik's edge game covers more options than peach and I think sheik has better punishment options that can quickly lead to a kill or a combo that can shift momentum during that stock more so than peach.

Doser

Smash Ace
Fox hasn't won a national in a long time. Why must it be purely coincidence that the best players never play fox? It could be that fox is very hard to play and thus doesn't perform as well in top tournaments.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
falcos definitely the easiest character, but idk about best
define easiest. despite his ability inflict damage he can just as easily be combo fodder, so i would argue he has a very steep learning curve

edit: or do you mean easiest for good players. even then i would still disagree due to margin of error

john!

Smash Hero
fox and falco aren't easy at top level. they can be easy at mid level because you can just be stupid technical and beat people, but at high level that doesn't work, you have to be smart.

although i'm convinced that the spacies are the best characters in the game.

Top Bottom